Infinite Speed vs Immeasurable Speed vs Irrelevant Speed ?

• 47 results
#1 Posted by Mad_Jim (2668 posts) - - Show Bio

What is the difference between these speed tiers ? Which one is highest tier ?

#2 Edited by iUseMyCajonas (4527 posts) - - Show Bio

What does this even mean?

Infinite speed is infinite so it would be the best in any scenario.

Immesurable Speed is subjective to whoever's measuring it.

Irrelevant Speed isn't a speed tier.

#3 Edited by tethadam (1418 posts) - - Show Bio

Irrelevant Speed Sucks.

#4 Posted by TheWatcherKing (18883 posts) - - Show Bio

You've already made this thread.

#7 Posted by Buckwheat (2482 posts) - - Show Bio

@mad_jim said:

What is the difference between these speed tiers ? Which one is highest tier ?

Infinite speed is so fast it does not have a limit, hence no other speed would be faster.

Inmeasurable speed, according to today's tech would be anithing faster than the speed of light. Or any speed whatsoever if you don't have tech at all. Either way is slower than infinite.

Irrelevant speed is not a measurement of how fast the speed is, but rather of the uselfulness of said speed. It's a speed that doesn't matter. So it does not imply it being very fast or even slow. It just states that the speed is usless. Irrelvant.

#8 Posted by Mad_Jim (2668 posts) - - Show Bio
#9 Edited by Unlimited1 (1436 posts) - - Show Bio

@mad_jim:

Infinite Speed (Able to move indefinitely while time literally stands still, or to travel anywhere instantly. Teleportation does not count.)

Immeasurable (Movement beyond linear time. This is why the speed cannot be measured. Given that S = D/T, if T is undefined the speed formula cannot be applied. This is the same reason why multiple temporal dimensions also grant immeasurable speed.)

Irrelevant (Characters beyond, and qualitatively superior to, the concepts of dimensions of time and space themselves.)

#10 Edited by HitTheAssasin (8758 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol at irrelevant speed.

Infinite speed means that the character can move an infinite distance in any time.

Immeasurable speed simply means that the speed they're moving at cannot be measured and can thus vary depending on the situation.

Irrelevant speed isn't even a thing as far as I know.

#11 Edited by Chad_Duby (6047 posts) - - Show Bio

Da Fuq(hopefully I didn't break the rules by talking like this)?

#12 Posted by Unlimited1 (1436 posts) - - Show Bio

@hittheassasin: @iusemycajonas: @buckwheat:

Infinite Speed (Able to move indefinitely while time literally stands still, or to travel anywhere instantly. Teleportation does not count.)

Immeasurable (Movement beyond linear time. This is why the speed cannot be measured. Given that S = D/T, if T is undefined the speed formula cannot be applied. This is the same reason why multiple temporal dimensions also grant immeasurable speed.)

Irrelevant (Characters beyond, and qualitatively superior to, the concepts of dimensions of time and space themselves.)

#13 Posted by SwagPack (1191 posts) - - Show Bio

Infinite speed = You are able to cross infinite distance or move while time is stopped. You can move to any place instantly, but are restricted by the four basic dimensions.

Immeasurable: Next tier of speed. The formula for speed cannot be applied because you are not restricted to the 3 spatial and 1 temporal dimension. This is reserved for 5D beings or above.

Irrelevant: Highest level of speed. This is reserved for characters who are beyond the concept of dimension. Since they don't require dimensions to move, their way of moving is beyond our logic.

#14 Posted by Mad_Jim (2668 posts) - - Show Bio

@swagpack: Omnipresent beyond than irrelevant ?

#15 Edited by DirtyNapkin (7 posts) - - Show Bio

Infinite speed since it’s infinite

#16 Posted by Mooty_Pass (10479 posts) - - Show Bio
  • Infinite Speed
  • Immeasurable Speed
  • Irrelevant Speed

Infinite Speed is the only Speed I have heard off.

#17 Posted by SwagPack (1191 posts) - - Show Bio

@mad_jim:

An omnipresent being would theoretically be faster than anyone else, but it depends on the scale of omnipresence.
Someone like Yog-Sothoth with his omnipresence is faster than a character who would have "Irrelevant" speed. To be safe, any character who is omnipresent and is beyond the concept of dimensions is faster than a character whose speed is irrelevant.

#18 Posted by slimj87d (15680 posts) - - Show Bio

People, this thread already exist. The op must have amnesia or something.

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/off-topic-5/infinite-speed-vs-immeasurable-speed-vs-irrelevant-1885872/?page=1#js-message-41

#19 Posted by Mad_Jim (2668 posts) - - Show Bio

@swagpack: Then ;

Absolute Omnipresence > Irrelevant Speed > Low Level Omnipresence

#20 Posted by SwagPack (1191 posts) - - Show Bio
#21 Posted by Mad_Jim (2668 posts) - - Show Bio
#22 Edited by LDM (5362 posts) - - Show Bio

These concepts are from vsbattle wikis

#23 Posted by Mad_Jim (2668 posts) - - Show Bio

@ldm: but acceptable tiers ..

#24 Posted by SwagPack (1191 posts) - - Show Bio

@ldm:

No, since they took it from ACF and they took it from somewhere else. Vsbattles wiki did not invent those concepts.

#25 Posted by Buckwheat (2482 posts) - - Show Bio

@mad_jim said:

@buckwheat: Omnipresent beyond than irrelevant ?

I don't really understand the sentence. What does omnipresence have to do with irrelevance? What is beyond irrelveant? Something even more meaningless? Absolute irrelevance? That cannot be a speed measurement.

#26 Posted by Buckwheat (2482 posts) - - Show Bio

@hittheassasin: @iusemycajonas: @buckwheat:

I agree to the first two descriptions. But I still don't grasp the sense of Irrelevant speed. If a character is above dimensions, space and time... How is he moving at a certain speed?

I think the description is not accurate. I think it would be better to say that speed or movement is irrelevant to such a character. Not that the velocity at which he moves is irrelevant, as if irrelevant was a speed measure.

#27 Edited by jashugan (6652 posts) - - Show Bio

Did you get this crap from VS battles?

#28 Posted by Buckwheat (2482 posts) - - Show Bio

@swagpack said:

@mad_jim:

An omnipresent being would theoretically be faster than anyone else, but it depends on the scale of omnipresence.

Someone like Yog-Sothoth with his omnipresence is faster than a character who would have "Irrelevant" speed. To be safe, any character who is omnipresent and is beyond the concept of dimensions is faster than a character whose speed is irrelevant.

I have to disagree.

Omnipresence means that you are present at all places at the same time. But it does NOT imply you have a physical body.

Actually it's the other way around, an omnipresent being cannot have a omnipresent physical body, for if he had, he would occupy all space, including matter. So omnipresence is a higher level of existance beyond a physical body. Omnipresence is an ever present incorporeal consciousness.

The first thing you need to travel from point A to point B is a physical self. If you are an omnipresent cosnciousness you are already present at both A and B, so there is no movement, you don't need to travel to be everywhere. You simply are.

I gather the term Irrevelant Speed was presented as an actual velocity in a comic? If that's the case I think the writer didn't think things through. Specially if it is associated to an omnipresent entity.

The one thing that makes omnipresence is that the onipresent being is everywhere. Hence he does not travel, he does not move. Speed is irrelevant to him.

But, movement being irrelevant to an omnipresent entity does not mean that "irrelevant speed" is a way of moving.

I don't know if I'm explaining myself properly. But I see it very clearly in my head.

#29 Posted by SwagPack (1191 posts) - - Show Bio

@buckwheat:

It's not about physical bodies. It's about speed. An attack from an omnipresent being will always be faster than an attack from a being which has infinite speed.
Of course there is no movement. That's why you are faster.

"Irrelevant" speed doesn't come from any comic. It's simply a term to describe a character who transcends dimensions, therefore speed, as we know it, is irrelevant for it.

#30 Posted by Buckwheat (2482 posts) - - Show Bio

@swagpack:

It's not about physical bodies. It's about speed.

The definition of speed is; the distance travelled by an object divided by the duration of the trip. So, if you take the object out of the equation, there is no way of measuring speed.

An attack from an omnipresent being will always be faster than an attack from a being which has infinite speed.

I do not agree. Being omnipresent does not indicate the reaction time the omnipresent consciousness has.

Per example if I was to be granted with omnipresence, without altering the speed with which I react to what I see, I would see everything, but I would react to it at a normal human’s reaction rate.

So, if I (my omnipresent self) see a man drop a ball, and the Flash is standing next to that same guy, he would react faster than I, for even though he is not omnipresent and hence he is not aware of what is happening in all other parts of existence, he is in next to the guy dropping the ball, sees it just as I, but since he has faster reaction time, he will be faster than me.

Of course there is no movement. That's why you are faster.

I find this sentence to be completely contradictory. Velocity implies movement. If there is no movement there is no speed.

"Irrelevant" speed doesn't come from any comic. It's simply a term to describe a character who transcends dimensions, therefore speed, as we know it, is irrelevant for it.

This I totally agree with. A entity that transcends dimensions and doesn’t need speed, will find speed irrelevant. For such a character speed is irrelevant. Yes. But this sentence has nothing to do with the velocity that character travels.

Do this make sense to you?

#32 Posted by HypeBeastCSB15 (1281 posts) - - Show Bio

it goes: Infinite<Immeasurable<Irrelevant. Theres also a new speed tier called inaccessible speed, but nobody is really using that one on battle forums yet. Its above infinite, but below immeasurable.

#33 Posted by DaxNovu (167 posts) - - Show Bio

This speed is the fastest.

---

"I destroyed your Presence, your Radiant and your Spectre. Come now. Beg for life from Mandrakk. Here at the end of all stories."

Avatar image for rampagethefirst
#34 Posted by RampageTheFirst (8000 posts) - - Show Bio

Did you get this crap from VS battles?

#35 Posted by Mister_Surreal (12070 posts) - - Show Bio

@mad_jim:

Infinite Speed: An object moving or person infinitely faster than anything else.

Immeasurable Speed: Speed that for whatever reason (usually due to being too fast) cannot be measured by any conventional means.

Irrelevent Speed: Speed that is considered irreverent based on it not being considered apart or affecting the perimeters of the situation.

#36 Posted by LeoTheGreatest (5670 posts) - - Show Bio

If you’re referring to irrelevant as being in another dimensional tier, then Irrelevant speed is the winner.

#37 Posted by JuzaCloud (3849 posts) - - Show Bio

- Infinite: Movement in which any distance can be crossed instantly with absolutely 0 travel time, akin to pseudo teleportation via pure speed alone. On the scale, this basically means speed whose value is infinitely faster than light. Unlike immeasurable speed, characters with infinite speed are still confined to space and time even though everything they do happens in a literal instant.

- Immeasurable: Movement with complete disregard for linear time, ignoring one of the fundamental principles of conventional speed since even infinite speed still operates on travel time over a distance, just that the value of time is 0. This level applies to characters whose very nature allows them to move beyond and above the bounds of space and time. Whereas infinite speed creates the illusion of psuedo spatial omnipresence, immeasurable effectively creates the illusion of pseudo spatial and temporal omnipresence. Characters who are explicitly stated and shown to exist on a higher reality/plane above space and time qualify.

- Irrelevant: Movement in which all concepts of space and time whether conventional or transcendental are rendered null on this level. This is usually reserved to the highest level cosmic beings whose existence is above and beyond all cosmological concepts and laws such as motion, dimensions, realities, universes, multiverses, etc. This transcends all levels of infinity, even going beyond limits that characters with immeasurable speed are bound to as they are above the necessity of speed. In other words, reserved to omniverse level characters.

- Omnipresent: Not really a level of speed so much as a state of existence. They are effectively similar to being infinite or immeasurable since they occupy all parts of a given space or/and time. Further clarifications should always be made nonetheless such as being omnipresent across only space, time or both at once as well as scale of omnipresence such as planetary, galactic, universal, multiversal, etc.

For example, Fei Fong Wong from Xenogears speed is listed as "immeasurable" within the perfect works encyclopedia of Xenogears. He has feats of existing and fighting outside space time. He's above infinite speed. These terms do exist in fictions.

#38 Posted by ALMIGHTY (3402 posts) - - Show Bio

Irrelevant

#39 Posted by WhatamIseeing (1755 posts) - - Show Bio

Irrelevant would be beyond the concept of speed and time

Infinite can get to point a to point b in 0

immeasurable we dont have the technology to measure said speed slower than infinite

#40 Posted by Godren (3817 posts) - - Show Bio

Irrelevant

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd84442422ba
#41 Posted by deactivated-5cd84442422ba (32 posts) - - Show Bio

Irrelevant speed it the max you can get

#42 Posted by Galactic_1000 (5851 posts) - - Show Bio

infinite speed is the fastest

#43 Posted by Jacthripper (15017 posts) - - Show Bio

Who cares?

#44 Posted by theottoman709 (154 posts) - - Show Bio

4th- Infinite: When you cover infinite distance in finite time. Example- GOW: Chains of Olympus, The Light of Helios shined the entire Underworld which is stated over several times to be eternal and infinite in size. Kratos casually reacts to and dodges Helios’ light beams.

3rd- Inaccessible: When time is completely stopped or time is at zero and a character is moving. Self explanatory, ability to move in a timeless void.

2nd- Immeasurable: When you move through time with speed alone. Or you scale to characters on this level. Example: Thor, The Silver Surfer, The Flash (You could argue him being irrelevant frankly), Superman, The Hulk, Wonder Woman, Gladiator, Martian Manhunter, etc.

1st- Irrelevant: When you are above speed itself. Applies to baseline outerversal characters/Platonic concepts, who are above ALL spatial and temporal dimensions. Example: Yggdrasil from God of War 4, The Sphere of the Gods pantheons, those that transcend them, The One Above All, Oblivion, The Presence, Lucifer. Or Thor outspeeding thought itself. Or Wonder Woman being faster than thought.

#45 Posted by MindingMuffin (350 posts) - - Show Bio

irrelevant>immeasurable>inaccessible>infinite.

#46 Posted by BleachHub (277 posts) - - Show Bio

irrelevant>immeasurable>inaccessible>infinite.

This.

#47 Posted by BleachHub (277 posts) - - Show Bio
#48 Posted by MethoKi (12588 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for deactivated-5d5789e65ebaa
#49 Posted by deactivated-5d5789e65ebaa (2099 posts) - - Show Bio

Irrelevant

#50 Posted by Mooty_Pass (10479 posts) - - Show Bio

Speed is Speed. Why would they change SPEED!!