Indominus Rex vs T-Rex and Spinosaurus

• 77 results
WorldEater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Can the I-Rex beat both of them at the same time?

The fight takes place in a jungle.

No prep. Win via Death.

Morals: obvious.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 13

Hell no. IR wouldn't even beat 2 T-Rex's. Adding Spino is overkill.

WarlordEternal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#3  Edited By WarlordEternal

Maybe. Probably not though.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Doubtful that the I-Rex would win

Hiddenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Hiddenlight

*I-Rex turns himself invisible*

*Drops the Spinosaur with a stealth takedown*

*Proceeds to do the same with the T-Rex*

Also, he could easily outmuscle and outbrain them so nevermind. Better weapons and intelligence, hell, after a bazooka shot hitting him he still managed to kill the Raptor Pack and was only briefly dropped by the T-Rex. The PIS Mosassaur saved them because he was already ready to fight again.

Avatar image for kaijukinggojira
KaijuKingGojira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By KaijuKingGojira

Team stomps.

Avatar image for comicsrulebutdbzdoes2
ComicsrulebutDBZdoes2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hiddenlight: mosassaur? Wth were you watching? He got eaten by a megladon

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Team

WarlordEternal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

strangetales

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gotta go with the team this time. it could be a good one id I-rex uses stealth and her intellect

Thanofleeze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hiddenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

generator2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Indominus Rex takes both

Incursion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I-rex had a tough enough time beating 1t rex team wins.

DragonValkyrie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

team wins IMO

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

irex

TheSpiderSilva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By TheSpiderSilva

A real Spino would be pretty useless in this fight unless it took place in water, so I'm assuming we're using Jurassic Park 3's depiction of one.

Anyway, I-Rex could barely handle herself against an extremely old T-Rex. No way it beats this team.

Also, the I-Rex's camouflage would be totally useless against an animal with a sense of smell as powerful as a T-Rex's. They could pinpoint animals from miles away.

Homer_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team FTW

Pierpat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

*I-Rex turns himself invisible*

*Drops the Spinosaur with a stealth takedown*

*Proceeds to do the same with the T-Rex*

Also, he could easily outmuscle and outbrain them so nevermind. Better weapons and intelligence, hell, after a bazooka shot hitting him he still managed to kill the Raptor Pack and was only briefly dropped by the T-Rex. The PIS Mosassaur saved them because he was already ready to fight again.

How in hell does the I-rex take down a spinosaur, that Jurassic park proved being >>>a T-rex, with a stealth takedown?

TheSpiderSilva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By TheSpiderSilva

@pierpat: Spinosaurus was getting owned by a sub-adult T-Rex before the film makers decided it was physically possible for the Spino to snap the Rex's neck, so a fully grown I-Rex should be more than a match for it.

Pierpat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pierpat: Spinosaurus was getting owned by a sub-adult T-Rex before the film makers decided it was physically possible for the Spino to snap the Rex's neck, so a fully grown I-Rex should be more than a match for it.

wait...when did the bolded part happen on-screen?
The spino got bitten once, shrugged it off then killed the t-rex.

The i-rex got neck-grabbed by the t-rex just like the spino, lol, that does not prove the spino "was getting owned", the t-rex landed one bite, it did nothing, and it got killed.

TheSpiderSilva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By TheSpiderSilva

@pierpat: Spino actually got bitten twice, but technically that one bite to the neck should have killed it. T-Rex's bite force was up to 57,000 newtons, and they had enormous serrated teeth. The spino also got head butted by the T-Rex, which knocked it down and should have injured it pretty significantly. Spinosaurus won the fight due to bad writing, and it was all against a sub-adult T-Rex.

The I-Rex also should have died from that bite. Getting slammed on its back and shoved through an electric fence should have just been overkill.

Oracion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pierpat: That first bite from the Rex should have ended the fight then and there, but script writers and their PIS.

Pierpat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pierpat: Spino actually got bitten twice, but technically that one bite to the neck should have killed it. T-Rex's bite force was up to 57,000 newtons, and they had enormous serrated teeth. The spino also got head butted by the T-Rex, which knocked it down and should have injured it pretty significantly. Spinosaurus won the fight due to bad writing, and it was all against a sub-adult T-Rex.

The I-Rex also should have died from that bite. Getting slammed on its back and shoved through an electric fence should have just been overkill.

@oracion said:

@pierpat: That first bite from the Rex should have ended the fight then and there, but script writers and their PIS.

We're going by movie feats, not paleotological reconstructions of the T-rex's strenghts.

by feats the spino is superior, and the I-rex is uncapable of taking him down casually.

TheSpiderSilva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pierpat: Movie feats show that a Spinosaurus is capable of killing a sub-adult Tyrannosaurus, and even then the Spino still got its neck bitten, got a chunk taken out of its side, and got knocked over like a bowling pin. A fully grown Tyrannosaurus would have certainly killed the Spinosaurus.

Avatar image for super_sayian_beyonder
Super_Sayian_Beyonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Spino solo's.

Pierpat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Pierpat

@thespidersilva said:

@pierpat: Movie feats show that a Spinosaurus is capable of killing a sub-adult Tyrannosaurus, and even then the Spino still got its neck bitten, got a chunk taken out of its side, and got knocked over like a bowling pin. A fully grown Tyrannosaurus would have certainly killed the Spinosaurus.

After that fight, that is pretty early during the film, the spinosaurus shows no discomfort, and keeps hunting the men all around the park.

And the part of the "chunk out of his side" seems invented to me, the spino had no wounds on his side after the fight and the t-rex was never shown to have ripped pieces of his flesh.

I don't see how you see he had problems, and how you can safely assure a grown t-rex would have won.

Also, that T-rex does not seem much smaller than an adutl one.

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheSpiderSilva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By TheSpiderSilva

@pierpat: That is also a product of bad writing.

The spino got its neck bitten, a chunk taken out of its side, and got knocked to the ground. Fully grown T-Rex's are much more powerful than sub-adults, yet the Spino was still getting overpowered before PIS took over.

The T-Rex in Jurassic Park 3 was 10 feet tall at the hips and 37 feet long. The T-Rex in the first movie (and Jurassic World) was 16-17 feet tall and 43 feet long, which is a pretty significant difference.

Pierpat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pierpat: That is also a product of bad writing.

The spino got its neck bitten, a chunk taken out of its side, and got knocked to the ground. Fully grown T-Rex's are much more powerful than sub-adults, yet the Spino was still getting overpowered before PIS took over.

The T-Rex in Jurassic Park 3 was 10 feet tall at the hips and 37 feet long. The T-Rex in the first movie (and Jurassic World) was 16-17 feet tall and 43 feet long, which is a pretty significant difference.

There was no chunk taken out of the side and no evidence of damage caused by the neck bite.
The spino basically one-shotted and continued a long chase with no signs of discomfort.

To me there are not the basics to say a fully grown t-rex would win against a spino.

TheSpiderSilva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pierpat: Spino did get bitten in the side during the fight, if there's no mark from it then that's a production error.

As I said before, fully grown T-Rex's are much more powerful and larger than sub-adults and even the sub-adult was able to get a hold of the Spino's neck and drag it to the ground, then easily knock it over with a head butt. If a fully grown T-Rex were to bite the Spino's neck, it would crush the vertebra instantly.

Pierpat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pierpat: Spino did get bitten in the side during the fight, if there's no mark from it then that's a production error.

As I said before, fully grown T-Rex's are much more powerful and larger than sub-adults and even the sub-adult was able to get a hold of the Spino's neck and drag it to the ground, then easily knock it over with a head butt. If a fully grown T-Rex were to bite the Spino's neck, it would crush the vertebra instantly.

We're going in circles here.

Given that, even if you say it's a production error, the spino technically tanked all of the t-rex's hit without showcasing damage or pain, i think we cannot say how much more power you'd need to actively damage it, thus we cannot say that a fully grown t-rex would win.

lettsplay10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

team

TheSpiderSilva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By TheSpiderSilva

@pierpat: Considering the fact that the young T-Rex was able to overpower the Spino for a good bit of the fight, I'd say it's pretty likely that a fully matured and therefore larger and stronger T-Rex would have been able to do the same, only to a higher degree.

Avatar image for harbingerofmomz
Harbingerofmomz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thespidersilva: but he didn't over power the spino, the Rex bit the spino's neck, but then quickly got shaken off, then the spino bit it's neck and the Rex couldn't break free, so the spino actually overpowered the Rex. Which led to its neck being snapped.

ShiZZmAhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team.

TheSpiderSilva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@harbingerofmomz: The Rex dragged the Spino to the ground, then let go, bit the Spino on the side, then knocked it back down with a head butt. The fact that a sub-adult Rex was able to do this suggests that a fully grown Rex would be able to do even better.

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#38  Edited By sirfizzwhizz

I love people on this site state BS "old Rex gave InRex a fight." No it did not.

I Rex was non stop Dino killing spree including taking blows to the head from a anklysaur, attack twice by heavy weapons, anti tank missile blast, and non stop running for over a day all over the park. Then it fought both Raptors and TRex at the same time in the poor condition and still was not being put down.

People stating like it was fresh for battle against a single old TRex are just trolling I think, or never saw the movie.

Anyway I Rex have trouble but fresh for a fight wins. Hell it's stronger than either my a large amount considering its strength feat of plowing through the original JP building. Something T Rex could never do or Spino could manage.

Hiddenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love people on this site state BS "old Rex gave InRex a fight." No it did not.

I Rex was non stop Dino killing spree including taking blows to the head from a anklysaur, attack twice by heavy weapons, anti tank missile blast, and non stop running for over a day all over the park. Then it fought both Raptors and TRex at the same time in the poor condition and still was not being put down.

People stating like it was fresh for battle against a single old TRex are just trolling I think, or never saw the movie.

Anyway I Rex have trouble but fresh for a fight wins. Hell it's stronger than either my a large amount considering its strength feat of plowing through the original JP building. Something T Rex could never do or Spino could manage.

This.

Harbingerofmomz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Harbingerofmomz

@thespidersilva: he didn't let go, the spino shook him off, and when the Rex had the spino's neck in his mouth he was basically following where the spino moved, and wasn't pulling the spino around, then after spino breaks free the rex takes a run at the spino and the spino just stands him up, the Rex tries bumping him again and gets stood up again, so the Rex backs up and runs full speed trying to knock him down, and the spino side steps him but the Rex hits the spino's leg, which makes the spino stumble in the direction he was going, but he caught himself on his hands, and the Rex stumbles forward, which left his neck wide open, the spino bites and immediately snaps the young Rex's neck. The only time the Rex shows any amount of power rivalling the spino is when he first bites and pushes the spino to the ground, but the spino immediately pushes himself back up and starts walking around knocking down trees, with the Rex hanging off him. The spino showed a lot more power in my opinion, you just watch the clip of it on YouTube and you'll see what I'm talking about.

TheSpiderSilva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sirfizzwhizz: That T-Rex was 10+ years older than T-Rex's were thought to have lived in the wild. That is a BIG factor in the fight, and it was still able to hold its own. You can say the I-Rex was hindered from all the killing it did that day, but then you'd also have to acknowledge the T-Rex's age. That was a T-Rex that would have been to old to hunt for food, and by extension was FAR too old to be fighting other large theropods. Despite that though, it was still able to get some good shots on the Indominus. The T-Rex even grabbed it by the neck and picked it up and tossed it on its back.

Sure, a fresh Indominus probably would have had an easier time with that T-Rex considering its age, but you can't really say that it would have been able to do exceptionally well against a T-Rex that was in its prime.

If you want to talk strength, I would doubt the I-Rex being stronger than the T-Rex. T-Rex's were very thickly muscled and incredibly strong even in comparison to theropods of similar size. The Rexes in TLW were sending cars flying with headbutts and one of them effortlessly caved in the side of a bus with a headbutt. T-Rex would definitely have the stronger bite as well.

TheSpiderSilva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By TheSpiderSilva

@harbingerofmomz: Looked more like the T-Rex let go to me. Sure the Spinosaurus was shaking its head, but that wouldn't really sufficiently loosen a T-Rex's grip, and if anything would just cause the Rex's teeth to dig in deeper thus causing more damage.

The young T-Rex being able to initially overpower it, grab it by the neck, and knock it down suggest to me that a fully matured Rex would have been able to do the same.

Harbingerofmomz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thespidersilva: I do not understand why the Rex would let go, his most deadly weapon is his tremendous bite force, and he knows that his mouth is used to kill things, he had the spino right where he wanted him, so he just lets him go? In the video you see the spino lift his head up quickly which causes the Rex to let go, I think the spino shook him off, it looks quite clear in the video in my opinion.

The strength between adult and sub adult in Jurassic park seems to be quite a lot, the Rex in jp3 must have been very young because it showed very little strength comparing them to the adults in the lost world, who were throwing vehicles around with ease, also Rexy from Jurassic world took an insane amount of punishment from Indominus, a lot more than the the one from jp3, I have little doubt an adult Rex would be a great match for spino and I would give the edge to the Rex due to sheer power, but the spino got buzzed by a plane and shot multiple times before his fight with the young Rex, so even he might not have been at 100%, and he still over powered the young Rex and showed very little damage from the Rex, despite having it clamped on his neck for a majority of the fight.

As for this fight if a Rex and a raptor can give Indominus a good fight, then I'm sure replacing blue with spino would give the team an even better chance, giving them the advantage of numbers, size, and power. Assuming they don't kill each other first, lol.

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

no one is soloing.............except irex

Umut0Kaan0Onen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Umut0Kaan0Onen

The trex in jurassic world was geneticly altered and wasn't prehistoric.

Irex=big limbs, big mouth, inteligence. Trex= eye sight smell bacteria teeth (poison) experiance

Xp/intel, poison/big m, smell/invisibility, more proper head-/-big limbs

No need for spinosaur. Prehistoric Trex=Irex Well poison makes difference even if trex dies, Irex would weaken and die. Nature makes perfect. Probably prehistoric trex was more powerful than jurassic world one.

SnakeEyes4597

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Indominus puts up a good fight, but I think she'll eventually be overwhelmed. Neither of the team is soloing.

hirev_starman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Once Blue jumped into the fight the I-Rex seemed helpless. If the combination of a Velociraptor and T-Rex is enough to keep it on its toes and overwhelm it then the two of the biggest Therepods in the series will definitely take it down. Team win

SnakeEyes4597

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The OP never specified. Is this prime Rexy? Old Rexy? Or the Tyrannosaurus from Jurassic Park 3? I was thinking prime Rexy with my last comment, but if it's either of the others then I may have to back Indominus instead.

comic_fan123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team may have a shot

hyperion234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers