that gigantosaurus is far too big for indominus to take down

Avatar image for ironspiderchan45
Ironspiderchan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@kyrees: I dunno the Indominus Rex is pretty powerful and the Indominus Rex is fast I think it could win because of speed and also the jaw power of a T-Rex+ Raptors+ whatever other Dino DNA is in it

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By kyrees

@ironspiderchan45 said:

I dunno the Indominus Rex is pretty powerful and the Indominus Rex is fast I think it could win because of speed and also the jaw power of a T-Rex+ Raptors+ whatever other Dino DNA is in it

that giganotosaurus lifted cyclops the t-rex easily with his jaw. i-rex can't do that.

i-rex isn't even that fast.

Avatar image for ironspiderchan45
Ironspiderchan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kyrees: Well then you win this time

itzxsloth345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Giganto for sure

Avatar image for saint_of_origin
Saint_of_Origin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Indominus has this by a slight majority. Gigantosaurus definitely looks to be an "all brawn no brains" type dino, and I-Rex's many advantages (Camo, intelligence, speed from Raptor DNA, etc.) can pull this off. Plus Indominus has pretty durable armor-like plating on top (Possible Ankylosaur DNA?) from what I've seen and those claws are deadly.

Indominus 6 or 7 out of 10.

terry2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By terry2012

@kyrees said:

ScotticusRex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ScotticusRex

So, giganotosaurus was one of the largest theropods ever, measuring in at about 45 feet in length. Even though it's bigger than t-rex, it has somewhat weaker jaws, plus low intelligence (compared to indominus), and wouldn't realistically have any kind of hunting senses that would allow it to get past indominus' camouflage and temperature regulation. If we're talking about giganotosaurus as a real animal vs indominus, indominus would almost definitely stomp. It has a slight size advantage of about five feet, vastly greater intelligence, stealth, and much more formidable claws. If giganotosaurus got the Jurassic Park treatment like the raptors did, it could come out as something far more dangerous than it would have naturally been. In that case, it might stand a chance.

EDIT: I thought initially that the video in the OP was just an image. My bad. If we're going with whatever the thing in that game that's trying to pass itself off as a giganotosaurus vs indominus, then giganotosaurus would probably win.

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kyrees said:

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By kyrees

@saint_of_origin said:

I think Indominus has this by a slight majority. Gigantosaurus definitely looks to be an "all brawn no brains" type dino, and I-Rex's many advantages (Camo, intelligence, speed from Raptor DNA, etc.) can pull this off. Plus Indominus has pretty durable armor-like plating on top (Possible Ankylosaur DNA?) from what I've seen and those claws are deadly.

Indominus 6 or 7 out of 10.

that "brawns" easily knocked out a fully grown t-rex and threw the same t-rex easily. that "brawns" uses his head as a paddle or a battering ram. that "brawns" demolished a missile silo. that "brawns" had to be killed by a satelitte laser because nothing in the dino crisis 2 arsenal hasn't significantly injured it. this "brawns" took numerous ignited gas blasts to the face, only to stand up a few moments afterwards. heck, the same t-rex this "brawns" killed took an RPG to the eye and merely lost his eye to it.

i-rex hasn't shown his raptor like speed, his intelligence is equal to a raptor and was promptly bitten down by a mosasaur. he doesn't have any armor plating what so ever.

Saint_of_Origin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kyrees said:

that "brawns" easily knocked out a fully grown t-rex and threw the same t-rex easily. that "brawns" uses his head as a paddle or a battering ram. that "brawns" demolished a missile silo. that "brawns" had to be killed by a satelitte laser because nothing in the dino crisis 2 arsenal hasn't significantly injured it. this "brawns" took numerous ignited gas blast to the face, only to stand up a few moments afterwards. heck, the same t-rex this "brawns" killed took an RPG to the eye and merely lost his eye to it.

i-rex hasn't shown his raptor like speed, his intelligence is equal to a raptor and was promptly bitten down by a mosasaur. he doesn't have any armor plating what so ever.

Because that same T-Rex let itself get caught. As Indominus is as smart (if not smarter than) Raptors who have shown intelligence to attack by jumping on larger animals on their back to avoid said capture, then I-Rex can do the same. It bled from T-Rex biting it's leg. That means it can be injured by a bite. I'm pretty sure it was stated that Indominus has armor plating. I'll have to find it. Also I'm pretty sure Indominus is smarter than Raptors. It remembered something from when it was an adolescent (Tracking implant), knew that hiding and getting them to search for it was a way to escape, knew that if it set the Pterodons free, they would bring down the helicopter, etc. You're acting like Indominus would act exactly like the brainless T-Rex shown in that animation. Camoflauge hit and runs until it's bled out. Indominus isn't going to be stupid and try to outmuscle it like T-Rex.

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By kyrees

@saint_of_origin said:

Because that same T-Rex let itself get caught. As Indominus is as smart (if not smarter than) Raptors who have shown intelligence to attack by jumping on larger animals on their back to avoid said capture, then I-Rex can do the same. It bled from T-Rex biting it's leg. That means it can be injured by a bite. I'm pretty sure it was stated that Indominus has armor plating. I'll have to find it. Also I'm pretty sure Indominus is smarter than Raptors. It remembered something from when it was an adolescent (Tracking implant), knew that hiding and getting them to search for it was a way to escape, knew that if it set the Pterodons free, they would bring down the helicopter, etc. You're acting like Indominus would act exactly like the brainless T-Rex shown in that animation. Camoflauge hit and runs until it's bled out. Indominus isn't going to be stupid and try to outmuscle it like T-Rex.

the i-rex hasn't shown the capability to jump higher than his height. if that was the case, it could have easily jump over the fence of the cage he was put in.

the giganoto bled from every attack to it by the t-rex and the two main characters of the game who had RPGs at their disposal and it still bulldozed through everything.

it's baseline intelligence is similar to a raptor and it hasn't shown anything beyond that because raptors in the movie series are intelligent enough to remember a lot of stuff, they are also intelligent enough to setup an ambush and they are also intelligent enough to open doors on their own. its intelligence is never boosted by the other four theropod dna added to it not that it matters because the only other theropod in that list that has shown intelligence on-screen is the t-rex.

it doesn't have the ankylosaur's armor because it sustained bite and claw wounds during the fight against the three raptors and rexxy and was promptly bitten down by a mosasaur. the same anklyosaur armor hasn't been bitten through by the i-rex and they haven't added an ankylosaur dna to it. the only camouflage it has shown is to change its body temperature. it has never shown the same camouflage feature of the carnotaurus it came from not that it mattered given that the carnotaurus in the books and the movies are different that the latter hasn't even appeared.

the i-rex going to the pterosaur paddock was purely coincidental because it can only sense mass amounts of thermal signatures. the aviary was nearer to it than the main attractions. i would give you that it startled the pterosaurs to shoo the helicopter but that's the same intelligence a raptor can do at this point.

you are acting like the indominus can do all those things when all it has shown in the screen are what i described accordingly. do you want me to assumne more of this giganoto then because he can endure anti-matter weapons as well and was practically invulnerable throughout the game.

Saint_of_Origin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kyrees said:

the i-rex hasn't shown the capability to jump higher than his height. if that was the case, it could have easily jump over the fence of the cage he was put in.

The cage was taller than it by a large margin, plus it's claws would have a harder time digging into concrete than Giganto's skin.

the giganoto bled from every attack to it by the t-rex and the two main characters of the game who had RPGs at their disposal and it still bulldozed through everything.

That's not a lot of blood loss compared to what Indominus can do.

it's baseline intelligence is similar to a raptor and it hasn't shown anything beyond that because raptors in the movie series are intelligent enough to remember a lot of stuff, they are also intelligent enough to setup an ambush and they are also intelligent enough to open doors on their own. its intelligence is never boosted by the other four theropod dna added to it not that it matters because the only other theropod in that list that has shown intelligence on-screen is the t-rex.

What? Indominus remembering the exact location of the tracking implant placed as an adolescent and knowing to claw it out isn't above Raptor intelligence? Provide me one instance where Raptors have shown this kind of memory. Trap setting is impressive, but formulating an escape plan is even moreso. Come on, don't downplay like that. Show feats that have Raptors at this kind of plan formulation or information retention stage.

it doesn't have the ankylosaur's armor because it sustained bite and claw wounds during the fight against the three raptors and rexxy and was promptly bitten down by a mosasaur. the same anklyosaur armor hasn't been bitten through by the i-rex and they haven't added an ankylosaur dna to it. the only camouflage it has shown is to change its body temperature. it has never shown the same camouflage feature of the carnotaurus it came from not that it mattered given that the carnotaurus in the books and the movies are different that the latter hasn't even appeared.

I didn't say it had Ankylosaur's armor. I said it could have possible Ankylosaur DNA because I believed it was stated to have armor plating of some sort. I was wrong about Ankylosaur DNA but it does say it has ultra-tough osteoderms on it's body from Rugops DNA. This would increase durability by a good margin when compared with unplated skin. Also we don't know everything that was included in I-Rex's genetic makeup. That has never been revealed. We just know what we were told. Which so far is:

Various Abelisaurs (That include Gigantosaurus itself)

Tyrannosaur

Raptor

Cuttlefish

Unknown Tree Frog

Pit Viper

They never said that this was the extent of I-Rex's genetic code. Ever.

the i-rex going to the pterosaur paddock was purely coincidental because it can only sense mass amounts of thermal signatures. the aviary was nearer to it than the main attractions. i would give you that it startled the pterosaurs to shoo the helicopter but that's the same intelligence a raptor can do at this point.

That's not Raptor intelligence. Raptors are smart but not smart enough to use (Possibly command in a sense) other dinosaurs to accentuate their own agenda. Again, give me an instance where Raptors have done this.

you are acting like the indominus can do all those things when all it has shown in the screen are what i described accordingly. do you want me to assumne more of this giganoto then because he can endure anti-matter weapons as well and was practically invulnerable throughout the game.

Game mechanics are not viable when they contradict cutscene canon. Gigantosaurus was made to bleed by a T-Rex, therefor Indominus can also make it bleed. Any living creature that can bleed has a set amount of blood, and can bleed out. Indominus using hit and run with it's camo is not something beyond the scope of it's shown abilities. It's massively intelligent and was never shown to try to muscle it's way through an opponent that much larger than itself. You're taking game mechanics to the extreme to say Gigantosaurus was invincible. There's a huge difference between the argument I'm making and the argument you're making. This is a brains vs brawn battle, and with I-Rex's superior speed (T-Rex speed at minimum, 35 MPH), intelligence (Beyond Raptor until you prove otherwise as I've already given reasons why it's beyond Raptor), and capability of causing some sort of injury to Giganto, means that brains win since brawn in this case is capable of being injured by said brains. Again give me a reason why Indominus wouldn't try a hit and run strategy using its camo. It already knows what it can do with it, and has used it in complex plans before. So come on, feel free.

Ozomax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Ozomax

A fully grown Indominus rex can reach a length of upto 50 ft, while a Giganotosaurus is around 40 ft in length. I think a fully grown or a young Indominus could take on Giganotosaurus pretty easily...!!!

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 13

Giganto was a real dino. You could've used the actual wiki page.

Redzkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eyedcyou said:

Why? I wanted to use this version of dino and not others.

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By kyrees

except raptors can jump significantly higher than their height. the lost world movie showed a raptor jumping approximately twice its height. you can also see how high the i-rex enclosure is during the two scenes of the i-rex observation deck and it's not even that high.

what bloodloss can an i-rex bite and claws do when the gigantosaurus has been bitten by a t-rex, blasted by numerous gas pumps and the players literally pumping a lot of lead into it ? if rexy was at least strong enough to deal damage and fight long enough for blue to reach and help him, then why should a significantly different and larger giganotosaurs shown in dino crisis 2 be in any trouble to i-rex ?

knowing its tracker location is nothing higher than what the basic movie raptor can do. blue acknowledge owen when he removed the camera head piece attached to its head. delta remembered hoskins to hunt him down personally because it was said by owen's assistant that delta remembers its prey that it wants to kill. if blue can remember owen ,whom trained her and her sisters, and the camera head piece attached to her head and delta to hoskins, the i-rex is more likely to remember the tracker embedded on to her

rugops only bore scales but nothing that is equal to an ankylosaur. there is no line in the movie that says that accumulative dna mixing increases the toughness of i-rex. there were four other theropods listed as a combination to the i-rex and its listed on the jurassic world website.

http://www.jurassicworld.com/dinosaurs/indominus-rex/

heck, it doesn't even mention pit viper ,which you conveniently added, both in the website and the movie.

raptors are incredibly intelligent in the jurassic world movie series to a point that they are not allowed out under any circumstances. the movies and the books highly point that. heck, the book pretty much says raptors know what a sound of an opening gate is and they literally test their cages for any weaknesses and the moment that fence wasn't electrified, they broke through accordingly. that mirrors the same events in the first movie where they instantly knew the fence wasn't electrified anymore. anything higher than that is merely postulating on unaccounted data because there is really nothing beyond that. all the things i-rex has done is practically the same with the raptors in the movie series.

a whole lot of what i said about that giganoto is found outside game mechanics.

Loading Video...
Loading Video...

the only thing that i added is pumping it with lead and RPG but given the missile silo scene on the first video, the whole pumping lead into it had no effect. you on the other hand are assuming things that the i-rex has never done. he has never used his "camo" in a fight. he has never used his "jump ability" in a fight. his only intelligence is similar to a raptor, which is a big complement to it. he has never used intelligence to a point of the abilities you are assuming it has. you are talking about a non existent strategy being used on a significantly tougher and bigger dinosaur. you might as well argue that i-rex can defeat zilla with that kind of strategy

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@redzkz said:
@eyedcyou said:

Why? I wanted to use this version of dino and not others.

this version is bigger and significantly tougher. the normal version would just be an equal to a bit smaller t-rex

lettsplay10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@kyrees said:

Saint_of_Origin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kyrees said:

except raptors can jump significantly higher than their height. the lost world movie showed a raptor jumping approximately twice its height. you can also see how high the i-rex enclosure is during the two scenes of the i-rex observation deck and it's not even that high.

I can concede that I-Rex doesn't have Raptor jumping skill. But that wasn't my main point to begin with. My main point was that Raptors showed tactics when fighting opponents they could tell outclassed them. Indominus would also realize the sheer size difference and try a different approach as well.

what bloodloss can an i-rex bite do when the gigantosaurus has been bitten by a t-rex, blasted by numerous gas pumps and the players literally pumping a lot of lead into it ?

The claws of the I-Rex should supplement the difference in bite strength between I-Rex and T-Rex, so an I-Rex could cause the same amount (if not more from constant slashing) of blood loss to it. Not to mention I-Rex was shot to all Hell and back as well, and didn't show any signs of damage. A point blank rocket explosion merely knocked it over and caused it to retreat. It didn't limp, bleed, or anything else. So your durability feats for Gigantosaurus are not impressive when compared to I-Rex's similar feats.

knowing its tracker location is nothing higher than what the basic movie raptor can do. blue acknowledge owen when he removed the camera head piece attached to its head. if blue can remember owen ,whom trained him and his brothers, and the camera head piece attached to his head, the i-rex is more likely to remember the tracker embedded on to him

What? How is remembering the animal you imprinted on as an infant the same as memorizing a placed beacon as an adolescent? Modern birds can recognize imprinted figures. And the camera feat is short term memory. The feat from I-Rex about remembering the tracking beacon's location is long term memory. Much more impressive when talking about brain activity. Long term synapse connections in the brain are more susceptible to degradation. Not only that, it also figured out the beacon was detrimental to it and removed it.

rugops only bore scales but nothing that is equal to an ankylosaur. there is no line in the movie that says that accumulative dna mixing increases the toughness of i-rex. there were four other theropods listed as a combination to the i-rex and its listed on the jurassic world website.

I never said it was equal to an Ankylosaur, seriously stop putting words in my mouth with this. Osteoderms are far more durable than skin and I-Rex's back and skull were lined with the things. That would stand to reason that I-Rex has higher than average durability in places these osteoderms are present. Saying otherwise is just ridiculous.

http://www.jurassicworld.com/dinosaurs/indominus-rex/

heck, it doesn't even mention pit viper ,which you conveniently added, both in the website and the movie.

Uhh...it does in the movie. They state that it's where I-Rex gets it's heat signature detecting capabilities. And before you mix it up, it gets it's heat signature hiding capabilities from a species of Tree Frog. Detection comes from the Pit Viper.

raptors are incredibly intelligent in the jurassic world movie series to a point that they are not allowed out under any circumstances. the movies and the books highly point that. anything higher than that is merely postulating on unaccounted data.

I've already proven how Indominus is smarter than Raptors by feats. I never said Raptors were not highly intelligent. It only helps Indominus' credibility here when you mention how intelligent Raptors are. It's not postulating, it's going by shown feats. Something we do here on Comic Vine. Come on now, that's CV basics. I-Rex's shown intelligence feats (Formulating complex escape plans, remembering something from adolescence and determining the significance and detriment of said object and removing it, using other dinosaurs to advance it's own agenda) surpass what we've seen of Raptors (Communication, which I-Rex can do. Door opening. Impressive for an animal, but not compared to I-Rex. And setting a simple trap in JP3, which again is impressive but not compared to I-Rex's escape plan). So therefor I-Rex is shown to be superior in intelligence to Raptors by feats.

a whole lot of what i said about that giganoto is found outside game mechanics.

Loading Video...
Loading Video...

the only thing that i added is pumping it with lead and RPG but given the missile silo scene on the first video, the whole pumping lead into it had no effect. you on the other hand are assuming things that the i-rex has never done. he has never used his "camo" in a fight. he has never used his "jump ability" in a fight. his only intelligence is similar to a raptor, which is a big complement to it. he has never used intelligence to a point of the abilities you are assuming it has. you are talking about a non existent strategy being used on a significantly tougher dinosaur. you might as well argue that i-rex can defeat zilla with that kind of strategy

You're just making me start to think you haven't watched the movie. I-Rex used camo in it's escape plan, and against the Asset Control Unit. It knew that they were after it, and it used it's camo to stage a surprise attack. I already said the "jumping" wasn't my main point in this post so I shouldn't have to go over it. I've also already proven that it's intelligence is superior to a raptor when analyzing shown feats. It has used it's intelligence to the point that I'm saying. And that depends on which Zilla. In a lot of fights against physically superior opponents without the opponent having added powers, I-Rex would win because of the fact that it can strategize. Your whole argument is based on the fact that you think I-Rex can't strategize when in the movie it formulated and executed an escape plan near flawlessly, and launched a surprise attack on a team of highly trained trackers after removing their way to track it. I-Rex has shown to be strategically oriented and to say otherwise is just ridiculous.

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By kyrees

except he hasn't shown it and to assume anything beyond that is to assume a human with sharp claws would conveniently put go behind a giant bear's back when he has no jumping power to do so.

the wounds the i-rex gave to brontosaurus doesn't indicate whether or not he used claws to it. heck, the rexxy fight showed i-rex using his mouth most of the time. again assuming beyond the parameters of that fight is simply me going to assume that this giganotosaurus would use his head as swinging mace against a charging i-rex and his more than likely to get knocked out by that one. the fire explosion is a negligible feat given that it's heat and shock damage, not claw and teeth and blunt force trauma damage. and if you actually seen the OP video, it took 4 to 5 ignited gas pumps to knock him down accordingly. said giganoto survived said missile silo explosion and was seen in the last video posted

the fact that all 4 raptors chose to follow i-rex in the jungle shows signs dominancy roles amongst raptors but willing to choose their imprintee, owen, or a target like hoskins shows memory skills of sort. a tag put somewhere on his body is something it can easily deduce on his own, like how the raptors of the first movie knew how to open a door or knew when the fence's electricity was cut off. and what's to say all 4 raptors receive their training in adulthood and the tracer put in there just lately ?

you are still indicating that accumulative dna mixing has shown skin toughness when there is no line in the movie that say so stop saying that.

it's the tree frog dna that allows the thermal detection not the pit viper.

no, you haven't proven anything. all you are saying is that it knew its tag was going to hinder it and it was intelligent enough to remove it and was intelligent enough to escape accordingly now it would magically postulate a fighting strategy with all the assumed abilities you said against a significantly bigger and tougher monsters. we value feats here and what you are doing at this point is assume beyond that. if it was so damn intelligent, then why did it not find owen under the jeep when it practically saw him go for it and briefly smelled it ? it smelled owen and the girl in the old center.

it's camo ability was to change its temperature. it never change his appearance. the i-rex observation deck utilizes temperature scans and given that it can hide on those obviously big trees with big grass, it worked accordingly. in asset control, it hides behind a tree line. it hasn't shown the right amount of strategize to fight against a big dinosaur. heck it lacked strategic development in tackling two dinosaurs, one small and one big.

also on zilla's part, there is no strategy against a kaiju of that magnitude and to say it does means a tiger can bite down a dragon to death.

Avatar image for sightlessreality
SightlessReality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I-Rex but in a close fight.

Saint_of_Origin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Okay you are being incredibly dense and twisting my words so I'm only going to reply once more because it's getting old trying to explain concepts to you that you don't seem to grasp fully. No offense intended to you, but your arguments are just getting ridiculous.

@kyrees said:

except he hasn't shown it and to assume anything beyond that is to assume a human with sharp claws would conveniently put go behind a giant bear's back when he has no jumping power to do so.

I just proved how SHE has shown it. I already stated that the jumping isn't a viable strategy. I'm just saying Raptors have shown the intelligence to not take on a stronger opponent head-on, so why would Indominus (who I've proven is smarter than Raptors)?

the wounds the i-rex gave to brontosaurus doesn't indicate whether or not he used claws to it. heck, the rexxy fight showed i-rex using his mouth most of the time. again assuming beyond the parameters of that fight is simply me going to assume that this giganotosaurus would use his head as swinging mace against a charging i-rex and his more than likely to get knocked out by that one. the fire explosion is a negligible feat given that it's heat and shock damage, not claw and teeth and blunt force trauma damage. and if you actually seen the OP video, it took 4 to 5 ignited gas pumps to knock him down accordingly. said giganoto survived said missile silo explosion and was seen in the last video posted

What? It used it's claws in the fight against the Ankylosaur. Not to mention it tanked a club swing from an Ankylosaur to the face which adds to it's durability. Those tail swings are capable of breaking the leg of a T-Rex, yet Indominus shrugged it off. Also it's claws went through bulletproof glass. That's a pretty impressive feat when you get down to it. And the explosion that I-Rex took had shrapnel in it, like any other RPG explosion. Shrapnel moving at a force that no animal could hope to replicate. RPGs are actually largely intended for the sole purpose of shrapnel damage. And what makes you think I-Rex would charge at a foe that big? Stop downplaying.

the fact that all 4 raptors chose to follow i-rex in the jungle shows signs dominancy roles amongst raptors but willing to choose their imprintee, owen, or a target like hoskins shows memory skills of sort. a tag put somewhere on his body is something it can easily deduce on his own, like how the raptors of the first movie knew how to open a door or knew when the fence's electricity was cut off. and what's to say all 4 raptors receive their training in adulthood and the tracer put in there just lately ?

Having a social hierarchy isn't anything impressive in the animal kingdom. Lions do it, dogs do it, primates do it, etc. And choosing the animal you imprinted on over your pack alpha isn't intelligence. It does show that the brain is capable of empathy on some degree, so there's that. But that's not intelligence, merely brain functionality. And no, do you remember the exact location of every shot you have ever gotten? I bet not. I bet you don't even remember the most recent. And I'm talking about the exact point where the needle was placed. The tracer was stated to be put in during I-Rex's adolescence IIRC. So it wasn't put in recently.

you are still indicating that accumulative dna mixing has shown skin toughness when there is no line in the movie that say so stop saying that.

No. I'm not saying that at all. I'm saying I-Rex's back is covered in osteoderms, which are immensely more durable than skin. That's a fact. I don't know how to make this any simpler for you. If you cover your skin in small rocks, it's going to be more durable than just normal skin.

it's the tree frog dna that allows the thermal detection not the pit viper.

What? Tree frogs can hide their thermal signature. Not detect others. It was directly stated that I-Rex got it's thermal detection capabilities from the Pit Viper. Have you even watched the movie?

no, you haven't proven anything. all you are saying is that it knew its tag was going to hinder it and it was intelligent enough to remove it and was intelligent enough to escape accordingly now it would magically postulate a fighting strategy with all the assumed abilities you said against a significantly bigger and tougher monsters. we value feats here and what you are doing at this point is assume beyond that. if it was so damn intelligent, then why did it not find owen under the jeep when it practically saw him go for it and briefly smelled it ? it smelled owen and the girl in the old center.

I've proven quite a bit. You just refuse to accept it out of ignorance and stubborn pride. I-Rex's feats show a mind capable of formulating strategies. Even in combat situations. So we know that it can strategize. Why would the size of the monster affect it's thinking? You're getting really ridiculous and I'm honestly glad I'm done responding to this post.

it's camo ability was to change its temperature. it never change his appearance. the i-rex observation deck utilizes temperature scans and given that it can hide on those obviously big trees with big grass, it worked accordingly. in asset control, it hides behind a tree line. it hasn't shown the right amount of strategize to fight against a big dinosaur. heck it lacked strategic development in tackling two dinosaurs, one small and one big.

No, it could camouflage itself with the environment. Like a cuttlefish (As stated in the movie). You really must be either blind, purposefly ignorant, or just not capable of paying attention. It camouflaged itself with the trees. What your saying is practically like "Even though the I-Rex can solve 1+1, it can't solve 2+2 because it's a different problem". I-Rex has beyond Raptor (problem solving) intelligence, so why would it not be able to strategize?

also on zilla's part, there is no strategy against a kaiju of that magnitude and to say it does means a tiger can bite down a dragon to death.

Not even going to derail the thread with responding to this pointless debate.

I feel as though I've presented the information in a way that is simple enough for most people to understand and comprehend. If you still cannot, I can't do anything more for you. Let others judge our arguments and decide who they think would win based off of information provided. Good day.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#25  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

Add in a Spinosaurus

No Caption Provided

Redzkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#27  Edited By MasterKungFu

might go either way

Mije_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Add in a Spinosaurus

No Caption Provided

The spinosaurus was a slow, lumbering beast that hid in and near water and ate fish. It'd get stomped by a t-rex, let alone I-rex or Giganto.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

@mije_101: We are talking about Jurassic Park versions here not real versions, otherwise Raptors would be the size of turkeys and have feathers.

Mije_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Mije_101

@jonny_anonymous said:

@mije_101: We are talking about Jurassic Park versions here not real versions, otherwise Raptors would be the size of turkeys and have feathers.

Your favourite dinosaur still gets stomped by both of the ones in this fight, JP versions or otherwise.

So no. Don'tadd a spinosaurus.

Avatar image for super_sayian_beyonder
Super_Sayian_Beyonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mije_101 said:
@jonny_anonymous said:

Your favourite dinosaur still gets stomped by both of the ones in this fight, JP versions or otherwise.

So no. Don'tadd a spinosaurus.

Grow up

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By kyrees

no, i'm not being dense. i'm just in a mood to argue and since your argument pretty much revolves on something that the i-rex hasn't really shown despite his enhancements, i will argue accordingly. his supposed intelligence doesn't even negate the fact that he could have used his arms to hold and break rexxy's neck like that spinosaur did in the third movie, not that it's much of a big difference against this giganoto given his size and damage soak

again the i-rex intelligence is pretty much brute force with clever ambush, not the supposed jumping capability of raptor which you left at this point nor a "climb a big mountain" approach which is quite questionable given that he couldn't even climb his paddock. (she had to trick owen into seeing that she actually climbed her paddock). biting attacks won't certainly work given cyclop's the t-rex's case above. what else is your supposed strategy then for i-rex ? camouflage like a carnotaurus and blend with the surrounding ? he didn't even do that on his last fight, why even use it here ? evade and jump ? he can't even jump. what then ? i'm all ears here since you are the only here saying that i-rex is intelligent to formulate a strategy against a significantly bigger and tougher foe.

the fact that movie raptors remember a particular target or their trainer is impressive enough to say and formulate their own kinds of ambush strategy is impressive that remembering a tag that was inserted into on them on age unknowns is pretty equal to it.

yet the t-rex and raptor and the mosasaur were biting into his skin accordingly.

i have seen the movie twice and there is no line there that says a pit viper dna was added. the only animals stated to be added during the masrani-wu conversation after the i-rex got free were tree frog and cuttlefish. both dna had extra effects than their intended purpose.

if it actually strategized like you think it does, the fight would have been significantly different. instead, it got distracted by a raptor when it couldn't kill rexxy fast enough and it couldn't use its camouflage nor claws accordingly. the movie showed the proof i am arguing on, you just can't accept that.

as i have said earlier, i saw it two times and not once in the movie that its camo ability makes it so damn undetectable when it wasn't on ambush mode. all it did on the asset containment unit was step out of the treeline it was hiding. it hasn't used it on his last fight either.

the pointless debate would be you hinting of a plan that it hasn't shown and argue that plan can take down beings bigger than i-rex and seeing as 8 days has passed and not one has comprehended your argument to argue on anyone, is it safe to say that your simple argument never reach the target audience ?

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

might reconsider......

Frocharocha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gigantosaurus from Dino crsis? Dinossaurs in that game took rockets like they were nothing, and Gigantosaurus from Dino crisis is much bigger than ID. He eats her head off.

Avatar image for maninthemountain
ManInTheMountain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frocharocha: I Rex outsmarts fatty and slices and dices its face off

Redzkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ODIN619360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is an interesting battle, I will go with I-Rex

The T-Rex I Dino Crisis was half blind and arguably weakened due to combat through the game.

Indominus is far bigger than this Trex, faster, more intelligent and incredibly power all around , when the man hid under the larger truck that would easily be over 3tonnes. Indominus cleared it with ease. Indominus also killed every dinosaur in site. This battle will start well but it favours I Rex more.

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I-rex wins. It beat Rexy faster than the Giga did. It's smarter and has more abilities as well. It would be a close fight and Giga could take some rounds though. Also keep in mind the I-rex wasn't even fully grown, and if it was it would win even more convincingly.