Avatar image for immoralimmortal
Posted by immoralimmortal (771 posts) 1 month, 20 days ago

Poll: In Terms Of Striking Power: Is DCEU Aquaman Closer To MCU Cap or MCU Thor? (61 votes)

MCU Thor 39%
MCU Cap 61%

in terms of striking power (on land) is he closer to MCU Cap's level or MCU Thor?

No Caption Provided

#1 Posted by buildhare (8614 posts) - - Show Bio

Infinitely closer to Steve.

Avatar image for imperialbuttlicker
#2 Posted by imperialbuttlicker (231 posts) - - Show Bio

I haven't seen some good striking feats for Thor. Pretty much he relied on weapons. I'd say close to Thor

#3 Posted by Emperorb777 (10975 posts) - - Show Bio

This is the kind of crap I'm talking about, why do people continue to try and place Aquaman anywhere near Cap's tier when Aquaman is very clearly superior to Cap.

#4 Posted by cooljammy18 (2338 posts) - - Show Bio

This is the kind of crap I'm talking about, why do people continue to try and place Aquaman anywhere near Cap's tier when Aquaman is very clearly superior to Cap.

It's just the absurd amount of MCU bias on this board. That or trolling really.

#5 Posted by Strike3 (597 posts) - - Show Bio

Spider-Man/Luke Cage - Thor.

#6 Edited by Red_Ruby_Petal (8032 posts) - - Show Bio

In terms of striking power comparisons, I think he is closer to cap, and that is solely because Thor's striking power is just somewhere else.

#7 Posted by Thatoneguy2958 (152 posts) - - Show Bio

Cap has better striking feats....so aqualad is closer to Clint.

Avatar image for ready_4_madness
#8 Posted by Ready_4_Madness (15376 posts) - - Show Bio

@thatoneguy2958: Aquaman dropped Steppenwolf with a punch, he’s striking is definitely better than Cap’s.

#10 Posted by Lord_Titan_ (2544 posts) - - Show Bio

In terms of striking power comparisons, I think he is closer to cap, and that is solely because Thor's striking power is just somewhere else.

#11 Edited by Amcu (16221 posts) - - Show Bio

Just like in the Superman thread what you have to consider is that in order to be closer to Thor he would have to have more than 50% of Thor's striking power. He doesn't so he's automatically closer to Steve.

However he is still far and away superior to Steve.

#12 Posted by ourmanuel (10477 posts) - - Show Bio

There’s an absurd jump from Cap to Thor.

Not to mention, even comparing aquaman to cap is a gigantic lowball.

#13 Posted by LJayG (1018 posts) - - Show Bio

He's superior to Steve and inferior to Thor. I'd place him around Ironman's level.

#14 Posted by DammeFavour (8289 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor's best striking feat without a weapon is flipping the hulk midair without negating his momentum. It's nothing special

#15 Posted by The_Magister (13473 posts) - - Show Bio

@amcu said:

Just like in the Superman thread what you have to consider is that in order to be closer to Thor he would have to have more than 50% of Thor's striking power. He doesn't so he's automatically closer to Steve.

However he is still far and away superior to Steve.

Not really, he'd have to be in the upper 50% of (Ts - Cs) where Ts = Thor's striking and Cs = Cap's striking. Regardless, I agree that he's closer to Cap since the gap between him and Thor is astronomical.

#16 Posted by TonyMartial (8840 posts) - - Show Bio

Hes closer to Thor without lightning. With lightning amped punches, hes closer to Steve.

#17 Posted by Darkthunder (1116 posts) - - Show Bio

Steve

#18 Posted by jayc1324 (26421 posts) - - Show Bio
Loading Video...

IF YOU SAY HE IS CLOSE TO THOR YOU ARE DELUSIONAL

#19 Edited by jayc1324 (26421 posts) - - Show Bio

@DammeFavour said:

Thor's best striking feat without a weapon is flipping the hulk midair without negating his momentum. It's nothing special

Yeah let's just ignore the fact that he hurt HULK, ignore the fact it made a huge shockwave, ignore the fact that the shockwave destroyed the area around them.

#20 Posted by GeorgeWBush (11564 posts) - - Show Bio

He’s not even in the same league as Iron Man let alone Thor lmao

#21 Posted by mrmonster (14647 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor obviously.

Avatar image for man_of_miracles
#22 Posted by Man_of_Miracles (3551 posts) - - Show Bio

I feel like he is pretty squarely in the middle of them honestly. It's such a huge gulf between Cap and Thor that it's hard to say.

#23 Posted by Strike3 (597 posts) - - Show Bio

@thatoneguy2958: Aquaman dropped Steppenwolf with a punch, he’s striking is definitely better than Cap’s.

After Superman's attacks softened him up.

#24 Posted by Stormdriven (17711 posts) - - Show Bio

He’s closer to Thor, anyone saying he’s closer to Steve is a wanker if you honestly think he’s close to a multiverse buster in striking strength.

Avatar image for diarrhearegatta
#25 Edited by DiarrheaRegatta (4398 posts) - - Show Bio

He's closer, maybe even in terms of strength with Thor. Could Cap send Steppenwolf flying in the air with a single punch, or push a submarine against it's weight and water pressure? The answer is obvious.

#26 Posted by Ready_4_Madness (15376 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for thebestofthebest
#27 Posted by ThEBeStOfTheBeST (10465 posts) - - Show Bio

He's closer, maybe even in terms of strength with Thor. Could Cap send Steppenwolf flying in the air with a single punch, or push a submarine against it's weight and water pressure? The answer is obvious.

#28 Posted by Strike3 (597 posts) - - Show Bio

@strike3: you’re reaching

Nope. Aquaman couldn't even land the punch or trident with Wonder Woman helping vs Steppenwolf. Where he easily shook off other attacks, Superman's punches clearly staggered, and slowed him down. He looked helpless on the ground, then is hit with heat vision and gets slammed into a wall by Superman. Aquaman's punch sending staggered Steppen a few feet < Superman's punch sending fresh Steppen a good distance.

#29 Edited by Ready_4_Madness (15376 posts) - - Show Bio

@strike3: that’s all assumptions until proven otherwise. And I’m not comparing Aquaman’s punch with Superman, I’m saying Cap wouldn’t be able to accomplish the same thing.

#30 Posted by ad-arts (1952 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquaman is closer to Thor in striking power. Thor with no weapon does not have great striking feats. Couple dozen tons at best.

#31 Posted by mexcomics2078 (2394 posts) - - Show Bio

He is way above cap but at the same time way below Thor

#32 Posted by kgb725 (18367 posts) - - Show Bio

@emperorb777 said:

It's just the absurd amount of MCU bias on this board. That or trolling really.

What MCU bias ? Most people on the battle boards agree DCEU >>>> MCU so not sure what you're talking about.

Also this is a place of feats.

#33 Posted by destinyman75 (13912 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol Jesus...Thor >>>>>> Aquaman

Aquaman>>> Steve it's not hard. He's not close to Thor. He's above Steve but but still closer to Steve

#34 Edited by destinyman75 (13912 posts) - - Show Bio

@ad-arts: Aquaman is above Steve but he's wayyyy below Thor....he has a plethora of good ones

#35 Edited by ad-arts (1952 posts) - - Show Bio

@destinyman75: Thor has no striking feats ( no weapon ) to place him wayyy above Aquaman. He is way above but with the hammer. With no hammer still above, not way above imo. No hammer aqua is closer to Thor, hammer and closer to steve

#36 Edited by Alavanka (2392 posts) - - Show Bio

It depends on what you're comparing. If we're just looking at punches, then Arthur is closer to Thor. If we account for weapons or elemental powers, then Arthur starts becoming closer to Cap. Thor's uru weapons amped with lightning simply outclass Arthur's trident amped with water by too a huge margin.

Arthur with his trident and water has pretty much equal striking to Thor with Hulk's giant warhammer.

Avatar image for carminedcmarvel
#37 Posted by CarmineDcMarvel (254 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquaman is tremendously superior to Steve... but also tremendously inferior to Thor. The gap between Thor and Steve is clearly much MUCH greater than anyone is accounting for here. He’s closer to Steve, but has waaaaaaaaay greater striking power than Steve anyway.

#38 Posted by DammeFavour (8289 posts) - - Show Bio

@jayc1324: he hurt hulk sure, no one is denying that, the Shockwave was just from the lightning, if it wasn't, it would have at least launched them back