Who wins and why?

Avatar image for termiteone4ever
#2 Posted by termiteone4ever (12780 posts) - - Show Bio

You forgot to take TP away if you want Hulk to win

#3 Posted by somayareece (838 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk has solid tp defense no?

#4 Posted by Virtuozzo (940 posts) - - Show Bio

You forgot to take TP away if you want Hulk to win

Doesn't need to since Hulk has TP defense.

#5 Posted by Virtuozzo (940 posts) - - Show Bio

I am not sure what J'onn can do here for the most part.

Hulk has resisted TP from more powerful telepaths then eve Xavier, which mean he should resist J'onn TP.

Other than that J'onn won't be able to take much a beating, although he can turn intangible to avoid most of the damage.

I think at best it's a stalemate or Hulk catches him off guard and wins.

#6 Posted by NiteLite (2237 posts) - - Show Bio
#7 Posted by Lucano (3406 posts) - - Show Bio

Win by KO and not death? MMH has a solid chance then, he is vastly, vastly more versatile, even tho he is outclassed in some departments.

Either 6/10 for J'onn, or too close to call.

#8 Posted by Spiders13 (429 posts) - - Show Bio

I love hulk in a crossover supes knocked him down. I think hulk could take him because his first punch not enraged hurt him.

#9 Posted by NiteLite (2237 posts) - - Show Bio
#10 Posted by Spiders13 (429 posts) - - Show Bio

True.

#11 Posted by WollfMyth209 (16249 posts) - - Show Bio

MMH wins through phasing or TP.

#12 Posted by King-Ragnar (3748 posts) - - Show Bio

J'onn obviously

#13 Posted by Cergic (1097 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk wins by attrition. The moment MM phases and solidifies in Hulk, he starts to get absorbed. He cant physically harm him enough to make worth a salt and i think TP is too boring to factor in so i won't.

#14 Posted by EmpressOfDread (12367 posts) - - Show Bio

MMH wins. He is too versatile. He can also TP Hulk.

#17 Posted by EmpressOfDread (12367 posts) - - Show Bio
#19 Posted by Helloman (28550 posts) - - Show Bio

MMH wins.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
#21 Posted by deactivated-5c6600594117e (22316 posts) - - Show Bio
#22 Posted by comic_book_fan (11223 posts) - - Show Bio

xavier struggled to TP the hulk manhunter will do no better his best bet is to stay intangible.

#23 Posted by AVENGERSWORLD (188 posts) - - Show Bio

xavier struggled to TP the hulk manhunter will do no better his best bet is to stay intangible.

#24 Posted by Kevd4wg (12512 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump with new feats

#25 Posted by Supermanthor (16389 posts) - - Show Bio

Both can't hurt each other

#26 Posted by IntoTheVoid (1295 posts) - - Show Bio

Still seems like a stalemate tbh.

Also what the hell has happened to Rebirth MMH? He almost died to a car fire that a human woman could handle better than him.

Like seriously can the writers wake up? Rebirth is literally turning into a meme.

#27 Edited by Supermanthor (16389 posts) - - Show Bio

@intothevoid: with expectations of hulk and some others marvel isn't better either most guy and gals jobbed for quite a while

I hope both DC and Marvel aknowlegede thier characters well in terms of powerlevels one again

Avatar image for theincrediblesuperhulk8642
#28 Posted by TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642 (4465 posts) - - Show Bio

@intothevoid: That storyline takes place way in the past before MMH had gotten over his weakness to fire

#29 Posted by IntoTheVoid (1295 posts) - - Show Bio

@theincrediblesuperhulk8642: Yea but wasn't he able to withstand quite a lot of fire back when he had his weakness even regenerate while being affected by it, as far as i know he was never suppose to be less resistant to it then regular humans, just less resistant to it then regular superheroes.

Avatar image for theincrediblesuperhulk8642
#30 Posted by TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642 (4465 posts) - - Show Bio

@intothevoid: That depends on the writer, in most cases it was actually written as quite devastating to J’Onn especially early on in his career. Often compared to what Kryptonite would do to Superma. Overtime J’Onn grew more and more resistant but at the start of his career he was in fact highly vulnerable against fire (basically the instance in question is consistent) especially when he’s under intense physiological strain to where he cannot retain his composure and form as well as he normally could.

I will agree that it’s odd to see when J’Onns been so “good” against fire for so long now.

#31 Edited by IntoTheVoid (1295 posts) - - Show Bio

@theincrediblesuperhulk8642: I actually remember in one of his earliest incarnations tanking a fire that decimated an area of 150 km, while now he almost dies to a fire a human woman has no problem handling, it's just so weird to look at such a contrast.

Not as weird as that sex scene from the comic... that traumatized me.

#32 Posted by 20damon (6042 posts) - - Show Bio

I mean, MMH can force a stalemate through intangibility but has no way to win. Isn't just going intangible kind of the same as BFR-ing yourself though?

Avatar image for hurricanefunnel
#33 Posted by hurricanefunnel (2151 posts) - - Show Bio

draw

#34 Posted by Kirkseven (2505 posts) - - Show Bio
#35 Posted by Azazole (74 posts) - - Show Bio

Man... i dunno... tough one. Physically i think Hulk takes it, just based on his feats of beating the Avengers to the point that he fractured Thor's skull in one punch and sent Jennifer amped hulk flying.

Off topic, Marvel need to stop jobbing out the Avengers to show how powerful a new character is. Namor, Sentry and now Hulk. How are they supposed to be the 'it' team everyone aspires to be when even their strongest lineup in years is getting spanked like children.

#36 Posted by 20damon (6042 posts) - - Show Bio

@20damon: not really.

I mean, yeah it's not REALLY, but one could argue that simply going intangible to avoid a fight COULD be the same as flying away to avoid a fight but people will never fully agree on it i guess.

#37 Posted by Kirkseven (2505 posts) - - Show Bio

@20damon: I've always considered bfr is be a victory. (send your opponent somewhere against their will and ending the battle) This is more of a stalemate imo.

Though, you probably could formulate a decent argument for it if you try hard enough though.

#38 Posted by KanyeCosby (6965 posts) - - Show Bio

MMH should win.

#39 Posted by IntoTheVoid (1295 posts) - - Show Bio

@20damon: It really isn't, it just means Hulk has no way of hurting him, so it's a stalemate it's not his problem that Hulk can't affect him while he is phased, you could argue that he is afraid to confront Hulk in a fight because he refuses to go out of his intangible form, but it's not exactly a BFR.

But i do agree that BFR in general is just a poor way of beating someone, i never liked it at all because it doesn't exactly tell you who is more powerful, it just a means to deal with an opponent you otherwise can't put down yourself.

Take for instance Hulk vs Nightcrawler a street level character and put them in the middle of space on a platform 100 meters in diameter and let them fight, as soon as the fight starts, Nightcrawler teleports behind Hulk and dumps hims off the platform and since Hulk can't fly Nightcrawler wins via BFR, despite the fact that a fart from Hulk could kill the guy. It's way too easy and lazy way of winning over someone that doesn't involve an actual fight, i like me VS battles to be actual battles.

#40 Edited by 20damon (6042 posts) - - Show Bio

@kirkseven: @intothevoid:

Yes, my point is kind of that they are taking themselves out of the fight, same as they would with flying away. But i do see and agree with your points, i also agree with the opposite, so i just follow what the general consensus is, i'm just saying an argument could be made ;)

Avatar image for rampagethefirst
#41 Posted by RampageTheFirst (7338 posts) - - Show Bio

J'onn.

#42 Edited by RitamTheBest (76 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol either it's a stalemate or hulk shitstomps all over mmh. Jonn has nothing against him, except for phasing through him, which is far, far, faaaar from a win. Those who are saying hulk would lose, I suggest you go read some immortal hulk comics before posting bullshit.

Avatar image for sexybayonetta22
#43 Posted by SexyBayonetta22 (1069 posts) - - Show Bio

@intothevoid: are there any some solo comics about martian ? How strong is rebirth martian ?

Avatar image for despero_z_amazo
#44 Posted by DESPERO_Z_AMAZO (282 posts) - - Show Bio
#45 Posted by Au_141 (977 posts) - - Show Bio

I’m more inclined to go with Hulk. Other than TP, I don’t see MMH putting him down. He has already shown phasing won’t work with Vision and given his regenerative capabilities and durability it’d take some insane DC just to KO him. IIIRC only that dude from No Surrender was able to do that and he was teambuster I think.

Avatar image for justicethorpsylocke
#46 Posted by justicethorpsylocke (3070 posts) - - Show Bio

It would likely be a stalemate, but I think I would back Hulk if I had to pick. Mostly because if J'onn isn't phasing at any point Hulk could hurt him while I don't think anything J'onn does would actually work

#47 Posted by comic_book_fan (11223 posts) - - Show Bio

hulk

#48 Posted by ChosenOne1222 (347 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for flashgreatersigneveryone
#49 Posted by FlashGreaterSignEveryone (1580 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for blackpantherisb
#50 Posted by blackpantherisb (6979 posts) - - Show Bio

J’ohn wins.