Avatar image for rampagethefirst
#7 Posted by RampageTheFirst (7332 posts) - - Show Bio
#8 Posted by Supermanthor (16300 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmmm looks like Kyle is on par with surfer and Wally in high tier department

#9 Posted by Supermanthor (16300 posts) - - Show Bio

bump

#10 Posted by Kingant27 (16899 posts) - - Show Bio

Probably Kyle.

Hulk does have crazy durability and unless Kyle was fighting stupid letting him get close etc, Kyle should take this IMO.

Avatar image for petetallywacker
#11 Posted by Petetallywacker (36 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm backing hulk

#12 Posted by Risk0608 (234 posts) - - Show Bio

Kyle is pretty powerful, the dude contained Solaris, who eats suns and whom was going Supernova.

#13 Edited by Strike3 (598 posts) - - Show Bio

@risk0608 said:

Kyle is pretty powerful, the dude contained Solaris, who eats suns and whom was going Supernova.

Kyle was seen as the constant rookie GL with the JLA for a time. Even though he's probably been with the League longer than any other GL.

#14 Posted by Risk0608 (234 posts) - - Show Bio
#15 Edited by jay_z94 (8205 posts) - - Show Bio

@rampagethefirst said:
@wollfmyth209 said:
@krleavenger said:

Kyle comfortably.

I'm not denying this, but what feats does Kyle have to comfortably solo Immortal Hulk? My knowledge on DC High-Tiers is lacking

#16 Posted by Thedailybagel (12733 posts) - - Show Bio

I’m struggling to see how Kyle is winning comfortably when Immortal Hulk can rip red Hulk in half and crack Thor’s skull...

#17 Posted by jay_z94 (8205 posts) - - Show Bio
#18 Posted by Thedailybagel (12733 posts) - - Show Bio

@jay_z94: It was the real Ross but we don’t know whether his power was effected, apparently we’ll have more examples to compare it to.

#19 Posted by Sy8000 (35076 posts) - - Show Bio

If it's Kyle at his best he should be able to box up Hulk for an Incap or at least hold him till the sun comes out. Kyle post Johns getting the reigns would never be written as winning.

#20 Posted by EmpressOfDread (12367 posts) - - Show Bio

@risk0608 said:

He struggled to contain Solar going supernova until he had help. Then the job was pretty much taken over by someone else.

#21 Posted by EmpressOfDread (12367 posts) - - Show Bio

Kyle takes this.

Avatar image for theincrediblesuperhulk8642
#22 Posted by TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642 (4464 posts) - - Show Bio

I’m struggling to see how Kyle is winning comfortably when Immortal Hulk can rip red Hulk in half and crack Thor’s skull...

#23 Posted by Risk0608 (234 posts) - - Show Bio

@empressofdread: Kyle still contained him. It did take effort but to say he wasn't able to on his own strength is not exactly the truth

#24 Posted by EmpressOfDread (12367 posts) - - Show Bio

@risk0608 said:

@empressofdread: Kyle still contained him. It did take effort but to say he wasn't able to on his own strength is not exactly the truth

Kyle still did not contain the full fury of the supernova, what I said is not only a fact (go back and read what I said again) but 100% truth and yes, after Kyle had help from Kal the job was pretty much taken over.

No Caption Provided

All Kyle did was safely contain the energies released from the hydrogen supply prior to Kal taking over, his force field is way more powerful than Kyle Rayners by a large margin so anything after that ipso facto can't be used.

#25 Posted by reaverlation (25837 posts) - - Show Bio

@empressofdread: I think the more impressive part is holding a supernova in his hand like a pebble. Star level strength confirmed (runs away)...

#26 Edited by EmpressOfDread (12367 posts) - - Show Bio

@reaverlation: Didn't think you'd ever change that avatar of yours. EDIT: Kal > Kyle when it comes to forcefields and he supported all the way

#27 Posted by Supermanthor (16300 posts) - - Show Bio

@reaverlation: finally a nice avater that previous avater of yours almost give me a heart attack when I saw that for the first lol

#28 Posted by reaverlation (25837 posts) - - Show Bio

@empressofdread: I don't doubt Kal has superior force fields, especially with his Titano feat with holding back half a galaxy. But I think temporarily holding a sun in the palm of his hand is noteworthy

#29 Posted by EmpressOfDread (12367 posts) - - Show Bio

@reaverlation: Point taken. Though I mentioned he did have help and Kal was there right away.

#30 Posted by Supermanthor (16300 posts) - - Show Bio
#31 Posted by jay_z94 (8205 posts) - - Show Bio

@thedailybagel: Thanks for the info, deffo looking forward to next week’s issue

#32 Posted by IntoTheVoid (1295 posts) - - Show Bio

Kyle is going to struggle greatly to put down IH, probably manages to in the end.

Although i am not completely sold on it, IH seems to have an insane damage soak.

#33 Edited by Strike3 (598 posts) - - Show Bio

@risk0608 said:

@strike3: Really? Longer than Hal?

I believe going by 1997 to 2007, he was the most consistent GL. Others were more off-and on.

Avatar image for simon_the_digger
#34 Posted by Simon_the_digger (7054 posts) - - Show Bio

Rayner

#35 Posted by Cergic (1097 posts) - - Show Bio

No gl can solo immortal hulk

#36 Posted by King-Ragnar (3740 posts) - - Show Bio

Kyle comfortably.

#37 Posted by Lvenger (36335 posts) - - Show Bio

Kyle should take the majority due to his versatility and construct durability but he won't be winning comfortably.

#38 Posted by WhiteLantern#1 (817 posts) - - Show Bio

What is the deal with all of the Hulk threads? On topic Kyle wins. The Green Lantern has too many options with his ring, from splitting atoms to keeping IH in separate green containers. Especially if he is not concerned with collateral damage.

#39 Posted by Vertigo- (17683 posts) - - Show Bio

@sy8000 said:

If it's Kyle at his best he should be able to box up Hulk for an Incap or at least hold him till the sun comes out. Kyle post Johns getting the reigns would never be written as winning.

Avatar image for soothing_sounds
#40 Posted by Soothing_Sounds (2073 posts) - - Show Bio

@thedailybagel: c'mon. It was mentioned at the start that everyone was like a husk of their former selves. Rulk was missing like his entire interior. That fight was not a good showing.

#41 Edited by IntoTheVoid (1295 posts) - - Show Bio

@soothing_sounds: Did it mention anywhere that they are weaker than their former selves? Did it mention that missing his interiors hindered him in some way? It didn't seem to stop him from doing everything he normally could. How is a drained and weakened Hulk ripping even a possibly weakened Rulk who showed that he can still draw blood from Immortal Hulk, not a good showing?

They are mentioned to be husks btw, not because they are weakened but because they represent Qlippoths of hell as seen in Kaballistic Jewish interpretation of it.

Avatar image for soothing_sounds
#42 Posted by Soothing_Sounds (2073 posts) - - Show Bio

@intothevoid: "It didn't seem to stop him from doing everything he normally could. How is a drained and weakened Hulk ripping even a possibly weakened Rulk who showed that he can still draw blood from Immortal Hulk, not a good showing?"

everything he normally could being? This whole line is circular reasoning in the worst way. Regardless of origin, them being undead and being literal and metaphorical husk indicates theyre weaker than their living version. But who knows, maybe later issues really will clarify the author's intent.

Avatar image for firestarlord73194
#43 Posted by FireStarLord73194 (4835 posts) - - Show Bio

Immortal hulk threads are starting to become toxic for me. His feats are always scaling him to a character who’s power levels are ambiguous. Until I see something more concrete with him, Kyle wins imo

#44 Edited by IntoTheVoid (1295 posts) - - Show Bio

@soothing_sounds: everything he normally could being? This whole line is circular reasoning in the worst way. Regardless of origin, them being undead and being literal and metaphorical husk indicates theyre weaker than their living version. But who knows, maybe later issues really will clarify the author's intent.

He fought Hulk on even ground and even drew blood until Hulk went berserk, weaker characters show some actual weakness, as in Red Hulk is noticeably weaker either by showings or someone else mentions it, you know how comics work. That's the whole point of someone being discernibly weaker. Hulk one-shotting Thor and fracturing his skull, overpowering 2 beings with planetary strength just by flexing his muscles leads me to believe that if he wanted to, he could tear someone like Rulk in half especially if he was angry enough, which he was, he was so angry at the end in fact he lost himself and the Savage Hulk persona switched with the Devil Hulk one. No it does not actually, that's entirely your assumption and headcannon, we actually have no idea if ANYTHING has changed in terms of their powers. I don't have concrete evidence either i am just assuming based on the information we have. And yes the writer has indicated that we will get a better idea of their power in the next issue. Which IMHO is gonna show the opposite as them being amped, because Qlippoths are "husks" turned evil and demonic, but we will wait and see.

Avatar image for adm1ralsnackbar
#45 Posted by Adm1ralSnackbar (257 posts) - - Show Bio

Kyle