immortal hulk vs juggernaut sentry thor

• 156 results
cergic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@cergic: Did Hulk just regen around that guy leaving him inside his body?

You know it

Avatar image for christianrapper
christianrapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why? Just why?

Buckwheat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Buckwheat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cergic said:
@buckwheat said:

You know it

That's insane. Instant regen no doubt.

But, ok... I'm not very knoledgable on Immortal Hulk, so I don't really want to make a case against him. But just to get the debate going, I'm going to bring a few thoughts to the thread.

This is one OP team the OP presents, two of which have ranged attacks that have in the past harmed other versions of the Hulk.

Lets remember how Sentry was able to —quite effortlessly I might add— brake all the bones in Hulk's body:

No Caption Provided

Speaking of Sentry, his Molecule Manipulation has been known to be able to stop Mjolnir mid-air and even overpower MOLECULE MAN:

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Let's remember who Thor is, as a throw of Mjolnir can and HAS hurt Galactus:

No Caption Provided

And Juggs is almost completely unestopable, so with good teamwork and making reasonable use of their abilites the team shold be able to work something out to stop Immortal Hulk.

cergic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buckwheat:

No Caption Provided

I dont see it. I dont see the team (without wanking outliers) dealing damage with more precision than this. Pure adamantium scalpel barely penetrates the organ walls. Combine that raw durability with the healing and his strenght which is enough to crack Thors head? Mmh. It's real doubtful. Again, without looking too deep the outlier/pis well. Otherwise i agree, Sentry wrecks.

Airgetlam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Uh team wrecks.

helloman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By helloman

The team loses.

ZillaG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By ZillaG

@buckwheat said:
@cergic said:
@buckwheat said:

You know it

That's insane. Instant regen no doubt.

But, ok... I'm not very knoledgable on Immortal Hulk, so I don't really want to make a case against him. But just to get the debate going, I'm going to bring a few thoughts to the thread.

This is one OP team the OP presents, two of which have ranged attacks that have in the past harmed other versions of the Hulk.

Lets remember how Sentry was able to —quite effortlessly I might add— brake all the bones in Hulk's body:

No Caption Provided

Speaking of Sentry, his Molecule Manipulation has been known to be able to stop Mjolnir mid-air and even overpower MOLECULE MAN:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Let's remember who Thor is, as a throw of Mjolnir can and HAS hurt Galactus:

No Caption Provided

And Juggs is almost completely unestopable, so with good teamwork and making reasonable use of their abilites the team shold be able to work something out to stop Immortal Hulk.

This is all over the place...

You are using feats from Void, Void possessed Sentry and Death Seed Sentry as feats for regular Sentry.

The one who broke Hulks bones is Void, not Sentry.

The one who stopped Mljonir was Death Seed Sentry(which is an amped version of Sentry)

The one who owned Owen Reece was Sentry possessed by the Void.

Literally none of these guys are regular Sentry, probably because regular Sentry has been literally one-shot by Thor before

No Caption Provided

which in turn had Sentry let the Void posses him just so he could fight Thor later on.

The Galactus feat as well has massive context which is Galactus was starving and weakened, he literally was so weakened he later in the fight ran away from Thor, despite the fact that a well fed Galactus has treated guys like Thor as nothing more than ants.

Regular Sentry's feats are a lot lower than you think here, he together with WM, Ares and Carol got pummeled by Red Hulk

Struggled greatly against BM and even got KO'd into space briefly.

https://imgur.com/a/3CTn6

He struggled against Hercules and got overwhelmed by him for a moment

https://imgur.com/a/mgccu

He struggled a lot against Iron Man

https://imgur.com/a/GiM4M

He struggled trying to put down Namor

He even got KO'd by Carol when he was fighting Ultron

No Caption Provided

He is an extremely inconsistent character and literally his best feats on his own was when he was fighting Genis Veil, WWH and Terrax, everything else is either lack luster as you can see above, inconsistent or straight up him being amped like the instance you mentioned that include the Void and DSS.

So i am not sure how current Sentry can beat Immortal Hulk who is a much stronger version of Hulk than regularly when just recently a stable Sentry who described himself as the most powerful being in existence only managed to stalemate regular Savage Hulk.

Current Juggernaut isn't much better as he has been losing fights to the guys like Iceman

No Caption Provided

while amped he got overwhelmed by Thor

No Caption Provided

Lost to Deadpool who used a cement truck to beat(although this IMO is straight up bad writing)

himhttps://imgur.com/gallery/sQFWZ

Got overwhelmed by Venom

So it really gives you the idea that current Juggernaut is not that powerful or unstoppable, he is more of a jobber than anything.

Under normal circumstances i would chose the team over Hulk since either one of them(except for maybe Sentry) can give a Hulk a decent fight 1v1, but seeing as this is Immortal Hulk who is more powerful than his normal self while his opponents are either weaker than what they used to be ore have already gotten straight up one-shot by him(like Thor)

No Caption Provided

I'd probably say Immortal Hulk wins here since i don't know how they can put him down outside of BFR.

Also if you are not familiar with Immortal Hulk i highly recommend you check it out, it is currently regarded as the best book Marvel has to offer, it's very horror oriented so it's different to any other book we have had and it has lots of gore, psychological stuff, lots of theological and philosophical themes and really good action. It's a great read.

Toratorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Toratorn

@zillag said:

He is an extremely inconsistent character and literally his best feats on his own was when he was fighting Genis-Vell, WWH and Terrax, everything else is either lack luster as you can see above, inconsistent or straight up him being amped like the instance you mentioned that include the Void and DSS.

To be fair, he does have other good feats. Like fighting Collective, Void and stomping Doom. But on the other hand, he also has other low ends, like being hurt by calm Savage Hulk hugging him, being hurt by early Thing and struggling against She-Hulk. Which only reinforces your point that he is all over the place.

Oh and btw, Carol was amped when she KOed Sentry. But even then, if Sentry really was as strong as implied, I'm pretty sure that she shouldn't have been able to do that even if she went Binary.

michaelfnshotz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zillag: "Stalemated savage hulk"

their fight was incloclusive, and keyword: "stable" i.e not sentry at full power.

ZillaG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@michaelfnshotz: They were portrayed even for the short duration that the fight was featured as in neither dominated the other.

I never said one won over the other so yes the fight was inconclusive. Stable Sentry is Sentry at his own full power, other versions include unstable Sentry whose powers fluctuate, DSS which is Sentry amped by death seed, Void Sentry which is Sentry possesed by Void and merged Sentry which is Sentry working together with Void. So again stable Sentry is Sentry at his full power when using only his own power and not outside amps or Void help.

michaelfnshotz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zillag: it was LITERALLY one panel, and you determined it was a "stalemate"

Avatar image for god_of_butchers
god_of_butchers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By god_of_butchers

Does this Hulk has more durability than Celestials, if no Thor oneshots

ZillaG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@michaelfnshotz: It was several pages and then several pages of others talking while the fight was happening off panel and during that time Sentry didn't beat up Hulk and come back and stop him which was his sole purpose for existing at that point.

ZillaG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-5d5789e65ebaa
deactivated-5d5789e65ebaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zillag said:

Current Juggernaut isn't much better as he has been losing fights to the guys like Iceman

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Lost to Deadpool who used a cement truck to beat(although this IMO is straight up bad writing)

Got overwhelmed by Venom

So it really gives you the idea that current Juggernaut is not that powerful or unstoppable, he is more of a jobber than anything.

he also got wrecked by brother voodoo in uncanny avengers comic and kinda lost to mini beast in x-men blue

michaelfnshotz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

@zillag: And it was this Sentry in said "fight"?

Matter of fact, what was the story itself about

Toratorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, if you want to play this game...

No Caption Provided

Lmao

ZillaG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zillag said:

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Got overwhelmed by Venom

he also got wrecked by brother voodoo in uncanny avengers comic and kinda lost to mini beast in x-men blue

Damn i didn't even know about those 2 instances, i guess he truly is jobbing nowadays.

ZillaG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

@zillag: And it was this Sentry in said "fight"?

Matter of fact, what was the story itself about

No it was not that Sentry, he didn't even look like him at all. Is this another one of your accounts WITB?

Avatar image for deactivated-5d5789e65ebaa
deactivated-5d5789e65ebaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zillag said:
@randomguy287 said:
@zillag said:

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Got overwhelmed by Venom

Damn i didn't even know about those 2 instances, i guess he truly is jobbing nowadays.

here's the scans:

mini beast:

brother voodoo:

Brittonic_para

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Brittonic_para

Team. Honestly, hulk 1 shotting thor just seemed like more BS, just like thor oneshotting hulk with lightning back in the day. Thor has taken worse. Much worse, and just seemed disrespectful to his character. Regen is good and all, but hulk can still be K.O'd. It will take a while, but my bet is on ragdolling hulk. Especially with sentrys speed, I don't think he stands much chance at all. Spite.

michaelfnshotz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zillag:

i it's a self contained story

Not connected to.the marvel cannon lol

This mini series was a simple anniversary series to Marvel Knights

ZillaG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By ZillaG

@michaelfnshotz:

It is connected to the Marvel canon, the whole point of the story in the end is that they got everything back to normal. They even reference how all is back as it was before.

you are just shifting the goal post every time i debunk something you said. Whats next the whole thing was a dream or something?

Edit: I predicted it, the retard actually thinks the whole thing was a simulation.

The world is real, the location they are in(a city) isn't, they are still in the same room where Sentry was, but Hulk fought the real Sentry you idiot.

michaelfnshotz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zillag: Wait, so you DO know the entire thing was a simulation ?

Also based off those two scans said world wasnt real. So this entire post was pointless.

Avatar image for eternaldarkfury
EternalDarkFury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team.

BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By BlessedbyHorus

@toratorn said:

@chad_duby: and also got wrecked by Herc. And Thor. And Jim Hammond. And Rulk. And struggled with Iron Man. And She-Hulk. And Blue Marvel. And Namor. And was scared of Black Bolt. All of that is a far cry from giving WWH a good fight. Hence he is all over the place and will get wrecked more often than not.

Know this is an old post. But I just have to respond to this BS.

1. Sentry wasn't even fighting serious with Herc nor was he even the aggressor. He was trying to speak dialogue with Hercules. That's just how the Sentry is(unless he is penned by Bendis). It wasn't even really a fight and the "fight" ended when the Sentry abandoned his objective to take in Hercules to save some people.

2. Thor? Sentry and Void have been shown to be Thor's superior multiple times. When has Sentry been "wrecked" by Thor. Every time they face the Sentry/Void gets the best of him.

3. Iron Man? Iron Man had prep if I remember correctly.

4. She-Hulk? Now I know you are just playing games now. You probably looked at that one scan of She-Hulk punching the Sentry into the ground and considered it "wrecked." Here is what really happened.

The Sentry again wasn't even trying to fight but instead was tossing the She-Hulk around.

5. Jim Hammond? Really? That whole thing was PIS since part of the Sentry's powers comes from sun! And he has went inside and outside of the sun before unharmed. How is that even a consistent showing? Like really? Only argument that this was not PIS is if the Sentry was mentally unstable.

6. Rulk? Again was PIS and not consistent.

7. Blue Marvel? Really? When was Blue Marvel "wrecking" the Sentry. Like do you even read the comics or just look at scans online. I have that Blue Marvel miniseries and it was Sentry who was getting the best of Blue Marvel until Blue Marvel sucker punched him but then the Sentry came back from orbit and KO'ed him. For good. And to put icing on the cake his OWN creator confirmed that the Sentry is the more powerful of the two.

8. When was Namor "wrecking" the Sentry? Like what the freak? Sentry was wrecking Namor until Emma Frost and Xavier had to save Namor's ass by entering the White hot room in his mind. Again do you read comics or look at scans online? No offense.

9. Scared of Black Bolt? When? I remember Sentry taking Black Bolt's whispers and having a convo with him.

Like really? if such instance does exist(surprised I was never aware of it) then it clearly was PIS. And lastly his fight with World War Hulk isn't even his most high end feat or one that I would even consider an outlier. So far you only managed to post three examples of PIS and the rest being out of context. Heck some where the Sentry was mentally unstable. Like I said old post but I just had to....

Edit:

Hell I forgot to mention that the Sentry is weakagainst anti-matter and it was effecting him during the Blue Marvel miniseries. Hell the writer HIMSELF confirmed that Sentry powers were effected during his fight with Blue Marvel.

No Caption Provided

So if anything the fight against Blue Marvel was a bigger feat for Sentry than Blue Marvel. %$&* it was the very same reason the Sentry couldn't even fight Anti-Man and so the Avengers needed Blue Marvel to deal with him.

BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@toratorn said:

@chad_duby: not only handbooks are full of shit most of the time, but Sentry also showed no sign that he was unstable on some of these occasions.

Handbooks are NOT full of shit when it comes to descriptions of powers. Now there powergrid is another story. But anyways writers have said many times that there is a correlation between his power level and mental state. In the original New Avengers it was confirmed that his mental state holds his powers together. More importantly the recent writer Zub in an interview basically reaffirmed that his mental state plays a role in his power level.

No Caption Provided

"His powers and his stability are in flux"

So who words should we take? Yours or multiple writers and handbooks? The very core of the Sentry character is based on his psychological state.

BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And what do some of you mean it was "Void possessed" Sentry that defeated Owens? I don't know how many times that has been debunked and yet people still latch onto it. Bendis never mentioned the Void in that Dark Avengers issue.

Bendis: "We've now unveiled all of our cards - about who the Sentry is and what his powers are. We've unveiled in Dark Avengers #12 that the Sentry, on top of his powers, has powers like the Molecule Man. He actually has the ability to craft / to form a reality from a molecular level. And that's where his powers have come from. [...] And there is no limit to the power level that he has."

Loading Video...

And I already addressed that in this thread.

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/sentry/4005-1454/forums/myth-is-the-void-more-powerful-than-the-sentry-1688977/

More importantly the Sentry/Void are merged already and so this is irrelevant.

HellionVulcan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Team should take mainly due to Sentry and Juggernaut.

Toratorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By Toratorn

@blessedbyhorus: I swear to god...

Thor one-shot him back in Siege with a hammer strike.

No Caption Provided

And then a couple of issues later murdered Void with a lightning strike.

Iron Man didn't have any prep, he straight up tanked 3 hits from Sentry who was trying to incapacitate him without any trouble and hurt him with his own punch.

https://imgur.com/a/GiM4M

And then in Mighty Avengers he straight up got his ass kicked by Ultron possessing Extremis armor while in near-Void state and bloodlusted.

Awesome, thanks for posting the scans where Sentry fails to do shit to She-Hulk with his attacks. That really proves that he "wasn't struggling with her". Riiiiiight.

Was in the Sun unharmed? Are you kidding me? He literally got rid of Void by throwing him into the Sun and was outright getting his body incinerated by it on another occasion. If he was at some point strolling through the Sun unharmed, that just proves, once again, how inconsistent he is, lol.

Sentry didn't do shit to Namor. He was literally hammering him for several pages while Frost was messing with his mind and Namor got up absolutely unharmed the second Sentry stomped.

And yes, I did admittedly exaggerate about Namor "wrecking him", but they did fight in Invaders/Avengers, where young Invaders-era Namor drew blood from him with a punch and tanked Sentry's hit too.

Lol, his internal dialogue in that very scan shows that he is scared of Black Bolt. Literally in the same issue he disobeys Stark's order to capture Black Bolt while using the excuse "that was only a whisper" or something like that. Tanking a whisper that got tanked by literally every other Avenger on the same very page isn't impressive either.

I'll admit that exaggerated his fights against Herc and Blue Marvel. But that still leaves us with Sentry: failing to do shit to Iron Man and getting bodied by possessed Extremis armor; failing to do shit to Namor with a barrage of punches; failing to phase She-Hulk with his attacks; getting stomped by Jim Hammond and Red Hulk, getting one-shot by Thor, getting murdered by his lightning strike while in Void form and being scared shirtless of Black Bolt.

And that's not even all Ls he has taken over the years. Approximate list of all other Ls Sentry has taken:

• he was hurt by a calm Savage Hulk hugging him;
  • he was stalemated by Savage Hulk in Marvel Knights;
  • he was hurt by a very early Thing;
  • as a matter of fact, he straight up heaved on another occasion after Thing punched him;
  • he, in Void form, was bodied by a falling helicarrier;
  • he was humiliated by falling helicarrier yet again in Mighty Avengers, where he couldn't stop it and needed Wonder Man and Ms. Marvel to help him;
  • he got messed up by a nuke in Sentry/X-Men;
  • he was overpowered by Wendigo Hulk and needed to get his ass saved by Ms. Marvel and freaking Moon Knight;
  • Wonder Man tanked getting sucker-punched by a bloodlusted near-void Sentry;
  • while amped by Death Seed he got his face blasted off by Wasp;
  • while amped by Death Seed he got his ass one shot by a huge worm for six bloody issues;
  • he got outreacted by Iron Fist and Hercules;
  • he failed to beat Noh-Varr;
  • he admitted that Mar-Vell could beat him;
  • he couldn't hold back Ares even when assisted by Wonder Man and Ms. Marvel and Iron Man said that Sentry needs like 6 other heavy hitters assisting him to take down Ares (lmao);
  • he got one-shot by Ms. Marvel amped by a nuke;
  • Yelena Belova, who copied Sentry's powers, was bloodied by Ms. Marvel punching her;
  • and my personal favourite, he got molested by an animated Chrysler Building that was explicitly holding back not to kill anyone:
No Caption Provided

He so badly all over the place that Absorbing Man copying his powers stomps him in 3 hits.

No Caption Provided

He is so inconsistent that he essentially got stomped by himself. And it happened again when Yelena Belova copied his powers and stomped his ass too.

He'll, sometimes he even gets inconsistent in span of a single issue: same issue where he tore Ares apart he failed to crush his windpipe and couldn't do shit to Ares with bullrush and multiple punches besides drawing blood from him. Hell, Ares was even blindsided by the initial hit and still basically shrugged it off.

And that's, of course, not even mentioning how he was hurt by Black Panther, Okoye, Fat Cobra and Wasp while being supposedly fused with Void, something you're still in denial of, and got matched by Thor who tanked his blast and punch without much trouble.

As for the whole "emotional state" handbook nonsense... He is inconsistent and all over the place even if we look at his singular forms and not his overall howings, like getting dunked on by helicarier in Void form or getting stomped by a big worm in Death Seed form (in the same issue where he punks Thor, lol). Most times he got dunked on by people he was in stable form as well.

TL;DR: Sentry is inconsistent mess and you should feel bad for wanking him. And yes, matching Green Scar is an outlier. Deal with it.

20damon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@toratorn:

Sentry got knocked AWAY by Thor and no sold everything Thor threw at him later on, even when Thor was amped by the Norn stones. Not denying Sentry's inconsistency, but to say that Thor one shotted him during siege is incorrect at best and outright lies at worst.

Toratorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By Toratorn

@20damon: it took 12 freaking pages for Sentry to come back into fight. This is the same guy who flies from Earth to Sun/Jupiter in miniscule amounts of time. So either Thor knocked him into another solar system (don't blame me if I find that idea questionable) or Sentry was knocked out cold.

The fact that Sentry later no sold hits from Thor, only to get wrecked by a helicarrier and then get killed by Thor just adds another layer to this whole inconsistency thing.

20damon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@toratorn said:

@20damon: it took 12 freaking pages for Sentry to come back into fight. This is the same guy who flies from Earth to Sun/Jupiter in miniscule amounts of time. So either Thor knocked him into another solar system (don't blame me if I find that idea questionable) or Sentry was knocked out cold.

12 pages that went over VERY little time in terms of story and events. If you're really trying to sell that Thor one shotted Sentry and wasn't even able to harm him later on, even when amped, that just makes your case look bad.

Kevd4wg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@20damon said:
@toratorn said:

12 pages that went over VERY little time in terms of story and events. If you're really trying to sell that Thor one shotted Sentry and wasn't even able to harm him later on, even when amped, that just makes your case look bad.

Firstly he did harm him, he reduced him to a skeleton(while not amped btw), but that was void and not Sentry anyway so it doesn't matter.

Fun fact if you look at the script for Siege, it actually says Sentry was struggling flying through Asgardian buildings

Also for the WWH showing while it's an outlier, couldn't that also be explained by the fact Sentry naturally calms down Hulk and it seemingly worked partially on Hulk when he took on the Fantastic Four.

Toratorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By Toratorn

@20damon: yeah, Thor wasn't able to hurt him later on... until he was, and it harmed Sentry (or, to be specific, Void) so bad he got deep-fried. And then there's the whole helicarrier thing. Siege wasn't a terribly consistent comic book.

And just based on dialogue alone the gap between Sentry getting socked and him coming back must have taken at least several minutes.

As a matter of fact, Sentry didn't go full Void in issue 1 when Thor socked him, but he was already in Void form when they threw down again in issue 3. So that might explain why Thor had more trouble with him later than initially.

Toratorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kevd4wg said:

Fun fact if you look at the script for Siege, it actually says Sentry was struggling flying through Asgardian buildings

Lol what? Scans for that?

Kevd4wg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By Kevd4wg

@toratorn said:
@kevd4wg said:

Lol what? Scans for that?

No Caption Provided

It was actually destroying Asgard, but it was also as Void so...

Toratorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By Toratorn

@kevd4wg: not sure if that's a feat for Asgardian architecture (lol) or yet another low showing for Sentry. Then again, Sentry plowed Ares through some of structures and Ares wasn't worse for wear, so it's probably the latter.

Kevd4wg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@toratorn said:

@kevd4wg: not sure if that's a feat for Asgardian architecture (lol) or yet another low showing for Sentry. Then again, Sentry plowed Ares through some of structures and Ares wasn't worse for wear, so it's probably the latter.

I'd like it to be a feat for Asgardian Architecture cuz that makes wanking Thor way easier, but I still just think Sentry sucks. I mean it's pretty laughable either way

Toratorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kevd4wg said:
@toratorn said:

I'd like it to be a feat for Asgardian Architecture cuz that makes wanking Thor way easier, but I still just think Sentry sucks. I mean it's pretty laughable either way

Yeah, fair enough.

...that said, if we take the idea that Asgardian buildings are so dense that Void hurts himself while plowing through seriously, the scenes from Secret Invasion when that super-skrull who stomped BRB got splattered by Asgard falling on top of her head or when BRB and Odinforce Thor struggled to lift Asgard make more sense. But then again, I'm pretty sure there are dozens of people below Sentry's supposed level who had less trouble with Asgardian buildings, so eh.

20damon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@toratorn said:

@20damon: yeah, Thor wasn't able to hurt him later on... until he was, and it harmed Sentry (or, to be specific, Void) so bad he got deep-fried. And then there's the whole helicarrier thing. Siege wasn't a terribly consistent comic book.

And just based on dialogue alone the gap between Sentry getting socked and him coming back must have taken at least several minutes.

As a matter of fact, Sentry didn't go full Void in issue 1 when Thor socked him, but he was already in Void form when they threw down again in issue 3. So that might explain why Thor had more trouble with him later than initially.

I've said what i wanted to say, that Thor was not one shotting Sentry or anything close to it, but if you want to run with that, go nuts.

20damon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kevd4wg said:
@20damon said:
@toratorn said:

Firstly he did harm him, he reduced him to a skeleton(while not amped btw), but that was void and not Sentry anyway so it doesn't matter.

Also for the WWH showing while it's an outlier, couldn't that also be explained by the fact Sentry naturally calms down Hulk and it seemingly worked partially on Hulk when he took on the Fantastic Four.

Sentry does have an aura that calms down Hulk and is also one of Hulk's dearest friends. Or was, not sure how they are getting along today. Hulk didn't want to fight him either.

Toratorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@20damon said:

I've said what i wanted to say, that Thor was not one shotting Sentry or anything close to it, but if you want to run with that, go nuts.

I mean, your argument doesn't make any sense unless you want to claim that Sentry was knocked into another solar system. The other alternative is that Sentry was indeed one-shot, cause if he wasn't, he'd come back to fight Thor under Osborn's orders ("everyone class 50 and higher"). Which he didn't.

20damon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@toratorn said:
@20damon said:

I mean, your argument doesn't make any sense unless you want to claim that Sentry was knocked into another solar system. The other alternative is that Sentry was indeed one-shot, cause if he wasn't, he'd come back to fight Thor under Osborn's orders ("everyone class 50 and higher"). Which he didn't.

.... Okay. It's not like Thor was blitzed away by Sentry, knocked him AWAY and then was taken weakened enough by that blitz to be taken down by a blast from a half dozen mid tiers that under normal circumstances wouldn't even be able to hurt him. But again, if you want to claim Thor oneshotted him there, knock yourself out.

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 takenstew22  Moderator

Team. Juggernaut alone can give IH a good fight and probably stalemate him, with Thor and Sentry they win.

BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By BlessedbyHorus

@toratorn

Okay its obvious now that you are trolling with that post. I mean what can I expect from the SAME guy who said Wolverine would beat Blue Marvel. Why should anyone take anything you say serious.

No Caption Provided

I NEVER want to hear you say other posters are "wanking" ever again.

Thor one-shot him back in Siege with a hammer strike.

Okay and? The Void later came back and wrecked Thor.

No Caption Provided

He had Thor in a grip and Thor couldn't do anything. And no he didn't "one-shot" Void he knocked him away. But hey how about we look up the history of Sentry/Void getting the better of Thor. Here the Void restrains Thor until the Sentry has to show up and save him.

No Caption Provided

And here Deathseed Sentry completely overwhelms Thor in their first encounter...

We have THREE encounters where the Sentry/Void is shown superior to Thor. Only one showing is where he is "amped." So what the heck do you even mean he was "wrecked" by Thor. The Void was wrecking him and the entire Avengers throughout Siege until Loki had to save them.

And then a couple of issues later murdered Void with a lightning strike.

Do you read comics or just look at the pretty pictures? You mean Robert who FREAKING wanted to DIE? And was holding back the Void?

No Caption Provided

Next?

Iron Man didn't have any prep, he straight up tanked 3 hits from Sentry who was trying to incapacitate him without any trouble and hurt him with his own punch.

You managed to link the entire fight and yet still don't actually reading what was happening. The fight was actually TWO issues Invincible Iron Man Vol 4 issues 10 and 11. In the 10th issue the Sentry knocked Iron Man into the group.

How the heck is that Iron Man "tanking" his hits? Then we get to the 11th issue where Tony gets up and sucker punches the Sentry. The rest of the fight is Sentry dominating Tony.

Seriously what are you talking about? The scans freaking speak for themselves. Tony was losing the fight. The "fight" ends when Iron Man uses Sentry's own cloc tower(which was designed by Reed and further by Tony) against the Sentry to save himself.

No Caption Provided

If you're going to lowball then at least try and read the damn comics youj are trying tow lowball said characters with. We don't even know what would've happened if Tony didn't use the Cloc tower trick. And yes that is an example of him having PREP just in case the Sentry turned on him.

Next?

And then in Mighty Avengers he straight up got his ass kicked by Ultron possessing Extremis armor while in near-Void state and bloodlusted.

Now... I know you're trolling. First there was no "Void state", Black eyes only indicate emotions. But more importantly where the freak was the Sentry getting his "ass kicked" by female Ultron? Where!? And when was she possessing the Extremis armor? More making up stuff. Post the entire fight for all to see...

https://imgur.com/a/wdVgv

You mean the SAME Ultron that was stomping the rest of the Avengers? More importantly not only was Sentry mentally unstable during that fight but he was losing control in a fit of rage even attacking other Avengers due to his wife dying. The fight ends when the Sentry is almost about to tear off female's Ultrons head until interferes with a punch.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

And so I'll say again LEARN to lowball better my friend.

Awesome, thanks for posting the scans where Sentry fails to do shit to She-Hulk with his attacks. That really proves that he "wasn't struggling with her". Riiiiiight.

WHAT... THE... %$#@???? The Sentry wasn't even flipping trying fight her....

No Caption Provided

Was in the Sun unharmed? Are you kidding me? He literally got rid of Void by throwing him into the Sun and was outright getting his body incinerated by it on another occasion. If he was at some point strolling through the Sun unharmed, that just proves, once again, how inconsistent he is, lol.

Read the Sentry comic instead of reading up on stuff on forums about the Sentry. The Void is weak against the sun which is why his body was incinerating. More importantly the Sentry powers comes FROM the sun and then we have an example of the Sentry going in and out of the sun unscratched.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Next? I'm seriously thinking about making a thread debunking all the lowballing. lol. Thanks for the inspiration.

Sentry didn't do shit to Namor. He was literally hammering him for several pages while Frost was messing with his mind and Namor got up absolutely unharmed the second Sentry stomped.

Here's the whole fight.

https://imgur.com/a/xVVn7

Namor couldn't land a single hit on the Sentry. Hell, the Sentry wasn't even being the aggressor for that matter. And to make matters worse Namor's OWN girlfriend at the time basically said Namor was no match for the Sentry. Hell the entire X-Men was getting stomped. Doesn't matter if Namor didn't get stomped or not fact remains that he was "wrecking" the Sentry like how you made up. The Sentry wasn't even the aggressor and Namor couldn't even land a single direct hit. Again the scans are there for ALL to see.

And yes, I did admittedly exaggerate about Namor "wrecking him", but they did fight in Invaders/Avengers, where young Invaders-era Namor drew blood from him with a punch and tanked Sentry's hit too.

When was this??

Lol, his internal dialogue in that very scan shows that he is scared of Black Bolt. Literally in the same issue he disobeys Stark's order to capture Black Bolt while using the excuse "that was only a whisper" or something like that. Tanking a whisper that got tanked by literally every other Avenger on the same very page isn't impressive either.

I don't give a crap if you don't feel its impressive or not. You made up a story that the Sentry was "afraid" of Black Bolt. All he said was "don't do it" which many can interpret as the Sentry not wanted anyone else to get hurt. And what are you talking about???? The rest of the Avengers were knocked away while the Sentry stood his ground.

I'll admit that exaggerated his fights against Herc and Blue Marvel. But that still leaves us with Sentry: failing to do shit to Iron Man and getting bodied by possessed Extremis armor; failing to do shit to Namor with a barrage of punches; failing to phase She-Hulk with his attacks; getting stomped by Jim Hammond and Red Hulk, getting one-shot by Thor, getting murdered by his lightning strike while in Void form and being scared shirtless of Black Bolt.

All of this was addressed and refuted. But hey.... You can keep spamming these nonsensical claims throughout this forum if you want. Next?

And that's not even all Ls he has taken over the years. Approximate list of all other Ls Sentry has taken:

• he was hurt by a calm Savage Hulk hugging him;
  • he was stalemated by Savage Hulk in Marvel Knights;
  • he was hurt by a very early Thing;
  • as a matter of fact, he straight up heaved on another occasion after Thing punched him;
  • he, in Void form, was bodied by a falling helicarrier;
  • he was humiliated by falling helicarrier yet again in Mighty Avengers, where he couldn't stop it and needed Wonder Man and Ms. Marvel to help him;
  • he got messed up by a nuke in Sentry/X-Men;
  • he was overpowered by Wendigo Hulk and needed to get his ass saved by Ms. Marvel and freaking Moon Knight;
  • Wonder Man tanked getting sucker-punched by a bloodlusted near-void Sentry;
  • while amped by Death Seed he got his face blasted off by Wasp;
  • while amped by Death Seed he got his ass one shot by a huge worm for six bloody issues;
  • he got outreacted by Iron Fist and Hercules;
  • he failed to beat Noh-Varr;
  • he admitted that Mar-Vell could beat him;
  • he couldn't hold back Ares even when assisted by Wonder Man and Ms. Marvel and Iron Man said that Sentry needs like 6 other heavy hitters assisting him to take down Ares (lmao);
  • he got one-shot by Ms. Marvel amped by a nuke;
  • Yelena Belova, who copied Sentry's powers, was bloodied by Ms. Marvel punching her;
  • and my personal favourite, he got molested by an animated Chrysler Building that was explicitly holding back not to kill anyone:

Okay now I 100% definitely know that you're trolling now.....

1. WTF!? More trolling next?

2. Sentry already BEAT savage Hulk.

Next?

3. When the $#!* was he hurt by the Thing!? Disliking a certain character is no reason to TROLL. The Sentry already humiliated the Thing and took his punch like nothing.

Matter fact here is another example of the Sentry overpowering the Thing when he fears the Thing will harm on of the Wrecking Crew members.

No Caption Provided

So what in the hip hoppity hell do you mean the Thing has "hurt" the Sentry?

4. Oh god... The helicarrier crap again. You mean AFTER the Void was freaking hurt by the Norme stones??? Do you even know what the Norme stones do??? Next?

5. Oh boy this again. They only helped on stablize the helicarrier. Trying catching a large heavy object from below and see what happens. But who cares about this... If you wanna use this to lowball the Sentry then... meh?

6. So you're telling me a guy who can come out the sun unscratched. Can survive being ripped apart atom from atom by Molecule Man. Can come come out of the freaking sun unfazed. Can survive one of Morgana Le Fay's time manip, among other things will be badly hurt by a nuke? Really? And it was really only his clothes that were destroyed. And iirc Superman's clothes have been shredded in nukes(one of you Superman fans correct me). But EITHER WAY none of this matters because in his SECOND volume which came after that instance you're talking about; the Sentry comes out of a nuclear explosion unfazed.

This is just getting fun now.

7. The Sentry didn't even want to hurt the Hulk when he was Wendigo. Again do you read the scans or just look at the pretty pictures?

8. lol when was this? lol. Wonder Man has went up against many powerhouses like Thor AND.... Immortal Hulk. While off panel Wonder Man was said to fight Hulk to a "stand still."

No Caption Provided

And I'm not even trying to lowball the Hulk like you're doing with Sentry. Next?

8. Now Wasp can demolish Thor multiple times like DSS did because she managed to mess up a freaking ZOMBIES face. Next?

9. Oh... You mean an indestructible worm that was used for plot? Okay.

10. NEITHER who he was even trying to harm. The same thing can be said about Thor and Superman. These three are powerful HEROS repeat HEROS. They're not going to be going all out all the time(besides maybe Thor). Superman and Sentry(when he's stable and not written under Bendis) prefer dialogue over fighting. But more importantly I already explained that the Sentry wasn't even trying to fight Hercules. Next?

11.When did he fail to beat Noh-Varr?

12. When did he admit Marr-vell can beat him??

13. Uh... You mean the same Ares that Void did this too? lol.

No Caption Provided

And what on EARTH do you mean the Sentry needed help to stop Ares? While the rest were struggling with Ares the Sentry OVERPOWERED Ares with just one hand similar to how he did Terrax telling him to "stop." Then Ares quickly complied.

No Caption Provided

This is getting too easy right now.

14. When was this????

15. Okay....? Once again learn how to lowball.

16. Tbh I never seen this scan but it looks like some Squirrel Girl esque material. Comic issue and volume?

He so badly all over the place that Absorbing Man copying his powers stomps him in 3 hits.

The same Absorbing Man who also absorbed Hulk's and Thor's powers iirc? And AM wasn't "stomping" the Sentry and that was a flashback. And what the #@*^ in your OWN scan Absorbing Man literally states that the Sentry almost killed him. Yea he SURE stomped the Sentry. *rolleyes*

More importantly AM didn't even absorb ALL of Sentry's powers. How about I show what happened when the Sentry let AM try and absorb ALL his powers.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

I know I sound like a broken record but if you're going to lowball then at least TRY and read the damn materials you are lowballing from.

He'll, sometimes he even gets inconsistent in span of a single issue: same issue where he tore Ares apart he failed to crush his windpipe and couldn't do shit to Ares with bullrush and multiple punches besides drawing blood from him. Hell, Ares was even blindsided by the initial hit and still basically shrugged it off.

What the heck is this gobbledegook posting?

And that's, of course, not even mentioning how he was hurt by Black Panther, Okoye, Fat Cobra and Wasp while being supposedly fused with Void, something you're still in denial of, and got matched by Thor who tanked his blast and punch without much trouble.

This again? I already addressed this and I didn't see you or anyone else counter what I posted.

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/battles-7/sentry-vs-hel-2052652/?page=1#js-message-22535501

I don't CARE if you claim I am in "denial" the scans speak for themselves. Its not my fault you don't read comics.

As for the whole "emotional state" handbook nonsense... He is inconsistent and all over the place even if we look at his singular forms and not his overall howings, like getting dunked on by helicarier in Void form or getting stomped by a big worm in Death Seed form (in the same issue where he punks Thor, lol). Most times he got dunked on by people he was in stable form as well.

Writers words against yours. I'll take the writers words.

TL;DR: Sentry is inconsistent mess and you should feel bad for wanking him. And yes, matching Green Scar is an outlier. Deal with it.

Wanking? Says the guys that claims freaking Wolverine can beat Blue Marvel! LMAO!!! All you've done is just list all of what you think are low showings for the character and try to argue that they are consistent for him while also taking many instances out of context. Many can also list many of Hulk, Thor and Superman's low showings. And his fight with Green Scar is an outlier? Sentry was more impressive feats than that one. Deal with it.

TL;DR: Practice how to low-ball and then maybe you'll get much better at it.

BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zillag: it was LITERALLY one panel, and you determined it was a "stalemate"

@20damon said:

@toratorn:

Sentry got knocked AWAY by Thor and no sold everything Thor threw at him later on, even when Thor was amped by the Norn stones. Not denying Sentry's inconsistency, but to say that Thor one shotted him during siege is incorrect at best and outright lies at worst.

He's really trolling at this point.

BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By BlessedbyHorus

@kevd4wg said:
@toratorn said:

And based on this. WHy should ANYTHING you say regarding the Sentry be taken seriously? You even claimed that his fight with WW Hulk was an outlier. lol. And I consider you a good debater. Like serious? If you dislike a character then cool but you don't have to be like @toratorn making up myths. And doesn't Asgard have magical properties?