Ignia (God Dragon) vs Acnologia (Dragon King)

legend531

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@elfwho: By just seeing a very small portion of Ignia's flame can do to Natsu is already one of the most Impressive feat in FT. He was even mocking Mercuphobia by saying to Natsu that are you seriously struggling with this guy??(Something like that, Can't remember the exact wording). This itself puts Ignia above anyone in the Series so far and most likely that he will be the Final antagonist in 100 year quest. Very likely that he is the Strongest God Dragon out of the 5.

Edgelord91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@legend531: ignia also pointed out mercphobia only had 50% of his power

Avatar image for deactivated-5f5852a1ad297
deactivated-5f5852a1ad297

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@elfwho: By just seeing a very small portion of Ignia's flame can do to Natsu is already one of the most Impressive feat in FT. He was even mocking Mercuphobia by saying to Natsu that are you seriously struggling with this guy??(Something like that, Can't remember the exact wording). This itself puts Ignia above anyone in the Series so far and most likely that he will be the Final antagonist in 100 year quest. Very likely that he is the Strongest God Dragon out of the 5.

Acnologia still has the better feats lol.

CyberBlades22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Acnologia wins even pre ROT tho with high to extreme diff, ROT Acnologia wins with far greater ease than that.

GrandTOAA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By GrandTOAA

Unless proven or shown otherwise, Acnologia is still the strongest character in the entire series.

Avatar image for deactivated-6349385499256
deactivated-6349385499256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Acnolagia wins til we get decent feats from Ignia

legend531

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ignia wins. Especially with all the hype

Kingxix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Kingxix

Acnologia god stomps.

In the latest q/a mashima has clearly stated that acnologia is the strongest character in ft.

So now if anything the other dragon gods do acnologia will scale above them

gogito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kingxix: Do you have a scan and a link of that please. I'd like to see it for my self

Kingxix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Kingxix

@gogito: I got that from someone else but I think it's on Twitter

These are some of the things I heard;

- Fairy Tail 100 Year Quest has a plan on where it's going, but it has not been decided how long it will be and what the ending will be has not been decided yet either

- Hiro said that once 100 Year Quest ends, he may end up making a Next Gen series if the fans really want it

- Acnologia is without a doubt the strongest character in the original series

gogito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kingxix: Yeah ok. Sure he is the strongest in the Anime of "Fairy Tail"

But 100 year quest is different. That doesn't mean he is the strongest in 100 year quest.

This would certainly be a very close battle

Dimitri1220

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kingxix said:

@gogito: I got that from someone else but I think it's on Twitter

These are some of the things I heard;

- Fairy Tail 100 Year Quest has a plan on where it's going, but it has not been decided how long it will be and what the ending will be has not been decided yet either

- Hiro said that once 100 Year Quest ends, he may end up making a Next Gen series if the fans really want it

- Acnologia is without a doubt the strongest character in the original series

He's strongest in original anime, before the introduction of the dragon gods.

floridaman29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Acnologia is still stronger than the dragon gods especially in his strongest form.

DekuNumber1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By DekuNumber1

Honestly I would say Ignia. Unless we're talking about RoT Acnologia.

Avatar image for sakamaki_izayoi
Sakamaki_Izayoi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@legend531: That’s doesn’t make Ignia stronger. He was talking to Natsu , stating that he’s having trouble fighting a HALF POWERED Dragon God, telling him it isn’t even his full potential. This itself doesn’t claim he’s stronger.

Avatar image for sakamaki_izayoi
Sakamaki_Izayoi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

People need to stop assuming who’s stronger. Ignia hasn’t shown any feats whatsoever. He simply caught a town on fire for Natsu to eat. Natsu beating Mercphobia doesn’t claim Ignia stronger either as Natsu defeated a HALF POWERED Dragon God, using the power of another one. Not only that, Selene stated that each Dragon God has the power to rival the other’s. Ignia was the only one who claimed they surpassed Acnologia but that can’t be confirmed as he even said, “not to avenge Igneel, but to test my strength.” Showing that he, himself, doesn’t even know the extended of his power even against Acnologia. So far, we can’t claim who’s stronger as the other opponent doesn’t have enough feats.

JDogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Acno clapping.

cocacolaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By cocacolaman  Moderator

Acnologia took over the world in an alternate future.

Avatar image for deactivated-62feb2f6d86f1
deactivated-62feb2f6d86f1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Acnologia stomps. DGs are proven fodders for him.

JustBeRad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What are Ignia’s feats?

Avatar image for deactivated-6135014521cf3
deactivated-6135014521cf3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Acnologia took over the world in an alternate future.

Worthless considering Mashima didn't even come up with the idea for the sequel until years later.

cocacolaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 cocacolaman  Moderator

@phie2: That’s about as relevant as saying that all of Acnologia’s durability feats pre-Alvarez are worthless because Mashima didn’t come up with Acnologia’s magic immunity until years later. It’s canon, so it’s worth.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cocacolaman: They aren't anywhere near the same thing.

Acnologia didn't take over a world that included the Dragon God's so you're argument is useless.

Acno tanked Igneel's nukes because of his magic immunity pre-Alvarez so I have no idea what you're talking about.

cocacolaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 cocacolaman  Moderator

@phie2: Using your logic, Mashima didn't come up with Acnologia's magic immunity until "years later" than he had Acnologia tanking Igneel's attacks, so Acnologia has no magic immunity feats aside from what happened in Alvarez. That's not how it works, the world has an established canon and the canon states Acnologia took over the world, a world in which the Dragon Gods live. The argument that "Mashima didn't think of it at the time so it's worthless" holds no water.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Was stated that all 5 DGs are comparable, so Selene is proven fodder for Acnologia by her own feats.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RoT Acnologia > Pre-RoT Acnologia >>> Igneel >= Ignia

Etherious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RoT Acnologia > Pre-RoT Acnologia >= Ignia

GrandTOAA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Like I said almost a year ago, Acnologia still is the strongest character in the verse

B1gJu1ce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ROT Acno>>>Dragon gods=Base/Dragon Acno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cocacolaman: Can you prove to me that Mashima didn't already didn't have it laid out? Mashima already created Acno's character from the beginning and it makes sense as to why Igneel couldn't hurt him during Tartarus and FT couldn't hurt him in Tenrou.

Yes, as per the Canon and Mashima himself, Acno took over a world that the DG don't exist in.

Plus, trying to use that instead of an argument using feats and such is just as laughable.

Ot: Ignia takes it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@phie2: Canon is still canon and according to canon Acno is the strongest guy in series (not trashgon gods) and S12 are the strongest wizards in series (not trashablos). Ignia ain't beating someone, who has magical invincibility and whooped his daddy at his prime 400 years ago.

cocacolaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 cocacolaman  Moderator

@phie2: I can prove it as well as you can prove to me that the Dragon Gods weren't planned out, since the Hundred Year Quest was introduced early on and stated the Dragon Gods existed in the original series. Not that it matters, because that's not how writing works. Death of the Author. Even if Mashima had absolutely no idea he'd make the Dragon Gods, that's irrelevant since, by making them, he added them to the lore completely.

Don't know what makes you think you have the right to call anything laughable, but if we ignore this argument, there's still the fact that Acnologia is immune to Ignia's magic attacks, uses a magic that is super effective in killing people like Ignia, and there's no reason to believe that they are on any different level of physical ability with current information.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cocacolaman: I can prove it to you, he literally says so in the afterword in the final chapter of the original series. I can't post it here since I'm on my phone however. And no, you don't just get added in like a puzzle piece because that doesn't make sense.

I said it's laughable because using that logic holds just as much value as me saying Ignia is stronger because he said so.

Acnologia isn't immune to magic, he's highly resistant just as all the other slayers are. We've Natsu get damaged to fire, Gray to ice, and Wendy to wind. Acnologia in the end was killed to a magic attack when compromised.

Ignia's magic is still dragon slaying magic I'm pretty sure. I could be wrong about that so correct me if I am.

They don't need to be on a different level physically. Igneel (who was half dead and laid dormant for years inside Natsu) was able to rip off Acnologia's arm and knock him down. Ignia is stronger than Igneel and is "in his prime" in a sense. I don't see why he can't do better.

Necromancer76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Acnologia

Avatar image for deactivated-61423fe5bd36e
deactivated-61423fe5bd36e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A weakened and dying Igneel ripped off Acnologia's arm. Ignia whos way stronger than a dying igneel should be able to rip his entire body off. If it's RoT Acnologia then he high diffs.

Invincible-Psi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

achnologia.

in the future rogue timeline, he ruled the world and killed all the dragons.

unless I forgot something, there is no indication that igna was not one of them.

achnologia wins

vex_haid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A weakened and dying Igneel ripped off Acnologia's arm. Ignia whos way stronger than a dying igneel should be able to rip his entire body off. If it's RoT Acnologia then he high diffs.

wheres your proof that ignias way stronger than a dying igneel? and igneel was already dead lol

vex_haid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RoT Acnologia > Pre-RoT Acnologia >>> Igneel >= Ignia

cap
igneel>>>>>ignia

prime igneel>>>pre-rot acnologia (without soul rip)>half dead igneel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vex_haid: Igneel > Ignia definitely, but idk in what degree

Avatar image for deactivated-61423fe5bd36e
deactivated-61423fe5bd36e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vex_haid said:

@silvercarrot said:

wheres your proof that ignias way stronger than a dying igneel? and igneel was already dead lol

Are you seriously trying to debate that a dying igneel was stronger than any DG tier dragons?

Avatar image for deactivated-63e4c52ea7a93
deactivated-63e4c52ea7a93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dragon Gods were compared to Acnologia from 400 years prior to the start of the series. They're no match for him based on what we know.

LameLiarLeo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RoT Acno>Ignia>pre RoT acno

vex_haid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vex_haid said:

@silvercarrot said:

Are you seriously trying to debate that a dying igneel was stronger than any DG tier dragons?

yes dying igneel is stronger then DG's

and you need to prove that ignia literally scales to half dead igneel cause he doesn't unless he shows feats stop claiming that hes way stronger lmao

vex_haid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

JDogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By JDogg

Acno stomps. DG are not his tier as shown by them getting spanked by people who are far less than him. Touka, Base Zeref and Suzaki could dispatch a DG, these guys would have been fodderized by Acno.

Also Igneel ripping off his arm is bcs Acno did not take Igneel as a real challenge. He already whooped Prime Igneel and the other Parent Dragons at the same time without any scars.

REQUIEMCROSS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Unless Ignia gain a magic similar to the magic power of the Fairy tail guild, Acnologia will win.

gdara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Acnologia takes the win.

vex_haid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jdogg said:

Acno stomps. DG are not his tier as shown by them getting spanked by people who are far less than him. Touka, Base Zeref and Suzaki could dispatch a DG, these guys would have been fodderized by Acno.

Also Igneel ripping off his arm is bcs Acno did not take Igneel as a real challenge. He already whooped Prime Igneel and the other Parent Dragons at the same time without any scars.

Touka caught merc off guard but i agree that the DG are not his tier

and lmao at acno not taking igneel as a challenge wtf? he was literally going bloodlusted on him and the only way acno beat prime igneel was cause he ripped his soul out, if acno did not use soul-rip on prime igneel then igneel would have stomped his ass

JDogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vex_haid: Merc wasn't caught off guard, his secretary only brought Touka to cleanse his MP amd he got it forcibly taken from him.

Zeref already stated that Acno has never been challenged. He has never been forced to use his full power in a fight. Prime Igneel isn't stopping Acno, he's already been stomped and soul rip isn't working unless the opponent is actually KOed. Even Happy has resisted soul rip lol.

BlueJaytheWiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dragon Gods don’t have resistance to magic (as seen with Selene), so Ignia can only hold Acnologia off for so long