• 85 results
#1 Posted by Frocharocha (6283 posts) - - Show Bio

Title says all. Can the most powerful guy on Earth defeat the most powerful alien?

Thanos only have 5 of the 6 stones.

No Caption Provided

VS

No Caption Provided

#2 Posted by cromulor (2459 posts) - - Show Bio

Wh- ... which five?!

#3 Posted by Subline (8680 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah you really need to specify which 5 Stones.

Anyway, I'm assuming he has all stones barring the Time Stone.

OT: Thanos turns him into blocks.

#4 Posted by Soratoumiga (3616 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos.

#5 Posted by Eobard21 (6390 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos stomps

Avatar image for diarrhearegatta
#6 Posted by DiarrheaRegatta (5725 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos, it really doesn't matter what five he is using

#7 Edited by miekskywalker (2480 posts) - - Show Bio

The only use his needs from those gems are to look pretty

#8 Posted by Aka_aka_aka_ak (3211 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh for fuck sake, this has been done about a trillion times by now. You'll get some people say Thanos stomps, you'll get the rest of us that realise that there's no way he's ever getting to close his fist and so gets slaughtered, but there's nothing new to add.

#9 Edited by Gaoron (9135 posts) - - Show Bio

Speed can only get you so far. Thanos haxes him to death. Clark can win if he has knowledge on the gauntlet tho.

#10 Posted by The_Kidd (12321 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh for fuck sake, this has been done about a trillion times by now. You'll get some people say Thanos stomps, you'll get the rest of us that realise that there's no way he's ever getting to close his fist and so gets slaughtered, but there's nothing new to add.

Pretty much this.

#11 Posted by incursion2 (2244 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos stomps

#12 Posted by TheVVitchKing (1038 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman needs knowledge to win otherwise his blitzs are pretty useless giving everything Thanos tanked in Endgame he would just get up and wipe him from existence

Avatar image for supermanforever
#13 Edited by Supermanforever (8969 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman blitzes takes gauntlet and trashes him.

#14 Posted by superman52445 (472 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos wins with stones. without them, superman splashes him.

#15 Posted by death4bunnies (1704 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos got a bunch of durability feats in Endgame, I feel like that adds to the discussion.

#16 Edited by WastelandMan (8817 posts) - - Show Bio

I like when people use the ComicVine version of DCEU Superman who apparently is omniscient and knows what the Infinity Gauntlet is and how it works and who also apparently always uses his superspeed to never let their opponent even move or attack despite his actual version never doing this once even against Steppenwolf lol

#17 Edited by GXrevs06 (4911 posts) - - Show Bio

Clark blitzes. If a group consisting of Strange, Spiderman, Iron Man could almost defeat him and remove the Glove, Clark shouldn't any have issues, especially considering the colossal speed gap. His hax almost does not matter here.

Avatar image for rudebomberboy01
#18 Posted by RudeBomberBoy01 (4555 posts) - - Show Bio

DCEU fanboys eyy, gotta love em and their precious unbeatable Superman lol

Thanos turns him into dust.

Avatar image for rudebomberboy01
#19 Posted by RudeBomberBoy01 (4555 posts) - - Show Bio

@gxrevs06:

You forgot the part where they prepped against him, I see you also missed out Mantis being a crucial point in "almost" defeating Thanos. Very convenient indeed 🤔

#20 Posted by Buckstop (115 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulkbuster almost blitzed him when he had five stones. Bucky stepped up and tagged him, Captain America got in his face, tagged him and grappled with him, Wanda held him off with five stones by herself. And I'm suppose to believe Superman, who blitzes all the time, wouldn't just blitz him right off the bat.

Superman gets a shiny new glove.

Avatar image for thebestofthebest
#21 Posted by ThEBeStOfTheBeST (12143 posts) - - Show Bio

If Superman isn't aware of the stones, Superman cease to exist. Otherwise, he'd super-speed-snatch the glove and use it to snap Thanos out of existence, or simply throw it into outer space and then proceed to stomp on Thanos's face.

#22 Edited by Mister_Surreal (11447 posts) - - Show Bio
#23 Edited by Buckstop (115 posts) - - Show Bio

@wastelandman said:

I like when people use the ComicVine version of DCEU Superman who apparently is omniscient and knows what the Infinity Gauntlet is and how it works and who also apparently always uses his superspeed to never let their opponent even move or attack despite his actual version never doing this once even against Steppenwolf lol

No Caption Provided

#24 Posted by Namebk (813 posts) - - Show Bio

The reality stone and time stone are too strong to be used in battle.

#25 Edited by WastelandMan (8817 posts) - - Show Bio

@buckstop said:
@wastelandman said:

No Caption Provided

Happened more than half-way into the fight with the JL where she had plenty of chances to attack before this. I'm talking right off the bat, never letting his opponents move or attack even once like many people like to pretend he does. Not to mention he already knew how Diana's braces worked.

#26 Posted by Eobard21 (6390 posts) - - Show Bio

Ahhhh shit here we go again

Avatar image for sasukemilesmorales
#27 Posted by sasukemilesmorales (471 posts) - - Show Bio

@buckstop: very convenient how you showed a gif of a supes with morals of speed blitzing wonder woman who thanos could put the beat down on lol

#28 Edited by Waxseruya (359 posts) - - Show Bio
#29 Edited by Buckstop (115 posts) - - Show Bio

@wastelandman said:
@buckstop said:
@wastelandman said:

No Caption Provided

Happened more than half-way into the fight with the JL where she had plenty of chances to attack before this. I'm talking right off the bat, never letting his opponents move or attack even once like many people like to pretend he does. Not to mention he already knew how Diana's braces worked.

He reacted to everything though. Flash blitzing him, Aquaman's trident, Diana's lasso throw. He had amnesia in the scene, he didn't even know who he was. He didn't remember how Diana's bracers worked, he didn't even remember Diana. It's absolutely in character for him to blitz and stop attacks.

#30 Posted by Buckstop (115 posts) - - Show Bio

@buckstop: very convenient how you showed a gif of a supes with morals of speed blitzing wonder woman who thanos could put the beat down on lol

He wasn't morals off just confused, and I don't think Thanos would beat Wonder Woman 1v1 but that's a discussion for another thread.

#31 Edited by ThEBeStOfTheBeST (12143 posts) - - Show Bio

A side note, Superman has always been FTS in combat since the very beginning of the MoS, the director/Zack Snyder and the VFX team supervisor slowed down the smallville and metropolis fighting scenes, deliberately, so that the audience (basically, us) could witness the Kryptonians movements, and perceive the whole fights. Likewise, they gave us and I quote "visual cues, or mach cones", if you play the fighting scenes at x0.25 speed you'll notice that pressure wave around their fists as they swing at each other, that's called a mach cone, and it only occurs when the sound barrier is broken. With that said, DCEU Superman is extremely consistent with using his speed in combat, including flight, speedblitzing is his signature move for god's sake. He can making 90 degree turns pretty damn casually and throw punches, and kick and dodge whilst flying at hypersonic speeds, and the Justice League pretty much highlighted it, and that's all.

#32 Posted by Eobard21 (6390 posts) - - Show Bio
#33 Edited by Waxseruya (359 posts) - - Show Bio
#34 Posted by Buckstop (115 posts) - - Show Bio

@waxseruya: I was never arguing the gems potency. I'm disputing his opportunity to use it.

#35 Posted by Eobard21 (6390 posts) - - Show Bio
#36 Edited by WastelandMan (8817 posts) - - Show Bio

@buckstop said:

He reacted to everything though. Flash blitzing him, Aquaman's trident, Diana's lasso throw. He had amnesia in the scene, he didn't even know who he was.

No he didn't. Off the top of my head I distinctly recall that Cyborg tagged him twice and Diana got him with a shield bash. The point is he didn't just keep them frozen like statues there's more than 3 minutes of him just letting the JL attack him. If he's going to allow all of that then obviously Thanos has plenty of time to clench his fist multiple times.

He didn't remember how Diana's bracers worked, he didn't even remember Diana lol.

His memories were returning to him, especially after Diana used her Lasso. I guess whether he fully recalled Diana's weapon isn't absolutely certain but it's besides the main point either way.

It's absolutely in character for him to blitz and stop attacks.

He wouldn't even know Thanos curling his hand is an attack. Again, all Thanos needs to do is clench his fist and seeing just how much Superman has allowed literally everyone he's ever fought get away with, are you seriously suggesting Thanos won't be able to flex his hand?

#37 Edited by Waxseruya (359 posts) - - Show Bio

@buckstop: @eobard21: Look at feat and stop wank.

Speed blitzes can't hurt batman in suit.

durability Thanos >>> durability batman in armor.

No Caption Provided

Teeth parademon >>> punch superman (Steppenwolf can't stand up by parademon bite)

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Grenade launcher >>> punch superman (grenade launcher can hurt aquaman)

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

#38 Posted by ThEBeStOfTheBeST (12143 posts) - - Show Bio
#39 Edited by Waxseruya (359 posts) - - Show Bio
#40 Posted by ThEBeStOfTheBeST (12143 posts) - - Show Bio
#41 Posted by arqe (831 posts) - - Show Bio

So then why is okay to assume Thanos just erases people, rewinds time or do other things with the stones ? Because he has done none of it, and when he did use power stone, space stone as offensive, nothing happened to his opponents, they get up and continue fighting.

Also yes Superman is blitzin people since his 1st movie. Yes he failed against Faora since she started utilizing speed almost instantly when she had yellow sun radiation but still he tried it all the time. Nam-Ek, Zod. In BvS he blitzed Doomsday right and left most of the time, did it work ? Not much but he did it anyways. He remembered Wonder Woman bracelet clash and blitzed her instantly before she can do her move. So how is he not blitzin anyone again ?

#42 Posted by destinyman75 (15116 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol thanost with Stones beats the league let alone just clark

#43 Edited by Buckstop (115 posts) - - Show Bio

@wastelandman:

No he didn't. Off the top of my head I distinctly recall that Cyborg tagged him twice and Diana got him with a shielf bash. The point is he didn't just keep them frozen like statues there's more than 3 minutes of him just letting the JL attack him. If he's going to allow all of that then obviously Thanos has plenty of time to clench his fist multiple times.

He was in a confused state. I believe this battle is in character, so that doesn't really apply. Cyborg did tag him once with a laser blast and Diana with a shield bash, but if you're referring to Cyborg "tagging" him when he was simultaneously holding Aquaman and Wonder Woman, that's kind of a reach. Captain America tagged and grappled with Thanos when he had five stones, several others had plenty of time to tag him. If Superman can get a hold of him even once he's not stupid, he'll see Thanos trying to close his fist and stop it.

His memories were returning to him, especially after Diana used her Lasso. I guess whether he fuly recalled Diana's weapon isn't absulutely certain but it's besides the main point either way.

He had amnesia. He resisted the lasso and still didn't know who he was until Lois arrived.

He wouldn't even know Thanos curling his hand is an attack. Again, all Thanos needs to do is clench his fist and seeing just how much Superman has allowed literally everyone he's ever fought get away with, are you seriously suggesting Thanos won't be able to flex his hand?

You're complaining about an auto speedblitzing DCEU Superman while simultaneously inventing headcanon about an auto fist closing MCU Thanos that erases people or turns them to blocks instantly. He had plenty of opportunities to do that and didn't and almost got defeated twice, on Titan and Wakanda if he didn't have the time stone. Spider-Man tagged him, the Guardians tagged him, Iron Man grappled and tagged him and blocked his power gem blasts, Strange battled him and blocked his blasts, Captain America tagged and grappled with him. If you want to use actual in character feats we see on screen, an auto blitzing Superman is more likely than your auto fist closing Thanos. Superman actually does blitz all the time, and seeing a weapon like his glove, he'll put a stop to it, likely breaking Thanos's arm in the process with superior strength.

#44 Posted by Waxseruya (359 posts) - - Show Bio
#45 Edited by WastelandMan (8817 posts) - - Show Bio

@arqe said:
@wastelandman said:

So then why is okay to assume Thanos just erases people, rewinds time or do other things with the stones ?

I never said he'd do any of these things.

Because he has done none of it, and when he did use power stone, space stone as offensive, nothing happened to his opponents, they get up and continue fighting.

In Infinity War, Thanos wasn't willing to kill the heroes but incap most of them. He can still do that here and just use the reality stone to one-shot or the space stone to restrain/crush which he can seeing as how that same stone can crush moons. If he has the mind set he had in End Game then he'd go for the kill.

Also yes Superman is blitzin people since his 1st movie. Yes he failed against Faora since she started utilizing speed almost instantly when she had yellow sun radiation but still he tried it all the time. Nam-Ek, Zod. In BvS he blitzed Doomsday right and left most of the time, did it work ? Not much but he did it anyways. He remembered Wonder Woman bracelet clash and blitzed her instantly before she can do her move. So how is he not blitzin anyone again ?

In every single fight he's let his opponents attack him and move around. Hell even Steppenwolf was allowed by Superman to swing at him multiple times but you seriously think Thanos isn't even going to be able to clench his fist?

#46 Posted by ThEBeStOfTheBeST (12143 posts) - - Show Bio

@waxseruya: I'm not even arguing for Superman.. smh.

#47 Posted by Buckstop (115 posts) - - Show Bio
#48 Posted by Mister_Surreal (11447 posts) - - Show Bio

@rudebomberboy01: You forgot the part where Superman can take off the giant sky with ease.

#49 Posted by Mister_Surreal (11447 posts) - - Show Bio

@thebestofthebest: That guy is a lunatic who made about 5 accounts that got banned, ignore him.

#50 Posted by ThEBeStOfTheBeST (12143 posts) - - Show Bio