IG Thanos(MCU) Vs Post-Crisis Superman, New-52 Superman, and Smallville Superman.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b3e40c1c0bb8
deactivated-5b3e40c1c0bb8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

IG Thanos.

Image result for mcu thanos ig

Supermen.

Image result for post crisis superman

Image result for new 52 superman

Image result for smallville superman season 11

• Morals off.
  • Speed equalized.
  • Who wins?

Laurus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Uh, Thanos snaps his fingers.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4
deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Snap

Kevd4wg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Speed Equalized? Snaps

KanyeCosby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Any of the Supermen solo by one shotting.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f5eba8f0a2dd
deactivated-5f5eba8f0a2dd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Any of the Supermen solo by one shotting.

Kayne just no, they get snap faded with speed equalized.

KanyeCosby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tonymartial: None of the people Thanos erased are anywhere near as powerful as any of the Supermen. Smallville Superman alone in the season 11 tie in comic survived interdimensional energy capable of erasing anything in the univers, including the universe itself.

Thanos doesn’t have a single feat to suggest he can tank a punch from any of the Supermen.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d731ee5de2e9
deactivated-5d731ee5de2e9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They heat vision his face off or freeze him

ganon15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They heat vision his face off or freeze him

Battle123axe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

vsw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

*Snap*

jashugan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

all three supes punch in his general direction and kill him

vsw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kanyecosby: Speed is equalised which means they won't even get the chance to hit Thanos before he Snaps his fingers , or turn them into ribbons etc

FlashFyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Post-crisis Superman defies the laws of reality, so...

Tightskin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Smallville solos

RR79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vsw said:

@kanyecosby: Speed is equalised which means they won't even get the chance to hit Thanos before he Snaps his fingers , or turn them into ribbons etc

I don't know as much about New 52 Superman, but I know that both Smallville Superman and Post Crisis Superman have resisted reality altering attacks before. Smallville Superman resisted an energy that was literally erasing the entire universe. So the finger snap thing likely will not work here.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49375365792
deactivated-5e49375365792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Post-crisis Superman and New 52 Superman one shot Thanos does not have feats for effecting people on that level of durability. Both new 52 Superman and post-crisis Superman one shot in a mismatch.

Smallville Superman to my knowledge however does get affected by Thanos. I do think Thanos can by pass his durability and defeat him. Overall this is a mismatch mainly due to post-crisis Superman.

Avatar image for thetopcontender
TheTopContender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By TheTopContender

I mean it's either heat vision oneshot or finger snap oneshot.

Pretty dumb scenario.

I guess the heat vision wins maybe since it's quicker to do, even with speed equalised?

HATSoffMELO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hatsoffmelo: how is he (thanos) even remotely affecting someone as durable as new 52 Superman let alone post-crisis Superman who is massively more durable than anyone Thanos has effected ?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rr79:

Smallville Superman resisted an energy that was literally erasing the entire universe.

I don't remember that is that from season 11 ?

HATSoffMELO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hatsoffmelo: how is he (thanos) even remotely affecting someone as durable as new 52 Superman let alone post-crisis Superman who is massively more durable than anyone Thanos has effected ?

can they tank Reality Warping

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@empressofdread said:

We follow a no limits fallacy on vine I am sure you were not aware. His attack erased fodders. Anywho post-crisis Superman yes resisted reality warping. He can one shot with his heat vision.

Airgetlam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I feel as though people already are forgetting that the finger snap doesn't work instantly. This is likely a stalemate; there's nothing to really stop the Supermen from just killing Thanos before they turn to cornflakes.

BruceVeidt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By BruceVeidt

The hype is too much.

How is Thanos even dealing with Smallville? He pretty much tanked reality warping.

The people Thanos killed are fodder compared to these Supermen. Remember this is not the same Thanos as in the comics, and the gems and the IG are not as powerful.

Unless he, as many say, snaps someone as durable as these Supermen in the MCU, then there's no evidence he could in fact do anything to them.

HATSoffMELO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hatsoffmelo said:
@empressofdread said:

We follow a no limits fallacy on vine I am sure you were not aware. His attack erased fodders. Anywho post-crisis Superman yes resisted reality warping. He can one shot with his heat vision.

it Erased half the Universe

Jexsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I feel as though people already are forgetting that the finger snap doesn't work instantly. This is likely a stalemate; there's nothing to really stop the Supermen from just killing Thanos before they turn to cornflakes.

Uhm... it actually did.

jashugan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By jashugan

@jexsu: it didn't. people's bodies we're erasing as they we're moving and talking

@hatsoffmelo: it killed half the people in the universe

BruceVeidt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@empressofdread said:
@hatsoffmelo said:
@empressofdread said:

A much weaker universe than the one he erased in the comics. He snapped fodder.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@empressofdread said:
@hatsoffmelo said:
@empressofdread said:

Yeah. Half the universe but we only see fodders being erased. Take it like this Superman can survive Supernova which already is something beyond what Thanos showed. He got hurt by Iron Man from the MCU got help up by Spiderwebs low strength also they almost won when Thor striked his chest instead of his head. He is getting one shot by the heat vision or a slap take your pick. Superman (post-crisis) already resisted reality warping that was effecting way more durable opponents there like Wonder Woman, Martian Manhunter etc. All in the same league as post-crisis Superman yet Superman resisted it, so there is that.

Also I see people claiming Smallville Superman resisted as well. While I am not too sure on that I don't remember him doing that. Anyway by your logic Thanos can defeat 616 Thor and Hulk just because they don't resist the fodders being erased, even though they are massively more durable?

Danikerhino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bruceveidt: You guys seems to be forgetting that it wasn't Thanos that got rid of those characters, it was all the damn stones put together. The Supes get included with the dead.

RR79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rr79:

Smallville Superman resisted an energy that was literally erasing the entire universe.

Yes, it's from the season 11 comics.

Jexsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashugan said:

@jexsu: it didn't. people's bodies we're erasing as they we're moving and talking

@hatsoffmelo: it killed half the people in the universe

Uhm... yes it did. The moment he snapped his finger, which was instant, the affects of the Stones began to work. Bodies were disintegrating, even those unknown and in motion. What's to stop that from affecting Superman, and how is Superman going to do anything when no other could while being disintegrated?

BruceVeidt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bruceveidt: You guys seems to be forgetting that it wasn't Thanos that got rid of those characters, it was all the damn stones put together. The Supes get included with the dead.

We are all aware of that...?

As i said above, the stones are not as powerful as in the comics, the gauntlet isn't too. Stormbreaker blocked a full gauntlet blast. It was clear the producers wanted a much weaker version for the film.

These Supermen already resisted things much more powerful than a fodder-erasing gauntlet.

jashugan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By jashugan

@jexsu: the same way thor, iron man and big cap weren't erased. Supes will just stay there looking at Thanos. disintegrating isn't instant. Blacc Panther was able to talk to the other woman, spidey was able to talk to iron man.

Danikerhino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bruceveidt: The worst he got was heat vision. Heat vision<<<<<<<<A weapon made in a neutron star.

Besides, Thanks had the Gauntlet for like a minute before Thor came around. He just did some reflex attack as oppose to a premeditated full-power blast. He didn't even know what was thrown at him at the moment. It looks like any other weapon from far away.

Jexsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashugan said:

@jexsu: the same way thor, iron man and big cap weren't erased. Supes will just stay there looking at Thanos. disintegrating isn't instant.

In the flash of Thanos snapping his finger, disintegration began. If Superman is the only one there fighting Thanos, it's safe to say that he's going to be disintegrated, especially if Thanos wills it -- you know, since he willed half the Universe away. Not only that, using just the Power Stone, Thanos destroyed Xandar, remember?

xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not really convinced thanos can "snap" away such high tier beings

BruceVeidt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bruceveidt: The worst he got was heat vision. Heat vision<<<<<<<<A weapon made in a neutron star.

Besides, Thanks had the Gauntlet for like a minute before Thor came around. He just did some reflex attack as oppose to a premeditated full-power blast. He didn't even know what was thrown at him at the moment. It looks like any other weapon from far away.

Are you seriously implying post crisis/new 52/smallville's heat vision is leagues bellow MCU Stormbreaker? Have you even read any comics from these storylines to even imply that? Because by saying that it looks like you come from the new influx of members after each MCU movie.

Being forged in a neutron star does not mean the weapon holds the power of the star. Doesn't matter how long Thanos had the gauntlet, it is still a full gauntlet, it isn't getting much more powerful.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rr79 said:
@empressofdread said:

@rr79:

Hmm, I do remember him resisting magic and reality warping powers from some mutants. I think he also went pasts Mxys jinx when he appeared in one episode where he saves Lana all while winning the football match as well, but I watched it so long back I forget. Thanos MCU still is not on the level of being in the same league as comic book high tiers this is all hype and violated the no limits fallacy.

jashugan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jexsu: thanos destroyed xandar off-screen, no one knows how. There are three supermen here than have enough feats to kill Thanos.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xzone said:

You are right he cant. Its called a no limits fallacy. We have to assume Thanos has limits. No one is really limitless apart from omnipotents. Unless he shows feats than can turn to ashes opponents that are even remotely comparable to these guys he does not stand a chance of being even in the same ball park even with speed equalized.

xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@empressofdread: mhm, like I think he could prob snap away the entire Justice league from the DCEU, but comics are a whole other ball game

BruceVeidt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rr79 said:
@empressofdread said:

@rr79:

Hmm, I do remember him resisting magic and reality warping powers from some mutants. I think he also went pasts Mxys jinx when he appeared in one episode where he saves Lana all while winning the football match as well, but I watched it so long back I forget. Thanos MCU still is not on the level of being in the same league as comic book high tiers this is all hype and violated the no limits fallacy.

@xzone said:

You are right he cant. Its called a no limits fallacy. We have to assume Thanos has limits. No one is really limitless apart from omnipotents. Unless can turn to ashed opponents that are even remotely comparable to these guys he does not stand a chance of being even in the same ball park even with speed equalized.

This is like the hype WW got after the movie. Some even claimed she was skyfather level.

The fact Thanos was getting his ass handed to him with a full gauntlet is enough evidence that he is not even in the same league as comics Thanos. Hell, not even in the same sport.

He "snapped" fodder.

RR79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rr79 said:
@empressofdread said:

@rr79:

If I'm not mistaken he was able to avoid Mxy in the show because they had found a specific frequency that canceled out his powers. But yeah in season 11 comics he resisted the bleed that was erasing the entire universe. And I agree that MCU Thanos is not on the same level as his comic counterpart without the gauntlet. With the gauntlet(remember, he has only had all the stones for literally a few minutes in the movie) he hasn't shown everything that his comic counterpart could, but the snapping his fingers and wiping out half of the universe is pretty high tier even for comics. Remember, this isn't a limit to the gauntlet/stones, that was his plan from the start. He wanted to wipe half the life of the universe so that the other half would have more resources because on the planet he grew up everyone was hungry all the time...etc. And I put it behind a spoiler just in case someone that hasn't seen the movie reads my post. But again, because at least two of these that I know of have resisted reality warping including the same type of reality warping, I don't think the finger snap would be enough here and we haven't seen enough of the rest to know what all he could do with the full infinity gauntlet, so I would definitely vote for the Supermen, for now. It could change in the next Avengers movie, will just have to wait and see.

RR79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is like the hype WW got after the movie. Some even claimed she was skyfather level.

The fact Thanos was getting his ass handed to him with a full gauntlet is enough evidence that he is not even in the same league as comics Thanos. Hell, not even in the same sport.

He "snapped" fodder.

He never "got his ass handed to him with a full gauntlet". I do agree he is not on the same league as comic Thanos, but that part was wrong.

Jexsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashugan said:

@jexsu: thanos destroyed xandar off-screen, no one knows how. There are three supermen here than have enough feats to kill Thanos.

Thanos destroyed it off-screen, sure, but he had the Power Stone, nonetheless. That at least implies he used it, before arriving on Titan, and we saw him utilizing it on a moon in the foreground of the fight against Iron Man and Crew (breaking apart said moon and throwing chunks at the Heroes). What are these Supermen going to do, exactly? Rush and try to punch Thanos at the same speed Thanos can replicate...? Attempt to fire their combined Heat Vision...?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rr79: hmm. I think Thanos still needs more feats to effect more durable opponents. He affected fodders right half of the universe but we still don't know quite how much ? Also I do need to say that erasing fodders who are basically ants compared to new 52 Superman let alone post-crisis Superman is not really a great feat to put him against high tiers. But two Superman here can one shot. Smaville also could win not sure if he can one shot.

I don't remember how exactly they found a way to beat mxy, but now that you say it maybe thats how they did it. I am forgetting over time.

jashugan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jexsu: he used the space stone on the moon to bring chunks off the surface. These supermen will punch in Thanos direction and kill him. Heat vision will be fine too.

RR79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By RR79

@empressofdread said:

@rr79: hmm. I think Thanos still needs more feats to effect more durable opponents. He affected fodders right half of the universe but we still don't know quite how much ? Also I do need to say that erasing fodders who are basically ants compared to new 52 Superman let alone post-crisis Superman is not really a great feat to put him against high tiers. But two Superman here can one shot. Smaville also could win not sure if he can one shot.

I don't remember how exactly they found a way to be mxy, but now that you say it maybe thats how they did it. I am forgetting over time.

I wouldn't say they were all fodder as some were Avengers, including Dr Strange, Spider Man and a few others. But I do agree he needs more feats and he won't get that until Avengers 4(whatever it's title will be). And I completely understand forgetting over time. I remember a lot about Smallville, but I've probably forgot as much as I remember. That's why I try to refresh my memory at least once a year.