if vegeta went super saiyan instend of goku would he have beaten frieza?

• 50 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for over-nine-thousand
over-nine-thousand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

scienero:

while goku was still healing " vegeta was getting bodied by frieza until he had enough and with all his anger building up he finally transformed into a super saiyan".

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Avatar image for hydratedfubuki6
HydratedFubuki6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

His base form is less powerful than Base Goku.

I'm not sure but isn't SSJ basically a 50x multiplier to base form?

SSJBatdan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 SSJBatdan  Online

His base form is less powerful than Base Goku.

I'm not sure but isn't SSJ basically a 50x multiplier to base form?

Yes, it is. But actually, Vegeta's base wasn't far off from Goku. Goku had the kaioken. I'm guessing Vegeta could get an edge on regular Frieza but he'd be cocky that without a doubt he'd let him go to 100% then be defeated.

Bink_69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I have a feeling Vegeta would get too cocky and play around with Frieza until he goes 100%, in which case, I don't see Vegeta winning at all

Iron_Hand_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vegeta

TakenStew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

Baalhaddad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Baalhaddad

No, he was massively weaker than goku and that was before goku even started using the kaioken×20 so even if got a 50× amp he'd still be alot weaker than frieza much less 100% frieza

Noone1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wasn't Vegeta's power level around 500K or something? That's six times lower than Goku's 3 million.

ragegod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No..

Redshift_Bacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Redshift_Bacon  Online

Vegeta would get toasted probably. After smacking Frieza around for a bit, he would realize the disparity in their power, and allow Frieza to power up, believing he was invincible. But Vegeta was also already badly wounded. Frieza probably wouldnt need to go to 100% even. Vegeta was getting wrecked by a suppressed Frieza who was on roughly equal footing with Base Goku, so Vegeta is in no position to be taking on a full power Frieza. At this point in the series, Vegeta is also much more careless with his energy than Goku was, so hed probably wear himself out even faster.

LilYeezyWest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The only person he toyed around with during that arc was Zarbon and that was just to see his transformation, I fully believe Vegeta would just end off Frieza if he went super saiyan without playing around, so yes he would

Avatar image for ancient_0f_days
Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He's not gonna one-shot Frieza, so no

Drax5343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Drax5343

Mathematically no.

Vegeta would have had to start with a power level of more than 1.68 million.

Yet he got destroyed by 1% Frieza with a power level of 1.2 million.

Yes that does mean he was weaker than Piccolo.

Which leads me to believe Toriyama doesn’t know maths or maybe power levels aren’t linear.

Or maybe Piccolo was stronger than Vegeta.

The idea that 2nd form Frieza, Piccolo, 3rd form frieze and Vegeta were all in between 1 million and 1.2 million makes no sense.

It is also possible Frieza was lying about using only 1% of his power. (Which would explain why he was evenly matched with 3 million Goku but again Goku may have been holding back his base power- they were both playing around at that point after all)

Morningstar999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably not

over-nine-thousand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

over-nine-thousand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wasn't vegeta power level 250,000??

over-nine-thousand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wait no it was 2,500,000

SSJBatdan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 SSJBatdan  Online

@drax5343: Supposedly some sources say he was using 2%. But just cause he was only casually using less than Vegeta had, didn't mean he wasn't adding to it in attacks or to overpower.

Avatar image for greysentinel365
Greysentinel365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Frieza would have to use his full power at least. But Vegeta can't win with a base of 2.5mil.

TakenStew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By TakenStew22

I still think Vegeta would win with high diff. SSJ doesn't scale off of Kaioken btw, it scales off base.

LightSO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Frieza wins with his full power but loses using 50% power like he did against Goku pre-SSJ.

FirstOrder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vegeta at max probably had a base power of around 2 million with his final fight with Frieza after his zenkai from dende healing him. SS gives a 50 times boost so he wouldnt have enough power to against max power Frieza who has a powerlevel of 120 million. But I do see a way for Vegeta to win if right after he turns he blitzes and attacks Frieza full force before Frieza has a chance to power up remember Goku let him get to full power.

Drax5343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Isn't Freiza's full power only 70% because of 100%'s stamina issues ?

over-nine-thousand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

SSJBatdan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 SSJBatdan  Online

@drax5343 said:

Nah, he just has to end things quickly. He still gets his 150 mil PL, which Vegeta can't compete with. Knowing his own limitations in that form Frieza will try to end it quickly. He'll either resort to nuking the planet or the super destructo discs.

SuperPrimeTime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Goku beat Frieza with a power level of 150,000,000

Vegeta has a power level of 2,400,000 in his base form

As a super Saiyan he’d have a power level of 120,000,000

Frieza literally had a power level of 120,000,000 in his full power Final form

So they would be equal

SSJBatdan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 SSJBatdan  Online

Goku beat Frieza with a power level of 150,000,000

Vegeta has a power level of 2,400,000 in his base form

As a super Saiyan he’d have a power level of 120,000,000

Frieza literally had a power level of 120,000,000 in his full power Final form

So they would be equal

There's no official PL for Vegeta past 250,000.

SuperPrimeTime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ssjbatdan: that wouldn’t mean Frieza wins as Frieza was afraid to get caught in the blast of the planet in the original series so he wouldn’t outright blow up the planet in character.

That and Vegeta in SSJ note that we know his base form is 2.5 million could kill Frieza and flee in a pod, I personally don’t call them saiyan pods since they don’t use them exclusively.

SSJBatdan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 SSJBatdan  Online

@ssjbatdan: that wouldn’t mean Frieza wins as Frieza was afraid to get caught in the blast of the planet in the original series so he wouldn’t outright blow up the planet in character.

That and Vegeta in SSJ note that we know his base form is 2.5 million could kill Frieza and flee in a pod, I personally don’t call them saiyan pods since they don’t use them exclusively.

He survived the planet blowing up on him while he was half a body...and nothing says he was scared to blow up Namek outright. He miscalculated due to plot. He definitely intended it to blow up much more quickly.

SuperPrimeTime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By SuperPrimeTime

@ssjbatdan: I agree yes he did miscalculate but he didn’t want to get hit in the explosion that is what caused the miscalculation in the first place. Either that or Dragon ball Karakrot and Dragon ball Xenoverse 2 both got that explanation wrong which I doubt they did.

I might be wrong I’ll quickly check, no point arguing about stuff that can be easily checked anyway.

SSJBatdan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 SSJBatdan  Online

@ssjbatdan: I agree yes he did miscalculate but he didn’t want to get hit in the explosion that is what caused the miscalculation in the first place. Either that or Dragon ball Karakrot and Dragon ball Xenoverse 2 both got that explanation wrong which I doubt they did.

Still don't change that he'd do it if he had to, and Vegeta has no official PL past 250,000. Clearly, he's stronger than 3rd Form Frieza, but we have no idea how strong that form is. It could be only 1.5 million.

SuperPrimeTime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ssjbatdan: yes and no, what your forgetting is logic. Goku and Vegeta are both Saiyans and both get zenkai’s. The 250,000 power level is the power level after his fight with Recoome which’s as his third Zenkai. He still got another one we’re he basically asked Krillin to shot him while his guard was down then he had denda heal him. So the 250,000 isn’t the power level he when he fought Frieza by default. Goku himself received a zenkai from 180,000 to 3,000,000. For that reason alone we can draw a conclusion that if they had the same zenkai Vegeta would actually be stronger in base. Or at the very least on par with Frieza whose power level was far below that of a super Saiyan.

Hyena401

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Vegeta would have ended it faster. He won't play around and will go all out immediately

SSJBatdan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 SSJBatdan  Online

@ssjbatdan: yes and no, what your forgetting is logic. Goku and Vegeta are both Saiyans and both get zenkai’s. The 250,000 power level is the power level after his fight with Recoome which’s as his third Zenkai. He still got another one we’re he basically asked Krillin to shot him while his guard was down then he had denda heal him. So the 250,000 isn’t the power level he when he fought Frieza by default. Goku himself received a zenkai from 180,000 to 3,000,000. For that reason alone we can draw a conclusion that if they had the same zenkai Vegeta would actually be stronger in base. Or at the very least on par with Frieza whose power level was far below that of a super Saiyan.

I'm not forgetting logic. Vegeta was hit off guard from Krillin. Zenkai's rely on the opponent's strength, too. You're just making up a number from nowhere. And we don't know Frieza's 3rd Form PL.

Goku's PL was 90,000.

SuperPrimeTime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ssjbatdan: if Goku’s power level was only 90,000 it doesn’t help your argument at all. And the opponents power has nothing to do with it, it only has to do with recovering from a near death state. Think logically why would the way your get brought too a near death state affect the state your in, at the end of the day your still in a near death state. I personally can’t even understand what your getting at?

SSJBatdan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 SSJBatdan  Online

@ssjbatdan: if Goku’s power level was only 90,000 it doesn’t help your argument at all. And the opponents power has nothing to do with it, it only has to do with recovering from a near death state. Think logically why would the way your get brought too a near death state affect the state your in, at the end of the day your still in a near death state. I personally can’t even understand what your getting at?

Just pointing out a fact.

Yes, it does.

Think logically about how b/s the zenkais all were. They were just used as a way to get the Saiyans up to Frieza. Their jumps have no consistency.

Facts are, Goku was significantly stronger than Vegeta, even without kaioken. Vegeta wouldn't be able to match Frieza's 100%, and even if he could, he wouldn't have a significant edge over him. He'd just breach the planet's core and Vegeta wouldn't have time to defeat him.

SuperPrimeTime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ssjbatdan: Your argument went completely devoid of logic. Your saying your using logic but listen to yourself.

You just stated Goku had a power level of 90,000 before jumping to 3,000,000. That means Zenkai’s give a trmendous boost in power so Vegeta who had a power level of 250,000 would be above Frieza in his SSJ form as his predicted power level after the Dende zenkai would be around the base power of Goku.

Then saying that something has no consistency isn’t true and doesn’t matter at all, since for a start we can estimate based on the Zenkai’s of other saiyans to arrive at a good conclusion. In this instance Goku so it can be said that Vegeta would be relative regardless.

SSJBatdan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 SSJBatdan  Online

@superprimetime: Vegeta, near death, goes from 18,000 to 23,000. Then he jumps from 23,000 to barely over Zarbon, after nearly dying. Then he jumped to 250,000 after Ginyu, after nearly dying. There is no consistency.

Vegeta loses. He was far weaker than Goku's base. He can't beat 100% Frieza.

RDCDesmond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It depends on Vegeta state of mind

If he went for the kill while Frieza was less than 100% he’d easily be able to wipe the floor with Frieza

But if he gloats n let’s Frieza power up to his final full power I think Vegeta could be slightly weaker, although all he would just have to last 5 mins until Frieza power started to drop n eventually win, since I don’t think the enraged SSJ was a big stamina drain, especially since Goku maintained it the whole battle n after, but this could’ve been due to his rage n lost of Krillin.

SuperPrimeTime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ssjbatdan: That’s what I’m talking about, no consistency isn’t an argument, it just means that the jump in power is unknown. However we can see that the jumps in power due to a zenkai only ever INCREASED, and so did Goku’s so for that reason alone we have room to suggest that the more powerful the larger the zenkai which sounds stupid until you look at how the Zenkai’s only increased. However for Vegeta to be comparable to Frieza he’d only need to be 10 times strongest and the largest zenkai is 30x we can assume if the Zenkai was an average zenkai he’d be capable of beating Frieza. And based on the fact Vegeta would have to be superior to Piccolo who fought Final Form Frieza when stalling for Goku’s spirit Bomb we can say with good certainty Vegeta would be comparable to Goku as even Piccolo was comparable to Goku’s base form.

Drax5343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Drax5343

@ssjbatdan said:
@drax5343 said:

Nah, he just has to end things quickly. He still gets his 150 mil PL, which Vegeta can't compete with. Knowing his own limitations in that form Frieza will try to end it quickly. He'll either resort to nuking the planet or the super destructo discs.

Can't Vegeta outlast him ?

And 120 mil

SSJBatdan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 SSJBatdan  Online

@superprimetime: You're just going on and on when it really doesn't matter. His base was far below Goku's. He can't beat 100%, no matter how you look at it, and your only answer to this is headcanon. It's tiring.

SSJBatdan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 SSJBatdan  Online

@drax5343: He's too far below Frieza's 100%. If he starts outlasting, Frieza will nuke the planet and Vegeta can't beat Frieza quick enough to do what Goku did.

SuperPrimeTime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ssjbatdan: that’s not an argument and unlike Goku who didnt know how to use the other spaceships very well, Vegeta is proficient in using them. Furthermore once again Final Form Frieza was superior to Base Goku and Base Piccolo, rememeber he didn’t go Super Saiyan immediately. For that reason Vegeta being superior to Piccolo who could harm Goku and was relative to Goku in terms of feats, Vegeta would be comparable to Goku as a super Saiyan but all so hear from you is Vegeta hate. Vegeta was superior to Piccolo who so comparable to base Goku, so Vegeta who is superior to Piccolo if he went Super Saiyan would beat Frieza and escape as he knows how to use the ship, in fact he’d possibly beat Frieza and just blast of in his ship with aGoku and the others.

SSJBatdan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 SSJBatdan  Online

@superprimetime: It is an argument, and you have non for Vegeta besides headcanon.

This is boring.

SuperPrimeTime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ssjbatdan: like I said that’s not an argument but your whole argument is, “Zenkai’s are not consistent” which doesn’t matter since we have confirmation Vegeta is relative to Goku as he’s superior to Piccolo who was relative to base Goku. For that reason the 50x when he’s in super Saiyan would mean he is superior to Frieza.

over-nine-thousand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

golden oozaru vegeta????? just kidding lolololol

No Caption Provided