• Who wins and why
UltraPhoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By UltraPhoenix

Can Iceman even be put down physically? Does he have any resistance to Wally's hax like speed steal or freezing time? Not sure if he can even tag Wally.

DatStupidGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not even sure if Wally can even harm Ice Man.

Avatar image for professorrespect
ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

Iceman loses, as per usual.

Jamzino24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump

byondeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Isn't this a fight that can't really end with a victor. Wally can't really put Iceman down but Bobby can't do anything to Flash.

Tvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Tvenger

@byondeon said:

Isn't this a fight that can't really end with a victor. Wally can't really put Iceman down but Bobby can't do anything to Flash.

Isn't ice Flash's weakness?

byondeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tvenger: Not really sure. Dont remember him having trouble with cold once he mastered the speed..

Tvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Tvenger

@byondeon said:

@tvenger: Not really sure. Dont remember him having trouble with cold once he mastered the speed..

Isn't cold how Freeze and Captain Cold always stood a chance against him? I thought his weakness was absolute zero. If so if Wally punches Bobby, and Bobby is absolute zero, shouldn't he die?

Spiders13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Spiders13

Iceman wins.

He drops the temps down to nothing at all. Below sub zero temps.

destinyman75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

While Iceman CAN win due to zero. Wally can too because Bobby has been KO'd before by people like Thor etc depends toss a coin

Punyaamrit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Only thing Wally can do here is knocking out Iceman or going back in time to kill bobby.

Avatar image for ancient_0f_days
Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Isnt current wally like, a god?

Alisupo1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wally kinda stomps

Stezzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Stezzy

Iceman flash freeze the entire area. He's one of the few non godlike people in comics that can comfortably deal with the Flash family imo. Busted af regen, ice clones, crazy AoE, potent ice that can freeze Juggernaut in place and on a molecular level. Iceman counters him

Punyaamrit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stezzy said:

Iceman flash freeze the entire area. He's one of the few non godlike people in comics that can comfortably deal with the Flash family imo. Busted af regen, ice clones, crazy AoE, potent ice that can freeze Juggernaut in place and on a molecular level. Iceman counters him

What if Wally blitzed iceman before he could react.

Avatar image for marygcrisostomo
marygcrisostomo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If KO can count as a win then Wally West. If need be kill then Iceman will win eventually

Stezzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stezzy said:

Then he reforms while spamming hundreds of clones in the process or just for the fun of it he could just cover himself in ice spikes and let Flash impale himself. Flash needs more than just speed and brute physical force to take down Iceman

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By ProfessorRespect  Online

@stezzy said:
@punyaamrit said:
@stezzy said:

Then he reforms while spamming hundreds of clones in the process or just for the fun of it he could just cover himself in ice spikes and let Flash impale himself. Flash needs more than just speed and brute physical force to take down Iceman

I'm pretty sure Bobby can't completely reform without a external source to reform with. He needed it to rain for him to reform the last time he pulled off the trick.

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

You don't need to kill to win.

Stezzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stezzy said:
@punyaamrit said:
@stezzy said:

I'm pretty sure Bobby can't completely reform without a external source to reform with. He needed it to rain for him to reform the last time he pulled off the trick.

He can completely reform just from the moisture in the air alone and that's all he needs.

No Caption Provided

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stezzy: Not exactly consistent with his power set considering he's needed external sources multiple times to do such a thing. It simply isn't something he does very often.

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Iceman wins because Flash doesn't kill.

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Iceman wins because Flash doesn't kill.

He can just knock Bobby out.

Stezzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stezzy: Not exactly consistent with his power set considering he's needed external sources multiple times to do such a thing. It simply isn't something he does very often.

Seriously can we not do this whole "consistency thing" when debating comics. It's all so tiresome. I don't feel like bringing up scans of everyone in the Flash family jobbing to much slower characters. We can be here all night talking about why X character didnt do this or that during this writer or that writer's run. It's just too tiresome and makes these debates pointless.

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

UltraPhoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Seems like OP didn't set a specific win condition, what's to stop Flash from stealing his speed or using some other time hax?

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stezzy: While we are at it we should use Hulk destroying an asteroid twice the size of Earth and Rhino punching Nova into space and ignore other consistent showings.

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@professorrespect: he will eventually die of old age while Bobby is immortal.

And Bobby would get knocked out beforehand. He's not this super OP immortal clone god or whatever wank says. He's a mid tier that gets jobbed out in X-Men groups all the time.

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By ProfessorRespect  Online

@stezzy said:
@professorrespect said:

Seriously can we not do this whole "consistency thing" when debating comics. It's all so tiresome. I don't feel like bringing up scans of everyone in the Flash family jobbing to much slower characters. We can be here all night talking about why X character didnt do this or that during this writer or that writer's run. It's just too tiresome and makes these debates pointless.

Well jobbing isn't consistent unless said character jobs for a majority, which I don't think Wally does unless I'm mistaken. Regardless, if we ignore consistency and just go with whatever you'd just say that Wally BFR's Bobby into the Speed Force in LS speed or steals his speed at MFTL pace and then has his way with him.

Consistency is the backbone of VS debating: if you don't like it, not much I can do there I'm afraid.

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@professorrespect: how does New 52-Rebirth Flash deal with absolute zero? Because it's apparently Iceman's opening move against an unknown opponent. That and skewering fellow heroes.

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By ProfessorRespect  Online

@tifalockhart said:

@professorrespect: how does New 52-Rebirth Flash deal with absolute zero? Because it's apparently Iceman's opening move against an unknown opponent. That and skewering fellow heroes.

Well I'd love to see Bobby do something like that at anything beyond street level speed, but I don't think those scans exist. Who needs consistency anyway?

Stezzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Stezzy

@professorrespect said:
@stezzy said:
@professorrespect said:

Well jobbing isn't consistent unless said character jobs for a majority, which I don't think Wally does unless I'm mistaken. Regardless, if we ignore consistency and just go with whatever you'd just say that Wally BFR's Bobby into the Speed Force in LS speed or steals his speed at MFTL pace and then has his way with him.

Consistency is the backbone of VS debating: if you don't like it, not much I can do there I'm afraid.

When debating which fictional character would win in a fight the major factors that should be taken into consideration is their stats and abilities and how they would theoretically interact with their opponents. Does my character have an ability that counters the other character? If so then his chances of winning this theoretical battle increased. Doe he has any exploitable weakness? His his stats weaker than the other character's? If yes then his chances of winning is even smaller. If you say "Oh well your character has abilities that counter mine but he cant use them in this theoretical battle because X writer didnt include said abilities in his run like Y writer did therefore he has no access to them here makes the fight pointless because the character isnt allowed to use an ability he has because the guy debating against him says so which makes the debate pointless

I dont like screwattack's deathbattle but I agree with their overall method of determining a winner. Like I already mentioned, screwattack comes to the conclusion by analyzing what a character CAN and HAS done with is own ability without taking into account of how many times hes actually done it unless for story reasons he cant do those abilities again. My problem with the way you guys debate is that you guys believe that the only admissible abilities for characters are abilities that are used in the more recent runs. The main argument I see on this site is "lol then how come he didnt use said ability when he fought x character?"

The result should be based on overall abilities, how theyre applied and stats and nothing else otherwise the debates just get ugly, boring and turn into a downplay slugfest

As for your Flash bfr/speed steal argument, you guys basically already use this argument in literally every Flash thread ever.

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stezzy said:
@professorrespect said:
@stezzy said:
@professorrespect said:

When debating which fictional character would win in a fight the major factors that should be taken into consideration is their stats and abilities and how they would theoretically interact with their opponents. Does my character have an ability that counters the other character? If so then his chances of winning this theoretical battle increased. Doe he has any exploitable weakness? His his stats weaker than the other character's? If yes then his chances of winning is even smaller. If you say "Oh well your character has abilities that counter mine but he cant use them in this theoretical battle because X writer didnt include said abilities in his run like Y writer did therefore he has no access to them here makes the fight pointless because the character isnt allowed to use an ability he has because the guy debating against him says so which makes the debate pointless

Well no, you need to prove that your character is consistently able to use said abilities. If we ignore that, then I could just say Wally blitzes at LS speed and BFR's Bobby into the Speedforce because he can do those things, and that isn't very fair.

I dont like screwattack's deathbattle but Iagree with their overall method of determining a winner

With wank and pointless calculations?

The result should be based on overall abilities

And how consistent those abilities are. If you can't prove it is, then you can't say it'll happen in a random encounter.

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stezzy: without averaging showings and taking tactics into account, we don't debate characters; we debate power sets like on CBR.

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stezzy: without averaging showings and taking tactics into account, we don't debate characters; we debate power sets like on CBR.

Thankfully

Punyaamrit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This might be a stalemate since wally doesn't use any of his hax consistently and Iceman can't catch wally.

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This might be a stalemate since wally doesn't use any of his hax consistently and Iceman can't catch wally.

Iron Fist punching Bobby a good amount of times did the job.

Tedirey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyaamrit said:

Is Iceman knocked out? I'm about to vote for Bobby because of his near NLF BS and Wally having difficulties with ice-based villains but this might change everything.

Natrium11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wally kinda stomps

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tedirey said:
@professorrespect said:
@punyaamrit said:

Is Iceman knocked out? I'm about to vote for Bobby because of his near NLF BS and Wally having difficulties with ice-based villains but this might change everything.

He wasn't knocked out in that instance, but he couldn't do anything either. It's not like Bobby can't be knocked out as well: that's just CV wank talking.

ODIN619360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wally West has this.

Avatar image for deactivated-60ee0713dd622
deactivated-60ee0713dd622

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Iceman has this. Is there any reason he won't have his ice field up before the battle starts?

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Iceman has this. Is there any reason he won't have his ice field up before the battle starts?

When does regular Iceman have his "ice field" up anyway?

SladerAcer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How fast is iceman? .. Wally can do many things before Bobby can act/react, depending on his stats ofc.

ODIN619360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthsuper: Wally West can react to everything he can through at him. Wally is a beast speedster who takes a 10/10 win.

Avatar image for deactivated-60ee0713dd622
deactivated-60ee0713dd622

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@darthsuper: Wally West can react to everything he can through at him. Wally is a beast speedster who takes a 10/10 win.

I get it. Wally West is a walking plot device. I already knew that.

@darthsuper said:

It would be really stupid for him not to, considering he could stop most people in their tracks with an ice field. But I guess they can't have him being unbeatable.

HellionVulcan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Iceman freezes him and he doesn't need to see him either

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@odin619360 said:

I get it. Wally West is a walking plot device. I already knew that.

@professorrespect said:
@darthsuper said:

It would be really stupid for him not to, considering he could stop most people in their tracks with an ice field. But I guess they can't have him being unbeatable.

Bobby isn't very good with speedsters.