iceman vs huma torch

• 112 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Sparda

Dreadnaught says:

"Done to death. Iceman wins every time. "

I think that if Torch went supernova on him, he would die. But yeah, Iceman wins pretty much every time.

Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Nighthunter

Iceman is way above human torch in power levels

Avatar image for chaoticsymbiote5
chaoticsymbiote5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By chaoticsymbiote5

what do you think?

Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Vrakmul

Done to death. Iceman wins every time.

Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Vrakmul

Sparda says:

"Dreadnaught says:
"Done to death. Iceman wins every time. "
I think that if Torch went supernova on him, he would die. But yeah, Iceman wins pretty much every time."

Absolute Zero>Supernova. That's a fact. Absolute zero can freeze stars for pete's sake!

Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Nighthunter

Dreadnaught says:

"Try someone on firestorm's or firelord's level. "

as far as I know firestorm would win there so don't worry doing that thread.

Besides it was done like one week ago so don't worry doing that thread.

Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Vrakmul

Try someone on firestorm's or firelord's level.

Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Vrakmul

It has been done? Ah. That changes everything.

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Methos

Dreadnaught says:

"Absolute Zero>Supernova. That's a fact. Absolute zero can freeze stars for pete's sake!"

sorry... what?

Absolute Zero can freeze stars?

if i wasn't so busy laughing my ass off as the incongruity of that statement i would blast a ton of physics on to this page to prove you wrong.

Star's exist in space and a make up of plasma which is permanently going through nuclear fusion (not fission which is used in nuclear power plants, don't get them mixed up, they're two completely different things)

if a star goes Supernova, there is not a damn thing you could do to stop it, even attempting to freeze it with someone like Iceman's powers would be like a fly trying to put out a 50 meters tall bonfire by blowing on it.

a Supernova is the most destructive event in this galaxy barring a Black Hole, they can wipe out entire solar systems, perhaps more depending on how large the star is.

M
Post Edited:2007-12-02 20:59:39

Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Vrakmul

Methos says:

"Dreadnaught says:
"Absolute Zero>Supernova. That's a fact. Absolute zero can freeze stars for pete's sake!"
sorry... what? Absolute Zero can freeze stars? if i wasn't so busy laughing my ass off as the incongruity of that statement i would blast a ton of physics on to this page to prove you wrong. Star's exist in **space** and a make up of plasma which is permanently going through nuclear fusion *(not fission which is used in nuclear power plants, don't get them mixed up, they're two completely different things)* if a star goes Supernova, there is not a damn thing you could do to stop it, even attempting to freeze it with someone like Iceman's powers would be like a *fly* trying to put out a meter tall bonfire by blowing on it. a Supernova is the most destructive event in this galaxy barring a Black Hole, they can wipe out entire solar systems, perhaps more depending on how large the star is. M"
Absolute zero freezes all. All motion at any level stops. Period. Even the tiniest vibrations stop. And a supernova is not the most devastating event. That is the sole right of the gamma ray burst.
Post Edited:2007-12-02 21:03:57
Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Methos

Dreadnaught says:

"Absolute zero freezes all. All motion at any level stops. Period. Even the tiniest vibrations stop. "

true...

but since Nuclear Fusion doesn't need motion to happen, that doesn't do dick to a supernova...

absolute zero is –273.15°C

the Boomerang Nebula, with a temperature of –272.15°C, or 1 K, is the coldest place known outside a laboratory. The nebula is 5000 light-years from Earth and is in the constellation Centaurus.

and starts quite happily burn away there, if fact IT'S A NEBULA, WHERE STARS ARE BORN, and anyone that says 1°C is going to make any difference at all to a star, is seriously smoking something illegal.

M

Gladius Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#12  Edited By Gladius Prime

I don't think Iceman would win that easily if at all. The central stars of planetary nebulae are the hottest known stars and even they only reach temperatures of 250,000 Kelvin which is 449,540 degrees fahrenheit (less than half of torchs maximum output). A study took thermite which is only 5432 degrees and pitted it "against" liquid nitrogen -324 degrees and the thermite totally incinerated the liquid nitrogen and the cannister it was stored in. Considering torchs output is 184 times hotter than thermite I think Torch might be able to incinerate Drake even while he is totally frozen.

Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Vrakmul

Gladius Prime says:

"I don't think Iceman would win that easily if at all. The central stars of planetary nebulae are the hottest known stars and even they only reach temperatures of 250,000 Kelvin which is 449,540 degrees fahrenheit (less than half of torchs maximum output). A study took thermite which is only 5432 degrees and pitted it "against" liquid nitrogen -324 degrees and the thermite totally incinerated the liquid nitrogen and the cannister it was stored in. Considering torchs output is 184 times hotter than thermite I think Torch might be able to incinerate Drake even while he is totally frozen."

Torch can only reach 1,000,000 degrees F.

Gladius Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Gladius Prime

Torch WINS!!

Gladius Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Gladius Prime

Dreadnaught says:

"Gladius Prime says:
"I don't think Iceman would win that easily if at all. The central stars of planetary nebulae are the hottest known stars and even they only reach temperatures of 250,000 Kelvin which is 449,540 degrees fahrenheit (less than half of torchs maximum output). A study took thermite which is only 5432 degrees and pitted it "against" liquid nitrogen -324 degrees and the thermite totally incinerated the liquid nitrogen and the cannister it was stored in. Considering torchs output is 184 times hotter than thermite I think Torch might be able to incinerate Drake even while he is totally frozen."
Torch can only reach 1,000,000 degrees F."
What's your point?
Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Vrakmul

Gladius Prime says:

"Torch WINS!!"
Note the sun Can reach 27,000,000 degrees F at it's core so your wrong again. And also Yellow dwarf's *Which are the most likely to have inhabited planets and yes our sun is a DWARF!!! It's tiny, small, miniscule, puny, weak, whimpy, whatever* are not the hottest stars known. That is the Blue Supergiant. And they can reach billions of degrees kelvin at their cores.
Post Edited:2007-12-02 21:11:11
Gladius Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Gladius Prime

Dreadnaught says:

"Gladius Prime says:
"Torch WINS!!"
Note the sun Can reach 27,000,000 degrees F at it's core so your wrong again. And also Yellow dwarf's *Which are the most likely to have inhabited planets* are not the hottest stars known. That is the Blue Supergiant. And they can reach billions of degrees kelvin at their cores. "

http://hypertextbook.com/facts/2001/AsserEstriplet.shtml

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Methos

ponders just deleting the thread because of the sheer amount of BS that is being posted under the pretense of physics

M

Final Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#19  Edited By Final Arrow

Okay one Methos said dick

Two Im just trying to get the thread locked, So yeah it can frezze stars.

Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Vrakmul

Gladius Prime says:

"Dreadnaught says:
"Gladius Prime says:
"Torch WINS!!"
Note the sun Can reach 27,000,000 degrees F at it's core so your wrong again. And also Yellow dwarf's *Which are the most likely to have inhabited planets* are not the hottest stars known. That is the Blue Supergiant. And they can reach billions of degrees kelvin at their cores. "
That's" />http://hypertextbook.com/facts/2001/AsserEstriplet.shtml"That's surface temp. Not core temp, core tempretures are much much much much much hoter. And that's from 01. Enourmous amounts of new discoveries have been done in those 6 years.
Post Edited:2007-12-02 21:14:33
Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Methos

Final Arrow says:

"Okay one Methos said dickTwo Im just trying to get the thread locked, So yeah it can frezze stars."

I say Dick all the time...

i'm always in the Nightwing threads...

M

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Methos

and everyone ignores my posts about stars being able to exist in absolute Zero...

hello... person with actual degree in physics here...

please, actually pay attention in a thread when someone proves you right or wrong

M

Gladius Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Gladius Prime

Dreadnaught says:

"Gladius Prime says:
"Dreadnaught says:
"Gladius Prime says:
"Torch WINS!!"
That's" />http://hypertextbook.com/facts/2001/AsserEstriplet.shtml"
That's surface temp. Not core temp. "

The point is that Torchs million degree output is hotter than the surface of the hottest start! Thermite at a comparatively low temperature of 5432 degrees incinerates liquid nitrogen, so how can you possibly think that Torchs nova blast isn't going to turn drake into steam?

Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Vrakmul

Gladius Prime says:

"Dreadnaught says:
"Gladius Prime says:
"Dreadnaught says:
"Gladius Prime says:
"Torch WINS!!"
The point is that Torchs million degree output is hotter than the surface of the hottest start! Thermite at a comparatively low temperature of 5432 degrees incinerates liquid nitrogen, so how can you possibly think that Torchs nova blast isn't going to turn drake into steam?"

And drake can easily reform.

Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Nighthunter

Methos says:

"Final Arrow says:
"Okay one Methos said dickTwo Im just trying to get the thread locked, So yeah it can frezze stars."

I say Dick all the time...

i'm always in the Nightwing threads...

M"

LMAO

Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Vrakmul

And to note. Drake can reform as long as there is water for him to make ice out of. Even if it's in vapour/steam form.

Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Vrakmul

Final Arrow says:

"Dreadnaught says:
"Gladius Prime says:
"Dreadnaught says:
"Gladius Prime says:
"Dreadnaught says:
"Gladius Prime says:
"Torch WINS!!"
The point is that Torchs million degree output is hotter than the surface of the hottest start! Thermite at a comparatively low temperature of 5432 degrees incinerates liquid nitrogen, so how can you possibly think that Torchs nova blast isn't going to turn drake into steam?"
And drake can easily reform. "
What actually no, he almost died refroming once and that was from being broken, reforming from steam is harder in fact, Myestic had to give him mouth to mouth, to keep him alive!!!!"

Then how come everyone said he could easily reform in the Ice man vs Superman thread?

Gladius Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Gladius Prime

Methos says:

"and everyone ignores my posts about stars being able to exist in absolute Zero... hello... person with actual degree in physics here... please, actually pay attention in a thread when someone proves you right or wrong M"

OWNED!!!!

Gladius Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Gladius Prime

Methos says:

"and everyone ignores my posts about stars being able to exist in absolute Zero... hello... person with actual degree in physics here... please, actually pay attention in a thread when someone proves you right or wrong M"

OWNED!!!!

Final Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Final Arrow

Dreadnaught says:

"Gladius Prime says:
"Dreadnaught says:
"Gladius Prime says:
"Dreadnaught says:
"Gladius Prime says:
"Torch WINS!!"

What actually no, he almost died refroming once and that was from being broken, reforming from steam is harder in fact, Myestic had to give him mouth to mouth, to keep him alive!!!!

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Methos

Dreadnaught says:

"And to note. Drake can reform as long as there is water for him to make ice out of. Even if it's in vapour/steam form. "

and in a Supernova, even steam is reduced to it's composite atoms due to the quantum nature of plasma...

after a Supernova, there in nothing coming back from it...

M

Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Vrakmul

Gladius Prime says:

"Final Arrow says:
"Dreadnaught says:
"Gladius Prime says:
"Dreadnaught says:
"Gladius Prime says:
"Dreadnaught says:
"Gladius Prime says:
"Torch WINS!!"
What actually no, he almost died refroming once and that was from being broken, reforming from steam is harder in fact, Myestic had to give him mouth to mouth, to keep him alive!!!!"
I didn't think Iceman was powerful enough to reform his body from steam!! Most of his molecules would be destroyed. I was going to call BS on that but I wasn't sure if he had been suped up to that level or not. "

Everyone has been suped up recently.

Final Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Final Arrow

Final Arrow says:

"Dreadnaught says:
"Gladius Prime says:
"Dreadnaught says:
"Gladius Prime says:
"Dreadnaught says:
"Gladius Prime says:
"Torch WINS!!"
Final Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Final Arrow

Cause they where fan boys!!!!!!

Gladius Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Gladius Prime

Final Arrow says:

"Dreadnaught says:
"Gladius Prime says:
"Dreadnaught says:
"Gladius Prime says:
"Dreadnaught says:
"Gladius Prime says:
"Torch WINS!!"

I didn't think Iceman was powerful enough to reform his body from steam!! Most of his molecules would be destroyed. I was going to call BS on that but I wasn't sure if he had been suped up to that level or not.

Darth Balls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Darth Balls

chaoticsymbiote5 says:

"what do you think?"

DUDE ITS BEEN DONE 80 TIMES

Darth Balls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Darth Balls

chaoticsymbiote5 says:

"what do you think?"

DUDE ITS BEEN DONE 80 TIMES

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Methos

Darth Balls says:

"DUDE ITS BEEN DONE 80 TIMES"

I don't care about the actual battle...

I'm fighting against the complete gall and stupidity of Dreadnaught for saying...

1. Stars can't exist as absolute zero = complete BS

2. Iceman could freeze a Supernova = complete BS

3. Iceman could survive a Supernova = complete BS

M

Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Vrakmul

Darth Balls says:

"chaoticsymbiote5 says:
"what do you think?"
DUDE ITS BEEN DONE 80 TIMES "

Someone who sees clarity in his thoughts at last!

Gladius Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Gladius Prime

So in conclusion Iceman gets his a$$ destroyed by Torch.

Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Vrakmul

Gladius Prime says:

"So in conclusion Iceman gets his a$$ destroyed by Torch."

Lets see Omega level mutant vs Some hot head. I go with Omega Level mutant.

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Methos

there is no way iceman could withstand a supernova...

from a star or from human torch, they are still the same heat and have the same plasmatic nature...

sorry, but iceman is about to get reduced to his composite atoms and completely destroyed in the plasma of the supernova.

M

Gladius Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Gladius Prime

Dreadnaught says:

"Gladius Prime says:
Lets see Omega level mutant vs Some hot head. I go with Omega Level mutant. "

typical fanboy. Even after you are presented with hard evidence that iceman would lose you stick to your opinion, not because of facts, but because of the title "omega level mutant".

Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Vrakmul

Gladius Prime says:

"Dreadnaught says:
"Gladius Prime says:
typical fanboy. Even after you are presented with hard evidence that iceman would lose you stick to your opinion, not because of facts, but because of the title "omega level mutant"."

Let's see every time this battle has been done everyone agrees Iceman wins. And Iceman hasn't even reached the potential of his powers. Torch has.

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Methos

Dreadnaught says:

"Let's see every time this battle has been done everyone agrees Iceman wins. And Iceman hasn't even reached the potential of his powers. Torch has. "

seriously, show me the physics to back that up...

your saying Absolute Zero beats a Supernova...

i have proven several times that it is exactly the opposite that it true...

so either show me some proof, or stop with the stupid fanboyish argument

M

Gladius Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Gladius Prime

Dreadnaught says:

"Gladius Prime says:
"Dreadnaught says:
"Gladius Prime says:
typical fanboy. Even after you are presented with hard evidence that iceman would lose you stick to your opinion, not because of facts, but because of the title "omega level mutant"."
Let's see every time this battle has been done everyone agrees Iceman wins. And Iceman hasn't even reached the potential of his powers. Torch has. "
It sounds like to me the only one still thinking iceman would win is you. What does Iceman not reaching his potential yet have to do with a fight taking place NOW?
Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Vrakmul

Gladius Prime says:

"Dreadnaught says:
"Gladius Prime says:
"Dreadnaught says:
"Gladius Prime says:
Let's see every time this battle has been done everyone agrees Iceman wins. And Iceman hasn't even reached the potential of his powers. Torch has. "
It sounds like to me the only one still thinking iceman would win is you. What does Iceman not reaching his potential yet have to do with a fight taking place NOW? "

Read the recap thread on this. That has plenty of evidence on why Ice man would win. Right now I'm too lazy to pick it up.

Phorqe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#48  Edited By Phorqe

OK, let's get off the heat vs. cold topic. I think Methos put that argument to rest. The question is: Can Iceman negate Torch's power as he did to Sunfire? I'd imagine that it would be a similar chemical/ biological process.

Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Sparda

Sorry, but I'm far, far too lazy to read the rest of the replies, but can someone tell me approximately how hot a supernova is? I've been wondering that for a while.

Final Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Final Arrow

Okay how about this Human tourch goes nutz and heats up to max, Burning the Ozone layer away and we are all screwed!