Battle to the death or until one of them can no longer continue due to injury

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Eternal Chaos

Who's Marvel? Who's DC? and what are their powers?

Valkaad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Valkaad

Hyperion is marvel and he is a Badass. I don't know Mr. MAjestics power level ( I know he is really powerful) and I just wanted to see what other people thought to gauge how powerful he really is.

acewasp23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By acewasp23

Yeah its said that Majestic is stronger than superman.

Hyperion is a copy of superman and that means he's probbably just as strong.

I'd give it to Majestic.

ShufflerHS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By ShufflerHS

I did this over at SHH! in my DC/Marvel thread and Majestic won by a landslide. I think he would win as well.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Mr. Majestic is one of the baddest dudes in comics.

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 51

#7  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

Eternal Chaos says:

"Who's Marvel? Who's DC? and what are their powers?"

Why does it matter which company a character is from? It doesn't change who would win.

Ms. Invisible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By Ms. Invisible

Buckshot says:

"Eternal Chaos says:

Why does it matter which company a character is from? It doesn't change who would win. "

I think we know why.

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

Oh, I know why. His Marvel bias is so enormous it's like an entity unto itself. It's also annoying as all get out.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Buckshot says:

"Oh, I know why. His Marvel bias is so enormous it's like an entity unto itself. It's also annoying as all get out."

Lmao. I'm not laughing at you, but thats funny.

the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By the creator

I trust that the Hyperion you are talking about is the original heroic Squadron Supreme one - with the orange costume and the atomic orbital symbol on his chest.

Although Hyperion is a Marvel copy of Superman, he is not as powerful as Superman (as per normal with Marvel vs DC 'non-cosmic' characters.

Majestic on the other hand is currently regarded as being at Superman levels - hell he even occupies one of the DC universes in their (52) multiverse.

Let's take a quick look at the characters,

Hyperion:

Superstrength (over time this has been quoted at different levels, ranging from 75 tonnes originally, to the current 100+ tonnes. However as usual, this would translate in to several thousand tonnes if you look at the feats he accomplishes - like ripping open tanks and the like).

Superspeed (Extremely fast reaction time, many times faster than a human - sufficient for him to be able to react to Marvel speedsters like the Whizzer - so more somewhere between 15 - 25 times human reaction times).

Invulnerability (Very hard to hurt - at similar or greater levels to the Hulk - has withstood blows from Thor's hammer without major injury. However, still vulnerable to Argonite, an element having the same effect as Kryptonite - power loss etc).

Flight (Pretty quick - somewhere between Mach 3 - 6 in the atmosphere and possibly quicker in space, but likely no more than Mach 12).

Nuclear Vision (Serious firepower, able to reach temperatures of 12000 deg Fahrenheit).

Enhanced Senses (Definite vision enhancement, thermal vision but no X-ray vision. Other senses may be some what above human norm but not Daredevil level).

Eternal Powers (So far has been shown to be able to regenerate damage - he once repaired his eyes, as he was blind - but this has taken time and concentration. He has not shown that he knows or has the other Eternal powers that Earth’s eternal have).

Fighting Ability (Pretty good, but he has said in the past that he lacked a lot of people at his power level to fight so his brawling skills have not had the rounding out that his main Marvel earth rivals had got).

Majestic:

Superstrength (This has really fluctuated over the years depending upon the writer but I would say that he was approximately the same level as Superman - so this puts in to the lifting millions of tonnes range. I chose to ignore the planet pushing events…).

Superspeed (Again from everything presented he has speed on par with Superman, so his practical reaction time is in the order of hundreds of times faster than a normal human).

Invulnerability (Again appears to be on a similar level to Superman, possessing immense durability. Also has no specific weakness ‘element’ like Argonite).

Flight (Ability to fly close to the speed of light, and potential to exceed this boundary – but this last feat was shown at the same time as the planet moving affairs so there you go…)

Laser Vision (Again the power of these beams has fluctuated over the years but seems currently capable of cutting through pretty much any material he has encountered – so output to likely to be above 12000 deg Fahrenheit).

Enhanced Senses (Has displayed a wide variety of senses ranging from the traditional extreme telescopic vision, matching hearing and other senses. Then there’s the weirder ones like his 4th dimensional ones).

Other powers (He can project energy from his hands, has at least some limited telepathy and telekinesis, recovers from non life threatening damage quite quickly, is immortal and has super freezing/windy breath like Supes).

Fighting Ability (He has been around for thousands of years and has been trained in martial art fighting styles – with and without weapons).

With all of the examples we have seen displayed over the years, I would have to say that Majestic would beat Hyperion in a fair fight. The fight would not be quick or easy but the outcome is in no doubt.

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

Not sure why you don't use Majestic's planet moving feats. Does Superman always use his uppermost strength? No. I think it's more a matter of restraint than anything else. I know he rarely did anything even close to his top strength while he was with the WildCats, but he was with a team then, showboating looks bad. He barely showed off his intelligence either, but it doesn't mean it wasn't there. Yeah, his strength has been shown at different levels, but why choose to totally ignore it at its highest? Whatever though, that's your opinion.

The laser vision isn't only a destructive beam, it's also been used to rearrange matter and manipulate energy. It's pretty much a plot device.

He's also flown faster than light a couple times outside of that instance with planet moving so even if you're ignoring that whole story (why?) you shouldn't ignore that.

Other than those small nitpicks I agree. Also, with a few seconds of prep in his base, the win goes from a hardwon victory for Majestic to a slaughter in mere moments.

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Eternal Chaos

Buckshot says:

"Eternal Chaos says:
Why does it matter which company a character is from? It doesn't change who would win. "

For your information Buckshot, I wanted to know not because of my bias, far from that, but so I can know more about these two characters that I've heard about. So I suggest you don't jump to conclussions.

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

From ALL of your previous posts it was a very logical conclusion for me to jump to. If you want to know more about the characters, search for them on the site. This is an encyclopedia after all.

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Eternal Chaos

I would, but for some reason the link doesn't work correctly on my pc.

Answerman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#16  Edited By Answerman

Majestic is far more the "true to source" homaghe to Superman and as such would win.

As much as I love ol Hyp his track records not that great, and he did have his butt handed to him by Gladiator who ultimately was the superior fighter.

I'd consider Maj on par with Gladiator if not slightly more powerful so by virtue Maj wipes the floor with Hyperion.