Hunger Games: Solo Scenario - Ty Lee (Gothamciti) Votes Needed!!!!

Spector_Rand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Spector_Rand

First Annual Comicvine Hunger Games
First Annual Comicvine Hunger Games

Hunger Games Solo Scanario

In this solo scanario the following user, @gothamciti (using Ty Lee), will face a threat.

The user wil make one post indicating why their character vanquishes this threat. The Gamesmaster (myself) will then counter. The user will then get one more post.

The threat he will face is:

_

No Caption Provided

One NS-5 from I-Robot.

Rules

• The debaters must prove why they're character would survive and beat the threat. They cannot leave the field of battle though.
  • Viners vote on whether the user made a viable enough post to survive. If they vote yes, that means he survives. If they vote no, that means he dies. First of either of these two options to meet five votes wins.
  • Users have two days max to post.
  • Voting will be open for three days.

No Caption Provided

May the odds be ever in your favour!

haoalchemist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Goodluck mate @spector_rand if anyone drops out tag me and i'll love to tag in with my own character :v

Spector_Rand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for americanspeeddemon
americanspeeddemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

T4V

GothamCiti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By GothamCiti

Oh boy, I haven't seen I-Robot, and from what I skimmed through so far, the NS-5s seem formidible. Regardless, here goes!

And sorry I'm late (damn college...).

Ty Lee:

"My milkshake brings all the boys to the yard..."

Intro:

A sweet and bubbly yet formidably dangerous girl who was a skilled acrobatic circus performer in the Fire Nation and later became the antagonist Azula’s reluctant accomplice to deter the Avatar and friends war efforts in the Hundred Year War.

Skills and Abilities:

Agility: Ty-Lee is extraordinarily agile and able to perform many acrobatic feats like somersaults and high leaps with extreme grace and balance, as well as outmaneuver against many opponents she came across simply for her superior combat speed.

Handsprings around 20-30 ft high.
Handsprings around 20-30 ft high.
Somersaults over 20-30 ft high.
Somersaults over 20-30 ft high.
Somersaults from chandelier to chandelier
Somersaults from chandelier to chandelier
Backflips around 30 ft to the gondola with ease.
Backflips around 30 ft to the gondola with ease.
Leaps from pole to pole at fast speeds.
Leaps from pole to pole at fast speeds.
Is able to contort her body mid combat to avoid up close attacks.
Is able to contort her body mid combat to avoid up close attacks.
And moves too fast for an elite earthbender to keep track off.
And moves too fast for an elite earthbender to keep track off.
And is agile enough to dance though lethal water discs bended by Katara.
And is agile enough to dance though lethal water discs bended by Katara.

Parkour: Ty Lee’s agility also carries over to her ability to effortlessly traverse around her environment and free run, scale or leap from virtually any terrain with utmost ease.

Casually runs across the wire ropes of a gondola.
Casually runs across the wire ropes of a gondola.
Quickly traverses around the gondola to get to the other side.
Quickly traverses around the gondola to get to the other side.
Efficiently carries momentum form her 30 ft leap traverses from tree to tree.
Efficiently carries momentum form her 30 ft leap traverses from tree to tree.

Chi blocking: Ty Lee is a highly skilled hand to hand opponent through utilizing pressure point striking martial arts. Due to her vast knowledge of the human body and overall experience, she is capable of completely immobilizing her opponents through blocking their chi.

(Chi Blocking)
(Chi Blocking)

Her parahax can range from making a limb numb to paralyzing her foe’s entire body and is capable of multiple strikes at once to pressure her opponent's ability to fight.

Renders Sokka's arms useless while outreacting and nullifying a club swing.
Renders Sokka's arms useless while outreacting and nullifying a club swing.
Easily paralyzes an entire elite platoon of earthbenders known as the Terra Team through her chi blocking and combat speed.
Easily paralyzes an entire elite platoon of earthbenders known as the Terra Team through her chi blocking and combat speed.
Performs multiple strikes on a Kyoshi warrior with armor to incap.
Performs multiple strikes on a Kyoshi warrior with armor to incap.
Is able to overwhelm and immobilze Katara in a rematch.
Is able to overwhelm and immobilze Katara in a rematch.
Has shown formidable h2h prowess against the skilled and agile Suki to stalemate her in their short bout.
Has shown formidable h2h prowess against the skilled and agile Suki to stalemate her in their short bout.

Lastly, has showcased striking strength to incap Azula with armor.
Lastly, has showcased striking strength to incap Azula with armor.

Initial Battle plan:

Ty Lee's main strength is her combat agility, parahax, and the element of surprise. Her agility should be enough to outdodge the robots since she was able to blitz an entire group of elite earthbenders as well overwhelm and surprise many top tier Avatar benders. Additionally, her own martial prowess and barrage of strikes have incaped many characters with armor and noted durability such as Azula, and should allow Ty Lee to inflict damage to the robot through her strikes (though I doubt they have life force to block lol). Plus since Ty Lee is willing to kill here, her strikes are likely to be more brutal (like the glimpse we saw with Ty Lee and the Kyoshi warrior).

And I hope you won't bring up gag feats again :P

Additionally, since the robot is unaware of what Ty Lee is capable off, and appears to be a fragile girl, there is a strong possibility the NS-5 will be caught off guard by her abilites and quickly overwhelmed like Katara and the Terra Team.

One last point to bring up for now is the NS-5 waterproof? If they encounter at the beach, Ty Lee can bring the fight to the shores and cause problems for the robot otherwise...

I'll try to counter your points :) I'm curious to see them!

@spector_rand

Spector_Rand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gothamciti:

The NS-5

The NS-5's are exceptionally strong and agile, and it's durability and nature as a robot limits Ty Lee's main offensive weaponry. It does not have nerve clusters for her to damage, meaning she is just hitting it.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Note in this fight, these NS-5's are tanking shots from each other with ease. Each NS-5 is capable of dodging and tanking bullets and can dent metal or throw humans 30-40m with ease.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

As well as this, the NS-5 can easily match Ty Lee's agility.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

They are shown to regularly be able to dodge bullets, meaning they have the more concrete speed and reaction times feats.

In short, the NS-5 is Ty Lee's physical superior and her mobility equal. It also eliminates her main advantage in Chi Blocking.

Jucaslucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is this Sonny, or just some random robot? Sony was stronger than the others.

Spector_Rand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jucaslucas: Its composite. He was also only more durable, in terms of strength and agility he was the same.

Cosmic_Lantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is gonna be a toughie.....T4V

GothamCiti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By GothamCiti

Counters:

The NS-5's are exceptionally strong and agile, and it's durability and nature as a robot limits Ty Lee's main offensive weaponry. It does not have nerve clusters for her to damage, meaning she is just hitting it.

Note in this fight, these NS-5's are tanking shots from each other with ease. Each NS-5 is capable of dodging and tanking bullets and can dent metal or throw humans 30-40m with ease.

As well as this, the NS-5 can easily match Ty Lee's agility.

They are shown to regularly be able to dodge bullets, meaning they have the more concrete speed and reaction times feats.

Nice post man, The composite NS-5 has a lot of advantages, but that said, the first of the 3 laws programmed into the NS-5s are:

1. A robot may not injure a human being or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.

This would mean, the robot is not likely to utilize his superior strength to seriously harm Ty Lee as shown by how the NS-5s only attack other NS-5s in the scans provided.

Ty Lee on the other hand, has recovered from a violent air blast bended by Aang, as well as tail swipes from Appa who has been shown strong enough to smash concrete.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Appa is capable of immense strength, and fought and won against dangerous animals like the shirshu Nyla, and a Boar-q pine (which are more skilled and dangerous animals/hunters than a wolf or tiger).

Snaps steel chains.
Snaps steel chains.

KOs Nyla while crushing concrete.
KOs Nyla while crushing concrete.
Beating a Boar-q Pine while tired and injured.
Beating a Boar-q Pine while tired and injured.

So the standard NS-5's biggest weakness is his standard programming in character on top of severely underestimating Ty Lee's capabilities without prior knowledge.

Their agility is impressive (though nothing too above Ty Lee), but their h2h skills aren't shown in much detail meaning Ty Lee can still outmanevour and block their blows in close range like she did against End of Series Suki (who is skilled in Kyoshi warrior martial arts reminiscient of Aikido and Tessenjutsu and has been shown to improve in combat skills during the duration of the show) and Katara (who's water bending is influenced by Tai-chi) and has showcased reflexes to hold her own against the firebending top tiers Azula and Zuko (who's fighting style are based mainly on the Northern Shaolin styles of kung fu and have showcased super human reaction feats at least Faster than Eyesight imo).

Katara reaction feats:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
Evenly matches Zuko in a bending fight.
Evenly matches Zuko in a bending fight.

Zuko's reaction feats:

Effortlessly swats an arrow after it's fired.
Effortlessly swats an arrow after it's fired.
Catches and redirects bended lightning while his guard is lowered.
Catches and redirects bended lightning while his guard is lowered.

Ultimately, the strongest advantage I feel the NS-5 has is their durability and lack of chi which will catch Ty Lee off guard, but once she realizes fairly quickly, I feel she will utilize her parkour abilities to traverse around the islands while utilizing her environment and can bring the fight to the beach waters as mentioned beforehand which appears to put the robot at a environmental disadvantage, allowing Ty Lee to out manevour and short circuit the NS-5.

@spector_rand

Spector_Rand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cosmic_Lantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GothamCiti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I must warn you I am in the hunger games also, but I will only vote if you both allow it.

Don't vote if you're going to be biased :P

Cosmic_Lantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gothamciti: Honestly IMO I thought you were screwed when he bought up the durability and similar agility, but you bought up a good point with the fallibility of their programming. She might be banged up a bit but you'd pass here.

Destroyer69X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Destroyer69X

if the robot doesnt feel the blows and has enough durability to take them untill he realizes she's no ordinary human not a weak girl, that he must kill her.with similiar agility, my vote Goes for the robot

emperorthanos-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 emperorthanos-  Moderator
Spector_Rand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@emperorthanos: In scenario's I think so. In CaV's I'm yet to decide. It will be case by case, if I see obvious bias a vote will be discounted

emperorthanos-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 emperorthanos-  Moderator

@spector_rand: Ok cool then I might as well vote to speed this up. But first I want to know, does the In character but going for the kill rule apply to the enemies as well?

Hiddenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would be biased for Ty Lee even though I'm impressed by that robot feats, but I can't help myself, I'm an Avatar fanboy. So I will just watch.

Avatar image for americanspeeddemon
americanspeeddemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

@gothamciti: @spector_rand yeah i'd have to say you pass just on virtue of bringing in the three rules of robotics which is very smart thinking. Overall you'd be very banged up but I could see you making it the robots will be hindered by thier programming and if you can stay on your feet you could come out of this alive. Again this is very close but i'd give you the win like 5.5/10.

Spector_Rand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@emperorthanos: The enemies are just standard version. They will fight to kill or incap as they would normally, then execute post fight.

Spector_Rand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

emperorthanos-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 emperorthanos-  Moderator

@gothamciti: @spector_rand:Well I have to say I vote for the NS5 to win. He did a good a job of bring up the 3 laws but in the movies the NS5's still twisted them and began to attack and even killing humans who didn't agree with them. Ty Lee's main form of attack is through Chi Block which will have no affect on the NS5. The NS5 also has the speed to keep up with and although she does have the durability to survive the NS5s attacks, she will die after a prolong battle..

Avatar image for deactivated-5fb6c77c8d900
deactivated-5fb6c77c8d900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@emperorthanos: It was actually the main computer. What was her name? Vicki? Kate? -_- idk...whose understanding of the 3 laws were altered. Who in return, controlled the robots and commanded them to gather all humans or terminate them.

So if this is just the NS-5's without the influence of her; my vote goes to Ty Lee.

Idk much about her at all but based on what was presented, she should come out victorious but not unscathed

Avatar image for serpinethegreen
serpinethegreen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

spector_rand:

I vote for the NS-5 composite. GC's idea of using the three laws as a means of victory is all well and good, but it disregards the whole point of this composite character. The composite is a merger between a normal NS-5 and Sonny, and although a normal NS-5 would indeed be bound by the three laws. Sonny would not. I'd also like to point out Will Smiths character was saved by a lesser NS-4. The NS-4 jumped into a large body of water (uninhibited) saving Will from drowning, thus proving it (the far inferior model) was highly water resistant/proof.

Therefore what this all boils down to is:

an athletic human female vs an advanced robot

And quite frankly she doesn't have the skill, strength, weapons, or knowledge to compete in any conceivable (or believable) way

GothamCiti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By GothamCiti

@serpinethegreen said:

spector_rand:

I vote for the NS-5 composite. GC's idea of using the three laws as a means of victory is all well and good, but it disregards the whole point of this composite character. The composite is a merger between a normal NS-5 and Sonny, and although a normal NS-5 would indeed be bound by the three laws. Sonny would not. I'd also like to point out Will Smiths character was saved by a lesser NS-4. The NS-4 jumped into a large body of water (uninhibited) saving Will from drowning, thus proving it (the far inferior model) was highly water resistant/proof.

Therefore what this all boils down to is:

an athletic human female vs an advanced robot

And quite frankly she doesn't have the skill, strength, weapons, or knowledge to compete in any conceivable (or believable) way

Well damn, lol. Probably would have conceded if Spector showed that.

Though in regards to composite, I think Spector meant composite in stats only (otherwise he could have made this Ty Lee vs Sonny).

newcomer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spector_Rand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Spector_Rand
Avatar image for serpinethegreen
serpinethegreen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gothamciti:

Perhaps. Perhaps not. In the end it would make little difference (since many of the NS-5's had no problem trying to kill Wills character)

Spector_Rand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bumping for votes

Flash1812

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spector_rand: I vote for NS-5 since the NS-5 was overall superior

Avatar image for supremegeneration
SupremeGeneration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gothamciti: @spector_rand: Vote goes to Ty Lee due to the 3 laws and successful agility showing. Ty Lee will need a goshlong time to rest but she'll manage for a bit more.

Avatar image for bullet_to_the_head
Bullet_to_the_Head

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gothamciti: @spector_rand: Vote goes to the NS-5, It's had the speed to keep up and it totally negated Ty Lee's Chi Blocking

newcomer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By newcomer

@spector_rand: vote goes to ns-5 since you showed its overall physical superiority to ty lee, plus similar agility. Added to the fact if what serpinethegreen said is true, ty lee has no chance.

GothamCiti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By GothamCiti

Final Vote Tally:

NS-5: 6

Ty Lee 4

Looks like the NS-5 is too superior, but it was fun while it lasted! :)

Thanks to everyone who voted!

@spector_rand

Spector_Rand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gothamciti: Thanks for participating man :)

Great fun and I'm sorry the randomiser gave you such a harsh matchup.

I'll tag you for the next one?

GothamCiti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers