No Caption Provided

Versus

Narberal(@jucaslucasa)

No Caption Provided

Battle Ground

No Caption Provided

Rules

Character Limitations

1. Reaction speed is limited to bullet timing. Travel Speed is limited to Mach 2.
  2. Strength and Tk are limited to 10 tons
  3. Durability cannot be greater than a tank
  4. Ranged attacks cannot be greater than tank busting
  5. Telepathy is limited to mind reading.
  6. No direct TK on an opponent.
  7. Cloning and summong are limited to 10 and summons must be peak human at best.
  8. Healing factor must allow character to be killed or be KOed. Has to be worse then 616 Deapool

Banned abilities

1. speed-stealing
  2. reality warping
  3. unkillable characters.
  4. time manipulation
  5. molecular manipulation
  6. Soul Manipulation

Your character is in character, but all are ready and willing to kill. This means they will fight as they normally do, but are aware that this a last man standing competition. You can take anything from your killed opponent.

Voting Rules(Please Read, voting is a little different here)

1. You vote for the person with the Least convincing Argument. Meaning who were did the worst
  2. You vote for who dies and this can be any number of people e.g Team 1 wins but with a casually. So the team can win but lose a member
  3. Vote based on the arguments not what you think about these character
  4. I have final say on whether a vote is counted.
  5. First to 5 votes loses

#2 Posted by EmperorThanos- (15047 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for deactivated-5b60e98a8eb99
#3 Posted by deactivated-5b60e98a8eb99 (11593 posts) - - Show Bio
Behold your DOOM
Behold your DOOM

#4 Posted by cdiddyman911 (5399 posts) - - Show Bio

Interesting, I'm looking forward to seeing just how dangerous Narberal is.

Avatar image for major_hellstrom
#5 Posted by Major_Hellstrom (16929 posts) - - Show Bio

Already? Lol

#6 Posted by deactivated-5b60e98a8eb99 (11593 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for blackspidey2099
#7 Posted by blackspidey2099 (5731 posts) - - Show Bio

T4V please.

#8 Posted by TheWatcherKing (17660 posts) - - Show Bio

hmm

#9 Edited by EmperorThanos- (15047 posts) - - Show Bio

@jucaslucasa Post

Narberal Gamma:

No Caption Provided

Bio:

Narberal was a mid-level NPC in the guild Ainz Ooal Gown, from the game Yggdrasil. When the game turned real for no reason, she became alive and sentient like all other NPCs.

Crushing that insect (Or arachnid, whatever):

The place they're fighting isn't really the best for Kaine, there aren't many structures he can use to get up high with his webs or wall climbing. There are those trees, but they don't seem very tall.

That'll be a huge problem, because as I said in the other thread, Narberal will be flying to grab the bulletproof armor. If she notices another person going for it, she can fly way up in the air, out of Kaine's reach, and keep attacking from there. His long-range attacks seem more limited than hers.

Also, in the original Hunger Games, all the items are stacked pretty close to each other. Even if here is different, they still shouldn't be particularly far away, and since there are other people fighting here as well, he might not have a lot of space to run around if she decides to pull a lot of AoE moves, might end up running into other players or going so far away that it's basically self BFR and nothing stops her from grabbing the armour and GTFO there.

Nuke'em from orbit:

Although she doesn't have that many feats, Nabe still got some good spells she can use here.

For example, one of the most basic spells for Arcane magic casters, a fireball.

No Caption Provided

Iguva=41, much weaker than Nabe in every way, was able to incinerate two giant mud monsters quite easily. This one could be extremely dangerous because, as far as I know, Kaine doesn't have a Spider-Sense. In that case, he might believe that just, say, sidestepping the fireball should be enough, and wouldn't be able to know that the thing would turn into a tornado of fire that can burn him to a crisp if he's anywhere near it.

The fireball that was the size of a human head flew through the air and blast into the lizardmen unit taking point.

Normally, fire would be put out when it come into contact with water, but this fireball was a magical phenomenon and ignored such common sense. The moment the fireball hit the water surface, it exploded as if it had collided with solid ground, creating a tornado of fire. The exploding flame engulfed several lizardmen— and disappeared. An illusion— it disappeared so fast that this was the feeling it gave. But the smell of burning flesh— from the lizardmen that laid on the ground motionless was definitely not an illusion.

Overlord - Volume 4

She also has electricity AoE attacks such as Electrosphere, that can instantly kill several people:

No Caption Provided

From Kaine's respect thread, he's got some great combat speed, dodging bullets with ease and such. But to dodge this kind of thing he needs some good travel speed.

If needed, she can use her strongest spell, Chain Dragon Lightning.

No Caption Provided

It spawns gigantic lightning dragons that can change direction in mid-air to strike their targets. It easily one shot two skeletal dragons, both extremely resistant to magic, and incinerated Khajit, the guy who could take an Electrosphere with just a few scratches.

And if she feels like it, she can turn invisible so that he doesn't know where the next attack is coming from:

"After listening to Ainz’s instructions, Nabe activated her concealment magic and disappeared. Following that, Narberal finished chanting her flying magic, then no trace of her was left behind."

Overlord, Volume 2

She can keep throwing those at him until he gets hit eventually.

Not dying:

If she keeps her distance, it seems his only method of attack is throwing webs at her. Even then, they should just bounce off her magic shield.

No Caption Provided

If he does manage to web her up or get close enough somehow, she can simply teleport away:

No Caption Provided

And even in a close combat fight, she shouldn't be that outmatched. Even though she's mainly a magic caster, her strength is ridiculous as well:

No Caption Provided

Conclusion:

I can't say that I'm a huge expert on Kaine, but from what I've seen Nabe should win without much trouble, her powerset should mean that he can't do anything to her, while she can attack him one-sidedly.

#10 Edited by EmperorThanos- (15047 posts) - - Show Bio

@vertigo- and @thewatcherking post

Kaine Parker- a.k.a The Scarlet Spider

"I'm sure as &*%$ not Peter Parker. But I might have his luck"- Point One

Brief Bio

Kaine is the result of an attempt by the Supervillain known as the Jackal to clone Spider Man, originally, Kaine was unstable and was slowly dying due to the failed results of the cloning. Eventually, Kaine is killed by Sasha during the Grim Hunt storyline in an attempt to bring back Kraven the Hunter. Kaine was later brought back to life and transformed further into the being called Tarantula. During the events of Spider Island, Kaine was cured of this mutation by Peter Parker and his degeneration was rendered null. Kaine's powers also changed to a general copy of Spider Man's, with some variations. Kaine put some distance between him and New York, originally intending to go to Mexico, but eventually wound up as Houston, Texas and eventually became it's resident vigilante, the Scarlet Spider!

Powerset- General rundown

• Wall Crawling
  • Night vision
  • Can communicate with Spiders
  • Retractable stingers in each forearm
  • Enhanced physicals (strength, speed, durability, etc)
  • Organic Webbing

Your offense vs my defense

Not gonna waste too much time on the formalities. Figured I'd jump right to the guts of things. I'm actually somewhat familiar with Nabe due to watching the first season of Overlord a while back. Now, while I'm not an expert on her, I can address some of the offense you will most likely bring to this battle.

Your teleportation

Now, I know Nabe can teleport, and I know she does this in combat, as she did so against Khajit to stab him in the back, as well as to avoid attacks from the Skeletal Dragons. This is most likely gonna be a pain to deal with, since it makes you really fast and tough to tag. Fortunately for me, Kaine actually has experience fighting teleporters, so he's not unaccustomed to using his own speed to compensate. For example, lets cite Scarlet Spider volume 2 issue 20, where Kaine is taking on multiple enemies at once, one of whom is explicitly referred to as a teleporter:

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2

Kaine had no idea what these people were capable of, but he immediately recognized that one was a teleporter, and was able to counter the incoming attack from behind it tried.

Let's also cite Scarlet Spider vol 2 issue 4, where Kaine is fighting a group of super powered assassins sent by the Assassin's Guild to kill him. Specifically, let's cite his encounter against the Smithy, who has teleporting abilities thanks to his technology:

No Caption Provided

Again, Kaine is able to react and dodge the intended killshot. He should be able to deal with Nabe's teleportation, thanks to his own experience fighting teleporters.

Your lightning

Now, to my knowledge, Nabe possess the ability to shoot blasts of electricity/ lightning (call it what you will). Now, I'm not sure how to quantify the speed of these attacks, so I'll leave that to you. I know that she has two variants to this, one being a basic beam of electricuty, the other being exceptionally more powerful. I'll be addressing the former, since I've brought my concerns with the latter to OKT already. So, to address how Kaine will deal with this, I'll cite his own reaction timing, as well as his experience with similar attacks

So, Kaine's own raw reaction speed is at the peak allowed for this scenario. Let's cite Scarlet Spider vol 2 issue 1 to show a wonderful demonstration:

No Caption Provided

This is clear cut bullet timing, as we see Kaine when the shots are fired, and we know that he moves after they are fired. There's no real dispute to be had.

So, now to move on to his experience with lightning users. Let's cite Scarlet Spider vol 2 issue 8, where Kaine manages to aim dodge attacks from Living Lightning while taking on the rest of the Rangers (superhero team):

No Caption Provided

I have other examples, but I don't want to post too many scans just yet. For now, this should suffice to show that Nabe should have major issues tagging Kaine with her lightning.

My offense

Now, to the best of my knowledge on Overlord, Nabe seems to primarily prefer fighting at a range, but should have some sort of close range abilities, since she knows how to use a sword. Now, I never got a good idea on how fast Nabe's own reaction and combat speeds actually are. So I'll most likely address that aspect in my next post when you bring it up. For now, i'll address Kaine's avenues of attack here.

Webbing

To start with, lets look at webbing. Unlike Spider Man, Kaine's webbing is entirely organic and doesn't require web shooters, or gear of any kind for him to use, so he can use it here:

No Caption Provided

In terms of tactics, Kaine can use this to blind Nabe, tie her up, etc. He can also use this to swing her down to the ground, much like he did to Sp0ck during their breif fight in Superior Spider Man Team Up issue 2:

No Caption Provided

It's not out of character for Kaine to use his webbing to gain the advantage over someone, whether it be tying them up, blinding them, or ragdolling them. The good ol' web incap argument is alive and well here.

Close range

Kaine's bread and butter is close range combat and he's taken on some heavy hitters in combat. From the likes of Carnage to Wolverine and he's given challenges to both. Kaine primarily uses his fists, as well as his retractable stingers (again, something else that's entirely organic) in order to deal damage and take down foes. So you're looking at someone who can deal both blunt force and piercing damage.

In terms of blunt force striking, let's cite Scarlet Spider vol 2 issue 1 where Kaine uses a combination of gravity and his own striking strength to completely total a Hummer:

No Caption Provided

In regards to his stingers, Kaine uses them in a pretty fatal way, he targets vital organs and whatnot. They're pretty effective. How effective you may ask? Let's just ask Wolverine. The following scan comes from Scarlet Spider vol 2 issue 17:

No Caption Provided

He's also used them to stab through skulls as well. Like I said, he's pretty lethal with them. And due to the rules of the scenario, he's willing to kill in character.

Now, for the icing on the cake

There's a certain X-factor in this debate, which makes this match even more in my favor. And yes, the pun is somewhat intentional. I have an ally in this matchup who's actually helping me. Allow me to turn things over to my partner @thewatcherking who's repping X-23. He'll give you a rundown on your other opponent here

The X-factor: Laura Kinney- A.K.A X-23

No Caption Provided

X-23's backstory

Cloned from the mutant Wolverine, X-23 was made to be the perfect weapon. With adamantium claws on both hands and feet,a healing factor, and heightened senses, she is more than able to live up to that.Becoming one of the world's most sought-after assassins while only a teenager, X-23 has been forced to kill for numerous organizations throughout her life.Now X-23 struggles to find the humanity that was so long denied to her...

Speed

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4Gallery image 5Gallery image 6
  1. Perceives bullets
  2. Slices Punisher's gun before he can pull the trigger
  3. Dodges point blank machine gunfire from behind
  4. Wolverine admits she is faster than he is
  5. Slices someone's hand faster than they can see.
  6. Deflects a bullet after it's been fired.

Strength

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4
  1. Rips a thick metal door off it's hinges
  2. Is stated to be at peak human condition as a kid
  3. Rips off the back of an ambulance door
  4. Throws someone into a wall hard enough that some of it breaks off

Skills/Training

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4Gallery image 5
  1. Knows 27 different ways to kill a person
  2. She is able to think about the most efficient way of killing people without conscious thought
  3. Is regarded as the deadliest assassin in the world
  4. Is said to have no equal in battle
  5. Has been trained to kill in the quickest and most decisive way possible.

To really show that X-23 is a really skilled fighter I will show a few examples of her fights.

Here X-23 solos a bunch of armed guards trained to take her down as a child.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3
X-23(2005) issue #6

X-23 is capable of doing something similar later, except this time she is far from at her best. The reason for that is because Kimera had tortured X-23 so much that her healing factor was taxed to a degree,she couldn't even heal heal arm for quite a while(did I mention her arm was missing)?

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4
X-Force(2008) issue #20

This shows how accomplished X-23 is at killing, as every mission she was ever sent to do by weapon x she completed faster than she was allowed.And this was while she was a kid mind you.

X-23(2005) issue

Heightened Senses

1. Her sense of smell is extremely good,she shows she is able to identify the age of a person, his race, and cholesterol level because of it.
  2. Can smell soldiers outside her apartment door, and hear them on the surrounding rooftops.
  3. Can hear her clone's heartbeat from outside her apartment.

Durability

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4Gallery image 5
  1. Is fine despite being rammed though four walls
  2. Tanks falling out of an airplane with enough force to create a crater
  3. tanks a punch from a giant while dying and without her healing factor
  4. Tanks a fall off a building with enough force to crater the ground
  5. Continuation of four.

Healing factor

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4Gallery image 5Gallery image 6Gallery image 7
  1. Heals fractured ankles in moments.
  2. Can fight for long periods of time due to her healing factor repairing her muscles.
  3. Heals from Lady Deathstrike tearing open her stomach in moments.
  4. Healing from having her leg basically torn off and her other leg dislocated in seconds.
  5. Heals from an explosion that destroyed an entire facility.
  6. Continuation of five.
  7. Wolverine admits X-23's healing factor is better than his.

The conclusion

You're hard pressed to win here. Our team has the means to dodge or deal with a ranged offensive from you, and you're gonna need to prove that you can outspeed two people at the speed limits in order to stand a chance in close range. Furthermore, you're going to have to compensate for the multiple ways our team can actually take you out. I already brought up web incap, but Laura herself can headstab Nabe or severely injure her should she get the chance, wether through her own means, or playing off Kaine's webbing.

I expect you'll give us more to counter after your first post, where you show more of what Nabe can do, but I'd say this should suffice for now.

#11 Posted by EmperorThanos- (15047 posts) - - Show Bio
#12 Posted by deactivated-5b60e98a8eb99 (11593 posts) - - Show Bio

@oldkingthanos: Ya know, if he actually had an ally all along you should have told me so that I could address it . . .

#13 Posted by EmperorThanos- (15047 posts) - - Show Bio

@jucaslucasa: The didn't publicly announce the ally part. They are allowed to keep it a secret

#14 Posted by deactivated-5b60e98a8eb99 (11593 posts) - - Show Bio

@oldkingthanos: Yeah, but if I'm fighting them in a battle thread I should know it, Nabe would see both coming regardless. With this you just make me waste a post where I don't put her into account, leaving me with only one left.

#15 Posted by TheWatcherKing (17660 posts) - - Show Bio

@oldkingthanos: Yeah, but if I'm fighting them in a battle thread I should know it, Nabe would see both coming regardless. With this you just make me waste a post where I don't put her into account, leaving me with only one left.

You realize that's the whole point of not publicly announcing it right?

#16 Edited by deactivated-5b60e98a8eb99 (11593 posts) - - Show Bio

@thewatcherking: Not at all. What he did is basically "Here, Kaine is alone, fight him . . . lol, jk". You can use alliances to trick people into thinking you're opponents, or for backstabs later, but this is not the same. It's a straight-up fight, being a secret means nothing, Nabe would see both charging at the armor anyway. It'd only make sense if he presented it as a free for all then you both said later that you were allies. And regarding a battle, we're only arguing how our characters would react to the circumstances, I can't do that if I'm not told the whole story

Whatever though, Laura is more hopeless than Kaine.

#17 Posted by TheWatcherKing (17660 posts) - - Show Bio

@thewatcherking: Not at all. What he did is basically "Here, Kaine is alone, fight him . . . lol, jk". You can use alliances to trick people into thinking you're opponents, or for backstabs later, but this is not the same. It's a straight-up fight, being a secret means nothing, Nabe would see both charging at the armor anyway. It'd only make sense if he presented it as a free for all then you both said later that you were allies. And regarding a battle, we're only arguing how our characters would react to the circumstances, I can't do that if I'm not told the whole story

Keep thinking that, I guarantee you won't like the results when this gets to voting.

#18 Posted by Vertigo- (16747 posts) - - Show Bio

@oldkingthanos: You might want to let Jucas know of your ruling about a certain attack

#19 Posted by cdiddyman911 (5399 posts) - - Show Bio

Did I just see an AOE building level lightning attack? Wut o.0

#20 Posted by deactivated-5b60e98a8eb99 (11593 posts) - - Show Bio

@cdiddyman911: If you mean Dragon Lightning, it's not above tank busting for sure.

#21 Posted by deactivated-5b60e98a8eb99 (11593 posts) - - Show Bio
#23 Posted by EmperorThanos- (15047 posts) - - Show Bio
@vertigo- said:

@oldkingthanos: You might want to let Jucas know of your ruling about a certain attack

Like I said you should bring it up. By that I meant in your post.

#24 Posted by Vertigo- (16747 posts) - - Show Bio

@oldkingthanos: My first post of my counter post? Either way, cats outta the bag now

#26 Posted by EmperorThanos- (15047 posts) - - Show Bio

@vertigo- said:

@oldkingthanos: My first post of my counter post? Either way, cats outta the bag now

I meant first post. Just so he could see it before he made his second post.

#28 Posted by EmperorThanos- (15047 posts) - - Show Bio

Not necessarily. Laura would really only jump in after the fight as begun since she was getting her own weapons at the time. And when she would come to help the battle would have begun. That was my thought process. On the other with TLSSH and his team battle. They all wen to grab the impact dial together and so he could see they were all there.

#29 Posted by EmperorThanos- (15047 posts) - - Show Bio

@vertigo- said:

@oldkingthanos said:
@vertigo- said:

I meant first post. Just so he could see it before he made his second post.

Oh. I thought you'd tell him before he made his first one, since he had to PM it to you and all

I just skimmed the posts so I must have missed it. Anyway I guess it's too late now. My idea was to let the voters decide on whether it goes over the limits. So you post in your opener @jucaslucasa can make his case as to why it isn't above the limits

#32 Posted by cdiddyman911 (5399 posts) - - Show Bio

@jucaslucasa: I was talking about the electrosphere, because it seemed to engulf that church. Not saying it could destroy a building, but that it was at least the size of the building, from that clip.

#33 Posted by deactivated-5b60e98a8eb99 (11593 posts) - - Show Bio

@cdiddyman911: That's AoE, not destructive power, the church was undamaged after that.

#34 Posted by cdiddyman911 (5399 posts) - - Show Bio
#36 Posted by EmperorThanos- (15047 posts) - - Show Bio

@vertigo-: Sorry my english is bad at times. I was made aware that she had lightening just not the extent but I didn't make a ruling against since I didn't see anything above the limits. She did seem at fine(Me being lazy and not watching the entire video). The dragon feat is above tank busting but it isn't clear cut which is why I didn't make a strict ruling and just said you should bring it up instead for the voters

#38 Posted by Just_Banter (12212 posts) - - Show Bio

tfw most of the debate is outside of posts

#39 Posted by TheWatcherKing (17660 posts) - - Show Bio

My thoughts exactly.

#41 Edited by deactivated-5b60e98a8eb99 (11593 posts) - - Show Bio
@just_banter said:

My thoughts exactly.

With only 2 posts that we have to put up at the same time, you can't really debate much tbh.

#42 Posted by EmperorThanos- (15047 posts) - - Show Bio

@jucaslucasa: @vertigo-:Ok I'll just do what I probably should ahve done. I will ask the other GM/Bosses whether they feel it is above the limits or not.

I'll let you both remake your posts seeing as how you are ahead of everyone else it should be fine. Though Jucas I still feel that the Laura thing should be a secret so even with the remade post I don't think you should be allowed to to counter or have a strat towards her.

#45 Posted by EmperorThanos- (15047 posts) - - Show Bio

@thewatcherking: The redoing of posts isn't do with Laura. That's why I siad even if does redo he can't post anything in regards to Laura

#46 Posted by deactivated-5b60e98a8eb99 (11593 posts) - - Show Bio

@oldkingthanos: Just let the voters decide.

Why shouldn't I? That's just giving them a nonsensical advantage, their alliance being a secret doesn't impact the actual fight in any way.

#47 Posted by Vertigo- (16747 posts) - - Show Bio
#48 Posted by Streak619 (5376 posts) - - Show Bio

You should really decide this in PMs. You're driving your own thread off topic

#49 Posted by deactivated-5b60e98a8eb99 (11593 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for major_hellstrom
#50 Posted by Major_Hellstrom (16929 posts) - - Show Bio

How come X-23 is in the post but not the OP? Am I missing something here?