Hunger Games Gear Battle: Jirni(Primez0ne) vs Surgia, Wrath of Gaea(Joewell911)

emperorthanos-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 emperorthanos-  Moderator
No Caption Provided

Hunger Games: Gear Battle

Jirni(@primez0ne)

No Caption Provided

Jirni

• Mind: Jin Mori
  • Body: Ult. Jessica Drew
  • Powers: Rei Ogami's Azure flames and Ult. Kitty Pryde's density manipulation
  • Skill Set: Hayato Shingu

No Caption Provided

Surgia, Wrath of Gaea(@joewell911)

No Caption Provided

She is in pain. Everyday, they destroy her more and more. Her limbs are broken, her breath is held, her insides are ripped from her. Bloodied and bruised, for everyone to see. She is drained and violated, nothing more than a sack of resource. Yet, no one seems to care.

No longer.

She is tired of abuse, now. No more standing by as they use her. No more screaming in terror. Now it is time she makes them feel what they have done. She will tear down what they have brought up one by one, until there is nothing left. Her children are more powerful than anything they have built. One day she will be in peace; bountiful fields of green, endless blue and white skies, bright flowers and harmonic animals, all as things should be.

But that can only happen through removal of this parasite.

The Wrath of Gaea is born.

Battle Ground

No Caption Provided

Voting Rules(Please Read, voting is a little different here)

1. You vote for the person with the Least convincing Argument. Meaning who were did the worst
  2. You vote for who dies and this can be any number of people e.g Team 1 wins but with a casually. So the team can win but lose a member
  3. Vote based on the arguments not what you think about these character
  4. I have final say on whether a vote is counted.
  5. First to 5 votes loses
emperorthanos-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 emperorthanos-  Moderator

@primez0ne@joewell911

Thread is up. You need to pm me your openers within a week. It's a total of 2 posts each.

Joewell911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

emperorthanos-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 emperorthanos-  Moderator

@joewell911

Enter; Surgia, the Wrath of Gaea!!

No Caption Provided

"From the Earth I crawl, to the Earth they fall."

Loading Video...

Now, it says to skip openers, so I'll do just that. Respect threads are properly linked and I'll back up anything I say in the section below. Without further ado;

The Gameplan

Surgia's goal here is simple: Eliminate the threat, get the item. There will be no twiddling of the thumbs or witty banter, and with the mind of a wrathful hunter, that's assured.

Assuming all goes according to plan, here's how things go.

• They spot each other from across the arena. Surgia understands there will be conflict and resolves to end it quickly. A breath after sight is made and the earth is made to consume Jimri like so:

Less than a breath after it hit, Nissa called out to the land beyond the corruption on both sides of what was once the thicket, willing it to rise up like two tidal waves and crash down on top of the Eldrazi.

The monster was both killed and buried in the same stroke.

The Silent Cry

Note the speed this attack moves at, "less than a breath" "killed in buried in the same stroke"

And while the earth rises up around her, the ground below will swallow as well.

Sorin vaulted off the broken ground and leapt straight toward her, teeth bared, sword glinting in the light of that strange, looming moon. She jumped from the column and landed on the ground in a crouch. Sorin hit the stone column feet first, ready to spring off of it and attack her again—but the stone column simply swallowed him.

She stood, fists clenched, squeezing Sorin in the stone.

Stone and Blood

Now, depending on how Jimri reacts to this, this fight could go different ways from here.

1. Jimri goes intangible and is buried: This route ends in death for her. While the earth itself wouldn't touch her, she'd still be buried underneath several tons of ground. And she, according to this scan, can't see underground and more importantly, can't breath. While Surgia would know her exact location due to her stone sense (quote below), and be able to push her down more and more until she suffocates (because while intangible, she still is described as "swimming" through the earth. Surgia should easily be able to push her down deep enough to run her out of breath.)
  2. Jimri attempts to dodge: This route also very likely instantly ends in death. While Ult. Jessica is fast, I've seen nothing to say she can avoid two massive waves of earth from all sides, especially at the speed it moves at with zero prior knowledge. Especially considering the very ground she's standing on will being assisting in slowing her down. However, if you can bring up something saying she can do this, this fight is strictly downhill from there. She'll be on the defensive, and that will only end poorly for her (see below for more detail)
  3. Jimri airwalks away: This is kind of bunched in with the 2nd option, but slightly different. Using Kitty's airwalking ability sounds like a good idea to avoid the attack and may be the best option for survival initially, but ends the same way. While airwalking, Kitty can be tagged as tangible and made to fall if distracted. As seen below, Surgia has many options to distract and snipe her out of the air.

***Note, I am bringing up feats from the 616 Kitty because-as far as I know-nothing contradicts these specific weaknesses in Ultimate and the power itself is the same. If I'm wrong here, feel free to let me know.***

The clipped, dry voice was right behind her, close enough that she should have heard the man walk up to her, should have felt his breath on her neck. But he walked like a cat, and he drew no breath, and the thought of his lips so close to her throat made her shudder. Vampire.

She'd known he was there anyway—he was walking on bare stone, after all—but he himself had told her not to let anyone know all her tricks. Not even her friends, which she wasn't at all sure he was.

The Lithomancer

Sensing an otherwise unseen vampire just because he touches ground.

She snarled and sent a storm of stone darts flying at him, each the size of her forearm and sharpened to a wicked point.

Sorin blasted a few of the shards to dust before they reached him, sent several more spinning away with a sweep of his sword, and grunted as three more pierced his body.....Sorin pulled the stone darts from his body one by one, the wounds closing bloodlessly. He stalked toward her.

Stone and Blood

Stone spears for the long range game. Fast enough to tag Sorin, a vampire who is casually FTE to superhumans and moves at around sonic speeds.

The earth rose around her.

A large spur of rock and soil and root thrust up from the ground seeking to impale the oncoming dragon. Bolas swerved at the last moment, but more spurs launched, deadly spears aiming to kill. He avoided them but circled around wide.

"Yeah! Go Nissa!" She glanced over at Nissa on the far side of the ruined plaza, and saw her friend completely outlined in a green aura, as she wielded the earth against the dragon. She knew Nissa would come up with something great. Chandra was now protected, cradled between several spurs of thick rock, able to launch her fire at will. "We can do this . . ."

Hour of Devastation

Huge spears of rock at an airborn dragon while also shielding herself and another character.

Now, even if somehow she manages to survive this initial attack, Surgia should still be heavily favored in direct combat. I'll talk more about this in the Counters section, but to give a taste:

1. She's has the speed to deflect minigun fire while charging the gunsman, the strength to slice through solid steel robots, and durability to tank a blast that knocked her through steel.
  2. She can pull swords from the ground and wield them telekinetically.
  3. Her skill is stupidly good. Best assassin in her universe, "fullproof" strategies on the fly against people who should outpower her, deflect projectiles back at opponents, defeating a citybusting general who is skilled enough to literally solo one million trained soldiers.

Not even mentioning the fact that at all points in time during the fight, roots that can stagger building-sized monsters, spikes of stone, and more tidal waves of earth will be a constant hazard even as Surgia attacks. There will simply be too much to deal with in addition to the physical assault of Surgia, Jimri will eventually give out and fall.

Preemptive Counters

Let's talk about Jimri for a moment, shall we?

First up, the body. Ultimate Jessica Drew. While around as fast as a distracted Ult. Spidey, she lacks severely in strength and piercing durability in comparison to Surgia. The durability part is huge, considering how many pointy bits will be flying towards her. One fair hit to the vitals (which my skill allows me to always aim for) should take her down for good.

And as far as speed goes, I'd say Surgia is within the realm of tagging her quite consistently.

Here she is beaten down by two superhumans. This scan proves she has an issue with attacks from multiple angles as well as being outnumbered, something Surgia can mimic with roots and stone spikes from behind.

One of the vampires lunged for Nahiri, but her vengeance was too near now for such distractions. A twitch of her finger, and a lance of stone emerged suddenly from the floor. It caught the armored bloodsucker under the breastplate through the abdomen, rising until it punched through the polished red steel at the shoulder with a shrill whine. The vampire just slumped in place, and Nahiri stepped past him as he slowly sank down the length of the stone quill.

Campaign of Vengence

Keep in mind even fodder vampires in that universe are blur speed and he was wearing full armor.

There is also this. Her being tagged multiple times by Black Racer, someone who I'm fairly certain has worse feats than Blake.

So with that, I think Surgia has a fair edge in physicals and can reliably tag Jimri with enough attacks to bring her down.

For your skill, I can't manage to find much besides the fact he is a hand to hand brawler that can take on groups of thugs. I mean, eh? Unless I'm missing something major, Akame should be much higher in this ranking.

Next, we can move to the powers.

Ult. Kitty's density manipulation is admittedly strong. That being said, Surgia counters it quite perfectly! With her ability to rise up large portions of earth, even if Jimri phases, she'll still suffocate after being pushed deep into the ground. It's also worth mentioning that while this can be used to dodge most of my other attacks, I believe it requires some degree of concentration to use. As far as I'm aware, she can't both become intangible and fight prolonged battles at once, meaning Surgia can overcome the ability by switching between assaulting with sharp stone and large waves of earth.

Next up, we have those nasty flames. I've done some research and that stuff is hot. However, once again, Surgia has an oddly specific counter to it. It's like we were meant to fight! She has several options in dealing with it:

1. The flames seem to have a very limited range (correct me if I'm wrong here) and Surgia could simple avoid it with sheer speed.
  2. Walls of rock and stone should also be quite effective in defending from the flames. The Azure Flames seem to clock out at disintegrating humans and while they can't be put out, they can be buried so they aren't an issue.
  3. Lastly, we have my favorite option, leyline shenanigans! Read here:

Sorin just raised a pale hand, and jets of black, smoky energy streaked out. Death was in those trails of shadow, death meant for Nahiri. It appeared that he desired none of the pretense or poetry of a proper duel. Her end would be enough, and she watched Sorin, unmoving, as the sinister fingers reached for her.

But the fingers never touched her. They suddenly broke apart, and flew in several directions, tracing contours in the air that were otherwise invisible. Sorin unleashed a second torrent of death magic just as the first errant bolts completed their tortuous paths back to their source, crashing into the vampire in a rapid sequence of high hisses. Sorin fell to one knee, biting his lip in anguish, and from between the plates of his armor, dark vapor rose from unseen wounds.

"You must think very little of me if you thought that would work," Nahiri said as the second cluster of magic struck home just as the first had. "Magic flows through leylines. Leylines pass through stone. And, well, we both know what I can do with that. So by all means, Sorin, try that garbage again."

Campaign of Vengence

Through lithomancy, Surgia will be able to redirect any magic based attack right back at you through some magijabble that I don't quite get. All I know was that it worked on Sorin, whose death magic can wipe out entire armies at once.

Lastly, a nice catch all defensive technique in case you manage to beat through all of that:

For several moments her eyes darted around furiously, scanning for any hint of movement. Then, a flash of silver, and all Nahiri could do was slide into the wall itself so that Sorin's blade bounced away with a deafening knell that rang for several moments through the stone.

CoV

She sank down into a womb of stone, and for a moment she left behind her anger and Sorin's damnable arrogance and that strange and unyielding chunk of silver whose purpose she still couldn't grasp. There was only her and the stone, cut off from everything save the slow and steady heartbeat of the world, like it had been for five thousand years.

Stone and Blood

With Nahiri's power, Surgia can sink down into and travel through solid stone for an indefinite about of time. This should be able to protect the elementalist from anything that can't be dealt with otherwise.

And now that that's through, we move to the finale of my opener!

Summary

1. The initial attack should be able to do some serious damage-if not kill you-due to it's speed, size, and how perfectly it counters your powers.
  2. Even if you survive, Surgia is heavily favored in a direct fight. Earth waves and Gaea vore-ery get past intangibility while stone walls and leyline control deal with the fire. Physically, I should be at least slightly better in every regard that matters and I believe I outskill you by a fair bit as well.
  3. If things ever start to go wrong for some strange reason, Surgia can always take the item and escape through stone travel. Jimri has no comfortable way to dive into the ground after her, so it'll basically be a tied game at that point.

Basically, Surgia should be able to win this fight unscathed due to her ability to avoid most any attack you throw her way, her AoE battlefield manipulation, her perfect counters to each of your powers, and her skill on how to most efficiently defeat opponents.

emperorthanos-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 emperorthanos-  Moderator

@primez0ne

No Caption Provided

Jirni the Breaker

• Superhuman Physicals
  • Expert Martial Artist
  • Supernatural Flame manipulation
  • Density control

Physicals

Jirni has quite a bit of agility and strength gained from Ultimate Jessica Drew's body. Now she's not quite at the scenario's limits, but they are still enough to keep her in the same league.

Here you can see her grab Peter and escape multiple metahumans including the Fantastic Four fairly easily.

In terms of speed and reactions she has your usual bullet timing feats and being able to fight other bullet-timers.

In the first she is able to dodge bullets from a superhuman marksman, dodges bullets while drugged in the second, and lastly fight Ult. Peter Parker.

For strength she has been able to knock out an alternate universe Human Torch capable of taking shots from Kaine and an Alternate Iron man.

In terms of base durability she can tank a big fall, a thunderclap by the Hulk, and thrown out of an alley without slowing down.

Honestly her physicals would not alone beat anyone here, but her skills and powers more than make up for it.

Skills

Jirni's martial arts style is heavily focused on reading the opponent's movements and counterattacking. This style utilizes one technique in particular that allows for a special type of movement reading that makes even Cassandra Cain's look weak in comparison.

Let us begin by going over the feats associated with the Shingu school of martial arts. To properly do so I will need to present the feats of some of his opponents, the cyborgs. Here are some of their feats, so you get a good idea of how fast they are:

Essentially they are more than capable of keeping up with Takashi, an fighter capable of supersonic speed. While they battled him, Hayato took advantage of his training to predict their movement and easily started tagging them.

Now to go one step further he later battles a whole group of them who were completely focused on him and setting their acceleration devices to maximum, which they did not do even for Takashi.

Just for extra context here is how many he killed in the end. He had help, but at least half if not more was solely him.

Now in case you may want to make the argument that Hayato has the speed to react to them normally here is how a fight went down between him and the cyborgs before he used this technique.

As you can see once again he cannot even perceive them although they only moved FTE in this instance.

Finally let's go over a feat that I think will prove very usual in this debate. Here Hayato evades laser attack coming from an invisible enemy after taking control of a body completely new to him.

This feat proves Jirni can easily dodge any projectiles coming her way even if they "strike from all directions".

To conclude this section I would like to remind you that Jirni's body is superior to Hayato's meaning she should easily be able to repeat and even surpass these feats considering her superior speed/agility.

Powers

Let's start with her density control powers which go nicely to complement her physicals in terms of both offense and defense. Using her hyperdensity she can amp both her striking power and durability to the limits. Using her intangibility she can easily evade any attack that she cannot dodge.

Next is her ability to manipulate the Azure flames. These supernatural flames are generally hard to extinguish and usually only stop when their target dies. In its weakest state while sealed the flames still burn people fairly easily.

Even worse for you Jirni can project the flames from her whole body meaning that just getting near her will prove fatal.

Context: The girl he's carrying is a power negator which can work passively

Whenever Jirni reaches a certain range of her opponent she can hit them with flames that are very hard to escape due to AoE and near impossible to extinguish.

Gameplan

Jirni's fight style is fairly simple. She will try to melt, evade, or phase(in that order) through anything that comes her way and then proceed to either incinerate or punch her opponent to death with super dense fists. Nothing fancy.

emperorthanos-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 emperorthanos-  Moderator
Joewell911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oohh. I missed a looot for your skill. Still think I can keep up, but my section on that does look quite lowball-y now lol.

My post should be ready tomorrow.

TheWatcherKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

T4V

Jooosh1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

T4v

Avatar image for deactivated-5d26a3a3d293d
deactivated-5d26a3a3d293d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

T4V. What item are they fighting for?

TheWatcherKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@geekryan said:

T4V. What item are they fighting for?

Med kits.

Primez0ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@joewell911: @emperorthanos-: I'll post either today or tomorrow.

Oohh. I missed a looot for your skill. Still think I can keep up, but my section on that does look quite lowball-y now lol.

My post should be ready tomorrow.

That's weird when I used these same skills in the School scenario with Tak.

Joewell911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@primez0ne: Huh. Didn’t pay enough attention. Though I fixed that in my second post.

Mine is up. Take ya time.

Primez0ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Almost done. I'll finish it tomorrow

Joewell911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Joewell911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Primez0ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

emperorthanos-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 emperorthanos-  Moderator
Joewell911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@primez0ne: @emperorthanos-: Oh, okay, gotcha. Should just be a simple copy/paste thing tho, right? Then votes?

No rush, obvi, just making sure I have everything in order.

emperorthanos-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 emperorthanos-  Moderator

Round 2!(@joewell911)

While I covered a large chunk of Jirni and the fight in my opener, I missed a lot of the skill (I swear that char doesn't exist on the internet) and a couple bits and pieces here and there. So this second post will me mainly just going back and reaffirming and saying how I can still overcome your skill.

Without further ado, let's get into the counters!

Counters

No Caption Provided

Honestly her physicals would not alone beat anyone here, but her skills and powers more than make up for it.

I'll just go ahead and cover the physicals all in one go. All in all, I don't think they'll be a huge factor either way in anything more than dodging, but it's still nice to compare.

• Strength: No Advantage. While Jirni can tear metal and KO superhumans, Surgia can do the same to each (KOing Adam, who tanked that big blast in the first post.). They're pretty much on the same level and in a fight like this, it doesn't much matter anyways.
  • Speed: Advantage Surgia. Jirni may have an upperhand in agility, but in combat speed, travel speed, and reaction time Surgia should hold an advantage. Actively slicing bullets out of the air is plenty more difficult than dodging them, due to the accuracy required, she'd actually have to perceive the bullets and pull her sword to that area rather than just dodging the staying out of the place where the gunsman aims. In combat speed, she can stomp a bullet timer without taking a single hit. And, unlike yours, he was fully focused lol.
  • Durability: Advantage Surgia. Aura is what makes a big difference here. While Jirni can take a fair amount of blunt force, Surgia can take equally as much there as well as slashing and piercing damage all the same due to Aura. It's also worth noting your character has next to nothing against piercing, which describes 99% of my attacks.

Overall in stats Jirni can keep up, but Surgia holds the advantage in a couple categories nonetheless.

Jirni's martial arts style is heavily focused on reading the opponent's movements and counterattacking. This style utilizes one technique in particular that allows for a special type of movement reading that makes even Cassandra Cain's look weak in comparison.

And once again, it was like God was guiding my hand as I was making my character, because I counter this perfectly with Akame's skill.

See here. Akame is entirely immune to movement reading and precognition. If you look earlier in that video, you'll see Zank easily be able to dance around Tatsumi, calling his next move outloud. Against Akame, he directly states he can't read her and can hardly land a hit. Let's keep in mind this opponent is a trained mass murderer who goes untouched by entire police forces. His skill is so great, he defeated Tatsumi-someone who has trained for his life to join the Imperial Guard-without taking much of any damage.

So with that in place, you'll be looking much more like your fourth set of scans than anything.

It's also worth noting that a large majority of the attacks aren't even coming from Surgia. They're coming from the ground itself. Movement reading won't tell you a thing about the massive earth waves rising up from the ground, or the FTE earth spike that shot out from the ground a foot from your back.

This feat proves Jirni can easily dodge any projectiles coming her way even if they "strike from all directions".

Hardly. Surgia doesn't deal just deal with simple projectiles like that. You're fighting the earth itself. At all points in time during this fight, you'll be dealing with roots and vines tearing at you from below, waves of earth coming at you from all sides, and literal storms (multiple dozen) of arrows of stone raining down on you. Not only can your body not keep up with that, but your skill won't be able to read it, because you've never encountered anything like it. And you showed yourself what happens when your skill can't read things.

No Caption Provided

All of my projectile attacks have even specifically shown the ability to tag people around as fast as your character, and those people knew exactly what she could do. Jirni doesn't, and she'll eventually be hit. And due to her low piercing durability, it'll only take one hit before she goes down (remember, always aiming for the vitals.)

Let's start with her density control powers which go nicely to complement her physicals in terms of both offense and defense. Using her hyperdensity she can amp both her striking power and durability to the limits. Using her intangibility she can easily evade any attack that she cannot dodge.

I have an issue with this as it implies that she'll be able to tell in advanced that she can't dodge an attack. That would defeat the entire purpose, no? If she's being hit, she obviously wasn't fast enough to react, therefor she wouldn't be able to turn intangible in time either.

Besides that, I've already countered intangibility in burial.

As for hyperdensity, I don't see it much protecting from stabbing damage, but even if it does burial still works just fine. Surgia stone was able to bind Sorin, who can punch an angel through a building.

She leaned into the masonry at her back, and it responded to her coaxing by unfurling to either side of her. Each heart beat was torment, but she pushed through it to whisper, "I can bite back, Sorin, and I've got bigger teeth than you."

The stone crashed in around them, and rows of jagged stone tusks tore into Sorin from his legs to his ribs. His sword flew from his hand, and a yelp of agony exploded from his lips. Nahiri shoved herself free of him, passing through the solid stone so that only Sorin remained. The stone tightened in on him until it had him in its grasp. By the time Nahiri was finished with her work, Sorin hung in air, gripped in Nahiri's magic. There was no planeswalking from this. The stone teeth that held him chewed at his insides, keeping him in a perpetual anguish that would sap the focus he would need to leave this place.

Campaign of Vengeance

No Caption Provided

And this character pushing an angel through a church:

When we fall, it is not from gravity, not from a weakness in my wings. We fall because he drives us down, his strength slamming us from the height of the Cathedral down to its floor.

Through its floor.

When we slam to a halt, we lie in the cellar of Thraben Cathedral, a ragged hole of marble above us. Markov's sword balances on the edge of the hole, then falls beside us, sticking point-down in the stone.

I Am Avacyn

It's some durable rock.

Next is her ability to manipulate the Azure flames. These supernatural flames are generally hard to extinguish and usually only stop when their target dies. In its weakest state while sealed the flames still burn people fairly easily.

Ah, wonderful. Supernatural, therefor able to be controlled through Surgia's leyline manipulation. These should be a nonfactor, being sent right back at Jirni if she decides to use them. Regardless, I'll counter as if that wasn't a thing as well.

Due to Aura, I don't see this being able to even one shot Surgia if it does somehow manage to land. Explosions get pretty hot as well, but Blake casually works past those.

In addition, due to lithomancy, Surgia should be near immune to heat. Lithomancers plunge their bear hands into molten rock to pull out weaponry, then wield the still red hot weapons and can't feel the heat at all due to magic.

Nahiri reached out to a nearby stone and let an old spell awaken inside her, a spell she had learned when she was still mortal, and still young. There was metal in stone, and this stone was every stone. She plunged her hand into the living rock, which melted and foamed around her milk-white hand.

Some of the refugees gasped. Sorin frowned. The girl just watched.

Nahiri called to the metal in the stone, and felt her hand close around the hilt of a sword. She pulled, and an elegant blade slid free of the molten rock.

The Lithomancer

Molten rock can to reduce humans to ash, and yet.

Even with all this natural durability, I doubt Surgia will have to ever take it (Even with ignoring leyline control). Her speed alone should allow her to dodge any projectile attacks, as I doubt they move faster than fully automatic gunfire. Not to mention this girl can JUMP.

In addition to dodging, we have shields of earth. Burying the flames is a fine way to put them out. Or just burying Jirni. Either way, they can block hits from Sorin, and you see his strength above.

She pulled on the land itself, rolling it upward into a low wall, forming a protective barrier around the people, using the rock as an anchor point.

They would be safe, they would not be harmed.

The Silent Cry

Also able to defend large groups of people from this thing:

No Caption Provided

And if, by any chance, this fire does manage to hit Surgia, she can always dive into the ground herself and put it out.

Surgia has a multitude of ways of dealing with it, and due to it's magical nature and lack of speed and simplicity, it shouldn't be a big factor.

Even worse for you Jirni can project the flames from her whole body meaning that just getting near her will prove fatal.

Whenever Jirni reaches a certain range of her opponent she can hit them with flames that are very hard to escape due to AoE and near impossible to extinguish.

Eh. Most of this fight will be fought at a range anyways. The Gameplan here was to assault with the earth from whatever the starting distance is, and since Surgia's travel speed is greater I doubt Jirni can close that distance. If she does manage to get close, Surgia either throws a huge earth wave at her to push her back, or dive into the ground herself and escapes. This also won't protect her from any of Surgia's earth based attacks, as the fire doesn't seem to be hot enough to melt stone.

So really, the fire aura may keep you from being slew up close, but that wasn't the plan either way.

Conclusion and Final Counter

Bunching these into one for ease of reading.

Jirni's fight style is fairly simple. She will try to melt, evade, or phase(in that order) through anything that comes her way and then proceed to either incinerate or punch her opponent to death with super dense fists. Nothing fancy.

Too simple to deal with the sheer variety that Surgia has to offer.

• Melting won't work on super durable magical stone when you haven't shown it to be able to do that to even normal stone. The fire is nearly a non-factor and will actively play against Jirni if she decides to use it offensively.
  • She'll obviously be able to evade some attacks, but there's simply too much to deal with. Let's take a look at everything that'll be coming at her back to back to back, often multiple at a time.
    • Waves of earth that move in the span of a heatbeat than instantly bury the victim.
    • Spikes of stone that blitz FTE vampires and come from directly beneath her feet.
    • Storms of stone arrows that can tag Sorin, who is FTE to superhumans and described directly as moving at the speed of sound.
    • Roots and vines that burst directly from the ground and move fast enough to dissemble a robot in seconds.
    • Multiple swords controlled telekinetically by Surgia that can be pulled from the ground and wielded with her skill.
    • The ground itself pulling at her and attempting to swallow her mid-combat.
  • Not to mention, movement reading doesn't work due to your lack of knowledge on this type of attack and my characters natural immunity to it with Akame's skill.
  • By the time she thinks to phase, she'll most likely already have been hit. But even that is countered in burial underneath the earth.
  • Neither of the wincons here are very valid. Fire can be redirected, dodged, or buried with a flick of a finger. She should never get close enough to "punch out" Surgia, due to having to fight the ground itself to get there and since she can sink into the ground if she ever feels in danger. Not to mention that, without movement reading, Surgia still holds a skill advantage and a few slight stats ones.

In conclusion, while Surgia has a multitude of ways to put Jinri down, she has nearly nothing that'll actually work on my gal. The Wrath of Gaea will take this fight due to perfectly countering every offense you have and being able to overwhelm your stats and skill at a comfy distance.

emperorthanos-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 emperorthanos-  Moderator

Counters(@primez0ne)

Jimri goes intangible and is buried: This route ends in death for her. While the earth itself wouldn't touch her, she'd still be buried underneath several tons of ground. And she, according to this scan, can't see underground and more importantly, can't breath. While Surgia would know her exact location due to her stone sense (quote below), and be able to push her down more and more until she suffocates (because while intangible, she still is described as "swimming" through the earth. Surgia should easily be able to push her down deep enough to run her out of breath.)

This is a very creative tactic. Unfortunately I do not think it will go over so well as that weakness has never came up for Ultimate Kitty Pryde.

No Caption Provided

Here Ult. Kitty Pryde shows that she can indeed stay intangible for quite a bit of time considering she needed to stay that way to evade Wolverine's detection. Also her ability tends to make her logically hard to detect by normal means as shown above, so you would need to provide feats for why Surgia can detect an out of sight(underground) immaterial entity.

Jimri airwalks away: This is kind of bunched in with the 2nd option, but slightly different. Using Kitty's airwalking ability sounds like a good idea to avoid the attack and may be the best option for survival initially, but ends the same way. While airwalking, Kitty can be tagged as tangible and made to fall if distracted. As seen below, Surgia has many options to distract and snipe her out of the air.

Well besides differences between the 616 and 1610 versions like I showed above, Jirni should be able to dodge your attacks quite easily. I have shown someone with her skillset with lower physicals dodge attacks just as if not faster than this.

Stone spears for the long range game. Fast enough to tag Sorin, a vampire who is casually FTE to superhumans and moves at around sonic speeds.

Jirni can fight people this fast without even getting tagged. She can also simply melt the stone spears like Ogami melts any bullets trying to reach him. Unlike that specific feat Jirni can use the unsealed full body flame cloak that Ogami gets later in the series. The fact that Sorin still reacted to the projectiles, but got overwhelmed due to the number does bode well for someone like Jirni who can anticipate and/or block the projectiles unlike an unaware Kitty Pryde.

Now, even if somehow she manages to survive this initial attack, Surgia should still be heavily favored in direct combat. I'll talk more about this in the Counters section, but to give a taste:

I would still give the overall CQC advantage to Jirni. Consistent burn damage, versatile defensive options, and being able to read the movements of her opponent give her a good chance to go untouched while pouring on plenty of damage over time.

First up, the body. Ultimate Jessica Drew. While around as fast as a distracted Ult. Spidey, she lacks severely in strength and piercing durability in comparison to Surgia. The durability part is huge, considering how many pointy bits will be flying towards her. One fair hit to the vitals (which my skill allows me to always aim for) should take her down for good.

None of this matters when Jirni can anticipate your attacks, phase through them, melt projectiles, and amp her striking power/durability through going hyperdense, etc.

Also good job for you, Joewell, being the first to mention Ult. Peter when that instance just makes Jess look better. Nothing in that short fight suggested he moved slower than he normally does either.

Here she is beaten down by two superhumans. This scan proves she has an issue with attacks from multiple angles as well as being outnumbered, something Surgia can mimic with roots and stone spikes from behind.

I have shown feats that prove Jirni can more than deal with this in my opener. Discussing just her physicals alone without taking into account the myriad of abilities she has that enhances them weakens your argument.

There is also this. Her being tagged multiple times by Black Racer, someone who I'm fairly certain has worse feats than Blake.

Considering that is Black Racer's only feat, I doubt it.

So with that, I think Surgia has a fair edge in physicals and can reliably tag Jimri with enough attacks to bring her down.

For your skill, I can't manage to find much besides the fact he is a hand to hand brawler that can take on groups of thugs. I mean, eh? Unless I'm missing something major, Akame should be much higher in this ranking.

You assumed too much with this group of statements. I did not include a "preemptive counter" section for this very reason. In order to further showcase her skills I will show off Hayato Shingu's fight against Kou Kurangi, a superhuman martial artist.

Kou Karunagi has the ability to blitz-stomp the same cyborgs I showed off earlier that could easily fight at supersonic speeds.

When he faced Hayato Shingu earlier he lost decisively and could not even get a hit in towards the end.

This happened despite the fact that Karunagi also possessed an overall physical advantage with his physical strength alone as Hayato had to roll with his punches to dissipate the force. It also helps to remember that Jirni is faster and stronger than Hayato, so this kind of fight would have been easy for her.

I have not watched Akame ga Kill, but I do know of a special instance where she faced off against someone of similar abilities. Unfortunately her movements were still clearly read by him and his movement reading came from an item(not skills) while not possessing feats as good as Hayato's.

Ult. Kitty's density manipulation is admittedly strong. That being said, Surgia counters it quite perfectly! With her ability to rise up large portions of earth, even if Jimri phases, she'll still suffocate after being pushed deep into the ground. It's also worth mentioning that while this can be used to dodge most of my other attacks, I believe it requires some degree of concentration to use.

Actually the opposite is true for Ultimate Kitty Pryde.

No Caption Provided

She easily phases constantly without any control of herself during the first time her powers. The concentration comes from not phasing.

As far as I'm aware, she can't both become intangible and fight prolonged battles at once, meaning Surgia can overcome the ability by switching between assaulting with sharp stone and large waves of earth.

Unless I am mistaken, no rule forbids Jirni from simply using her fire powers in conjunction with her phasing for one. Also her ability to anticipate your attacks means she could quite easily switch between intangible and tangible for a prolonged period of time without sustaining injuries.

The flames seem to have a very limited range (correct me if I'm wrong here) and Surgia could simple avoid it with sheer speed.

The flames actually reach the AoE limit as shown in my opening. It is already too late if you reach CQC range.

Walls of rock and stone should also be quite effective in defending from the flames. The Azure Flames seem to clock out at disintegrating humans and while they can't be put out, they can be buried so they aren't an issue.

I would love to leave it at "Phasing > walls of dirt", but let me get a bit deeper. Firstly you have to go completely untagged by an immaterial opponent who you may not even be able to sense at times. Secondly Code:Breaker, the manga where you would find the Azure Flames, has no ley lines, which this ability heavily relies on the opposing magic to use. Thirdly when I said it cannot be put out I really meant it.

No Caption Provided

Here you can see that the Azure(or simply blue) flame can even overcome power nullification. Now I understand that your death magic feat may be impressive, but the Azure flames possess a special nature allowing them to very likely get over your lithomancy, if it could even work on it.

With Nahiri's power, Surgia can sink down into and travel through solid stone for an indefinite about of time. This should be able to protect the elementalist from anything that can't be dealt with otherwise.

I have already disproved your earlier use of 616 Kitty Pryde's weakness to address 1610 Kitty Pryde's powers. Unless you are trying to run, this tactic would only delay the inevitable.

The initial attack should be able to do some serious damage-if not kill you-due to it's speed, size, and how perfectly it counters your powers.

Even if you survive, Surgia is heavily favored in a direct fight. Earth waves and Gaea vore-ery get past intangibility while stone walls and leyline control deal with the fire. Physically, I should be at least slightly better in every regard that matters and I believe I outskill you by a fair bit as well.

If things ever start to go wrong for some strange reason, Surgia can always take the item and escape through stone travel. Jimri has no comfortable way to dive into the ground after her, so it'll basically be a tied game at that point.

1. You still have not actually gotten pass the intangibility problem like you thought you had. Jirni has no problem using her density control for long periods of time unlike 616 Kitty Pryde, and you have shown no feats to suggest Surgia can use this earth sense to detect immaterial foes. Again logically speaking she is not touching anything while immaterial.
  2. Still need to provide better evidence for this to actually work and if anything Jirni should outskill Surgia. Being able to defeat foes stronger than you while literally being unable to perceive their movements due to their speed is better than anything you have shown so far.
  3. If you want to escape, that is fine with me. You can probably outrace Jirni underground. This does not mean she is uncomfortable underground in any way though.

Basically, Surgia should be able to win this fight unscathed due to her ability to avoid most any attack you throw her way, her AoE battlefield manipulation, her perfect counters to each of your powers, and her skill on how to most efficiently defeat opponents.

The battlefield manipulation does nothing when Jirni can just phase through, and her skills exceed yours in terms of CQC.

Conclusion

• Most of what I said before still rings true now: "melt, evade, or phase(in that order) through anything that comes her way and then proceed to either incinerate or punch her opponent to death with super dense fists. Nothing fancy"The only thing that has changed is that I am even more certain now than I felt before.
  • You made several assumptions concerning Jirni's capabilities that I proved false like her possible intangibility weaknesses, speed/skill, Surgia's ability to sense immaterial Jirni using earth sense. More relevant feats or abilities need to be provided to back up your claims.
  • To put this in the simplest manner possible, for Surgia to win she has to hope to tag Jirni while she is not using either her flame powers, intangibility, hyperdensity while Jirni predicts every one of her movements versus Jirni simply needing to touch/be near Surgia once to get her incinerated by the Azure flames. Which one seems like the more likely outcome?
emperorthanos-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 emperorthanos-  Moderator

@joewell911: @primez0ne: up

Voting Open

@gilgameshthepimptoendallpimps Ennuyé Shakai-byō

@kingcrimson Orochi the serpent king

@kevd4wg Amatsu Masume

@streak619 Madara

@gearsecond659 The jester

@blackspidey2099 Huntsman Spider

@jooosh1996 - Sabertooth

@supremegeneration Alyster Eternal Terror

@the_badman Vinebreaker

@joewell911 Surgia Wrath of Gaea

@stormshadow_x Derek Holt/Vulcan

@crimson_lord Azure Fafnir

@ugivemethelulz Spider-Ninja Boy

@primez0ne Jimri

@bella_blackstar Brainfreeze

@higorm Raz the Dragon Fist

@tomtheawesome123 Jack the ripper

@geekryan Deathstrike

@fc_tsukihanami Savanah Scout

@malzahaar Doppelganger

@thewatcherking Erza The Huntress

@haoalchemist TripleThreat

@solomonthenotsowise Hype-Beast

@hypnos0929 Pompey, king of monsters, avenger of the betrayed, agent of Blame

@fetts The Gavel of Mandalore

Joewell911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@primez0ne: @emperorthanos-: Sweet. Good luck in the voting, Prime!

Tho this two round only thing is killing me a bit, lol. So many things I wanna touch on. Sure it goes both ways though. Oh well. It’s been fun!

TheWatcherKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I vote that @joewell911 dies, I will explain why later if needed.

Joewell911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheWatcherKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thewatcherking: I’d appreciate that, if you don’t mind.

This was relatively close for me. Although Prime had intangibility you gave some creative ways to get around, although I don't really think you should have based all your arguments against it on 616 Kitty. I was ready to vote for you due to Surgia's ability to do this

Through lithomancy, Surgia will be able to redirect any magic based attack right back at you through some magijabble that I don't quite get

Which was a good way to counter the Azure flames but when it was brought up that how it could possibly be overcome, I felt it was much more likely that Jirni would pull the win here.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d26a3a3d293d
deactivated-5d26a3a3d293d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kind of a tough call for this match. In the second post, Jowell brought up how Aura would potentially keep Prime's character from oneshotting with either of his two powers, due to the nature of how that works I guess. Jowell also has good evasion options. Still, it just seems like he's prolonging the inevitable as he didn't demonstrate a way to get around the flames or the hyperdensity/intangible stuff, though he made a solid effort. Only problem was basing his tactics around the 616 Kitty instead of the one Prime was using. Just seems like Prime's character wins eventually. So I vote for Joewell's death.

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

You both did a great job, and this was a tough/close fight, but I'm voting for @joewell911 to lose.

As Crimson said, his strategy focused on evading and less on actually countering Prime's strategy, essentially focusing on "delaying the inevitable". Additionally, there was too much use on 616 Kitty's powers than on Ultimate Kitty's powers.

Avatar image for solomonthenotsowise
SolomonTheNotSoWise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I vote that joewell911 to lose. I was

Unconvinced that the stone would get through the fire and he didn't provided any path to success and while I think he could have won I found his argument weaker.

Spell check on phone is bad forgive me.

haoalchemist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Read it on my break. I vote Primez0ne dies due to the Aura arguments.

emperorthanos-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 emperorthanos-  Moderator

Joewell: 4

Primezone:1

Avatar image for tomtheawesome123
tomtheawesome123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Joewell911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for tomtheawesome123
tomtheawesome123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Primez0ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Primez0ne

@joewell911 said:

@tomtheawesome123: Lol, that would have been pretty big like, 4 votes ago.

Too late now I guess although it doesn't change much imo

emperorthanos-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By emperorthanos-  Moderator

@joewell911: @primez0ne: Well from the looks of things. Primez0ne wins you get the gear. Send me your next move.

As for Joewell. Unfortunately this the end for you as a participant. But you if you want to participate in this in some form let me know.

Joewell911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@primez0ne: @emperorthanos-: Ah, well, we’ll get ‘em next time.

Thanks for the fun match and thanks to all the voters for reading through!