Hunger Games 2020 Boss Battle: Incubus vs. Archer (OPEN FOR VOTES)

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By geekryan
geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@higorm I'll post first. Two posts each.

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By geekryan

Post #1 - Incubus

No Caption Provided

Incubus is a mystical being and the brother of Enchantress, appearing in the 2016 film Suicide Squad.

He was mighty enough to easily overwhelm the Suicide Squad, only being downed after falling for a trap involving a large explosion.

Feats

Absorbs the electricity from the subway's rail lines:

No Caption Provided

Destroys an incoming subway train:

No Caption Provided

While no-selling automatic gunfire, obliterates soldiers and slices through concrete pillars:

No Caption Provided

Destroys part of a jeep, shoving it away and knocking over a few soldiers, and then lifts it into the air:

No Caption Provided

While taking gunfire, uses two tendrils at once in order to lift up two military jeeps:

No Caption Provided

Destroys two helicopters from a long distance away:

No Caption Provided

Grabs and pulls down a helicopter:

No Caption Provided

Puts the Suicide Squad on the defensive by harassing them with his tendrils:

No Caption Provided

Casually reacts to an exploding boomerang, knocking it away:

No Caption Provided

Kicks a large bench away and instantly regenerates his hand after it gets cut off by Katana's magical sword:

No Caption Provided

Takes a continuous stream of fire, advancing through it to kick El Diablo and send him flying dozens of feet away and through a window:

No Caption Provided

No-sells gunfire from Deadshot and Rick Flag, kicks Deadshot away, and then tosses both Harley Quinn and Captain Boomerang away with one swipe:

No Caption Provided

And lastly:

Loading Video...

(https://youtu.be/lxTzT851vrU?t=99)

Holds the upper hand in a fight against El Diablo in his Avatar form. Incubus takes large amounts of fire, trades blows in H2H combat, heals from having his chest melted through, and then overpowers El Diablo. Incubus is only killed after being positioned right above a large explosion.

Conclusion

Although quite limited in feats, Incubus is an extremely durable and deadly opponent. His tendrils can punch right through soldiers, subway trains, helicopters, pillars, and military jeeps. He can no-sell automatic gunfire and can regenerate his body instantly. The only real damage he took was from Katana's magical sword, which he regenerated from. It took him being put into position and directly exploded from below in order to down him.

Good luck surviving him ;)

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HigorM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5 HigorM  Moderator

@geekryan: I actually can't survive it, hence why I ran away from him. Without powers there's no reasonable way to put that thing down with limited arrows and martial arts..

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By geekryan

@higorm said:

@geekryan: I actually can't survive it, hence why I ran away from him. Without powers there's no reasonable way to put that thing down with limited arrows and martial arts..

Welp, you chose to run away from three different threats in a row, and then tried to go for the bags after everyone had left. Constantly avoiding threats will result in a forced confrontation. You can't really expect to survive to the end by avoiding any and all battles.

I did say that the threats would be more difficult moving forward.

HigorM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 HigorM  Moderator

@geekryan said:
@higorm said:

Welp, you chose to run away from three different threats in a row, and then tried to go for the bags after everyone had left. Constantly avoiding threats will result in a forced confrontation. You can't really expect to survive to the end by avoiding any and all battles.

As far as I'm concerned I've face 2 different threats and run away from 2 (sea creatures and Incubus), I just took an option avaiable to me. So it isn't true I'm avoiding all battles, I've made strategic choices to stay alive which is basically the whole point of this game. You could at least give me a shot at getting one bag since the others had their chance too.

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@higorm said:
@geekryan said:
@higorm said:

As far as I'm concerned I've face 2 different threats and run away from 2 (sea creatures and Incubus), I just took an option avaiable to me. So it isn't true I'm avoiding all battles, I've made strategic choices to stay alive which is basically the whole point of this game. You could at least give me a shot at getting one bag since the others had their chance too.

You also avoided a potential confrontation with Snake-Eyes.

You've had a relatively easy time so far. As far as I remember, the only threat you faced was the acid fog. You're allowed to play it safe, but that isn't going to take you to the end.

I forced an encounter between the other four participants, which will likely result in two remaining participants. When I took over from ET, I made it clear that everything would be going faster and harder. You would have had the possibility at more gear if you faced threats. This event with the bags is to encourage combat and reward those that take the risk. It was your decision to avoid the threats, but you took the risk of going for extra gear without really earning it.

In the Hunger Games, avoiding combat and just surviving won't secure you the victory. Fighting other participants is a necessity. I could have been more fair with the threat, but hey, that's the nature of the games.

All that being said, you don't HAVE to fight. You can try to escape, with or without the bag. It will be up to the voters to decide if you are successful or not though.

HigorM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By HigorM  Moderator

@geekryan: As far as I remember, the only threat you faced was the acid fog

That's not true, my first threat was the Wild Hunt Soldiers (4 armored warriors) and then I got the poisonous fog. I ran away from the creatures (dozens of them) which means i'd run out of ammo and then you tossed an impossible threat to overcome. It doesn't matter in the end because no one in this tourney can possibily defeat Incubus.

I forced an encounter between the other four participants

It didn't sound forced to be, otherwise I wouldn't have any other options since you made clear he was meters away and didn't have noticed me, so for the moment the best option would be go for the bag and then fight whoever.

You also avoided a potential confrontation with Snake-Eyes.

I didn't avoid anything, I merely chose to go for a better equipment before getting into a fight.

All that being said, you don't HAVE to fight. You can try to escape, with or without the bag. It will be up to the voters to decide if you are successful or not though.

Fair Enough! So to be clear do I get the bag or no?

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@higorm: That's for you to debate. You can try and go for the bag and then escape, or you can just escape. Keep in mind that Incubus is standing between you and the bag.

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HigorM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 HigorM  Moderator

@geekryan:

Sweet Scape!

No Caption Provided

Archer find himself in a situation of real and immediate danger. He knew he couldn't run away forever and that he would eventually have to fight to stay alive in the competition. Unfortunately for him, the new challenge materialized right in the middle of his path.

Now what? Go for the bag and get killed? Or run for his life? He wasn't exactly surprised by the situation. It wouldn't be the first time facinga a very dangerous threat with the intention to end his life.

Archer has prove himself to be an excepcional martial artist, able to face and defeat someone with millennia worth of fighting skill (Eternal Warrior), that being said, the only difficult would be the enemy durability, something that he would realize very quickly by shooting a single arrow from his crossbow.

1 Crowbow (50 bolts: 30 ordinary, 5 explosive, 5 poisonous, 5 grappling, 5 Armour piercing)

I belive this would come to smarts, using his skills with efficiency rather than trying to contend with him head on.

> Fighting Skill

Archer gets the better of the superhuman-in-every-regard Bloodshot in a hand-to-hand fight. Bloodshot himself is an elite, world class soldier, so he isn't just fighting a strong brute. He's fighting a superhuman, supremely trained, tried and tested killing machine.

Archer beats Eternal Warrior twice. This is impressive given Eternal Warriors 10,000+ years of nothing but war and combat experience, and the fact he is a clear cut superhuman multi-tonner. During the first fight Archer owns him instantly, and then states "I couldn't beat you anyway." However, during their rematch where Archer is mind controlled, the being inside of him states that Archer was only being modest. He then owns Eternal Warrior again.

For correct order read it 3-1-2

Archer knows how to effectively crush someones Trachea and knows how to manipulate the Synovial joint. Also shows that he can fight with a Bo staff.

> Accuracy

Archer manages to accurately place a grapple arrow from a long distance, and manages to shoot an arrow into a moving targets gun at night in the pouring rain.

Archer shoots Eternal Warriors hand, accurately hits the small explosive cartridges on his arm, and is confident enough to fire an arrow that just skims his face to hit a target.

> Physical Prowess

Dodges a tranquilizer fired from a sniper rifle after it was fired. Also, the only warning he got of the shot was a small reflection. Also some bullet dodging during his Gun Fu fight with Bloodshot.

Archer reacts to crossbow bolts and stops a knife stab just before his face.

> Strategy

After getting some space from his advanced gymnastic maneuvers he will fire combined arrows (armor piercing+explosive) at the Incubus eye socket to prevent it from coming towards Archer right away. Quickly after realizing it's not the typical bad guy, he will then switch to the grappling arrow as he moves away from him, aiming for nearby trees he can swing along and move faster. Archer possess the innate ability to sense changes in air currents so I believe he would be able to dodge the enemy long ranged attacks considering his aforementioned agility prowess and the fact that from the given examples and clips from the movie we can see regular humans from the Suicide Squad being able to dodge those attacks in close range. Archer is way faster and agile in comparison to those live action characters so I believe that he would manage to run away from this threat if he puts all his efforts into it.

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Post #2 - Incubus

No Caption Provided

Counters

> Fighting Skill

Archer gets the better of the superhuman-in-every-regard Bloodshot in a hand-to-hand fight. Bloodshot himself is an elite, world class soldier, so he isn't just fighting a strong brute. He's fighting a superhuman, supremely trained, tried and tested killing machine.

Archer beats Eternal Warrior twice. This is impressive given Eternal Warriors 10,000+ years of nothing but war and combat experience, and the fact he is a clear cut superhuman multi-tonner. During the first fight Archer owns him instantly, and then states "I couldn't beat you anyway."However, during their rematch where Archer is mind controlled, the being inside of him states that Archer was only being modest. He then owns Eternal Warrior again.

For correct order read it 3-1-2

Archer knows how to effectively crush someones Trachea and knows how to manipulate the Synovial joint. Also shows that he can fight with a Bo staff.

To keep it short: fighting skill will be absolutely useless against Incubus. He is way too strong and durable to grapple with, and getting in close will likely result in Archer getting knocked back/away. Or make it easier to tag him with his tendrils.

Given how durable Incubus is, and how quickly he can regenerate, it is doubtful that a pressure point or nerve strike will do anything of use.

Fighting skill is largely irrelevant.

> Accuracy

Archer manages to accurately place a grapple arrow from a long distance, and manages to shoot an arrow into a moving targets gun at night in the pouring rain.

Archer shoots Eternal Warriors hand, accurately hits the small explosive cartridges on his arm, and is confident enough to fire an arrow that just skims his face to hit a target.

This won't matter much either. Incubus isn't known for his speed, but he almost never relies on it anyways, preferring to just tank attacks.

His only best speed feat is casually smacking away Captain Boomerang's exploding boomerang from a few meters away. However, that isn't fast enough to react to crossbow bolts, so he'll have to just tank the arrows.

I won't deny that Archer is an excellent marksman, and he will likely be able to hit Incubus in whatever spot he wants, but that won't matter.

> Physical Prowess

Dodges a tranquilizer fired from a sniper rifle after it was fired. Also, the only warning he got of the shot was a small reflection. Also some bullet dodging during his Gun Fu fight with Bloodshot.

Archer reacts to crossbow bolts and stops a knife stab just before his face.

That's definitely good enough to react to a direct hit from Incubus' tendrils, but Incubus could also do this:

No Caption Provided

i.e. use his tendrils in a sweeping fashion, which easily and instantly obliterated soldiers and thick pillars. Archer wouldn't know Incubus can do this, so he might be taken off guard after dodging the initial/direct strike.

After getting some space from his advanced gymnastic maneuvers he will fire combined arrows (armor piercing+explosive) at the Incubus eye socket to prevent it from coming towards Archer right away.

I can buy this tactic, but you did say earlier on that Archer would start by firing one regular arrow.

I have no way to prove that Incubus' eye is just as durable as his body, but, if Archer starts firing arrows at his eyes, Incubus can just hold up his hand to block the arrows.

Given Incubus' durability and regeneration, armour-piercing arrows and explosive arrows are unlikely to do much except annoy him.

Quickly after realizing it's not the typical bad guy, he will then switch to the grappling arrow as he moves away from him, aiming for nearby trees he can swing along and move faster.

There are no trees on the Plateau and nothing to use grappling arrows on.

Archer possess the innate ability to sense changes in air currents so I believe he would be able to dodge the enemy long ranged attacks considering his aforementioned agility prowess and the fact that from the given examples and clips from the movie we can see regular humans from the Suicide Squad being able to dodge those attacks in close range. Archer is way faster and agile in comparison to those live action characters so I believe that he would manage to run away from this threat if he puts all his efforts into it.

Fair enough, but a sweep with his tendril would catch Archer off guard, and would take him out right away if it connects.

You didn't provide any durability feats to show that Archer wouldn't be one-shot by the tendril or injured from one of Incubus' strikes/kicks.

Conclusion

So from what I understand, you are choosing not to go for the bag. That's a wise move on your part. Incubus is a threat designed to attack participants, but he is also attempting to stop you from getting the bag.

Archer does have the advantage in speed, but he stands no chance in downing Incubus in any way. On the other hand, one swipe of his tendril would kill Archer, and one strike/kick would likely harm him or send him flying off the edge of the Plateau. He can tank or regenerate from any of Archer's arrows.

Escape is your only best option.

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@higorm: Post is up! We can either go to votes right away, or you can post once more and then we go to votes.

HigorM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 HigorM  Moderator
geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HigorM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By HigorM  Moderator

@geekryan: I'll just highlight the most important parts that I felt need answer..

i.e. use his tendrils in a sweeping fashion, which easily and instantly obliterated soldiers and thick pillars. Archer wouldn't know Incubus can do this, so he might be taken off guard after dodging the initial/direct strike.

That looks amazing but he was tagging stationary cannon fodder targets. Archer isn't standing still waiting for being hit by that nor he is a random fodder. He got good distance from the start on top of agility skills.

You didn't provide any durability feats to show that Archer wouldn't be one-shot by the tendril or injured from one of Incubus' strikes/kicks.

Durability

Archer gets a golf cart thrown at him by Armstrong, takes a few broken ribs but is fine right away. Also takes an elbow from the superhuman Bloodshot seemingly un-phased.

On top of that Archer has the chest plate from the defeated Wild Hunter for extra protection.

In resume

From what I've presented and considering that Archer is way faster and agile than Incubus on top of a starting distance I firmly believe he would manage to escape from him into a temporary safety.

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By geekryan

VOTING IS OPEN!

REMEMBER:

1. Vote for who survives the encounter as well has how much damage you believe they take, if any. E.g X survives but loses an arm.
  2. Vote based on the arguments, not what you think about the characters.
  3. I have final say on whether a vote is counted.

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/battles-7/comicvine-hunger-games-scenario-main-thread-2088471 (for rules)

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump

Avatar image for professorrespect
ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

I can't vote tho

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HigorM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 HigorM  Moderator
geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Analysis

I'd probably say that, based on the arguments showcased (as in, @higorm argued that he obviously wasn't gonna win a extended fight, that's pretty clear) but that Archer would try to fight normally, realise that himself, and then go for eye shots/run away from the guy. While Archer clearly had the skill and speed advantage, I felt like Incubus's pure stats meant that he would at the very least be able to hit Archer considering he's ignorant of his powers and how exactly they function. Not only that, but the presence of Incubus's insane range means that even if he was, say, blinded completely in one eye, I don't think he would be incapable of hitting blindly with his massive tentacles.

That being said, @geekryan only speed feat for him was him reacting to a boomerang being thrown like, right next to him, so he obviously hasn't really got a good foundation for Archer firing multiple times at him, and higorm made a good case for Archer's speed over everything else to get the advantage.

In my opinion, Archer survives with bag, but sustains decent damage in the process due to Incubus's stupidly long range and Archer lacking knowledge of how dangerous he is.

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@professorrespect: Thanks for voting!

Although I do believe that Higor’s intention was for Archer to not go after the bag and focus solely on avoidance/escape.

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@geekryan: Yeah I wasn't sure what he was going for in terms of the bag situation so I had to guess with that

HigorM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 HigorM  Moderator
ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

buildhare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#33 buildhare  Online

@higorm: @geekryan:

After reading the posts I think Archer dies here.

Obviously any idea of fighting was pretty quickly dismissed by Geekyrans post and escape was the only option, though without anything to actually grapple (Geek clarified a lack of trees on the plateau) I was unconvinced even someone as agile and quick as Archer was going to cover anywhere near the distance to get out of Incubus's range. Arguing durability didn't really make sense either, Incubus only had meh striking normally (i.e hitting and not killing Deadshot) but 98% of the time he's using tendrils and they oneshot everything, tanking seems like a complete non-option and with no one to distract him Archers gonna get hit.

TLDR: Archer dies.

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Scarlet_Wiccan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Voting for Geek.

I'm more convinced Incubus would kill/KO the Archer with just a few hits (or even get oneshotted). Geek also did a good job at showcasing Incubus' durability and regeneration. The environment also doesn't help the Archer's chances of avoiding Incubus' attacks.

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@higorm: To recap the votes:

• ProfessorRespect said Archer would survive but sustain "decent damage"
  • Buildhare said Archer would die
  • Scarlet_Wiccan said Archer would die/get KO'd

With two votes to Archer losing and one vote to Archer surviving but with damage, unfortunately, Archer will die in this encounter and will not be continuing in the Hunger Games.

HigorM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 HigorM  Moderator

Major bs

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By ProfessorRespect

@higorm said:

Major bs

True, I'm taking this to the International CV Committee for CaV Correctional and Reconstruction Department

HigorM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 HigorM  Moderator