Win by kill

#2 Posted by Nervedamage (833 posts) - - Show Bio

Torch gets smacked

#3 Posted by Supermanthor (20154 posts) - - Show Bio

Ice man

#4 Posted by CyberpunkCop (3406 posts) - - Show Bio

Man Ice

#5 Edited by Toratorn (7271 posts) - - Show Bio

Iceman is overrated garbage and Human Torch has literally every advantage. He had shown that he can overcome absolute zero temperatures even when unconscious and not flamed on:

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2

And has overpowered a climate cannon that was powerful enough to freeze over an entire planet in minutes (you know, something Iceman needed a Death Seed for?) just by flaming on:

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3

Not to mention he is faster, has better AoE, can create decoys and can easily become hot enough to just passively vaporize whatever Iceman throws at him. Not to mention is consistently more impressive. Usually a fight this one-sided is labeled a mismatch.

R2 just starts and ends with a Supernova. GG.

#8 Edited by LoveEveryone (1116 posts) - - Show Bio

Iceman. He has better durability than Jhonny, while Johnny is more of a glass cannon.

Fighting Juggernaut

https://m.imgur.com/a69jjNu

Created a city of ice

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/lnjRBxn3wZxClwN6EtBKNg_fwDffzoIkWDB4JQlsqpOv4nBZwuUZ4Oo_6QblmVC96w1IcvQgYoTq=s1600

Beat Red Hulk

https://m.imgur.com/O41GwNG

Speed is Torch only real advantage here.

#9 Posted by InvadedTBD (1593 posts) - - Show Bio

Iceman, humantorch can't put him down.

#10 Posted by Toratorn (7271 posts) - - Show Bio

@loveeveryone: "fighting Juggernaut" is not a feat, Iceman couldn't do shit to him and needed to resort to BFR. And he didn't beat the Red Hulk, lol, he is literally not hurt by anything Iceman did and is conscious in that very scan. And the "created the ice city" feat has no time frame. For all we know he needed hours to do that. So that's also pretty useless.

The fact that you call Johnny a "glass cannon" also shows how uninformed you are on his feats. Johnny tanked hits from Annihilus, Dragon Man, Super-Skrull, Namor, Nova & Namorita duo, Gladiator, Sandman and others. He even survived a hit from brainwashed Red Hulk with no injuries.

Once again, how's Iceman supposed to take out someone who is massively faster than him, can casually burn at millions of degrees and who already has casual feats of resisting absolute zero and a planetary freezing cannon without even exerting himself?

#11 Posted by Mister_Surreal (11040 posts) - - Show Bio

Been done, Iceman.

Avatar image for diarrhearegatta
#12 Posted by DiarrheaRegatta (5227 posts) - - Show Bio

It's the Human Torch for now as I've seen nothing suggesting that he has the advantage here.

Avatar image for ninjawarrior268
#13 Posted by NinjaWarrior268 (12003 posts) - - Show Bio

I was going to say Iceman but now I'm not sure.

Avatar image for the_living_tribunal_24
#14 Posted by The_living_tribunal_24 (6570 posts) - - Show Bio

Feats for iceman absorbing the heat from anything equal to a supernova flare.

#15 Posted by RandomGuy287 (1157 posts) - - Show Bio

Fighting Juggernaut

https://m.imgur.com/a69jjNu

In which comic was it?

plus he kinda "stopped" the Juggernaut in some recent comic

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-HPikFT_9pHI/WrtDgfCVt5I/AAAAAAAAa8Y/2Hi6Ry03l2cjD30KQFECXTEA1QHszamDgCHMYCw/s0/RCO018.jpg

#16 Posted by LoveEveryone (1116 posts) - - Show Bio

@toratorn: sorry those aren’t reliable feats for you.

Here’s one with iceman freezing hell https://goo.gl/images/pGXvgA

Your right HT isn’t a glass cannon. He’s pretty strong with Supernouva I remember him taking out Ultron on Battleworld.

And we can say HT has advantage naturally since Fire can melt Ice. But he also has inconsistent feats of being one shotted by Venom who HT should have had a clear advantage over

https://goo.gl/images/6FfKyD

#17 Posted by Toratorn (7271 posts) - - Show Bio

@loveeveryone: depending on how big that "hell" was, that might actually be impressive. It's less impressive seeing how Iceman was completely exhausted after that feat.

Yes, Johnny beat Ultron, but he didn't really tank any hits, he just dodged some blasts, got grabbed and went nova, which melted Ultron's insides while leaving his adamantium shell undamaged.

And yes, getting one-shot by Venom (and in such a dumb manner, too. Come on, sand?) is pretty inconsistent. Even without flaming on Torch could take hits from bloodlusted brainwashed Spider-Man, so there's that. Not to mention, Johnny routinely gets so hot he can fly through solid rock, metal and asphalt, so a little sand shouldn't be posing much problems regardless. All in all, there are dozens of characters stronger than Venom who hit Human Torch and didn't one-shot him outright. I even posted a bunch of feats like these in another thread before (post #19):

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/battles-7/human-torch-vs-cannonball-1987491/?page=1#js-message-21211675

And if we're bringing low ends, remember how Iceman was getting wrecked by Beast with a heat gun? Or struggled with Iron Fist?

#18 Posted by Catlike (136 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm pretty sure Ice Man stomped the time before this battle was done to death. I'll just wait until the experts get in here. :3

Avatar image for diarrhearegatta
#19 Edited by DiarrheaRegatta (5227 posts) - - Show Bio

@toratorn: Actually Bobby fainted and was KO'd after that feat, and he didn't even freeze a good part of Hell. It started to defrost soon afterwards anyway.

Shows what happens when you don't show the full feat lol

#20 Edited by Toratorn (7271 posts) - - Show Bio

@diarrhearegatta: lel, that's even more embarrassing then. Guess that confirms one more time that what Iceman did under Death Seed was way beyond his usual power level.

#21 Posted by HellionVulcan (7257 posts) - - Show Bio

Doesn't need to since Iceman can exist inside Torch to avoid every single attack Torch is capable of while Iceman just freezes his insides killing him.

#22 Edited by Toratorn (7271 posts) - - Show Bio

@hellionvulcan said:
@the_living_tribunal_24 said:

Doesn't need to since Iceman can exist inside Torch to avoid every single attack Torch is capable of while Iceman just freezes his insides killing him.

Iceman is not "existing" inside someone burning hot enough to vaporize solid rock and metal.

And neither is he freezing someone who has already resisted what Iceman can dish out while barely even using his powers.

#23 Posted by Darth_Nimrod (2770 posts) - - Show Bio

Originally, I thought Iceman would win. But as of late, I have realized that the Human Torch is more impressive than I thought, so I changed my mind.

#24 Posted by HellionVulcan (7257 posts) - - Show Bio

@toratorn said:
@hellionvulcan said:
@the_living_tribunal_24 said:

Iceman is not "existing" inside someone burning hot enough to vaporize solid rock and metal.

And neither is he freezing someone who has already resisted what Iceman can dish out while barely even using his powers.

He already has though twice hahahahahahaha so now show me Torch taking being frozen internally ?.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

and

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

#25 Posted by MarlboroMan (2901 posts) - - Show Bio

Just use the search button man this has been done so many times.

#26 Posted by THUNDERBOLT30 (12613 posts) - - Show Bio

Flagged for dupe thread. And Iceman still wins.

#27 Edited by Toratorn (7271 posts) - - Show Bio

@hellionvulcan: you should have provided issue numbers or at least context. Because I don't even see how the first scan has anything to do with Iceman or him freezing anyone. And as far as I know, the flame guy in the second set of scans is a featless fodder who never did anything impressive.

And I have already posted Torch passively resisting full body absolute zero freezing while not even flamed on and no-selling a freezing cannon that makes Iceman look like a peashooter in comparison by just flaming on. But you chose to ignore that. Like pretty much every other Iceman supporter in this thread.