• 140 results
Avatar image for firestarlord73194
FireStarLord73194

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@motifian: dude this is a very good point. We don’t often think about the continuity switching from happening to silver age superman to happening to post crisis superman but obviously it did. So fair to say the power levels between the two aren’t the same and when Wally time travels back to it what happens does not accurately reflect pre-crisis power levels?

Supermanthor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

Eobard21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So wait à sec when wally Went back in time to fight am

It wasn't pre crisis superman ? Well that's confusing

FireStarLord73194

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supermanthor: I said earlier on in the thread that pre-crisis Superman would win, and I stand by that. The thing is this: you have two characters that have broken speed to the infinite degree. Wally did so in human race and Clark did when he broke the bonds of infinity flying through space. BUT where they may be equals in speed they certainly are not in power and durability. Clark has tanked and moved effortlessly through the energies of the Big Bang, and has sneezed away a solar system and moved one. He has one feat where he throws a neutron star a billion light years away. Unless Wally can toss out multiple hits greater than the Big Bang and he never has, Clark can tank it. Meanwhile I don’t recall Flash tanking anything even close to that powerful

Avatar image for deactivated-5cc66e8574839
deactivated-5cc66e8574839

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Supermanthor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

FireStarLord73194

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@motifian: thank you for clarifying that. Seems using that scan as a credible source of Superman’s ability no longer works for the Wally side of the argument. Question, would Anti Monitor have changed as well? I’ve heard tell that Anti Monitor is the same no matter what but if you compared the Anti Monitor from pre-crisis to the new 52 there’s no way he’s the same. The new 52 was matching darkseid and his destroying “universes” appeared to be very literally just destroying earths (earth 3 was wiped out but very much still in its own location in space time) that being said then is pre-crisis Monitor the same as what Wally sees when he comes back in time?

Eobard21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

FireStarLord73194

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eobard21: right that’s not my question, that was just an example of a universe changing event changing his levels. My question was if Superman’s levels are different from pre-crisis to post crisis as we’ve now confirmed are anti-Monitor’s different too

Avatar image for deactivated-5cc66e8574839
deactivated-5cc66e8574839

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@firestarlord73194: Anti Monitor was the same throughout.

In Flash 150 he had already destroyed the universe and his DC encyclopedia entry specifically states he is as powerful as his COIE version.

https://i.imgur.com/mNEd0b9.jpg

And Darkseid had already almost killed Anti Monitor in COIE when he had absorbed his entire universe.

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/W3MD-K_yWEJHlxTyhDmfKk9P8UrZwonbgrVHIcDK7WblZTYHPNGb-OY7IbNAv8hqH8DPxVnbPANU=s1600

I don't think you know how powerful Darkseid is.

Avatar image for thetruebarryallen
TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@firestarlord73194: AM's power level shouldn't be different unless it's stated that he was altered during the Crisis. @motifian brought up that technically Pre Crisis Superman didn't fight during COIE and that there's "no such thing" as Pre Crisis Superman (post 143) but that shouldn't have a bearing on the Anti Monitor or the other heroes shown during Wally's return to COIE.

It's simply that Pre Crisis Superman was never there to begin with; during the original crisis or the revisited one.

EDIT: And to comment on what Motifian brings up w/Darkseid attacking AM, Wally destroys AM's armor before that incident happens when he revisited COIE, so AM isn't weakened by Darkseid yet when Wally fought him.

FireStarLord73194

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@motifian: okay that makes sense. I knew Darkseid was powerful but I didn’t think he should be close to AM but I stand corrected

Mad_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pre Crisis Superman has soooooo numerous defeats....