Who wins ?

Avatar image for firestarlord73194
#2 Edited by FireStarLord73194 (4835 posts) - - Show Bio

Supes both rounds

#3 Posted by Eobard21 (4690 posts) - - Show Bio
#4 Posted by Mister_Surreal (9159 posts) - - Show Bio

Round 1: Wally West

Round 2: Wally West also wins

Wally has more consistent feats when it comes to speed that simply are better than Superman.

Avatar image for firestarlord73194
#5 Posted by FireStarLord73194 (4835 posts) - - Show Bio

@eobard21: it was stated on panel that pre crisis Clark has infinite speed, meaning he can match Wally at his best. On top of that solar system + level strength, ridiculous feats like sneezing away planets and the silver age ability to make up ridiculous powers on the fly puts him a bit above Wally who at his best has potential for infinite speed but not all the additional stuff that Clark has. Usually I go Flash but I’m pre crisis logic plays by different rules

#6 Posted by Eobard21 (4690 posts) - - Show Bio
#7 Posted by Karkus (672 posts) - - Show Bio

@firestarlord73194:

it was stated on panel that pre crisis Clark has infinite speed

By bursting the bonds of Infinity? That doesn't necessarily mean Infinite speed. Pre-Crisis Supes has also been matched, and isn't the fastest in the Universe.

#8 Posted by Mister_Surreal (9159 posts) - - Show Bio
#9 Edited by Eobard21 (4690 posts) - - Show Bio

Pre crisis supes is so weird in terms of speed, i mean wasn't supes along the other super heroes not able to see wally destroying the armor of the anti monitor's when wally Went back in time ?

#10 Posted by Mister_Surreal (9159 posts) - - Show Bio
#11 Posted by DoctorDaMn (889 posts) - - Show Bio

@eobard21: I've never fully read that comic only just seen that scan; would you mind explaining to me how he phased himself out of existence? Did he run to fast or something???

#12 Posted by KanyeCosby (6965 posts) - - Show Bio

@karkus said:

@firestarlord73194:

it was stated on panel that pre crisis Clark has infinite speed

By bursting the bonds of Infinity? That doesn't necessarily mean Infinite speed. Pre-Crisis Supes has also been matched, and isn't the fastest in the Universe.

To be fair though, in that instance, Superman was tearing through all of the barriers of reality like tissue paper while moving at those speeds. When he broke through the bonds of infinity, he broke the final barrier of reality, which I think indicates that he went beyond any possible possible barrier of speed, which is what it means when it says he broke the bonds of infinity, or in other words, flew faster than infinity. This is even supported by the fact that Superman had to be stopped by Spectre himself or he would have destroyed destroyed the universe and crossed into heaven.

Avatar image for rampagethefirst
#13 Posted by RampageTheFirst (7337 posts) - - Show Bio

Wally. How is this debatable?

#14 Edited by diydeath (2409 posts) - - Show Bio

SA Superman would probably develop the ability to siphon the speed force from Wally and adjust his reaction times to infinite. SA Supes was so overpowered and silly, lol. I live how they used him in the Goku vs Superman battles. xD

#15 Posted by Kirkseven (2505 posts) - - Show Bio

SA Supes universe busts.

#16 Posted by BruceRogers (17182 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think Superman flying through the bonds on infinity meant that he was literally flying infinitely fast. For starters, he would have had no issues catching Supergirl, if he was.

Avatar image for madscientist224
#17 Posted by Madscientist224 (1460 posts) - - Show Bio

SA supes wins. Bronze age loses.

#18 Edited by kasya_carey (5535 posts) - - Show Bio

Is wally universal?

#19 Posted by Eobard21 (4690 posts) - - Show Bio

@doctordamn: Iirc he didn't phase himself out of existence, he just Went so fast that no pre crisis heroes could even notice him

#20 Posted by Eobard21 (4690 posts) - - Show Bio
#22 Posted by Supermanthor (16361 posts) - - Show Bio

Wally

#27 Posted by Eobard21 (4690 posts) - - Show Bio

@firestarlord73194: But wasn't wally at one moment so fast that even pre crisis supes couldnt see him ?

#29 Posted by Kingant27 (16899 posts) - - Show Bio

Supes all day.

Wally’s only chance to win, is in a race not in a fight.

#31 Posted by kasya_carey (5535 posts) - - Show Bio

@eobard21: you can’t measure teleportation though.

#32 Posted by Eobard21 (4690 posts) - - Show Bio

@kasya_carey: True but he crossed the universe in an instant that would easily make him fast enough to be able to fight sa supes

#33 Posted by Mad_Jim (2278 posts) - - Show Bio

Human Race Flash far faster than SA Superman. Even "faster than teleportation"...

That Flash > Teleportation > Supes' false infinite speed

Avatar image for supermanwithatan01
#34 Posted by Supermanwithatan01 (10161 posts) - - Show Bio

Wally wins both and it’s not close.

#35 Edited by Eobard21 (4690 posts) - - Show Bio
#36 Posted by KanyeCosby (6965 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman. Flash has no way to even hurt Superman. Bfr won’t work. Phasing won’t work. This is not even taking into account that Superman already has a speed feat that’s arguably just as impressive as Flash’s feat.

#37 Posted by Eobard21 (4690 posts) - - Show Bio
#38 Posted by KanyeCosby (6965 posts) - - Show Bio

@eobard21: Superman has shown the ability to casually travel through time, other dimensions, and even other universes with ease.

#39 Posted by Eobard21 (4690 posts) - - Show Bio

@kanyecosby: does that mean that he can break himself out of the speedforce ? If wally was to bfr him ?

#41 Posted by Supermanwithatan01 (10161 posts) - - Show Bio

@eobard21: Wally has advantages Superman just doesn’t have: Wally’s much, much faster in this incarnation. Wally’s able to phase organs and body parts off without physical might being able to touch him, Wally’s got the capability to lend speed (not steal it yet iirc) which is what Walter West used to fry electrons in brains, Wally being the superior. The only advantages Superman has are irrelevant given phasing alone.

#42 Edited by baph (1344 posts) - - Show Bio

Wally runs circles around Superman.

He might have ridiculous stats, but he has no way of keeping up speed-wise against this version of Wally.

Most of his FTL feats are travel speed.

Either stalemate or Superman gets lucky and tags Wally.

#43 Posted by Eobard21 (4690 posts) - - Show Bio

@baph: True this version of wally is insane

#46 Posted by Eobard21 (4690 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for hurricanefunnel
#47 Posted by hurricanefunnel (2151 posts) - - Show Bio

flash wins based on agility

#48 Posted by Supermanwithatan01 (10161 posts) - - Show Bio
#49 Posted by KanyeCosby (6965 posts) - - Show Bio

@eobard21: Wally has advantages Superman just doesn’t have: Wally’s much, much faster in this incarnation. Wally’s able to phase organs and body parts off without physical might being able to touch him, Wally’s got the capability to lend speed (not steal it yet iirc) which is what Walter West used to fry electrons in brains, Wally being the superior. The only advantages Superman has are irrelevant given phasing alone.

Phasing isn’t going to work.

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for gilgameshstomps
#50 Posted by GilgameshStomps (83 posts) - - Show Bio

@eobard21: it was stated on panel that pre crisis Clark has infinite speed, meaning he can match Wally at his best. On top of that solar system + level strength, ridiculous feats like sneezing away planets and the silver age ability to make up ridiculous powers on the fly puts him a bit above Wally who at his best has potential for infinite speed but not all the additional stuff that Clark has. Usually I go Flash but I’m pre crisis logic plays by different rules

No, no, no no no, stop it stop it STOP IT. R1 ok I hear you, but R2, Clark dies my guy. He gets blitzed, and a phase thru the brain.