• Chimera (New 52)
  • Aquaman (Post Convergence)
  • The Dead King (New 52)

Battle Location

No Caption Provided

Rules

• Random Encounter - Both sides start 200 feet from each other
  • Fight starts 3 blocks away from the water
  • Both sides have standard gear. Bruce Banner has composite Fall of the Hulks tech.
  • No TP
  • Both sides in character
  • Victory by any means

Who wins and why?

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Aquamen should stomp.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a5a6b5b2407e
deactivated-5a5a6b5b2407e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Some Aquamen could arguably take Hulk on 1v1

Nima_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Still Aquamen. Red Hulk gets stabbed and She-Hulk gets stomped.

green_skaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hulks stomp, wtf am I reading.

AkshSarpanch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By AkshSarpanch

Aquamen suffocate all Hulks. None of Hulk can survive without oxygen.

green_skaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aquamen suffocate all Hulks. None of Hulk can survive without oxygen.

If this was 1960 you'd be right, but it's not. Hulk has adapted to no oxygen underwater and in space already on panel.

comicfan11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By comicfan11

Aquamen should win due to location, adamantium level equipment and a $hitton of energy/elemental/area of effect attacks. Not to mention all the summons to add to their numbers and distract/overwhelm the Hulks. And these summons include Krakens and Kaijus.

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#10  Edited By GhostRavage

@highaccuser said:

Aquamen should stomp.

Why? Banner alone brings a shit ton of things Aquamen can't really counter. I mean, what's stopping Banner from putting his Gamma Dome up and weakening all of them while the Hulks are completely unaffected by it? Even a miniature one was enough to put Amadeus's fingers to sleep, the big one can completely disintegrate Hulk level beings. Banner can also start invisible and tase them from behind with enough absurd paraphernalia to cause them a constant stroke, likewise, Banner can control time and slow them down 10,000 times slower than regular time.

Chimeroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11  Edited By Chimeroid

@ghostravage: He added characters IIRC the thread started as Aquamen vs a single Hulk.

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chimeroid: He still said Aquamen still stomped after the edit.

Chimeroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

First edit was only adding Rulk and Shulk. Aquamen would still stomp :D

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ghostravage said:

First edit was only adding Rulk and Shulk. Aquamen would still stomp :D

Fair enough. Aquamen hardly have a chance here though, Banner alone can take on 3 of them by himself.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@highaccuser said:

Aquamen should stomp.

Why? Banner alone brings a shit ton of things Aquamen can't really counter. I mean, what's stopping Banner from putting his Gamma Dome up and weakening all of them while the Hulks are completely unaffected by it? Even a miniature one was enough to put Amadeus's fingers to sleep, the big one can completely disintegrate Hulk level beings. Banner can also start invisible and tase them from behind with enough absurd paraphernalia to cause them a constant stroke, likewise, Banner can control time and slow them down 10,000 times slower than regular time.

Banner wasn't here when I said that. There has been more than one edit.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Though I'm not sure why Ocean Master can't drop Banner with lightning or why the Dead King can't just kill him by continent busting.

Chimeroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ghostravage: Banner tech was op and Lack of TP is really in the way of water team. I might have to agree. On the other hand they do have some insanely heavy hitters.

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Though I'm not sure why Ocean Master can't drop Banner with lightning or why the Dead King can't just kill him by continent busting.

Because Banner has shields that can tank Hiro Kala's planet shattering beams with only 0.0017% of them and Banner's shields have shrugged off Satellites beams from S.H.I.E.L.D. Likewise, Banner Shields have shrugged off lightnings from Thor himself as shown by Amadeus Cho.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ghostravage: If Radiation falls under the Toxin/Poison category Aquaman was immune to the Trenches Toxin which had some affect on Superman and Wonder Woman.

He also took a radiation blast from Nuetron.

Radiation is not poison nor a toxin. You can die from radiation poisoning but radiation can also be heat, energy or simply radiation from the electromagnetic spectrum. I still don't know why it wouldn't affect him if he's been affected by much less. Banner is a powerhouse in his own right.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@highaccuser said:

Because Banner has shields that can tank Hiro Kala's planet shattering beams with only 0.0017% of them and Banner's shields have shrugged off Satellites beams from S.H.I.E.L.D. Likewise, Banner Shields have shrugged off lightnings from Thor himself as shown by Amadeus Cho.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Cho admitted he couldn't have done that without the adamantium mace though.

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@highaccuser: He still took the hit, the only thing the mace did was absorb it and redirect it.

Chimeroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ghostravage: I dont think you can use that as a feat for banner. It was modified by Cho and it was even stated by him that it would be impossible for mortal tech.

Avatar image for atheistknowledge
AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chimeroid: The modification Cho used is to absorb the lightning with Harcules hammer and redirect it back at Thor, what Ghost is arguing is that the shields tanked the lightning in the first place, which they did. You are confusing things.

Anyways the Hulks/Banner stomp here.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c6c6de088804
deactivated-5c6c6de088804

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@highaccuser said:

Banner said in Incredible Hulk #601, that those shields were feeding on Skaar's Old Power to protect Bruce against his punches. So launching Old Power against those shields its like attacking Hulk with a gamma bomb.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Aquamen

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@caped_baldy: Yes, he also said he was feeding off Skaar's Gamma as well and that doesn't change the fact Hiro Kala still harmed the shields, for all i know the shields might be way more attuned to absorb gamma due to Banner's knowledge on it rather than flat out absorbing the Old Power regardless of how powerful the hit is.

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ghostravage: I dont think you can use that as a feat for banner. It was modified by Cho and it was even stated by him that it would be impossible for mortal tech.

Cho never modified Banner's shields. He actually kept using them after that issue and it literally said "Bannertech Shields Up" most of the time.

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ecstaticgrace: Really man? Radiation Poisoning is a term, is not actual poison nor venom nor toxin, is radiation. Gamma Rays generate more heat than the sun (You can easily google this up), i'm pretty damn sure Aquaman has nothing close to withstanding that heat. That said, show me these feats, can't post mine at the moment but i never back down a debate.

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By GhostRavage

@ecstaticgrace: Lightning generates more heat than the outer layers of the sun. Gamma Rays generate more heat that stars including the core, the outer layers and energy released.

Heat vision has been stated to be AS HOT AS the Sun, not hotter.

The feats you're mentioning seem to be extremely high end, Aquaman is certiainly not operating on Starro's tier, someone that fights Despero (which is a character that alone humiliated Aquaman), most of the time. I don't know what's so great about Neutron besides his Pre-Crisis's appearances. Regardless, Doc Green and Banner both have teleporters and can easily keep the team fighting by reintegrating them to the fight, Banner has actually done it before. Not sure what being a Walking Corpse or not would change here.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c6c6de088804
deactivated-5c6c6de088804

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ghostravage said:

@caped_baldy: Yes, he also said he was feeding off Skaar's Gamma as well and that doesn't change the fact Hiro Kala still harmed the shields, for all i know the shields might be way more attuned to absorb gamma due to Banner's knowledge on it rather than flat out absorbing the Old Power regardless of how powerful the hit is.

Well, that's right, but we shouldn't forget that those shields were able to absorb that kind of energy so the feat is not 100% clear IMO. I don't really think that Banner's tech shields were tanking planet busting beams.

green_skaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Speaking of Despero.

http://imgur.com/a/vUhDg

Sharks harming Despero, wtf, that's an awful showing.

Avatar image for termiteone4ever
termiteone4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Aqua dudes

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team Hulks.

Avatar image for cosmicallyaware1
cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 46

@ecstaticgrace:

Your going to have to show me the instance your speaking of where Despero physically humiliated Aquaman by the way I can't seem to think of it.

Just on a side note.................have you heard of or read a one shot called "JLA/JSA Virtue and Vice"? If not, you need to. Despero manhandled Superman, Powergirl, Wonder Woman, Shazam, and Hourman...all at the same time. Brutally. He mopped the floor with them.

Are you saying that he cannot physically match Arthur? Despero would curbstomp him 1:1 in strength.

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ecstaticgrace:

The problem with your Gamma Rays statement is that not all of them are operating at the heat your suggesting.

"While the gamma ray doesn't have it's own temperature, the quantity of gamma rays produced by a body is affected by the temperature, and electromagnetic properties of the body that produced it." Meaning we can't suggest Hulk is given off heat equivalent to that of a star let alone the sun.

This is wrong. Hulk has actually produced more gamma rays on a leak than the sun itself given it actually operated beyond the heat of a nuclear explosion as shown in Incredible Hulk #446 when he was having a gamma outburst due to instability of intrusive energies.

The scan states he was going to melt the city down and that a nuclear utility made to smothering nuclear explosions without being affected was actually melted by Hulk. The only reason he didn't melt the entire city and who knows what more was because he actually died in the process, ergo, stopping the meltdown. Either way, i'm not entirely sure why we're talking about Hulk, much less why you're citing the "reasons" why objects release Gamma Rays or "How" an object can release Gamma Rays (not to mention you're assuming the sun is indeed a noteworthy star when there are billions upon billions insanely hotter). In fact, this is a description of which objects release such energy:

"Gamma rays have the smallest wavelengths and the most energy of any wave in the electromagnetic spectrum. They are produced by the hottest and most energetic objects in the universe, such as neutron stars and pulsars, supernova explosions, and regions around black holes. On Earth, gamma waves are generated by nuclear explosions, lightning, and the less dramatic activity of radioactive decay."

Taken from ~http://missionscience.nasa.gov/ems/12_gammarays.html

Moreover, it has been confirmed for decades now that Nuclear Weapons can exceed by 15 million degrees the temperature of the sun and Thermonuclear Weapons even on a higher degree. Even Fat Man and Little Boy, Hiroshima and Nagasaki's detonations exceeded the temperature of the Sun's core by said amount. This information was taken from BBC's Focus Magazine.

Now, the amount of energy and the intensity varies on the object generating them and Banner's Dome has proven to instantly disintegrate Hulk level beasts on touch. Lightning generates gamma rays but it does it in such a small fraction of time it's basically unappreciable or minimal by comic standards, or any scientific standards if we're going deeper into the subject.

There's other feats One shotting a one hundred plus tonner. Falling from Orbit at speeds faster then light and some of this was on the JL title Morrison run which I'd say the most focus he got on that individually was when I believe Waid came in and did Obsidian Age. Aquaman Year one had Poseidon oneshot Superman, in the Triton story Triton took Poseidons powers and killed his father Poseidon and in the same instance Aquaman took a blast from the trident. He's taken Hell fire and Lightning as well and was fine in Hades so I would call surviving Heat Vision a outlier.

This is cool, but none of this actually supports the notion of Aquaman fighting freaking Starro, not only Starro's telepathy should be WAY too much for Aquaman to even stand a chance, but the fact Starro is still above Aquaman in any relevant area. As per what i stated, i wanted to say "Superman" instead of "Aquaman", my bad.

Orm can BFR them one at a time same with Post-Convergence Aquaman. If this was composite Atlan same with him they don't have to send them to the same location.

And Banner will simply relocate them and teleport back, i told you he has done it as shown in Incredible Hulks #618 and prior to that as well, also afterwards.

No Caption Provided

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ashrym: Where's Aquaman taking the blast? Either way, the scans are posted of Hulk generating that heat. Still, i'm still asking why is people being skeptic about Hulk if all i mentioned was Banner's Dome disintegrating Hulk- ordinance enemies.

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ashrym: Nuclear bombs are hotter than the sun and it is said in the scan Hulk is melting a device made to actually smother those Nuclear Bombs. Why do i need to explain this? Starro's heat isn't stated either, why should i assume they are as hot as the sun, hell, why should i assume they are even that hot if freaking chains are not melting and are inside the stream as well.

Magma is FAR from being near the sun's temperature.

@ecstaticgrace

The scan suggest that over time his gamma release could burn the city it doesn't seem like anything initial the fact that the metal stayed intact through the scans don't help the point that it was able to cover him.

What? It's not overtime, he was going to increase the range of the gamma leak, he was already melting and disintegrating everything within his proximity. Regardless, by now i can tell you don't have a wide grasp at thermodynamics. Heat needs to be transferred and there's a principle of a "temperature shield" when there's an abrupt contact between cold and heat, heat is not transferred instantly. Your point is flawed and the fact he melted something that isn't supposed to melt even by smothering a nuclear bomb is enough proof he was generating more heat than the sun.

I take that in the sense that water boils out of a pot over time. There's nothing to suggest the rays he's producing is hotter then the sun, though I do consider that to be troublesome he could always be bfr'd if they seem him releasing that energy I'm sure he'd be a problem to his teammates as well.

Dude... I don't have patience for this, i'm sorry. First of all, Gamma Rays generate more energy and heat than stars, nuclear weapons generate more heat than the sun and Hulk melted a device made to smother nuclear bombs... At the very least you must admit he was generating more heat than the sun. Secondly, i can't even fathom why on Earth we keep talking about Hulk and his Gamma release, i didn't even mentioned Hulk in my arguments and you brought it out of the blue, i mean, he can't even release that much gamma here.

The context behind the Starro scan is Orion attacked Starro making it retaliate while Aquaman was still in the vicinity. Aquaman was originally at the side of Starro but was shown chained through the blast to get out of it by Zauriel.

Ok.

Morgan Le Fey tried to destroy Hong Kong with an Energy Blast Aquaman's trident absorbed it and sent it back.

Ok... How is this relevant to being disintegrated or at the very least weakened by a Gamma Dome?

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ecstaticgrace:

The latter two in the post was just to reference something Aquaman's tanked in terms of blast durability it's not suppose to be Aquaman took this much amount of heat.

I don't think all Nuclear blast are greater then the sun in terms of heat I'll have to look into it because right now it's just an opinion. Your aware though there are those who survived Hiroshima and Nagasaki by being inside building at a bit of a distance I'd say the team's durability triumphs that.

Dude... I posted a scientifically confirmed and proved evidence that nukes actually pack more heat than the sun on a smaller scale. In the same article it is stated both Fat Man and Little Boy generated 15 million degrees above the Sun's core temperature. I mean... Are you seriously questioning this? DID YOU EVEN READ THE ARTICLE?

Looking into heat it suggest burns or the effects of heat can be determined by factors such as wind blowing the heat in another direction Post-Convergence Aquaman has wind control (I'm going to call him Arthor so I don't have to type the name in full alot) both Arthor and Atlan have ice control to keep the area cool.

Not when is radiation, it doesn't even have mass for it to be affected by medium, it travels at the speed of light in any medium unless it is a freaking black hole that actually affects gravity to the point not even massless factors can escape it.

I still don't see why this Hulk won't be bfr'd while he's given off heat. To my understanding if he's giving this much heat should be a problem to his teammates as well which should be a problem in retrieving him not to mention leaving a few teammates in order to retrieve him.

For fuck's sakes man, are you being this difficult on purpose? Hulk can't be BFR'd if he has a teleporter... Doc Green can teleport back... DOC GREEN can teleport back. That said... For the 4th time already... From where did you get the idea Hulk would be emitting radiation... Like... How did we even get there? I never mentioned Hulk ONCE. Regardless, Hulk can freaking teleport himself back...

For real, i'm done. I don't even understand what's the point anymore.

never give up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol