This topic is locked from further discussion.

#101 Edited by WastelandMan (8797 posts) - - Show Bio

@sodamyat:

The shockwave didn't topple anything, quit lying. It didn't collapse just a part of it was destroyed and they had to fly over a thousand feat to do so. Plus it wasn't even a PUNCH. The shockwaves from their punches don't even come close to HB and Hulks. Faora and Supes were slugging it out in an iHop with even more people who were even closer to them then the people in the scene with HB and Hulk and they were completely fine:

Loading Video...

Hulk's shockwave punch>>>>>>>>MoS shockwave punches.

So if Hulk's punch is a baby shockwave, the Kryptonian's are still in the embryo.

#102 Posted by MAZAHS117 (12524 posts) - - Show Bio

*smh* Lol, just couldn't wait huh?!

#103 Posted by terry2012 (9818 posts) - - Show Bio

*smh* Lol, just couldn't wait huh?!

Exactly.

#104 Edited by Black_Arrow (10258 posts) - - Show Bio

@monsterstomp said:

@rudebomberboy01:

The bit Clark flew through wasn't 'skyscraper level'... not to mention no one know what material it's made of, oh, and again, Clark flew through it, Hulk simply stood there and one-shotted the Leviathan who was both strong and durable enough to literally walk through multiple buildings and collapse them in the process.

No one needs to know what the material was made of. Logically its material from a technologically more advanced race. Flying through it doesn't make the striking feat any less valid. The Engine has more feats than a leviathan. To add to that, I don't recall a single Leviathan flying through a building.

I want to add that the spaceship that Kal first found on earth, when he took it down with Zod inside, It took down a lot of buildings with no apparent damage until it hit the ground. It's logical to think that both the spaceship and the World engine are made from similar materials.

#105 Posted by SodamYat (7907 posts) - - Show Bio

@m_man said:

@sodamyat:

Hulk's shokwave punch>>>>>>>>MoS shockwave punches.

LMAO hulk and ironmans BabyShockwave was weak. 2 humans survived it just fine.

Kryptonians were doing shockwaves casually.

Hulk and Ironman had to cock back and throw a hard punch to create the BabyShockwave.

Avatar image for rudebomberboy01
#106 Posted by RudeBomberBoy01 (4525 posts) - - Show Bio

@monsterstomp:

No one needs to know what the material was made of. Logically its material from a technologically more advanced race.

And this means what exactly?

Flying through it doesn't make the striking feat any less valid.

No one said it did, but it is interesting to note the means. On one hand you have two people flying into each other at high speeds to create massive shock waves, on the other hand you have Hulk and Tony standing still and throwing their hands, which also produces massive shock waves.

The Engine has more feats than a leviathan. To add to that, I don't recall a single Leviathan flying through a building.

No Caption Provided

And collapses the building.

I'm not ignoring that, its just irrelevant. Moreover, Zod fought Superman at close quarters and produced comparable shockwaves (right before the part where Zod grabs Superman by the cape).

Ahh crap, i missed that part. I concede this point :P

Anywho, I expect to see the vine explode come April 23rd.

#107 Posted by MAZAHS117 (12524 posts) - - Show Bio

@terry2012: We should thank MARVEL for damnnear releasing the movie before it even hits theaters! Now we have two more weeks of THIS -_-

#108 Posted by MonsterStomp (36748 posts) - - Show Bio
#109 Posted by SodamYat (7907 posts) - - Show Bio

@terry2012: We should thank MARVEL for damnnear releasing the movie before it even hits theaters! Now we have two more weeks of THIS -_-

LMAO. so true. marvel put out multiple teaser trailers and then like 50 trailers(hyperbole...obviously) lol.

#110 Edited by WastelandMan (8797 posts) - - Show Bio

@sodamyat:

LOL

An entire restaurant filled with people were right next to Clark and Faora yet they survived without a scratch. Give me a break.

Hulk has better striking feats shockwave. A Leviathan flew through a building like butter and Hulk one shotted it. Hulk created a shockwave from a punch greater than any of the Kryptonians.

Hulk and Ironman had to cock back and throw a hard punch to create the BabyShockwave.

The shockwave was larger than ANY of the kryptonains shockwaves caused by their punches.

#111 Posted by terry2012 (9818 posts) - - Show Bio

True. There going to be a lot of comments changing when the movie come out.

#112 Posted by kfabz-23 (6135 posts) - - Show Bio

@rudebomberboy01: it wasn't a massive shockwave bro. We've seen how Ironman suits fair against hot temperature's, if Zod hits him with that heat vision. And we know Zod would be willing to take the fight to space as well.

#113 Posted by hatemalingsia (15494 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

#114 Edited by WastelandMan (8797 posts) - - Show Bio

@terry2012 said:
@shazam117 said:

3 pages for a battle from AoU and the movie hasn't come out yet......imagine how long threads will be when it finally comes out o.o

#115 Posted by terry2012 (9818 posts) - - Show Bio
@m_man said:

@terry2012 said:
@shazam117 said:

3 pages for a battle from AoU and the movie hasn't come out yet......imagine how long threads will be when it finally come out o.o

True.

Yeah exactly.

#116 Posted by kfabz-23 (6135 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm just sitting down and waiting for someone to ask why didn't stark take the fight away from the civilians.

#117 Posted by RudeBomberBoy01 (4525 posts) - - Show Bio
@kfabz-23 said:

@rudebomberboy01: it wasn't a massive shockwave bro. We've seen how Ironman suits fair against hot temperature's, if Zod hits him with that heat vision. And we know Zod would be willing to take the fight to space as well.

That wasn't a massive shock wave to you? We must have been watching different clips. When has Zod's heat vision ever been clocked over 5000°F?

As for the rest of your comment, is it so hard to just wait till the movie comes out... instead of you know.... forming a conclusion based on watching a 90 seconds clip from a movie which is over 2 hours long?

#118 Posted by RudeBomberBoy01 (4525 posts) - - Show Bio

@kfabz-23 said:

I'm just sitting down and waiting for someone to ask why didn't stark take the fight away from the civilians.

He tried to, but Hulk drags him back down.

#119 Posted by SpinnerComix (3989 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

#120 Posted by SodamYat (7907 posts) - - Show Bio

@m_man said:

@sodamyat:

LOL

An entire restaurant filled with people were right next to Clark and Faora yet they survived without a scratch. Give me a break.

Hulk has better striking feats shockwave. A Leviathan flew through a building like butter and Hulk one shotted it. Hulk created a shockwave from a punch greater than any of the Kryptonians.

The shockwave was larger than ANY of the kryptonains shockwaves caused by their punches.

LOL...No

#121 Posted by terry2012 (9818 posts) - - Show Bio
@kfabz-23 said:

Exactly. Especially since he had the chance when he was flying with The Hulk. It is probably for the same reason why Superman didn't take the fight away from the town and the city. Instead he told the people to get in side it is not safe? In fact, Zod is the one that took the fight away from the city only to bring it back down to the city.

#122 Posted by SodamYat (7907 posts) - - Show Bio

@kfabz-23 said:

They wont. cause Marvel fans.

#123 Posted by WastelandMan (8797 posts) - - Show Bio

@sodamyat:

Riveting and well thought out response as always SodamYat aka Comicuser/Foreverevil/a million different banned accounts.

#124 Posted by WastelandMan (8797 posts) - - Show Bio

The jimmies will be extremely rustled.

For you.

#125 Posted by SodamYat (7907 posts) - - Show Bio
#126 Posted by WastelandMan (8797 posts) - - Show Bio

@sodamyat:

Says the guy who's been banned before for being bitter xD

#127 Posted by MAZAHS117 (12524 posts) - - Show Bio

@terry2012: You think this is some sh!t, just wait until the BvS trailer releases. If there's any footage of Bats or Wondy, even just a LITTLE....the battle threads will imploded unto itselfs.

...just you wait :-/

#128 Edited by terry2012 (9818 posts) - - Show Bio
@shazam117 said:

@terry2012: You think this is some sh!t, just wait until the BvS trailer releases. If there's any footage of Bats or Wondy, even just a LITTLE....the battle threads will imploded unto itselfs.

...just you wait :-/

So true. And I cannot wait for it.

#129 Posted by Homer_X (2387 posts) - - Show Bio

3 pages on this thread when a movie still hasn't come out.....

Avatar image for atheistknowledge
#130 Posted by AtheistKnowledge (9595 posts) - - Show Bio

@kfabz-23 said:

Probably because they where not toppling buildings on civilians like in MOS, other than that according to the spoilers Iron Man uses one of his arms to grab Hulk and fly him outside the city.

#131 Posted by kfabz-23 (6135 posts) - - Show Bio

@rudebomberboy01: it really wasn't. Superman's heat vision melted steel with literal ease, so I doubt Zod's would have trouble melting titanium alloy. The Superman vs Zod fight is like 3 mins and a couple secs. We've seen 90 secs of Hulkbuster it's not that much of a disadvantage.

#132 Posted by RudeBomberBoy01 (4525 posts) - - Show Bio
@kfabz-23 said:

it really wasn't. Superman's heat vision melted steel with literal ease, so I doubt Zod's would have trouble melting titanium alloy.

I'm sorry but, this is not proof.

The Superman vs Zod fight is like 3 mins and a couple secs. We've seen 90 secs of Hulkbuster it's not that much of a disadvantage.

Again, you saw 90 seconds of an incomplete battle, from a movie which is over 2 hours long. Pls.

Avatar image for the_caped_crusader
#133 Posted by The_Caped_Crusader (10533 posts) - - Show Bio

Zod.

#134 Posted by BoringPerson (3744 posts) - - Show Bio

@m_man said:

@boringperson said:

Re-watch MoS btw, HB impacting with the fist of Hulk (as they slammed and stayed even we can assumed relatively even striking) causing a shockwave too weak to knock down a guy standing 15 feet away isn't impressive... that literally happened a dozen and a half times in MoS... Not to mention the football field sized shockwave from Zod and Mos colliding a the beginning of their fight,

The shockwave from the punch was bigger than ANY of the shockwaves from the MoS punches. The shockwave also destroyed the windows of multiple cars and sent them jumping. MoS punches did not. None of the punches from MoS knocked any human back either. The shockwave created from Zod and Supes colliding by charging at one another from dozens of feat away isn't as impressive as a massive shockwave caused by a casual punch. I'd also like to point out Hulk hitting HB hundreds of feat in the air and into buildings is far more impressive than how far the Kryptonians hit each other. Kryptonians possess the same mass as a regular human. The Hulkbuster has infinitely greater mass and weight than a regular human.

The bolded would be true in terms of striking power... except that it's mostly horizontal movement where Hulk has no self propulsion and Tony's is severely hampered in the Hulkbuster. When Zod punches Superman or vice versa, they quickly try to right themselves and get on balance by "flying" in the opposite direction.

Infinitely greater is also, as you obviously know, huge hyperbole. Hulk buster is probably in the 2-5 ton range as immediately compresses the ground beneath it. Hulk probably weighs, what... I dunno. 1-1.5k lbs in the comics? Probably around that here. Again, obviously, your point is pretty much valid in terms of mass difference though.

Though calling it a casual punch is really stretching. A casual Hulk punch doesn't even land Thor or Loki through a wall/floor of Avengers Tower. The punches that sent Iron Man flying was Hulk charging at him and blindsiding him.

One kind of disappointing thing was Hulk buster getting pierced by a traffic light pole. Though I guess since Tony is actually inside the Hulkbuster, so he's probably focusing on impact absorption -so as to not be turned into Stark jelly- rather than pure durability. Also pretty smart not to think anything he can make can really withstand the Hulk, thus the spare parts suite.

I am so hyped...

SO HYPED.

ANT-MAN HYPE.

Why is Batman vs Superman: Dawn of Justice 387 days, 16 hours, and 20 minutes away?

WHY?!?!

#135 Posted by kfabz-23 (6135 posts) - - Show Bio
#136 Posted by RudeBomberBoy01 (4525 posts) - - Show Bio

I am so hyped...

SO HYPED.

ANT-MAN HYPE.

Why is Batman vs Superman: Dawn of Justice 387 days, 16 hours, and 20 minutes away?

WHY?!?!

This right here!

#137 Edited by WastelandMan (8797 posts) - - Show Bio

@boringperson:

The bolded would be true in terms of striking power... except that it's mostly horizontal movement where Hulk has no self propulsion and Tony's is severely hampered in the Hulkbuster. When Zod punches Superman or vice versa, they quickly try to right themselves and get on balance by "flying" in the opposite direction.

Infinitely greater is also, as you obviously know, huge hyperbole. Hulk buster is probably in the 2-5 ton range as immediately compresses the ground beneath it. Hulk probably weighs, what... I dunno. 1-1.5k lbs in the comics? Probably around that here. Again, obviously, your point is pretty much valid in terms of mass difference though.

Though calling it a casual punch is really stretching. A casual Hulk punch doesn't even land Thor or Loki through a wall/floor of Avengers Tower. The punches that sent Iron Man flying was Hulk charging at him and blindsiding him.

One kind of disappointing thing was Hulk buster getting pierced by a traffic light pole. Though I guess since Tony is actually inside the Hulkbuster, so he's probably focusing on impact absorption -so as to not be turned into Stark jelly- rather than pure durability. Also pretty smart not to think anything he can make can really withstand the Hulk, thus the spare parts suite.

I am so hyped...

SO HYPED.

ANT-MAN HYPE.

My point was that Hulk and HB hitting each such great distances is far more impressive given their weight as opposed to Supes and Zod hitting each other the distances they flew considering their significantly inferior mass. Yes, when they were thrown, they attempt to counterbalance it with flight, but this was not always the case and I can point out multiple instances of this in MoS.

You're right that I was being somewhat hyperbolic but my point remains.

Also, Hulk is far more enraged here than he ever was. And obviously, the angrier the stronger for Hulk. So comparing Hulk then who was moderately enraged to this Hulk who is more enraged than he's ever been in all his movies wouldn't be appropriate. I was also referring to the punch that created the shockwave as casual, not the one that sent IM flying.

I'm really hyped as well for all those movies too :)

#138 Posted by SunDeep (1261 posts) - - Show Bio

BTW, to clarify things for the battle itself- Zod starts the battle fully clad in his battle armor, complete with his helmet. So at the start of the battle, until/unless Stark breaks his helmet open, Zod won't be able to fly, or to shoot eye lasers. But without the overwhelming flood of sensory information (until/unless the containment of his suit gets breached), Stark's amplified voice and his continuous repulsor-blast spamming won't be able to deafen and blind Zod into submission either.

#139 Edited by GXrevolution96 (3654 posts) - - Show Bio

@sundeep said:

BTW, to clarify things for the battle itself- Zod starts the battle fully clad in his battle armor, complete with his helmet. So at the start of the battle, until/unless Stark breaks his helmet open, Zod won't be able to fly, or to shoot eye lasers. But without the overwhelming flood of sensory information (until/unless the containment of his suit gets breached), Stark's amplified voice and his continuous repulsor-blast spamming won't be able to deafen and blind Zod into submission either.

Zod does not need his helmet. He adapted to the sensory overload.

Also, Hulk is far more enraged here than he ever was.

I am curious on how exactly you came to that conclusion? Because Hulk is no more enraged here than he was when he fought Thor.

And obviously, the angrier the stronger for Hulk

I do not recall that ever been stated in the films. It may hold true in the comics but this is a different incarnation of Hulk.

#140 Edited by WastelandMan (8797 posts) - - Show Bio

@gxrevolution96:

Hulk kept getting wrecked and overpowered by Abom multiple times and it was clear Hulk didn't even want to fight, but each time he got angrier he completely overpowered Abom:

Loading Video...

It's pretty clear MCU Hulk gets stronger depending on his anger level...........in terms of how I know Hulk is angrier than he was in the Helicarrier, I'm inferring it based on what I know about SW's influence over him and his changed appearance (popping veins/sweat/etc) which he's never exhibited prior. We'll know for certain when the movie comes out.

#141 Posted by SodamYat (7907 posts) - - Show Bio
#142 Posted by I_Am_Lightning (3496 posts) - - Show Bio

The whole fight ain't even out yet and people are arguing...

No Caption Provided
#143 Edited by GXrevolution96 (3654 posts) - - Show Bio

@i_am_lightning said:

The whole fight ain't even out yet and people are arguing...

No Caption Provided

Humans…we are indeed a fascinating species.

#144 Posted by Noone301994 (22169 posts) - - Show Bio

I love how certain people are in this thread. It's hilarious. Remind me again, how many of you have seen Avengers: Age of Ultron?

#145 Edited by Bladewolf2 (144 posts) - - Show Bio

HAHAHA, the last AoU showed how weak are MCU characters compared to DC movie verse, i mean, look at this

Hulk and Hulkbuster baby shockwave, funny enough, both of them need to charge the punch to produce that puny shockwave

No Caption Provided

VS

DBZ esque proper shockwave

No Caption Provided

Then again this is Whedon we re talking about, the same guy that turned Quicksilver into ''almost as fast as a bullet'' lame speedster

Zod murders Tony

#146 Posted by Black_Arrow (10258 posts) - - Show Bio

@bladewolf2: since the begining Quicksilver was a lame speedster so it's not rare that he is one now.

#147 Posted by LEGACY6364 (7441 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't need to see the Hulk Buster's feats to know that Zod epic stomps.

#148 Edited by KingTPhil (1730 posts) - - Show Bio

Regardless of what happens in AoU, Zod is gonna stomp.

Avatar image for atheistknowledge
#149 Posted by AtheistKnowledge (9595 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think people realize this but the reason why the building looks so damaged when Zod and Superman clash is because Superman got sent flying into the building lol, not because of the shockwave alone you can even see Superman falling out of it. And i dunno whether to laugh or maniacally laugh at how stupid it is to judge 2 different fights based on how much shockwaves they created. I mean if i applied that same logic to the comics there would be a lot of butthurt people.

Hulk created earthquakes with mere steps all your Doomsday owning Jutice League sh!t is invalid.

Avatar image for unusual_suspect
#150 Posted by Unusual_Suspect (726 posts) - - Show Bio

It fascinates me how people can judge an impact wave without seeing it play itself out entirely. The clip ends mid-shockwave, so even if it toppled the entire bloody city, there's no possibly way we'd know one way or the other.

This seems like a textbook case of the "reserve judgment until you see the darn thing" doctrine.