Avatar image for sophisticated_ignorance
#3851 Edited by Sophisticated_Ignorance (2119 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman would take it but in a good fight, strength and durability wise I'd say they're on the same level, Superman obviously has better speed but Hulk has insane regeneration, Supes would have to put him down fast cause the longer the fight goes on the more in favour it goes to Hulk.

Avatar image for clownprinceofcrime1995
#3852 Posted by clownprinceofcrime1995 (4901 posts) - - Show Bio

@clownprinceofcrime1995: One yes this thread is opinionated

two poor comparison

three lol

four It has been debunked so many times

five lol at the hand me down arguement about speed

and. lol at your fanboy reasoning

But to declare a winner and win what is essentially a debate you must be objective not opinionated. Just because you have an opinion doesn't mean you aren't wrong.

Explain don't state.

#3853 Posted by clownprinceofcrime1995 (4901 posts) - - Show Bio

@rr79 said:

@clownprinceofcrime1995: Also, technically, the only right answer is "whoever the writers decided they wanted to win". Any side we pick will always be opinion unless it was already shown in a canon comic with no extenuating circumstances and no context surrounding the fight.

Well no because an individual writer could make arm fall off boy beat Thanos and that would be canon. On a thread this would be thrown out obviously under something induced stupidity. Objectively that battle would go to thanos. Generally you pick a winner based off abilities and laugh at those who aren't making objective arguments like the ones Gokus personal gimp is doing.

#3854 Posted by RR79 (6761 posts) - - Show Bio

@rr79 said:

@clownprinceofcrime1995: Also, technically, the only right answer is "whoever the writers decided they wanted to win". Any side we pick will always be opinion unless it was already shown in a canon comic with no extenuating circumstances and no context surrounding the fight.

Well no because an individual writer could make arm fall off boy beat Thanos and that would be canon. On a thread this would be thrown out obviously under something induced stupidity. Objectively that battle would go to thanos. Generally you pick a winner based off abilities and laugh at those who aren't making objective arguments like the ones Gokus personal gimp is doing.

The difference in that scenario is that Arm fall off boy is logically not going to beat Thanos through any reasonable means. He is literally millions of times less powerful. When you have characters that are fairly close to each other in power(especially when the OP removed speed blitz) then it would fall under "whoever the writers decided they wanted to win". We could argue all we wanted and people are welcome to have any opinion they want. But saying that one opinion is right and one opinion is wrong is just not correct.

#3855 Posted by clownprinceofcrime1995 (4901 posts) - - Show Bio

@rr79 said:
@clownprinceofcrime1995 said:
@rr79 said:

The difference in that scenario is that Arm fall off boy is logically not going to beat Thanos through any reasonable means. He is literally millions of times less powerful. When you have characters that are fairly close to each other in power(especially when the OP removed speed blitz) then it would fall under "whoever the writers decided they wanted to win". We could argue all we wanted and people are welcome to have any opinion they want. But saying that one opinion is right and one opinion is wrong is just not correct.

Hulk and supes aren't fairly close to each other though. Hulk hasn't got a chance to hit supes because even though he can't blitz he can still dodge every one of hulks punches and punch hulk into space. Objectively superman wins or ties. Saying hulk wins is factually incorrect.

#3856 Posted by RR79 (6761 posts) - - Show Bio

@rr79 said:
@rr79 said:

Hulk and supes aren't fairly close to each other though. Hulk hasn't got a chance to hit supes because even though he can't blitz he can still dodge every one of hulks punches and punch hulk into space. Objectively superman wins or ties. Saying hulk wins is factually incorrect.

Your opinion is not fact, even though I agree with your opinion in this case, it is still an opinion.

#3857 Posted by clownprinceofcrime1995 (4901 posts) - - Show Bio

@rr79 said:
@rr79 said:
@rr79 said:

Your opinion is not fact, even though I agree with your opinion in this case, it is still an opinion.

I'm not saying it is fact I'm saying my opinion is based on facts not personal bias. It is a fact that without plot armour hulk cannot tag supes therefore he cannot win.

#3858 Posted by SuperGoku17 (6594 posts) - - Show Bio

@supergoku17 said:

@clownprinceofcrime1995: One yes this thread is opinionated

two poor comparison

three lol

four It has been debunked so many times

five lol at the hand me down arguement about speed

and. lol at your fanboy reasoning

But to declare a winner and win what is essentially a debate you must be objective not opinionated. Just because you have an opinion doesn't mean you aren't wrong.

Explain don't state.

lol

#3859 Posted by Stormdriven (16931 posts) - - Show Bio

Clark

#3860 Posted by SuperGoku17 (6594 posts) - - Show Bio

hulk

#3861 Posted by JackKira89 (400 posts) - - Show Bio

Clark. Doomsday is a million times worse than Hulk to which at least Superman as ways to put hulk down. No world breaker hulk to give hulk a boost in power. This is just superman as he is which new 52 superman bench press the planet earth for 5 days straight. Broke only one sweat. Although no speed blitzing Superman has raced against Barry Allen multiple times, did a course around the sun and back while fighting wonder woman and did it in seconds. Speed is clearly there for Superman by a longshot. One thing that Marvel has always lacked is real speed power no just "Silver Surfer" and sentry to a degree.

Superman also has insane healing when the sun is out and the fight can take hulk into outer space and all superman has to due is get hulk to the sun or move the hulk to a blue star which increases his power further. There are many ways this can go down no doubt but in the end Superman will take it at the end of the day for....

Intelligence wise Superman is actually way smarter than Lex, and Batman just tends to hold back from this.

Superman does know martial arts per say so he isn't just a brawler.

Superman also knows pressure points to while he doesn't do it often does give him so way to affect the hulk for the time being.

Strength wise is in superman's favor WITHOUT Hulk ever going world breaker to at least give hulk better feats in that.

we know he can just get as powerful like the hulk can but the sun is a natural source for his body and as I said if Superman feels the need to take the fight else were he can take it to the sun near Earth or take him to a blue sun that increases his powers more than our sun would.

So base on this (and more) I will stand with Clark winning this.

Avatar image for termiteone4ever
#3862 Posted by termiteone4ever (12245 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman still got this on all levels. Too strong too powerful too skilled.

#3863 Posted by mace1111 (352 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor,Hyperion and Gladiator are more powerful then superman.By the way thor has more powers then superman,Hyperion and Gladiator.

@klasstyt said:

Superman wins, he is more durable, faster, stronger, smarter than Hulk. Supes also has Heat Vision and i don't know if Hulk can tank a Full blast if that.

Hulk is more durable and stronger then superman,but overall superman is more powerful then hulk.

#3864 Posted by vj21oq (163 posts) - - Show Bio

hulk at his base lost to captain america and spiderman

#3865 Posted by vj21oq (163 posts) - - Show Bio

@mace1111 said:

Thor,Hyperion and Gladiator are more powerful then superman.By the way thor has more powers then superman,Hyperion and Gladiator.

thor was always holding back when he fought hulk, in canon fights thor won the majority against hulk and hyperion is not stronger then superman just a bit more durable.

#3866 Edited by Erkan12 (7256 posts) - - Show Bio
@vj21oq said:
@mace1111 said:

thor was always holding back when he fought hulk, in canon fights thor won the majority against hulk and hyperion is not stronger then superman just a bit more durable.

You think Hulk wasn't holding back too? Thor already said he couldn't defeat Hulk, he never could. Then he BFRed him with a powerful lightning blast.

Lately, it has been confirmed that Hulk is more durable than Thor, who can resist planet buster attacks.

@vj21oq said:

Out of context, you don't know how it happened, no different than Supes getting stomped by a kryptonite user or getting punched by Bane serum amped Batman. Hulk is canonically the strongest being when it comes to physical contest in Marvel universe. These arguments are just funny.

#3867 Posted by Charan_ (1370 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman in a tough fight.

#3868 Posted by vj21oq (163 posts) - - Show Bio

@erkan12 said:
@vj21oq said:
@mace1111 said:

You think Hulk wasn't holding back too? Thor already said he couldn't defeat Hulk, he never could. Then he BFRed him with a powerful lightning blast.

Lately, it has been confirmed that Hulk is more durable than Thor, who can resist planet buster attacks.

@vj21oq said:

Out of context, you don't know how it happened, no different than Supes getting stomped by a kryptonite user or getting punched by Bane serum amped Batman. Hulk is canonically the strongest being when it comes to physical contest in Marvel universe. These arguments are just funny.

No Caption Provided

no, i read that comic captain america used the pressure points knowledge to beat hulk

superman also has the pressure point knowledge and is a very skilled fighter.

#3869 Posted by vj21oq (163 posts) - - Show Bio
#3870 Edited by Revan- (7959 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk stomps.

This site used to wank Superman a LOT

Edit: Nvm, I thought this was Worldbreaker. Hulk still wins, but he doesn't stomp.

#3871 Edited by BruceRogers (15388 posts) - - Show Bio

@vj21oq: The scan of Cap apparently beating on Hulk is from the Ultimate universe. Not canon to the version being used here. Hulk has resisted pressure points.

#3872 Posted by vj21oq (163 posts) - - Show Bio

@revan- said:

Hulk stomps.

how?

#3873 Posted by Revan- (7959 posts) - - Show Bio

@vj21oq said:
@revan- said:

Hulk stomps.

how?

I like you, tier 2 troll.

#3874 Posted by vj21oq (163 posts) - - Show Bio

@revan- said:
@vj21oq said:
@revan- said:

Hulk stomps.

how?

I like you, tier 2 troll.

ok fanboy

Avatar image for _kingoflatveria
#3875 Posted by _KingofLatveria (16007 posts) - - Show Bio

Likely Supes

#3876 Posted by vj21oq (163 posts) - - Show Bio

@vj21oq: The scan of Cap apparently beating on Hulk is from the Ultimate universe. Not canon to the version being used here. Hulk has resisted pressure points.

in that case heat of the universe was also non-canon but they are so many threads with thanos heart of universe

#3877 Posted by BruceRogers (15388 posts) - - Show Bio

@vj21oq: Without getting into a debate about its canon status and assumin it is non canon for the sake of the argument, HOTU Thanos is used in threads that explictly mention that version of Thanos.

This thread does not use the Ultimate characters so bringing up feats by them is pointless.

#3878 Posted by KanyeCosby (5103 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman wins pretty easily, unless this is Rebirth.

#3879 Posted by SuperGoku17 (6594 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk still wins

Avatar image for deactivated-5b2121a0a9a00
#3880 Posted by deactivated-5b2121a0a9a00 (10000 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman in a good fight.

#3881 Edited by Erkan12 (7256 posts) - - Show Bio
#3882 Posted by MightyKalEl (2071 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman.

#3883 Posted by Mooty_Pass (8679 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm pretty sure Hulk can take any and every punch Superman has to dish to the Hulk. Due to conditions i'm not sure how either can take each other down.

I'll go with stalemate.

#3884 Edited by AbstractRaze (1558 posts) - - Show Bio

If superman was inside the sun during the last 5-10 years, Superman would destroy Hulk worldbreaker with 0 difficulties.

1. Superman was living in the sun during 5-10 years before he encountered Hulk on earth.

2. Hulk reached its worldbreaker level.

If we're going to supose by Hulk, then why not by Superman?

So if we suppose both pinnacles, Superman stomps and this, I'm not saying Superman lived in the sun for more than thousands of years like happened with Superman Prime rather only 5-10.

Now, if Superman Prime would encounter Hulk WB, Superman would disappear Hulk with his mere presence.

#3885 Edited by BruceRogers (15388 posts) - - Show Bio

@abstractraze: You do realise that he cant and doesnt just sundip himself mid combat like that, right?. And Worldbreaker Hulk isnt the pinnacle of Hulk's power, but just the angriest he has been so far. Theoretically speaking, his rage and thus his strength have both been called as infinite, limitless and incalculable by many characters. Its not applicable in a battle scenario but since you are clearly using the sundipping as a valid tactic...

#3886 Posted by EmpressOfDread (8893 posts) - - Show Bio

No one would stomp. As the round 1 involved no speedblitzing. But yeah Superman wins.

#3887 Edited by AbstractRaze (1558 posts) - - Show Bio

@brucerogers:

It was already empirically demonstrated that Hulk can't accumulate an endless amount of anger which happened in the fight between Hulk WB and Sentry, due his Healing factor was overtaxed those restricting him to stay in its Hulk form.

2. Hulk's psychology is based on a common human being, transformed or not, it's a human's brain, and humans can't become immeasurably angry, there is a breakpoint.

While Superman Prime could consume an infinite amount of suns in the past, present and future within parallel and multi-realities.

But wait, you are the same troll, not gonna waste my time with unprofessional debaters.

#3888 Posted by AssertingValor (8115 posts) - - Show Bio

Holy shit, I'm on the first page of comments lol

#3889 Edited by BruceRogers (15388 posts) - - Show Bio

@abstractraze: Its a well known fact that Sentry emanates an aura which calms the Hulk down. Not sure where you are getting the part about his healing factor being overtaxed. He literally achieves the worldbreaker form a few panels after the fight to boot.

And your statement about the human being having limited anger is true, in the real world. Not in the realm of comics, where people turn into oversized rage monsters after being bombarded with radiation, instead of you know...dying. Once I get on my pc, I can show you a small album worth of scans from all over his publication history which talk about his anger and strength being limitless.

And for the record, I agree that none of this is applicable in combat. Not really. But its about as valid as standard Superman amping himself to NLF levels via sundipping.

And Superman Prime is a completely different version of the character in terms of power. He might as well be a separate character. He isnt standard Superman and thus is totally irrelevant here.

#3890 Edited by AbstractRaze (1558 posts) - - Show Bio

@brucerogers said:

@abstractraze:

And Superman Prime is a completely different version of the character in terms of power. He might as well be a separate character. He isnt standard Superman and thus is totally irrelevant here.

While ignoring the rest of your nonsense proper from your miserable debating level.

Superman Prime is Superman's canon future, point end, now I finished.

#3891 Posted by BruceRogers (15388 posts) - - Show Bio

@abstractraze: Hey now, if you want to spew bullshit about characters you clearly know nothing about, no one is stopping you. Just dont be too surprised when you get called out on it.

And future amped Superman isnt current Superman. This isnt Superman prime vs Hulk. Its just standard Superman vs Hulk. No different than using feats from IG or HOTU Thanos for normal Thanos.

#3892 Posted by mikideze (57 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk speed equalized but, supes if not

#3893 Posted by mikideze (57 posts) - - Show Bio

hulk still, he is still much stronger, all supes got is speed.

#3894 Posted by FluffyTheCruel (6 posts) - - Show Bio

@rpottage: Doomsday got the better of Darkseid once, it later became clear that Darkseid is a class above Doomsday, akin to the Anti-Monitor, in both power and the nature of his existence (meaning there is only one of him)

#3895 Posted by JGehrand9 (324 posts) - - Show Bio

Already been done

#3896 Edited by ItsAMarvel (15 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

If Superman is still stronger than World Breaker Hulk when Hulk with a single step broke the entire estearn seaboard and the world hears the palms of him and when his eyes and his mouth beaming with radiation, then yes Supes wins!

#3897 Edited by BlitzSikes (1916 posts) - - Show Bio

So skimming the tread, I see superman takes this

Edit - joking

#3898 Posted by Illuminated (742 posts) - - Show Bio

@blitzsikes: You skimmed all 78 pages and nearly 4000 posts in the thread?

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-5ae6527167c26
#3899 Posted by deactivated-5ae6527167c26 (2058 posts) - - Show Bio

Clark phases out his brain or heart, or uses his heat vision and destroys his brain or heart GG

#3900 Posted by BlitzSikes (1916 posts) - - Show Bio