- Start 100 ft apart

- Rules:
- Morals apply.
- Random encounter.
- Standard equipment.
- Standard elimination rules apply.
- No BFR.
#2 Posted by cattlebattle (17912 posts) - - Show Bio

couldn't Major Force in theory just control Gamma radiation??

#3 Posted by KainScion (2991 posts) - - Show Bio

i think hulk can take him

#4 Posted by Saren (27941 posts) - - Show Bio

If this is regular Hulk, Major Force would just beat him to death with his bare hands.

#5 Posted by Boobster (1627 posts) - - Show Bio

LOL. Hulk stomps.

#6 Posted by Saren (27941 posts) - - Show Bio
@Boobster said:

LOL. Hulk stomps.

How? Regular Hulk is a 100 tonner. Major Force bats around Superman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern and Captain Atom. There's also the fact that he's immortal.
#7 Edited by Boobster (1627 posts) - - Show Bio

@CitizenBane said:

@Boobster said:

LOL. Hulk stomps.

How? Regular Hulk is a 100 tonner. Major Force bats around Superman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern and Captain Atom. There's also the fact that he's immortal.

100 tons is just when he is starting the battle. His strength increases. Hulk can't die as well.

#8 Posted by Saren (27941 posts) - - Show Bio
@Boobster said:

@CitizenBane said:

@Boobster said:

LOL. Hulk stomps.

100 tons is just when he is starting the battle. His strength increases. Hulk can't die as well.

Depending on his rage and how long the battle goes on. Major Force is psychotic, he'll strike to decimate. And Major Force is immortal because of his connection with the Quantum Field. He doesn't age. I think Hulk can indeed die, since Maestro was visibly much older.  And Major Force can drain the gamma radiation from Hulk's cells.
#9 Posted by Boobster (1627 posts) - - Show Bio

@CitizenBane said:

@Boobster said:

@CitizenBane said:

@Boobster said:

LOL. Hulk stomps.

Depending on his rage and how long the battle goes on. Major Force is psychotic, he'll strike to decimate. And Major Force is immortal because of his connection with the Quantum Field. He doesn't age. I think Hulk can indeed die, since Maestro was visibly much older. And Major Force can drain the gamma radiation from Hulk's cells.

I'd like to see MF draining someone that powerful.

Maestro could be visibly older, but how do you know he was ? Prof Hulk let the beard and mustache grow and looked exactly like Maestro. Maybe fashion, I'm not sure, they always said prolonged lifespan, and Maestro came back from dead, IIRC.

#10 Posted by Saren (27941 posts) - - Show Bio
@Boobster said:

@CitizenBane said:

@Boobster said:

@CitizenBane said:

@Boobster said:

LOL. Hulk stomps.

Depending on his rage and how long the battle goes on. Major Force is psychotic, he'll strike to decimate. And Major Force is immortal because of his connection with the Quantum Field. He doesn't age. I think Hulk can indeed die, since Maestro was visibly much older. And Major Force can drain the gamma radiation from Hulk's cells.

I'd like to see MF draining someone that powerful.

Maestro could be visibly older, but how do you know he was ? Prof Hulk let the beard and mustache grow and looked exactly like Maestro. Maybe fashion, I'm not sure, they always said prolonged lifespan, and Maestro came back from dead, IIRC.

He was draining Superman's cells. 

He had wrinkles and stuff, and IIRC Proteus possessed Hulk and used just his brute force to break Maestro's spine and leave him paralyzed for a while.
#11 Posted by comicdude23 (11901 posts) - - Show Bio

One-sided fight.

His strength level can near those of Superman, Wonder Woman, etc. Physically, his strength level is around equal to that of Captain Atom. He has a connection with the Quantum-Field and he can drain the Gamma-Radiation from Hulk.

Hulk doesn't even have strength, he might not even have durability here. I don't see any advantages here and his rage level going up won't go up, it's slow.

Major Force KO's him.

#12 Posted by Static Shock (53047 posts) - - Show Bio
@cattlebattle said:
couldn't Major Force in theory just control Gamma radiation??
No. Major Force isn't as complex with his powers as Captain Atom is.

@CitizenBane said:
And Major Force can drain the gamma radiation from Hulk's cells.
No, he can't. He's never been able to absorb energy. If he did, he wouldn't have allowed Superman to melt him down with heat vision. 

@CitizenBane said:
He was draining Superman's cells.  
He had to manifest dark quantum energy to do that. I wouldn't give Major Force credit in manifesting an energy form to do the same against Gamma radiation. Major Force isn't stupid, but he's not a genius. 

@comicdude23 said:

He has a connection with the Quantum-Field and he can drain the Gamma-Radiation from Hulk.

See above.
#13 Posted by Static Shock (53047 posts) - - Show Bio

As for the fight itself, Major Force has an advantage in ranged attacks, and can essentially blast away at the Hulk relentlessly. Problem is, Major Force has a tendency to take it to a physical confrontation, which would put him in a lot of danger with the Hulk (who is very dangerous at close-range). I'm sure Major Force can take Hulk's best punches for a while, and he's definitely strong enough to fight the Hulk. Force field would offer some defense. If he's going to win, he has to take out the Hulk quickly, which isn't very likely, considering his durability and the fact that his strength increases with his mood (rage).

Since Major Force is more a puncher than a tactical, intelligent fighter, I'm going to give it to Hulk 7/10. Major Force would fare better if he was more in tune with his powers.

#14 Posted by Killemall (19019 posts) - - Show Bio

the big H fTW!! :)

#15 Posted by alexandrinus (439 posts) - - Show Bio

Major Force would win. He usually attacks his enemies with his fulll power from the beginning. Hulk could prove a match if the figth gets prolonged but that's not likely to happen. Major Force would attack on his full powers and wouldn't give Hulk the chance tp power up. He also can use dark quantum energy to drain Hulk's gama radiation. He did it with superman, he can do it with someone else.

#16 Posted by the creator (8570 posts) - - Show Bio

Static, there is significant difference in strength when the battle begins. Major Force begins vastly stronger as he is certainly close to a top tier DC powerhouse (in terms of strength). Yes the hulks strength will grow at a fast pace and can eventually exceed that of Major Force but for a significant period the hulk will be at a disadvantage. We have seen in the past that the hulk has been beaten by an opponent who was much stronger, so he could ko the hulk before his anger had any impact on the battle. The opponent that did this was the Abomination (prior to his being drained and weakened) who at the time was described as being twice as strong as the hulk.

#17 Posted by ReVamp (23014 posts) - - Show Bio

Win via Speed Blitz. IIRC correctly he's extremely fast right?

#18 Posted by progenitorigin (7564 posts) - - Show Bio
@alexandrinus said:

Major Force would win. He usually attacks his enemies with his fulll power from the beginning. Hulk could prove a match if the figth gets prolonged but that's not likely to happen. Major Force would attack on his full powers and wouldn't give Hulk the chance tp power up. He also can use dark quantum energy to drain Hulk's gama radiation. He did it with superman, he can do it with someone else.

Agreed.
Avatar image for they_killed_cap_
#19 Posted by They Killed Cap! (2268 posts) - - Show Bio

Major Force

#20 Posted by King Saturn (223172 posts) - - Show Bio
Major Force may actually win this fight against The Hulk.
#21 Posted by spiderbuck1 (2768 posts) - - Show Bio

@Static Shock said:

@CitizenBane said:
And Major Force can drain the gamma radiation from Hulk's cells.
No, he can't. He's never been able to absorb energy. If he did, he wouldn't have allowed Superman to melt him down with heat vision.

Hulk via durability

#22 Posted by Manchine (6329 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk wins this in most cases.

#23 Posted by TifaLockhart (21449 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk is not inferior to DC top-tiers if he's at normal operating anger. A calm Hulk would be, but Hulk is never calm.

Major Force has two options: stay at range and blast blast blast or take him down hard and more importantly fast. I get the feeling Zmeck's going to be overconfident and think he can beat Hulk at his own game.

#24 Posted by Static Shock (53047 posts) - - Show Bio
@spiderbuck said:

Hulk via durability

Huh?
#25 Posted by Static Shock (53047 posts) - - Show Bio
@progenitor said:
Agreed.
Even though one-fourth of his post is incorrect?

@alexandrinus said:

He also can use dark quantum energy to drain Hulk's gama radiation. He did it with superman, he can do it with someone else.

That dark quantum energy was only used against solar radiation. There's not enough evidence to prove that it could work against Gamma radiation also, unless you think Gamma radiation and solar radiation are the same. 

@ReVamp said:

Win via Speed Blitz. IIRC correctly he's extremely fast right?

Major Force just recently learned to fly. There's really no telling what his top flight speed is. 

@the creator said:
Static, there is significant difference in strength when the battle begins. Major Force begins vastly stronger as he is certainly close to a top tier DC powerhouse (in terms of strength). Yes the hulks strength will grow at a fast pace and can eventually exceed that of Major Force but for a significant period the hulk will be at a disadvantage. We have seen in the past that the hulk has been beaten by an opponent who was much stronger, so he could ko the hulk before his anger had any impact on the battle. The opponent that did this was the Abomination (prior to his being drained and weakened) who at the time was described as being twice as strong as the hulk.
Going by Hulk, currently, it's difficult to say if Hulk would actually be that much weaker than Major Force at the beginning of the fight. His older showings do having him getting put down before his strength begins to grow. But, what about his more recent showings, especially against people like Skaar and Zeus (especially him)? Although he was defeated by Zeus before gaining the upper limits of his power, he still endured a hell of a lot of punishment from someone vastly stronger than him for a while. Major Force, although he tends to go for the kill, he still toys with them. I mean, a weakened Guy Gardner (whose Vuldarian powers were going haywire) endured a lot of punishment from Major Force before he actually killed him, and I'm pretty sure Guy, at the time, wasn't as durable as Hulk (calm state).  

I did say that Major Force could win if he takes him out quickly, but I don't think it would be that easy for him. 
#26 Posted by PikminMania (4772 posts) - - Show Bio
@Static Shock: Still  Ithink Major Force will win this fight. Major Force has proven that he can defeat people like Kyle Rayner, or put up a fight with Superman.

DC Top Tier >> Marvel Top Tier
#27 Posted by Static Shock (53047 posts) - - Show Bio
@PikminMania said:
@Static Shock: Still  Ithink Major Force will win this fight. Major Force has proven that he can defeat people like Kyle Rayner
I've read every single fight he's had with Kyle, and to be honest, this statement is incorrect. Major Force has never been able to beat Kyle, especially when Kyle was a rookie GL. Ever. 

Hell, Major Force was giving Hal Jordan issues in battle until Captain Atom (as Monarch) came to his rescue.  

Superman was a measuring stick for Major Force. It shows where his strength lies. At the same time, Major Force has been defeated by weaker powerhouses than that. Being in Superman's class doesn't mean you can beat the Hulk. 
#28 Posted by PikminMania (4772 posts) - - Show Bio
@Static Shock said:
@PikminMania said:
@Static Shock: Still  Ithink Major Force will win this fight. Major Force has proven that he can defeat people like Kyle Rayner
I've read every single fight he's had with Kyle, and to be honest, this statement is incorrect. Major Force has never been able to beat Kyle, especially when Kyle was a rookie GL. Ever.  Hell, Major Force was giving Hal Jordan issues in battle until Captain Atom (as Monarch) came to his rescue.   Superman was a measuring stick for Major Force. It shows where his strength lies. At the same time, Major Force has been defeated by weaker powerhouses than that. Being in Superman's class doesn't mean you can beat the Hulk. 
That should be a clear indication on why Major would win. Also I think Major's speed and flight would give him an advantage.
#29 Posted by TifaLockhart (21449 posts) - - Show Bio

Does the story Bibbo told in Showcase count? Probably not, but it was funny.

#30 Posted by Static Shock (53047 posts) - - Show Bio
@PikminMania said:
That should be a clear indication on why Major would win. 
Sadly, it's not.  Fatality (before she acquired any kind of power ring) has given Kyle issues in battle, and she's nowhere near as powerful as Major Force is. Doesn't mean that she can take on the Hulk. 

@PikminMania said:
Also I think Major's speed and flight would give him an advantage.
Speed? How fast does he fly? 

Flight? Sentry and Gladiator can fly, too and look at what the Hulk did to them. Major Force is not an intelligent fighter, thus, he's not going to fight smart or try to use his powers to his advantage. 
#31 Posted by Static Shock (53047 posts) - - Show Bio
@The_Last_Son_of_Czarnia said:

Does the story Bibbo told in Showcase count? Probably not, but it was funny.

LMFAO! I read that. I don't even think it's canon, though. 
#32 Posted by PikminMania (4772 posts) - - Show Bio
@Static Shock: I'll take your word on it. Just be lucky that I don't know a whole lot about Major Force >_> Homer Simpson or Sonic the Hedgehog on the other hand......
#33 Posted by Static Shock (53047 posts) - - Show Bio
@PikminMania: LOL. Aight. 
#34 Posted by alexandrinus (439 posts) - - Show Bio
@Static Shock
You should know that both those victories of the Hulk (Sentry and Gladiator) were nothing more than plot devices. Hulk dind't win against Sentry. Bruce won against Robert. And Hulk vs Gladiator was just a "revenge" for his loss against Superman earlier when readers decided te outcome of the matches Marvel vs DC.

Why is my statemant incorrect? You have your opinion about the way the figth could go and even though I don't agree with it, I didn't say it was incorrect.  
The way you're describing the figth is like the Thor and Hulk figths. We know Thor would win any figth if he used all his powers and he simply doesn't for the sake of the story and poularity. They make Thor figth the Hulk like a jobber.  
In the Vine we are not bound by "plot device" or "sake of the story" laws. Even though I don't think Major Force is as powerful as Thor he does have enough to hurt and take down the Hulk. And if he uses all his power he will knock the Hulk. He has all advantges he needs. Fligth, strength (at the begenning of the figth, Hulk would eventually surpass him) and powerfull ranged attacks. 
I admit you migth be rigth about the energy draining.  Gama and solar radiation are not the same thing and there's nothing that proves he can drain other types of energy besides solar. 
Avatar image for venomoushatred1001
#35 Edited by venomoushatred1001 (12469 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk.

#36 Posted by Boobster (1627 posts) - - Show Bio

@the creator said:

Abomination beat Hulk only at his very early appearances, Hulk beat Abomination even when the latter was augmented in power by Galaxy Master.

#37 Posted by comicdude23 (11901 posts) - - Show Bio
@Static Shock: Hulk didn't take a-lot of punishment from Zeus. He got owned very quickly.
#38 Posted by TifaLockhart (21449 posts) - - Show Bio

He did much better than most would.

#39 Posted by ReVamp (23014 posts) - - Show Bio

@Static Shock:I stand corrected.

#40 Edited by Static Shock (53047 posts) - - Show Bio
@comicdude23 said:

@Static Shock: Hulk didn't take a-lot of punishment from Zeus. He got owned very quickly.

Lasted quite a few pages. Hulk didn't going down easily, nor did he go down without a fight.

@alexandrinus
said:

@Static Shock
You should know that both those victories of the Hulk (Sentry and Gladiator) were nothing more than plot devices. Hulk dind't win against Sentry. Bruce won against Robert.

Whoever said that Hulk won against Sentry, anyway? What I said was that Sentry can fly, and look what happened to him. Hulk was still able to fight him. Even when Sentry tried to blitz him, Hulk still tagged him. Flight means absolutely nothing. Saying that it's a plot device is a bad excuse, and even then, Major Force hasn't displayed any credible speed feats with his flight, anyway.  

@alexandrinus said:

And Hulk vs Gladiator was just a "revenge" for his loss against Superman earlier when readers decided te outcome of the matches Marvel vs DC. \

Marvel vs. DC wasn't even canon, so his fight with Gladiator had nothing to do with losing to Superman. 

@alexandrinus said:

Why is my statemant incorrect? You have your opinion about the way the figth could go and even though I don't agree with it, I didn't say it was incorrect.

Because is it (one-fourth of it, actually). An opinion of the fight itself is completely different from what you said. If it's your opinion that Major Force wins, fine. I'm not disputing that and I never was.

Perhaps you should read your statement, and then mine, again? 

@alexandrinus

said: 

He also can use dark quantum energy to drain Hulk's gama radiation. He did it with superman, he can do it with someone else.

@Static Shock said:

That dark quantum energy was only used against solar radiation. There's not enough evidence to prove that it could work against Gamma radiation also, unless you think Gamma radiation and solar radiation are the same

For clarification...

It doesn't say 'Gamma radiation,' and there's no reason to think that it would work against it because it hasn't been shown. It's clearly an attack tailored for Superman, since he's only used it once against this kind of opponent. Now, you be the judge.
 It doesn't say 'Gamma radiation,' and there's no reason to think that it would work against it because it hasn't been shown. It's clearly an attack tailored for Superman, since he's only used it once against this kind of opponent. Now, you be the judge.
@alexandrinus said:

In the Vine we are not bound by "plot device" or "sake of the story" laws. 

I'm well aware of what's done here at the Vine, but this isn't an issue of plot devices. Sentry and Gladiator was clearly fighting in-character against the Hulk (neither one of them use speed blitzes that often, anyway), which is how most battles are normal debated unless specified otherwise. The OP states 'morals apply,' so Major Force isn't going to do anything he doesn't normally do under normal conditions.

I'm willing to bet that if Major Force tried to blitz the Hulk like Sentry did, he would get tagged, just like Sentry did. Major Force hasn't even shown to be as fast as Sentry, to begin with.
#41 Posted by TifaLockhart (21449 posts) - - Show Bio

@IAMHERE: I apologize in advance for splitting hairs, but it was 2x the size of Earth. Still, it's impressive.

#42 Posted by comicdude23 (11901 posts) - - Show Bio
@IAMHERE said:
@comicdude23
Hulk can only die if you throw him into the sun. 

HULK 
 1. got hit with an astroid 3x the size of earth and regenrated.  2. got hit with the worlds most powerful atomic bomb and regenerated in seconds.  3. can leave cracks in the earth with ease by stomping gently on the ground.  only way to kill hulk is to throw him into the sun.
What? 

Where was this stated or shown? 

Getting hit into an Asteroid is good but the thing is, characters can show durability feats but THEN get hurt in battle. He can get hurt in battle. And it the Asteroid was 2X THE SIZE OF THE EARTH. 

Also, HE DOESN'T HAVE TO KILL HIM. 

He can KO him.
#43 Posted by Outside_85 (23518 posts) - - Show Bio

Will say Hulk as MF got his hands chopped off by Katana.

#44 Posted by Static Shock (53047 posts) - - Show Bio
@Outside_85 said:
This again? 

That was clearly PIS, and I have a feeling I told you this once before. There's no reason for someone who is nearly indestructible to get dismembered by a samurai girl with no powers and sword that steals the souls of whoever she kills when he can also take punches from Superman and the like. If you think Hulk wins, let it be based on something legitimate.
#45 Posted by spiderbuck1 (2768 posts) - - Show Bio

@Static Shock said:

@Outside_85 said:
This again? That was clearly PIS, and I have a feeling I told you this once before. There's no reason for someone who is nearly indestructible to get dismembered by a samurai girl with no powers and sword that steals the souls of whoever she kills when he can also take punches from Superman and the like. If you think Hulk wins, let it be based on something legitimate.

As you stated, Hulk nigh indestructible. The idea that MF can be melted by heat vision leads me to believe that Hulk will eventually lay some planet busting damage that MF won't be able to withstand.

@Static Shock said:

@spiderbuck said:

Hulk via durability

Huh?
#46 Posted by Static Shock (53047 posts) - - Show Bio
@spiderbuck said:

As you stated, Hulk nigh indestructible. The idea that MF can be melted by heat vision leads me to believe that Hulk will eventually lay some planet busting damage that MF won't be able to withstand.

Heat vision =/= physical force.  

This isn't to say that he couldn't breach Major Force, but using the example I gave for Superman doesn't support it. 
#47 Posted by Outside_85 (23518 posts) - - Show Bio
@Static Shock: Obviously he's not as indestructible as you might think/wish he was. 
#48 Posted by deathlife (496 posts) - - Show Bio

@Static Shock said:

As for the fight itself, Major Force has an advantage in ranged attacks, and can essentially blast away at the Hulk relentlessly. Problem is, Major Force has a tendency to take it to a physical confrontation, which would put him in a lot of danger with the Hulk (who is very dangerous at close-range). I'm sure Major Force can take Hulk's best punches for a while, and he's definitely strong enough to fight the Hulk. Force field would offer some defense. If he's going to win, he has to take out the Hulk quickly, which isn't very likely, considering his durability and the fact that his strength increases with his mood (rage). Since Major Force is more a puncher than a tactical, intelligent fighter, I'm going to give it to Hulk 7/10. Major Force would fare better if he was more in tune with his powers.

I actually agree with this.

#49 Edited by Static Shock (53047 posts) - - Show Bio
@Outside_85 said:

@Static Shock: Obviously he's not as indestructible as you might think/wish he was. 

Really? 

Well, you obviously find it difficult to distinguish a PIS showing from a legitimate one. Katana dismembering Major Force is PIS and her sword has no special properties. His skin is Dilustel metal, a nearly-indestructible alien metal. Period. Bombshell is covered in the same metal, and Ravager failed to cut her skin with her promethium blades. Captain Atom is covered in the same metal, and Warblade, whose bladed fingers were infinitely sharp, was unable to cut through his skin.

Again, make a case based on something legitimate. 
#50 Posted by Outside_85 (23518 posts) - - Show Bio
@Static Shock: If that was true, then you should go edit both MF's and Katana's wiki pages of this very site as both mention that MF is not the equal of Captain because he is on the whole less intelligent than Adams. And over on Katana's page it bears specific mention that the Soultaker is noted to be able to extraordinarily sharp, capable of cutting open material a regular sword cant, it's even mentioned in the forums that she usually uses it to cut guns in half. So no, its not PIS that MF got the chops.