#251 Posted by TheKinfing (11700 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk stomps.

#252 Posted by Noone1996 (11515 posts) - - Show Bio

Iron Man's only chance is BFR.

#253 Posted by KrleAvenger (26270 posts) - - Show Bio

LOL at people saying Hulk stomps. He wins no question but stomp? LOL.

#254 Posted by kgb725 (18409 posts) - - Show Bio

@krleavenger: How does he not stomp? Tony prepped an entire city to fight the Hulk and still admitted he wouldn't be able to defeat him

#255 Posted by KrleAvenger (26270 posts) - - Show Bio

@kgb725: Even tho that Armor is weaker than his other Armors? That that mini series was full of stupid Hulkbusters and than Tony had millions of ways to beat the Hulk with prep but those stires are writen by writers who never picked up an Iron-man comic? That Hulk never, and I mean never stomped Iron-man in his stronger suits.

Thor never stomped him. Magneto lost. Sentry did not stomp him. Hulk stomped him only in his weaker Armors. Than Wonder Man never actually defeated him....

I never denied the fact that Hulk > Iron-man but it's so funny how you people try to prove things with shitty stories with Hulkbusters full of CIS.

Tell me, when did power house stomped Iron-man in his stronger Armors? Tell me! I'll wait.

#256 Edited by Noone1996 (11515 posts) - - Show Bio

@krleavenger: The funny thing about Original Sin was the fact that Iron Man was literally using his car armor against the Hulk xDD. Then, later on in their second fight, he just adds more layers to the damaged car armor lol.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c6c6de088804
#257 Posted by deactivated-5c6c6de088804 (3539 posts) - - Show Bio
#258 Edited by KrleAvenger (26270 posts) - - Show Bio

@noone1996: Hmm pathetic. A guy suffers from CIS like Loki (although nowhere near as Loki). I mean Iron-man was consistently fighting Hulk level characters and Hulk himself and he was never stomped without different context or inconsistency.

I actually think in all fights Hulk and Iron-man had, Iron-man was stomped only two times but one time it was in weaker Armor, the other was in that weak Hulkbuster which is city level which is ridicolous since Iron-man consistently operates on larger scale than city level, proving even more how that comic is full of CIS.

So in truth Hulk never stomped Iron-man and he will not in this fight either. Iron-man is not some weakling to get stomped by the Hulk. He will get beaten after a good fight.

#259 Edited by Noone1996 (11515 posts) - - Show Bio

@krleavenger: Yeah, I never liked the idea of the Hulk-Buster armor. It was just an excuse for writers to get a flashy and grand boxing match on panel to hype up the fans and create more sales despite the CIS behind Tony building one (or at least continuously building them). Just look at what they are doing with Black Panther. Are they really going to have T'Challa build a Hulk-Buster now too to take on Cho? Lmao. Anyway, even without the bulkier and thicker layered Hulk-Buster suits, Iron Man has ALWAYS been able to compete with and hold his own against Hulk in his standard armors. Hell, most of those instances are of Tony in his classic armors... It's funny when people still reference the Hulk-Buster win/loss ratio despite all of that. You also bring up a good point about his Hulk-Buster armors power levels. These things are supposed to be IMPROVEMENTS to his standard armors, yet they are shown operating at, like you said, around city or city block level. Which is significantly lower than even his weaker standard armors. It's like the writers think that his standard armors are at street level and that a Hulk-Buster armor would upgrade him like one tier above that to mid-tier or something lol.

#260 Posted by KrleAvenger (26270 posts) - - Show Bio

@noone1996: Indeed. They gave T'Challa a Hulk Buster? LOL a guy has the potential to be better prep fighter than Iron-man becaseu of all Vibranium he has yet they gave him Hulk Buster? LOL. And as you said, what is also funny is that his standard Armors are giving Hulk, not better but FAR BETTER FIGHT THAN HULK-BUSTERS.

#261 Edited by GhostRavage (14944 posts) - - Show Bio

@krleavenger: Wanna CaV this one out? Just prove Hulk doesn't completely shrugs off everything Iron Man throws at him while at the same time proving he can tank his attacks. Essentially, i'll concede defeat if you manage to prove this fight isn't a stomp oon Hulk's favor.

#262 Edited by Noone1996 (11515 posts) - - Show Bio

@krleavenger: Lmao it looks like that's what he's going to bring for prep when going up against Cho in Totally Awesome Hulk #9. That just proves that the writers just want flashy and grand punching matches instead of smart and well-thought out prep.

#263 Posted by KrleAvenger (26270 posts) - - Show Bio

@ghostravage: I'm too busy to do CaV with you as I'll be doing two CaVs (Sentry vs Silver Surfer and Franklin Richards vs Odin) after I finish Hulk vs Thor CaV with Brony.

#264 Posted by KrleAvenger (26270 posts) - - Show Bio

@noone1996: What else did you expect from Pak? Man I miss Peter David.

#265 Posted by Noone1996 (11515 posts) - - Show Bio
#266 Posted by kgb725 (18409 posts) - - Show Bio

@krleavenger: When Tony ever fight him in his stronger suits ?

#267 Posted by KrleAvenger (26270 posts) - - Show Bio

@kgb725: Stark never fought him in Extremis, Bleeding edge nor Endo Sym and even if his weaker Armors he never stomped him, ever. Extremis makes him low grade High Tier and Endo Sym are Bleeding Edge are making him a full on High Tier. I don't know why are you asking me when did they fought in his stronger Armors because not only that those armors have more than enough feats to prove how he would not get close to being stomped by the Hulk, but Hulk never stomped him in his weaker armors unless you are talking about Heroes Retunr, the least advanced Armor to date and in that Hulkbuster you mention which I debunked here:

The Hulkbuster you are talking about to try to lowball Stark is stupud. That whole story was full of CIS. Everyone is saying how he made it city level. What a joke. Iron-man himself is so beyond city level in power that it isn't even funny. Hulkbusters should make him even more powerful but Hulkbuster you used to try to lowball him is actually weaker than below average Iron-man Armor.

#268 Posted by Adriusus (3230 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk stomps.

He doesn't. He will win 10/10 against Tony, It will be a good fight but Iron Man will get eventually taken down. Tony can harm him but it is still not enough and Hulk will bypass him eventually.

#269 Edited by whoisthebest (2249 posts) - - Show Bio
@thekinfing said:

Hulk stomps.

This. Iron man has had years upon years of prep to battle the Hulk but has never been able to match or defeat him regardless of the tech/plot devices used.

People don't understand that Marvel actually intended for Hulk to be the more powerful and durable one. PIS/WIS/CIS isn't relevant, the fact that Marvel has Hulk one or two shot pretty much every Hulkbuster suit means they have designed Hulk to be the more powerful one..which is why even when Iron man uses SPIN tech or buster suits or endo sym he loses.. because Marvel created Hulk to be the winner. Simple as that.

#270 Edited by Adriusus (3230 posts) - - Show Bio

Buster armors (with the exception of Phoenix-buster, Endo-sym Hulkbuster and Thorbuster), are weaker than his standard armors based on feats. Iron Man has prep that can create adamantium sentinels, Phoenix-buster or etc. In a random encounter, Hulk wins.

#271 Edited by whoisthebest (2249 posts) - - Show Bio

The Adamantium Sentinels can tank some hits from Hulk unless he does what Wonder man did to the pure Adamantium Ultron " Wonder Man was once able to destroy an Ultron by throwing it so hard its internal systems were damaged"

Buster armors are much stronger and far, far more durable than regular Iron man suits, that is the entire REASON he creates them.

Thorbuster armor was specifically meant for Thor, it's benefit was only that it absorbed the magic attacks from Thor's attacks, a purely physical Hulk would take apart the suit easily, as Hulk does not use magic! Thorbuster armor was all a feat for the Asgardian crystal powering the suit, there was nothing significant about the armor itself.

Stark also spent years upon years designing SPIN tech and his Hulkbuster suits, and the Hulk easily took all those things apart.

At this point, based on feats and canon, Iron man would require over 10 years of prep to be able to match the standard Hulk. Even that is speculation, since he has already spent years prepping his suits but they are unable to last more than 1 or two shots.

If buster armors are weaker than Iron man's regular suits, that would mean Iron man's prep is meaningless, so that argument only further reinforces the fact that Iron man loses whether there is prep or no prep.

Also, I don't see the point in insulting Iron man's intelligence. Sure he loses to Hulk but claiming that all the time, resources, effort, and prep he puts into these suits actually makes them WEAKER than regular Iron man suits is lowballing Iron man pretty badly. We know his prep is actually very effective, he's one of the top prep masters on Marvel Earth, top 5 at least. His prep is definitely very notable. He needs the buster suits because standard Iron man armor would get stomped in a few seconds.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c96cd4b0edfe
#272 Posted by deactivated-5c96cd4b0edfe (80 posts) - - Show Bio

Iron man shoots the hulk into space. With prep he’s beaten the hulk multiple times.

#273 Posted by kgb725 (18409 posts) - - Show Bio

Iron man shoots the hulk into space. With prep he’s beaten the hulk multiple times.

Iron man used an entire city to prep against the Hulk and got one shotted. Tony hasnt beaten the Hulk in a very long time

#274 Posted by deactivated-5c96cd4b0edfe (80 posts) - - Show Bio

@kgb725: yeah. hulkbusters and stuff are PIS he could just use the Adamantium sentinels. Honestly the Hulk or Thor should never beat a prepped stark. Stark is such a jobber in the comics.

#275 Posted by kgb725 (18409 posts) - - Show Bio

@fat_tony_stark: Tony said he didnt even know how he did it. Stark has 0 ways to actually beat them

#276 Posted by deactivated-5c96cd4b0edfe (80 posts) - - Show Bio

@kgb725: He didn’t have any intellectual enhancement when he built them. He did it 48 hour if I remember correctly. If he built them in that short of time he could figure easily how to do it again.

Honestly, noone below skyfather level should be able to beat a prepped stark. Arguably with enough prep he could go even further than that, since he split the pheonix force with a few days.

Unfortunately, Stark can’t win against Hulk or Thor on a regular basis because those fan bases would get pissy. So, Tony is left to be the biggest jobber in all of comics.

#277 Edited by kgb725 (18409 posts) - - Show Bio

@fat_tony_stark: I didnt say he was enhanced I said he doesnt remember and even then that's not something he uses in his arsenal. Tony has no Adamntium armors and would never pilot something that big

That's not impressive considering Tony shot it not even knowing what it could do. Thor knocked out the Phoenix in that same story

Tony is weak theres a reason why Pym Reed and Doom are head and shoulders above him.

#278 Posted by Noone1996 (11515 posts) - - Show Bio

@kgb725: Everything you said in post 277 is incorrect.

#279 Edited by algorhythm511 (2572 posts) - - Show Bio

Unless I am missing something, there is NO prep in this battle. In that case, unless Stark BFR's the Hulk into space I don't see him winning.

@kgb725 said:

@fat_tony_stark: I didnt say he was enhanced I said he doesnt remember and even then that's not something he uses in his arsenal. Tony has no Adamntium armors and would never pilot something that big

The Adamantium Sentinels were not piloted by anyone. They were androids like regular Sentinels.

I think the point is they were created without any outside help in a relatively short period of time. Even if he doesn't remember how he did, I think it's pretty reasonable to say he could do it again.

That's not impressive considering Tony shot it not even knowing what it could do. Thor knocked out the Phoenix in that same story

Well to be fair, he was hoping it would disrupt and dissipate the Phoenix. However, dividing a cosmic entity into 5 pieces is something very impressive, IMHO.

Thor didn't knock out the Phoenix, he staggered it, which is impressive in it's own right, btw.

Tony is weak theres a reason why Pym Reed and Doom are head and shoulders above him.

Well..I do differ my self. But to each his own, that is what I say.

@noone1996: Hi :)

#280 Posted by kgb725 (18409 posts) - - Show Bio
#281 Edited by Noone1996 (11515 posts) - - Show Bio

@kgb725 said:

I didnt say he was enhanced I said he doesnt remember and even then that's not something he uses in his arsenal.

Just because he doesn't remember making them doesn't mean he cannot make them again. He even alluded to it during that very same AXIS arc:

No Caption Provided

Hell, even in Cable #3 it shows that a future version of Tony Stark implemented Stark tech into Sentinel armory:

No Caption Provided

So not only does he believe that he's capable of doing so, but even in character it seems like he's created Sentinels while not under the influence of mind-control. I really truly fail to see why he couldn't build these again. It's not like Red Skull told him how to build the Sentinels and Stark cannot remember the instructions he gave. All he did was telepathically and subtly push him in a direction where he'd come up with and build the machines. Red Skull even says "it took little telepathic influence to build your machines for me -- so eager to display your brilliance." That implies that he came up with them on his own. The whole idea was his own. Then he had his memory wiped so he wouldn't recall how to stop them, but he figured out how they worked extremely quick and would have no issues replicating his own past creation.

Tony has no Adamntium armors and would never pilot something that big

The very fact that he built Sentinel armory made from adamantium disproves this claim. Red Skull did not tell Stark to build Sentinels and make them out of adamantium. Stark came up with that idea on his own. Do you want me to show you scans of him having access to and using adamantium as well? Because he has:

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2

Also, recently in a fight against Celestials, he actually did pilot something that big:

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3

Well he used particle accelerators which simulated the big bang and cracked the secrets to universal expansion, so I'd say that's pretty impressive.

No Caption Provided

An attack like that really isn't something to laugh at. Especially when the best Thor could do was clip the Phoenix's wing AFTER a lot of energy had been drained from Hank McCoy's Phoenix Cage device:

So this device was designed to drain and contain the being inside of his cage. After they attempt to do so and fail, then Thor fights it.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

So it's not that easy to hurt the Phoenix Force and even if it was, simply clipping its wing with his best throw doesn't really compare to what Tony did... That's not even taking into consideration the fact that it was partially drained by the device.

Reed has admitted that the intellectual difference between the two of them was fractional... He's claimed that he was the world's best builder, multi-tasker, and engineer. Doom CONSTANTLY steals and rips off ideas/technology from Stark, has admitted that Tony's a very smart man, and that he's the best there is at what he does. He even said he was "happy to admit it". Meanwhile, Pym has already admitted that Tony was smarter than him and in a conversation with Eternity he actually believed that there were others better suited to be the Scientist Supreme and says, "Why not Stark? Or Richards?" Janet Van Dyne even confirmed that she ordered several Stark tech components for Pym to be used in his experiments or creations and claimed that Pym was like a kid in a candy store while in Tony's lab. There was also that one time when Pym worked tirelessly to to restore his growth powers and Stark was able to solve the problem for him easily. I admit Doom and Reed are smarter than Stark, but I don't think they are "head and shoulders" above him and Pym definitely isn't.

#282 Posted by Noone1996 (11515 posts) - - Show Bio
#283 Posted by King-Ragnar (3761 posts) - - Show Bio

Theres no need to bump a mismatch

Avatar image for blackspidey2099
#284 Posted by blackspidey2099 (6525 posts) - - Show Bio

I mean, I'm far from a Hulk fan but even I don't see how this isn't a stomp in Banner's favor.

#285 Posted by Voidwatcher (43 posts) - - Show Bio

It depends on how far stark is willing to go, he did kill immortal hulk in night something no one else has done. A hulk that may be one of the strongest hulks ever. Even in the original sins comics there is context involved with Tony's defeat. He had brought hulk to his knees but stopped as hulk tricked him and understand that hulk was smart with banner's brain. And the wwh had stomped everyone

#286 Posted by kgb725 (18409 posts) - - Show Bio

@noone1996: Like I said before yall are bringing up a bunch of stuff he doesnt normally use. He would never use sentinels to attack his friends nor would he employ a giant Kaiju sized suit to fight someone that is not even that big.

I'm talking about him adding adamantium to the armor

Thor hit Gorr mikaboshi and even Galactus harder than how he hit The PF. If thor was cutting loose he wouldve done some damage

Are we looking at statements or feats ? All the top guys in marvel are excellent in their specialty. Banner has astounded Stark , Reed has been impressed with Peter , etc. Ect.

#287 Edited by kgb725 (18409 posts) - - Show Bio

@algorhythm511: Yes the giant sentinels were fighting alongside Red Skull but bringing in robots to fight for him is not his style.

#288 Posted by jashro44 (52113 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think BFR is a viable option. Hulk can just jump back to the fight if he needs/wants to.

#289 Posted by Supermanthor (16590 posts) - - Show Bio

hulk

#290 Edited by Noone1996 (11515 posts) - - Show Bio

@kgb725: Well you said he doesn't remember making them which implied he couldn't do it again. You also said he's never built something that big before and used it. Also not true. Here's another example:

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4

Builds a starship sized satellite mech.

Recently he built a Fin Fang Foom buster (which I personally thought was stupid writing meant for a flashy fight)

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Hell, even in an actual prep battle against the Hulk (who Waid claimed was angrier than WWH), he weaponized the city and used GIANT armor against Hulk:

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4Gallery image 5
No Caption Provided

He builds and uses giant armors all the time.

I guess you could argue that he'd never build the Stark Sentinels from AXIS in character (even though he seemed to have no issue building Stark Sentinels in the future to fight against the X-Men while not under mind-control). But the idea that he can't is untrue. The idea that he never builds giant armors is not true. The idea that he has no adamantium that he uses in prep situations is not true.

Iron Man has SKIN tech metals administered into all of his armors which is already a secondary low grade adamantium, yet you think it's a stretch for him to add adamantium in a prep scenario?

No Caption Provided

Why wouldn't Thor be cutting loose when he hit the Phoenix Force? The idea that he was holding back against it is absurd and baseless.

Being astounded by or impressed is below admitting that they are not as good at things as Stark is. Especially in Pym's case where he straight up admitted twice that Stark was smarter than him. Anyway, I mentioned actual feats and not just statements for everyone of them except Reed, but if you want more than statements for him I'm happy to oblige. Stark put Reed in check on 6 chessboards at once while they played. He constantly defeats Reed in chess (a guy who easily bests Doom). The Punisher used Stark tech to successfully sneak into the Baxter Building and past their defenses undetected. Iron Man once showed Reed all of the information and juice that is usually pumped into his brain on a regular basis and not only was Reed impressed, but he had to expand and stretch his head/brain just to fit it all, etc. You act like Stark is a tier or many below them when he's far from it. I'd argue that he's the 3rd smartest on Marvel Earth.

If we're being logical, Stark could effortlessly beat Hulk. Mainly through BFR. Open up a portal, trick/push him in, close it. Done. If Marvel was writing it like that, it'd be anti-climactic, Hulk would just come back angrier, and there would be no flashy boxing match to increase sales. However, this is CV and we can throw all of those reasons out the window. Stark wins handily.