#51 Posted by mrtrickster (3056 posts) - - Show Bio
@pooty: 

whereas BM doesn't get stronger as he goes     

the fight is gonna take time and like you said hulk get stronger and stronger which would be an advantage 

And yes Sentry can knock BM down just as he did Hulk. But knocking down does not equate winning. 

1. I never said hulk wins in this thread
2. Sentry actually knocked blue marvel out, and sentry was actually going all out in the fight with hulk
#52 Posted by tensor (8576 posts) - - Show Bio

blue marvel one character i would like to see marvel bring back he is different ,an has so  much potential to be classic character

#53 Posted by MrJackAss (105 posts) - - Show Bio
@mrtrickster said:
" @MrJackAss said:
" @mrtrickster said:
" I'm not saying who wins here ,blue marvel has speed  advantage true, but i never seen blue marvel speed blitze anybody whether he fought with avengers or hyperion. it's likely blue marvel would brawl it out with hulk.

@pooty

said:

" @DocJude:@mrtrickster:   yes but it wasn't just Sentry vs BM it was BM vs EVERYBODY. BM knocked Sentry into orbit in a head to head battle. BM turned his attention to the other 5 Avengers and Sentry snuck him. Nevertheless, BM will not revert to a weaker form which Hulk has been seen to do.  Add that to his speed and energy attacks and it give BM an advantage. "

so? wwhulk fought dr strange iron man and crap load of people before sentry, doesn't matter since blue marvel vs sentry is the major, iron man, ares count really little for him. sentry snuck on him true but that still prove sentry is capable of knock him down. "
Blue Marvel was holding back in that fight. In the very same issue, he went all out(after his wife was killed) against Anti-man and beat him in just a few panels. The same Anti-man, who schooled the Avengers easily, including Sentry.  Mr.J "
anti-man punched sentry for one panel, just because sentry didn't have a chance to beat anti-man doesn't mean he can't. and i could say sentry was holding back fighting blue marvel too. "
You could say that, but you would be wrong. Since Sentry himself stated he was using all he had. 

Mr.J
#54 Posted by pooty (16236 posts) - - Show Bio
@mrtrickster:    the fight is gonna take time and like you said hulk get stronger and stronger which would be an advantage.

it will be an advantage until Hulk expends all his energy and reverts back to human. In fact the only way Hulk wins is if he does defeat him quickly. The only reason Hulk beat Sentry is because BOTH of them turned powerless. BM won't have that weakness
Avatar image for strongestonethereis
#55 Posted by StrongestOneThereIs (7064 posts) - - Show Bio
@pooty said:
" @mrtrickster:    the fight is gonna take time and like you said hulk get stronger and stronger which would be an advantage.  it will be an advantage until Hulk expends all his energy and reverts back to human. In fact the only way Hulk wins is if he does defeat him quickly. The only reason Hulk beat Sentry is because BOTH of them turned powerless. BM won't have that weakness "

Worldbreaker changes that issue 
Now he doesn't run out of power (or atleast no time soon as he did with Sentry) 
Hulk is different now and people are forgetting this  
If he isn't aken out quick his rage will change him into Worldbreaker  

Blue Marvel does have the power to do this quickly if he was fighting Savage Hulk 
But again, this new Hulk is more powerful
#56 Edited by DrTyrannical (1299 posts) - - Show Bio
@pooty said:

" @mrtrickster:    the fight is gonna take time and like you said hulk get stronger and stronger which would be an advantage.  it will be an advantage until Hulk expends all his energy and reverts back to human. In fact the only way Hulk wins is if he does defeat him quickly. The only reason Hulk beat Sentry is because BOTH of them turned powerless. BM won't have that weakness "

The only reason Sentry lasted in that fight is because Sentry's aura actually calms Hulk down. When Sentry turned powerless he lost his aura and Hulk hulked right back up.  

Current Hulk is Banner smart. 
Avatar image for czarny_samael666
#57 Edited by czarny_samael666 (17185 posts) - - Show Bio
@StrongestOneThereIs said:

" @pooty said:

Worldbreaker changes that issue Now he doesn't run out of power (or atleast no time soon as he did with Sentry) Hulk is different now and people are forgetting this  If he isn't aken out quick his rage will change him into Worldbreaker   Blue Marvel does have the power to do this quickly if he was fighting Savage Hulk But again, this new Hulk is more powerful "
No, he won't. He never did it in the battle. He did what pooty said. He change into Worldbreaker after he hear what Miek did. Not in the battle with Sentry.

@DrTyrannical said:
" @pooty said:

The only reason Sentry lasted in that fight is because Sentry's aura actually calms Hulk down. When Sentry turned powerless he lost his aura and Hulk hulked right back up.   Current Hulk is Banner smart.  "

Hulk didn't calm down. And Sentry could used his TP powers only before he understood that he and Void are now in the same body. Also, his TP powers have to hold Void who by himself is more powerfull telepath than Emma Frost.
#58 Posted by pooty (16236 posts) - - Show Bio
@StrongestOneThereIs:  The OP says WWH and i saw WWH run out of gas.  He went from WWH to Banner to WB Hulk. He didn't go WWH to WB Hulk. The part where he turns into Banner is what gets him killed.

@DrTyrannical: Your entire statement is off. Hulk and Sentry went all out. There is no evidence that hulk was being pacified during that battle. After Hulk turned into Banner he did not turn instantly into WB Hulk. He turned into WB Hulk after he found out he was betrayed.

@StrongestOneThereIs:@czarny_samael: and if you read up on what just an ounce of anti-matter does when it comes into contact with matter, you'll realize that no matter how strong Hulk is he can't deal with anti-matter blast for long.
#59 Edited by vance_astro (90095 posts) - - Show Bio
@czarny_samael said:

Hulk didn't calm down. And Sentry could used his TP powers only before he understood that he and Void are now in the same body. Also, his TP powers have to hold Void who by himself is more powerfull telepath than Emma Frost. "

Sentry doesn't have TP and if he does he's forgotten how to use that YEARS ago. 

@DrTyrannical said:

The only reason Sentry lasted in that fight is because Sentry's aura actually calms Hulk down. When Sentry turned powerless he lost his aura and Hulk hulked right back up.   Current Hulk is Banner smart.  "

You must be talking about the fight with Sentry and Savage Hulk because Sentry's aura did no calming down in the fight against Worldbreaker Hulk. 

@pooty said:

" @mrtrickster:  Yes Hulk did fight alot of people before Sentry. But the Hulk gets STRONGER as he goes. So the Hulk had time to build up anger and strength, whereas BM doesn't get stronger as he goes. And yes Sentry can knock BM down just as he did Hulk. But knocking down does not equate winning. But eventually the Hulk will expend all his energy and become Banner. Match over after that. "

Hulk does get stronger as he goes but Marvel purposely handicapped Sentry so that Hulk would win.That fire tornado that turned Hulk back into Banner is nowhere near how far his energy projection goes.Sentry only lost all of his energy because he hadn't absorbed any voluntarily.Hell in fact he could have just drained Hulk of his gamma radiation instead of wasting his own energy.
#60 Edited by DrTyrannical (1299 posts) - - Show Bio
@pooty said:

@DrTyrannical: Your entire statement is off. Hulk and Sentry went all out. There is no evidence that hulk was being pacified during that battle. After Hulk turned into Banner he did not turn instantly into WB Hulk. He turned into WB Hulk after he found out he was betrayed.

There is evidence of this. It's part of Sentry's powerset to calm Hulk down. Before Reed or Tony (I forget which one) went to Sentry to ask him for help, Reed tried Sentry-tech to calm Hulk down. It failed though as it wasn't strong enough. Then, when they went to Sentry for help they specifically said "You're the only one who can calm him down". 

There's no turning it off - Sentry's presence/aura calms the Hulk down. Hulk was just doing a really good job resisting it. This is the only reason the Sentry stood a chance.
#61 Posted by vance_astro (90095 posts) - - Show Bio
@DrTyrannical said:
" @pooty said:

There is evidence of this. It's part of Sentry's powerset to calm Hulk down. Before Reed or Tony (I forget which one) went to Sentry to ask him for help, Reed tried Sentry-tech to calm Hulk down. It failed though as it wasn't strong enough. Then, when they went to Sentry for help they specifically said "You're the only one who can calm him down".   There's no turning it off - Sentry's presence/aura calms the Hulk down. Hulk was just doing a really good job resisting it. This is the only reason the Sentry stood a chance. "
Sentry didn't calm Hulk at all in WWH #5.In fact all he did in his actual fight with Sentry is get madder. 
Sentry stood a chance because he can match Hulk in strength.
#62 Edited by DrTyrannical (1299 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro said:

" @DrTyrannical said:

" @pooty said:

There is evidence of this. It's part of Sentry's powerset to calm Hulk down. Before Reed or Tony (I forget which one) went to Sentry to ask him for help, Reed tried Sentry-tech to calm Hulk down. It failed though as it wasn't strong enough. Then, when they went to Sentry for help they specifically said "You're the only one who can calm him down".   There's no turning it off - Sentry's presence/aura calms the Hulk down. Hulk was just doing a really good job resisting it. This is the only reason the Sentry stood a chance. "
Sentry didn't calm Hulk at all in WWH #5.In fact all he did in his actual fight with Sentry is get madder. Sentry stood a chance because he can match Hulk in strength. "
What do you not understand about Sentry's aura calming Hulk down being part of his power set? Hulk was just too powerful and resisted most of the calming. Without this Hulk-Calming aura, Sentry would have been paste. This is a confirmed part of Sentry's power set and there's no question that the aura had everything to do with why Sentry stood a chance.
#63 Posted by vance_astro (90095 posts) - - Show Bio
@DrTyrannical said:
What do you not understand about Sentry's aura calming Hulk down being part of his power set? Hulk was just too powerful and resisted most of the calming. Without this Hulk-Calming aura, Sentry would have been paste. This is a confirmed part of Sentry's power set and there's no question that the aura had a minor effect. "
You're making up things that had nothing to do with the fight.I know what Sentry's aura was SUPPOSED to do to Hulk but it did nothing.Sentry handled Hulk because he's strong enough to do it and always was.
#64 Edited by DrTyrannical (1299 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro said:

" @DrTyrannical said:

What do you not understand about Sentry's aura calming Hulk down being part of his power set? Hulk was just too powerful and resisted most of the calming. Without this Hulk-Calming aura, Sentry would have been paste. This is a confirmed part of Sentry's power set and there's no question that the aura had everything to do with why Sentry stood a chance. 

You're making up things that had nothing to do with the fight.I know what Sentry's aura was SUPPOSED to do to Hulk but it did nothing.Sentry handled Hulk because he's strong enough to do it and always was. "
I'm making this up? Why must you lie in every single thread you post in? Why else did Reed and Stark ask Sentry to fight Hulk? Oh that's right! It was stated on panel while they were asking the Sentry for help. It's because Sentry's aura calms him down.
#65 Posted by vance_astro (90095 posts) - - Show Bio
@DrTyrannical said:
I'm making this up? Why must you lie in every single thread you post in? Why else did Reed and Stark ask Sentry to fight Hulk? Oh that's right! It was stated on panel while they were asking the Sentry for help. It's because Sentry's aura calms him down! "
You're making up what the aura did to World War Hulk.I know what Sentry's powers are I read every comic he's been in and read his handbook pages.Nowhere in that comic is it suggested his aura did anything to Hulk.So stop making up your own scenarios.We all read the book.
#66 Posted by pooty (16236 posts) - - Show Bio
@DrTyrannical:  Has this aura ever affected a thinking Hulk? Or has it only worked on a mindless/savage Hulk? People have resisted mind control and even magic. Yes Sentry "normally" has a calming ability. Did Hulk look calm to you during that fight? Hulk is known for his anger. His anger easily surpassed any influence Sentry usually has over him. Once again i have not seen Sentry affect an intelligent Hulk who thinks for himself. Sentry's power seems emotionally based. The characters nor writers expressed anything saying that Hulk was not going all out
#67 Posted by vance_astro (90095 posts) - - Show Bio

Also to answer you ridiculous question about why Reed and Tony asked Sentry to fight Hulk...He was the strongest being on earth at the time that he had access to..why else?

#68 Edited by DrTyrannical (1299 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro said:

" @DrTyrannical said:

I'm making this up? Why must you lie in every single thread you post in? Why else did Reed and Stark ask Sentry to fight Hulk? Oh that's right! It was stated on panel while they were asking the Sentry for help. It's because Sentry's aura calms him down! "
You're making up what the aura did to World War Hulk.I know what Sentry's powers are I read every comic he's been in and read his handbook pages.Nowhere in that comic is it suggested his aura did anything to Hulk.So stop making up your own scenarios.We all read the book. "
Reed and Stark specifially asked Sentry to help because of what his aura does. That is on panel and fact. This is the only reason Sentry stood a chance. Obviously you have not read the issue.
#69 Posted by sa5m (2381 posts) - - Show Bio

blue marvel I beleive

#70 Posted by PirateKing69 (4235 posts) - - Show Bio
@DrTyrannical: do you have a scan cause i read somewher about his calming aura
#71 Posted by vance_astro (90095 posts) - - Show Bio
@DrTyrannical said:
Reed and Stark specifially asked Sentry to help because of what his aura does. That is on panel and fact. This is the only reason Sentry stood a chance. Obviously you have not read the issue. "
That has NOTHING to do with what ACTUALLY happened.Obviously you didn't even look at the pictures let alone read it.
#72 Posted by Erik (32502 posts) - - Show Bio

Vance Astro when speaking on Sentry = law.

#73 Posted by DrTyrannical (1299 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro said:
" @DrTyrannical said:
Reed and Stark specifially asked Sentry to help because of what his aura does. That is on panel and fact. This is the only reason Sentry stood a chance. Obviously you have not read the issue. "
That has NOTHING to do with what ACTUALLY happened.Obviously you didn't even look at the pictures let alone read it. "
lmfao. It has everything to do with it. You think Stark and Reed asking Sentry to fight Hulk specifically because of what his aura does is irrelevant to the fight? You have no common sense and you confirm this every single day you debate. 
#74 Edited by vance_astro (90095 posts) - - Show Bio
@DrTyrannical said:

" @Vance Astro said:

" @DrTyrannical said:
That has NOTHING to do with what ACTUALLY happened.Obviously you didn't even look at the pictures let alone read it. "
lmfao. It has everything to do with it. You think Stark and Reed asking Sentry to fight Hulk specifically because of what his aura does is irrelevant to the fight? You have no common sense and you confirm this every single day you debate.  "
Reed and Stark also told Sentry he was the most powerful being in the universe as well but I guess you missed that part so you can pretend Sentry's aura had anything to do with it.What they thought the Aura would do and what it actually did is two different things.Why do you always have to make up your own stories in comics we all read?
#75 Edited by DrTyrannical (1299 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro said:

" @DrTyrannical said:

" @Vance Astro said:

" @DrTyrannical said:

lmfao. It has everything to do with it. You think Stark and Reed asking Sentry to fight Hulk specifically because of what his aura does is irrelevant to the fight? You have no common sense and you confirm this every single day you debate.  "
Reed and Stark also told Sentry he was the most powerful being in the universe as well but I guess you missed that part so you can pretend Sentry's aura had anything to do with it.What they thought the Aura would do and what it actually did is too different things.Why do you always have to make up your own stories in comics we all read? "
Excuse me? hahahaha. Ok Mr. "Thor used lightning to hurt Gladiator and then I show a scan where lightning is nowhere to be found" Astro. Check yourself. 

So now you believe Sentry is the most powerful being in the universe? lol. Right.

Without the aura I believe Sentry would have been paste. Your opinion is irrelevant.
#76 Posted by vance_astro (90095 posts) - - Show Bio
@DrTyrannical said:
Excuse me? hahahaha. Ok Mr. "Thor used lightning to hurt Gladiator and then I show a scan where lightning is nowhere to be found" Astro. "
I posted the scan.I thought it was lightning.In fact I still do.You can try to go off topic but the fact is Sentry didn't calm Hulk down at all.All he did was get madder in madder until Sentry cause him to revert and even then he wasn't really calm.You are the only one who thinks something other than that happened.
#77 Posted by vance_astro (90095 posts) - - Show Bio
@DrTyrannical said:
 Your opinion is irrelevant. "
That's the problem.I'm not stating my opinion.YOU ARE.I read the comics and I saw what happened.What you say happened didn't and there is no evidence of it in the book.
#78 Posted by Erik (32502 posts) - - Show Bio
@erik said:
" Vance Astro when speaking on Sentry = law. "
#79 Posted by pooty (16236 posts) - - Show Bio
@DrTyrannical:  Professor X, Martian Manhunter, Enchantress, Daken, Sentry all can manipulate minds or emotions. They have all being resisted and defeated. Hulk resisted and broke any influence Sentry has had on him. And again, that power has never been shown to work on an intelligent Hulk.
#80 Posted by DrTyrannical (1299 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro said:
" @DrTyrannical said:
 Your opinion is irrelevant. "
That's the problem.I'm not stating my opinion.YOU ARE.I read the comics and I saw what happened.What you say happened didn't and there is no evidence of it in the book. "
There is evidence.  Reed and Stark's statements > Yours. Reed and Stark's statement = evidence.
#81 Posted by vance_astro (90095 posts) - - Show Bio
@DrTyrannical said:
   So now you believe Sentry is the most powerful being in the universe? lol. Right.  
That's not what I said.That's what Reed and Stark said.Sentry was definitely the only person who could hold their own with Hulk long enough for Stark to take him out.He was in fact the most powerful being on earth at the time.
#82 Edited by vance_astro (90095 posts) - - Show Bio
@pooty said:

" @DrTyrannical:  Professor X, Martian Manhunter, Enchantress, Daken, Sentry all can manipulate minds or emotions. They have all being resisted and defeated. Hulk resisted and broke any influence Sentry has had on him. And again, that power has never been shown to work on an intelligent Hulk. "

Sentry's aura doesn't do any of that though.It just feels good on his skin which causes him to calm down. 

EDIT: According to the fight Sentry had with Hulk in his mini..Hulk's skin burns when he's Hulked out so Sentry's aura soothes the pain and makes the burning go away.
Avatar image for death_certificate
#83 Posted by Death Certificate (5720 posts) - - Show Bio
@DrTyrannical:
Search the thor and spider-man team up, I can't find the comic myself, but the same blast that was shown in vance's scan was also in that book, BTW Since when does lightning in fiction have to be in one color?
#84 Edited by DrTyrannical (1299 posts) - - Show Bio
@pooty said:

" @DrTyrannical:  Hulk resisted and broke any influence Sentry has had on him. And again, that power has never been shown to work on an intelligent Hulk. "

Exactly. Hulk was resisting it but that doesn't mean the aura was not in effect. The aura was there and if Hulk had nothing to resist, Sentry would have been paste.
#85 Posted by vance_astro (90095 posts) - - Show Bio
@DrTyrannical said:
If Hulk had nothing to resist, Sentry would have been paste. "
This is the false part...
#86 Posted by DrTyrannical (1299 posts) - - Show Bio
@Death Certificate said:

" @DrTyrannical: Search the thor and spider-man team up, I can't find the comic myself, but the same blast that was shown in vance's scan was also in that book, BTW Since when does lightning in fiction have to be in one color? "

The blast was not lightning. It was an energy blast from Mjolnir. Fact is He lied about it, made it up and then proved himself wrong. That's off topic though.
#87 Posted by pooty (16236 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro:  Maybe senty should have used some super lotion on Hulk. Maybe Sentry wouldn't have gotten his butt beat so bad. lol. sorry couldn't help it.  But my point is, is that even though a person has a special ability(like Sentry calming the Hulk) under certain conditions those powers won't work.
#88 Edited by DrTyrannical (1299 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro said:

" @DrTyrannical said:

This is the false part... "
You can not prove me wrong. At least I have evidence of the aura calming him down in previous encounters and Reed/Stark backing my statement. You have nothing.
#89 Posted by Erik (32502 posts) - - Show Bio
@DrTyrannical said:
" @Vance Astro said:

" @DrTyrannical said:

You can not prove me wrong. At least I have evidence of the aura calming him down in previous fights and Reed/Stark backing my statement. You have nothing. "
Except that the aura did nothing in the last fight. Even when Reed synthesized the aura, it did nothing.
Avatar image for death_certificate
#90 Posted by Death Certificate (5720 posts) - - Show Bio
@DrTyrannical:
But it definfly wasn't a God Blast.
#91 Posted by vance_astro (90095 posts) - - Show Bio
@DrTyrannical said:
The blast was not lightning. It was an energy blast from Mjolnir. Fact is He lied about it, made it up and then proved himself wrong. That's off topic though. "
Just because I didn't know what something was doesn't mean I lied about it.I would have never posted the scan if I thought it wasn't lightning.Terene's lightning on the next page looks exactly like that.But whatever...

@pooty said:
" @Vance Astro:  Maybe senty should have used some super lotion on Hulk. Maybe Sentry wouldn't have gotten his butt beat so bad. lol. sorry couldn't help it.  But my point is, is that even though a person has a special ability(like Sentry calming the Hulk) under certain conditions those powers won't work. "
The aura clearly did nothing to Hulk.
#92 Edited by DrTyrannical (1299 posts) - - Show Bio
@Death Certificate said:

" @DrTyrannical: But it definfly wasn't a God Blast. "

Obviously not.

@erik

said:

" @DrTyrannical said:

" @Vance Astro said:

" @DrTyrannical said:

You can not prove me wrong. At least I have evidence of the aura calming him down in previous fights and Reed/Stark backing my statement. You have nothing. "
Except that the aura did nothing in the last fight. Even when Reed synthesized the aura, it did nothing. "

Synthezied aura is not the same. And yes, it was working until the Hulk realized what Reed was doing and broke the machine. 

Clearly it had en effect. Here we see Hulk man, and when the synthesized Sentry aura appears, Hulk calms down. 

#93 Posted by miki (1235 posts) - - Show Bio

i think blue marvel!

#94 Posted by vance_astro (90095 posts) - - Show Bio
@DrTyrannical said:
You can not prove me wrong. At least I have evidence of the aura calming him down in previous encounters and Reed/Stark backing my statement. You have nothing. "
Nothing is backing your statement.We all saw the fight.Hulk only got angrier.Reed and Stark never stated that his aura calmed him in the comic.They were only mentioning it happening before so how the hell do you have a case?
#95 Posted by Erik (32502 posts) - - Show Bio
@DrTyrannical said:

Synthezied aura is not the same. And yes, it was working until the Hulk realized what Reed was doing and broke the machine. 

Clearly it had an effect here. "
Hulk was faking it so he could get close to Reed. Did you read the issue?
#96 Edited by DrTyrannical (1299 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro said:
" @DrTyrannical said:
You can not prove me wrong. At least I have evidence of the aura calming him down in previous encounters and Reed/Stark backing my statement. You have nothing. "
Nothing is backing your statement.We all saw the fight.Hulk only got angrier.Reed and Stark never stated that his aura calmed him in the comic.They were only mentioning it happening before so how the hell do you have a case? "

Reed never said that? HAHAHA. Again, you confirm your lack of knowledge. 

Here we see Hulk enraged.

Then we see Reed used the synthezed aura.

It was clearly working until Hulk realized it wasn't sentry and then he broke the machine

@erik

said:

" @DrTyrannical said:

Clearly it had an effect here. "

Hulk was faking it so he could get close to Reed. Did you read the issue? "

Of course I read the issue. He wasn't faking. Once he realized it was not Sentry he crushed the machine.
#97 Posted by Erik (32502 posts) - - Show Bio
@DrTyrannical: 
He knew it was not Sentry the entire time.
#98 Posted by vance_astro (90095 posts) - - Show Bio
#99 Posted by DrTyrannical (1299 posts) - - Show Bio
#100 Posted by Erik (32502 posts) - - Show Bio
@DrTyrannical: 
I have to be honest, it seems as though you are confused about what really happened in the issues that are being debated here. Either that or you did not read the actual issues and are claiming you did.