Hulk vs Black Manta and Ocean Master

• 188 results
Chimeroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

@lvenger: Which part is incorrect? The fact that he strained more and summoned lightning from the sky to take out the big guns(also worth noting that Arthur was the first one to recover from that one as well)? The fact that he casually summoned the electric charge from his trident to attack batman and aquaman? The fact that he was glad Arthur was alive? The fact that he NEVER vowed to kill him?

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

@chimeroid: The fact Orm was able to KO Superman and Wonder Woman yet later fail to KO Aquaman. The fact that Orm had no reason to hold back against Batman who he considered a greater enemy than Aquaman. And the fact that Orm openly said he was willing to kill Aquaman more than once. You haven't considered any of those facts at all which makes this argument kind of sloppy if I'm being honest.

Chimeroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153  Edited By Chimeroid

@lvenger: And yet, you keep ignoring the fact that he didn't use the same attack.

And no, he never once said he will kill Aquaman, you are just lying at this point.

If i'm being honest, i don't believe you have recently read the arc.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154  Edited By Lvenger

@chimeroid: I was really expecting better of you than for you to claim baselessly that I haven't read Thrones of Atlantis. That's not proper debating. I read it for a CAV I'm participating in and Orm says he'll kill Arthur more than once. As for not using the same attack more than once, that's PIS on Johns' part.

Chimeroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: Show me at least one time he said he will kill arthur. I am rereading it right now, over and over again, trying to find that sentence. And, you know how much harder it is to prove a negative, for me to prove that you are wrong i would have to post full five issues here, whereas you would only need to post a single scan of him saying he will kill Arthur. He did say he would have to destroy him, before he kicked his ass. But even after that, he went on talking about how he loves him.

As for not using the same attack more than once, that's PIS on Johns' part.

So, you are using the PIS argument? I would disagree, i simply believe that the attack of that magnitude strains him so he went for the smaller attacks instead.

I don't understand what is so polarizing about those feats. Thor has higher and lower end feats with lightning himself, yet we do not ignore his higher end feats just because he didnt murder everyone he ever zapped.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156  Edited By Lvenger

@chimeroid:

Show me at least one time he said he will kill arthur. I am rereading it right now, over and over again, trying to find that sentence

No Caption Provided

Circled out and highlighted clear as day from the issue itself. Twice.

And, you know how much harder it is to prove a negative, for me to prove that you are wrong i would have to post full five issues here, whereas you would only need to post a single scan of him saying he will kill Arthur.

Then it's a good thing I have two scans of Orm declaring Aquaman an enemy who he will kill in defence of Atlantis.

He did say he would have to destroy him, before he kicked his ass. But even after that, he went on talking about how he loves him.

And he ended that speech by saying Aquaman had betrayed Atlantis and he would be treated as an enemy thusly.

I don't understand what is so polarizing about those feats. Thor has higher and lower end feats with lightning himself, yet we do not ignore his higher end feats just because he didnt murder everyone he ever zapped.

Thor has dozens and dozens of lightning feats that can be used to derive a consistent measurement. Ocean Master has much less than that. Therefore you're relying on dodgy outlier evidence that contradicts both Superman, Wonder Woman and Aquaman's durability as well as Ocean Master's use of the trident. That is why it is so polarising, it shouldn't have been able to take down Superman.

Chimeroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: Nope, i have already quoted that one. Orm did say he will destroy him, but he never said he would kill him and he never really tried to,

Btw, this follows the page you posted. Orm talking about how he loves his brother. He does end with saying that they are enemies now, still not saying he will kill him. And in regards to your claims of inconsistency, Arthur was completely powerless against Orm as long as Orm was paying attention to his fight against Arthur.

No Caption Provided

Thor has dozens and dozens of lightning feats that can be used to derive a consistent measurement. Ocean Master has much less than that. Therefore you're relying on dodgy outlier evidence that contradicts both Superman, Wonder Woman and Aquaman's durability as well as Ocean Master's use of the trident. That is why it is so polarising, it shouldn't have been able to take down Superman.

Ah, there we are, the actual reason you mind it. It hurt your fav... Tell me honestly, can you not see that the attacks in question are not the same? Can you really not see the difference between the lightning that he conjured when he tried his hardest to knockout the league and the casual lightning that he used against Bats and Arthur?

Also, it wouldn't make much sense to kill the person you are talking to mid Monologue.

Thor is a perfect example btw. We have seen ORM use lightning like what 6 times? And only once did he try hard to summon a real storm.

Much like Thor one could argue that using the Storm and Lightning power would be out of character to be spammed, but you cannot simply wish the feat away just because it hurt your precious.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158  Edited By Lvenger

@chimeroid:

Ah, there we are, the actual reason you mind it. It hurt your fav..

Much like Thor one could argue that using the Storm and Lightning power would be out of character to be spammed, but you cannot simply wish the feat away just because it hurt your precious.

And just like that you've lost my respect by trying to reduce my criticisms down to personal preference. I get that kind of response from trolls and fanboys, not users who disagree with my opinions because I'm showing them their mistakes. I'm dismayed I actually lost to someone who resorts to name calling when the argument doesn't go their way.

Chimeroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

@chimeroid:

Ah, there we are, the actual reason you mind it. It hurt your fav..

And just like that you've lost my respect by trying to reduce my criticisms down to personal preference. I guess you're not nearly as respectable as I thought you were. I'm dismayed I actually lost to someone who resorts to name calling when the argument doesn't go their way. I'd hoped you could do better than make up stuff and name call.

I did post a TON of arguments, and you didn't really counter any of those. Yes, i am getting edgy at this point and i apologize if that insults you. However, you have to admit that he simply did not use the same attack on the individuals that he used on the league as a team. It is fairly obvious. And yes, i believe the only reason you won't accept the feat is because "orm is not supposed to be that strong". And nothing else.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160  Edited By Lvenger

@chimeroid: I don't accept that feat because it doesn't line up with Orm's consistent feats nor Superman's durability. You getting edgy about my disagreement is not my problem. I'm showing why I believe this and there has yet to be an absolute counter for all of it. Of course we can just agree to disagree if we're at an impasse so things don't get any more messy or nasty. I would prefer to avoid that.

Chimeroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

@chimeroid: I don't accept that feat because it doesn't line up with Orm's consistent feats nor Superman's durability. You getting edgy about my disagreement is not my problem. I'm showing why I believe this and there has yet to be an absolute counter for all of it. Of course we can just agree to disagree if we're at an impasse so things don't get any more messy or nasty. I would prefer to avoid that.

But Orm doesn't really have "consistent" feats since he has only those few showings all together. And once more, i can see that you are not disagreeing with the fact that it is not the same attack.

Avatar image for atheistknowledge
AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

@atheistknowledge said:
@chimeroid said:

@atheistknowledge: Size of the lightning may not matter, but the effort exerted when using it does.

Regarding GR, i will try to find the scan of Superman breaking his own skin with Heat Vision. As soon as i do i will simply counter GR's entire post. I remember seeing it somewhere.

Ok.

That wasn't GR's entire post though, you still have to find scans of "tons" of instances of Superman shrugging off planetary obliteration as you claim.

Anyway i am sure GR will look forward to it all.

I replied to him. Your turn.

My turn what?

AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ecstaticgrace: So when Thor summons thunder from the sky that hurts Thanos... It implies "human level natural lightning"(silly I know but technically you said it) can harm Thanos.

Yea except Thors lightning is magically enhanced, so yea, literally the first line is factually wrong.

No i am the one asking you to give me Aquaman villains that can one-shot the entire JL, seeing as OM did that and you didn't show me any proof of that with anyone else, you just mentioned a few villains, showed me what they look like instead of showing me their feats or them one-shotting the JL or something similar. Nothing from Aquamans rogue gallerly leads me to believe they can one-shot the JL and i never said i was vered in Aquaman mythos, in fact if you look at post #140 i say the exact opposite when i explicitly mention that i am not a fan, let alone an expert on the character.

Well, it was a good effort at least.

AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ecstaticgrace: No when you show feats of Aquaman villains one-shotting the JL i will admit that there are Aquaman villains that can one-shot the JL. That still wouldn't change the fact that what OM did was either full on PIS or an outlier, because if he can one-shot the JL he can stomp Aquaman all day long without effort.

And this thread is still about Hulk vs 2 guys who i am yet to be convinced can take him out, apart from possibly BFR.

AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ecstaticgrace said:
@atheistknowledge said:

@ecstaticgrace: No when you show feats of Aquaman villains one-shotting the JL i will admit that there are Aquaman villains that can one-shot the JL. That still wouldn't change the fact that what OM did was either full on PIS or an outlier, because if he can one-shot the JL he can stomp Aquaman all day long without effort.

And this thread is still about Hulk vs 2 guys who i am yet to be convinced can take him out, apart from possibly BFR.

This is pathetic. When did I say there were Aquaman villains that could Oneshot the League?

How is natural lightning coming out from a weapon? And where are you getting the idea that it's natural lightning? Also why would it be weak just because it was natural lightning.. Your whole argument makes little to no sense if you understood that there's characters like Major Disaster who uses natural elements to harm characters like Superman, Wonder Woman and Green Lantern. Your attempt is just to argue and your using fallacies that consist of twisting the person your arguing point or inserting your own logic.

Oh my BJORKING god... I, me, myself was the one that asked for this. You said there are Aquaman villains that can stomp the JL, but i asked for any villains that can explicitly one-shot the JL. How many different ways do i need to phrase this?

Wha?? Who said natural lightning is coming from a weapon? It wouldn't necessarily but it's still questionable to see JL get one-shot by natural lightning coming from the sky, of course if you have any evidence that it's not just natural lightning or that it's somehow boosted or something, feel free to share. I don't have to look at Major Disaster to know this as i can look at Marvel characters that use natural elements to harm their opponents though most of the time Hulk/Thor level ones shrug it off, even when they amp the attacks. Seriously dude, you are blowing this way out of proportion and going all melodramatic on me... Nothing of the sorts is going on.

Chimeroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nima_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hulk stomps

AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ecstaticgrace said:
@atheistknowledge said:
@ecstaticgrace said:
@atheistknowledge said:

This is pathetic. When did I say there were Aquaman villains that could Oneshot the League?

How is natural lightning coming out from a weapon? And where are you getting the idea that it's natural lightning? Also why would it be weak just because it was natural lightning.. Your whole argument makes little to no sense if you understood that there's characters like Major Disaster who uses natural elements to harm characters like Superman, Wonder Woman and Green Lantern. Your attempt is just to argue and your using fallacies that consist of twisting the person your arguing point or inserting your own logic.

Oh my BJORKING god... I, me, myself was the one that asked for this. You said there are Aquaman villains that can stomp the JL, but i asked for any villains that can explicitly one-shot the JL. How many different ways do i need to phrase this?

Wha?? Who said natural lightning is coming from a weapon? It wouldn't necessarily but it's still questionable to see JL get one-shot by natural lightning coming from the sky, of course if you have any evidence that it's not just natural lightning or that it's somehow boosted or something, feel free to share. I don't have to look at Major Disaster to know this as i can look at Marvel characters that use natural elements to harm their opponents though most of the time Hulk/Thor level ones shrug it off, even when they amp the attacks. Seriously dude, you are blowing this way out of proportion and going all melodramatic on me... Nothing of the sorts is going on.

Lol. Your repetitive attempts to suggest humans can survive lightning and the same lightning that hurt Batman was the same used on Superman despite the clear differences between the two. Source of the lightning, dialogue that went with the lightning, and even noticeably color.

The reason I'm questioning the natural thing. Is cause you yourself are the one that originally brought it up. Now your suggesting it doesn't matter? Cause there's marvel characters with natural lightning that could do the same thing.

Melodramatic would be cursing because of having no point.

@Comicfan11 @Chimeroid Any of you have the scans where Poseidon oneshotted Supes. Or Gamamnae beat up the JL.

What do you mean suggest? Humans have survived lightning. I admitted the lightning that hit Batman and the other JL members is different, why are you trying to paint a different picture to what i said?

Yes, but like i said i still haven't seen a character take out a powerhouse with natural elements, unless they are amped to the extreme and just hurting them isn't really enough.

No that's not being melodramatic and there is nothing wrong with cursing as long as it's not directed at someone.

Also those 2 scans don't really tell me anything.

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ecstaticgrace: I don't know if this helps, but there is another instance we're both New 52 Superman and Wonder Woman get hit by Natural Lighting and they are affected by it.

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179  Edited By Mooty_Pass

@ecstaticgrace: I THINK I understand where the other User was going. And I understand your point as well. I think there are two attacks going on now question. Do you think the scepter that attacked Batman and Aquaman was Magic based due to its color or Natural? Either way N52 Superman/Wonder Woman struggle with Natural Lightning.

However, Regardless if the Hulk was hit by natural or magical lighting he'd still be affected by it. There a lot of examples that shows that Lightning, Electricity can affect or stun the Hulk than there is him Resisting it. And I've only seen one scan were it didn't hurt him.

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ecstaticgrace: Yeah that makes sense. Good point on Black Lightning and tech that OM could be using. I just thought because it was purple he used Magic on Aquaman and Batman and then Natural on Supes and Diana. Anyway, I'm not exactly sure who wins here but I do know if Ocean Master uses Lightning on Hulk it will be his greatest advantage. And will at least give him a fighting chance.

FearSinestro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182  Edited By FearSinestro

This is getting ridiculous.

Lord_Spectrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hulk.

TheOriginalOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@renchamp: Sorry to ask, but is this ban a permanent ban or just a temporary one?

Avatar image for supremegeneration
SupremeGeneration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tfw when you read 2 of your favorite viners vs a third favorite viner and then one of the two gets banned while a 4th respected viner jumps in...

Avatar image for deactivated-5a90ca82ccb5f
deactivated-5a90ca82ccb5f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheOriginalOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

But why a permanent ban? As you said, he has previous language violation but this time, it wasn't directed at anyone and could have been a mistake. Given his reputation and massive post count, shouldn't he be given the benefit of the doubt?

I am not saying don't ban him but a permanent ban sounds too extreme! If he had attacked a user with such language, then by all means, permanently ban him but he didn't.

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189 thedailybagel  Moderator  Online

This is ridiculous.

Avatar image for termiteone4ever
termiteone4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

This is ridiculous.

Bagel i always warned you and you seem to have calm down. atheistknowledge never calm down . Like i said i have seen guys like you come and go. Lavenger was following with disrespecting others as well :) He seem to calming down a bit. I dont flag you guys because i enjoy the entertainment for sure:) . No need to get out a hand or call each other names or insult anyone's intelligence.

Well what ever alternate username he chooses hope he doesnt lose his chops to get banned again. I do enjoy arguing with him. May be you guys team up and ask the Mods for lighter ban.

kaloyaNm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This must be a joke, Hulk murderstomps