#351 Posted by KingGuinness (345 posts) - - Show Bio

@beastmonster:

That's both wrong and besides the point. There's no evidence to support your claim besides the fact that Hulk was staggered for about a second before he shrugged it off. Literally dude, the same panel that has Hulk on the ground is the same exact panel that shows him getting up. Also Savage Hulk has tanked blows from a non holding back Thor on multiple occasions so your claim that Hulk's never tanked full power blows from Thor before Fear Itself is false.

Nevertheless my point still stands. Hulk has tanked blows from characters who hit harder than Hercules and Hercules has failed to knockout or significantly damage weaker incarnations of Huk for the last 4 decades. And Hulk tanked a blow from Thanos during Infinity #6.

#352 Posted by KingGuinness (345 posts) - - Show Bio

@thordinson:

@thordinson:

Even though I think Hulk beats Gladiator more often than not, you have to admit that the fight between Hulk and Gladiator during the 1997 Annual was bullshit.

#354 Posted by Thordinson (1471 posts) - - Show Bio

@kingguinness: @kingguinness: It's not bullshit for Hulk to beat a Flying Colossus especially when his health conditions were horrible. Gladiator tried everything and failed

#355 Posted by KingGuinness (345 posts) - - Show Bio

@thordinson:

Naw come on man. You can't seriously think that Gladiator is so inadequate that a severely weakened Hulk can pummel him into a near death state? Not to mention some aspects of the fight made absolutely no sense.

Also Gladiator is far above Colossus.

#356 Edited by Thordinson (1471 posts) - - Show Bio

@kingguinness: Yes I can. Also no physically and reaction wise they're about the same level especially when Colossus matched him in a slugfest. Which is why I call him Flying Colossus. He's a poor mid tier.

#357 Posted by KingGuinness (345 posts) - - Show Bio

@thordinson:

No he didn't, he lost. You can't match someone in a slugfest and then lose the fight that's not how it works. Besides Gladiator has performed feats that prove he's a lot more powerful than Colossus.

#358 Posted by GhostRavage (14611 posts) - - Show Bio

@kingguinness: He didn't claim he lost, but he was sure as hell KO'd in the fight as they mutually did but Gladiator stood up first. He was even stated to be doing it "slowly and painfully" after entire minutes passed. There's no way around it.

#359 Posted by Thordinson (1471 posts) - - Show Bio

@kingguinness: They were matched before the structures fell on top of both of them, which the narration even states and was the determining factor in their battle. Which would put him striking around that level especially under his own creator no less.

#360 Posted by KingGuinness (345 posts) - - Show Bio

@ghostravage:

To be honest I never considered the fact that Gladiator was knocked out also and if he was then that's pretty embarrassing. But you have to admit that since then Gladiator has clearly shown enough to support the claim that's he's above Colossus, at least.

#361 Edited by Thordinson (1471 posts) - - Show Bio

@kingguinness: He's above Colossus only due to his flight advantage and HV. Ergo the nickname I have now dubbed him under.

#362 Posted by GhostRavage (14611 posts) - - Show Bio

@kingguinness:

To be honest I never considered the fact that Gladiator was knocked out also and if he was then that's pretty embarrassing. But you have to admit that since then Gladiator has clearly shown enough to support the claim that's he's above Colossus, at least.

He was... The instance would be embarassing if Gladiator is considered above that level whereas it would be rather impressive if he's not. I do agree Gladiator is above Colossus, problem is Colossus has grown much stronger past that instance... He was barely a teenager when he fought Gladiator and it was confirmed his powers didn't actually developed to its best point before turning older. Food for thought.

#363 Posted by BeastMonster (134 posts) - - Show Bio

@beastmonster:

That's both wrong and besides the point. There's no evidence to support your claim besides the fact that Hulk was staggered for about a second before he shrugged it off. Literally dude, the same panel that has Hulk on the ground is the same exact panel that shows him getting up. Also Savage Hulk has tanked blows from a non holding back Thor on multiple occasions so your claim that Hulk's never tanked full power blows from Thor before Fear Itself is false.

Nevertheless my point still stands. Hulk has tanked blows from characters who hit harder than Hercules and Hercules has failed to knockout or significantly damage weaker incarnations of Huk for the last 4 decades. And Hulk tanked a blow from Thanos during Infinity #6.

I already provided you the scans.

It doesn't matter what your opinion is nor does it matter how you believe and expect things should be portrayed.

Hercules made him faceplant and get up rubbing his head with one strike. Hulk put hercules on one knee with one strike. How is putting someone on one knee superior to knocking someone out? Especially considering WWH is 7 or 8 times the weight hercules is.

Savage hulk has never tanked blows from a non holding back thor, not with mjolnir at least.

Fear itself showcased an amped world war hulk getting knocked out by a hammer strike from thor. That strike would have turned savage hulk into green mush.

I am not sure why you mention Hercules "failing to knockout or significantly damage weaker incarnations of hulk for 4 decades" when every version of hulk besides world war hulk has failed to knockout or significantly damage hercules in the last 4 decades.

That logic goes both ways. Surprisingly, even world war hulk didn't knockout hercules. Hercules and hulk never hurt each other until the world war instance where hercs strike was shown as more powerful than hulks, then hulk bloodied his face with 4 or 5 clean punches. I don't see what your point is here, it seems like you're trying to ignore the damage hercules did to hulk in the wwh encounter whilst only focusing on what wwh did to hercules. that's not how fights should be evaluated, you can't ignore entire parts of the fight just because they didn't go how you wanted them to.

Here's a side by side comparison. It's obvious one strike is more powerful here.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2