#1 Edited by ASGARDIANBRONY (10407 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

The Scenario

Hulk has taken over earth, he came for vengeance, defeated the illuminati and now rules the world and all its resources. Moving the people of Sakaar to earth the Hulk now rules the solar system with an iron fist and holds an annual tournament where slaves, prisoners of war and champions looking for glory can challenge him for the title of strongest one their is. This year Hulk faces a truly fearsome ten day long gauntlet, will he keep his throne or will a new king rise above the rest to become the world-breaker?

Rules

• Win by KO, incap or death.
  • No BFR.
  • Hulk is WWH/Green scar in matches 1-6.
  • Hulk is WBH in matches 7-10.

Fight takes place in Madison Square Garden, surrounded by an indestructible forcefield.

No Caption Provided

The Gauntlet

Day 1: Hulk-Buster Endo-Sym

No Caption Provided

Day 2: Hercules and Ares

No Caption Provided

Hercules has Adamantine mace. Ares has Adamantine axe.

Day 3: Gladiator

No Caption Provided

Day 4: Hyperion and Blue Marvel

No Caption Provided

Day 5: Perrikus

No Caption Provided

Day 6: Kurse

No Caption Provided

Day 7: Mangog

No Caption Provided

Day 8: Kuurth

No Caption Provided

Day 9: Thanos

No Caption Provided

Can only use strength and energy blasts and has no forcefields.

Day 10: Odin

No Caption Provided

Can only use strength and energy blasts and cannot use any forcefields/protective magic.

How far does the jade giant get? Is he truly the strongest there is?

No Caption Provided

#2 Posted by Thordinson (1471 posts) - - Show Bio

Stops at Kurse. Also Gladiator should be lower on this gauntlet. Maybe 1 since hes not really impressive outside of travel speed.

#3 Posted by destinyman75 (9567 posts) - - Show Bio

Kurse will be a problem given his crazy durability and strength dunno for sure there. But Definitely stops hard at Magnog, who feeds on anger. Hulk getting angry here only Amps Magnog Further so stops at 7...

#4 Posted by Nima_ (2102 posts) - - Show Bio

Stops at Kurse.

#5 Posted by APEX_pretador (14431 posts) - - Show Bio

@asgardianbrony: Kuurth is too high (unless he also has the power of cyttorak)

Has Thor ever beaten kurse?

#6 Posted by KingGuinness (345 posts) - - Show Bio

Could stop at 4, otherwise probably stops at Kurse or Mangog.

#7 Posted by ASGARDIANBRONY (10407 posts) - - Show Bio

@apex_pretador:

Kuurth is too high (unless he also has the power of cyttorak)

Yea, he has cyttorak and cul powers. I was torn who to put higher between him and mangog, but in the end i think he is more versatile so i put Kuurth at 8.

Has Thor ever beaten kurse?

Now that you mention it i cant recall him ever beating Kurse.

#8 Posted by HellionVulcan (5932 posts) - - Show Bio

Can stop at Gladiator as his combat speed is far superior to any version of the Hulk as he won't be restricted to a writers plot but dead stops at Mangog.

#9 Edited by lvenger (33527 posts) - - Show Bio

Could stop at Kurse, though even if WWH wins it would be a tough fight. Hard stops at Mangog though, not only is Mangog physically superior by feats, he feeds off anger and hate to boost his power. So Hulk's source of strength would just end up amping Mangog.

#10 Posted by Thordinson (1471 posts) - - Show Bio

How does Hulk stop at Gladiator when a dying version nearly killed him? And this being WWH?

#11 Posted by ASGARDIANBRONY (10407 posts) - - Show Bio

How does Hulk stop at Gladiator when a dying version nearly killed him? And this being WWH?

Can stop at Gladiator as his combat speed is far superior to any version of the Hulk as he won't be restricted to a writers plot but dead stops at Mangog.

#12 Posted by HellionVulcan (5932 posts) - - Show Bio

@thordinson said:

@hellionvulcan said:

Because Gladiator won't be restricted by a writer, duh as Gladiator with no wis involved won't just stand still and let Hulk touch him.

#13 Posted by Thordinson (1471 posts) - - Show Bio

@hellionvulcan: So you mean Gladiator won't be written at the terrible levels he's usually portrayed at and by his one fan who thinks he can beat WWH? Very outstanding logic ๐Ÿ‘ถ๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿป

#14 Edited by Pipxeroth (7378 posts) - - Show Bio

Stops at Kurse or Mangog.

#15 Edited by HellionVulcan (5932 posts) - - Show Bio

@thordinson said:

@hellionvulcan: So you mean Gladiator won't be written at the terrible levels he's usually portrayed at and by his one fan who thinks he can beat WWH? Very outstanding logic ๐Ÿ‘ถ๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿป

Explain how any version of Hulk defeats someone they can't hit ? with no wis involved. Hulk has zero combat speed feats to his name to say he could tag any tank with super speed yet Hulk fans will delude themselves into thinking comics fights are restricted by writers.

#16 Edited by Thordinson (1471 posts) - - Show Bio

@hellionvulcan: Like he did with Gladiator before who's bulrushes couldn't even knock back or hardly hurt Heimdall. Or are we forgetting when he matched Colossus physically and only came out on top with a slight advantage? Hulk has reacted to Sentry, Quicksilver like 3x now and has hardly had a problem with speed from various opponents over the years. Havok reacted to him, I doubt Hulk will have any real problem one shorting him or just outright ripping him apart like he did back in the 90s. Your excuses don't make any sense here. There is no WIS, Gladiator is just a terrible mid tier and it's been proven time and time again.

#17 Edited by HellionVulcan (5932 posts) - - Show Bio

@thordinson said:

@hellionvulcan: Like he did with Gladiator before who's bulrushes couldn't even knock back or hardly hurt Heimdall. Or are we forgetting when he matched Colossus physically and only came out on top with a slight advantage? Hulk has reacted to Sentry, Quicksilver like 3x now and has hardly had a problem with speed from various opponents over the years. Havok reacted to him, I doubt Hulk will have any real problem one shorting him or just outright ripping him apart like he did back in the 90s. Your excuses don't make any sense here. There is no WIS, Gladiator is just a terrible mid tier and it's been proven time and time again.

Gladiator wasn't trying to fight Heimdall as he stated as such, Nothing states Gladiator was going all out against Colossus considering Gladiator has hit different versions of Thor so hard they traveled across a city which included Gladiator punt kicking Mjรถlnir the same distance. Hulk reacted to Quicksilver back in the day when his top speed was 150/300 mph that's incredibly slow compared to Gladiator who has 3 beyond light combat speed feats to his name and countless blitzes on beings who are a million times faster than Hulk. Gladiator is so terrible and mid tier that he lasted the longest against Tyrant out of the heralds, Considered the biggest threat out of the Annihilators according to Thanos, Survived well tanked an attack that would've wiped out half our solar system, battled the phoenix 5 alone better than an entire group of Avengers etc, Yup he's totally mid tier.

Hell Gladiator's son is faster than Quicksilver without even trying as this is how embarrassing Hulk's lack of combat speed feats truly are

Yikes
Yikes

Show me Hulk reacting on this level

No Caption Provided

Don't worry as i know you can't since Hulk has zero feats to his name to show he could tag Gladiator without a writer involved. Better yet i should challenge any Hulk fan/boy to a combat speed contest between Gladiator and Hulk and put this debate to bed.

#18 Posted by GhostRavage (14611 posts) - - Show Bio

@hellionvulcan: I'm not reading everything you posted because i can feel from afar is the same old flawed and ignorant narrative as always but god help me, if that's Gladiator's actual speed Hulk has it a lot easier than it already is considering he did precisely what you're asking for back in Incredible Hulk vol.2 #43.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3

Yup, Gladiator is SO impressive.

#19 Posted by HellionVulcan (5932 posts) - - Show Bio

@hellionvulcan: I'm not reading everything you posted because i can feel from afar is the same old flawed and ignorant narrative as always but god help me, if that's Gladiator's actual speed Hulk has it a lot easier than it already is considering he did precisely what you're asking for back in Incredible Hulk vol.2 #43.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3

Yup, Gladiator is SO impressive.

Again Hulk's lack of combat speed feats means my argument is flawed, Yea that's not a total deflection just because Gladiator has more on his resume. Hulk caught a bullet after it had slowed dramatically after penetrating a human skull is not impressive in the slightest, Bullets lose a lot of their momentum/energy after hitting a target while Gladiator watched the bullet travel so slow he could retell his entire childhood and catch the bullet with absolute ease.

Gladiator's feat >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Hulk's.

#20 Posted by GhostRavage (14611 posts) - - Show Bio

@hellionvulcan:

Again Hulk's lack of combat speed feats means my argument is flawed, Yea that's not a total deflection just because Gladiator has more on his resume. Hulk caught a bullet after it had slowed dramatically after penetrating a human skull is not impressive in the slightest, Bullets lose a lot of their momentum/energy after hitting a target while Gladiator watched the bullet travel so slow he could retell his entire childhood and catch the bullet with absolute ease.

You keep repeating this "lack of combat speed feats" while completely ignoring the fact someone provided you with a feat extremely specific to your inquiries. I'm positive you don't know what you're talking about and considering Hulk has over 6000 more issues of appearances in which more than 3000 are relevant and feat-worthy mentions, i'm also positive he has more feats than Gladiator, let alone on a wider range and consistency.

That was not a deflection, that was literally catching the bullet with his teeth. The reason why he was showcased with the bullet in his teeth after the shot seemingly penetrating his skull was to blatantly make people understand the bullet never penetrated him, but instead, he caught it with his teeth. You're stretching what was shown while purposely ignoring the fact he was shown with the bullet in his teeth, with the freaking smoke still coming off of it, which means it never entered his skull in the first place. Thanks for the scientific explanation about how something loses momentum on impact, sadly, it is useless and irrelevant.

Yup, then you have Gladiator failing to use that massive speed advantage (average to be honest) against Black Bolt or freaking Thor. Let me guess... Because he was restricted by the writer, but in your instance he was not restricted by the writer... I'm starting to see a pattern here, a very partial pattern.

Of course, because Gladiator getting smacked around by Black Bolt, someone who does not have any notable combat speed feats in the same freaking story arc he caught the bullet makes him painfully superior to Hulk. Hellion... You're full of suprises (s).

#21 Edited by HellionVulcan (5932 posts) - - Show Bio

@ghostravage said:

@hellionvulcan:

You keep repeating this "lack of combat speed feats" while completely ignoring the fact someone provided you with a feat extremely specific to your inquiries. I'm positive you don't know what you're talking about and considering Hulk has over 6000 more issues of appearances in which more than 3000 are relevant and feat-worthy mentions, i'm also positive he has more feats than Gladiator, let alone on a wider range and consistency.

That was not a deflection, that was literally catching the bullet with his teeth. The reason why he was showcased with the bullet in his teeth after the shot seemingly penetrating his skull was to blatantly make people understand the bullet never penetrated him, but instead, he caught it with his teeth. You're stretching what was shown while purposely ignoring the fact he was shown with the bullet in his teeth, with the freaking smoke still coming off of it, which means it never entered his skull in the first place. Thanks for the scientific explanation about how something loses momentum on impact, sadly, it is useless and irrelevant.

Yup, then you have Gladiator failing to use that massive speed advantage (average to be honest) against Black Bolt or freaking Thor. Let me guess... Because he was restricted by the writer, but in your instance he was not restricted by the writer... I'm starting to see a pattern here, a very partial pattern.

Of course, because Gladiator getting smacked around by Black Bolt, someone who does not have any notable combat speed feats in the same freaking story arc he caught the bullet makes him painfully superior to Hulk. Hellion... You're full of suprises (s).

I never ignored that Hulk has a wider history of feats to his name over Gladiator but that doesn't change the fact that Hulk still lacks combat speed feats. Hulk has consistency with his strength/striking feats hence i won't deny that but that's where it ends as comparing an A+ character like Hulk 6238 issues to a C lister like Gladiator with 794 issues isn't a great point either.

You deflected massively as the bullet penetrated the guy's skull not Hulk's as it's why the guy's skull is flinging backwards since it's a reactionary response to being hit in the face by anything, Hulk would never be able to replicate Gladiator's feat since Hulk wouldn't be able to be a city away from when the bullet is fired that instantly travels the distance to the target and intercept it casually. Hulk isn't that fast and no one can argue that Hulk is anywhere comparable to Gladiator related to his combat speed feats.

"Gladiator failing to use that massive speed advantage (average to be honest) against Black Bolt or freaking Thor. Let me guess... Because he was restricted by the writer" Clearly yes as the time dilation feat alone proves Gladiator should have no problem dealing with Thor Black bolt Hulk etc but writers always restrict Gladiator's skills otherwise he would blitz every opponent and the comic would be two pages long, Another thing i never said Black bolt was superior to Hulk in combat speed considering Hulk has more superhuman speed feats over Black Bolt so how you came to that conclusion is beyond me.

#22 Posted by The_Red_Devil (1271 posts) - - Show Bio

Stops at Kurse.

#23 Posted by realitybreaker (28 posts) - - Show Bio

@hellionvulcan: http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11/118689/2615528-1678238_hulk_vs_qs_super.jpg what about this feat( sry can't post image because i am on my phone)

#24 Posted by HellionVulcan (5932 posts) - - Show Bio

@hellionvulcan: http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11/118689/2615528-1678238_hulk_vs_qs_super.jpg what about this feat( sry can't post image because i am on my phone)

I addressed it earlier as Classic Quicksilver had feats of going between 150/300 mph as current Quicksilver after being experimented on by the High Evolutionary can go past mach 4 with absolute ease. Hulk has always been around superhuman combat/speed and i'll never understand why people can't accept that Hulk for his size and mass can move similar (sometimes superior) to a high tier street levelers.

#25 Posted by GreenScar1990 (1658 posts) - - Show Bio

Shouldn't Mangog be at the 9th Spot below Odin?

Anyway, the only ones capable of matching WBH would be Thanos, Mangog and Odin. It'd stop at One of them, but only due to WBH and, whoever the Hulk's fighting, having a conflict that goes on forever.

Honestly, in terms of power, I see only Odin defeating WBH, as he's a high-level Skyfather who even then can be considered in a class by himself given his feats even among other Skyfathers. Then again, we don't know the full extent of WBH's power, only that's it's immense and keeps escalating. Mangog against WBH would probably go on in an endless stalemate, with each pummeling one another and growing stronger/powerful with each passing second and destroying whatever planet they're on. The same could be said of a WBH & Thanos fight, but eventually Thanos would grow weary of the conflict and departing or finding a powerful weapon/artifact to dispatch WBH (like a Infinity Gem, Cosmic Cube, etc.).

Now watch, I'll get jumped simply by stating my opinion based on the information of the characters present.

Oh, well.

#26 Posted by ASGARDIANBRONY (10407 posts) - - Show Bio

@greenscar1990:

Shouldn't Mangog be at the 9th Spot below Odin?

I put Thanos and Kuurth above him because they have a couple more abilities than mangog and are basically just as strong and durable physically.

The same could be said of a WBH & Thanos fight, but eventually Thanos would grow weary of the conflict and departing or finding a powerful weapon/artifact to dispatch WBH (like a Infinity Gem, Cosmic Cube, etc.).

Thanos is not allowed to go searching for an artifact, so you are saying WBH beats Thanos in a contest of strength/raw power?

Avatar image for heirtothekingdom
#27 Posted by HeirToTheKingdom (9126 posts) - - Show Bio
#28 Posted by del_torro (2185 posts) - - Show Bio

Mangog just wrecked war Thor, and crushed his hammer. Hulk isn't getting past him

#29 Posted by APEX_pretador (14431 posts) - - Show Bio
#30 Edited by GhostRavage (14611 posts) - - Show Bio

@hellionvulcan:

I never ignored that Hulk has a wider history of feats to his name over Gladiator but that doesn't change the fact that Hulk still lacks combat speed feats. Hulk has consistency with his strength/striking feats hence i won't deny that but that's where it ends as comparing an A+ character like Hulk 6238 issues to a C lister like Gladiator with 794 issues isn't a great point either.

Yes, you are indeed ignoring the fact Hulk has an absurdly wider amount of feats on every conceivable area than Gladiator could ever hope to get at any given point. You are because you keep claiming (i'm still scratching my head over this, you're talking out of your ass) Hulk doesn't have enough combat speed feats when he has at the very least 4 times the feats Gladiator has and speed isn't even one of his core powers nor he's particularly addressed as a massively fast guy.

Hulk has never had trouble with speed and he's been able to tag every single character he has fought before, whether they have super speed or are simply extremely agile, Gladiator on the other hand, while packing a confirmed amount of super human speed can't seem to overuse it in any way and has been tagged by everyone and their mothers whether they do have the speed to do it or don't, under several writers besides of those who you think "write him unrestricted" or most likely, those 1 timed instances writers. Don't get me wrong, Silver Surfer suffers from an almost equally frustrating factor but contrary to Gladiator, he has enough feats to make a case or can be simply justified by Surfer not using his speed in the moments he's tagged. Gladiator on the other hand gets tagged while using it and without using it... Sad.

Count them, cite them and quote them... I want to see just HOW MANY FEATS Gladiator has that make him "that much consistent" and "non-lacking" in the speed department. I'm going to take a guess and say you're going to post his fight with Earth-712 Hyperion (which ironically was humiliated by Thor and almost beaten to crap by Earth 616 Hyperion, which Hulk beat the crap out of) as well as his instance with the Fantastic Four written by the same freaking guy who supported Claremont in picturing him as a mere mid tier when he fought Piotr with no relevant combat speed whatsoever... I'm going to take another wild guess and say you don't actually care about the fact those 2 instances are so drastically incoherent with most of his publication, because... He wasn't restricted... As opposed to admit he was simply written WAY beyond his consistent basis. Last guess, i'm going to say you'll have to recur to those unquantifiable blur motion feats and expect everyone to simply say "Yeah, he's definitely moving at lightspeed there".

You deflected massively as the bullet penetrated the guy's skull not Hulk's as it's why the guy's skull is flinging backwards since it's a reactionary response to being hit in the face by anything, Hulk would never be able to replicate Gladiator's feat since Hulk wouldn't be able to be a city away from when the bullet is fired that instantly travels the distance to the target and intercept it casually. Hulk isn't that fast and no one can argue that Hulk is anywhere comparable to Gladiator related to his combat speed feats.

That's the whole point of showing Hulk with the damn bullet in his teeth... To show the bullet seemingly penetrating Banner's head but instead was CAUGHT by Hulk. Banner was transforming in that exact moment and it was fast enough for Hulk to simply catch the bullet before it penetrated Banner's skull. Do you know what happened the last time Banner was shot in the head? He was almost brain dead for a pretty freaking long time... Jesus, are you seriously thinking in bullshiting your way through the debate?

I'm not arguing Hulk is as fast as Gladiator, he doesn't need to be, he already proved by reacting to a confirmed hypersonic attempt of battlefield removal he's just fast enough in his reactions to fight Gladiator, the guy Eric Masterson, Wonder Man, Wolverine, Colossus, Cannonball, Thor and plenty of others have managed to tag even while showcasing his speed in those issues.

Regardless, you've been served, now take it with some dignity instead of recurring to this silly attempt of rebuttal. Don't waste my time.

Clearly yes as the time dilation feat alone proves Gladiator should have no problem dealing with Thor Black bolt Hulk etc but writers always restrict Gladiator's skills otherwise he would blitz every opponent and the comic would be two pages long, Another thing i never said Black bolt was superior to Hulk in combat speed considering Hulk has more superhuman speed feats over Black Bolt so how you came to that conclusion is beyond me.

Key word... FEAT ALONE. That was a single timed instance and he has never done anything remotely similar to that. His other one timed instance is fighting against Earth-712 Hyperion (WHO ALSO HAPPENS TO BE PACKING AN IMPRESSIVE SUM OF SPEED FEATS EQUAL TO >1<, which is his fight with Gladiator). You can count Gladiator's "relevant and cool feats" with a single freaking hand and still have fingers left by the time you're over.

I can apply your logic to any character in fiction. "Hulk was restricted in 99% of his publication, if he wasn't restricted he would be busting dimensions with thunderclaps"... Can't you see just how >stupid< your logic sounds? You're basing your entire case on highly inconsistent one timed instances instead of taking every bit of bad and good about your character. Your perspective, povs and thought process are just as lame as the character you're defending.

I never claimed Black Bolt was faster than Hulk nor did i assume you did. What i said is Gladiator was being smacked by Black Bolt, a character who has no apparent superspeed whatsoever, in the same freaking story arc Gladiator caught the bullet... Kudos to Gladiator though, that's his only consistency, the tendency of being flat out inconsistent, even within the same freaking issues.

#31 Posted by Thordinson (1471 posts) - - Show Bio

Damn.

Avatar image for blackestnight93
#32 Edited by blackestnight93 (14876 posts) - - Show Bio
#33 Posted by 20damon (5068 posts) - - Show Bio

Stops hard at Mangog. Even with WBH's massive power, he'd probably amp Mangog to even higher levels. Not to mention Odin himself could not deal with Mangog without a plot device.

#34 Posted by comic_book_fan (8734 posts) - - Show Bio

if these are purely physical fights he clears if not he stops at thanos

#35 Posted by Ezra_ (430 posts) - - Show Bio

Stops at round 4.

#36 Posted by Trust_This_786 (1743 posts) - - Show Bio

Stops at 4. Both Hyperion and Blue Marvel can take him one on one together its a stomp

No Caption Provided

#37 Posted by BruceRogers (11607 posts) - - Show Bio
#38 Posted by Trust_This_786 (1743 posts) - - Show Bio
#39 Edited by BruceRogers (11607 posts) - - Show Bio
#40 Posted by Trust_This_786 (1743 posts) - - Show Bio
#41 Posted by BruceRogers (11607 posts) - - Show Bio
#42 Edited by Trust_This_786 (1743 posts) - - Show Bio
#43 Edited by BruceRogers (11607 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for hyper_temporal_shift
#44 Posted by Hyper_Temporal_Shift (733 posts) - - Show Bio

He'll stop at Gladiator.

#45 Posted by 20damon (5068 posts) - - Show Bio
#46 Posted by green_skaar (10867 posts) - - Show Bio

Round 7

#47 Posted by Take-The-L (1 posts) - - Show Bio

Only a moron would think he stops at Gladiator. But it's Comic Vine, there's no shortage of those.

#48 Posted by green_skaar (10867 posts) - - Show Bio

Says the obvious coward/troll who doesn't post with their main account (assuming you aren't the idiot that is repeatedly spamming everyone via IMs and banned over and over).

Only a moron would think he stops at Gladiator. But it's Comic Vine, there's no shortage of those.

#50 Posted by 20damon (5068 posts) - - Show Bio

Round 7

Same conclusion i came to. Not even Odin could stop Mangog in his prime without a plot device. And even then it killed him or brought him to the very edge of dying (can't remember which). Mangog is a BEAST!