Hulk (MCU) vs Lord Voldemort (Harry Potter films)

hyperfinn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

The huge green monster Hulk is full of rage and trying to attack Lord Voldemort. who is going to win this battle.

Bloodlusted Match.

ANTHP2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Voldemort.

BOC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 BOC  Online

Voldemort.

WHATISAYISTRUE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i mean hulk has regen and voldemort the most he can do is make hulk mad, but he still has the 7 things to protect himself.HULK prob will get pissed over and over again like his regen keeps him from dying.Does the spell harry potter survived kill anymore?if that i think voldemort wins

Kevd4wg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

even Ward could beat Voldemort

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Voldemort, quite easily

MrTrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Instant death spell makes this a pointless spite match.

WHATISAYISTRUE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrtrey: dont you have to aim the spell cuz hulk can jump high and dodge but considering he is a big he will get hit

KingLouie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Has he used a spell on someone like the Hulk before?

NiteLite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't think The Killing Curse would do much on Hulk,but we don't know for sure.

I'll still go with Hulk.

PayneInTheAss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kevd4wg said:

b8

Avatar image for deactivated-5d0b495e7009f
deactivated-5d0b495e7009f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nitelite said:

Don't think The Killing Curse would do much on Hulk,but we don't know for sure.

I'll still go with Hulk.

He still has 0 hax resistance feats

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Shinne

Voldemort. Even without the killing curse, other spells such as crucio, imperio and apparition should be sufficient enough for him to win. Plus, he moved a 20 feet tall giant corpse with his telekinesis, so he could probably just lift Hulk up in the air and there would be nothing Hulk can do about it.

NiteLite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@davidharewood14: Has Voldemort ever used Crucio,Avada Kedavra of any of his spells on an opponent like Hulk?

NiteLite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lan_fan: Wouldn't Apparition count as tactical retreat?

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nitelite: Death Eaters use apparition as flight.

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Shinne

Voldemort can also just transform into dusts and possess Hulk like he did against Harry. That's a GG... So many ways for him to win.

ANTHP2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By ANTHP2000

@kevd4wg said:

Fair point, but Ward could also beat the Hulk.

cpt_nice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

With a huge green titan in front of him, Voldemort isn't going to mess around. He uses AK right off the bat, and MCU Hulk had shown zero resistance to insta death magic. He dies.

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#20 morpheus_  Moderator

Either the curse works or Hulk's durability is superior to "the power of love" that shielded Harry from Avada Kedavra and Tom makes his best impression of a pancake.

AlphaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Voldemort should win if he's on guard.

Darkthunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Noseless younger ebony maw wins if he is not jobbing

EmmaFrostXmen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Voldemort Stomps. The killing curse ends you, no matter what. And unless you have a resistance to magic you die.

Richard96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Voldemort one shots.

GateOfBabylon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nothing Hulk can do here. Voldy in pretty much a mismatch.

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 morpheus_  Moderator

Voldemort Stomps. The killing curse ends you, no matter what. And unless you have a resistance to magic you die.

Galactus doesn't have a resistance to magic, at least not expressly so. Does Tom kill him with Avada Kedavra? I mean, it "ends you, no matter what," right?

byondeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 byondeon  Online

Voldemort clearly have the advantage in versatility. Hulk have the advantage in strength and durability. Speed I am not so sure. Hulk have some amazing speed, but Voldemort is really fast too.

Voldemort is one of the only 2 characters in Harry Potter that have unasisted flight.

This will go down to 1 thing, and one thing only, will Voldemort be able to kill Hulk with Avada Kedavra. Or will Hulk's durability and healing factor make the killing curse useless.

I am split on this fight. Calling stalemate for now.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d0b495e7009f
deactivated-5d0b495e7009f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nitelite said:

@davidharewood14: Has Voldemort ever used Crucio,Avada Kedavra of any of his spells on an opponent like Hulk?

Crucio rather bypasses your stats. Those are called haxes.

In Supergirl series non jobbing Kara and non jobbing J'onn are extremely powerful but they still has some weaknesses like specific frequency sounds or Parasite's life absorbtion etc.

Not lowballing but Hulk has 0 feats against such haxes which are negating physical laws. Ok Hagrid was resistant a little to stunning attacks or others but Giants are born with magic blood. Same with dragons. Just crucio , avadakedavra, legilimens, imperio ( Hulk tp resistance is nothing ) or oblivate are enough

Helloman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stalemate.

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Shinne

@morpheus_: Galactus doesn't have any resistance to magic? I doubt it. Plus, the closest thing we know about how Avada Kedavra works is when Dumbledore described what happened to Voldemort. It implies soul attack, which I'm sure Galactus could handle. I think someone said Voldemort described it as having his soul ripped apart as well. However, it's stated many times that it doesn't do ANY damage to the victim's body (neither does crucio), which is why I think physical durability or healing factor should be useless here. That one time Barty Crouch Jr. said if Avada Kedavra was done imperfectly, it would just cause some nosebleeding, but that was never the case with a perfectly casted killing curse.

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Shinne

@davidharewood14: Magical creatures like giant and dragons were stated to have special resistance to magic. I don't think that's due to his physical stats.

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 morpheus_  Moderator
@lan_fan said:

@morpheus_: Galactus doesn't have any resistance to magic? I doubt it. Plus, the closest thing we know about how Avada Kedavra works is when Dumbledore described what happened to Voldemort. It implies soul attack, which I'm sure Galactus could handle. I think someone said Voldemort described it as having his soul ripped apart as well. However, it's stated many times that it doesn't do ANY damage to the victim's body (neither does crucio), which is why I think physical durability or healing factor should be useless here. That one time Barty Crouch Jr. said if Avada Kedavra was done imperfectly, it would just cause some nosebleeding, but that was never the case with a perfectly casted killing curse.

I don't want you to doubt, I'm openly telling you that he has been affected by magic before (Doctor Strange made him experience the pain of all the worlds he has consumed during a fight with the Avengers). Adam Warlock has mentioned Galactus does not have an exact equivalent to a soul but magic still works on him, it simply needs something sufficiently potent. Galactus was an extreme example to an equally extreme statement. "If someone has no magic resistance, the killing curse ends you, no matter what."

So can Voldemort kill 616 Hulk? Silver Surfer? Thor? Thanos? Where do limitations begin and where do they end? That's all I ask.

It's an extrapolation from someone describing the curse in a flowery way (having one's soul ripped apart) to actual soul manipulation/destruction, is it not? Obviously the person describing it has not experienced the curse themselves to be able to ascertain that.

In short, I'm not at all disregarding the notion that Hulk gets hit by the curse and dies. I am simply skeptical because most of the characters I brought up earlier also don't have a direct defense to "soul destruction" if that is what Avada Kedavra is meant to be, beyond their inherent durability.

AlexTheBoss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AVADA KADAVRA!

EmmaFrostXmen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@morpheus_: Yes, unless your durability is too high. Galactus is too powerful for most attacks to harm him lol.

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@morpheus_:

Galactus was an extreme example to an equally extreme statement. "If someone has no magic resistance, the killing curse ends you, no matter what."

That's not what we meant. Magical creatures in Harry Potter like giants and dragons have more resistance against magic than humans do. Sure they can still be affected if the magic is potent enough, but it's harder. We're talking about any type of resistance, not complete immunity.

It's an extrapolation from someone describing the curse in a flowery way (having one's soul ripped apart) to actual soul manipulation/destruction, is it not? Obviously the person describing it has not experienced the curse themselves to be able to ascertain that.

Voldemort survived his own backfiring killing curse due to his horcruxes (he split his soul and put them into objects or other living beings). I guess his description is valid, but I can't seem to find the quote.

Dumbledore's word on this also has proof, because when Voldemort's soul was blasted from his body, it refused to die (due to the horcrux), so it latched itself into Harry Potter. Those stuffs did happen. Plus, it's Dumbledore, he's always right.

When Voldemort casted his 4th killing curse against Harry, he ONLY killed the part of his own soul inside Harry without affecting any other thing. I guess that's also a solid evidence that it only affects the soul.

I am simply skeptical because most of the characters I brought up earlier also don't have a direct defense to "soul destruction" if that is what Avada Kedavra is meant to be, beyond their inherent durability.

I'm leaning towards soul removal rather than destruction, because you can still go to afterlife or become a ghost after getting killed by killing curse. Any soul manipulation defense should be sufficient enough to survive this, since it has only affected featless souls.

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator

@lan_fan:

I haven't watched the films since last year (and I have not yet watched Crimes of Grindelwald), but do you roughly recall where/when that was stated? This is strictly film Voldemort and magical beasts being exactly that should not make them immune or resistant on principle.

Voldemort survived his own backfiring killing curse due to his horcruxes (he split his soul and put them into objects or other living beings). I guess his description is valid, but I can't seem to find the quote.

That is very true, and we do know that is achieved via murder - but murder splits and tears the soul of the perpetrator. We don't necessarily know if that also applies to the victim. I do agree there is the potential for soul manipulation in the HP-verse. It also does not have to occur exclusively due to the killing curse.

When Voldemort casted his 4th killing curse against Harry, he ONLY killed the part of his own soul inside Harry without affecting any other thing. I guess that's also a solid evidence that it only affects the soul.

Was that not the plan? The sliver of Tom's soul within Harry had to be expunged - that does not necessitate every attack on every being would result in said being's soul being ripped apart, just that in that particular instance, the killing curse targetted that piece. It was an attack of inevitable causality.

I'm leaning towards soul removal rather than destruction, because you can still go to afterlife or become a ghost after getting killed by killing curse. Any soul manipulation defense should be sufficient enough to survive this, since it has only affected featless souls.

Fair enough. That said, while some of those characters have resisted soul manipulation, others have succumbed to it. Therefore, even though those threads would be quickly locked, with that line of thinking, Tom should still stand a chance against them.

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@morpheus_:

I haven't watched the films since last year (and I have not yet watched Crimes of Grindelwald), but do you roughly recall where/when that was stated? This is strictly film Voldemort and magical beasts being exactly that should not make them immune or resistant on principle.

In the movie? I can't remember... I only remember Newt saying that wizards have more natural resistance against magic than muggles. That's a thing.

That is very true, and we do know that is achieved via murder - but murder splits and tears the soul of the perpetrator. We don't necessarily know if that also applies to the victim. I do agree there is the potential for soul manipulation in the HP-verse. It also does not have to occur exclusively due to the killing curse.

But there's supposed to be some sort of disgusting ritual for it to happen. It also splits your soul into 2, half still inside you and other half latches into something else. All of Voldemort's soul left his body (this doesn't happen with the horcrux ritual), though it still got split apart at the end.

Was that not the plan? The sliver of Tom's soul within Harry had to be expunged - that does not necessitate every attack on every being would result in said being's soul being ripped apart, just that in that particular instance, the killing curse targetted that piece. It was an attack of inevitable causality.

it was a pure coincidence, actually.

I mean, the spell only severed Voldemort's soul from Harry's body, and nothing else. I don't see why this isn't a quite solid evidence.

Fair enough. That said, while some of those characters have resisted soul manipulation, others have succumbed to it. Therefore, even though those threads would be quickly locked, with that line of thinking, Tom should still stand a chance against them.

Also, don't forget that Voldemort can mind control, and possess you.

NiteLite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eobard21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Voldemort

Eri_Joni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hulk intelligence,lack of knowledge and his big size will be his downfall.

johnsmjs36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The killing curse is not just a physical attack but it also attacks the soul. Hulk is not surviving it. So, it is basically a giant angry brute against a guy that can teleport, attack at souls, mind control, transmute, torture you with an attack that can turn you insane, use a fire that will literally eat you, is basically unkillable, break your mind, use illusions, insta kill, etc I don't see how this is fair.

subline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 subline  Online

Avada Kedavra

BreakOfDawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hulk isn't durable enough to survive multiple sectumsempra's, AK's, crucio's, etc. and he can't touch Tom as he'll just disapparate everytime he tries. Hell, if Voldemort needs to he can just use legilimens on him.

Voldemort stomps.

Avatar image for newyorkjetsarecool
newyorkjetsarecool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Voldermort via Imperius curse. If that and killing curses dont win hulk will eventually win

The_Tank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Voldemort wins but come on, sectumsempra isn't doing anything to him. His healing factor is too much.

EmmaFrostXmen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I’ll just say this here

Beings like Galactus have resisted magic thus he wouldn’t get killed. 616 Hulk, 616 Thor, and 616 Thanos have also all resisted magic so they would not get killed

Everyone in the Harry Potter verse has no resistance to magic outside of wands for shield charms. Hulk similar to the others has no magic resistance therefore he dies just like fodder would

Eri_Joni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Since the distance isn't said in the OP,they start 10ft apart so Hulk stomps.

Eredin12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Eredin12

Voldemort stomps