HULK (2003 Hulk Movie) vs Doomsday (DCEU)

SaiHuter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll HULK (2003 Hulk Movie) vs Doomsday (DCEU) (46 votes)

HULK 35%
DOOMSDAY 65%

Rules

•Win by Fatality

•No prior knowledge

Who wins?

• 
KaiThighJu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Unless I'm missing something out in the 2003 movie. Doomsday should win this.

AssertingValor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 65

DD

rajjarsalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gamma bomb feat is far better than the nuke

Hulk stomps

Power_Hunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hulk stomps

How is it better

rajjarsalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rajjarsalt said:

Hulk stomps

How is it better

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Radiation spread suggests 112~ kilotons for a pure radiation bomb, but it can be 750+ for a nuclear one.

I think novel/script confirms the nuclear identity

Power_Hunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rajjarsalt: So what you mean is that Hulk was hit by a 750kt bomb, am I understanding this right?

Ivehuugedeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Doomsday

rajjarsalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rajjarsalt: So what you mean is that Hulk was hit by a 750kt bomb, am I understanding this right?

possibly

even if it was 112 kt it would still be better than DD's feat due to how good the latter's energy absorption is

tsunamiwave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Doomsday

Power_Hunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@power_hunter said:

possibly

even if it was 112 kt it would still be better than DD's feat due to how good the latter's energy absorption is

The fact that he can absorb energy doesn't prohibit him from having durability feats. He has to tank the energy in the first place to absorb it.

The official novelization of the 2003 Hulk movie says that Hulk transformed into Bruce before the nuke hit them and that it was actually his father who was directly hit and killed by it:

The Hulk seemed to dissolve, but Bruce Banner could be glimpsed briefly inside the falling shape as it dropped into the lake. His father, victorious, towered above the mountains. He saw on the horizon a fleet of puny Stealth fighters and jets making their way toward him, and he laughed and laughed, and his laughter resounded like thunder.

Then he paused, and looked down at his stomach. Swirling energy radiated into his whole body making it bigger, bigger. He thrashed about, looking for his son or the Hulk, and began to scowl.

You!” he shouted to no one. “The reaction—you tricked me! Take it back! It’s not stopping!

Nor was it. It spun out of control, the different energies colliding, his body absorbing everything, the moonlight, the air, the wind, and when there was nothing else, his body—seeking new energy sources—found the largest one around: itself. His body literally began to devour itself, the effect flowing from the middle and surging outward, and as the father clutched at himself and screamed and howled, a voice sounded in his head, and it might have been his own, but it sounded like his son’s. And the words—the parting words from his offspring—burned into his fevered consciousness.

. . . things fall apart . . . the center cannot hold . . .

David Banner stumbled to the top of the mountain, and this time he didn’t notice the fighters swiftly approaching from behind.

And in the far, far distance, Thunderbolt Ross looked at his daughter as he gave the final order. “Gentlemen, release.

The thermonuclear missile took off from one of the planes, heading straight for the father who continued to grow and distend in an agony of energy. Something warned him at the last moment, and he turned and saw it coming. For a half-second a grin split his face as he anticipated more energy to absorb, but then he realized, Too much! Too much!

. . . the center cannot hold. Best wishes from this rough beast . . .

The missile struck him and his center shredded and blew apart, unable to contain it, as a massive explosion—an explosion evocative of that which had haunted Bruce and Betty’s dreams for as long as they could remember—engulfed the sky.

Bruce was far from the nuke and the water protected him.

On the other hand Doomsday took the nuke right next to his face.

rajjarsalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By rajjarsalt
@power_hunter said:
@rajjarsalt said:
@power_hunter said:

possibly

The fact that he can absorb energy doesn't prohibit him from having durability feats. He has to tank the energy in the first place to absorb it.

The official novelization of the 2003 Hulk movie says that Hulk transformed into Bruce before the nuke hit them and that it was actually his father who was directly hit and killed by it:

The Hulk seemed to dissolve, but Bruce Banner could be glimpsed briefly inside the falling shape as it dropped into the lake. His father, victorious, towered above the mountains. He saw on the horizon a fleet of puny Stealth fighters and jets making their way toward him, and he laughed and laughed, and his laughter resounded like thunder.

Then he paused, and looked down at his stomach. Swirling energy radiated into his whole body making it bigger, bigger. He thrashed about, looking for his son or the Hulk, and began to scowl.

You!” he shouted to no one. “The reaction—you tricked me! Take it back! It’s not stopping!

Nor was it. It spun out of control, the different energies colliding, his body absorbing everything, the moonlight, the air, the wind, and when there was nothing else, his body—seeking new energy sources—found the largest one around: itself. His body literally began to devour itself, the effect flowing from the middle and surging outward, and as the father clutched at himself and screamed and howled, a voice sounded in his head, and it might have been his own, but it sounded like his son’s. And the words—the parting words from his offspring—burned into his fevered consciousness.

. . . things fall apart . . . the center cannot hold . . .

David Banner stumbled to the top of the mountain, and this time he didn’t notice the fighters swiftly approaching from behind.

And in the far, far distance, Thunderbolt Ross looked at his daughter as he gave the final order. “Gentlemen, release.

The thermonuclear missile took off from one of the planes, heading straight for the father who continued to grow and distend in an agony of energy. Something warned him at the last moment, and he turned and saw it coming. For a half-second a grin split his face as he anticipated more energy to absorb, but then he realized, Too much! Too much!

. . . the center cannot hold. Best wishes from this rough beast . . .

The missile struck him and his center shredded and blew apart, unable to contain it, as a massive explosion—an explosion evocative of that which had haunted Bruce and Betty’s dreams for as long as they could remember—engulfed the sky.

Bruce was far from the nuke and the water protected him.

On the other hand Doomsday took the nuke right next to his face.

"tanking" implies it was expended in the process, when in the movie it very clearly wasn't, as he released it later on Earth

You're missing the forest for the trees - his father was Absorbing Man, he absorbed the Hulk and the nuke hit him straight on, and the Hulk lived

Mentioning Banner is an interesting point tho as it proves Doomsday takes nothing - Banner in various fictions is somewhere close to a nuclear bomb which transforms him into the Hulk, but that doesn't mean he's nuke level at all, it just means his cells absorbed enough radiation to unlock the inner beast inside. Same goes for Sebastian Shaw who has energy absorbing abilities as well, but got killed when he couldn't use them by (due to being mind controlled) by a penny slowly moving thru his head.

uchihaghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Doomsday

Avatar image for breakingthrones
BreakingThrones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Could Doomsday absorb Gamma radiation from the hulk, the same way his dad was trying to? Or am I way off on this one?

MonvieZ3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hulk can kill doomsday anytime(If he can kill but I doubt it),

But once doomsday starts the power creep then hulk are finish.

Claymoore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DOOMSDAY

Power_Hunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rajjarsalt:

I'll have to disagree with you. It's not that Doomsday just absorbs energy. He acts like an sponge, taking damage and absorbing the energy in the process. That's at least how I interpret him. Anyway he scales above Superman so his durability should be above Hulk regardless of the nuke feat, unless you want to say he doesn't scale above Superman in durability because he absorbs energy.

Also, if you say that he can't have durability feats because he absorbs energy, shouldn't then his energy absorption level be his durability level as he absorbs all kind of energies?

You're missing the forest for the trees - his father was Absorbing Man, he absorbed the Hulk and the nuke hit him straight on, and the Hulk lived

I don't get your point. The novel confirms that Hulk transformed into Banner before the nuke hit them

And in the movie we can see Banner after the nuke hit, not Hulk:

Loading Video...

Power_Hunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Could Doomsday absorb Gamma radiation from the hulk, the same way his dad was trying to? Or am I way off on this one?

Doomsday absorbs energy like a sponge, passively. So, no.

GraniteVision

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DCEU DOOMSDAY STOMPS WITH A MASSACRE

he is much stronger much faster and much more durable

lazerbeak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

But if it was Optimus he’d win

lazerbeak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably Doomsday But I lack feats on Hulk

GraniteVision

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@granitevision said:

No Caption Provided

sure

lazerbeak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lazerbeak said:
@granitevision said:

No Caption Provided

sure

Gigachad move

gg bro

Avatar image for breakingthrones
BreakingThrones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@breakingthrones said:

Doomsday absorbs energy like a sponge, passively. So, no.

Yeah I didn't think so. Would have been interesting though.

AllHellKingDox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Doomsday 1 shots this fodder was split open by tank shells come on now Namek would ruin him

Moosixer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Doomsday and it isn’t close at all… 2003 Hulk was in visible pain from get shot by a tank Shell Doomsday no sold a nuke survived reentry and was up like nothing happened oh and let’s not talk about Heat vision that would vape hulk who skin was cut from a standard missile.

Also Doomsday does not absorb energy like that he takes the hit then gets stronger as we seen when he got hit by Diana not only that the nuke from space still lit up the entire sky meaning he didn’t absorb it