Hulk (2003 film) vs Base Thanos (MCU)

#1 Posted by hyperfinn (2610 posts) - - Show Bio

The big green monster Hulk is facing off against the powerful Alien Thanos in a fight to the death.

#2 Posted by imsososorry (776 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos>>>>Mcu Hulk>>2003 hulk

#3 Posted by MethoKi (12576 posts) - - Show Bio

Going with the one caught and bit a missile.

#4 Posted by MattyBoi (1860 posts) - - Show Bio

@methoki said:

Going with the one caught and bit a missile.

So both? Cuz mcu hulk beat abomination who caught a missile and thanos stomped him.

#5 Posted by MethoKi (12576 posts) - - Show Bio

@mattyboi: And Abom got choked out by a chain. Hulk was flexing muscles to break Hulk-dog teeth.

#6 Posted by MattyBoi (1860 posts) - - Show Bio

@methoki said:

@mattyboi: And Abom got choked out by a chain. Hulk was flexing muscles to break Hulk-dog teeth.

?

#7 Posted by CreoleCuddy (990 posts) - - Show Bio

^Lmao

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
#8 Posted by AllStarSuperman (43593 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk

#9 Posted by vjbthe3 (59 posts) - - Show Bio

@mattyboi: you're not wrong, but 03 still has better reactions, hulk was swatting away missiles while running at high speeds himself.

At this point, however, I'd say professor hulks feat of bracing AHQ is equitable to 03 best lifting feat. All 03 hulk has on mcu hulk now is speed, durability, and a superior hf. I'd say they're equal in lifting strength, and mcu has a clear advantage in striking strength.

Thanos might just get wear out before he manages to knock out hulk.

Also a hulked out dog was biting on hulks traps and hulk flexed to break its jaw and subsequently killing it

#10 Posted by imsososorry (776 posts) - - Show Bio

@vjbthe3: 03 Hulk does not have better durability than mcu Hulk. A missed left him bleeding lol. Also the best strength feat for 03 Hulk is throwing a tank which is nothing to Mcu Hulks best feats.

Avatar image for captain_narlowe
#11 Posted by Captain_Narlowe (228 posts) - - Show Bio

Was 2003 Hulk that much stronger?

#12 Posted by Oraculi (6804 posts) - - Show Bio

Honestly no, people are just nostalgic.

#13 Posted by Oraculi (6804 posts) - - Show Bio

He was tho durable af, falling from basically space only get him down for like a minute.

He's almost impossible to ko and get stronger and larger over time faster than MCU Hulk

But irc his strength feats are only on par with Avengers Hulk.

#14 Posted by Captain_Narlowe (228 posts) - - Show Bio
#15 Posted by Oraculi (6804 posts) - - Show Bio

@captain_narlowe: YW, btw when he fell from space he still landed in the water but I mean it doesn't matter that much if he land on dirt does it?

#16 Posted by Captain_Narlowe (228 posts) - - Show Bio

@oraculi: Probably not, water isn't very soft if you fall into it with a lot of speed.

#17 Posted by imsososorry (776 posts) - - Show Bio

@captain_narlowe: @oraculi: Why is falling from “almost” space into water that great of a feat. Mcu hulk fell from the helicarrier onto concrete.

Avatar image for xzenix-everdeen
#18 Posted by Xzenix-Everdeen (3776 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos bitch slaps him.

#19 Posted by Captain_Narlowe (228 posts) - - Show Bio

@imsososorry: Falling from space should mean he was much faster, and concrete would be even less damaging than water with such speed.

#20 Edited by imsososorry (776 posts) - - Show Bio

@captain_narlowe: No not at all. Unless acted upon an outside force gravity will only accelerate an object to around 10m/s and when the jet blew up it accelerated mcu Hulk even faster towards the ground. And I would definitely argue the hitting actual concrete hurts more than landing in water even at that speed.

#21 Posted by vjbthe3 (59 posts) - - Show Bio

@imsososorry: 03 best lifting feat is when he lifted that small building sized rock is tossed a dozen or so feet. The shrapnel thing was when hulk was calm, akin to using hulk getting rocked by hulk buster using a casual punch as a showing a blunt force durability for mcu hulk. 03 hulk took getting hit into and across the sky for miles by living lightning and then shook it off.

#22 Posted by MUVDCU (1057 posts) - - Show Bio

@vjbthe3: Ang Lee Hulks best Strength feat is definitely throwing a 60 ton Tank around a half mile.

#23 Posted by vjbthe3 (59 posts) - - Show Bio

@muvdcu: hulk was bigger than the tank. The rock hulk threw was like 4 to 5x the size of hulk(who's nearly the size a small house), he took it out of the ground, and instead of winding up just straight tossed it. Its a much better strength feat than the tank tossing one

#24 Posted by ElSebbe (453 posts) - - Show Bio
#25 Posted by MUVDCU (1057 posts) - - Show Bio

@vjbthe3: Idk. Based on Granite weights of Boulders and how long that one he threw was it doesn't look like it would weigh more than 80-90 tons. Which is only 20 to 30 tons more than The Tank he threw ridiculously further. Granted he didn't do a huge spin to throw the boulder.

#26 Posted by MUVDCU (1057 posts) - - Show Bio

@vjbthe3: a 5 Foot thick cube of solid Granite would weigh 12500 lbs or 6.25 tons highballing the rock he throws it would be like 80 tons.

#27 Posted by eri123 (3101 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos.

#28 Posted by Zuriel-el (3620 posts) - - Show Bio

thanos

#29 Posted by Namebk (1299 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos

Avatar image for darthvaderrocks
#30 Posted by darthvaderrocks (2212 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos beats him easier than he beat MCU Hulk.

#31 Posted by Zuriel-el (3620 posts) - - Show Bio

thanos

#32 Posted by Gaoron (9547 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos

#33 Edited by imsososorry (776 posts) - - Show Bio

@vjbthe3: That rock Hulk threw was calculated to be about 214 tons of force which is still tiny compared to stoping an armored space whale in its tracks with 1 punch. Also Mcu hulk was calming down before he got hit by the hulk buster. Mcu Hulk also took a upper cut from mjolnir (which has the ability to level a section a forest), another hit from Thor that sent him flying through metal half way across an arena, and a lightning amped hit Thor that created a huge shock wave. All of which he shook off.

#34 Posted by vjbthe3 (59 posts) - - Show Bio
@muvdcu said:

@vjbthe3: a 5 Foot thick cube of solid Granite would weigh 12500 lbs or 6.25 tons highballing the rock he throws it would be like 80 tons.

@vjbthe3: That rock Hulk threw was calculated to be about 214 tons of force

Guys I'm not too into calculating, but Hulk is taller than small houses.

No Caption Provided

Yet the rock he tosses dwarfs him

No Caption Provided

This is what I got when I looked up 80 ton rock.

No Caption Provided

This thing is smaller than the rock Hulk threw. I don't know how to calculate. SO I don't know where this 214 number came from. or how much weight they estimated the rock Hulk threw weighed. Was definitely more than 80 tons though.

still tiny compared to stoping an armored space whale in its tracks with 1 punch.

1. It's a striking feat. MCU Hulk's best lifting feat was bracing Avengers HQ with a broken arm. Very comparable if not superior to 03 Hulks Rock feat imo 2. An armored whale that's incalculable. Seeing as it's a flying alien spaceship, that defies physics. Still much more impressive than any striking feat 03 Hulk has though.

Also Mcu hulk was calming down before he got hit by the hulk buster.

Yes this was my point, you mentioned Hulk getting hurt by shrapnel. I mentioned MCU Hulk getting one shot by hulkbuster. Have you seen the scene where Hulk got cut by shrapnel?

Loading Video...

Hulk was chilling, alone, in the middle of a flashback. When a missile that blew up a small building block exploded a dozen feet from his face. He was as calm as Hulk could be. And it was a scene meant to explicitly show off his healing factor.

Mcu Hulk also took a upper cut from mjolnir (which has the ability to level a section a forest), another hit from Thor that sent him flying through metal half way across an arena, and a lightning amped hit Thor that created a huge shock wave. All of which he shook off.

None of that compares to getting launched miles by a guy who had just absorbed a cities worth of electricity

Loading Video...

03 Hulk is still faster, more durable, has a better HF, and is comparable in lifting strength.

#35 Posted by MattyBoi (1860 posts) - - Show Bio

@vjbthe3 said:
@muvdcu said:

@imsososorry said:

@vjbthe3: That rock Hulk threw was calculated to be about 214 tons of force

Guys I'm not too into calculating, but Hulk is taller than small houses.

No Caption Provided

Yet the rock he tosses dwarfs him

No Caption Provided

This is what I got when I looked up 80 ton rock.

No Caption Provided

This thing is smaller than the rock Hulk threw. I don't know how to calculate. SO I don't know where this 214 number came from. or how much weight they estimated the rock Hulk threw weighed. Was definitely more than 80 tons though.

@imsososorry said:

still tiny compared to stoping an armored space whale in its tracks with 1 punch.

1. It's a striking feat. MCU Hulk's best lifting feat was bracing Avengers HQ with a broken arm. Very comparable if not superior to 03 Hulks Rock feat imo 2. An armored whale that's incalculable. Seeing as it's a flying alien spaceship, that defies physics. Still much more impressive than any striking feat 03 Hulk has though.

Also Mcu hulk was calming down before he got hit by the hulk buster.

Yes this was my point, you mentioned Hulk getting hurt by shrapnel. I mentioned MCU Hulk getting one shot by hulkbuster. Have you seen the scene where Hulk got cut by shrapnel?

Loading Video...

Hulk was chilling, alone, in the middle of a flashback. When a missile that blew up a small building block exploded a dozen feet from his face. He was as calm as Hulk could be. And it was a scene meant to explicitly show off his healing factor.

Mcu Hulk also took a upper cut from mjolnir (which has the ability to level a section a forest), another hit from Thor that sent him flying through metal half way across an arena, and a lightning amped hit Thor that created a huge shock wave. All of which he shook off.

None of that compares to getting launched miles by a guy who had just absorbed a cities worth of electricity

Loading Video...

03 Hulk is still faster, more durable, has a better HF, and is comparable in lifting strength.

When did that happen?

#36 Posted by imsososorry (776 posts) - - Show Bio

@mattyboi: I got my numbers from this video https://youtu.be/8N2sdtsOZzI The sources are in the description.

Also the shrapnel couldn’t have been any more powerful the a high caliber bullet and yet it still cut him. The punch from the hulk buster armor put out tons of force and that is the only time we see him injured other than Thanos. As for speed. 03 only has travel speed that we can see is superior than mcu hulk, and travel speed isn’t helpful in a cqc fight.

#37 Posted by vjbthe3 (59 posts) - - Show Bio

@mattyboi: when he was calming down. Thus why I mentioned using shrapnel as an example of a low durability isn't accurate to the character. He was calm. It's equitable to Hulk getting knocked out by the Hulk buster.

@mattyboi: I got my numbers from this video https://youtu.be/8N2sdtsOZzI The sources are in the description.

He neither does the work on screen, nor is their any source in the description that defines how he got that number... He just sort of threw it out there.

Also the shrapnel couldn’t have been any more powerful the a high caliber bullet and yet it still cut him.

The whole movie he no sells high caliber bullets. The explosion blew up a building block and he was as calm as possible. Unlike MCU Hulk who was starting to get angry again.

The punch from the hulk buster armor put out tons of force and that is the only time we see him injured other than Thanos.

He got injured plenty of times. That was the only other time he was ko'd. Unlike 03 Hulk... who was never ko'd.

As for speed. 03 only has travel speed that we can see is superior than mcu hulk, and travel speed isn’t helpful in a cqc fight.

No he doesn't. He also has superior reaction feats.

No Caption Provided

Abom and MCU Hulk might have caught missiles. Hulk's caught missiles and swatted them out of the sky while moving at high speeds himself towards said missiles.

#38 Posted by imsososorry (776 posts) - - Show Bio

@vjbthe3: @mattyboi: Also I watched the scene when he get cut by shrapnel. The hulk was still in his largest form meaning he was at his peak strength and durability. He was also hurt by tank shells and that happened while the battle was going on so even if he wasn’t sufficiently angry when the explosion happened he would’ve been at that moment.

#39 Posted by uchihaghost (1046 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos, not is portrayed to be aboveMCU hulk casually, and he was taking on Fat thor and co, and stomping them, I doubt 03 Hulk can take on those 3.

#40 Posted by Mr-Otaku (974 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos is just as powerful and more skilled. Even if Thanos is less powerful, he can still make up for it with his skills as opposed to Hulk whose attacks are juvenile and easily predictable.