Dredeuced

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Dredeuced

1) Gorgon (Godkiller Blade)

2) Liara T'soni (Full level adept, Carnifex hand cannon, Geth SMG, Standard Armor)

3) Alita (TUNED Body, Damascus Blades, Pistol, Heavy Rifle, Knives, Grenades -- Frag, Smoke, Flashbang, Incendiary, EMP and Arachnos, Firefly, Mono Molecular Wire, Probe Lice, Missile Bees) -- has Gabriel Support Satellite and Mobile Unit

4) Isaac Netero (No Rose)

1) Master Chief (Halo 4) Plasma Sword, All Forunner Weapons, Sticky Grenades, Frag Grenades. 1 perk at a time, including:

• Hologram
  • Autosentry
  • Regeneration Field
  • Promethean Vision
  • Active Camo
  • Thruster Pack

2) Samurai Jack (Light Regular Armor, Sword, Bows & Arrows, Adamantium Gauntlet)

3) Scorpion (MK)

4) Jamie Madrox

Battle Field

No Caption Provided

Dredeuced starts behind Garage YourNeighborhoodComicGeek behind the Oil Truck

Prep: Both Teams get 45 Minuet Prep to study the map and a basic roster on the enemy team.

In Character

Teams will work together

No BFR

Death or KO

Perks

Each team can have 2 members choose the following Perks.

Super Carbonadium Weapon Upgrade. Hand Weapons are Indestructible and Slow Healing Factors. This applies to Projectiles (Guns and Ammo, Bows and Arrows, Batarangs, ect) as well.

Magic Psy Shield. Your character can have immunity to all Psychic attack and powers. Includes Illusion Casting, Status Changers (Poison, Blindness, ect), Magic attacks, and Time Manipulation as well.

Mijnor Armor. Characters gains a version of Halo (First Game) Master Chief Armor with Shields. Only the Durability Enhancement Applies.

The Venom, Banshee, and Red Eye Drug. Gain Wolverine's Healing Factor and Senses. Gain Bane's strength added onto yours. Gain Bullet Speed onto your own. The strength and Speed Benefit WILL Legally put you past the set stats! As In you will be stronger and Faster than the limits if your character is already at the limit.

-----------------

I had to make the topic so if you want to swap starting positions (I just put mine first because I knew how to type it lol) I'd be more than willing. I have to look up on your character feats before I decide my perks. Good luck!

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Pokergeist

It worked your in.

Dredeuced

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Dredeuced

Yeah, I tried to repost it when it gave me the 500 error and made two threads. We'll be using this one

Dredeuced

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Dredeuced

Question : If your character is a cyborg (IE most of their body save for their brain is mechanical), would the regeneration perk work on them?

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Pokergeist

@Dredeuced said:

Question : If your character is a cyborg (IE most of their body save for their brain is mechanical), would the regeneration perk work on them?

Hell; yeah. why not. T-1000 style lol.

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

@CadenceV2: You forgot to put that Chief has numerous perks from the games (he just can't use all of them at once).

Dredeuced

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Dredeuced

I'm the OP so you might want to tell me so I can edit them in...? Or just, in your character rundown, list the perks.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Dredeuced said:

I'm the OP so you might want to tell me so I can edit them in...? Or just, in your character rundown, list the perks.

Oh, okay.

• Hologram
  • Autosentry
  • Regeneration Field
  • Promethean Vision
  • Active Camo
  • Thruster Pack

As for the actual perks, I'll have Jamie Madrox have the Mjolnir Armor perk. Not sure for my second perk. Does Magic Psy Shield work for Liara's biotic powers?

Dredeuced

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Dredeuced

I'd classify biotics as similar to psychic telekinesis, though there are some major differences. Cadence's call. Might want to throw him an to get a response.

edit: I've editted in those perks, but are they the power ups he picks up in the field? I know some like active camo and such are, I'm just not familiar with the game mechanics after Halo 2. Is he able to cycle between them or would he just get to pick one at the start of a battle to stick with?

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Pokergeist

Liaras Power are under that category. Also for the Shield Perk. Jacks sword will still work, its a indestructible blade. The Shield is more for direct magic attacks rather than Magic Buffs.

Example the Sword Magic ( if weak to Magic) will not harm you as a magic blade. Just a Blade. However it does not lose its magical buff of being razor edge and indestructible.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Dredeuced said:

edit: I've editted in those perks, but are they the power ups he picks up in the field? I know some like active camo and such are, I'm just not familiar with the game mechanics after Halo 2. Is he able to cycle between them or would he just get to pick one at the start of a battle to stick with?

No those are Halo 4 Armor Abilities, and he has those implanted into his armor. However, he can only use one at a time (and they have to recharge for a couple seconds after each use).

@CadenceV2 said:

Liaras Power are under that category. Also for the Shield Perk. Jacks sword will still work, its a indestructible blade. The Shield is more for direct magic attacks rather than Magic Buffs.

Example the Sword Magic ( if weak to Magic) will not harm you as a magic blade. Just a Blade. However it does not lose its magical buff of being razor edge and indestructible.

Okay I will have Jamie Madrox have Mjolnir Perk and Samurai Jack have the Magic Psy Shield perk.

Dredeuced

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Dredeuced

I will give both Alita and Isaac the The Venom, Banshee, and Red Eye Drug perk.

Avatar image for bluelantern1995
BlueLantern1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 26

#13  Edited By BlueLantern1995

From what I"m seeing now it looks like YourNeighborhoodComicGeek has the edge but we'll see...

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#14  Edited By sirfizzwhizz

looks like Daws is in this tourney too. of course he'd pick HALO Master chief lol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@SirFizzWhizz said:

looks like Daws is in this tourney too. of course he'd pick HALO Master chief lol

Shut up Evert xD

Dredeuced

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Dredeuced

Time for a character rundown! I will give you the basic info that your characters get 45 minutes of prep for. I won't start listing a bunch of feats, but here's the basic gist of my characters:

Gorgon

No Caption Provided
  • Gorgon's mutant powers give him magical eyes capable of turning enemies to stone if they look directly into them. For safety and pride based reasons, he wears a mask to cover them unless he intentionally wants to use the ability
  • Gorgon's mutant powers allow him superhuman strength, speed, and reaction time
  • Gorgon's mutant power gives him superhuman regenerative capabilities -- equivalent to the regeneration part of the fourth perk your characters would be aware of
  • Gorgon is considered one of the most skilled martial artists and sword wielders in his world (As a fellow mutant, Madrox should atleast be vaguely aware of Tomi's reputation)
  • Gorgon has a genius level intellect in several fields of art, science and combat
  • Gorgon has moderate mutant telepathy/empathy, able to read his opponents thoughts and emotions in combat
  • Gorgon's Godkiller is a magical sword sword of undefined strength and sharpness. The name is not for show.

Liara T'soni

No Caption Provided
  • Liara is an asari, capable of using Biotics to produce mass effect fields. While similar to telekinesis, Biotics grant a larger array of specific uses besides telekinetically affect things. Also used to increase abilities to superhuman levels.
  • Seasoned combatant of many dangerous fights. Excels in working with a team due to her Biotics
  • Futuristic gear, including a plasma shooting SMG, high powered anti-armor pistol, armor capable of producing it's own mass effect shields, and an omni tool that is useful for scanning and, if necessary, acting as a sort of gauntlet to increase striking power.

Alita/Gally

No Caption Provided
  • Alita is a futuristic Cyborg with a special TUNED body that greatly enhances her physical abilities and senses to superhuman levels.
  • She has a vast array of armaments, including a very high powered Pistol and Rifle, several kinds of grenades, and various drones that can perform a multitude of tasks, a molecularly sharp diamond wire and a large Damascus blade made out of a specially hardened steel.
  • Alita is a world famous athlete and fighter on her planet and is the lone practitioner and master of a long dead martial art that uses vibrations to increase attack power, and is extremely skilled in sword combat with her Damascus blade
  • Alita comes with a special vehicle called Mobile Unit. A single wheeled cycle capable of high speeds and individual scouting and moving.
  • Alita is assisted by her Gabriel Support System, a high altitude/low orbit support drone that gives her scouting information and supply drops. (Has a high powered laser but it is disabled for this tournament as I thought it would be vastly unfair to shoot people from the atmosphere, lol)

Isaac Netero

No Caption Provided
  • Netero is the president of the Hunter Organization, a group of elite persons of great skill who individually hunt "something."
  • Netero is an incredibly skilled and aged combatant, widely considered one of the greatest fighters in the known world.
  • Netero is considered one of, if not the, greatest practitioners of Nen in the world. Nen is the life aura all living beings have, and Nen practitioner's can use it to do a wide variety of things, including increasing their physical abilities and senses to seemingly superhuman levels, strengthening or weakening objects, or even hiding themselves supernaturally.
  • Master practitioners of Nen are able to manifest it into their specialty using Hatsu. While the specific classification of Netero's Hatsu is unknown, the form it takes is a massive, multi-armed religious construct named Hyakushiki Kannon (100-Type Guanyin Bodhisattva) that he controls in combat.

That's my basic character rundown

. I don't think anything I've left out (basically feats detailing their abilities, attacks, or weaknesses) would be covered in basic info.

Dredeuced

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Dredeuced

Bleh I'm terrible at using the formatting on this, hold on I'll spruce it up, lol.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alright I'll give you basic information on my characters too!

Master Chief

• Kidnapped as a small child and began extremely tough military training on Planet Reach at a very young age (approximately 7 years of age). He was one of the best SPARTANS, being well balanced in overall statistics and having an unbelievable amount of luck that helps him in perilous situations.
  • Has sophisticated MJOLNIR armor that has been upgraded throughout the ages. From Halo : Combat Evolved to Halo 3, the armor has consistent feats of incredible durability, as well as various different combat modules such as active camouflage, thermal/heat vision, jet packs, and more.
  • Trained from the start with war/combat tactics as well as strategies, and different martial arts that he has used to disable Covenant Elites in hand-to-hand combat.
  • Underwent numerous augmentations and implants that made him have above Olympic Athlete physique (as well as gifted intellect) as a mere teenager.

Samurai Jack

• Wields a blade crafted by the gods Odin, Ra, and Vishnu. The sword is also capable of killing a nigh-omnipotent, time/reality warping, shape-shifting being named Aku. The sword is also enchanted so that it can break anything, and cannot be wielded by anyone who's heart or soul is tainted by evil.
  • Started training at a very young age (5 years of age or so) since his entire village was killed by Aku when he returned. He has been trained (and surpassed) by Shaolin Monks, Robin Hood, Roman/Greek warriors, African American bo-staff masters, and more. He's also picked up fighting techniques from his various adventures in the future.
  • Although he is only a human, he has displayed countless superhuman feats throughout the series, such as fighting a humongous robot that nuked an entire city.
  • Gifted intellect, as he was mentally trained to know battle tactics and instructed by the smartest Egyptian teachers (and even learned their language).

Scorpion

• Master in numerous hand-to-hand combat forms, including (but not limited to) Hapkido, Pi Gua, and Moi Fah. He has beaten and killed Sub-Zero on-panel in comics before, as well as numerous other Mortal Kombatants.
  • Contains an impressive arsenal of hellfire weapons, such as a kunai-tipped flexible spear, a legendary katana called Mugai Ryu that has eternal flames on it, dual-back up katanas, shurikens, as well as protective palette wear.
  • Since he is not actually alive (he is resurrected and is a spirit of revenge), he is practically immune to mental attacks. On top of this, he has hellish abilities, such as hellfire manipulation, skull that can spew flames, teleportation, ability to open hell-portals for a short period of time, and ability to turn into a giant, literal scorpion.
  • Scorpion himself is immune to fire, as well as hellfires.
  • Always tries to exploit his opponents weaknesses and kill them in the most brutal way possible.

Jamie Madrox

• Adept/experienced in hand-to-hand combat, as he was trained as a Shaolin Monk for an extended period of time. He was also an in the Olympic gymnastics team for years, an escape artist, lockpicker, attorney, and in-depth knowledge of the human anatomy.
  • Duplicates at any form of kinetic energy, and can even control his own duplication. He can absorb his own duplicates to heal himself or gain their own independent knowledge. He can clone himself while holding objects, so if he has a jacket or knife with him, that will duplicate as well.
  • The Duplicates are automatically uninjured when they appear, so even if a Jamie Madrox clone duplicates himself and has his left arm missing, the duplicate will be unscathed.
  • All duplicates have independent mind-sets, so they can work as a single unit. However, they also follow instructions of the first and original Jamie Madrox. If the original dies, another will replace him as the "original" Multiple Man.
Dredeuced

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Dredeuced

I know this is gonna sound a little sad, but I'm new here and the way these posts format utterly baffles me. Everytime I upload an image and put it at anything smaller than large, it forces the rest of my text to be directly besides the picture, and this really annoys me. How do I get around that?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Dredeuced said:

I know this is gonna sound a little sad, but I'm new here and the way these posts format utterly baffles me. Everytime I upload an image and put it at anything smaller than large, it forces the rest of my text to be directly besides the picture, and this really annoys me. How do I get around that?

Copy and paste pictures instead of uploading them. I tried uploading pictures when I first joined and it was horrid.

If you want side-by-side scan format, click "Image", then URL address, and side-by-side format.

For example :

Avatar image for deactivated-607949e25bdb6
deactivated-607949e25bdb6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Without any comment on the battle itself can I just state that I'm loving the fact that HunterxHunter is getting some love.

Dredeuced

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Dredeuced

Okay, guess I'll go first. While my team doesn't have any abilities that are particularly great to use during the prep, Alita is my early MVP, as I believe she outclasses everyone here in both scouting and terrain control. For scouting, she can even spy on your prep using Gabriel, as seen here:

It would even allow her to assess your gear from a basic standpoint.

After that, the obvious middle point in the arena is the refinery and the surrounding architecture, with my team following, she'll rush there on her Mobile Unit bike, presumably faster than anyone else here can travel (200km/h travel speed) and unleash arachnobot booby traps and lice probes, like this:

Through this method, my team seeks to secure the refinery enclosure and set your team in disarray if they try to rush in. At this point, Alita will have a prime sniping position, and she has ungodly aim, able to tag a guy in the head at over 100m or shoot another bullet speed pellet out of the sky here:

She's got several other great aim feats, but those should suffice to allow her to tag most of your party besides Jack(who could block the shot no matter how good her aim is) and maybe Scorpion (not sure on his reflex feats). Concerning the damage her pistol can do, while you saw it melt through that guy's titanium head and hand, it also does this:

Her rifle is even more powerful, though it doesn't have the wall exploding feat the pistol has because she uses it less, it HAS completely annihilated a motorcycle with one shot despite having automatic fire(I can post scans if you want, I'd just have to look them up if you can't take my word for it), so her TUNED weaponry is definitely some of the higher powered weapons allowed in the tourney.

I haven't mentioned my other characters because with Alita's Mobile Unit, she should be able to set this all up well before anyone on either team can secure the position. Presumably, after that, the rest of my team and your team should be able to close the distance (by whatever means yours deals with the suppressing fire), with my team stationing on the high ground. At this point, Liara can start throwing singularities and firing her shots to add to the suppression, while Alita can unleash some Missile Bees to attack.

And here are the missile bees, several high speed, tracking drones that explode with the force of a grenade, despite being much smaller and harder to detect:

And here's a demonstration of Singularity(Aria is showing it but Liara has the same power and ability) -- an artificial gravity construct that sucks in targets within several meters of it and explodes violently. It has higher firing range than this (about 20m), this is just to show the explosive effect:

Note that all my characters are capable of high jumping/levitating through various means, so there should be no issue with my more melee centric characters reaching the top to support Alita. I haven't gone into detail about Netero and Gorgon taking on your team because who they respond and fight will be determined by how your team addresses the situation. That said, Netero and Gorgon WILL be running defense until your team finds a way through/around the suppressive fire and traps. Both have great defensive abilities (Netero's construct can easily block and tank bullets and energy weapons without issue, while Gorgon obviously provides his stone stare and bullet deflection of his own), but until they are needed to go into direct combat, I won't dump more scans.

That's my first salvo! Duly waiting your response.

Dredeuced

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Dredeuced

@Pwok21 said:

Without any comment on the battle itself can I just state that I'm loving the fact that HunterxHunter is getting some love.

Netero is a badass old man. :D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Dredeuced said:

Okay, guess I'll go first. While my team doesn't have any abilities that are particularly great to use during the prep, Alita is my early MVP, as I believe she outclasses everyone here in both scouting and terrain control. For scouting, she can even spy on your prep using Gabriel, as seen here:

It would even allow her to assess your gear from a basic standpoint.

: Is spying on the other team's prep time and sabotaging their equipment pre-battle allowed?

Anyways, if that is allowed, Scorpion could just open a portal to hell and take his teammates, as well as their equipment and prep there. They would just return to the battlefield once the fight starts.

Scorpion using hell-portals

And yes he can do that without defeating the enemy first because I'm using the Expanded Universe version of Scorpion. Scorpion could also just teleport to your team's destination (he could ask where your team was using Chief's radar), borrow Chief's active camouflage perk, and spy on your team without them even knowing.

Scorpion teleporting

Also with a basic bio Chief would know about Gabriel, and being a military stategist, he'd automatically use his jet-pack, fly up to Gabriel, and take it out. Also, if Gabriel is allowed, shouldn't Cortana be too? If Cortana is allowed Gabriel is outclassed. Cortana was made around the year 2550 + and can easily hack into Covenant space-ships.

John-117 using jetpack in space (Skip to 0:56)

After that, the obvious middle point in the arena is the refinery and the surrounding architecture, with my team following, she'll rush there on her Mobile Unit bike, presumably faster than anyone else here can travel (200km/h travel speed) and unleash arachnobot booby traps and lice probes, like this:

Actually Master Chief ran half a kilometer in 17 seconds with a torn Achilles tendon.

So, let's do some quick calculations!

Alita :

200 kilometers in one hour with a vehicle

Chief :

0.5 kilometers in 17 seconds = 1 kilometer in 34 seconds

There are 3,600 seconds in an hour. So doing some quick calculations, 34 seconds/3,600 seconds is about 105 kilometers in an hour. And this is Chief with a torn Achilles tendon after taking splash damage from a point-blank SPNKr rocket missile...without a vehicle...

Also, those arachnobots aren't going to be much help when Multiple Man/Jamie Madrox comes, and the bots will, instinctively, attack him, causing him to multiply even more. More Jamie Madrox = More trouble.

Multiple Man taking down The Thing with sheer numbers

Overwhelming Wolverine

Overwhelming regular street thug

Tanking (and duplicating from) Cyclops' optic blast

Through this method, my team seeks to secure the refinery enclosure and set your team in disarray if they try to rush in. At this point, Alita will have a prime sniping position, and she has ungodly aim, able to tag a guy in the head at over 100m or shoot another bullet speed pellet out of the sky here:

That's actually quite impressive. However, it's nothing Chief can't do.

Linda-058, a SPARTAN-II, who was the main team sniper, was incredibly superb. Chief, being the best SPARTAN-II, could roughly compare to these type of feats :

- From Halo : First Strike (pg.321 original edition)

"The Chief craned his head back and saw the pilot of the lead Banshee slump, slide off the flier, and plummet to the ground. The trailing Banshee was riderless as well… only a blood-splattered cockpit and cowling.
Linda still had him covered-had taken out both pilots with precise fire. She had to be close.”

- From Halo : First Strike (pg. 322 original edition)

"The triangular marker centered on a rope that ran between two transit tubes and dangled perilously close to the high-intensity light beam. It was a barely discernable thread that ran through a hard shadow cast by a nearby catwalk. John hit his image enhancers. Through the glare of the light, and in the depths of the shadow, he caught the flicker of reflected optics. Linda used both the brilliant light and the darkness to hide. John angled the Banshee to her. He clipped the tether line from his belt to the frame of the Banshee and squeezed his thighs tighter onto the seat. When he was thirty meters away, he made visual contact. Linda had the rope coiled about a boot and wrapped about one forearm. She held her sniper rifle in one arm, and John could only surmise that she had been firing from such an impossible position."

So yeah Chief is definitely not a slacker when it comes to aiming. He's also got 20 millisecond + reaction times.

Also states here that his MJOLNIR armor increases his general statistics by a factor of five.

She's got several other great aim feats, but those should suffice to allow her to tag most of your party besides Jack(who could block the shot no matter how good her aim is) and maybe Scorpion (not sure on his reflex feats). Concerning the damage her pistol can do, while you saw it melt through that guy's titanium head and hand, it also does this:

Scorpion, on the other hand, can consistently dodge Stryker's modern weaponry, so he won't have a problem with that. He's also evaded energy blasts, hell-fire beams, lava, swords, arrows, and other type of weaponry without much difficulty.

Madrox (or his duplicates) won't really be affected by any bullet-fire if he'd just duplicate from it, so shooting him or his clones would just generate more of him.

Plus even if anything goes wrong I'm pretty sure Jack could cover the team considering his amazing speed.

And that is Jack when he is calm. He's not even in his epic mode where he's extremely determined to get his goals done.

Her rifle is even more powerful, though it doesn't have the wall exploding feat the pistol has because she uses it less, it HAS completely annihilated a motorcycle with one shot despite having automatic fire(I can post scans if you want, I'd just have to look them up if you can't take my word for it), so her TUNED weaponry is definitely some of the higher powered weapons allowed in the tourney.

While pretty destructive, it's nothing my characters haven't faced.

Jack facing off against Mondo-Bot, a robot that nuked an entire city and is taller than the tallest skyscraper

Master Chief in Halo 4 went against far more powerful weapons. He does battle with Prometheans/Forerunners and the Didact, who both have molecular-level weapons. His MJOLNIR armor alone has tanked some of these punishing blows, and thanks to the Librarian upgrading him in Halo 4, he can pretty much go through most damage unscathed.

Forerunner Weapons

Librarian upgrading John

Scorpion consistently tanks hellfire, which is hell's version of fire where it is more powerful, painful, and lasts a lot longer, if not eternally. He even has a move where he sets himself on fire.

Scorpion using "Inner Flames" (skip to 0:06)

I haven't mentioned my other characters because with Alita's Mobile Unit, she should be able to set this all up well before anyone on either team can secure the position. Presumably, after that, the rest of my team and your team should be able to close the distance (by whatever means yours deals with the suppressing fire), with my team stationing on the high ground. At this point, Liara can start throwing singularities and firing her shots to add to the suppression, while Alita can unleash some Missile Bees to attack. And here are the missile bees, several high speed, tracking drones that explode with the force of a grenade, despite being much smaller and harder to detect:

Well to counter your team getting too near my team, I could have Chief unleash these babies.

Halo 4 Auto-Sentry

After putting that on the field, he could switch to Hologram, and trick your team into thinking that the Hologram is the real Master Chief. Don't forget that Jamie Madrox has the MJOLNIR armor perk, so there will be countless Jamie Madrox's in that armor rushing at you from different sides.

Holograms

So yeah, you first have an Auto-Sentry delaying your progress, then after that, you have a bunch of decoy Holograms and Jamie Madrox clones in MJOLNIR armor swarming your team from numerous sides. Your team would be confused and disorientated, leaving an opening for my team to strike. I mean, think about it, they could be utterly confused. They see a large group of SPARTANS coming at them, and they attack them. Some of them simply walk through them, while the others duplicate as they hit them!

For the Singularities, Samurai Jack is already immune to those, so he could take out Liara pretty quickly. How? Well I'm confident Jack could do it on his own form his sheer speed (as you can see from his his Vs. Bounty Hunters) video, but to assure it, I'm letting Scorpion assist Jack by opening portals right behind Liara, letting Jack ambush her, and being immune to the Singularity effects. Also Scorpion could open his own portals to counter Liara's Singularities.

Samurai Jack defeating 3 Archers who had previously defeated Aku's huge army. They wielded magic arrows that almost never missed their target.

• Proof that the 3 Archers alone took down a huge army (Skip to 1:43 - 2:30 and 2:49 - 4:00)
  • Samurai Jack dodging an arrow effortlessly with his toes (Skip to 2:36)
  • Samurai Jack deflecting and dodging hundreds of arrows (Skip to 4:00)
  • Samurai Jack blindfolding himself to dodge arrows. He could do this with Gorgon and not risk being turned into stone. (Skip to 4:20)

Don't forget to mute the video (unless you like the music)

So yeah, while Liara and Alita are kept busy by Jamie Madrox MJOLNIR clones and Master Chief holograms, they will be flanked by Samurai Jack. Meanwhile, the real Master Chief will lead a brigade of another group of Jamie Madrox (as well as the real Jamie Madrox) MJOLNIR clones and Scorpion to fight Gorgon and Netero.

Oh and don't let any of the Madrox clones get on your teammates or else....

Multiple Man duplicating himself inside another creature

The Missile Bees and bullets, again, won't do anything but strengthen my numbers with more and more Madrox clones. HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA *cough cough*

Ahem....moving on...

And here's a demonstration of Singularity(Aria is showing it but Liara has the same power and ability) -- an artificial gravity construct that sucks in targets within several meters of it and explodes violently. It has higher firing range than this (about 20m), this is just to show the explosive effect:

Again, Scorpion can open even more portals and counter your Singularities. Also Scorpion can throw his chains through the hell-portals and take down Liara/Alita. Also if any of your teammates are sucked into the portal, they're pretty much dead unless Scorpion allows them to live (highly against his morals) since you're literally going to hell.

If your teammate(s) gets tagged by Scorpion's portals, they would get pulled in and the result wouldn't look any better than this :

Note that all my characters are capable of high jumping/levitating through various means, so there should be no issue with my more melee centric characters reaching the top to support Alita. I haven't gone into detail about Netero and Gorgon taking on your team because who they respond and fight will be determined by how your team addresses the situation. That said, Netero and Gorgon WILL be running defense until your team finds a way through/around the suppressive fire and traps. Both have great defensive abilities (Netero's construct can easily block and tank bullets and energy weapons without issue, while Gorgon obviously provides his stone stare and bullet deflection of his own), but until needed to go into direct combat, I want dump more scans.

That's my first salvo! Duly waiting your response.

Your team aren't the only ones with high jumping abilities.

Samurai Jack surprising a nigh-omnipotent being with his jumping ability

Also I previously already established that Master Chief can just use his jetpack for aerial combat, so that's no problem.

Scorpion could just teleport up in the sky, or open a portal up there.

As for Netero's construct, I think that would be easily countered by hundreds of Jamie Madrox MJOLNIR clones swarming your team, countless Holograms for disorientation, constant flanking thanks to Scorpions teleportation/portal skills, and Jack's incredible speed.

Ooooh, and I almost forgot to say something. Gorgon's state is near useless against my team. Why so?

Well you see, Master Chief's visor is shiny, so Gorgon would see his own reflection in John's visor, and we all know how this went down with Wolverine's claws.

Yeah....

Well what about Scorpion? Nope. No chances there either. Scorpion has no eyes.

Samurai Jack? Well with a basic bio, he'd already be blindfolded at the start of the fight.

Jamie Madrox? Okay that may be the only exception, but there would be so many duplicates it would be dang near ineffective.

Oh, and I forgot to do my basic plan.

Well, at the start of the battle, Jack is going to give Madrox his sword, and Scorpion is going to give Madrox his legendary Mugai Ryu sword. Then, Madrox will slap himself a whole bunch of times (with the help of Jack's own awesome speed), and because Madrox duplicates at every kinetic energy (maybe minus walking), he'd make a whole bunch of clones of himself with MJOLNIR armor, a Samurai Jack sword, and Mugai Ryu sword. Heck, he could give back a sword each for Jack and Scorpion, and they would dual-wield their own respective swords. That's right : two God-made, enchanted swords for Jack to dual-wield, and two eternally flaming Mugai Ryu katana's for Scorpion.

As for comic book feats for both Chief and Jack :

Samurai Jack

Master Chief

Alright that's my opener!

Dredeuced

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Dredeuced

Nice post! I'm editing out some of the scans and videos to save on space and, well, my own sanity in dealing with the formatting, lol. Sorry if this inconveniences any readers!

Is spying on the other team's prep time and sabotaging their equipment pre-battle allowed?
Anyways, if that is allowed, Scorpion could just open a portal to hell and take his teammates, as well as their equipment and prep there. They would just return to the battlefield once the fight starts.
And yes he can do that without defeating the enemy first because I'm using the Expanded Universe version of Scorpion. Scorpion could also just teleport to your team's destination (he could ask where your team was using Chief's radar), borrow Chief's active camouflage perk, and spy on your team without them even knowing.
Scorpion teleporting

A few things: First, I said nothing about sabotage, that would be taking aggressive action during preptime. Secondly, I'm questioning both his ability to teleport where he can't see using only radar, his ability to take others harmlessly into his portal (he's a hellfire dude, aren't his portals a little dangerous?). I understand you said extended universe, but I'd like proof that he's done these things. Also, is his teleporting soundless/motionless/effectless? You could give Nightcrawler active camo and everyone would still see and hear the bamf. Finally, you said earlier in the thread that Chief's perks are upgrades included in his armor -- are you saying he gives Scorpion his armor and teaches him how to use its complex systems in a few seconds before he sets out spying on my team's prep and THEN comes back just before prep ends, gives him all the information, then puts him back in the armor? I'm highly dubious of this counter strategy. That said, my preptime isn't actively super important, just precautionary. As soon as the fight starts Gabriel would still have its eyes on the field and would give my team the proper info.

Also with a basic bio Chief would know about Gabriel, and being a military stategist, he'd automatically use his jet-pack, fly up to Gabriel, and take it out. Also, if Gabriel is allowed, shouldn't Cortana be too? If Cortana is allowed Gabriel is outclassed. Cortana was made around the year 2550 + and can easily hack into Covenant space-ships.

Uh, using a jetpack in space does not mean you can fly from the Earth's surface into space to attack a drone. I agree that Chief would be able to survive and maneuver in a Zero G vacuum once he got there, but otherwise this is an nvalid feat for the action you're trying to accomplish. Show me Chief taking off past the mesosphere from the ground with his jetpack and you have an argument. That said, two statements down, you state that Chief would come close to matching Alita's blitz to the top of the tower, he obviously can't do both of these things.

Alita :
Chief :

Impressive, but still slower. The torn achilles part is nice, but you can't quantify the speed loss, nor the severity of the tear (there are different degrees of tearing when it comes to tendons. Could just be a mean sprain that hardly hindered his speed). Alita's position advantage should still give her the edge.

Also, those arachnobots aren't going to be much help when Multiple Man/Jamie Madrox comes, and the bots will, instinctively, attack him, causing him to multiply even more. More Jamie Madrox = More trouble.

Ok, no, this HAS to be some classic PIS. Jamie literally shouldn't even be able to phase thing's durability with punches. Right in your rundown it says he's an olympic level athlete. Olympic level athletes can't hurt Ben Grimm. Also, I'm assuming since his power works directly with kinetic energy which is why he's able to deal with cylcops blasts. How does he do with heat and explosions or plasma?

Linda-058, a SPARTAN-II, who was the main team sniper, was incredibly superb. Chief, being the best SPARTAN-II, could roughly compare to these type of feats :

So yeah Chief is definitely not a slacker when it comes to aiming. He's also got 20 millisecond + reaction times.

Also states here that his MJOLNIR armor increases his general statistics by a factor of five.

Impressive, though I want to touch on a few points -- I never questioned Chief being an expert marksman (though nothing here seems to put him at shooting another bullet out of the air, so I'm still with Alita being a better shot), only mentioning how good Alita was and how she could abuse an advantegous position. The other thing I want to touch on is the apparent reaction time -- a raw number is impressive, but it is not a bullet dodging feat or even a dodging feat of any kind. Being able to see and react to a bullet in the air does not mean you are fast enough to get out of the way, so I wouldn't go stating his raw numbers as a feat in and of themselves. And, if the fight you're setting up is Chief and Alita at the top of the refinery, then I can give you definite Alita superrsonic reaction feats like these:

Scorpion, on the other hand, can consistently dodge Stryker's modern weaponry, so he won't have a problem with that. He's also evaded energy blasts, hell-fire beams, lava, swords, arrows, and other type of weaponry without much difficulty.

I know Stryker uses guns, but how is Stryker's aim and also, well, a little proof? Some passage or scans of Scoprion dodging bullet fire would be nice. I believe you, but if I'm postin' my reaction feats I might as well gets yours. :D

Madrox (or his duplicates) won't really be affected by any bullet-fire if he'd just duplicate from it, so shooting him or his clones would just generate more of him.
Plus even if anything goes wrong I'm pretty sure Jack could cover the team considering his amazing speed.

Proof that Madrox duplicates from bullets? I'm beginning to get VERY suspicious of his natural durability in regards to the tourney rules. So far this guy has tanked Ben Grimm, bullets, and Cyclops without flinching. Is he immune to all forms of damage?. That said, knowing that kinetic energy enables his power my team could just...shoot the other people. I guess Madrox could try to work as a human shield, but Alita's too accurate for that to really work.

Jack is fast. Jack cannot defend for your whole team by himself against multiple kinds of fire and assault from multiple angles (omnidirectional singularities, homing intelligent missile bees and arachnobots, fire from two different targets etc). You can't just say "Jack stops it" and, despite being a cool feat, defeating the mercenaries before the water drop hits the ground isn't a feat that should be calced enough to deal with the barrage I'm sending your way.

While pretty destructive, it's nothing my characters haven't faced.
Jack facing off against Mondo-Bot, a robot that nuked an entire city and is taller than the tallest skyscraper
Master Chief in Halo 4 went against far more powerful weapons. He does battle with Prometheans/Forerunners and the Didact, who both have molecular-level weapons. His MJOLNIR armor alone has tanked some of these punishing blows, and thanks to the Librarian upgrading him in Halo 4, he can pretty much go through most damage unscathed.
Forerunner Weapons

Scorpion consistently tanks hellfire, which is hell's version of fire where it is more powerful, painful, and lasts a lot longer, if not eternally. He even has a move where he sets himself on fire.

Scorpion using "Inner Flames" (skip to 0:06)

The mondobot thing doesn't matter. Jack doesn't get hit by it and the thing hardly looks to be even fighting him. Also Alita is not an enormous city destroying robot. While a nice thing he's done, you can't really apply that battle to this one unless Alita suddenly grows 20 stories. :P

That forerunner weapons thing is a neat demo but uh...it's game mechanics that show no destructive output? I'm not arguing that they could harm Alita, I just don't get what you're trying to counter. I was just proving that Alita's weapon's should be sufficient enough to harm your team should they hit. Unless Liara is projecting her biotic shields onto her (which she can. I'm more than willing to give a scan if you ask, I'm just trying to get this post done before I pass out, lol)

Also, on Scoprion's hellfire/fire resistance, I get that he's fire resistant, but he is still harmed by explosions and bullets, correct? I mean, no one on my team uses hellfire and the only thing close to fire would be Alita's ability to project plasma, but I haven't brought up that feat yet.

Well to counter your team getting too near my team, I could have Chief unleash these babies.
Halo 4 Auto-Sentry

I specifically said my team is NOT getting too close to your team unless they come within range, because I feel I've secured an advantageous position and two of your guys (Scorpion and Jack) are pretty solidly melee characters (I understand jack's a good archer, but frankly, his arrows should just plink off of most of my team). That said, the auto-sentry is neat, but it seems to be rather fragile and none too bright, so singularity alone should completely disable it if it we see Chief swapping guns to shoot one out (liara has a 3 or so second delay between singularities, much shorter than your auto sentry time in that video), and it wouldn't even hamper the team considering the AoE effect.

After putting that on the field, he could switch to Hologram, and trick your team into thinking that the Hologram is the real Master Chief. Don't forget that Jamie Madrox has the MJOLNIR armor perk, so there will be countless Jamie Madrox's in that armor rushing at you from different sides.
Holograms

Firstly, wouldn't my team, uh, SEE you putting up the holograms? Not the greatest tactic. Secondly, oh boy, I'm glad you brought up trickery because now I get to show off my team's supernatural senses!

Alita has the ability known as Chi. Holograms ain't surprising her for jack. A rundown and her Chi range:

Gorgon, of course, has telepathy. Holograms aren't going to do jack crap to him. I could post scans but it's his basic power and in the rundown and it saves me a little time.

Netero is a Nen master, and thus has En, En is defined as the ability to expand one's Nen into an area around the user and to feel the opponent's life force and presence through using it. Your hologram's aren't alive, Netero isn't going to be affected by them.

Liara is my only character without supernatural senses. That said I've got 3 members that can give her the heads up and, like I said, we can kind of see you using the hologram device. Kind of a waste of time if you ask me.

So yeah, you first have an Auto-Sentry delaying your progress, then after that, you have a bunch of decoy Holograms and Jamie Madrox clones in MJOLNIR armor swarming your team from numerous sides. Your team would be confused and disorientated, leaving an opening for my team to strike. I mean, think about it, they could be utterly confused. They see a large group of SPARTANS coming at them, and they attack them. Some of them simply walk through them, while the others duplicate as they hit them!

First, I want to say that Jamie Madrox would not have a bunch of easy hordes of clones floating around, but I'll get to that later in this post. Secondly, we're on top of the refinery, and Jamie would have to either climb or come up the normal way (I know he's an olympic gymnast. Olympic Gymnasts can't scale a 20 foot building easily) assuming I do make the mistake of having Alita's drones blow up upon Jamie's entrance to the refinery...that's it. The entrance is gone. These explosions level concrete walls, I doubt the wreckage would be easily traversable. Unless Chief's jetpacking Jamie up to the top of the building, in which case I think they're sitting ducks for Chief to be barraged by abilities. From what I can tell, Chief's pack doesn't make him go very fast in the air or give him much maneuverability. All that does is leave him immediately susceptible to Liara using stasis as soon as he gets in range (about 15 meters). Stasis is a biotic power that freezes a person in place, unable to use abilities -- though unable to be harmed. Chief jumpacking anywhere is gonna immediately lead to him falling right back down to the ground.

For the Singularities, Samurai Jack is already immune to those, so he could take out Liara pretty quickly. How? Well I'm confident Jack could do it on his own form his sheer speed (as you can see from his his Vs. Bounty Hunters) video, but to assure it, I'm letting Scorpion assist Jack by opening portals right behind Liara, letting Jack ambush her, and being immune to the Singularity effects. Also Scorpion could open his own portals to counter Liara's Singularities.
Samurai Jack defeating 3 Archers who had previously defeated Aku's huge army. They wielded magic arrows that almost never missed their target.
  • Proof that the 3 Archers alone took down a huge army (Skip to 1:43 - 2:30 and 2:49 - 4:00)
  • Samurai Jack blindfolding himself to dodge arrows. He could do this with Gorgon and not risk being turned into stone. (Skip to 4:20)

I absolutely do not agree with this. I straight up said that Gorgon and Netero are taking the defensive point for my ranged characters. I totally concur that Jack, through his immunity to biotics, and his ability to deflect weapon's fire, should be able to jump up to the top of the refinery unscathed, but then he meets a very raring to go Gorgon (who is an absurdly skilled combatant with great regen) and ISAAC NETERO, resident badass mofo. Isaac has supersonic reflexes (as seen with his fight with the Chimera Ant King, a hypersonic super evolved being who he was trading blows with, albeit in a losing fashion) and ABSURD defensive power with the Hyakushiki Kannon (I will abbreviate this as HK from now on, if you don't mind). There's absolutely no way Jack is blitzing past these two combatants, the second he tries to get a hit in on Liara (who has supersonic bullet dodging feats of her own, so it's not like she'd just stand there dumbly and get one shotted), he gets met with THIS:

No Caption Provided

Despite being a "melee" character, Isaac's HK arms have absurd range and defensive capabilities, capable of defending himself for thousands of blows against a hypersonic enemy(though losing his limbs in the process, and eventually losing the fight). Jack is NOWHERE near as fast or skilled as Meryem (Chimera Ant King), so I'm not going to buy the fact that Jack can just blitz past his range and take out Liara. I don't say this lightly, either, as Samurai Jack is one of my all time favorite shows and I know just how skilled and powerful Jack is. There's no way he's getting past Netero without the toughest fight of his life -- another statement I don't say lightly. I'd be absolutely glad to turn this into a jack vs Isaac Netero fight, by the way. I think Isaac would win that one 9-10/10 purely because of his insane range and AoE ability.

So yeah, while Liara and Alita are kept busy by Jamie Madrox MJOLNIR clones and Master Chief holograms, they will be flanked by Samurai Jack. Meanwhile, the real Master Chief will lead a brigade of another group of Jamie Madrox (as well as the real Jamie Madrox) MJOLNIR clones and Scorpion to fight Gorgon and Netero.

I already addressed the lacking Hologram argument, but why is Jack flanking? You said he's jumping up to them (and repeat it later on in your post) and my team has full map awareness via Gabriel and Probe Lice, so they're not getting surprised by someone coming around the side and jumping up. While Jamie would almost certainly get some clones off in the mayhem (though I still want to see him tank a shot that's similar to a rocket in both head and explosion), he's going to be way behind the rest of your team, considering you said Jack is jumping, Chief is jet packing and Scorpion is teleporting (tentatively, I want to see range and vertical movement on this ability, preferably not game mechanics like jumping through the sky and coming up through the floor, lol).

The madrox clone inside a body thing is....creepy to say the least, but it shouldn't be a problem as everyone on my team has reflexes far greater than Jamie's punches, and I'll address why he shouldn't have a uncounted swarm going in in juuuust a second.

The Missile Bees and bullets, again, won't do anything but strengthen my numbers with more and more Madrox clones. HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA *cough cough*

This, THIS I want to address, as you've brought it up several times. The Bees and arachnobots are not stupid. They are highly advanced tracking and elimination drones that examine weaknesses and act both independently and at the direction of the GIB support (gabriel and mobile unit operator) and Alita's commands. They won't just attack a guy who wants to be blown up constantly. They're controlled attacks, not just swarms. It's area control, not just denial. I'll give up a Jamie clone or two to cut off the entrances and force him to try to climb up slowly while we duke it out on the roof with the rest of our characters, but neither I nor Alita are stupid enough to spam your clones for you. Once it happens once or twice, it's not happening intentionally too many more times -- I'd imagine basic knowledge could even prevent it happening once aside from the entrance removal. No one on my team is as dumb as Ben Grimm, 4 tactical geniuses has to amount for something, right? I also still want to see him take an explosion, and if you do provide that scan, I'd like to know if it's actually possible to harm him with conventional force, or even just by being cut or or attacked by energy weapons (Liara shoots a plasma SMG, you know). Like I said, if anything that causes damage makes him multiply more, then why was he allowed?

Again, Scorpion can open even more portals and counter your Singularities. Also Scorpion can throw his chains through the hell-portals and take down Liara/Alita. Also if any of your teammates are sucked into the portal, they're pretty much dead unless Scorpion allows them to live (highly against his morals) since you're literally going to hell.
If your teammate(s) gets tagged by Scorpion's portals, they would get pulled in and the result wouldn't look any better than this :

These portals are like, 10 feet away from scorpion. And they're stationary. How would they counter singularity? It's a non solid ball of energy that sucks people into it. Do you think Scorpion, from ground level, is just going to open up a portal next to a singularity within it's grabbing range while taking free damage and then exploding? How would he move it? It takes him multiple seconds and some silly stances to open up those portals, by then the singularity explodes (when Liara can will it to detonate) and he's just wasted his time and taking a giant blast to the face. I don't see how these short range portals do anything to her singularities until you show me more than some questionable fatalities.

Just a small note, Aku is nowhere near "nigh-omnipotent," what the heck. He's got some funky powers and some demon invulnerability, but if he were nigh omnipotent he'd just will Jack out of existence, lol. He's powerful, but he gets chumped by a guy with spiderman level speed or less, so he ain't even knocking on the door of nigh-omnipotent. He's hardly even fast, lol.

As for Netero's construct, I think that would be easily countered by hundreds of Jamie Madrox MJOLNIR clones swarming your team, countless Holograms for disorientation, constant flanking thanks to Scorpions teleportation/portal skills, and Jack's incredible speed.

I've addressed the HUNDREDS of Jamie clones argument, and the very lacking Hologram argument. I still want to see high range and control from Scorpion portals and teleportation, but even then I'd address that with Gorgon engaging Scorpion (I'll take Gorgon, yo), and as I said, Jack's incredible speed is, at best, a match for Netero's own speed, but hardly a match for HK. If you want to take the Netero vs Jack argument to a further stage, I'd be more than willing.

Ooooh, and I almost forgot to say something. Gorgon's state is near useless against my team. Why so?
Well you see, Master Chief's visor is shiny, so Gorgon would see his own reflection in John's visor, and we all know how this went down with Wolverine's claws.
Samurai Jack? Well with a basic bio, he'd already be blindfolded at the start of the fight.
Jamie Madrox? Okay that may be the only exception, but there would be so many duplicates it would be dang near ineffective.

Gorgon's used his Stone Stare on shield agents with visors before, he has to get caught starting directly into his own eye's reflection, which is pretty hard when he's looking in a general direction (As seen in his phobos fight, he can hit multiple people while staring at someone else entirely). I'll agree that it'd be stupid for Gorgon to get close up to Chief and stare directly into his visor -- Gorgon has made that mistake once, though, I doubt he'll be so willing to recreate it.

Scorpion only doesn't have eyes when he rips off his own face. Otherwise he clearly has eyes, they're just...weird, nasty white eyes. For the sake of argument though, I'd agree that Scorpion's pseudo magical/demonic nature might protect him from Gorgon anyhow.

If Jack wants to fight the entire fight blindfolded, that's his perogative, but LOTS of my attacks are faster than the speed of sound(...bullets are faster than the speed of sound. Speed of Sound = 340.29 m / s. Low end bullet Muzzle Velocity = 896 m/s). Just because Jack could dodge arrows, no matter how mystically guided, moving slower than the speed of sound by hearing alone, does not mean he'd be dodging super sonic attacks. It would be QUITE the blunder for Jack to go into this fight blindfolded based off one showing where he was only dodging arrows.

Actually, Madrox would have the same visor, presumably, since he's wearing Mjolnir armor, but I did address this -- looking into a group of people with reflective surfaces is fine so long as he doesn't look directly at one of the reflections. Gorgon's stare could quite easily eliminate quite a few clones, but I wouldn't want to take the risk, really. And, as I said, there wouldn't be HUNDREDS of duplicates as you said, my team ain't stupid, yo.

No Caption Provided

I'm listening.

Well, at the start of the battle, Jack is going to give Madrox his sword, and Scorpion is going to give Madrox his legendary Mugai Ryu sword. Then, Madrox will slap himself a whole bunch of times (with the help of Jack's own awesome speed), and because Madrox duplicates at every kinetic energy (maybe minus walking), he'd make a whole bunch of clones of himself with MJOLNIR armor, a Samurai Jack sword, and Mugai Ryu sword. Heck, he could give back a sword each for Jack and Scorpion, and they would dual-wield their own respective swords. That's right : two God-made, enchanted swords for Jack to dual-wield, and two eternally flaming Mugai Ryu katana's for Scorpion.

This is a neat plan but Jack's had plenty of opportunities to wield multiple weapons, I don't think he's particularly more skilled or dangerous when dual wielding. It's not like this is an MMO where you just toss gear at someone and make them better -- Jack's one of the deadliest warriors in this tournament based on feats where he's twohanding his sword like a boss, I don't think dual wielding or giving him extra swords serves much more purpose than making it trivial if he's disarmed.

Wouldn't Jamie's kinetic powers not work if he's got mjolnir armor and shields on absorbing the blows of being slapped? :P Go ahead and stand there smacking each other at the start of the fight, at that point Alita and co are already shooting poor blindfolded jack in the head! :D I don't think it'd be wise to sit there trying to gear up and create clones while my team is gaining position and gunning your susceptible players down.

Dredeuced

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Dredeuced

WHEW, what a post, that took way to long to do. I'm calling it a night, nice first round of the first round, YNCG!

beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#27  Edited By beatboks1

@Dredeuced said:

Another way ( which I honestly dont have the time for most the time) is the use the drop down from paragraph to put a header after you put a medium image like

No Caption Provided

Like so

This will allow you to keep text formatted below it

Honestly though it's not worth the effort IMO

Dredeuced

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Dredeuced

Yeah, frankly, if I get stuck posting one big picture i'm just gonna spoiler box it. Thanks for the effort to help me out with the formatting, though!

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Pokergeist

Prep is not on the Batlefield. Your given a Map and Basic Roster to work with for 45 minuets. No sping or sabotoging on the team. Think of a bunch of guys in a briefing room.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ah, I see. Another question is if Gabriel for Alita is allowed, would Cortana for Master Chief be allowed?

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Pokergeist

I see why not. Its like the Battle Cpu for Midnighter.

Dredeuced

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Dredeuced

Don't see why Cortana shouldn't be allowed, but you probably should've specified before during the draft. I PM'd cadence specifically for Gabriel.

That said, the no prep on the battlefield doesn't affect me too much, Gabriel still does his spying as soon as the match starts and I think we both maintain our basic plans.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cortana can only analyze and hack into computer systems and stuff like that. It doesn't automatically tell him how to win.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

UGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH........

I spent 5 hours (1:00 to 6:00) typing up my awesome debate, and when I was carrying my laptop upstairs the battery fell out and I lost everything. I'm going to have to start from scratch again, but that debate was exhausting and I don't feel like re-doing the entire thing right now.

Expect it re-posted by the weekend.

beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#35  Edited By beatboks1

bump

Dredeuced

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Dredeuced

No need to bump, YNCG already says he's working on another post.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Dredeuced said:

Nice post! I'm editing out some of the scans and videos to save on space and, well, my own sanity in dealing with the formatting, lol. Sorry if this inconveniences any readers!

Is spying on the other team's prep time and sabotaging their equipment pre-battle allowed?
Scorpion teleporting

A few things: First, I said nothing about sabotage, that would be taking aggressive action during preptime. Secondly, I'm questioning both his ability to teleport where he can't see using only radar, his ability to take others harmlessly into his portal (he's a hellfire dude, aren't his portals a little dangerous?). I understand you said extended universe, but I'd like proof that he's done these things. Also, is his teleporting soundless/motionless/effectless? You could give Nightcrawler active camo and everyone would still see and hear the bamf. Finally, you said earlier in the thread that Chief's perks are upgrades included in his armor -- are you saying he gives Scorpion his armor and teaches him how to use its complex systems in a few seconds before he sets out spying on my team's prep and THEN comes back just before prep ends, gives him all the information, then puts him back in the armor? I'm highly dubious of this counter strategy. That said, my preptime isn't actively super important, just precautionary. As soon as the fight starts Gabriel would still have its eyes on the field and would give my team the proper info.

I'm questioning both his ability to teleport where he can't see using only radar, his ability to take others harmlessly into his portal (he's a hellfire dude, aren't his portals a little dangerous?)

It depends what type of portal Scorpion opens. If he opens a hell-fire portal it will probably hurt the people that enter it (minus himself). If he opens a regular portal and/or teleports someone with him, they won't be injured. The reason he can open his various portals is because he was revived by Shao Kahn, and Shao Kahn can open portals to different realms. Scorpion inherits downgraded versions of Shao Kahn's powers, such as teleportation, hell-fire manipulation, and also his ability to use portals in the realm he is in.

Skip to 1:49

Also, is his teleporting soundless/motionless/effectless?

The hell-fire portals make a lot more sound, but the regular portals don't make as much sound. Not sure what you mean by motionless (they are stationary) or effectless.

Finally, you said earlier in the thread that Chief's perks are upgrades included in his armor -- are you saying he gives Scorpion his armor and teaches him how to use its complex systems in a few seconds before he sets out spying on my team's prep and THEN comes back just before prep ends, gives him all the information, then puts him back in the armor?

No...Master Chief will just deploy his power-up and Scorpion use the power-up separately from the MJOLNIR armor. It requires no learning whatsoever. Master Chief has built-in camouflage anyways.

Uh, using a jetpack in space does not mean you can fly from the Earth's surface into space to attack a drone. I agree that Chief would be able to survive and maneuver in a Zero G vacuum once he got there, but otherwise this is an nvalid feat for the action you're trying to accomplish. Show me Chief taking off past the mesosphere from the ground with his jetpack and you have an argument. That said, two statements down, you state that Chief would come close to matching Alita's blitz to the top of the tower, he obviously can't do both of these things.

Master Chief could easily fly to skyscraper levels using an expanded universe Thruster-Pack, let alone a Jet-Pack. Even if the Jet-Pack has to recharge mid-air, Chief would just use his Thruster Pack until the Jet-Pack recharges, and vice-versa. Master Chief (as well as all SPARTAN-II's) operate in space all the time. Even a malfunctioning Thruster Pack wielded by Kurt-051 could get to Gabriel.

- From Ghosts of Onyx (pg. 55)

He'd absorbed a near-direct grenade explosion once, and it had felt something like this. Only this particular explosion hadn't been near him; it had been on his armor. His first thought was sniper fire-an ambush. But then his vision cleared and he saw stars, the dull red binary suns, and Station Delphi whirling around. His T-PACK had busted a line. He could feel the propellant gushing out...even though the tanks had been designed with redundant shutoff vales, and emergency self-sealing foam to prevent such decompression.

And before you say that this also displays how weak the Thruster Pack is, Kurt's Thruster-Pack was rigged by the UNSC/ONI to malfunction to fake his disappearance (he was recruited to the top-secret mission to train the next generation of SPARTAN-III soldiers).

Extremely nerfed Thruster Pack in action (Skip to 0:42)

As you can see, Chief could reach Gabriel in a matter of minutes, and there he will use Cortana to hack into Gabriel and use them to his and his team's advantage. Cortana has hacked Covenant space-ships before, so Gabriel shouldn't be too much of a challenge.

Alita :
Chief :

Impressive, but still slower. The torn achilles part is nice, but you can't quantify the speed loss, nor the severity of the tear (there are different degrees of tearing when it comes to tendons. Could just be a mean sprain that hardly hindered his speed). Alita's position advantage should still give her the edge.

Well John-117 is already 3x the speed of a peak human, and that's without his MJOLNIR armor, which multiplies his statistics by another factor of 5. This is without the help of his Thruster-Pack/Jet-Pack, which would also greatly help his speed in the race against Alita. Regardless I was only comparing speeds, as Chief at the beginning of the fight won't be engaging Alita.

There are two nifty feats in the scan below. One is speed and one is strength.

James-005 helps push down a multi-ton monolith with his left arm burned off (pg. 208)

Kelly-087, another SPARTAN-II, displaying amazing speed (pg. 208)

John, fresh out of augmentations and without his MJOLNIR suit, attempts to calculate his speed (pg. 64-65)
Master Chief showing that he sees combat in slow-motion (pg.256)

John sprints in the opposite direction of an Elite and accurately throws a plasma grenade on its head

Ok, no, this HAS to be some classic PIS. Jamie literally shouldn't even be able to phase thing's durability with punches. Right in your rundown it says he's an olympic level athlete. Olympic level athletes can't hurt Ben Grimm. Also, I'm assuming since his power works directly with kinetic energy which is why he's able to deal with cylcops blasts. How does he do with heat and explosions or plasma?

While there may be some elements of PIS there, I firmly believe that the result of the battle would have been the same. I mean The Thing's attacks aren't anything but kinetic energy, and its possible for Madrox to overwhelm The Thing. He has beaten similar foes before.

Tanks Class 10 punch
No Caption Provided
Overwhelms She-Hulk

And yes, his powers revolve around kinetic energy. Anything that emits kinetic energy will not hurt Madrox nearly as much as other types of energy, and will duplicate him.

Impressive, though I want to touch on a few points -- I never questioned Chief being an expert marksman (though nothing here seems to put him at shooting another bullet out of the air, so I'm still with Alita being a better shot), only mentioning how good Alita was and how she could abuse an advantegous position. The other thing I want to touch on is the apparent reaction time -- a raw number is impressive, but it is not a bullet dodging feat or even a dodging feat of any kind. Being able to see and react to a bullet in the air does not mean you are fast enough to get out of the way, so I wouldn't go stating his raw numbers as a feat in and of themselves. And, if the fight you're setting up is Chief and Alita at the top of the refinery, then I can give you definite Alita superrsonic reaction feats like these:

I know you never denied it, I was just confirming it with feats. And Master Chief has dodged numerous bullets before, as well as even faster weaponry such as plasma fire, etc. He also views everything in slow-motion, so that helps a lot.

Oh, and super-sonic is anything faster than sound, and that's actually not that fast.

Super-sonic speed : 343 meters per second plus
Handgun : 300 meters per second plus
Rifles : 1341 meters per second

As the feats below suggest, Chief can easily dodge gun-fire of weaponry that is far superior to the armory we have today, so they are probably even deadlier, as well as faster than those basic calculations. We're talking UNSC technology from the year 2550 onward and Covenant/Forerunner technology that make UNSC weapons look like toy guns.

A SPARTAN-II jumps/flips to avoid stun rounds (same speed as lethal rounds) (pg.72)
Master Chief (without armor and as a teenager) dodges a point-blank shot (pg.73)
Master Chief dodging more live, lethal rounds (pg.117)

I know Stryker uses guns, but how is Stryker's aim and also, well, a little proof? Some passage or scans of Scoprion dodging bullet fire would be nice. I believe you, but if I'm postin' my reaction feats I might as well gets yours. :D

Stryker has decent aim, although nothing among the likes of Bullseye or Deadshot, he's pretty good. He was the only survivor of his Riot/Police force since Shao Kahn chose specifically him to be a contender in the Mortal Kombat Tournament, and stole all the souls of the other civilians. He can also shoot accurately mid-air, while jumping, flipping, etc.

Scorpion doesn't have a lot of comic-book scans, thus very little feats, but here's what I have so far.

Scorpion fighting Sub-Zero

Sub-Zero himself stating how hard it is to truly kill Scorpion
No Caption Provided

Proof that Madrox duplicates from bullets? I'm beginning to get VERY suspicious of his natural durability in regards to the tourney rules. So far this guy has tanked Ben Grimm, bullets, and Cyclops without flinching. Is he immune to all forms of damage?. That said, knowing that kinetic energy enables his power my team could just...shoot the other people. I guess Madrox could try to work as a human shield, but Alita's too accurate for that to really work.

Jack is fast. Jack cannot defend for your whole team by himself against multiple kinds of fire and assault from multiple angles (omnidirectional singularities, homing intelligent missile bees and arachnobots, fire from two different targets etc). You can't just say "Jack stops it" and, despite being a cool feat, defeating the mercenaries before the water drop hits the ground isn't a feat that should be calced enough to deal with the barrage I'm sending your way.

Madrox can duplicate from bullets, as they have immense kinetic energy. If Madrox duplicates from Thing/She-Hulk hits, I think he could tank a bullet. And Multiple Man isn't immune to all forms of damage per-say, only more toughened against them because of his power (enough force will still harm him, albeit he'll still duplicate). And what do you mean human shield?

Madrox overwhelming HYDRA (who do use guns)

What I meant by Jack covering my team, I didn't mean my entire team, I just meant if something does go wrong, he could cover the teammate that is under fire/attack, since his speed is significant enough to do so. And yes Jack has been under attack from different types of enemies, under different angles, and various types of attacks. He has defeated a group of robots that were powered by Aku, had adamantium armor, and created by a genius intellect scientist.

Jack defeating Ultra-Robots

• Jack's first encounter with the Ultra-Robots (Skip to 2:24 and mute the video)
  • Jack's second encounter with the Ultra-Robots (Skip to 3:38 and mute the video)
  • Jack unleashing his/his sword's full potential (Skip to 5:00 and mute the video)

The mondobot thing doesn't matter. Jack doesn't get hit by it and the thing hardly looks to be even fighting him. Also Alita is not an enormous city destroying robot. While a nice thing he's done, you can't really apply that battle to this one unless Alita suddenly grows 20 stories. :P

That forerunner weapons thing is a neat demo but uh...it's game mechanics that show no destructive output? I'm not arguing that they could harm Alita, I just don't get what you're trying to counter. I was just proving that Alita's weapon's should be sufficient enough to harm your team should they hit. Unless Liara is projecting her biotic shields onto her (which she can. I'm more than willing to give a scan if you ask, I'm just trying to get this post done before I pass out, lol)

Also, on Scoprion's hellfire/fire resistance, I get that he's fire resistant, but he is still harmed by explosions and bullets, correct? I mean, no one on my team uses hellfire and the only thing close to fire would be Alita's ability to project plasma, but I haven't brought up that feat yet.

Oh the Mondo-Bot is extremely aggressive, and he was trying to fight Jack. Also I was mainly posting that video only to show that Alita's destructive weapon isn't something Samurai Jack is unfamiliar with, as he easily dodged Mono-Bot's laser in the beginning of that video.

Mondo-Bot's capablities (skip to 2:14)

And Forerunner weaponry are very powerful. They are capable of disrupting/destroying molecules without even penetrating people's armors. Master Chief is able to tank these shots from The Librarian's upgrade and his MJOLNIR armor's shields. Alita's weaponry (or Liara's) shouldn't harm John that much at all.

Chief tanks a full-on "composing" blast from Cryptum, the Didact's ship (Skip to 21:35)

More information on the Forerunner weaponry :
Oh yeah and Master Chief has every single one of these weapons. 1-3 shots from these weapons (1 from the Incineration Cannon) would completely dissolve any of your teammates.

As for Scorpion, I think he has enhanced durability against injury, as he goes toe-to-toe against various Kombatants, gets frozen, stabbed, shot, sliced, punched, kicked, bones broken, hit by energy blasts, and more without instantly dying. A couple bullets won't bother him at all, but a barrage of them would injure him at the slightest at least.

Halo 4 Auto-Sentry

I specifically said my team is NOT getting too close to your team unless they come within range, because I feel I've secured an advantageous position and two of your guys (Scorpion and Jack) are pretty solidly melee characters (I understand jack's a good archer, but frankly, his arrows should just plink off of most of my team). That said, the auto-sentry is neat, but it seems to be rather fragile and none too bright, so singularity alone should completely disable it if it we see Chief swapping guns to shoot one out (liara has a 3 or so second delay between singularities, much shorter than your auto sentry time in that video), and it wouldn't even hamper the team considering the AoE effect.

Well Auto-Sentries can shoot effectively in mid to long range. Plus they're incredibly durable, as they can tank a couple Forerunner shots before going down (more than I can say for nearly anyone in this Tournament). Jack's arrows could still hurt Netero and Gorgon if aimed properly. And again, I think Scorpion can counter the Singularities with his portals, and even if he can't keep up with all of them, we'll have plenty of Auto-Sentries anyways. Weapon-swapping for Auto-Sentries is completely false, and was only gameplay. Chief, like Liara, also has a couple second (maybe a bit more) delay for his perks, but that won't matter with my strategy.

Holograms

Firstly, wouldn't my team, uh, SEE you putting up the holograms? Not the greatest tactic. Secondly, oh boy, I'm glad you brought up trickery because now I get to show off my team's supernatural senses!

Alita has the ability known as Chi. Holograms ain't surprising her for jack. A rundown and her Chi range:

Gorgon, of course, has telepathy. Holograms aren't going to do jack crap to him. I could post scans but it's his basic power and in the rundown and it saves me a little time.

Netero is a Nen master, and thus has En, En is defined as the ability to expand one's Nen into an area around the user and to feel the opponent's life force and presence through using it. Your hologram's aren't alive, Netero isn't going to be affected by them.

Liara is my only character without supernatural senses. That said I've got 3 members that can give her the heads up and, like I said, we can kind of see you using the hologram device. Kind of a waste of time if you ask me.

No. They're not even that close, and the buildings will cover the location of Chief to spam-er...I mean spawn a whole bunch of Holograms to distract at least Liara.

And wouldn't Gorgon, with his telepathy, be extremely disorientated from all the different thoughts the Jamie Madrox clones have? I could imagine a hundred or so voices chattering at once being very annoying.

Liara is also another weak link in my strategy (or strong link whichever angle you view it). Sure, they'll know which is a Hologram and which is a Madrox MJOLNIR clone, but in battle they won't have time to point out every single Hologram and/or clone. There will be so many troops swarming I doubt that tactic will work 100% of the time, and one slip-up could mean her death.

First, I want to say that Jamie Madrox would not have a bunch of easy hordes of clones floating around, but I'll get to that later in this post. Secondly, we're on top of the refinery, and Jamie would have to either climb or come up the normal way (I know he's an olympic gymnast. Olympic Gymnasts can't scale a 20 foot building easily) assuming I do make the mistake of having Alita's drones blow up upon Jamie's entrance to the refinery...that's it. The entrance is gone. These explosions level concrete walls, I doubt the wreckage would be easily traversable. Unless Chief's jetpacking Jamie up to the top of the building, in which case I think they're sitting ducks for Chief to be barraged by abilities. From what I can tell, Chief's pack doesn't make him go very fast in the air or give him much maneuverability. All that does is leave him immediately susceptible to Liara using stasis as soon as he gets in range (about 15 meters). Stasis is a biotic power that freezes a person in place, unable to use abilities -- though unable to be harmed. Chief jumpacking anywhere is gonna immediately lead to him falling right back down to the ground.

You do know your team isn't the only generator of my clones? Madrox could do it himself in seconds. Jamie will have the MJOLNIR, and that will be a major factor in the refinery, but I'll explain that later. And even without MJOLNIR, Jamie could just do this :

Also some more feats of how fast Madrox can duplicate my himself :

Duplicating by tapping his feet really quickly

Again, duplicating by tapping his feat swiftly

I already explained how fast Chief's jetpack will really go in the Expanded Universe, and I'll explain later why Jamie won't have to climb up the entire refinery. Plus even if Liara attempts to use a Singularity on him mid-air, he'll just use his Thruster Pack and do propel himself in a different direction of the attack like this :

If somehow Chief gets tagged, it won't even hurt him in the slightest, as John has tanked atmospheric re-entry before without being hurt.

I absolutely do not agree with this. I straight up said that Gorgon and Netero are taking the defensive point for my ranged characters. I totally concur that Jack, through his immunity to biotics, and his ability to deflect weapon's fire, should be able to jump up to the top of the refinery unscathed, but then he meets a very raring to go Gorgon (who is an absurdly skilled combatant with great regen) and ISAAC NETERO, resident badass mofo. Isaac has supersonic reflexes (as seen with his fight with the Chimera Ant King, a hypersonic super evolved being who he was trading blows with, albeit in a losing fashion) and ABSURD defensive power with the Hyakushiki Kannon (I will abbreviate this as HK from now on, if you don't mind). There's absolutely no way Jack is blitzing past these two combatants, the second he tries to get a hit in on Liara (who has supersonic bullet dodging feats of her own, so it's not like she'd just stand there dumbly and get one shotted), he gets met with THIS:

No Caption Provided

Despite being a "melee" character, Isaac's HK arms have absurd range and defensive capabilities, capable of defending himself for thousands of blows against a hypersonic enemy(though losing his limbs in the process, and eventually losing the fight). Jack is NOWHERE near as fast or skilled as Meryem (Chimera Ant King), so I'm not going to buy the fact that Jack can just blitz past his range and take out Liara. I don't say this lightly, either, as Samurai Jack is one of my all time favorite shows and I know just how skilled and powerful Jack is. There's no way he's getting past Netero without the toughest fight of his life -- another statement I don't say lightly. I'd be absolutely glad to turn this into a jack vs Isaac Netero fight, by the way. I think Isaac would win that one 9-10/10 purely because of his insane range and AoE ability.

I wasn't aware that Gorgon and Netero were right behind Liara. Anyways, that won't be a problem since Samurai Jack won't have a problem with Gorgon or Netero (well Netero will be a tough fight but not as much for Gorgon). First of all, Gorgon might accidentally look into Jack's sword, and that won't end well, as his word is shiiiiiiiny!

Second of all, Netero is extremely impressive, but I don't think its anything Jack hasn't faced before.

Jack fights a huge, beast-like monster (Skip to 1:42 and mute the video)

Jack battles the first wave of warriors (Skip to 3:14 and mute the video)

Jack battles the second wave of warriors (Skip to 4:45 and mute the video)

Jack fights an entire army of warriors/monsters (Skip to 5:38 and mute the video)

Netero having super/hyper-sonic attacks are cool and all, but Jack consistently dodges laser weaponry, machine gun fire, magical energy blasts, enchanted weaponry, and even fought The Scotsman for days (yes, literally days) straight before wearing out. I already addressed what qualifies as super-sonic, and futuristic weaponry and machine gun fire probably something Jack dodges with ease every episode in Samurai Jack. To be honest Jack hasn't lost to anyone other than tying with The Scotsman, Aku escaping from his grasp, and The Guardian (who protected the time portal for eonsand had far more versatile weapons).

And I'm pretty sure Jack could defeat Gorgon. He at least matches him in swordsmanship, has back-up weaponry thanks to the clones, and doesn't have to do this alone (I'll get to that later).

As for Jack versus Netero, I think Jack could win in a tough fight, but again, he won't have to do this alone in the first place. As for his area of effect, that is expanded because of Jack's arrows. Also his armor will allow him to withstand more damage than he usually can.

I already addressed the lacking Hologram argument, but why is Jack flanking? You said he's jumping up to them (and repeat it later on in your post) and my team has full map awareness via Gabriel and Probe Lice, so they're not getting surprised by someone coming around the side and jumping up. While Jamie would almost certainly get some clones off in the mayhem (though I still want to see him tank a shot that's similar to a rocket in both head and explosion), he's going to be way behind the rest of your team, considering you said Jack is jumping, Chief is jet packing and Scorpion is teleporting (tentatively, I want to see range and vertical movement on this ability, preferably not game mechanics like jumping through the sky and coming up through the floor, lol).

The madrox clone inside a body thing is....creepy to say the least, but it shouldn't be a problem as everyone on my team has reflexes far greater than Jamie's punches, and I'll address why he shouldn't have a uncounted swarm going in in juuuust a second.

He has to jump up to the refinery to get to them right? Unless it is one-story level. Your team won't have full-map awareness forever, and Probe Lice could be detected with MJOLNIR radar. Regardless I don't really need too much of an element of surprise. Jamie can clone himself in seconds just by tapping his foot. Not sure if Madrox can tank a rocket-blast, but even if he can't he can duplicate from it (although the one that got hit directly may be killed). It really won't matter as the duplicates will clone unscathed.

And Scorpion, as you saw from the first video I posted about Mortal Kombat, can teleport/open portals completely out of the area, which is how he kidnapped her after he defeated Sub-Zero.

Madrox just needs to touch the belly (or any other inside area of the character) and selectively choose to clone them inside the opponent's insides. He has very precise duplicating abilities.

This, THIS I want to address, as you've brought it up several times. The Bees and arachnobots are not stupid. They are highly advanced tracking and elimination drones that examine weaknesses and act both independently and at the direction of the GIB support (gabriel and mobile unit operator) and Alita's commands. They won't just attack a guy who wants to be blown up constantly. They're controlled attacks, not just swarms. It's area control, not just denial. I'll give up a Jamie clone or two to cut off the entrances and force him to try to climb up slowly while we duke it out on the roof with the rest of our characters, but neither I nor Alita are stupid enough to spam your clones for you. Once it happens once or twice, it's not happening intentionally too many more times -- I'd imagine basic knowledge could even prevent it happening once aside from the entrance removal. No one on my team is as dumb as Ben Grimm, 4 tactical geniuses has to amount for something, right? I also still want to see him take an explosion, and if you do provide that scan, I'd like to know if it's actually possible to harm him with conventional force, or even just by being cut or or attacked by energy weapons (Liara shoots a plasma SMG, you know). Like I said, if anything that causes damage makes him multiply more, then why was he allowed?

They're not stupid, but almost any attack they issue out will do nothing but strengthen my numbers. It really doesn't matter if their attacks are controlled or a huge swarm. I highly doubt they have anything in their arsenal that doesn't involve some form of kinetic energy, and even if they do, they'll be so many Madrox clones, plus Auto-Sentries to combat them. Also they will be weakened when Gabriel turns to my side (or at least lose some form of leadership).

Area control/denial or controlled attacks, again, won't do anything but insure my advance as they will near undoubt-ably just grow my Madrox clones even more. I, also, addressed already that you don't have to spawn all my characters for me. And if you choose not to attack me with kinetic energy, how will you hurt my clones?

I'm not an expert in Plasma SMG's and what-not, but if they emit kinetic energy it'll duplicate Madrox. However, if it is powerful enough, it will kill the original Madrox clone you were intending to eliminate. Multiple Man is allowed because his durability itself isn't Luke Cage, its just his duplication slightly enhances his durability, and duplicates him, causing the illusion of him being invincibly durable.

These portals are like, 10 feet away from scorpion. And they're stationary. How would they counter singularity? It's a non solid ball of energy that sucks people into it. Do you think Scorpion, from ground level, is just going to open up a portal next to a singularity within it's grabbing range while taking free damage and then exploding? How would he move it? It takes him multiple seconds and some silly stances to open up those portals, by then the singularity explodes (when Liara can will it to detonate) and he's just wasted his time and taking a giant blast to the face. I don't see how these short range portals do anything to her singularities until you show me more than some questionable fatalities.

I already clarified how Scorpion can open ranged portals/teleport to various places, and even if he can't, in-game his teleportation/portals revolve around the location of the opponent, so that will only harm your team as well. And I meant counter-Singularity as in using my portals to cut off your Singularities (as they will be near, if not directly at the same location of Liara's attacks). If they somehow explode anyways, Scorpion can always teleport out of the way.

Multiple seconds and silly stances? Those are video game dramatizations. Not that hard to tell. They call them Fatalities and the audience of the game expects a flashy death-scene. In the fast-paced Expanded Universe, they don't do that because they want the comic/show to go on.

Just a small note, Aku is nowhere near "nigh-omnipotent," what the heck. He's got some funky powers and some demon invulnerability, but if he were nigh omnipotent he'd just will Jack out of existence, lol. He's powerful, but he gets chumped by a guy with spiderman level speed or less, so he ain't even knocking on the door of nigh-omnipotent. He's hardly even fast, lol.

Aku is very well nigh-omnipotent. He can shape-shift, warp reality and time, create Robot-Armies as well as a demon that can revive ancient warriors, inferior to none other than Odin, Ra, and Vishu, conquered the entire planet Earth and recruited warriors from other galaxies (as well as making them inhabit Earth), etc. etc.

Samurai Jack (as well as Samurai Lord, his father), seems to be the only people Aku hasn't been able to kill (maybe Samurai Lord since Aku kept him as a prisoner to mine). It may be because the gods have blessed them. That being said, Aku is a lot vastly more powerful than anyone in this entire tournament, so even if you don't view him as nigh-omnipotent, he could mop the floor with both of our teams (minus Jack himself) in minutes at the most.

I've addressed the HUNDREDS of Jamie clones argument, and the very lacking Hologram argument. I still want to see high range and control from Scorpion portals and teleportation, but even then I'd address that with Gorgon engaging Scorpion (I'll take Gorgon, yo), and as I said, Jack's incredible speed is, at best, a match for Netero's own speed, but hardly a match for HK. If you want to take the Netero vs Jack argument to a further stage, I'd be more than willing.

Holograms would at the very least endanger Liara, and the Jamie clones are independent and not dependent on your team's accidental help. I'm pretty sure I already established how and why Scorpion uses portals/teleports.

Scorpion vs. Gorgon is cool, but won't turn out good for you since Scorpion is far more versatile (hellfire manipulation, greatly enhanced durability, able to transform into giant literal scorpion, cannot turn into stone, etc.).

I'm still confident that Jack can defeat Netero, but even if he can't it will be by a slim margin that will easily be made up by Auto-Sentry support, as well as infantry from Jamie Madrox MJOLNIR clones.

Gorgon's used his Stone Stare on shield agents with visors before, he has to get caught starting directly into his own eye's reflection, which is pretty hard when he's looking in a general direction (As seen in his phobos fight, he can hit multiple people while staring at someone else entirely). I'll agree that it'd be stupid for Gorgon to get close up to Chief and stare directly into his visor -- Gorgon has made that mistake once, though, I doubt he'll be so willing to recreate it.

Scorpion only doesn't have eyes when he rips off his own face. Otherwise he clearly has eyes, they're just...weird, nasty white eyes. For the sake of argument though, I'd agree that Scorpion's pseudo magical/demonic nature might protect him from Gorgon anyhow.

If Jack wants to fight the entire fight blindfolded, that's his perogative, but LOTS of my attacks are faster than the speed of sound(...bullets are faster than the speed of sound. Speed of Sound = 340.29 m / s. Low end bullet Muzzle Velocity = 896 m/s). Just because Jack could dodge arrows, no matter how mystically guided, moving slower than the speed of sound by hearing alone, does not mean he'd be dodging super sonic attacks. It would be QUITE the blunder for Jack to go into this fight blindfolded based off one showing where he was only dodging arrows.

Actually, Madrox would have the same visor, presumably, since he's wearing Mjolnir armor, but I did address this -- looking into a group of people with reflective surfaces is fine so long as he doesn't look directly at one of the reflections. Gorgon's stare could quite easily eliminate quite a few clones, but I wouldn't want to take the risk, really. And, as I said, there wouldn't be HUNDREDS of duplicates as you said, my team ain't stupid, yo.

Well the HUD from the MJOLNIR armors will prevent Gorgon from looking directly into any of the Madrox clones or Master Chief himself's eyes, so I don't think that would work on them, and even if it did, there are far too many clones to take out. Also if the Madrox clones overwhelm Gorgon they could pounce on him and either

A) Duplicate themselves inside his body, killing him (or at least taking him out)

B) Remove his blindfold, resulting in him turning himself to stone from various shiny objects from MJOLNIR (although a few of the clones themselves may go down too in the process).

Scorpion's white eyes with is mask on is actually an illusion. His real appearance is his plain skull.

- From Mortal Kombat Wikia

Scorpion appears human when masked, though this is merely an illusion. Only his skull remains when his true form, sometimes ablaze.

Samurai Jack won't fight the entire battle blind-folded. That's silly. He'll have a blindfold at the beginning of the battle, and only put it on when either Gorgon appears, or when Gorgon starts to pull off his own blindfold off. Also the arrows were a lot faster than regular arrows from the magic, and were extremely accurate. They may not be as fast as bullets though, but that won't matter if Jack isn't fighting the entire mini-war in darkness.

No Caption Provided

I'm listening.

This is a neat plan but Jack's had plenty of opportunities to wield multiple weapons, I don't think he's particularly more skilled or dangerous when dual wielding. It's not like this is an MMO where you just toss gear at someone and make them better -- Jack's one of the deadliest warriors in this tournament based on feats where he's twohanding his sword like a boss, I don't think dual wielding or giving him extra swords serves much more purpose than making it trivial if he's disarmed.

Wouldn't Jamie's kinetic powers not work if he's got mjolnir armor and shields on absorbing the blows of being slapped? :P Go ahead and stand there smacking each other at the start of the fight, at that point Alita and co are already shooting poor blindfolded jack in the head! :D I don't think it'd be wise to sit there trying to gear up and create clones while my team is gaining position and gunning your susceptible players down.

True, but he has shown exceptional skill in dual-wielding shields. Regardless, if Jack prefers wielding one sword at a time, he would keep the other sword as a back-up if his main sword somehow gets away from his reach. Scorpion is skilled in dual wield weapons, as he carries around 2 katanas on his back.

Multiple Man can still duplicate inside different types of clothing, suits, etc. That's why his jacket also duplicates when its free-flowing in the wind. And Madrox slapping himself was more of a joke xD I wasn't serious.

Plan

Since everyone is in a private briefing room for 45 minutes and can analyze the battlefield, they'll introduce each other, their powers, abilities, and advantages. When Master Chief sees that Madrox also has MJOLNIR armor, he will automatically know he should give him some of the perk power-ups he has. Jack and Scorpion will also lend their equipment so that he can clone them. Once he has cloned them, he will give the weapons back to each respective character, plus two-fold from him cloning himself numerous times. From there, he will have clones with MJOLNIR armor, all the different perks Chief has, a Samurai Jack sword, Scorpion's Mugai Ryu sword, and Forerunner weapons that could nearly one-shot any of your teammates. So basically he's a hybrid of everything good my other combatants possess, in a form of an army.

Once the battle starts, there will be four Madrox clone generators, who will camp back and do nothing but tap their feet, crack their knuckles, and more to keep duplicating more and more Madrox clone hybrids. I mean they are rapidly tapping their feet on the ground. Try that out right now...just tapping your feet on the floor. Could you count how many times you did it? No, because it was way too many times. Now imagine that times 4. Yeah..that's a lot. And since they have all the perks, they will deploy regeneration fields at their "spawning" point to protect them from harm. Then, once the Madrox hybrid infantry marches in, they will all deploy Auto-Sentries. This is my line of defense that will protect my side of the field, as well as cover-fire. As each new wave of clones appear/march in, they will again, deploy another Auto-Sentry wave, making any destroyed Sentries be replaced, or just more Sentries stacking up in my favor. They would also deploy Holograms to confuse Liara. Also since Chief has Thruster/Jet-Packs, the Jamie Madrox Hybrid clones will also have them, and be able to help Samurai Jack in his fight in an instant, without any climbing.

While your team is busy with my army of Hybrid Madrox clones, Samurai Jack, and Scorpion's constant teleporting, portals with kunai tipped spears flanking your team (without him even being there), Chief will have already gone up to Gabriel, let Cortana hack into it (or him), and have even more advantage in my battle. After that he will just Jet/Thrust-Pack back down to Earth and give further assistance.

And MJOLNIR Mark V armor alone have insane durability, so that alone would be massive trouble for your team.

• Yellow - Madrox Hybrid clones
  • Red - Auto Sentries
  • Orange - Scorpion
  • Green - Master Chief
  • White - Samurai Jack
  • Invisible - Holograms (nah I just forgot to add them. They will just go the same direction as Yellow)
No Caption Provided

Sorry if this isn't as good as you expected. I'm still kind of pooped that I had to re-write this from scratch and I had less time to type this up.

Dredeuced

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Dredeuced

Man we've got to be the wordiest battlers in this tourney. Let's get started!

It depends what type of portal Scorpion opens. If he opens a hell-fire portal it will probably hurt the people that enter it (minus himself). If he opens a regular portal and/or teleports someone with him, they won't be injured. The reason he can open his various portals is because he was revived by Shao Kahn, and Shao Kahn can open portals to different realms. Scorpion inherits downgraded versions of Shao Kahn's powers, such as teleportation, hell-fire manipulation, and also his ability to use portals in the realm he is in.
Skip to 1:49

Ok, I'd like a little context on this (I've actually watched that before, but it's been YEARS so I can't remember) -- is he teleporting to wherever he wishes with his portals like Blink does, or is he teleporting from anywhere he wants to a pre ordained spot (like his base in outworld, iirc?). I'm specifically asking for you to show me him opening a portal besides him and then opening a separate one, at a distance, to a place he can't see. This video, while showing he can open portals that do not harm others, doesn't show a standing portal nor him teleporting from place to place in combat with allies.

The hell-fire portals make a lot more sound, but the regular portals don't make as much sound. Not sure what you mean by motionless (they are stationary) or effectless.
No...Master Chief will just deploy his power-up and Scorpion use the power-up separately from the MJOLNIR armor. It requires no learning whatsoever. Master Chief has built-in camouflage anyways.

Thanks for the response here, but this part isn't too important since Cadence cleared up the prep. I doubt you're going to be sending a weirdly cloaked Scorpion on a scouting mission -- still brings up my question of him using active long distance portals in combat again, though.

Master Chief could easily fly to skyscraper levels using an expanded universe Thruster-Pack, let alone a Jet-Pack. Even if the Jet-Pack has to recharge mid-air, Chief would just use his Thruster Pack until the Jet-Pack recharges, and vice-versa. Master Chief (as well as all SPARTAN-II's) operate in space all the time. Even a malfunctioning Thruster Pack wielded by Kurt-051 could get to Gabriel.

- From Ghosts of Onyx (pg. 55)
And before you say that this also displays how weak the Thruster Pack is, Kurt's Thruster-Pack was rigged by the UNSC/ONI to malfunction to fake his disappearance (he was recruited to the top-secret mission to train the next generation of SPARTAN-III soldiers).
Extremely nerfed Thruster Pack in action (Skip to 0:42)
As you can see, Chief could reach Gabriel in a matter of minutes, and there he will use Cortana to hack into Gabriel and use them to his and his team's advantage. Cortana has hacked Covenant space-ships before, so Gabriel shouldn't be too much of a challenge.

This does not address my point in the slightest. Gabriel is in low orbit(it drops to high altitude to deliver weaponry and supplies so they don't burn up on re-entry, but alita shouldn't need supplies with Mobile Unit around and it being the start of the fight), flying up to a sky scraper's height isn't going to do squat. Good luck hacking Alita's systems, Destoy Nova tried it -- twice -- and failed both times(the second time she actually counter hacked him and made him fall in love with her, lol), and he's the greatest scientific mind in the TUNED series -- but it's irrelevant as you said he'd have to reach Gabriel, which nothing you're suggesting even mildly indicates he can. Like I said, show me Chief breaking the atmospheric barrier, because you'd have to go a LOT faster than that video shows to pull it off. I specifically asked you to show me Chief flying from ground level past the mesosphere, ain't no skyscrapers in the mesosphere.

Well John-117 is already 3x the speed of a peak human, and that's without his MJOLNIR armor, which multiplies his statistics by another factor of 5. This is without the help of his Thruster-Pack/Jet-Pack, which would also greatly help his speed in the race against Alita. Regardless I was only comparing speeds, as Chief at the beginning of the fight won't be engaging Alita.

Completely fair, I did something similar when I was just pointing out Alita's firepower -- not trying to directly compare, just stating ability.

James-005 helps push down a multi-ton monolith with his left arm burned off (pg. 208)

Oh, Alita's got some guns. And not the shooty kind:

I'd take Alita when it comes to muscle over Chief any day. Building falling on her? No probs, break off multi-ton piece a piece and throw it with one arm without so much as a flinch.

Kelly-087, another SPARTAN-II, displaying amazing speed (pg. 208)
John, fresh out of augmentations and without his MJOLNIR suit, attempts to calculate his speed (pg. 64-65
Master Chief showing that he sees combat in slow-motion (pg.256)

All impressive, but every single one of my members has super speed reaction timing (I believe everyone on your team but Madrox does, as well, assuming later in the post you respond to my questioning of Scorpion's reactions). Speed isn't an issue, Alita's got combat speed to match or exceed these as I've demonstrated. I could also go and post the Gorgon bullet reflecting and triple slice feats and Netero's combat with a guy who is much faster than spider-man, but it seems unnecessary. Chief's got some pretty great sprint speed, though.

While there may be some elements of PIS there, I firmly believe that the result of the battle would have been the same. I mean The Thing's attacks aren't anything but kinetic energy, and its possible for Madrox to overwhelm The Thing. He has beaten similar foes before.
Tanks Class 10 punch
Overwhelms She-Hulk
And yes, his powers revolve around kinetic energy. Anything that emits kinetic energy will not hurt Madrox nearly as much as other types of energy, and will duplicate him.

I wasn't arguing against his ability to dog pile thing or she-hulk class characters (though I'd like to see the further scans of that fight with She-Hulk for context sake). But you were using a loooong gone Classic feat (we try to avoid some of the nuttier classic stuff) of Madrox punching thing so hard pieces of his body start flying off. I wasn't questioning his kinetic resistance -- you clearly demonstrated that with his resistance of cyclops. So, anything that emits kinetic energy? So explosions and cutting weapons don't hurt him either, nor bullets? I'm specifically asking you, as I did earlier, what does hurt him? My team has all sorts of energy based attacks and, like I said, Alita can just make the Missile Bees and Arachnos ignore Jamie if you've got feats of him multiplying from, say, a grenade or a rocket. If need be I'll sic fire flies and have Liara focus plasma fire on him, but if you're telling me he resists ultra hot temperatures and multiplies then I'm gonna have to call in cadence for a durability ruling.

I know you never denied it, I was just confirming it with feats. And Master Chief has dodged numerous bullets before, as well as even faster weaponry such as plasma fire, etc. He also views everything in slow-motion, so that helps a lot.
Oh, and super-sonic is anything faster than sound, and that's actually not that fast.
Super-sonic speed : 343 meters per second plus
Handgun : 300 meters per second plus
Rifles : 1341 meters per second

I actually brought up something similar to this in my original post about Jack blindfolding himself, lol. Alita's got point blank bullet dodging feats, too (as does Gorgon and, while Netero doesn't technically, he is faster than Hunters who do. Powerscaling a bit but Netero has limited showings, only going up against the baddest monster in the series in a suicide mission). The one I posted earlier where she shoots a grin at her attacker is point blank while another cyborg is grappling with her -- I'd be happy to post it with the previous panel to prove it if you want :). Here's Liara dodging near point blank weapon's fire from futuristic weapons(as fewer people have seen Liara's scans):

As the feats below suggest, Chief can easily dodge gun-fire of weaponry that is far superior to the armory we have today, so they are probably even deadlier, as well as faster than those basic calculations. We're talking UNSC technology from the year 2550 onward and Covenant/Forerunner technology that make UNSC weapons look like toy guns.
A SPARTAN-II jumps/flips to avoid stun rounds (same speed as lethal rounds) (pg.72)
Master Chief (without armor and as a teenager) dodges a point-blank shot (pg.73)
Master Chief dodging more live, lethal rounds (pg.117)

Excellent, these put him on par with what I was asking for -- clear bullet dodging reactions and limb movement speed (obviously none of our characters run as fast as a bullet or they'd break the spidey speed rule, lol). So it's a battle of marksmen shooting at people who look at slow ass bullets and go "heh, whatevs." XD Admittedly, Alita has shot a bullet out of the air (still the best reaction and aim feat I've seen in the thread so far), but bullets can't dodge nor react, so it's a little moot when shooting at Chief. How would chief deal with dozens of flying smart bombs or burrowing smart bomb spiders? I mean, I suppose he could shoot the wings off a fly, but if a dozen flies were blitzing him I imagine he'd take some damage. Does his camo hide him from thermalvision and sonar? Just a passing question, as these are the ranges of vision open to Alita and Gabriel.

Stryker has decent aim, although nothing among the likes of Bullseye or Deadshot, he's pretty good. He was the only survivor of his Riot/Police force since Shao Kahn chose specifically him to be a contender in the Mortal Kombat Tournament, and stole all the souls of the other civilians. He can also shoot accurately mid-air, while jumping, flipping, etc.
Scorpion doesn't have a lot of comic-book scans, thus very little feats, but here's what I have so far.
Scorpion fighting Sub-Zero
Sub-Zero himself stating how hard it is to truly kill Scorpion

Hmmm, still kind of lacking for reaction. I said I believed you that he has dodged stryker before, but is there nothing in the EU that puts him near the speeds most of your and my guys work at?

The spiritual survival thing is cool, but I imagine if we destroyed Scorpion's body and he turned into a spirit and flew away swearing vegeance...he'd still be out of the fight, right? :P

Madrox can duplicate from bullets, as they have immense kinetic energy. If Madrox duplicates from Thing/She-Hulk hits, I think he could tank a bullet. And Multiple Man isn't immune to all forms of damage per-say, only more toughened against them because of his power (enough force will still harm him, albeit he'll still duplicate). And what do you mean human shield?
Madrox overwhelming HYDRA (who do use guns)

Excellent, then as I said, Alita will resist using normal gunfire on him and will instead go for Chief/Jack/Scorpion, none of who, I imagine, are bullet immune (though obviously Jack slices bullets as fast as anyone and you've clearly provided Chief dodging feats). Can you show me him vs a Grenade or rocket of some sort? As I said, Alita can direct the Bees and Arachnos away from Jamie after the first couple obvious multiplies, since we do know his basic powerset. I'd be more than willing to say that He'd get a handful of easy clones off from this process, especially if he tries to enter the building to get up the easy way, as I've specifically said I want to keep Jamie grounded and away from the entrances so the arachnos will blow them up once he enters.

On the Human Shield thing: I was saying Jamie would intentionally try to get in the way of Alita's fire or get close to his teammates if the Bees/Arachnos blow up so he can get some clones going. But that's hardly relevant if Jack's jumping up and Chief is jetpacking up (still waiting on Scorpion's portal conjuring being 20m+ so he can easily get to the top of the building, though).

What I meant by Jack covering my team, I didn't mean my entire team, I just meant if something does go wrong, he could cover the teammate that is under fire/attack, since his speed is significant enough to do so. And yes Jack has been under attack from different types of enemies, under different angles, and various types of attacks. He has defeated a group of robots that were powered by Aku, had adamantium armor, and created by a genius intellect scientist.
Jack defeating Ultra-Robots
  • Jack's first encounter with the Ultra-Robots (Skip to 2:24 and mute the video)
  • Jack's second encounter with the Ultra-Robots (Skip to 3:38 and mute the video)
  • Jack unleashing his/his sword's full potential (Skip to 5:00 and mute the video)

The ultra bot fight is cool but it's not the same kind of thing I'm mentioning. Jack's also been overwhelmed by mook robots and taken some decent injuries from them (when he's helping the dogs, for instance), despite usually coming out victorious. I'm not questioning Jack's ability to cut things with his gauntlet, either -- that said, I doubt my team would let him sit there and pray to get his god endowed swipe going :P Ultra bot PIS! lol I'm sure Jack could survive the onslaught of Bees and Arachnos better than most (SR TUNED Units come with dozens of each drone in their side mounted holsters), but I'm sure there'd be SOME difficulty, even for Jack, in dealing with all of that and gunfire from Liara and Alita. It might be alleviated by Chief and Scorpion getting their fair share of focus, but it seems to me that, if Jack has to use his speed and skills to cover for his team, then you're already fighting off the back foot. Chief is one Stasis + Bot swarm away(the idea being that during the 13-20 second stasis invulnerability time, Alita's Bots would Swarm Chief's unmoving body and blow up/emit a plasma burn out when it goes down. It's one of my Team's more powerful and lethal combos) from getting taken out if you can't force my team out of their position quickly enough -- though Jack would be immune to the Stasis Bot Swarm combo.

Oh the Mondo-Bot is extremely aggressive, and he was trying to fight Jack. Also I was mainly posting that video only to show that Alita's destructive weapon isn't something Samurai Jack is unfamiliar with, as he easily dodged Mono-Bot's laser in the beginning of that video.

Mondo-Bot's capablities (skip to 2:14)

That's cool and all but, I mean, it's a big hulking thing that seems to be pretty slow on the uptake. I don't think Jack dodged a laser so much as it missed(good Aim dodging feat, still), as if Jack is fast enough and reactive enough to dodge a light speed attack then 1: My team won't hit him and 2: he ain't slower than Spiderman.

And Forerunner weaponry are very powerful. They are capable of disrupting/destroying molecules without even penetrating people's armors. Master Chief is able to tank these shots from The Librarian's upgrade and his MJOLNIR armor's shields. Alita's weaponry (or Liara's) shouldn't harm John that much at all.
Chief tanks a full-on "composing" blast from Cryptum, the Didact's ship (Skip to 21:35)

For one, tanking means you take a hit without being phased in the slightest -- being KO'd for an indeterminate amount of time is not tanking something (though it's still a great durability feat). That said, are the Librarian's defenses specifically tailored to Forerunner weaponry? I'm not a complete stranger to Halo games, I know for a fact that Chiefs shield used to get absolutely wrecked by covenant plasma weapons, and both Alita and Liara have that. Getting onto the rest of the forerunner stuff:

More information on the Forerunner weaponry
Oh yeah and Master Chief has every single one of these weapons. 1-3 shots from these weapons (1 from the Incineration Cannon) would completely dissolve any of your teammates.

Calling in for a ruling here. What you're describing sounds amazingly more powerful than Iron Man's repulsors -- though I realize we skirted the rules a bit in this tournament(I too have a character who breaks the Iron Man repulsor rule in Netero, but that's ONLY with a suicide attack, which I cleared specifically with Cadence first), this isn't a minor thing, it sounds like he's got automatic weapons fire that's significantly stronger than anything I believed we were allowed to have in this tourney. If he's vaporizing people through Biotic and armor shields and Wolverine level regen (which ALL of my characters have -- Netero and Alita[and Alita has increased durability and Netero has a super durable construct] have the perk, Gorgon has Wolverine level regen, and Liara has two sets of solid shields) then I'm extremely skeptical of what Chief brings to the table.

That said, I'll still contest that my team has the advantage still because nothing you've stated of your upgrades or weaponry makes me think he can do anything to stop Liara's Singularities or Stasis from stopping chief dead in his tracks and allowing Alita to set a Firefly or 10 on him while the rest of your team is Blitzing us due to their melee necessity. If you're telling me Chief's durability can resist blinding hot plasma flares chain burning him then I guess he's just incapacitated for a spell while we go 3 on 4 (kind of, still not sure about Scorpion's TP or Jamie's ability to get near my team).

Well Auto-Sentries can shoot effectively in mid to long range. Plus they're incredibly durable, as they can tank a couple Forerunner shots before going down (more than I can say for nearly anyone in this Tournament). Jack's arrows could still hurt Netero and Gorgon if aimed properly. And again, I think Scorpion can counter the Singularities with his portals, and even if he can't keep up with all of them, we'll have plenty of Auto-Sentries anyways. Weapon-swapping for Auto-Sentries is completely false, and was only gameplay. Chief, like Liara, also has a couple second (maybe a bit more) delay for his perks, but that won't matter with my strategy.

I addressed the Forerunner weapon's thing already, but as I said, the Auto Sentries should, like Chief, be easily disabled for a bit by Liara's Stasis or Singularity, then handled with Missile Bees and Fireflies. Since Liara's already aiming her powers at Chief (as I previously stated she could stasis/singularity chief in this post, so I'm not double timing you here and saying Liara can do more things at once than she can), the Sentries would definitely get caught in the high aoe range these abilties have.

Jack's arrows should be a non issue. I don't think there's any proof that Jack's archery can even come close to affecting my Team's reaction time and durability (as I said, regen and shields on everyone). You also stated he was actively covering everyone on your team should they need it AND blitzing to the top to take out Liara. Jacks' fast, but not that fast! :D

For the readers who aren't aware of Netero or Gorgon's capabilities, it's been awhile since I posted a scan to back myself up, so here's a look at my other two characters!

A little preface for this -- Isaac Netero, in these upcoming scans, is against Meryem, the Chimera Ant King. Meryem is MASSIVELY hypersonic+, and astronomically faster and stronger than Netero himself is. Through a combination of years of training and mastery in his skill and an unmatched reaction time, Isaac uses the unbelievable complex defensive capabilites of his multiple hand construct to defend against this opponent who would otherwise instantly kill him with his absurd stats and intelligence:

There is a reason I stated that Isaac is running defense for Liara and Alita, and it's not because he lacks range or versatility -- Isaac is, by his own admission, a fighter who waits for his opponent to act first. His style, while capable of insane offensive output, is best suited to weaving complex defenses through the use of dozens of hands and counter striking. While my team has two incredibly versatile ranged characters with Liara's biotics and Alita's drone spam, they don't come close to the defensive technique and counter attacking prowess that Netero holds. While Alita is my early MVP for her scouting and ranged versatility, Isaac, on this chessboard, is my Queen. I need not remind you that this reaction power is further amped by the Red Eye drug perk, so make of that what you will (obviously all of our characters are featless with the perks so we'll have to do some powerscaling). Isaac eventually did lose this fight against Meryem, who's hyper evolution makes him superior in speed, strength, and even skill -- but that's ONLY because, after hundreds of thousands of exchanged blows (I can confirm this with a scan, if you want), the King found the slightest flaw in his defenses and took off his leg and arm with a sharp swipe. Even if you could somehow make the argument that Jack is both faster, more skilled, and more durable than Meryem (I'd laugh in your face), with Wolverine's regen this no longer comes as a problem. I dare you to say Jack's arrows or blitz can take down Netero, I don't think there's a better defensive character in the tourney -- and that's why I picked him.

Frankly, the only reason Netero fits this tournament is because his speed, durability and strength/striking fall under the restrictions, but the restrictions make no mention of rapidity, and when you've got a Hindu God Statue with dozens of arms under your control, rapidity becomes a big deal, both in striking and deflecting.

Actually, that tired me out. I'm gonna move on. If anyone wants me to feat spam Gorgon in my next post, then I'd gladly oblige. Gorgon may have to take on Scorpion (Assuming he can TP himself and Jack up there, still skeptical) or the Madrox clones, depending on the way this battle plays out and whether or not cutting = kinetic energy (A madrox scan of him multiplying after a slice would settle this, though I'm already leaning on Gorgon initiating a fight with Scorpion while Liara and Alita deal with Madrox and Chief at range).

No. They're not even that close, and the buildings will cover the location of Chief to spam-er...I mean spawn a whole bunch of Holograms to distract at least Liara.

...Gabriel? My team would be very aware of it. The battlefield is pretty small, you wouldn't get a lot of time to set this up and, frankly, it'd put you at a disadvantegous position if Chief is sitting there throwing up holograms when Liara and Alita pick him out easily (thanks to Alita's scouting) and start firing upon securing position. Also, this is like, the fourth thing you've said chief starts off the fight doing. First he's flying up to gabriel, next he's shooting out auto sentry, next he's matching Alita's speed to the tower position, next he's setting up holograms. Unless Master Chief's name is Wally West, he isn't doing 20 things at once. Most of this stuff requires him going through lengthy unpriming and repriming of new guns and crap, too. While this may sound a little hypocritical as I also have Alita releasing tons of armaments, her body and gear is set up specifically to toss those things out from multiple small ports on her body at the same time, so it's hardly the same case. You shouldn't try to make Chief match Alita in the speed they can output their armaments.

Also, Holograms wouldn't mean jack crap to Liara's biotics. They're all AoE anyhow.

And wouldn't Gorgon, with his telepathy, be extremely disorientated from all the different thoughts the Jamie Madrox clones have? I could imagine a hundred or so voices chattering at once being very annoying.

No such luck, Gorgon has assaulted Shield bases with hundreds of members on board and fought in huge battles before and has never had trouble with his TP. There also wouldn't be hundreds of Jamies around, I think you're overstating the speed at which Jamie and my team would enact his powers.

Liara is also another weak link in my strategy (or strong link whichever angle you view it). Sure, they'll know which is a Hologram and which is a Madrox MJOLNIR clone, but in battle they won't have time to point out every single Hologram and/or clone. There will be so many troops swarming I doubt that tactic will work 100% of the time, and one slip-up could mean her death.

Why is that? I've already got Alita drones intentionally homing in on your main cast, it would be trivial of my team to point out that "hey, the one's alita's drones are going for are the real ones" If you want me to make that the stipulation of my prep, sure, but it's hardly a weak link. As I said, Alita's scouting is an obscene advantage. Also it doesn't matter which one of Jamie is a clone, since the original one isn't special once he's cloned himself (if you take out the original, another one takes his place and whatnot). My team will have to deal with the clones anyhow. The only issue is the original chief, and that's hardly an issue at all. Also I contest the "1 slip up could mean her death" thing. Mass Effect Armor shields are pretty solid, not to mention her natural Biotic shield she has (she can keep them up while using other powers). I didn't give Liara the regen perk because she's got solid tech defenses already.

You do know your team isn't the only generator of my clones? Madrox could do it himself in seconds. Jamie will have the MJOLNIR, and that will be a major factor in the refinery, but I'll explain that later. And even without MJOLNIR, Jamie could just do this :

Also some more feats of how fast Madrox can duplicate my himself :
Duplicating by tapping his feet really quickly

Again, duplicating by tapping his feat swiftly

I know, I know, I was clearly expecting Madrox to use his power of his own accord for sure -- I never stated he'd have NO clones, that'd just be silly, just that my team wouldn't stupidly and actively keep furthering his ability intentionally. That said, those scans don't seem to be incredibly rapid, and him climbing a small wall slowly by forming a human pyramid is a little silly and hardly gonna help, but since you say you explain how he'll get up there easily, I'll just leave that be.

I already explained how fast Chief's jetpack will really go in the Expanded Universe, and I'll explain later why Jamie won't have to climb up the entire refinery. Plus even if Liara attempts to use a Singularity on him mid-air, he'll just use his Thruster Pack and do propel himself in a different direction of the attack like this :

Singularity stops all movement, but even then, that doesn't counter stasis + swarm strat (I was gonna save this but you're debating too well so I had to bring it up earlier in the tourney than I'd like lol) Stasis completely halts all movements and powers at the cost of leaving those affected by it invincible until it wears off (unless you have a specific ability that Liara doesn't). This works perfectly with Alita, who has smart drones who can set up traps that will burn and blow chief up a dozen times over. This should easily neutralize the auto sentry(honestly the drones should be able to do it alone but eh) and at the very least disable chief for a large chunk of the fight and damage him afterwards.

If somehow Chief gets tagged, it won't even hurt him in the slightest, as John has tanked atmospheric re-entry before without being hurt.

Looks to me like that piece of Hull is doing most of the work. I get that he can survive the impact but that's not quite as relevant when he's taking rpg level explosions and 5 second plasma balls to him.

I wasn't aware that Gorgon and Netero were right behind Liara. Anyways, that won't be a problem since Samurai Jack won't have a problem with Gorgon or Netero (well Netero will be a tough fight but not as much for Gorgon). First of all, Gorgon might accidentally look into Jack's sword, and that won't end well, as his word is shiiiiiiiny!

Haha, funny, but Gorgon learned that lesson vs Wolverine. That's why he wears that fancy mask with the see through eye holes that don't let his his glow :P That said, I wouldn't have Gorgon intercept Jack, anyhow, that'd be a terrible matchup for him, as Jack has a psy shield and, as you said, a shiny weapon. Dare I say, Jack is by far Gorgon's worst matchup here!

Second of all, Netero is extremely impressive, but I don't think its anything Jack hasn't faced before.
Jack fights a huge, beast-like monster (Skip to 1:42 and mute the video)
Jack battles the first wave of warriors (Skip to 3:14 and mute the video)
Jack battles the second wave of warriors (Skip to 4:45 and mute the video)
Jack fights an entire army of warriors/monsters (Skip to 5:38 and mute the video)

I am so glad you went with the Jack vs Netero. While you say Netero isn't anything Jack has faced before, I, even mockingly so, say that ain't even a little true. Netero's a whole nother beast from everything you've shown in that video.

Netero having super/hyper-sonic attacks are cool and all, but Jack consistently dodges laser weaponry, machine gun fire, magical energy blasts, enchanted weaponry, and even fought The Scotsman for days (yes, literally days) straight before wearing out. I already addressed what qualifies as super-sonic, and futuristic weaponry and machine gun fire probably something Jack dodges with ease every episode in Samurai Jack. To be honest Jack hasn't lost to anyone other than tying with The Scotsman, Aku escaping from his grasp, and The Guardian (who protected the time portal for eonsand had far more versatile weapons).

Netero is a far sight harder to dodge than that. Also, you want endurance? Netero LAUGHS at your endurance:

Yeah, you read that right. Isaac Netero spent two straight years of the utmost training without eating or drinking. You think Jack is a badass? Isaac Netero invented badass. That said, this fight obviously won't last for days, and clearly won't last for two years, so despite my absolute love of Netero training vigorously for 2 straight years, I'd say that it's kind of moot. Just showing off. :)

Jack's got tons of great dodging and has defeated a lot of great opponents, but his win/loss record isn't much of a big deal. We're not arguing Jack vs characters in his cartoon. The only major fight Netero has ever been in was a decided loss, maybe a draw if you count blowing yourself up with a nuke to beat your opponent a draw. That's a pretty crap record (though he's got lots of stories talking of him as a legend, it's not really relevant), but records don't mean much in a battle. Netero's got absurd skills and a monolithic construct of attacking speed. I'm sure Jack could dodge one attack (I'm actually not, Meryem did comment on how amazingly fast Netero's Ichi no Te was, but I'll give jack the benefit of the doubt), but could he dodge thousands? Hundreds of thousands? Could he dodge this?

The Kyuu Jyuu Kyuu no Te

Now, I know what you might say: Dredeuced, isn't that clearly more powerful than Iron Man's repulsor? Well of course, Iron Man can't take out a large area like that with one repulsor shot -- but Isaac is merely repeating his attack thousands of times, simulating an attack of that magnitude with sheer speed rather than power. It is as if he used the Ichi no Te:

Thousands of times. And I believe Iron Man's repulsor is of similar strength to one Ichi No Te (blast large chunks out of solid rock and whatnot). Note -- when Meryem says he could not see the attack coming, that's a bit misleading. He can clearly react to the hand attacks Netero uses(does so later in the fight), he cannot, however, see Netero's prayer gesture, as Netero initiates it so fast it leaves afterimages. Just pre-emptively countering you saying Jack attacks him inbetween prayer hand motions -- Netero's praying is far too fast for Jack to stop, he can only react to the Hyakushiki Kannon itself, otherwise Meryem would have interrupted the praying instead of wading through hundreds of thousands of attacks and parries during their fight (Meryem has mountain level durability and is massively hypersonic+ himself. If he was in this tournament he'd likely sweep with a psy shield).

As I said, I was more than willing to turn this into Netero vs Jack. This is just Netero on his own, he's also got Bane's strength (not really relevant, as he attacks with a construct) Bullettimer's speed (very important, he moves and commands his attack even faster and I'll be damned if you say Jack can tag him with an above the limit speed boost) and obviously regen, which counters Meryem's very difficult but winning strategy of analyzing hundreds of thousands of his moves to find the slightest weakpoint in his defenses to merely remove his leg, and thousands more to remove his arm (at this point Netero double suicide attacks him and the rest is history).

He has to jump up to the refinery to get to them right? Unless it is one-story level. Your team won't have full-map awareness forever, and Probe Lice could be detected with MJOLNIR radar. Regardless I don't really need too much of an element of surprise. Jamie can clone himself in seconds just by tapping his foot. Not sure if Madrox can tank a rocket-blast, but even if he can't he can duplicate from it (although the one that got hit directly may be killed). It really won't matter as the duplicates will clone unscathed.

If Chief's radar could and would pick up the probe lice, that's nice I guess, but as I showed you in the scan, Alita drops dozens of them, just like arachnos and Missile bees. These things are TINY despite their efficacy. As you might guess by the name, they're the size of a louse. That's why she drops so many and has so many without exhausting her supply easily. If Chief wants to waste his time firing and throwing grenades at every louse then sure, I guess. If you're conceding that Jamie has survived and pragmatically increased his number from RPG level attacks, then the Arachnobots could surely get through that. They're powerful enough to take out large concrete walls, so they're rpg+ level. Obviously mjolnir armor would lessen that, but if the bees could get his shield down and the arachnos pile up on him, it could blow him to pieces while halting the cloning.

That said, that's a lot of assumptions and I'm not comfortable making them. I'll just stick to plasma weaponry, cutting, and biotics to neutralize and kill the clones. But they're the least of my worries as Jamie is clearly the slowest member on the team who struggles to climb a 10 foot wall. :P (I say this jokingly. Jamie's powers have given me the most trouble debating around so far, I just think it'll take him long to enforce his abilities and make a big impact on the fight for speed reasons.)

Madrox just needs to touch the belly (or any other inside area of the character) and selectively choose to clone them inside the opponent's insides. He has very precise duplicating abilities.

I know this is a battle but uh...isn't Jamie kind of adverse to doing those things? The one scan you showed of it seemed to be him desperate and almost scared. We're not bloodlusted (which is why I picked 3 characters who are unrepentant killers and Netero, who does not like to kill, but is my defense and well he has blown up a nuke in his face to kill a big enough threat).

They're not stupid, but almost any attack they issue out will do nothing but strengthen my numbers. It really doesn't matter if their attacks are controlled or a huge swarm. I highly doubt they have anything in their arsenal that doesn't involve some form of kinetic energy, and even if they do, they'll be so many Madrox clones, plus Auto-Sentries to combat them. Also they will be weakened when Gabriel turns to my side (or at least lose some form of leadership).

A lot of assumptions here. How many auto sentries do you think Chief can get off? What's the ammo limit on them? Seems to be relatively limited in how many he can use at once, as well.

And it does matter if their attacks are controlled or not. If not, they'd wrecklessly attack whoever's closest to them and either be a friendly fire hazard or Jamie's playground (though you did say high level explosions can possibly kill Jamie). How will any attack strength your numbers? How does a Missile Bee exploding in Scorpion's face increase your numbers? Is jamie going to be hugging Scorpion? I understand that collateral damage and Jamie's self activation will get his numbers up, but not to hundreds and not willingly by my team.

I contest Gabriel turning to your side. Alita has two solid anti hacking feats and you yourself said Chief had to fly up there to get Cortana into it, and I've already countered that by pointing out how impossible it is for chief to reach past the mesosphere with his jump pack. Also, the other drones are not directly controlled by Gabriel. So even if you hacked it (contested) or disabled it some other way, they'd still work, and Alita would still have the probe lice to mark things.

Area control/denial or controlled attacks, again, won't do anything but insure my advance as they will near undoubt-ably just grow my Madrox clones even more. I, also, addressed already that you don't have to spawn all my characters for me. And if you choose not to attack me with kinetic energy, how will you hurt my clones?

Where does this logic come from? I did say that Jamie would get clones from the explosive Mayhem for sure, but it's not to the detriment of my team if they suppress, disable, and kill your other members. If you think Jamie is soloing this, you're out of your mind. Unless he's also immune to cutting and Plasma, my team's got plenty of ways to handle the clones that manage to climb themselves up.

I'm not an expert in Plasma SMG's and what-not, but if they emit kinetic energy it'll duplicate Madrox. However, if it is powerful enough, it will kill the original Madrox clone you were intending to eliminate. Multiple Man is allowed because his durability itself isn't Luke Cage, its just his duplication slightly enhances his durability, and duplicates him, causing the illusion of him being invincibly durable.

I'd guess plasma weaponry projects some small level of kinetic energy, but everything does. Fireflies just create a sphere of burning plasma that burns for five seconds in a 5 meter sphere. If jamie were the last member left due to never diminishing numbers, I guess I'd have to win based defeating your other members (which I think I've done a smash up job thusfar) and having Gorgon cut em up while Alita fireflies each Jamie's head into vaporized nothing. If Jamie literally can't ever run out of clones despite explosive, cutting, bullets, and plasma, or energy projection, then the only thing I can think of besides that is telepathy -- which doesn't cause kinetic force, but no telepaths of the level allowed in this tourney can kill with a pure telepathic assault so ehhh. Until you can say that a burning plasma sphere just results in more Jamie's, or cutting him in half just results in more Jamie's, then I'll leave it at that.

I already clarified how Scorpion can open ranged portals/teleport to various places, and even if he can't, in-game his teleportation/portals revolve around the location of the opponent, so that will only harm your team as well.

I've played the mortal kombat games. In game teleportation is limited to a dinky little screen which doesn't give his teleportation range close to what you're saying he's trying to do, much less his portals, which are not the same thing as his combat TP. If Scorpion, by himself, instantly appears behind my team, then I'll gladly sick Gorgon on him. Gorgon's feats, telepathy, and regen, should give him a massive edge over Scorpion.

And I meant counter-Singularity as in using my portals to cut off your Singularities (as they will be near, if not directly at the same location of Liara's attacks). If they somehow explode anyways, Scorpion can always teleport out of the way.

I'm still not understanding how this works. Singularities are a large aoe sphere that pulls enemies towards it and blows up after a given time or when Liara commands it to. I don't see how portals affect this power.

Multiple seconds and silly stances? Those are video game dramatizations. Not that hard to tell. They call them Fatalities and the audience of the game expects a flashy death-scene. In the fast-paced Expanded Universe, they don't do that because they want the comic/show to go on.

Proof? Like I said, I'm most skeptical, of all your claims, of what Scorpion is capable of. You make him sound like a Blink level teleporter and I'm not buying it. I concede that the silly stances and time consuming gestures to create the portals are probably overdramatization, but you're the one who used the video. It was your prerogative to show it -- if you wanted to show me Scorpion using his portals at long distance without windup then it wouldn't have been an issue in the first place.

Aku is very well nigh-omnipotent. He can shape-shift, warp reality and time, create Robot-Armies as well as a demon that can revive ancient warriors, inferior to none other than Odin, Ra, and Vishu, conquered the entire planet Earth and recruited warriors from other galaxies (as well as making them inhabit Earth), etc. etc.
Samurai Jack (as well as Samurai Lord, his father), seems to be the only people Aku hasn't been able to kill (maybe Samurai Lord since Aku kept him as a prisoner to mine). It may be because the gods have blessed them. That being said, Aku is a lot vastly more powerful than anyone in this entire tournament, so even if you don't view him as nigh-omnipotent, he could mop the floor with both of our teams (minus Jack himself) in minutes at the most.

Aku is, like, the leaking puddle out of the sealed tree or whatever from the original fight. He's got nothing that so much as even mildly places him at nigh omnipotent. If he were nigh omnipotent, then a regular human, even a very skilled and powerful one, would cease to exist if he willed it. Being just short of omnipotence doesn't let you get beat by Jack. Odin, Ra, and Vishnu don't have particularly stated levels of power in Samurai Jack, either. Conquering earth and creating interstellar trade is cool, but not relevant. Jack doesn't beat someone who is nigh omnipotent.

There are some characters in this tourney I'm not so sure about. Also, Gorgon is a vastly skilled warrior who has a weapon called Godkiller, which he used to kill the God of Fear. You're not the only guy around here with a badass with a magic sword forged by gods made to kill other gods on their team. :P

Holograms would at the very least endanger Liara, and the Jamie clones are independent and not dependent on your team's accidental help. I'm pretty sure I already established how and why Scorpion uses portals/teleports.
Scorpion vs. Gorgon is cool, but won't turn out good for you since Scorpion is far more versatile (hellfire manipulation, greatly enhanced durability, able to transform into giant literal scorpion, cannot turn into stone, etc.).

Addressed Holograms multiple times, a complete non issue. Liara's junk is AOE anyhow. I contest Scorpion vs Gorgon, Scorpion's been taken out by lesser enemies than Gorgon before(you even posted Sub-zero schooling him in this very thread), and until you produce some better reaction/skill feats, I find it questionable that you compare him to Gorgon, a guy who took out Wolverine and Elektra, who were prepped to the bone, like they were chumps. Also, talk about enhanced durability, super healing factor much? Being a big scorpion is cool but that just makes him a bigger target that's easy to slice up. Also, again, Gorgon has the Godkiller. I think that'd phase Scorpion, no matter how magically weird his durability is.

I'm still confident that Jack can defeat Netero, but even if he can't it will be by a slim margin that will easily be made up by Auto-Sentry support, as well as infantry from Jamie Madrox MJOLNIR clones.

I don't think Jack stands a chance against Netero with the Red EyeVenom perk. I don't think your Auto Sentries come close to the fire support Alita's drones give, either. The one video you posted of them is highly unimpressive, and the amount you can put out is both questionable and time consuming, unlike Alita, who just spits out dozens upon hundreds of drones without interrupting her own combat in the slightest. Ain't no stopping for five seconds to reload and fire, and then swap back to a normal gun, for her. I'd definitely take 1 auto sentry over any one thing Alita can put out, but not hundreds.

Well the HUD from the MJOLNIR armors will prevent Gorgon from looking directly into any of the Madrox clones or Master Chief himself's eyes, so I don't think that would work on them, and even if it did, there are far too many clones to take out. Also if the Madrox clones overwhelm Gorgon they could pounce on him and either
A) Duplicate themselves inside his body, killing him (or at least taking him out)
B) Remove his blindfold, resulting in him turning himself to stone from various shiny objects from MJOLNIR (although a few of the clones themselves may go down too in the process).

Ok, this is the weakest argument so far besides the Scorpion portals one. Gorgon's used his powers on guys with visors, it's practically magic. It's about you seeing his eyes, not him staring at you, as seen in his fight with Phobos where he looked directly into Phobos eyes and a bunch of other people got stoned.

A) Out of character, unlikely to happen. You seem to take Gorgon as a bruising chump who's easily caught.

B) Again, not gonna happen. Also, it's not a blindfold, it's a mask. Kind of like Robin's. He can see through it just fine.

Madrox swarm will have major issues both getting swarm numbers up and scaling the top of the building. Even then the Arachnos can set up microfilament traps to prevent him from scaling.

Scorpion's white eyes with is mask on is actually an illusion. His real appearance is his plain skull.
- From Mortal Kombat Wikia

You got me here. I concede that Gorgon cannot stone stare Scorpion, though I think it's less of an issue as Gorgon doesn't like to resort to the stare anyhow.

Samurai Jack won't fight the entire battle blind-folded. That's silly. He'll have a blindfold at the beginning of the battle, and only put it on when either Gorgon appears, or when Gorgon starts to pull off his own blindfold off. Also the arrows were a lot faster than regular arrows from the magic, and were extremely accurate. They may not be as fast as bullets though, but that won't matter if Jack isn't fighting the entire mini-war in darkness.

This is a much better plan, though you and I have already committed a lot of words to Netero vs Jack, so it shouldn't be too relevant. That said, he could hear the arrows before they hit him, so they were definitely going much slower than bullets. Several times slower than any high caliber weapon my team is using. Accuracy does not make up for speed -- if Jack was to rely on hearing vs Guns, he'd get shot, because you can't hear guns before the bullet reaches you.

True, but he has shown exceptional skill in dual-wielding shields. Regardless, if Jack prefers wielding one sword at a time, he would keep the other sword as a back-up if his main sword somehow gets away from his reach. Scorpion is skilled in dual wield weapons, as he carries around 2 katanas on his back.

Excellent, I have no issues with any of this. Has Jamie duplicated magic? There's a difference between duplicating tech and magic. If Scorpion was already dual wielding then it shouldn't be much of an issue, I guess his second hand would be flaming as well, but it shouldn't change the outcome of the fight much.

Multiple Man can still duplicate inside different types of clothing, suits, etc. That's why his jacket also duplicates when its free-flowing in the wind. And Madrox slapping himself was more of a joke xD I wasn't serious.

Haha it's cool, I was just joshing with you. I understand that Jamie duplicates his clothing and gear, otherwise all those clones would be naked, lol.

Plan
Since everyone is in a private briefing room for 45 minutes and can analyze the battlefield, they'll introduce each other, their powers, abilities, and advantages. When Master Chief sees that Madrox also has MJOLNIR armor, he will automatically know he should give him some of the perk power-ups he has. Jack and Scorpion will also lend their equipment so that he can clone them. Once he has cloned them, he will give the weapons back to each respective character, plus two-fold from him cloning himself numerous times. From there, he will have clones with MJOLNIR armor, all the different perks Chief has, a Samurai Jack sword, Scorpion's Mugai Ryu sword, and Forerunner weapons that could nearly one-shot any of your teammates. So basically he's a hybrid of everything good my other combatants possess, in a form of an army.

Once the battle starts, there will be four Madrox clone generators, who will camp back and do nothing but tap their feet, crack their knuckles, and more to keep duplicating more and more Madrox clone hybrids. I mean they are rapidly tapping their feet on the ground. Try that out right now...just tapping your feet on the floor. Could you count how many times you did it? No, because it was way too many times. Now imagine that times 4. Yeah..that's a lot. And since they have all the perks, they will deploy regeneration fields at their "spawning" point to protect them from harm. Then, once the Madrox hybrid infantry marches in, they will all deploy Auto-Sentries. This is my line of defense that will protect my side of the field, as well as cover-fire. As each new wave of clones appear/march in, they will again, deploy another Auto-Sentry wave, making any destroyed Sentries be replaced, or just more Sentries stacking up in my favor. They would also deploy Holograms to confuse Liara. Also since Chief has Thruster/Jet-Packs, the Jamie Madrox Hybrid clones will also have them, and be able to help Samurai Jack in his fight in an instant, without any climbing.

While your team is busy with my army of Hybrid Madrox clones, Samurai Jack, and Scorpion's constant teleporting, portals with kunai tipped spears flanking your team (without him even being there), Chief will have already gone up to Gabriel, let Cortana hack into it (or him), and have even more advantage in my battle. After that he will just Jet/Thrust-Pack back down to Earth and give further assistance.

Gonna need another ruling here. If you're allowed to use the offsite preptime to create hundreds of clones all decked out with Master Chief's best gear (which I'm not sure he'd even be able to lift, but whatever), then I concede the match. There's no possible way for my team to counter an army that's too big to fit inside the arena firing weapons that hit harder and are more devastating than Tony's repulsors. You'd completely raze the structure I've built my strategy on by just having your hundreds to thousands of jamies shoot once at the thing. Then, they'd all tap their feat a couple of times and you'd have two thousand jamies, then 4 thousand in a couple of minutes while my team fends of fire from like 200 of them. There's no possible way my team has the fire power to take out that many Multiple Men if you can actively use your prep to have that many enter the battle field. I'm contesting that this is absolutely unfair. Hell, you'd win the tourney by just giving him a psy shield, having Chief give him one high powered gun, and then prepping for 45 minutes to make an army that big. I was playing under the assumption that, while you could duplicate the gear, only 1 Jamie gets to enter the battlefield, as the fight said Multiple Man, not Multiple Men.

If Cadence says your army comes to the field with Jamie, then you win. You asked me to tap my feet as fast as I could, in about 20 seconds I can do it hundreds of times. That is downright, flatout stupid. If we can do that then I'm giving Netero back his nuke and he runs over there and sets off Rose while Alita runs away on her bike and survives the fallout with regen. That said, while Jamie can do it by tapping his feet, can he multiply that rapidly? I know he made a ton of clones in the hydra base(while getting attacked), but before hand he struggled to make more than 50 when he was doing it of his own volition. There's no time frame for him making those 3 clones in that one scan you made, either.

I felt like I've put up a hell of a debate but if this is valid then I'm done. It's patently, unerringly absurd when you think about what you're suggesting.

Dredeuced

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Dredeuced

I just want to make a mild mathematical analysis on exactly what you told me. You specifically asked me to stamp my feet as fast as I could, then apply it to how fast Jamie can clone himself. I can, quite easily, stamp my feet 10 times a second, and I'm HARDLY an olympic level athlete. Even if he can't duplicate during prep, here's what happens: within the first five second, Chief hands his auto sentry gun to Jamie while my team quickly races to the tower as I said in my plan. During the next second, Jamie makes 10 more men, totalling eleven. During the next second, 11 Jamies all make 10 more, adding 110, so 121 Jamies in 2 seconds. During the third second, they all, quite easily, make 10 more Jamies, adding 1210 to the 121, to 1311. Fourth second? well over fourteen thousand Jamie's in less than five seconds, all of which can shoot an auto turret. In ten seconds you've got literally billions of Madrox's. Someone's got to set an upper limit, there's absolutely no way we can allow that logic into this debate.

Even if you assume that space makes it so he can't make more Jamies without exploding the ones near him, in less than a few seconds he can fill the area up to the point where he kills my team by freaking suffocation.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Pokergeist

@Dredeuced: Weapon ruling is anything more Devastating than a Block of C4 is not allowed.

This is 15 pounds of C4 in a shaped charge. so this be the standard.

As for Madrox I debated against him before and he never has made more than a 100 of himself without repercussions. Also any time a Madrox Clone dies Madrox himself (as all the clones) get weaker from that death. Its possible to KO him by killing enough clones.

Carry on!

Dredeuced

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Dredeuced

Excellent, YNCG was arguing to specifically say he had several hundred and that he could make them as fast as I could stomp my feet. Knowing that he gets weaker and damaged the more he makes means that by no means are my drones ineffective against him, nor is Liara's singularity bursts. I'd say Alita and Liara would be incredibly capable of wrecking high numbers of clones this way and causing a KO, instead of the apparent ease YNCG thinks my team would be swarmed. As far as the C4 blast, that would not oneshot anyone on my team considering the durability, shields, or regen they each have, so I question YNCG's comment about my team getting easily oneshotted, as well (whereas he has provided nothing to state that Alita's fireflies wouldn't wrecked Chief's/Jamie's shields and armor, forerunner tech or no)

Anyhow, now that we've cleared up the absurdities you were talking about with Jamie, I'm gonna question this tactic:

Plan

Proof that chief has the capabilities to pass his forerunner upgrades to other suits of Mjolnir? I'd imagine that takes specific tech that Chief does not carry around(does chief walk around with an extra active camo unit, whatever piece of tech allows regeneration etc etc?), nor can he recreate easily. I'd also like to know Cadence's opinion on this, because he mentioned that the Mjolnir armor perk only gives the durability feats normal mjolnir has. Assuming Chief even CAN install the perks and upgrades, would Jamie's armor even be viable for it?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll dish out my final counter-debate tomorrow and then voting can start if you want.

Dredeuced

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Dredeuced

I'd like to respond depending on what you post.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Pokergeist

@Dredeuced: @YourNeighborhoodComicGeek: Taking votes today till Thursday. Voting is Open!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@CadenceV2: I might have to drop-out. I'm swamped with schoolwork and my CRCT test that determines if I pass 8th grade or not is coming in less than 30 days. I might have time to do a counter debate this weekend, but after that I may not reply to future Tournament rounds in a very lengthy time.

Dredeuced

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Dredeuced

:(

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Dredeuced:

Yeah it sucks. But even if I do have to drop out it was huge fun debating. Your views and strategies are really good, and I enjoyed learning about your characters.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Pokergeist

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek: If you have to you have to. Life is always priority. Take it easy and till next time.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@CadenceV2: I may be able to dish out a counter-debate this weekend, but if I don't consider me out.

Summer is coming up in a couple months, so I'll be free soon :P

Dredeuced

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Dredeuced

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek said:

@CadenceV2: I may be able to dish out a counter-debate this weekend, but if I don't consider me out.

Summer is coming up in a couple months, so I'll be free soon :P

The voting ends before the weekend, though. =\