• 141 results
#1 Edited by kalypto (339 posts) - - Show Bio

this might of been done before...but in honor of the new GOW being announced at E3..i wanted to ask again

Thor has all his magic abilities and Kratos has all of his throughout all the canon games..

thor is allowed mjolnir and kratos has his blades (thats their only weapons...)

No Odinforce for Thor though

#2 Posted by Leo-343 (30909 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor casually one-shots.

#3 Posted by Aimless (2047 posts) - - Show Bio

Kratos is typically a tier below guys like thor so he loses soundly.Though he has some nice magic which could extend the battle at most

#4 Posted by DivineDebater (215 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor stomps. Kratos isn't on this level or anywhere near it.

#5 Posted by Battle123axe (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

All of the above

Avatar image for miraclecomeback
#6 Posted by MiracleComeBack (2159 posts) - - Show Bio

Kratos isn't ready

#7 Posted by Vertigo- (17822 posts) - - Show Bio

Kratos gets bitch slapped, which kills him.

#8 Edited by Goldchamp101 (8760 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor One shots the god of war verse.

#9 Posted by Noone1996 (11865 posts) - - Show Bio
#10 Posted by WastelandMan (8812 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for heirtothekingdom
#11 Posted by HeirToTheKingdom (9226 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor is much more powerful, not to mention superior in almost every way.

#12 Posted by Hypnos0929 (6666 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor 99.99999999999% of the time... The 0.000000000001 percent chance is if Kratos gets lucky

#13 Posted by TheKinfing (11793 posts) - - Show Bio
#14 Edited by TheExile285 (4353 posts) - - Show Bio

@leo-343 said:

Thor casually one-shots.

I'd pay money to see Thor wipe the floor with Kratos' arrogant and overly anger ass.

#15 Posted by uugieboogie (13261 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for deactivated-o78sdg008
#16 Posted by deactivated-o78sdg008 (2433 posts) - - Show Bio
#17 Posted by TheExile285 (4353 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for captain_batman_ftw
#18 Posted by captain_batman_FTW (8905 posts) - - Show Bio

Kratos enters Spartan orgasm gets punched out of the planet. lol

#19 Posted by jt_gh (1153 posts) - - Show Bio

Badly. Very, very badly.

#20 Posted by Goldchamp101 (8760 posts) - - Show Bio

@shirso:

I'm sure he will but that thor's not gonna be anywhere as close as Marvel thor

#21 Edited by uugieboogie (13261 posts) - - Show Bio

@shirso said:

@uugieboogie, @theexile285, @thekinfing, @goldchamp101,

You guys just wait till the latest title releases. Kratos is gonna casually ragdoll Thor and cave the Asgardian's head in with his own freakin' hammer. Its only a matter of months.

Competely irrlevant. GOW Thor is not the same character as Marvel Thor. Kratos will still probably get one-shotted along with the rest of the GOWverse.

#22 Edited by NeonGameWave (19333 posts) - - Show Bio

An in-character Thor could potentially lose to Kratos but Thor should take it.

#23 Posted by Thorthunder98 (6805 posts) - - Show Bio

@shirso: He will but that's not marvel Thor is it.

Marvel Thor decapitates Kratos

#24 Posted by Leo-343 (30909 posts) - - Show Bio

@shirso said:

@uugieboogie, @theexile285, @thekinfing, @goldchamp101,

You guys just wait till the latest title releases. Kratos is gonna casually ragdoll a heavily nerfed version of Thor and cave the Asgardian's head in with his own freakin' hammer. Its only a matter of months.

Fixed.

#25 Posted by DevilGamer (1601 posts) - - Show Bio

Kratos would be pretty much like a mosquito whithout wings for Thor, if you compare feats and powers in general.

#26 Posted by Just_Banter (12413 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

#27 Posted by Hypnos0929 (6666 posts) - - Show Bio

I never understood one thing about you anti-godofwar people. How can you guys say Kratos' gods are weak, I mean Zeus ended the Titanmonarchy war with a single swipe of the blade of Olympus. That's pretty impressive considering each titan was the size of the empire state building, and one of whom could telepathically link herself to a demigod. The others would probably have to be a little less than or equal to Atlas in strength.

Now that god of war is gonna have new gods you guys already say they're weak. It seems that the god of war creators will never please you people, because from what I've noticed most gods are pretty powerful.

#28 Edited by Leo-343 (30909 posts) - - Show Bio

@hypnos0929 said:

I never understood one thing about you anti-godofwar people. How can you guys say Kratos' gods are weak, I mean Zeus ended the Titanmonarchy war with a single swipe of the blade of Olympus. That's pretty impressive considering each titan was the size of the empire state building, and one of whom could telepathically link herself to a demigod. The others would probably have to be a little less than or equal to Atlas in strength.

Now that god of war is gonna have new gods you guys already say they're weak. It seems that the god of war creators will never please you people, because from what I've noticed most gods are pretty powerful.

Marvel's Thor is above planetary, compared to that, beating sky scraper sized beings isn't impressive.

#29 Posted by NuclearRebirth (680 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor has had extended battled with people who's strength feats are much lower than Kratos'. Kratos is also probably fine in terms of speed, Slowdinson and all.

Of course eventually Thor is going to start unleashing his full power and then Kratos is in trouble.

The only ways I could see Kratos winning is if he blocked Mjolnir with the Golden Fleece and bonked Thor on the head with his own weapon.

Or using Medusa's gaze since Grey Gargoyle was able to turn Thor to stone.

#30 Posted by joshua755 (4007 posts) - - Show Bio
#31 Edited by DevilGamer (1601 posts) - - Show Bio

@hypnos0929: Are weak if you compare then to THOR, gow gods are powerful in their universes, but in this days we have lots of op guys that can wipe out all gow verse like nothing, so yeah...

#32 Edited by Leo-343 (30909 posts) - - Show Bio

@nuclearrebirth said:

Thor has had extended battled with people who's strength feats are much lower than Kratos'. Kratos is also probably fine in terms of speed, Slowdinson and all.

Of course eventually Thor is going to start unleashing his full power and then Kratos is in trouble.

The only ways I could see Kratos winning is if he blocked Mjolnir with the Golden Fleece and bonked Thor on the head with his own weapon.

Or using Medusa's gaze since Grey Gargoyle was able to turn Thor to stone.

Ah yes the Golden Fleece, something that got destroyed by a low scale energy blast from Zeus is going to block a hammer that can shatter planetary bodies. Seems legit.

#33 Posted by Hypnos0929 (6666 posts) - - Show Bio

@leo-343: yeah I know in this case Thor wins 10/10, no question. But people on this site act like Kratos killing his gods was nothing, they would be legitimate threats to some mid tier characters and calling them weak is idiotic.

For example Poseidon, he was probably the most powerful, but aging, god in the series. Did no one notice how much water rose after he died? It's hard to say that he is weak when he held back so much water that water levels rose a couple hundred feet after he died. Another example is Helios, the guy was the embodiment of the sun and after his death, poof, no more sunlight.

I think its a shame how people make the gow gods sound so weak

#34 Posted by cfrehse (2902 posts) - - Show Bio

Kratos stops Time. Turns to stone and a bunch of other awesome powers. He can hold his own. In character terms thor is Kratos combat speedish

#35 Posted by Hypnos0929 (6666 posts) - - Show Bio

@devilgamer: not necessarily, think of Gaia, she not only was strong enough to survive young Zeus' war ending blast but she also retained enough strength to last her thousands of years in Tartarus, technically hell, and revive, while mentally contacting Kratos. She also managed to keep her plans hidden from a paranoid, crazy Zeus. That's pretty impressive all by itself though I'm not saying she's equal to Marvel heavy hitters.

#36 Edited by Leo-343 (30909 posts) - - Show Bio

@hypnos0929 said:

@leo-343: yeah I know in this case Thor wins 10/10, no question. But people on this site act like Kratos killing his gods was nothing, they would be legitimate threats to some mid tier characters and calling them weak is idiotic.

In general: no they're not weak. People usually call them that when comparing them to Comic high tiers. This is usually in response to somebody claiming Kratos wins just because he 'killed the gods.'

For example Poseidon, he was probably the most powerful, but aging, god in the series. Did no one notice how much water rose after he died? It's hard to say that he is weak when he held back so much water that water levels rose a couple hundred feet after he died. Another example is Helios, the guy was the embodiment of the sun and after his death, poof, no more sunlight.

Yes, Poseidon was hands down the most impressive God in the series in terms of feats like soloing a few Titans. And the results of his death proved how important to the world he was. No arguments there.

I think its a shame how people make the gow gods sound so weak

To extend my first response, another reason is due to their questionable durability. Poseidon was bloodied on rocks, Hera got he neck snapped effortlessly by Kratos, the hand of a sky scraper sized being put Helios out of action, Hermes was bloodied by a statue falling in him, Zeus died by having his face smashed against a rock etc, attacks or trauma that comic high tiers and even some mid tiers would laugh off seriously injure or kill God Of War Gods.

#37 Posted by DevilGamer (1601 posts) - - Show Bio

@hypnos0929: But still, all of what you said is happening in one realm, one planet, the Earth. After all you said, there's no more reach on gow gods or titans powers, but on the other hand, Thor is a guy who blast and lift planets like nothing and has a universal reach level power.

#38 Edited by Hypnos0929 (6666 posts) - - Show Bio

@devilgamer: yeah but more impressive feats may come in the future, from what most gow players have seen the gods usually do impressive stuff so how will people know if people like Ascended Athena won't show some real power. And to honestly tell you the truth, even if the new Norse gods do blow up the moon or some other kind of impressive feat, the people on this site will call it an outlier or a fluke to satisfy themselves

#39 Posted by Chris-Sama (3624 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor decimates him, but in this new god of war im sure they're going to make a Kratos vs Thor battle in which Kratos murderstomps him.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ba89dccd4593
#40 Posted by deactivated-5ba89dccd4593 (353 posts) - - Show Bio

Kratos has no chance.

#41 Posted by NuclearRebirth (680 posts) - - Show Bio

@leo-343:

It's worth pointing out that it wasn't regular Zeus who blasted Kratos but Fear Zeus. Also it's not ever shown that the Golden Fleece was rendered inoperable because of Fear Zeus' attack.

A screencap of the moment the blast hits show that the Fleece was angled away from it.
A screencap of the moment the blast hits show that the Fleece was angled away from it.
The Golden Fleece is on the ground perfectly intact.
The Golden Fleece is on the ground perfectly intact.
Here you can see that the Golden Fleece is made up of multiple segments.
Here you can see that the Golden Fleece is made up of multiple segments.

Visually there's no reason to suspect that the Golden Fleece wouldn't have worked if Kratos had picked it up again. We can't know for sure though because he doesn't use it again. I've also never heard of Thor shattering a planet with blows from Mjolnir, just a very small planetoid.

#42 Posted by Leo-343 (30909 posts) - - Show Bio

@nuclearrebirth: It still got blasted off his arm which defeats the purpose or having a shield... And that blast was nothing compared to Thor's.

Shattering planets, shattering small plannetoids, I'm not sure if it matters considering both feats are leaps and bounds beyond that blast that Zeus did.

#43 Edited by AcroKat (7384 posts) - - Show Bio

Very poorly.

#44 Posted by NuclearRebirth (680 posts) - - Show Bio

@leo-343:

It's not that the Golden Fleece failed, it's that Kratos wasn't able to bring it to bear in this instance. And I don't doubt that Thor could launch an energy blast of greater intensity than Fear Zeus I just don't think it would be in character for him to do so, at least not straight away.

As for the planetoid it's really small.

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-o78sdg008
#45 Posted by deactivated-o78sdg008 (2433 posts) - - Show Bio

No, GoW verse is pretty powerful in term of raw strength, and has some pretty decent hax too. I think what really holds people like Kratos or Zeus back is the lack of combat speed. Except a few times Kratos dodged lightning (which most here will claim to be an outlier anyway), there's not even any clear feats which consistently put them in the supersonic range, to be honest.

Give Kratos a few quantifiable speed feats in the latest titles (for example dodging arrows at point blank range, blitzing multiple fodder, consistently reacting to Thor's lightning, things like that), and he easily dominates the comic mid tier, and can even hold off an in character Thor for some time with his offensive variety.

Marvel Thor would still wreck him though. Kratos's destructive capacity is simply not that high, at least not yet.

#46 Edited by Leo-343 (30909 posts) - - Show Bio

@nuclearrebirth:

It's not that the Golden Fleece failed, it's that Kratos wasn't able to bring it to bear in this instance.

Even if he did that feat wouldn't help him here.

And I don't doubt that Thor could launch an energy blast of greater intensity than Fear Zeus I just don't think it would be in character for him to do so, at least not straight away.

With the lackluster feats the Fleece has I doubt Thor would need more than a casual blow to obliterate it and Kratos.

As for the planetoid it's really small.

You realize he has feats much better than that? Like this which is just the tip of the iceberg, I'm not even sure why I brought up the word planetary in the first place considering it would take a fraction of that power output to end Kratos.

Best case scenario for Kratos: Thor pastes him and destroys the Fleece with his hammer, a quick death, worst case scenario: Thor sends him into orbit.

#47 Posted by NuclearRebirth (680 posts) - - Show Bio

@leo-343:

Thor certainly does eclipse Kratos in raw power. He was damaging those planets from space (even if he was doing it by trading blows with Gorr.) As a point of contrast Kratos' best showings are resisting Atlas and surviving a direct volcanic explosion that destroyed Atlantis. The point I'd make though is that Thor doesn't usually employ that level of power, he did so in that instance because Gorr represented an existential threat to every god in the universe. Most of the time when Thor is fighting folks like say The Wrecking Crew he regulates himself. The only argument I'm making is that Kratos could last long enough to use use either the Fleece or Medusa's Gaze.

As for the Golden Fleece's durability neither of us really has the grounds to come to a conclusion on the matter. Every time it's used successfully in the series it reflects the attack. However no attack in God of War comes close to the power of a blast from a bloodlusted Thor. An in-game description does say this however:

No Caption Provided

A dictionary definition of reflect reads; "(of a surface or body) throw back (heat, light, or sound) without absorbing it."

A key idea is that the energy is thrown back without it being absorbed. Meaning that it wouldn't take the impact of a Mjolnir strike, making the durability point moot.

Medusa's Gaze is what could really clinch it for him though.

#48 Posted by ConnorDorian (1320 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor would win but with difficulty , because Kratos is also a very good competitor.

Avatar image for tanakaclinkenbeard
#49 Posted by TanakaClinkenbeard (787 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor would win but with difficulty , because Kratos is also a very good competitor.

Nah. Thor stomps.

#50 Posted by KanyeCosby (7190 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol, he gets one shotted.