How strong are Avatar characters really - A discussion / battle thread [ONGOING]

SMXLR8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

No Caption Provided

Introduction

Hello folks ! It's me again talking about avatar characters but this time there is a purpose and reason for this. Now I know some of you may have seen in the past that I was looking to take on characters from this series but this is more of something I had / needed to do so lets get this ! This is better then CAV or normal battle thread since there is much to talk about.

Main Talking Points

As I titled this is a battle discussion thread where me and whoever else can debate about how strong these character are . I'm going to debating with the characters I pick against anyone that disagrees with me. users can get involved anytime they want since this is an open battle discussion thread .

• I am going to looking at how avatar character from both series ALAB and LOK to see how they stack up against characters of similar power , weapons , skills and stats
  • Anytime there are new feats for these characters or new characters in general I will be talking about them
  • I am going to using 3 types of character to argue my point , over used , under used and never used . All 3 character types are self explanatory
  • I will be looking at teams and single characters for this so it might change depending on how a discussion is going

Rules for these discussion fight

1. Everyone would be in character
  2. Standard gear and wear
  3. Comic feats are allowed
  4. no prep of any kind , this is going to be random encounter

SMXLR8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By SMXLR8
SMXLR8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By SMXLR8

1st discussion - Ozai's Angels

MAI,TY LEE AND AZULA
MAI,TY LEE AND AZULA

This going to the first battle discussion so I'm going to break this team into single fight then the team fight so first is Azula vs TAkinom

Avatar image for deactivated-612156a4d7eca
deactivated-612156a4d7eca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Nice thread SMXLR8, very cool!

SMXLR8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By SMXLR8

Takinom vs Azula

For more info on Takinom here is a CAV that I used her in

No Caption Provided

Advantages that takinom has over Azula

Superior stats

Flight

Durability

Fire Power

Variety

I cover a lot more in the CAV so check it out! I still stand by what I said about these 2 and outcome of the battle. Even with comic feats which Azula get stronger in the them and the lighting I don't see her winning. With the comet amp there might be a chance but still not quite enough

Does anyone want to argue with me over this ?

SMXLR8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-612156a4d7eca
deactivated-612156a4d7eca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SMXLR8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Edgelord91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The avatars top out at island level

TheBooyZz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@edgelord91: Care to elaborate? I guess I'd also like to ask how big the island is.

SMXLR8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@edgelord91: I will get to them later , do you have anything to say about the current battle ?
also should I add you to the tag list

SMXLR8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thebooyzz: should I add you to the tag list as well ?

TheBooyZz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sure!!

SMXLR8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thebooyzz: any thoughts for the current battle? I will going over all the characters so don't worry

TheBooyZz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@smxlr8: Regarding Takinom, could you show me some feats from her??

cocacolaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 cocacolaman  Moderator

So you’ll be doing specific discussions rather than a general discussion on the overall power of Avatar characters? I guess I’m in but may drop out later.

In general, only the best benders are anything above arrow+ timing small building levelers.

SMXLR8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By SMXLR8

@cocacolaman: I’m doing both to be honest just doing characters first since it’s easier

Also add your name for tags ?

SMXLR8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cocacolaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 cocacolaman  Moderator
DaredevilAang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

City block to multi city block the island was tiny

SMXLR8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@daredevilaang: That is for later , the main talking now is the battle at hand also should add you to the list ?

SMXLR8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheBooyZz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cocacolaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 cocacolaman  Moderator
TheBooyZz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 22

#26  Edited By stormshadow_x

I think Ty lee is still a great fighter but I feel that since so many of her opponents seem pretty medicore in h2h compared to her and aren't aware of chi blocking they fall. I want to say renamon out stats her and I don't think ty lee has the striking to hurt her. Not to mention since she's not human and made of data Chi blocking might not work.

Ty Lee might need more equal opponent that isn't immune to her best skill and seemingly out stats her in every way

Edgelord91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thebooyzz: I don’t know and I Currently can’t post scans

TheBooyZz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@edgelord91: OK. Wait, I can take links if you're up for that.

DaredevilAang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Edgelord91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SMXLR8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mysterymeat: @cocacolaman: @stormshadow_x: @thebooyzz: @daredevilaang: @edgelord91:I just wanted to say that you could all pick characters to see how avatar character match up with them
I have already made 2 battles so if anyone needs more information just ask
Next character

Mai

No Caption Provided

I character I choose that could beat her was intress though is would be interesting I say Mai still goes down
All characters I chooses are the 3 I picked in my who could beat them thread . The link is already there for those that want to check it out

SMXLR8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheBooyZz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would say a Naruto character like ten-ten (shes virtually featless so its safer), but I dont need a repeat of someone telling me that the chakra flicker technique shares feats between the users. I sh*t you not, someone literally tried to tell me that because Konohamaru used the chakra flicker to blitz someone to a far extent that Sakura can use it to a similar extent as well.

If you want to hear more about my POV lemme know.

SMXLR8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheBooyZz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By TheBooyZz

@smxlr8 said:

@thebooyzz: please continue

Yes sir!!

I'm not saying that Ten-Ten would lose and i'm not saying she'd win, but I think that it'd be a pretty interesting fight.

If she fought Mai:

Mai has an overlooked superhuman strength,

No Caption Provided

An her accuracy is in a league of its own,

No Caption Provided

I mean with accuracy like that she'd have no trouble just sending daggers to someones eyes. Before anyone mention anything about some superhuman speed, and durability, think about the speed required to push multiple grown adults like ten feet and still pierce metal. And if you think Ten-Ten can react, prove it.

If she fought Ty Lee:

Ty Lee is very superhuman in terms of agility, she is able to jump 30-40 ft in the air, land, and accurately punch 50-60 people.

Those people also reacted to Mai's daggers.

Obviously, Ten-Ten is quite agile herself:

------------------------------------------- Temari vs Tenten Full Fight Chunin Exam on Make a GIF-----------------------------

And her Kunai move extremely fast as you could see. Ty Lee has less feats than her. Its hard to see if she can react and dodge Ten-Ten's jutsu appropriately, or if she even needs to:

She basically blitzed a character capable of doing a multi-step defense after mai shoots her daggers, and we've established how fast the daggers need to be in order to do the things they do. Not to mention the fact that Ten-Ten needs to do hand signs to actually do the jutsu. What say you?

If she fought Azula:

If Ten-Ten fought Azula, I honestly wouldn't know what to say. Azula LOVES her lightning, if your name isnt Zuko, lightning is what she's gonna use against you on sight, she's become extremely adept at it in the comics. If you believe that Ten-Ten can react to lightning, prove it and I'll acknowledge it.

Azula's firebending is also versatile, I wouldn't put it far beyond her to just burn T-T's paper summoner. Lastly, Azula can react to lightning, combined with her already peak human agility and durability, she could safely survive a barrage if she doesn't down T-T first. But this is an argument at its rawest so if you think i'm wrong lemme know.

SMXLR8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thebooyzz: you can pick 2 more characters, like I said pick 3 to face them

The team I picked wouldn’t lose to them because of stats

TheBooyZz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@smxlr8: Hiding your cards eh..

Ok, to keep things on the safer side i'm picking a ROK (Rise of Kyoshi) character and Amon.

Amon:

Amon (Like most Korra characters) has peak human agility, speed, and durability.

His reaction speed is one of the highest in Korra, being able to react to and dodge lightning:

I'm pretty sure he can bloodbend himself so that forceful attacks dont move him, either that or he's simply on another level of power.

He's also quite mobile in water:

Furthermore, he has ran a team for presumably years so he is mostly likely good in a group of more than one person.

Next up we have

Kelsang, arguably the most powerful non-Avatar airbender :

Throughout the novel, we find that Kuruk and his Team Avatar we're not to be played with, unless you want to die. Kelsang was the primest example of this; an Airbender, supposed to value life that killed hundreds in one event.I'm looking for scans but I cant find any. I'll have to look thru the book to find his feats-I'll continue this part tmr.

cocacolaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 cocacolaman  Moderator

Who would you say is a good match for Toph?

No Caption Provided

Toph is relatively low on the physical scale. However, Toph's earthbending allows her to have a 360 degree vision at all times. She can manipulate obscene amounts of rock at a time, bend metal and sand, react at superhuman speeds, and is considered one of, if not, the best earthbender from Aang and Korra's eras, including the likes of King Bumi (massive powerhouse with nigh-Avatar levels of raw power) and Kuvira (metalbending prodigy who could overwhelm even Avatar Korra at first, arguably the best bender.)

SMXLR8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thebooyzz: LOL I was talking about ten ten and her team could beat azula and company and that you should / could have picked 2 more characters to make a team of 3 to face them but I guess we can move on even though nobody challenged my pick at all

SMXLR8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thebooyzz: what about you , got anyone that could beat toph @cocacolaman:that depends of what kind of battle you are looking for

TheBooyZz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@smxlr8: Omg i'm not crazy!! I meant 1v1 Lol, I think that Azula has the best chance against Ten-Ten because she can use lightning and react to lightning. The other two would lose but it wouldn't be a stomp.

No, only a character like Aang or video game Korra would be fast enough to dodge her Jutsu (But like I said, she'd have to activate it).

SMXLR8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thebooyzz: Ten Ten , Lee and Neji would beat Azula and her team . This pre time skip and no gates and lee has his weights on

SMXLR8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheBooyZz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 anthp2000  Moderator

Strong enough that OP has been in a perpetual state of saltiness for the past 4 years -- probably before that, but that's when I joined.

TheBooyZz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 anthp2000  Moderator

@anthp2000: Spill the tea

That would be an incredibly horrifying act which would only upset poor uncle Iroh.

TheBooyZz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anthp2000: What he doesn't know cant hurt him

Jk; Iroh wouldn't be too thrilled about that, you're right lol.