How much damage does Guy's Evening Elephent do to Luffy?

• 184 results
GXrevs06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll How much damage does Guy's Evening Elephent do to Luffy? (136 votes)

Luffy laughs and barely feels it 14%
He feels it and is monetarily stunned/winded but can get back up on his feet within 60 seconds 13%
Heavily stunned/injured and is basically on the brink of a KO. May need several minutes to recover from the hit 13%
He gets one shotted and KTFO but survives to tell the tale 10%
Evening Elephant obliterates his internal organs and kills him nigh-instantly 51%

Luffy wants to test the full limits of his body's elasticity and resitance to blunt force trauma and fancies his chances against Guy's evening elephant attakc.

Luffy has to let Guy hit him and straight up tank the attack. Guy is going at him with intent to kill

• 
GXrevs06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By GXrevs06
Loading Video...

katanalauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He gets completely vapourized

Jko1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Luffy gets one shotted theres no way hes tanking hits from 8 gates guy. Luffy being immune to all types of blunt force damage is a no limits fallacy.

Avatar image for ninjawarrior268
NinjaWarrior268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 3

Luffy gets destroyed

socajunkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5 socajunkie  Moderator

I don’t know why this was made since Luffy’s best durabiity feat is island level.

Gnomishness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Obviously the force of it slamming him a kilometer into he ground will push him down off his feet, and the the display of power will momentarily stun him, the sheer compression he'll have to undergo, driving the air from his lungs, but Luffy's blunt force resistance is the real deal, and Evening elephant has been described as an air-cannon rather then a shockwave, so I seriously doubt it will do anymore then that.

Luffy is a bad matchup for Might Gai.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b17f1b84ea5f
deactivated-5b17f1b84ea5f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Luffy dies.

Laiks Stake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

KungFuBiscuit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why do people think guy Evening Elephent will reck luffy ?

So far I don't recall anyone in one piece breaking luffy or hitting him hard enough to shatter his insides

Yea Guy is strong but take away all his flashy effects and stop millking his Bending space or air attack to the insane lengths and his attacks are tankable.

Else most think Guy In gear 8th can bust a full country

Avatar image for deactivated-5c60dc252a2af
deactivated-5c60dc252a2af

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Luffy can tank anything physical is a dumb NFL. Gai obliterates Luffy in 8th gate.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c531e53b02be
deactivated-5c531e53b02be

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wait I thought "night moth" was the 8th gate attack... I'm a missing something?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@temporal_shift: Evening Elephant was that Vaccum attack Gai used on Madara before Night Moth.

SuperGoku17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@b_r023 said:

Luffy can tank anything physical is a dumb NFL. Gai obliterates Luffy in 8th gate.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supergoku17: oh yeah that's right for some reason I got it confused with "day time tiger" but that's the island level kick in 7th gate.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@temporal_shift: NW... I am just here to see Luffy fans claim that he can tank any blunt force damage no matter what.

Mee09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Luffy dies.

KungFuBiscuit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@b_r023: Its not that luffy can tank every blunt damage but the damage by Guy is not enough.

The way feats getting thrown around about guy makes him sound like the strongest character in naruto verse and on top of that it makes it seem he could one shot everyone in his own verse witch is bonkers.

Luffy took hits from sanji, impact dial , clashed with chinjao , took hits from doffy, fought oz a gaint, and heavy objects or weight dropped on him , took multiple high blunt hits and still kept on fighting.

I honestly i think a blunt force needs to be strong enough to force his rubber to exeed his limits. Or a none blunt force that's very strong.

I seriously like to understand why his attacks are being placed so high.

joshua755

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ken055: The Reason it’s so high is because it’s sounds cool lol nothing else to it

Avatar image for westwood_trevor
Westwood_Trevor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Westwood_Trevor

@ken055 said:

@b_r023:

Luffy took hits from sanji, impact dial , clashed with chinjao , took hits from doffy, fought oz a gaint, and heavy objects or weight dropped on him , took multiple high blunt hits and still kept on fighting.

Nothing stated by you is even remotely comparable with a direct Evening Elephant punch from Might Guy, let alone Night Guy.

• Direct EE punch was able to destroy part of Juudara's Gudoudama Cocoon. The same Gudoudama Cocoon that can tank unschated4 Massive Juubidama from Juubito. Juudara's body was still fine, compared with what Night Guy did to his body.
Avatar image for deactivated-61e714470be42
deactivated-61e714470be42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That will do noting to Luffy

iUseMyCajonas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By iUseMyCajonas

EE Is like, probably large hill to small mountain level in potency.

So... he feels it and is monetarily stunned/winded but can get back up on his feet within 60 seconds.

pmcinelly784

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That will do everyting to Luffy

KungFuBiscuit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@westwood_trevor: firstly I want to ask what level of damage do consider Guy attack to be in island ? City or

Also what do you consider luffy damage level and durability

As silly this will sound visually the damage of Guy attack is no better than attacks performed by most people luffy fought.

Don't get me wrong am not trying to hate on guy but his overall output even if we take into account other users who tried to hurt madara is what I call reasonable damage for the likes of most one piece characters to handle. It's not like Guy damage is like in superman lvl or hulk lvl , in witch case even I would be foolish to say luffy could take those hits

Avatar image for back_stabbath95
Back_stabbath95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ken055: EE was able to hurt Juudara and iirc is stronger than Hirudura which is island level at least the explosion was. EE is going to severely hurt Luffy. Doesn’t EE burn too?

iUseMyCajonas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ken055: EE was able to hurt Juudara and iirc is stronger than Hirudura which is island level at least the explosion was. EE is going to severely hurt Luffy. Doesn’t EE burn too?

Hirudora never destoryed any islands, that was all wind and sand being kicked up, I'd personally label Hirudora as City level as that's how big the AoE on it was. EE Doesn't burn as well.

EE is also not stronger than Hirudora, it's just a better technique because of it's spammability.

KungFuBiscuit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@back_stabbath95: @iusemycajonas: Pretty much what I use said but I want add something

See the problem is if we do consider Guy to be as strong, it puts him way way above anyone in his verse in terms of raw striking power. In theory he stronger than all the tail beast and potentially has the stats to punch a bijuu bomb. He complished something none of them could

So it either 1 . He far superior than all in his verse or 2. His damage is being taken out of hand

SonDeathEater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ken055: Guy is that strong. He nearly one shotted the God tier of the verse. Luffy has only shown small island level feats. There's no way he's going to live an Evening elephant until we get better defined feats

TheOriginalOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ken055: Where your logic fails is when you said - As silly this will sound visually the damage of Guy attack is no better than attacks performed by most people luffy fought.

Not only is this extreme stupid (as you said), anime/manga/comics don't always show the extreme of a damage done by a character. They want you to already know how strong a character is. So when someone tanks a punch/punches from Thanos, even though the punch/punches itself didn't blow up continents, that punch itself represents that kind of power.

The writer wants you to know this from previous comics.

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By DeathHero61

@b_r023 said:

No it isn't, we've seen Luffy literally shrug off attacks that would kill him if haki imbued. And that's a huge copout and boring way to dodge the issue in favor for your character. At the very least you have to acknowledge the advantage in itself and admit that Luffy would survive but not tank it instead of avoiding the ability Luffy actually has.

And Luffy cannot tank any physical attack. He's vulnerable to internal attacks and piercing and slashing attacks. So if Guy had an attack like Neji's it would be effective in killing Luffy.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b0a7ade504a7
deactivated-5b0a7ade504a7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Isn't Evening Elephant just a sonic boom? A rubber body should be able to tank it.

thelocust619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By thelocust619

Lol this guy acting like it hasn't been common knowledge for years that 8G Gai is the best striker in his verse.

Anyway, yea, from what I've seen he gets obliterated until he gets better feats. Majority agrees, if anyone's interested in votes.

GXrevs06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By GXrevs06

@ken055 said:

@back_stabbath95: @iusemycajonas: Pretty much what I use said but I want add something

See the problem is if we do consider Guy to be as strong, it puts him way way above anyone in his verse in terms of raw striking power. In theory he stronger than all the tail beast and potentially has the stats to punch a bijuu bomb. He complished something none of them could

So it either 1 . He far superior than all in his verse or 2. His damage is being taken out of hand

Does a biju bomb even have mass? It's just a ball of compressed chakra

Avatar image for proteusxmanrxis
ProteusXManRxis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#34  Edited By ProteusXManRxis
iUseMyCajonas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By iUseMyCajonas

@gxrevs06 said:
@ken055 said:

Does a biju bomb even have mass? It's just a ball of compressed chakra

Everyone in One Piece has enough stats to punch a Bijuu Bomb because Naruto did it and he has PTS level OP physicals, and lower physicals than Gai.

I think this guy means match the potency of an exploding Bijuu Bomb through a physical attack.

KungFuBiscuit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theoriginalone: @sondeatheater:

Ok I want to turn my point to something. So Going by the point guy stands on the top of naruto verse. In that war arc. So the beasts or a lot of the characters have done mountain lvl damage pushing it just about above that . That don't give guy the much needed strike feat against luffy .

You got people in one piece who can bust mountains , continent, city or a decent island level .

So why is naruto characters damage getting milked so high , am very sorry but I think it's not just naruto verse but Op and many other feats in anime or comics get this ridiculous milking.

It's like x mountain is stronger than this mountain or this character said this so it's true but this other verse it don't apply

See I get if superman , hulk , etc punched luffy and it would kill but you got characters who have almost similar or just few stats advantage can one shot luffy is just bonkers.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gxrevs06: Yea Naruto in sage mode said they where massive in weight and he didn't even come close to finishing the TBB.

They have no proven weight but they do have weight.

TheOriginalOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ken055 said:

@theoriginalone: @sondeatheater:

Ok I want to turn my point to something. So Going by the point guy stands on the top of naruto verse. In that war arc. So the beasts or a lot of the characters have done mountain lvl damage pushing it just about above that . That don't give guy the much needed strike feat against luffy .

I don't understand this? Gai being able to hurt Madara is a feat in itself. Now yes, the Jubbi host were weak to physical attack but that doesn't mean Sakura could hurt Madara.

You got people in one piece who can bust mountains , continent, city or a decent island level .

Sure they can but Luffy has never tanked continental or island level strikes. Never. And continental is pushing it, the highest we have seen is WB destroy an island.

So why is naruto characters damage getting milked so high , am very sorry but I think it's not just naruto verse but Op and many other feats in anime or comics get this ridiculous milking.

Every verse gets highballed. But what Gai did is very impressive in itself.

It's like x mountain is stronger than this mountain or this character said this so it's true but this other verse it don't apply

Huh?

See I get if superman , hulk , etc punched luffy and it would kill but you got characters who have almost similar or just few stats advantage can one shot luffy is just bonkers.

The problem with this logic is that yes, Luffy will die from a single full out stikes from Hulk/Superman, but that doesn't change the fact he won't die from Gai. It might take more hits sure, but that doesn't change anything.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@iusemycajonas: IDK about that TBB's have been show crashing threw mountain ranges as the actual ball before exploding.

iUseMyCajonas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By iUseMyCajonas

@temporal_shift said:

@iusemycajonas: IDK about that TBB's have been show crashing threw mountain ranges as the actual ball before exploding.

Good enough rockets irl can also crash through mountain ranges lol.

IIRC the only time they've crashed through is with the Juubi's, who you can't backwards scale because his TBB is one of the strongest things in the entire comic.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@iusemycajonas: well to be fair you didn't say which specific TBB they could punch lol.

KungFuBiscuit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theoriginalone: Am not the best at doing these calculations to figure out damage feats but am trying lol

That out way I have some questions

A bijuu bomb and a meteor, would you say have same damage out put ? Because to me bijuu bomb can destroy a mountain and a meteor probly a lot more.

Also same could be said for a lot characters in naruto that they actually don't qualify for being city or continent level.

On side note, luffy has yet to show signs of his rubber exceeding leathl damage. But Guy is roughly mountain plus ish . Even if was island level it still won't be enough.

There are no feats to suggest Guy or that verse is above mountain or city ish level

KungFuBiscuit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By KungFuBiscuit

@theoriginalone: forgot to mention , luffy been hit by explosion and punched by hit that split a island and had been hit by explosives in the faces and still was ok to fight this before time skip

iUseMyCajonas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@temporal_shift: ok but no one in naruto can punch the juubi tbb anyways lmfao

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@iusemycajonas:

Bee was able to match it briefly when the barriers broke.

TheOriginalOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ken055 said:

@theoriginalone: Am not the best at doing these calculations to figure out damage feats but am trying lol

You don't have to because they would be invalid in a debate.

That out way I have some questions

A bijuu bomb and a meteor, would you say have same damage out put ? Because to me bijuu bomb can destroy a mountain and a meteor probly a lot more.

A simple bijuu bomb completely vaporized a mountain. Like nothing. And that was made from weakened bijuu. Naruto made a bijuu bomb that could have vaporized multiple mountain like nothing.

So, it would depend on the size of the meteor.

Also same could be said for a lot characters in naruto that they actually don't qualify for being city or continent level.

If we go by power scaling and shown feats, then yes, they qualify for that. And only a certain Naruto characters are continental busters.

On side note, luffy has yet to show signs of his rubber exceeding leathl damage. But Guy is roughly mountain plus ish . Even if was island level it still won't be enough.

This argument doesn't work because it is a NLF - No Limit Fallacy. Luffy has never been hit with that much force in his verse to say he won't get damaged. Gai's evening elephant is certainly more than mountain + level because of who he damaged - Juubi Madara.

And luffy can't tank an island level punch...

There are no feats to suggest Guy or that verse is above mountain or city ish level

Naruto verse? WHAT? This is extreme lowballing... Did you forget when a single bijuu completely vaporized a mountain? Or the fact that a single bijuu rasenshuriken, destroyed meteors the size of moutians, if not bigger?

Like stop...

TheOriginalOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ken055: And Luffy has been hurt by much less. That island feat by moria was an obvious outlier. And what explosion did he tank that destroyed an island?

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By alextheboss

Luffy gets bashed but he should survive. Guy's evening elephant really seem more impressive than Luffy's King Kong gun. While Luffy doesn't have the power of high tier Naruto characters, his physicals are right up there with them.

Avatar image for back_stabbath95
Back_stabbath95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ken055: it gets milked the way it does because of the simple inverse mechanic that is chakra. Nearly every high end feat has to do with using chakra and iirc Naruto swatting away 5 bijuubombs could be explained via his chakra cloak and it’s fact that energy projection isn’t something One Piece uses a lot tbh so comparing feats can become quite murky.

BlackWizzard17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By BlackWizzard17

I dont see why luffy wouldn't be able to take the attack or at least survive with injuries. He tanked a gecko moria attacks who split an island with a punch. I'm sure he blunt force defense is extremely more durable.