How much damage does a 400 kt Nuclear warhead cause to Fat Thor and Endgame Thanos ??

• 121 results
StealthGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll How much damage does a 400 kt Nuclear warhead cause to Fat Thor and Endgame Thanos ?? (80 votes)

Pitiful deaths 38%
They gets blown up to smithereens 16%
Severely injured/Possibly K.O 13%
Tanks it with minor injuries 15%
No-sells it 8%
Thor survives, Thanos dies 3%
Thor dies horribly, Thanos survives 9%

Fat Thor decided to BFR Thanos into space

In the same time the Goverment sent a nuke to their way.. just like they did in Avengers 1

Ironman is out cold, Cap can do shit and the massive army aren't there yet.

How much damage a 400 kiloton nuke to their faces?

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

• 
Eredin12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#51  Edited By Eredin12  Online

@takenstew22:

There is no evidence it was hyperbole, Tony is greatest genius in MCU by far, and if he said that IG is that powerful we need to trust him, i agree that it is not DC but it shows just how much energy and radiation IG snap has and if they can survive that then radiation and energy from nuke are not a big problems

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

How is this debatable?

They both get vaporized.

Juicers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PaulPogba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@paulpogba said:
@wakeupsid said:
@chimeroid said:
@paulpogba said:
@chimeroid said:
@paulpogba said:

They tank it with ease, the energy that can burn an entire continent >>>> a single nuke in space.

The full force of a star >>> a single nuke in space. Even Sokovia explosion was more powerful than a nuke and Thor took it while he was weakened.

light up =/= burn.

It's a continental energy radiation.

Nope, Tony said enough energy to light up a continent, which might just mean "provide power" to the continent, not necessarily destroy anything.

Energy is the same . It doesn't matter whether it is to power up something or destroy , the excitation transferred to the molecules remains the same .

Yup this. It was a continental level energy, i mean both Thanos and Thor could arguably no sell a Nuke.

If we are refering to this Nuke, it's actually only 15% of a nuke since in space there's no blast and heat.

Energy to consumed by Australia as electricity for a year: 229.40 billion kWh. Conversion to joules: 8.2584 * 10^17 Joules. Conversion to tons of TNT: one ton of TNT is 4.184*10^9 Joules, so the energy to power Australia for a year is 197.38 tons of TNT. To put that in perspective, the yield of the nuclear device dropped on Hiroshima is 13 to 18 kilotons, or 65.86 times to 91.19 times larger than the energy to power Australia for a year.

He means that it would burn the entire continent so it's way more powerful.

PaulPogba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@geekryan said:

How is this debatable?

They both get vaporized.

They tanked both more powerful hits, the Snap and Star beam.

Viking1205

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@geekryan said:

How is this debatable?

They both get vaporized.

Eredin12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Eredin12  Online

@kirkseven: But it seams characters that survive nuke still get knocked out by bullets( Superman was), or hurt by things that cannot even dent steel beam( Zod hit him with steel beam and he was dazed but steel was not even dented) those nukes must be extremely weak so i think even those characters can survive those nukes, after all, MCU Cap hits harder than a bullet and can dent a steel

Johndeyvido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@juicers:

Lol I don't know the temperature of the beam but 5-6k F is a serious lowball. That temperature isnt even scratching the metal not to talk of melting Thor's axe. Vibranium that's weaker than Uru took Thor's lightning which is like 53k F, IM repulsor beam and Visions mind stone blast for an extended period before it started melting slowly and you think a temperature of 6k F is enough to melt down Thor's hammer? Not a chance.

Eredin12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Eredin12  Online

@johndeyvido: I agree, he used pixel scaling to do that calculation which is the extremely wrong way to do it, things in moves are often much larger than then they look, that same guy who did that calc using the same scaling calculated that Surtur was only 100 meters big when Hulk hit him despite the fact that move maker themselves said he was tousends of meters big there, showing just how wrong that logic is, writers themselves said Rings where the size of a small moon, clearly showing that they intended for a size not to be naturally small like he called but normal neutron star, and mental gymnastics he used to calc that is pointless, writers dont care about that, we should just see how powerful is normal-sized neutron star and use that like Kyle Hill did instead of doing some mental gymnastics

Avatar image for thebestofthebest
ThEBeStOfTheBeST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They get vaporised on contact.

PaulPogba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@juicers:

Lol I don't know the temperature of the beam but 5-6k F is a serious lowball. That temperature isnt even scratching the metal not to talk of melting Thor's axe. Vibranium that's weaker than Uru took Thor's lightning which is like 53k F, IM repulsor beam and Visions mind stone blast for an extended period before it started melting slowly and you think a temperature of 6k F is enough to melt down Thor's hammer? Not a chance.

Yeah you're right, there's a lot of MCU lowballing going on.

Eredin12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Eredin12  Online

Yeah, Thor who tanks Sokavia exsplosion and only gets knocked out, the same explosion that is much stronger than that nuke will somehow get vaporized by a weak nuke, nuke can't vaporize city like Sokavia did, destroy yes but vaporize hell, no, but logic was a never strong suit of some DCEU fans

PaulPogba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is a weak nuke that KOd Superman not Thor.

Apparently a nuke >>> melting uru beam? Superman is more durable than Thor? This is the weak dceu logic with their weak characters?

WhatIsWritten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt said:

Even if they survive the concussive blast, which I think they can because of the Sokovia feat, the radiation will likely kill them.

stars have radiation too, so does the IG snap

OT: KO'd at least but they def arent gonna die to it based on star, sokovia and statesman feats

Blueshoecant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe K'Oed or badly injured.

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@geekryan said:

How is this debatable?

They both get vaporized.

They tanked both more powerful hits, the Snap and Star beam.

Oh shut up already

TakenStew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eredin12 said:

@takenstew22:

There is no evidence it was hyperbole, Tony is greatest genius in MCU by far, and if he said that IG is that powerful we need to trust him, i agree that it is not DC but it shows just how much energy and radiation IG snap has and if they can survive that then radiation and energy from nuke are not a big problems

I don't care if he's a genius. There was no evidence of it being continent level either.

Kirkseven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Kirkseven  Online

@nwname how powerful was the Sokavia explosion again? and how much of it did Thor's body take?

Baldur_Odinson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Baldur_Odinson

They feel it a lot, but shouldn't die from it.

Eredin12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Eredin12  Online

@takenstew22: I am not saying it was continetal level in the sense that it is some continental energy durability feat or something, i am not wanking them, i think that even Mountain level attack would easily destory them, I am just saying that fact that it had eanguh energy and radiation to light up continent means energy and radiation from a nuke is not a big problem, it is great durability feat and as for evidence Stark saying it is enough evidence here, he is not using some hyperbole like saying it is stronger than a planet, that would be nonsense because how strong is a planet? It does not have muscles, that is hyperbole but he here is just describing precisely how much energy it releases and we can trust someone like him when he describes something like that in details, just like when he says something makes 3 gigajoules per second we trust him

Isocom79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@takenstew22:

How do you figure the 6 most powerful items to date in the MCU are weaker than being able to 'light up a continent' or that it is a simple 'hyperbole' and not really true?

The power stone was shown decimating a planet when Eson touched it to the surface. Thanos also was pushing the power stone into Thor's head in the beginning of IW. Lol, the power stone is orders of magnitude more powerful than all nuclear explosions in the Universe.

TakenStew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@isocom79 said:

@takenstew22:

How do you figure the 6 most powerful items to date in the MCU are weaker than being able to 'light up a continent' or that it is a simple 'hyperbole' and not really true?

The power stone was shown decimating a planet when Eson touched it to the surface. Thanos also was pushing the power stone into Thor's head in the beginning of IW. Lol, the power stone is orders of magnitude more powerful than all nuclear explosions in the Universe.

Because "lighting up a continent" doesn't mean destroying a continent. This isn't about the stones.

Isocom79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@takenstew22:

Isn't it? This is about being able to tank an immense amount of energy, and what puts out more energy than the Power Stone?

TakenStew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@isocom79 said:

@takenstew22:

Isn't it? This is about being able to tank an immense amount of energy, and what puts out more energy than the Power Stone?

I was talking about my argument of people hyping up continent level Hulk.

Isocom79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@takenstew22:

Wouldn't he be if he could take the snap in Endgame and survive?

Earlier in Endgame we learn when Rocket says 'Earth became ground zero for an energy surge of ridiculously COSMIC PROPORTIONS'...

It's honestly silly to downplay anyone who'd used the Infinity Gauntlet. And clearly Thanos is strongest, Hulk is second since he survive, and Stark is 3rd strongest since he didn't immediately die after using 6 stones (compared to just about everyone else having trouble with one stone)

TakenStew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@isocom79 said:

@takenstew22:

Wouldn't he be if he could take the snap in Endgame and survive?

Earlier in Endgame we learn when Rocket says 'Earth became ground zero for an energy surge of ridiculously COSMIC PROPORTIONS'...

It's honestly silly to downplay anyone who'd used the Infinity Gauntlet. And clearly Thanos is strongest, Hulk is second since he survive, and Stark is 3rd strongest since he didn't immediately die after using 6 stones (compared to just about everyone else having trouble with one stone)

Lol, so Tony is continent level. Sure thing bud.

JaylinFreeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By JaylinFreeman

They die. Even if it didn’t kill them, the fall from space back to earth would.

Eredin12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 Eredin12  Online

@jaylinfreeman: How will fall from space kill them? Loki was falling for 30 minutes and fall did nothing to him

DivineVisitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Neither Thor or Thanos have feats to suggest they can survive the heat produced at the epicentre of a nuke, it is atom shredding. Pound for pound we are talking about the 2nd most destructive reaction known to man (with anti-matter reactions being the most powerful).

They don't have the feats ergo they don't survive. Pretty simple.

With regards to Tony's "light up" a continent statement the energy produced by a nuke is the equivalent of the energy produced by a continent over a short space of time. However it is still a hyperbolic statement with little to clarify or quantify it.

What does he mean by "light up" a continent?

Does he mean power only the lights within said continent or something else entirely?

How long is this figurative continent 'lit up' for? A year? A month? A week? A nanosecond?

What continent is he talking about?

None of this is clarified. It's about as credible as Batman saying Superman is as strong as a planet.

JaylinFreeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eredin12 said:

@jaylinfreeman: How will fall from space kill them? Loki was falling for 30 minutes and fall did nothing to him

Wasn't Loki trapped in Dr. Strange's portal? If that is what you are referring to, we have no way of knowing the height he fell from, or the contents within the portal, etc. Anyways, the fall from space would seal the deal due heavy damage already inflicted on them from the nuke.

Eredin12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By Eredin12  Online

@jaylinfreeman:

No, he was trapped somewhere with gravity where he was falling for 30 minutes endlessly which is more than fall from space, height does not matter, the only duration of fall does but height makes fall last longer that is why we use it

And someone who can survive nuke will not die from fall from space no matter how hurt he is, fall from space is like 0,0000000000000001% of the damage of nuke

Scipio123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@juicers:

Nidavellir beam feat has a total energy output of 119.5 kilotons of tnt and is proven that Nidavellir's surface and beam has the temperature of 5-6k °F

I'm not buying that that star was only 5,000 degrees. That wouldn't make it any hotter than the Extremis soldiers from Iron Man 3. Even Happy Hogan survived one of those dudes blowing up a few metres away from him, and Jarvis explicitly stated that the explosion was 5,000 degrees.

Are we saying that Extremis soldiers could kill Thor now?

Scipio123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@takenstew22:

I love how people are still wanking the statement of the IG lighting up a continent even though it's most likely hyperbole and not actually equal to AP or DC.

I don't see how it would be hyperbole when we've seen that the Power Stone can bust planets all by itself:

No Caption Provided

That's pretty far above continent level. If anything, Tony's statement was a massive underestimation of the power of the Stones.

TakenStew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@takenstew22:

I love how people are still wanking the statement of the IG lighting up a continent even though it's most likely hyperbole and not actually equal to AP or DC.

I don't see how it would be hyperbole when we've seen that the Power Stone can bust planets all by itself:

No Caption Provided

That's pretty far above continent level. If anything, Tony's statement was a massive underestimation of the power of the Stones.

Except that was from a Celestial, a literal cosmic god.

And once again, I wasn't talking about the PS in general. I know how powerful it is from Thanos using it to shatter a moon. I was talking about people hyping that stupid "lighting up a continent" statement.

Scipio123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@takenstew22:

Except that was from a Celestial, a literal cosmic god.

He was still using the Power Stone to do it. The Collector used that piece of footage to illustrate the power of the Stone, not the power of the Celestials.

We also know that Ronan would have destroyed Xandar had Quill not challenged him to a dance-off, and Thanos was able to rip a large chunk of a moon off with it without much effort.

And Malekith (just a Dark Elf) was going to turn all Nine Realms back into pure darkness with the Reality Stone.

At some point you've just got to accept that the Infinity Stones really are THAT powerful.

And once again, I wasn't talking about the PS in general. I know how powerful it is from Thanos using it to shatter a moon. I was talking about people hyping that stupid "lighting up a continent" statement.

So you're willing to accept that the Power Stone on its own has planetary-level feats, but when its combined with the other Stones, it suddenly isn't even continent-level?

How does that make sense?

CocaColaMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

To my knowledge, there are three things that make a nuke so dangerous; Force, Heat, and Radiation. I'm unsure about the Radiation, but at least Thanos tanked the Snap, which has a lot of radiation. The force isn't an issue, since Thor took the Novi Grad explosion to the face. It's the heat that gets me, because neither Thanos or Thor have done anything to suggest they can resist that heat.

DivineVisitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By DivineVisitor

@scipio123:

"So you're willing to accept that the Power Stone on its own has planetary-level feats, but when its combined with the other Stones, it suddenly isn't even continent-level?"

It is also stated that the larger the source effected by the power stones power the greater the effect in Guardians of the Galaxy. Hence why it can destroy a planet and yet takes about 15 seconds to kill Ronin and doesn't one shot Tony.

@takenstew22is correct when he points out it is a statement with little in the way of context to clarify it.

TakenStew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By TakenStew22

@scipio123 said:

So you're willing to accept that the Power Stone on its own has planetary-level feats, but when its combined with the other Stones, it suddenly isn't even continent-level?

How does that make sense?

Omg, NO. People are overhyping that statement without even realizing that there could be other context. Like, what does he mean by "lighting up a continent"? Like, destroying it? Making a flash of light that size? Hell, how does he even know what it will do? Could it be hyperbole? Does he mean actually using stones instead of just putting the gauntlet on? Do you understand now? I'm talking about the people wanking these characters' base durability to continent level.

Avatar image for manmadeofhunter
manmadeofhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By manmadeofhunter

Again with the "Thanos is planet level durability"?

So by logic anyone who is able to wield the Infinity Gauntlet is planet level? That's BS.

TakenStew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Scipio123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@divinevisitor:

It is also stated that the larger the source effected by the power stones power the greater the effect in Guardians of the Galaxy. Hence why it can destroy a planet and yet takes about 15 seconds to kill Ronin

That can be explained by Quill not using the Stone's full power on Ronan. We know from IW that you don't have to use the Stone to its fullest extent all of the time.

and doesn't one shot Tony.

Tony not being instantly incinerated by the Stones is BS and PIS. Hulk (who is vastly more durable than IM) could barely even stand while wearing the Gauntlet and yet you're telling me that Tony freaking Stark in a damaged suit can still pop a funny one-liner with the Stones coursing through his veins?

Get out of town.

Avatar image for manmadeofhunter
manmadeofhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

To my knowledge, there are three things that make a nuke so dangerous; Force, Heat, and Radiation. I'm unsure about the Radiation, but at least Thanos tanked the Snap, which has a lot of radiation. The force isn't an issue, since Thor took the Novi Grad explosion to the face. It's the heat that gets me, because neither Thanos or Thor have done anything to suggest they can resist that heat.

*Insert thor star gif here*

Arthur_Morgan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

they get nuked.

DivineVisitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By DivineVisitor

@scipio123:

"That can be explained by Quill not using the Stone's full power on Ronan. We know from IW that you don't have to use the Stone to its fullest extent all of the time."

Or it could be explained by the very line that explains how the Power Stone works in Guardians of the Galaxy:

Gamora; "The bigger the target, the bigger the power surge."

Scipio123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By Scipio123

@takenstew22:

Omg, NO. People are overhyping that statement without even realizing that there could be other context. Like, what does he mean by "lighting up a continent"? Like, destroying it? Making a flash of light that size? Hell, how does he even know what it will do? Could it be hyperbole?

It's not hyperbole to say that the Stones can bust continents, when they have feats of busting planets, and eliminating life on a universal scale.

Does he mean actually using stones instead of just putting the gauntlet on?

I'm pretty sure he's referring to the total amount of energy the Stones are producing. In which case, that is a gross understatement.

We don't know how much of that total energy is absorbed by someone who puts the Gauntlet on, but we know that its still a ridiculous amount (and probably above a 400kt nuke) given that the Russo's explicitly said that Thor wouldn't be able to survive even putting the Gauntlet on, and they weren't even sure that Captain Marvel would be able to perform the Snap.

As per the Russo's, Hulk was the only Avenger who could survive wielding the full Gauntlet, and even then that was only because of the Gamma Radiation thing.

I'm talking about the people wanking these characters' base durability to continent level.

As I said above, we have no idea how much energy exactly Hulk and Thanos absorbed when they Snapped, but we can get some kind of idea that it must have been an awful lot and certainly far above what Thor took from the star in IW.

Scipio123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By Scipio123

@divinevisitor:

Or it could be explained by the very line that explains how the Power Stone works in Guardians of the Galaxy:

Gamora; "The bigger the target, the bigger the power surge."

That statement is debunked by the fact that we see throughout IW and EG that the intensity of the Power Stone's attacks can be modulated. Clearly, the attacks Thanos uses on Okoye and Bucky are far weaker than the ones he uses to destroy Thor's ship in IW or to KO Captain Marvel in EG.

Brie Larson and Danai Gurira are the same height, but the attack Thanos hit Captain Marvel with was far more powerful than the one he used on Okoye.

Size of the target has nothing to do with it. What matters is the intent of the wielder.

And the Stone being more powerful on a bigger target doesn't even make any sense since a concentrated attack on a smaller target will always do more damage than one that's spread out over a large area.

Just ask Wonder Woman.

Eredin12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By Eredin12  Online

@divinevisitor: Yeah that was debunked, by that logic since Cap is larger than Carol that means power stone attack that one-shotted her is weaker than power stone attack he used on Cap, what Gamora says is not fact, she is not omniscient narrator

Scipio123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eredin12 said:

@divinevisitor: Yeah that was debunked, by that logic since Cap is larger than Carol that means power stone attack that one shouted her is weaker than power stone attack he used on Cap, what Gamora says is not fact, she is not omniscient narrator

Exactly...

"Size matters not!"

Avatar image for kryptonianking88
KryptonianKing88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

tbh the only argument against the continental statement is the fact that Stark created metal on par with Uru. I don’t see why MCU high tiers can’t have high energy durability, especially when every stone has been described as a world ender in one way or another

Isocom79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By Isocom79

Btw, for those arguing Thor's star feat doesn't count, (or isn't Superman WE level) or is less than a Nuclear explosion, should realize Gamma Ray Bursts can exceed 2,000,000,000 degrees Celsius.

That's discounting the crushing gravity output by a Neutron star. That essentially means while Thor is tanking 2bil degrees, he is also resisting an incalculable amount of gravity that if you believe just Chris Hemsworth's weight (not Thor's actual weight in the comics or mcu) he'd weigh 28,000,000,000,000 lbs.

And Thanos pummeled the guy that can do that easily.