• 176 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for rampagethefirst
#101 Posted by RampageTheFirst (7573 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_fub: Okay. Don't tag me in braindead posts please.

Avatar image for newyorkjetsarecool
#102 Posted by newyorkjetsarecool (167 posts) - - Show Bio

#103 Edited by katanalauncher (3614 posts) - - Show Bio

@ourmanuel:

1) I wasn’t actually serious

I assumed so, but it's hard for sarcasm to come through text.

Even though I'm not bothered, I suggest you treat everyone with the same respect in the future, since people mostly won't know whether you are joking or not.

I’m not new, I’ve been here your 2 and 1/2 years

That's relatively new, but that doesn't discredit you as a debater, just the trend I notice of newer people around here getting too heated into arguments which turns pretty ugly.

Thor isn’t tanking anything on tsar bomba level as he’s failed to show that much durability. The reason why you think he can is due to people on the internet being unable to understand how nuke explosions differ from things like “the full force of a Star” and then they come up with flawed calculations.

The power of a star is actually very similar to Hydrogen bomb, both are fueled by fusion reaction. Although something like Tsar bomb use both fusion and fission reactions. Even though the mechanics they release the energy is different, the nature of the energy is the same.

While it's true that nuclear bomb surpass the temperature of the sun for a split second, overall stars yield more in a second far more energy than any nuclear bomb.

I think it's better for you to point out the flaws in the calculations, rather that dismissing any entirely. Even though I'm pretty much a noob in that regard, I can still point out flaws in a lot of calcs I come across. Good luck arguing against the posters though lol.

#104 Posted by destinyman75 (14309 posts) - - Show Bio

@ourmanuel: You can disagree all you like but don't change the facts that you can't compare real science with a fantasy movie, that logic goes no-place fast..Nor deny on screen statements just because it don't equate to what you think is real science....

#105 Posted by destinyman75 (14309 posts) - - Show Bio

@nervedamage: Nice try but even our sun by comparison the energy is the equivalent of 100 billion one megaton bombs exploding every second..

https://plus.google.com/108952536790629690817/posts/XVPiicbp1vH

#106 Edited by destinyman75 (14309 posts) - - Show Bio

@ourmanuel: also what's all this but it's an energy Durability feat stuff? That's what most if the nuclear is as well?? And just to show how crazy Thor's durability energy or otherwise is still crazy Impressive. Our sun emits energy equal to one BILLION exploding one megaton nuclear bombs per second. Thor withstood that for freaking two minutes, physical body damaged but took it for more time then any other hero can. To question his durability is nuts to me.

Also I never said he could tank a zsar bomb unscathed..nor did I Insult you

#107 Posted by TheGerudoKing (1599 posts) - - Show Bio
#108 Posted by TheGerudoKing (1599 posts) - - Show Bio

@nervedamage: but what about when you focus that energy into a single spot?

Avatar image for thebestofthebest
#109 Edited by ThEBeStOfTheBeST (11223 posts) - - Show Bio

@destinyman75: You'd need about 600 billion megatons to wipe out the Moon, and according to you Thor tanked 100 billion megatons per second for approximately 3 minutes which is 30 times more powerful than a concentrated moon-busting attack. Do you really believe MCU Thor is that durable?

Avatar image for therealvalkyrie
#110 Posted by TheRealValkyrie (101 posts) - - Show Bio

@breakofdawn:

I thought that feat(Thor with the star)was pretty impressive, but I’m kinda very limited about my knowledge of neutron stars so I don’t know how hot they can get at the core. It should be pretty hot since I checked out a few websites and they were all saying that the surface temp can reach over 1,000,000 degrees, so therefore the core should be hotter(I mean it would make sense, but like I said I don’t know Jack about neutron stars)and even if the core can’t hit what a nuke could(talking about heat, I already know that a nuke is not reaching the damage output of a star), that beam was very concentrated, while the core of a nuke kinda explodes everywhere, so a lot of potential is wasted. So id say that the star feat defienlty overshadows the nuke feat imo

Disclaimer: most of this I said up there is based off what little I know, so feel free to correct me if I’m wrong, but I’d say he could probably take most of if not all of the arsenal of nukes we have.

#111 Edited by ad-arts (2046 posts) - - Show Bio

@breakofdawn: Well first of all its color would be somewhere between blue and white, closer to blue not yellow as in the film. However most important thing about neutron stars.. These stars do not actively generate heat, they are dead stars. There is no nuclear reaction going on inside it. It's cooling down over time. They said in the movie he took full force of the star... They had no idea what they were talking about because it's ridiculous. And I am fine with ridiculous as long as it is consistent... which in case of Thor it is not. Neutron star based on all other showings of Thor is way too much for him. Why? Gravity is billions of times that of Earth's. Meaning Thor near it would weight... Billions of tons. I'm assuming he cannot lift that much - prove me wrong. What is more important though, once that door was opened nothing really happened... I am assuming once you open a door and change from near zero gravity to billions GS... Something is going to happen and it is going to be ugly. Unless that giant dwarf dude and a squirrel can also effortlessly tank gravity billions of times higher... Sure. Like I said... They may call it whatever they want but it is not a neutron star... Even if it were... Its make things more inconsistent than necessary. There is no reason for Thor to be able to tank billions of G and be cut by a knife... Ridiculous. There is nothing I dislike more in these film than inconsistency... Like it's too dam hard to write a script making sense. Spoiler, it's not.

Avatar image for captainsweatpan
#112 Posted by CaptainSweatpan (974 posts) - - Show Bio

@therealvalkyrie: it reaches that temperature for a split second, it's almost like lightning, lightning is 10 times hotter than the sun but it's only for a split second and that's why humans can survive being struck by lightning

#113 Posted by CaptainSweatpan (974 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't see Thor tanking a nuke

#114 Edited by CaptainSweatpan (974 posts) - - Show Bio

@ad-arts: he was cut by an Asgardian knife

You want a neutron star to act like a Neutron star but you're not taking into account the tech of the Giant Dwarfs, one would assume that the tech allowed them to be able to harness the power of the Neutron star into a beam of energy, this is the world of fiction, either believe what the story is telling you or just don't waste your time and watch it, I mean once you ask questions like that all of fiction stops making sense and you take away from the story the writers and directors are trying to tell you, it was a beam of the full force of a Neutron star, either except it or just simply don't watch the movies

#115 Posted by ourmanuel (11399 posts) - - Show Bio

What an absolutely trash thread

#116 Posted by Bayman007 (1554 posts) - - Show Bio

@waxseruya said:

@bayman007: No if no have doomsday he get full nuke not chance survive look picture have doomsday he still die .

If same OP said Thor no have Stormbreaker = he die.

If superman no have doomsday and solar sun = he die.

No Caption Provided

No really, firstly Superman won’t be affected by Kryptonite in this scenario.

Secondly we already saw what Doomsday could do after he was hit with the Nuke. He was producing massive Nuke like explosions as soon as he landed and evolved. Superman amped him further with that bulrush from space, before he did this.

Animated GIF
Animated GIF

As you see Superman had nothing in front of him, and totally no sold the blast. Didn't need the sun this time.

Thor dies from a nuke point blank with no storm breaker.

#117 Posted by Bayman007 (1554 posts) - - Show Bio

@breakofdawn said:

@bayman007: Sorry, my notifications for Comicvine are bugged for some reason. The concussive force won't do much worse than the concentrated star energy, which was enough to send him flying when he lost consciousness.

It’s a good endurance feat for the heat itself, but as I said if we factor everything here, the point blank hit including the radiation which would take precedence in space, he won’t be getting back up imo.

On earth which is OT, it would be an even worse outcome for him because of the combustion and concussive force point blank, and the fall out after.

#118 Posted by Bayman007 (1554 posts) - - Show Bio

@nucleon said:

14.216667, precisely.

/thread.

@emanresu_20 said:

@bayman007:

There is no blast in Space since there is no atmosphere. Only radiation from a nuke remains

You're right, but we comic book lovers have "physics" of our own, don't we. 14.2 sounds reasoneable.

You've got Nucleon logic, that's clear enough for all to see!

BW has faster combat speed than Superman...

#119 Posted by NWgzsjUwhM96Y2 (3825 posts) - - Show Bio

@bayman007: DDs blasts are not even close to a nuke. Their shockwaves do little to no damage to buildings and the main damage dealers, the red lightnings, only have feats of breaking concrete and nothing more. Only thing we know for sure about them is 1- it generates pressure enough to break concrete

2- It generates enough energy to break around a hundred thousand ton of concrete

Nukes on the other hand generate TPa-PPa (tera-peta pascals) level pressure and Peta joules of energy. Plus there was a large distance between superman and DD. There is nothing to suggest nuke level+ durability for superman.

#120 Edited by Alavanka (2587 posts) - - Show Bio

@ad-artsThe star is in fact purple. The reason we see it glow yellow-ish is because of the shell built around the star heating up. This was explained by the VFX team (link to article here). A quote from the article: "When dormant, the center looks like an ice-encrusted egg, but when purple plasma inside is activated, energy shines through like a Chinese lantern and powers the Nidavellir forges". Even disregarding this, if you tried to calculate the star feat using the assumption that Nidavellir is yellow, you would still get enormous figures. I believe a dude last week calc'd it in as the equivalent of 12 Tsar Bombas....and that calc was really a low-end.

Gravity isn't as much of an issue if we assume the dyson sphere has technology that is able to suppress it. You would assume that the dwarves with the technology and magic to create a glove that can wield the infinity stones can do this. Even when Thor opens the iris, the star emits a beam. The force of that beam simply has to be greater than the force of gravity so that the net force on Thor is roughly equal. In fact, since the beam pushes Thor towards the rings when he let's go we know that the force of the beam is in fact greater than the force of the star's gravity.

Thor would only get cut by knives made out of Asgardian metals, which are made out of materials far more durable than those found on Earth (Heimdall's knives can cut spaceships that can smash through solid stone). Asgardians weaker than Thor have feats of bending knives with their bare hands.

#121 Posted by Bayman007 (1554 posts) - - Show Bio

@nwgzsjuwhm96y2: The buildings are leveled in that Gif i provided. I said Nuke like, as in Doomsday took in what made him stronger, and could now produce those type of explosions. The distance between them wasn't that large, although i agree of course this time it isn't point blank (Which i think Supes could survive anyway with his durability).

I was mainly addressing the other guy who seems to think Clark needs the sun everytime he is hit.

#122 Posted by LuminousHydra (320 posts) - - Show Bio

MCU fanboys trying to wank up Thor's feat when the 'star' he nearly died to is featless. Iron man has more feats than it lol.

#123 Posted by CaptainSweatpan (974 posts) - - Show Bio
#124 Edited by Alanclower (78 posts) - - Show Bio

@luminoushydra: No evidence prove that thor cannot tank it this are allegation which has bias same as guessing DCEU Kryptonian weak to magic.

#125 Posted by Mr_Shazam0920 (4528 posts) - - Show Bio

Guys let’s be reasonable.

1000 Tsar bombs is absolutely ridiculous.

Realistically he can take 1 nuke, he has the feats to do so.

#126 Edited by Alanclower (78 posts) - - Show Bio

@bayman007 said:

@waxseruya said:

@bayman007: No if no have doomsday he get full nuke not chance survive look picture have doomsday he still die .

If same OP said Thor no have Stormbreaker = he die.

If superman no have doomsday and solar sun = he die.

No Caption Provided

No really, firstly Superman won’t be affected by Kryptonite in this scenario.

Secondly we already saw what Doomsday could do after he was hit with the Nuke. He was producing massive Nuke like explosions as soon as he landed and evolved. Superman amped him further with that bulrush from space, before he did this.

As you see Superman had nothing in front of him, and totally no sold the blast. Didn't need the sun this time.

Thor dies from a nuke point blank with no storm breaker.

Please stop brought as an excuse.

He recover power in while fight a batman time he tank nuke he still have power it clearly he can fly and fight a doomsday.

If Kryptonite still have affected he will cannot fly and not have power.

Duration fight Doomsday and scene nuke he still have power of kryptonian.
No Caption Provided
Duration fight Batman affected by Kryptonite cannot fight batman he are normal human not have power. 
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Evidence he can restore power in a short time.

No Caption Provided

Please stop bias of you alreadylook at evidence.

#127 Posted by Alanclower (78 posts) - - Show Bio

@bayman007: He need sun definitely it healing he if no have it he will die Please stop bias of you already look at evidence.

IF no have sun he still float in space and die he will not recovered from injury.

No Caption Provided

#128 Edited by Bayman007 (1554 posts) - - Show Bio

@waxseruya:@alanclower: I showed you CLEAR evidence that Clark did not need the sun after that hit from Doomday, the one that leveled the buildings. He no sold it.

The Gif you posted above is the one we have already discussed, where he was weakened with Kryptonite in space (he still had the scar on his face), and needed the sun after being drained.

Please keep up.

If Thor takes a nuke to the face without stormbreaker, he dies.

#129 Edited by Alanclower (78 posts) - - Show Bio

@bayman007: You see gif or no ? he fly and lift doomsday he healed from sun please reply why he can flying.

you not show evidence just said random by not have gif or video confirm.

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for panda_emperorix
#130 Posted by panda_emperorix (3695 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor? all of them (he has the feats)

Superman? one

#131 Edited by Bayman007 (1554 posts) - - Show Bio

@alanclower: I have given you evidence. The Kryptonite scar is visible on his face.

We moved on to this scenario being on earth, and i have provided evidence which you have yet to address.

#132 Edited by Alanclower (78 posts) - - Show Bio

@ bayman007 : Why he can fly ? fly are power of kryptonian or no ?

DCEU kryptonian can fly or no ?

It are power of he clearly he not get affected by Kryptonite he still have power.

Please look again restore power.

No Caption Provided

#133 Edited by Bayman007 (1554 posts) - - Show Bio

@alanclower: What has that got to do with anything? This mearly shows his resilience , considering he fought Batman followed by Doomdsay, and then got hit by a nuke - all before the sun took the effects away.

#134 Edited by Alanclower (78 posts) - - Show Bio

@bayman007: Up look at gif he can restore power and doomsday absorb nuke and sun healing are factor he can survive.

1 Restore power not get affected by Kryptonite.

2 Doomsday absorb radiation nuke.

3 Sun healing.

#135 Posted by Bayman007 (1554 posts) - - Show Bio

@alanclower: Re-read my post #131, i have underlined the important part for you.

#136 Edited by Alanclower (78 posts) - - Show Bio

@bayman007: He have scar show that he can die from one nuke. You not accept superman can die in one nuke.

Despite see evidence and factor.

#137 Posted by Johndeyvido (243 posts) - - Show Bio

Comicvine is indeed a wonderful place.

The dwarves could create a device that harnessed the combined power of 6 infinity stones that was used to wipe out half of the universe but according to "logic" they can't build a structure to withstand a star, I wonder which is more difficult to do?

#138 Posted by Lucano (3442 posts) - - Show Bio

Heat =/= Blast force

Thor's energy projection and heat durability are great, but a nuclear explosion also has radiation and blast force as part of its components, Thor might survive the heat, but the force of a single explosion and the radiation would certainly kill him. So 1 or 0.

#139 Posted by Bayman007 (1554 posts) - - Show Bio

@alanclower: No, he had a scar because Batman used a Kryptonite spear to cut his face, you know... the only thing that can make Superman vunerable to piercing.

The scar was still visible as he got hit by the nuke.

#140 Posted by Nucleon (3222 posts) - - Show Bio

MCU fanboys trying to wank up Thor's feat when the 'star' he nearly died to is featless. Iron man has more feats than it lol.

Except of course melting uru.

#141 Edited by Alanclower (78 posts) - - Show Bio

@bayman007: Please stop brought as an excuse kryptonite it not a factor.

I Proven depend on bias of you you will look evidence and factor UP post or no ?

I lazy explain i will stop.

But i will tell they thor and superman die in one nuke.

If you fanboy think that he survive in one nuke is your idea.

I stop already bye.

#142 Posted by Nucleon (3222 posts) - - Show Bio

@bayman007: No, he had a scar because Batman used a Kryptonite spear to cut his face, you know... the only thing that can make Superman vunerable to piercing.

That and overwhelming force, like for everyone, of course.

#143 Posted by Bayman007 (1554 posts) - - Show Bio

@nucleon: Superman isn't everyone. He has only been pierced when Kryptonite was used or was present. It weakens him.

#144 Posted by Bayman007 (1554 posts) - - Show Bio

@bayman007: Please stop brought as an excuse kryptonite it nor factor.

I Proven depend on bias of you you will look evidence and factor UP post or no ?

I stop already bye.

I'm providing facts that you can't handle more like.

You have proven nothing, other than your amazing ability to go around in circles and call people names.

I will say it agian. Superman has a better chance of surviving point blank nuke on earth, than Thor (who will die). You haven't addressed my previous posts on this particular matter, so i'm happy to accept your wave good bye.

Avatar image for sexybayonetta22
#145 Posted by SexyBayonetta22 (1612 posts) - - Show Bio

Waiting for Endgame for another omegawank wave

#146 Posted by destinyman75 (14309 posts) - - Show Bio
#147 Posted by destinyman75 (14309 posts) - - Show Bio
#148 Edited by Nucleon (3222 posts) - - Show Bio

@bayman007 said:

@nucleon: Superman isn't everyone. He has only been pierced when Kryptonite was used or was present. It weakens him.

Supes follows the same rules as everyone; Was he himself made of kryptonite when he twisted Zod's neck? Why should Zod's skin be relatively stronger than his tendons and bones? Anything with enough force behing it can hurt Supes, and no, it isn't un-common, not in the MCU. Kryptonite is just a shortcut.

Can WW's sword cut Superman or not?

#149 Edited by Openthedoor (244 posts) - - Show Bio

@alanclower said:

@bayman007: Please stop brought as an excuse kryptonite it not a factor.

I stop already bye.

This superman cannot survive in 1 nuke Thor More than bitch boy Superman.

#150 Edited by Bayman007 (1554 posts) - - Show Bio

@nucleon: You're talking about neck snaps, when i was talking about piercing. Why?

Piercing - He has only been pierced when Kryptonite was used or was present. It weakens him. Kryptonite is not a shortcut, file it under 'Supermans weaknesses'.

Stay on track dear fellow, because what i am saying is the truth.