#201 Posted by IPvMan (866 posts) - - Show Bio

@optimuspalm: I say she doesn't need another feat because cutting DD is better than cutting stone lol. And she did it multiple times while Hulk's and Thor's axes were getting shattered after a few blows. So it's pretty obvious what's the superior weaponry. And it takes that kind of weaponry to harm Doomsday so Hulk isn't doing it with Sakar fodder axes. Good day.

#202 Edited by Nucleon (3222 posts) - - Show Bio

@ipvman: I say she doesn't need another feat because cutting DD is better than cutting stone lol.

That's circular logic (so it isn't logic at all). What's discussed here, precisely, is Doomsday's resistance to piercing damage. If Doomsday isn't that much resistant to piercing damage, then that is hardly a feat for WW's sword. I try to use simple words here.

Those who claim Doomsday is quite mediocre in terms of piercing resistance have, with WW's sword being unable to hurt two bosses out of three (both of them being generally found out inferior to DD in terms of overall power), powerful, viable arguments.

I thought you lost interest, BTW - Happy to see it isn't the case.

#203 Posted by Bayman007 (1553 posts) - - Show Bio

Doomsday survives a Nuke, followed by re-entry, followed by hitting the earth from space... and then he evolves. Heat vision can't melt Dianas weapons, but can melt steel girders and skyskrapers. And this axe is supposed to do something to him? Diana is massively faster, and more skilful with weapons than the Hulk for starters.....

It's laughable for people to suggest that One hulk is beating him. :-)

#204 Edited by Nucleon (3222 posts) - - Show Bio

@bayman007: WW nearly beat Doomsday by herself in BvS. He isn't that tough, well, not to piercing damage, obviously. He only ended that tough because both Superman and the gubbermint amped him with energy attacks, and even then WW was doing fine against the most amped one - he couldn't even get out of her lasso, for crying out loud.

If the Sakarian arena hammer can resist being used by such behemoths as Thor and The Hulk, then yeah I guess the axe version is just as able to do the job and cleave Doomsday roughly in half, if wielded with sufficient strength. When did those weapons failed, anyway? Because WW's swords have failed a few times.

One Hulk. And that lone Hulk is going to win, too.

#205 Edited by Bayman007 (1553 posts) - - Show Bio

@nucleon: No she didn't. They needed Kryptonite to kill him, which she didn,t have. He evolved after her massively strong sword chopped his arm off....

That axe doesn't have the feats to suggest it can pierce DD.

One hulk will turn back into Banner very quickly. So no, you're dreaming.

#206 Edited by Nucleon (3222 posts) - - Show Bio

@bayman007: Will DD grow a spike where his head was?

#207 Edited by Bayman007 (1553 posts) - - Show Bio

@nucleon: He evolves to physical damage, aswell as energy attacks.

Why would he grow a spike on his head, or say leg?? Surely the evloution would benefit him, as we saw, on screen.

Besides, only Kryptonian weapons can kill it. So get your facts straight.

#208 Edited by Nucleon (3222 posts) - - Show Bio

@bayman007: Every entity can be beaten by being overpowered. I am pretty sure that without Superman's failed dickery, WW could have taken on Doomsday and kill it alone, without kryptonite - the damn thing wasn't even able to get out of her lasso. Doomsday' grossly over-rated, IMO.

Avatar image for americanspeeddemon
#209 Posted by americanspeeddemon (7213 posts) - - Show Bio

@bayman007: DCEU Doomsday's only evolutions have been growing spikes. He did it after being hit by the nuke and after having his arm cut off. A spike for a hand isn't an improvement over a hand so it doesn't seem to be that he gets an improvement and he has no feats to say he could regen from lethal damage. And besides that, DD stats aren't great. He was almost beat by a weakened Superman and was held off by WW if it wasn't for his hax 1 Hulk could beat him. With his hax Hulk will probably lose unless he can cut him with his axe.

#210 Posted by IPvMan (866 posts) - - Show Bio

@nucleon:

That's circular logic (so it isn't logic at all). What's discussed here, precisely, is Doomsday's resistance to piercing damage. If Doomsday isn't that much resistant to piercing damage, then that is hardly a feat for WW's sword. I try to use simple words here.

Doomsday tanked a nuke and tank shredder bullets. What piercing feats does Sakar's arena wall, and floor have again? That's your logic, so adhere to it. Wonder Woman's sword is superior. Doomsday's durability is superior.

Those who claim Doomsday is quite mediocre in terms of piercing resistance have, with WW's sword being unable to hurt two bosses out of three (both of them being generally found out inferior to DD in terms of overall power), powerful, viable arguments.

Why do you keep on about points you have already been proven wrong about? She DID cut Steppenwolf. She didn't use the same sword on Ares. You didn't really respond last time I refuted that point so I assumed you took the hint, clearly not.

I thought you lost interest, BTW - Happy to see it isn't the case.

My curiosity about your persistence on a clearly untenable point has rekindled my interest.

If the Sakarian arena hammer can resist being used by such behemoths as Thor and The Hulk, then yeah I guess the axe version is just as able to do the job and cleave Doomsday roughly in half, if wielded with sufficient strength. When did those weapons failed, anyway? Because WW's swords have failed a few times.

Once.

No Caption Provided

Twice.

No Caption Provided

The weapons didn't even last the fight. Wonder Woman's sword can resist Doomsday's punches.

No Caption Provided

One Hulk. And that lone Hulk is going to win, too.

You don't even know what you're talking about lol. An opinion born of ignorance, which is okay. But at least be able to let go of your cognitive dissonance in the face of overwhelming evidence and logic.

#211 Posted by Nucleon (3222 posts) - - Show Bio

@ipvman: Doomsday tanked a nuke and tank shredder bullets.

The Nuke (in space) is a totally different kind of damage: It is explosive (opposite to AP) and energy. Variable levels of durability do exist in the DCEU. And I don't think 30mm bullets (which effectively fall in the piercing, impact damage category) are such a big deal. 120mm AP shells? Now we're talking.

What piercing feats does Sakar's arena wall, and floor have again? That's your logic, so adhere to it. Wonder Woman's sword is superior. Doomsday's durability is superior.

Obviously, the arena's walls were solid enough to resist a Thor/Hulk fight. I don't see what's it got to do with the price of beans in etc.

Why do you keep on about points you have already been proven wrong about? She DID cut Steppenwolf. She didn't use the same sword on Ares. You didn't really respond last time I refuted that point so I assumed you took the hint, clearly not.

Well, it didn't have much of an effect, given how Supes ridiculed him. How come lowly Steppenwold is that durable to WW's sword while DD isn't, like at all? Isn't DD over SW power-wise? And I don't have anything that differentiates WW's first sword from the second one. IMO, both were pretty much built at the same place.

My curiosity about your persistence on a clearly untenable point has rekindled my interest.

[cough][/cough]

Once.

Twice.

The weapons didn't even last the fight. Wonder Woman's sword can resist Doomsday's punches.

Big Deal - the weapons affected one another, which is a sign of balance, not one of weakness: If two of WW's swords clashed, them being broken or intact afterwards would prove nothing neither for or against the sword. It's a concept called "relativity". Now if, say, Thor's arena hammer had became bent or broken by the handle after he hit the Hulk like that, you would have a point.

You don't even know what you're talking about lol. An opinion born of ignorance, which is okay. But at least be able to let go of your cognitive dissonance in the face of overwhelming evidence and logic.

Doesn't look like logic is your forte: It's been two times in your last two posts that you fail at it.

#212 Edited by IPvMan (866 posts) - - Show Bio

@nucleon:

The Nuke (in space) is a totally different kind of damage: It is explosive (opposite to AP) and energy. Variable levels of durability do exist in the DCEU. And I don't think 30mm bullets (which effectively fall in the piercing, impact damage category) are such a big deal. 120mm AP shells? Now we're talking.

They weren't in space they were in the upper atmosphere, or else Doomsday wouldn't have been able to make it back to Earth, he would of been floating in space. That's also why a giant fireball was produced.

No Caption Provided

So that argument is fundamentally flawed. It's actually all forms of damage, including blunt if you include the shockwave produced. The fact this didn't even effect Doomsday means that's the lower limit of his durability, which has staggering implications to his overall durability including his piercing durability. And they may not be a big deal but they are better than anything Hulk has replicated with weapons. They can tear up stone and concrete just fine too.

Obviously, the arena's walls were solid enough to resist a Thor/Hulk fight. I don't see what's it got to do with the price of beans in etc.

Not more impressive than Doomsday's durability.

Well, it didn't have much of an effect, given how Supes ridiculed him. How come lowly Steppenwold is that durable to WW's sword while DD isn't, like at all? Isn't DD over SW power-wise? And I don't have anything that differentiates WW's first sword from the second one. IMO, both were pretty much built at the same place.

It cut him and shattered his axe. Steppenwolf had New God armor on and Wonder Woman could never get a clean shot on him due to his more saavy and conservative fighting style in comparison to Doomsdays. The one time she did, she cut him. So there's nothing to lowball there. Yeah I would say overall powerwise but who would win in a fight is another matter entirely. Styles make fights. The thing that differentiates WWs first sword from her second one is her first one was melted by Ares in WW1.

No Caption Provided

So it's not the same sword she uses on Doomsday in BvS, or in JL. You thinking it's conceptually or metaphorically the same sword is not relevant, in reality they are different weapons. So you can stop saying two out of three bosses now lol.

[cough][/cough]

Mhm.

Big Deal - the weapons affected one another, which is a sign of balance, not one of weakness: If two of WW's swords clashed, them being broken or intact afterwards would prove nothing neither for or against the sword. It's a concept called "relativity". Now if, say, Thor's arena hammer had became bent or broken by the handle after he hit the Hulk like that, you would have a point.

The point is WWs sword withstood a lot more force than Hulk or Thor's weapon, since Doomsday has increased mass and acceleration. So Wonder Woman's sword has a higher known tolerance than Sakar weapons that were casually shattered throughout the course of the fight. There's no reason to think Doomsday wouldn't shatter the axes just like Thor and Hulk did, easier even.

Doesn't look like logic is your forte: It's been two times in your last two posts that you fail at it.

That would be you, but keep trying maybe you'll get something right eventually.

#213 Posted by Bayman007 (1553 posts) - - Show Bio

@americanspeeddemon said:

@bayman007: DCEU Doomsday's only evolutions have been growing spikes. He did it after being hit by the nuke and after having his arm cut off.

That’s false, besides the countless times we see his body reacting to physical and energy attacks….. He sheds his skin after being nuked to reveal a new improved layer, at the same time he grew in size. He also sprouts horns or armour if you will, across shoulders and upper back. This is all before he lost his arm.

A spike for a hand isn't an improvement over a hand so it doesn't seem to be that he gets an improvement and he has no feats to say he could regen from lethal damage.

He didn’t surrender his hand willingly, he lost it. The ‘spike’ that grew in its place was Sword shaped, and is clearly sharp on both edges. This is a direct result of Diana’s attack with her stupidly strong weapon, what better way to counter that weapon, than with one of its own? This would also benefit him as he was born to kill Superman, and up until then Clark was stalemating him with punches. Kryptonite weakened them both and so DD took that opportunity to put him to the sword. If anything, Diana helped DD by mistake.

And besides that, DD stats aren't great. He was almost beat by a weakened Superman and was held off by WW if it wasn't for his hax 1 Hulk could beat him. With his hax Hulk will probably lose unless he can cut him with his axe.

The only way to kill DD is with Kryptionite. With this knowledge it still took the joint forces of the team to take him down. Batmans pure kryptonite weapon, Batmans kryptonite gas, Wonder Womans strength and lasso, Supermans bull rush and sacrifice. I don’t agree with your opinion about Doomsday’s stats at all.

1 Hulk would probably flake out, just like he did against Thanos.. imo this is because of those damn russo brothers messing him up so much. I am a fan of the big rage machine trust.

#214 Posted by Bayman007 (1553 posts) - - Show Bio

@nucleon said:

@bayman007: Every entity can be beaten by being overpowered. I am pretty sure that without Superman's failed dickery, WW could have taken on Doomsday and kill it alone, without kryptonite - the damn thing wasn't even able to get out of her lasso. Doomsday' grossly over-rated, IMO.

Batman (and Lois) know the real truth, that seems to have given you the slip

No Caption Provided

As for the failed dickery comment? Seriously, take a step back from the Vaseline. We all know you have a hard on for Supes, and none of us want things to get messy in here.

I do agree that if you gave the wonderful woman a kryptonite sword then she would have a good chance. Without it, no chance.

#215 Edited by Nucleon (3222 posts) - - Show Bio

@ipvman: They weren't in space they were in the upper atmosphere, or else Doomsday wouldn't have been able to make it back to Earth, he would of been floating in space. That's also why a giant fireball was produced.

Then why did Supes didn't also came down?

So that argument is fundamentally flawed. It's actually all forms of damage,

No. Look - you are wrong.

including blunt if you include the shockwave produced.

Blunt damage isn't piercing damage neither.

The fact this didn't even effect Doomsday means that's the lower limit of his durability, which has staggering implications to his overall durability including his piercing durability. And they may not be a big deal but they are better than anything Hulk has replicated with weapons. They can tear up stone and concrete just fine too.

That's not how it works. At DC, there is, without a doubt, distinctions about the type of damage created, and the subject's durability to that specific type of damage. The best exemple about this is Wonder Woman.

It cut him and shattered his axe.

Superman made it vulnerable using cold breath - which in itself is kindof a low durability feat for Stepp's weapon, BTW.

Steppenwolf had New God armor on and Wonder Woman could never get a clean shot on him due to his more saavy and conservative fighting style in comparison to Doomsdays. The one time she did, she cut him. So there's nothing to lowball there. Yeah I would say overall powerwise but who would win in a fight is another matter entirely. Styles make fights. The thing that differentiates WWs first sword from her second one is her first one was melted by Ares in WW1.

So it's not the same sword she uses on Doomsday in BvS, or in JL. You thinking it's conceptually or metaphorically the same sword is not relevant, in reality they are different weapons. So you can stop saying two out of three bosses now lol.

There's nothing that differentiates either sword. They're the same, half-generic props. Fact: If Steppenwolf had been hit by Thor and his hammer, it would have an otherwise convincing effect, if I judge by how Superman ridiculed him.

The point is WWs sword withstood a lot more force than Hulk or Thor's weapon, since Doomsday has increased mass and acceleration.

No - you are wrong: There is a lot more tear'n'wear in a Thor/Hulk fight than there is in a WW/Doomsday one. The arena weapons were proved to be able to do their job by delivering the awesome blows that these two behemoths deliver without failing. I wonder why this is even an article for discussion.

And what is this thing about DD's acceleration? And what makes you think he's heavier than the Hulk?

So Wonder Woman's sword has a higher known tolerance than Sakar weapons that were casually shattered throughout the course of the fight. There's no reason to think Doomsday wouldn't shatter the axes just like Thor and Hulk did, easier even.

If both of WW's sword were being used instead, they would have been shattered also. You claim they wouldn't? Well, then I could tell that's because they lack hitting power. The point is that the weapons being of the same making, they cancel one another in that case.

Did I told you logic is definitely not your forte?

#216 Posted by APEX_pretador (20339 posts) - - Show Bio

5-10 Hulks should be enough. They would knock him down and "smash big monster"

#217 Posted by Nucleon (3222 posts) - - Show Bio

@bayman007: Batman (and Lois) know the real truth, that seems to have given you the slip

First - How would they know anything? This is a 10-minutes old creature.

Second - They're wrong: Doomsday could be hurt, cut and mangled. What you heard is what us writers folk called a "plot device". Doomsday isn't surnatural - he can be killed by being overwhelmed, and heck - he was being overwhelmed. By Wonder Woman.

As for the failed dickery comment? Seriously, take a step back from the Vaseline. We all know you have a hard on for Supes, and none of us want things to get messy in here.

I do agree that if you gave the wonderful woman a kryptonite sword then she would have a good chance. Without it, no chance.

What more could she have done with a kryptonite sword? The one she held was perfectly able to do the job. IMO (and past your puerile sht, BTW), if WW was there first on the monster instead of Supes, he wouldn't have lived that long, or got amped by numerous energy attacks from Superman's part, including the brilliant raffinery destruction and, indirectly, the nuke.

If he's such teh sht, why didn't Doomsday escaped WW's lasso?

Avatar image for plotweapon16255
#218 Posted by plotweapon16255 (7730 posts) - - Show Bio

Doomsday slaughters every hulk.

Current Hulk is very pathetic.

#219 Edited by Bayman007 (1553 posts) - - Show Bio

@nucleon said:

@bayman007: Batman (and Lois) know the real truth, that seems to have given you the slip

First - How would they know anything? This is a 10-minutes old creature.

Duh, Batman was actively trying to kill Clark... The damn films name is a giveaway. How else did they both suddenly have the idea?

Second - They're wrong: Doomsday could be hurt, cut and mangled. What you heard is what us writers folk called a "plot device". Doomsday isn't surnatural - he can be killed by being overwhelmed, and heck - he was being overwhelmed. By Wonder Woman.

No, they were right. But keep swinging. Kryptonite was the ONLY thing that could kill it. Everything else including a Diana’s wonderfully strong Sword, and Nucleon missile, just made it stronger. Keep lowballing the gurl, it makes no difference to me ;-)

What more could she have done with a kryptonite sword?

I dunno, maybe kill it? She was just making it stronger without it.

The one she held was perfectly able to do the job. IMO (and past your puerile sht, BTW), if WW was there first on the monster instead of Supes, he wouldn't have lived that long, or got amped by numerous energy attacks from Superman's part, including the brilliant raffinery destruction and, indirectly, the nuke.

If he's such teh sht, why didn't Doomsday escaped WW's lasso?

Did you watch the movie? He did break free of her friggin Lasso, in order to stab Clark with his Sword arm. This was really imppresive considering WW's strength, the gas he had just been hit with, AND he had just taken the spear (the only weapon that could have killed it) to the chest.

Do you know what, it doesn't even matter if I share FACTS, it’s clear you're more about the lube and head cannon….

#220 Edited by Nucleon (3222 posts) - - Show Bio

@bayman007: Duh, Batman was actively trying to kill Clark... The damn films name is a giveaway. How else did they both suddenly have the idea?

Because the director told the actors playing them to say so. How would Batman, or for chryse's sake Lois Lane be omniscient about a creature that's ten minutes old? Bat-omniscience?

No, they were right. But keep swinging. Kryptonite was the ONLY thing that could kill it. Everything else including a Diana’s wonderfully strong Sword, and Nucleon missile, just made it stronger. Keep lowballing the gurl, it makes no difference to me ;-)

Well, they obviously were wrong, since Doomsday has been hurt, cut and mangled by a non-kryptonite object.

Growing a spike instead of a hand doesn't make one stronger, BTW. It's a mean trade-off, at best. Would you consider that Doomsday would be advantaged by growing another spike where his head was?

Did you watch the movie? He did break free of her friggin Lasso, in order to stab Clark with his Sword arm. This was really imppresive considering WW's strength, the gas he had just been hit with, AND he had just taken the spear (the only weapon that could have killed it) to the chest.

Doomsday didn't break out of the lasso until superdickery was involved, again. Face it - WW was beating Doomsday all by herself. And she's not even half as strong as the Hulk. What she did to Doomsday, a Hulk in arena garb can easily double it.

Good thin Supes was dead afterwards because If I were either Batman or WW I would have told him exactly what I thought about his "efforts".

Avatar image for supermanforever
#221 Posted by Supermanforever (8163 posts) - - Show Bio

Not enough, doomsday is different tear compared to hulk. maybe if they get 50 hulks to pile on him and hold for a while. But he will evolve and overcome them because they cant put him down.

#222 Edited by Bayman007 (1553 posts) - - Show Bio

@nucleon said:

@bayman007: Duh, Batman was actively trying to kill Clark... The damn films name is a giveaway. How else did they both suddenly have the idea?

Because the director told the actors playing them to say so. How would Batman, or for chryse's sake Lois Lane be omniscient about a creature that's ten minutes old? Bat-omniscience?

They literally discuss the effects of pure kryptionite when used on kryptionian cells in the movie. Batman steals the chunk of Kryptonite from Lex in order to build a weapon to kill Superman. You've moved on to rambling i see haha

Well, they obviously were wrong, since Doomsday has been hurt, cut and mangled by a non-kryptonite object.

Kryptonite is the only thing that could kill DD, as explained previously.

Growing a spike instead of a hand doesn't make one stronger, BTW. It's a mean trade-off, at best. Would you consider that Doomsday would be advantaged by growing another spike where his head was?

This post has nothing to do with what we are taking about. And i already answered this before, and followed it up, but you ignored it. More rambling and circles, fine by me.

Doomsday did break out of the lasso until superdickery was involved, again. Face it - WW was beating Doomsday all by herself. And she's not even half as strong as the Hulk. What she did to Doomsday, a Hulk in arena garb can easily double it.

At least you admit you were wrong. That’s a start…now on to the rest...we could be here a while.

Not that i was arguing WW vs Hulk... that's a different story, but even so her we go - WW isn't as strong as Clark so what's your point?

Wonder Woman would need a kryptonite Sword to try and kill Doomsday by herself. The Hulk hasn't even got a weapon to match Diana's current sword, let alone a glowing green one.

#223 Edited by Nucleon (3222 posts) - - Show Bio

@bayman007: The sole difference if WW's swords were kryptonite is probably that DD wouldn't be able to grow a spike after being mangled. It isn't kryptonite that severed its arm as if it was baloney - it was merely an edged prop wielded by a mid-level brick.

#224 Posted by Bayman007 (1553 posts) - - Show Bio

@nucleon:

Diana is a decent match up for Thor. But you already know that the DCEU big hitters are leagues above the MCU. ;-)

OT: Her Sword is more than a prop. It also has feats that put it well above the Axe you’ve been talking about.

#225 Posted by APEX_pretador (20339 posts) - - Show Bio
#226 Edited by ourmanuel (11395 posts) - - Show Bio
#227 Posted by TonyMartial (9324 posts) - - Show Bio

!alexa play a lot