#101 Posted by thanosii (3131 posts) - - Show Bio

3 to 5 should win everytime with axes

#102 Posted by Mister_Surreal (10184 posts) - - Show Bio

@tethadam: Hulk has no feats of durability that say he is anywhere on Doomsday’s level.

Avatar image for thebestofthebest
#103 Posted by ThEBeStOfTheBeST (11113 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk one shots. Too stronk.

#104 Edited by IPvMan (792 posts) - - Show Bio

@death4bunnies:

I dont think hulk is as fast as WW, but I dont think he needs to be to hit DD with his axe.

And why would you think that? If he was reacting to blows from Wonder Woman and Superman, who are faster than Hulk, why do think Hulk would stand a better chance at hitting him?

WWs sword has not been confirmed to be magic. If you can explain to me why you think its magic, maybe we'll get somewhere.

Regular swords don't usually glow red upon impact.

No Caption Provided

Couple that with the fact it was made on a magical island shrouded by mists, it would be fair to assume it is magical.

Hulks Axe has similar feats, if you rewatch the Arena fight on Sakarr hulk is breaking stone and ripping metal effortlessly with hat axe.

Hulk's axe has no feats on par with Diana's sword. Stop it.

Beyond cutting DD (which is what we are debating) WWs best sword feats are cutting a car in half, and cutting a small bolder in half. Both things that could be replicated by Hulk with the Axe.

Prove it. You're just stating conjecture and opinion. Wonder Woman's sword has better feats and that's that.

Because there is no real gap in the feats both weapons have performed im forced to believe they are about equal.

You would be wrong.

NO nukes are not piercing attacks. Those ships Nucleon showed would get wrecked by a bunker buster. Ordinance is specifically made to beat 'bunkers' capable of withstanding nukes, they generally rely on focused impact, rather than explosives. This is one way you can see the difference between a piercing attack and an explosive attack.

Indeed they are. They act exactly like conventional explosions except magnitudes more powerful and the shrapnel is atomic energy. So if a being can tank a nuke, you're not cutting him with a knife.

The sword of Athena has definitely failed to cut steppenwolf, even if it did do so towards the end of the movie. Its limits seem to be near apocalyptian tech.

Like I told Nucleon, it failed because she was off balance and couldn't generate power. The one time she did, it cut him. So that summation is just incorrect.

On topic 4-5 hulks with giant axes should be able to put DD down.

Considering Doomsday's durability, strength, speed, regeneration and ability of adaptation, I find that hard to believe personally.

#105 Posted by macleen (3429 posts) - - Show Bio

infinite

#106 Posted by death4bunnies (1135 posts) - - Show Bio

@ipvman said:

@death4bunnies:

I dont think hulk is as fast as WW, but I dont think he needs to be to hit DD with his axe.

And why would you think that? If he was reacting to blows from Wonder Woman and Superman, who are faster than Hulk, why do think Hulk would stand a better chance at hitting him?

Because 3-4 hulks. Simply that. And I didn't say "better chance" I said He could. He jumps real high and I can only see DD swatting away 2-3.

WWs sword has not been confirmed to be magic. If you can explain to me why you think its magic, maybe we'll get somewhere.

Regular swords don't usually glow red upon impact.

They do when that much (or far less) friction is applied to them, assuming the sword survives the impact. That means the sword is durable not magic. Else my drill bit is magic when it glows red.

No Caption Provided

Couple that with the fact it was made on a magical island shrouded by mists, it would be fair to assume it is magical.

Assume=head cannon

Hulks Axe has similar feats, if you rewatch the Arena fight on Sakarr hulk is breaking stone and ripping metal effortlessly with hat axe.

Hulk's axe has no feats on par with Diana's sword. Stop it.

I literately just listed the feats.

Beyond cutting DD (which is what we are debating) WWs best sword feats are cutting a car in half, and cutting a small bolder in half. Both things that could be replicated by Hulk with the Axe.

Prove it. You're just stating conjecture and opinion. Wonder Woman's sword has better feats and that's that.

You prove it. I listed Hulk hammers feat, then Dianas swords feats, if I missed one (beyond cutting DD which is what we are debating), let me know. Else your the one with non feat backed opinions.

Because there is no real gap in the feats both weapons have performed im forced to believe they are about equal.

You would be wrong.

Prove it with feats.

NO nukes are not piercing attacks. Those ships Nucleon showed would get wrecked by a bunker buster. Ordinance is specifically made to beat 'bunkers' capable of withstanding nukes, they generally rely on focused impact, rather than explosives. This is one way you can see the difference between a piercing attack and an explosive attack.

Indeed they are. They act exactly like conventional explosions except magnitudes more powerful and the shrapnel is atomic energy. So if a being can tank a nuke, you're not cutting him with a knife.

LOL. "The shrapnel is energy"??? Radiation? Its not the same as focused impact, thats why we have missiles that are less powerful than nukes, but can get through things nukes can't. Like bunkers. Someone cut him with a blade on screen!!

The sword of Athena has definitely failed to cut steppenwolf, even if it did do so towards the end of the movie. Its limits seem to be near apocalyptian tech.

Like I told Nucleon, it failed because she was off balance and couldn't generate power. The one time she did, it cut him. So that summation is just incorrect.

So is it the swords magical atom splitting powers, or the power Diana puts behind it? Pick one.

On topic 4-5 hulks with giant axes should be able to put DD down.

Considering Doomsday's durability, strength, speed, regeneration and ability of adaptation, I find that hard to believe personally.

He hasn't healed from decapitation.

#107 Posted by Lord_Titan_ (2635 posts) - - Show Bio

Not feeding the troll, this is bait

#108 Edited by Nucleon (3164 posts) - - Show Bio

@ipvman: But not faster than Wonder Woman

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Hulk has never done anything like that. And Wonder Woman has far more numerous and better speed and reaction feats than Hulk, so she is faster on the screen.

Throw a six-faced die; On a result of 1, WW's super speed activates; It does on 1-2 if she is fighting lowly mooks. In nearly all of JL, she almost never rolled neither 1 or 2s. That is what WW's speed is about: Luck- or PIS-activated.

The Hulk, on the other hand, is fast all of the time. He doesn't have to throw a die. I'd rather take his kind of speed, since WW's kind always end up shtting in your hands at the worse time one way or the other. Consistancy beats outlying feats.

Because Superman is faster? Superman is really fast. Faster than Hulk too. So that's not really a poor showing.

Yes, it is. We see it on the screen - it isn't happening that fast. The Hulk would have caught him like he did that ejecting seat in Avengers. If WW was half the speedster you dscribe, that wouldn't end up as a problem. Heck, I'd bet Cap Am would have reacted in time.

A nuke could be considered a piercing attack on a molecular level. In comicbook logic perhaps not, but there was no suggestion Doomsday had split durability. He's just that durable.

Split durabilities are the norm at DC: WW's can resist Superman's headbutt attacks yet she can be killed by a bullet, for exemple. I believe, based on what we saw on-screen, that Doomsday's relatively weak in terms of resistance to piercing/slashing attacks, as opposed as how tough he is against energy.

The electroaxe is actually pretty powerful as shown in the flashback sequence and numerous times throughout JL. It was more feats and better feats than Sakar's weaponry, I'm not sure where you're getting that from? I don't believe they have any feats at all to my recollection.

Stepp's axe was a prop, an extension of the character himself. It had no relevance of its own. Steppenwolf delivered more efficient attacks with his bare hands than he did with the axe.

It didn't fail to cut him, it cut through his armor before she broke his axe. You can see blood where she sliced him and he's holding his side. So she did cut him, and the only times she failed was because she was off balance and couldn't put power behind it. That's no low showing for her sword, which is indeed magic.

Once again, I too believe it is magic, but here's the catch: If you are saying that WW's sword cut DD on the sole virtue of being magical, that means in the future I won't be seeing you writing that, for exemple, Supes can beat Thor, because many of Thor's attacks are magical in nature, so he would probably one-shot a Kryptonian, right?

WW's sword being magical, however supported by evidence, is still a theory. Outside of that theory, DD was cut by a relatively mundane sword, held by a mid-strength brick.

That's just incorrect as I already explained. The Sword of Athena has never failed to cut something, if I'm assuming you're also confusing the sword she used on Ares as that sword, which it is not. That was a standard Amazon sword as far as I know.

As far as I'm concerned, both sword are worth one another. Even that name you used, the "Sword of Athena", was never used in any movie it appeared in. There's no history nor background on either one, and it might well be a prop just like Stepp's axe for what we actually know (like Ares confirmed). It isn't hard for any weapon to at least equal that status, as lowly as the Sakarian weapons might actually be.

#109 Posted by supremthor69 (580 posts) - - Show Bio
#110 Posted by ad-arts (1963 posts) - - Show Bio

Doomsday would sooner got bored than be defeated by hulks. Does not matter how many ants you throw, they are still ants.

#111 Posted by xZone (10334 posts) - - Show Bio

People are seriously underrating the Hulk...

X

#112 Edited by Rajjar (1772 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk is the strongest one there is.

No more than 4.

#113 Posted by ad-arts (1963 posts) - - Show Bio

@xzone: Superman is leagues above Hulk

in pretty much every department and he was pretty much useless. People are not underrating Hulk, Doomsday is just way better.

#114 Edited by EmmaFrostXmen (1657 posts) - - Show Bio

@death4bunnies: Wonder Womans one feat of cutting doomsday is better than most of the Atlantian Steel feats. But it’s still much better than hulks axe which has no feats, but your right I shouldn’t have assumed since it’s magic in the comics that it would be magic in the movies too.

#115 Posted by EmmaFrostXmen (1657 posts) - - Show Bio

@crunch5481: I meant that since doomsday was hit by the nuke his skin got more durable therefore, wonder woman’s sword cutting it is a good feat. The movie even showed doomsday evolving after he was hit therefore implying he got stronger and more durable. Any type of damage makes doomsday stronger/more durable, so cutting damage/blunt force damage/and piercing damadge are all interchangeable due to any of them increasing all of doomsday’s stats.

#116 Posted by EmmaFrostXmen (1657 posts) - - Show Bio

@nucleon: Hulks weapon has no feats therefore your argument cannot be backed up. I’m not saying wonder woman’s physically stronger than hulk, I was just saying her weapon is far superior to his.

#117 Posted by death4bunnies (1135 posts) - - Show Bio

@emmafrostxmen:

Here’s the thing Hulks axe has similar feats as WWs Sword and Atlantian steel.

The only feat WWs Sword has that Huks axe doesn’t have a direct countpart for is cutting DD. They can both break large rock.

Saying Hulk can’t replicate Cutting DD, because DD has Diana’s sword level durability, then saying Diana’s Sword is above Hulks axe because it cut DD is circular logic.

Hulks axe has replicated everything that Sword has done minus cutting DD, which is what we are talking about.

#118 Edited by Nucleon (3164 posts) - - Show Bio

@ad-arts said:

@xzone: Superman is leagues above Hulk

in pretty much every department and he was pretty much useless. People are not underrating Hulk, Doomsday is just way better.

If we go by what we saw in BvS, then Wonder Woman is leagues above Superman. She was doing fine alone vs Doomsday, whereas nearly everytime the Dick got into it, he made things worse by amping it (and causing tremendous peripherical damage doing so).

Superman doesn't have the striking feats the Hulk have, anyway. Here the original beats the copy.

#119 Posted by Nucleon (3164 posts) - - Show Bio

@nucleon: Hulks weapon has no feats therefore your argument cannot be backed up. I’m not saying wonder woman’s physically stronger than hulk, I was just saying her weapon is far superior to his.

It has feats - these two powerhouses that are Hulk and Thor hit one another with them to great effects. That isn't much, but it doesn't take much neither to equal WW's swords' rather un-impressive record.

And anyway, Ares revealed to WW that the swords are just props - the real power comes from her. Am I the only one who remember that?

#120 Edited by Nucleon (3164 posts) - - Show Bio

@rajjar said:

Hulk is the strongest one there is.

No more than 4.

One.

#121 Edited by IPvMan (792 posts) - - Show Bio

@nucleon:

Throw a six-faced die; On a result of 1, WW's super speed activates; It does on 1-2 if she is fighting lowly mooks. In nearly all of JL, she almost never rolled neither 1 or 2s. That is what WW's speed is about: Luck- or PIS-activated.

That is purely your opinion, not an argument. You have no premise to assume that. In every scene she's in she's either moving at superspeed, or fighting other beings who also have super speed, in which case you'd have to take perspective into account. If two super powered beings fought, would it be wise to direct all the action as a blur, or just put the speed in a perspective the viewer can enjoy? In every other instance she uses her speed. The bank, the port to kill Parademons, blitzing to help Arthur, blitzing Steppenwolf. So I have no clue how'd you come to the conclusion her speed is based on luck. On that actually makes little to no logical sense, and you didn't explain it very well.

The Hulk, on the other hand, is fast all of the time. He doesn't have to throw a die. I'd rather take his kind of speed, since WW's kind always end up shtting in your hands at the worse time one way or the other. Consistancy beats outlying feats.

I never said the Hulk wasn't fast but he's not faster than Wonder Woman. Not PIS speed, not lucky speed, not any kind you want to make up a name for. Wonder Woman is faster because she has more and better feats. Hulk is consistently outmaneuvered by Thor and Thanos, who have little to no speed feats as impressive as Wonder Woman.

Yes, it is. We see it on the screen - it isn't happening that fast. The Hulk would have caught him like he did that ejecting seat in Avengers. If WW was half the speedster you dscribe, that wouldn't end up as a problem. Heck, I'd bet Cap Am would have reacted in time.

Well if it isn't happening that fast it means he's not that fast lol. That ejector seat wasn't even Mach 1? Wonder Woman deflected 30 Mach 3 bullets all aimed away from her. That feat shits on Hulk. The Captain America reacting to Superman bit isn't worth addressing because I don't believe a rational person would actually believe that, I'll just assume you're trollling on that count.

Split durabilities are the norm at DC: WW's can resist Superman's headbutt attacks yet she can be killed by a bullet, for exemple. I believe, based on what we saw on-screen, that Doomsday's relatively weak in terms of resistance to piercing/slashing attacks, as opposed as how tough he is against energy.

Split durability is not so unless clearly defined. You can't take preconcieved notions about DC in general and apply it to the cinematic universe where things, no less power levels, are clearly different. You need to prove Doomsday has split durability, your personal belief counts for nothing. There was no suggestion he was weak to piercing.

Stepp's axe was a prop, an extension of the character himself. It had no relevance of its own. Steppenwolf delivered more efficient attacks with his bare hands than he did with the axe.

I'd disagree considering the flashback scene.

No Caption Provided

I don't see Steppenwolf replicating that with his bare hands. But I'm not sure how this is relevant.

Once again, I too believe it is magic, but here's the catch: If you are saying that WW's sword cut DD on the sole virtue of being magical, that means in the future I won't be seeing you writing that, for exemple, Supes can beat Thor, because many of Thor's attacks are magical in nature, so he would probably one-shot a Kryptonian, right?

I didn't say anything like that. WWs sword cut Doomsday due to the fact it is a very powerful weapon wielded by a warrior with incredible strength. I believe it's magic because the fact it was made on a magical island would lend one to believe that. The Amazons aren't going to send there ambassador out with sub par gear. I'd be willing to bet all of her equipment is magic. At any rate, even in comics it is not a weakness per se it's just Kryptonians invulnerability doesn't extend to magic.

As for the Thor bit, Thor's powers are not fully magic as explained by Odin the all father in Thor 1. It's a combination of magic and science. And that still wouldn't take away from the fact Thor still needs feats to put down Superman, which he doesn't have in that regard.

WW's sword being magical, however supported by evidence, is still a theory. Outside of that theory, DD was cut by a relatively mundane sword, held by a mid-strength brick.

It's really not though. You do some reading on the supplemental materials of the movies like tie in comics and guide books, they explain a lot of what isn't said or mentioned on screen, and Wonder Woman's sword and home island are explicitally stated as magical by both Zack Snyder and Patty Jenkins. So don't dispute that fact on my account, take it up with the loremasters.

As far as I'm concerned, both sword are worth one another. Even that name you used, the "Sword of Athena", was never used in any movie it appeared in. There's no history nor background on either one, and it might well be a prop just like Stepp's axe for what we actually know (like Ares confirmed). It isn't hard for any weapon to at least equal that status, as lowly as the Sakarian weapons might actually be.

But that is what it is called. That sword is not the same one you confused with Ares. That was a replica sword meant to confuse Diana as to her true purpose as Godkiller. Unless a fodder Sakarian weapon has cut someone as durable as Doomsday, the sword has better feats and is therefore better. You'll need a more substantial premise than your opinion to disprove that.

#122 Edited by Bayman007 (1543 posts) - - Show Bio

None of Wonder Woman’s gear is generic.

When she fights Ares, her magical bracelets absorb any type of lightning allowing her to discharge the bolt back at her enemy, and they glow white. These glow differently depending on the attack. In her next film she easily tanks Doomsdays heat vision, leaving them glowing red.

Her Shield glows red after Doomsday lets off the first of his amped cloak explosion. It also glows red when tanking his heat vision. When Steppenwolf hits her shield with his axe, it glows red.

She doesn’t have her shield when she cuts off Doomsdays arm, so she uses her sword and bracelets tank his heat vision.

Animated GIF

We already know that Clark’s heat vision can melt whacking great big steel girders instantly, and Zod cuts through a skyscraper like it’s nothing. I found out that when Superman destroys Batman's gun turrets, one of the narrators says, "The temperature of Superman's scorching heat vision can reach 10 thousand degrees Fahrenheit or fifty-five hundred degrees Celsius." Accompanied by "10,000° Fahrenheit" and "5,500° Celsius" appearing on screen. I take these as minimum calculations to work from. Yet wonder woman’s gear is able to tank these type of attacks that would melt generic swords.

I would say generic swords are the type Thor tries to use against the Hulk in Ragnarok, not the same as Diana’s gear by a long shot.

#123 Edited by IPvMan (792 posts) - - Show Bio

@death4bunnies:

Because 3-4 hulks. Simply that. And I didn't say "better chance" I said He could. He jumps real high and I can only see DD swatting away 2-3.

But the problem is with Doomsday's ranged advantage via heat vision and bigger size, they won't be able to get close without being in the danger zone. They'll get punched or heat visioned away, and Hulk can't hurt him anyways with his fodder weapons. They don't even have feats to presume they can pierce Doomsday.

They do when that much (or far less) friction is applied to them, assuming the sword survives the impact. That means the sword is durable not magic. Else my drill bit is magic when it glows red.

A sword would not generate adequate enough friction to glow bright red in that short amount of time. That also not the only time it glows red, as it also does in BvS. The supplemental materials to the movies clearly state it is magical and encrypted. The runes say "Life is killing life all the time and so the goddess kills herself in sacrifice of her own animal".

Assume=head cannon

That's not assuming that's a logical conclusion. If it's made on a magical island for a goddess, would the sword be of a lesser quality than the magic it's made from?

I literately just listed the feats.

And none of them are on par with Diana. You're talking about cutting through metal while Diana has actually combat feats of severing the hand of an extremely durable being. You'll need to do better than that.

You prove it. I listed Hulk hammers feat, then Dianas swords feats, if I missed one (beyond cutting DD which is what we are debating), let me know. Else your the one with non feat backed opinions.

The mere nature of the sword makes it more powerful than unenchanted fodder Sakar axes. With the added fact it has actual combat feats, you don't really have a point here. Name one combat feat of Sakar weapons where it cut or damaged even a single individual on screen.

Prove it with feats.

Whereas Wonder Woman actually has feats with her weapon, and Sakars axes have no feats, it's pretty easy. Oh yeah and she chopped Doomsday's hand off, so there's that.

LOL. "The shrapnel is energy"??? Radiation? Its not the same as focused impact, thats why we have missiles that are less powerful than nukes, but can get through things nukes can't. Like bunkers. Someone cut him with a blade on screen!!

You're showing a clear lack understanding of physics. Bunkers are meant for the fallout of a nuke not it's a immediate destructive impact. There are no bunker buster missiles superior in damage to a nuke, that's just patently false. Again, a nuclear device acts exactly the same as a conventional explosion, apart from what I already mentioned.

So is it the swords magical atom splitting powers, or the power Diana puts behind it? Pick one.

I never said it had atom splitting powers, but my guess would be a combination of both. The strength of her sword and the strength of the wielder would play a part.

He hasn't healed from decapitation.

No he did one better, he ate a nuke to the face and became more powerful. So unless those Sakaran axes have nuclear capability, they aren't hurting Doomsday.

#124 Edited by Leonadotelesa (64 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for milliardopeacecraft
#125 Posted by MilliardoPeacecraft (254 posts) - - Show Bio
#126 Edited by jagernutt (16331 posts) - - Show Bio

@ad-arts said:

Doomsday would sooner got boner than be defeated by hulks. Does not matter how man as you throw, they are still as.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c6891767abb2
#127 Posted by deactivated-5c6891767abb2 (1820 posts) - - Show Bio

1000. Seriously Hulk is such a useless pussy in mcu.

#128 Posted by Bayman007 (1543 posts) - - Show Bio
#129 Edited by death4bunnies (1135 posts) - - Show Bio

@ipvman:

So you can’t provide a feat(besides the one we are discussing or cutting DD) that puts WWs sword over hulks axe.

You clearly don’t understand nuclear physics. There are plenty of bunkers that could survive a point blank nuke. There is ordinance that is less powerful that can destroy these bunkers through focused explosions.

Think Tony’s bunkerbuster, vs a much larger surface exploding missile.

“”So unless those Sakaran axes have nuclear capability, they aren't hurting Doomsday.“”

This is the stupidest thing I’ve ever heard. Now WWs sword is nuke level?

The fact remains, you can’t prove the sword is magic.

DDs top quantifiable piercing durability is a 20mm gatling. Hulk has the damage output with a piercing weapon to beat that.

#130 Posted by death4bunnies (1135 posts) - - Show Bio

@bayman007:

Do you think fodder Amazon’s can uses her bracers?

I though the power came from within Diana.

I see no real reason why it would be “enhanced metal” on par with Atlantan steel.

Like super durability.

Is there any reason to believe that WWs sword > Mantas sword.

They both cut creatures that previously couldn’t be cut by regular metal.

Hulk axe has very few feats, but a couple. It breaks the stone ground of Sakkar fairly easily, and it’s very thickness lends to its durability.

Hulk has greater strength than Diana, it leads me to believe if he had a weapon durable enuf, he could replicate Diana’s DD feat, without “magic”.

#131 Edited by IPvMan (792 posts) - - Show Bio

@death4bunnies:

So you can’t provide a feat(besides the one we are discussing or cutting DD) that puts WWs sword over hills axe.

I don't need another feat lol. The Sakar axes don't have any feats at all, so any feat would be better than theirs. It just so happens Wonder Woman has a really good feat of cutting a very durable being. So that's the only proof I need.

You clearly don’t understand nuclear physics. There are plenty of bunkers that could survive a point blank nuke. There is ordinance that is less powerful that can destroy these bunkers through focused explosions.

You're talking about focused explosions on weak parts of a bunker, I'm talking about payload. If you drop a nuke directly on a bunker it will destroy it. The only bunkers that could survive that would be underground. You drop a bunker buster missile the same exact way, you'll blow a hole in the bunker at best. Point being, that does not make them more powerful than a nuke just because they can do something more effectively than a nuke can.

Think Tony’s bunkerbuster, vs a much larger surface exploding missile.

Not more powerful than a nuke.

“”So unless those Sakaran axes have nuclear capability, they aren't hurting Doomsday.“”

This is the stupidest thing I’ve ever heard. Now WWs sword is nuke level?

You made that summation not me. I'm not really interested in putting a level on it, Doomsday tanked a nuke and got stronger, Wonder Woman was able to severe his hand and do more damage than even the nuke did. So it is what it is.

The fact remains, you can’t prove the sword is magic.

It's wielded by a Goddess from an enchanted island magically shrouded by mists, stated by directors and writers to be magic, stated in every wikia and guide book to be magic. It's magic. Feel free to believe what you want however as it's not really relevant to my overall point, which is regardless if it's magic or not it's very powerful and has good feats.

DDs top quantifiable piercing durability is a 20mm gatling. Hulk has the damage output with a piercing weapon to beat that.

What feats does Hulk have with a piercing weapon to prove he can damage Doomsday? You keep saying that but have yet to actually present anything in way of proving it.

#132 Posted by Nucleon (3164 posts) - - Show Bio

@bayman007: None of Wonder Woman’s gear is generic.

Ares said otherwise.

#133 Posted by death4bunnies (1135 posts) - - Show Bio

@ipvman:

Axe feats include causally breaking stone on sakkar, and ripping through the metal walls. Basically on par with anything WWs sword has done. Besides cutting DD, who hulk has no chance to come in contact with.

Yes. Yes. That was exactly my point. A bunker buster, targeting the weak parts in a focused manner!! Glad we are getting somewhere.

Ares made it clear her gears power came from her. Do you believe any amazon could reflect ares lighting with the bracers? Because I thought that was an innate power.

The swords not magic bro. Just durable.

#134 Posted by Mister_Surreal (10184 posts) - - Show Bio
#135 Posted by Nucleon (3164 posts) - - Show Bio

1000. Seriously Hulk is such a useless pussy in mcu.

Well, that's the thing: Some see in the way the Hulk is treated in latest MCU movies as a sign of weakness - it isn't, it's a sign of changes. There's clearly something in store for the Hulk, and when it will happen, he's going to be hyped for a while just like Aquaman is these days. It's called zeitgeist or something.

#136 Edited by Bayman007 (1543 posts) - - Show Bio

@death4bunnies said:

@bayman007:

Do you think fodder Amazon’s can uses her bracers?

Diana is different to the other Amazonians in the sense that Zeus created her as a god killer. She uses them to god kill Ares, after we find out her original sword is a red herring.

I though the power came from within Diana.

I would agree partly, If you consider that she is using the bracers to channel her attacks. She has to touch them together to activate her blast, which is proven when Superman stops her wrists from meeting. The blast didn’t trigger? Also, If she takes them off, I would question her lighting resistance, and the ability to channel lighting back into Ares in WW. So partly her power from within, but partly the bracers.

I see no real reason why it would be “enhanced metal” on par with Atlantan steel. Like super durability.

Is there any reason to believe that WWs sword > Mantas sword. They both cut creatures that previously couldn’t be cut by regular metal.

Well there is the comparison between her shield and sword glowing red when hit (as does her bracers), I can also see similar runes/inscriptions on both Shield and Sword, it’s clear they are different weapons from WW film. Zach Schneider has actually confirmed this. And both weapons have survived DD’s heat vision without melting.

Hulk axe has very few feats, but a couple. It breaks the stone ground of Sakkar fairly easily, and it’s very thickness lends to its durability.

Hulk has greater strength than Diana, it leads me to believe if he had a weapon durable enuf, he could replicate Diana’s DD feat, without “magic”.

The fact remains, we still don’t know where she got her new weapons yet, but they visibly react differently to genric weapons. This is not normal! Surely a weapon capable of dismembering a mutated Zod/Kryptionain with Lex blood, has special properties? Even if we go by feats alone then her Sword is still better.

How will one, or several Hulks, deal with DDs heat vision alone? The axe doesn’t have the feats to tank like her weapons.

#137 Posted by Bayman007 (1543 posts) - - Show Bio

@nucleon said:

@bayman007: None of Wonder Woman’s gear is generic.

Ares said otherwise.

What did he say exactly?

#138 Edited by Nucleon (3164 posts) - - Show Bio
#139 Posted by Bayman007 (1543 posts) - - Show Bio

@nucleon said:

@bayman007: "The God Killer [that's the name of WW's first sword]... My dear Child.. ...that's not the God Killer. You are. Only a God can kill another God. Zeus left the child he had with the queen of the Amazon. ...As a weapon to use against me."

(Read more: https://www.springfieldspringfield.co.uk/movie_script.php?movie=wonder-woman-2017)

I'm talking about her actual gear not being generic, you know, the gear i specifically listed in my posts? It's pretty clear i wasn't talking about the red herring.

In fact, If you go back through your posts in this thread, you are talking about the fights she had with DD and SW...well, she was using her actual gear then.

#140 Posted by death4bunnies (1135 posts) - - Show Bio

@bayman007:

I agree, the weapons seem to be special, I just have a problem with circular logic.

DD has good piercing durability because only Diana’s sword could cut him. Diana’s sword is only special because it cut DD.

Every other feat Diana has with her sword has been replicated by Hulks axe. (Breaking large rock)

I’m willing to put WWs sword above 20mm rounds, because that’s what we’ve seen DD tank.

I think Hulks power behind a fairly durable axe is also above 20mm rounds.

As to the heat vision, and stat difference; that’s why I think it take multiple Hulks. 3-4. Hulk has some skill, and DD doesn’t really. I think he can swat or heat vision one or two away.

Hulk jumps really high, and I think if he come down with that axe it pierces.

#141 Posted by death4bunnies (1135 posts) - - Show Bio

@bayman007:

Again who’s to say that her gear isn’t just durable amazon metal that she “channels” her power through.

It would make sense given Ares explanation of her powers.

Even her current gear, in a similar way as her solo movie gear.

I don’t think the bracers were special. Remember when she first used them, the other Amazons seemed surprised.

#142 Posted by Nucleon (3164 posts) - - Show Bio

@bayman007: I'm talking about her actual gear not being generic, you know, the gear i specifically listed in my posts? It's pretty clear i wasn't talking about the red herring.

In fact, If you go back through your posts in this thread, you are talking about the fights she had with DD and SW...well, she was using her actual gear then.

And what are your reasons for believing that her actual gear is better than the one she had in her movie? Has there been a segment that tackles the subject and that I would have missed?

Avatar image for deactivated-5c6891767abb2
#143 Posted by deactivated-5c6891767abb2 (1820 posts) - - Show Bio

@leonadotelesa: your mummmy forgot to give u Pampers and read u bedtime story.

#144 Posted by OptimusPalm (2382 posts) - - Show Bio

I don’t get all these claims about the Sakarian weapons being “normal weapons” or “fodder weapons”.

I can’t think of one “fodder weapon” that wouldn’t break if it was swung by Thor and hit Hulk hard enough to force him many meters away and then break through metres of concrete.

That battle proved they were no ordinary weapons. Whether they are as good as WW’s sword is a different matter, but they appear to be closer to the sword than “fodder weapons”.

#145 Posted by IPvMan (792 posts) - - Show Bio

@death4bunnies:

Axe feats include causally breaking stone on sakkar, and ripping through the metal walls. Basically on par with anything WWs sword has done. Besides cutting DD, who hulk has no chance to come in contact with.

So no actual combat feats? Wonder Woman's sword can also slice clean through Parademons which were able to withstand falling a huge distance out of the air when Aquaman surfed one through a building with it's body intact. Cutting stone and ripping through metal is casual for her sword, so no those feats are not on par with anything WWs sword can do.

Yes. Yes. That was exactly my point. A bunker buster, targeting the weak parts in a focused manner!! Glad we are getting somewhere.

What is your point though? The nuke is still the more powerful weapon overall.

Ares made it clear her gears power came from her. Do you believe any amazon could reflect ares lighting with the bracers? Because I thought that was an innate power.

Her powers are her own power, and she also has magical gear. I don't believe Ares was implying she imbued her power to her gear, just simply that the sword she used was not the Godkiller in that instance, she was.

The swords not magic bro. Just durable.

It's stated in numerous supplemental movie guides to be magic, stated by the writers and directors, she lives on a magical island, her lasso is magic, but it's too much of a reach for you to accept her sword is most likely magic as well? Like I said, believe what you want. It's not relevant to the fact it's very powerful and has better feats than Sakar fodder weapons.

#146 Posted by IPvMan (792 posts) - - Show Bio
#147 Posted by Crunch5481 (957 posts) - - Show Bio

@crunch5481:

Do you think Mantas atlantean arm blade was magical? How about the Weapon Vulku trained Aquaman with, it could do the water shield thing, I think they refer to it as a technique.

I do think the Tridents have some magic power, explicitly, the trident that grants mastery over the ocean creatures.

As to Dianas bracers, no I dont think they are magic. I dont think any amazon could put them on, and replicate. I can give you a few reasons why I believe this. A WW isn't the only amazon to wear bracers, B the amazons seemed surprised when Diana first did a bracelet clash, if they knew the bracers were magic they would of been less surprised. Most importantly it was made clear in her stand alone movie that her powers came from her. Hulks Axe broke rock, is it magic? The glowing after the sword cuts could just be a visual effect trying to show friction heat.

I happen to think the lasso is one of the few true uses of magic.

Again, her sword may be magic, but as there is no solid confirmation, I only feel comfortable judging it by its feats.

By feats WWs sword is not much above hulks Axe in feats. Hulks axe was breaking to stone ground with ease on sakkar.

You also seem to be real confused about explosive damage and piercing damage. No WWs sword did not have to exert more force than a nuke or be magical. A lot of characters can take loads of energy damage and not great piercing, and visa versa. Comic WW can tank city block size explosions but not any caliber of bullet.

Watch MMA fight to see people get cut by blunt force? You do realize you proved my point dont you? The blunt force durability of my face is above the piercing durability of my face, you get that right. As in with a knife it would take substantially less force to cut my skin than blunt force.

Also @nucleon was completely right, the fission goes beyond the core, as long as there are atoms to split. Not just the blast wave from displaced air, but in a vacuum the action of fission is substantially less violent in space.

To recap.

You haven't proved WW sword was magic.

You haven't provided one sword feat that Hulk couldn't replicate with his axe.

You seem to suggest punch cut = knife cut, so WW sword = nuke. This is non-sense .

WW sword has not been confirmed to be magical. DD had his arm lopped off by a weaker opponent than hulk, with a slightly better weapon, by feats.

Maybe DD would regenerate from getting his head chopped off, but he never shown the ability to regen from that serious of a wound.

4-5 Hulks should be able to do it.

1) The most plausible option by far is that WW's gear is magical.

2) I'm not confusing explosive and piercing damage, I think I explained very clearly what I was trying to say- which is that the difference between piercing and blunt force is the pressure applied to the surface. Blades are thin = less surface area = higher pressure than a fist, but if fist is moving with enough force than it will exert more pressure than the blade and therefore be able to pierce more effectively. A Nuke, like every other explosion has a blast wave. Blast waves are Pressure waves, they exert pressure on anything in their path which in this case is Doomsday. The pressure wave of a Nuke is so extreme that at point blank range it would shred practically anything, yet Doomsday was merely launched back down to Earth. THEREFORE, if WW's sword is NOT magical like YOU claim, then it had to exert more pressure on DD's skin than the Nuke did (pressure=/= force).

3) No he was not right, the fission does not continue after the fuel (uranium or plutonium) has been depleted. The fuel itself is specifically kept at certain conditions to allow for fission to happen as efficiently as possible however they are still around 15% efficient. Surrounding molecules and atoms in the atmosphere have practically 0 impact on the amount of fission that can take place. Their affect is so insignificant it is not worth noting. The increased volatility Nukes experience in an atmosphere is NOT due to more atoms being split, it is due to more atoms being able to absorb thermal radiation resulting in extremely high temperatures, along with the blast wave that results. The atoms in air are much to far apart from each other for any chain reaction to occur, the Neutrons that fly off and split atoms would practically always miss. And even if they did hit, there would be much less Neutrons then released from the air molecule/atom as they're significantly less dense than the fuel of the Nuke.

"You haven't proved WW sword was magic." Everything points to it being magical, and not just some super advanced metal.

"You haven't provided one sword feat that Hulk couldn't replicate with his axe." Hulk isn't cutting Doomsday with that Axe. Sorry but breaking up the ground a little is nowhere near enough to cut someone who took the punishment DD did.

"You seem to suggest punch cut = knife cut, so WW sword = nuke. This is non-sense." No. I did not suggest this, you simply did not comprehend my words properly.

"WW sword has not been confirmed to be magical. DD had his arm lopped off by a weaker opponent than hulk, with a slightly better weapon, by feats." A significantly better weapon by feats, and logic.

"Maybe DD would regenerate from getting his head chopped off, but he never shown the ability to regen from that serious of a wound." I personally don't think he would Regen from that, but whether or not he could is irrelevant as it is going to happen.

#148 Posted by EmmaFrostXmen (1657 posts) - - Show Bio

@nucleon: Yea I guess. But honestly the swords feats are still slightly better than the axe’s

#149 Posted by OptimusPalm (2382 posts) - - Show Bio

@ipvman: So if a weapon has a name it automatically makes it better than all non named weapons, no matter what materials both weapons are made of?

If I make two identical weapons and name one of them “Bob”, does Bob become better than the other weapon I made?

#150 Edited by IPvMan (792 posts) - - Show Bio

@optimuspalm: In the irrelevant hypothetical you just described, no. But in the scope of the DCEU, and MCU for that matter, most weapons worth a damn are named and given some sort of significance setting them apart from the other weapons of respective race. So that's why I say Sakaran fodder weapons; They may indeed be stronger than other races weapons, but unless it's named it's still just a random Sakar axe.