• 190 results
#1 Posted by shirso (3867 posts) - - Show Bio

Title says all. Thanos has to stand and take the hit. He can't use shields or such but can brace himself.

#2 Posted by shirso (3867 posts) - - Show Bio
#3 Posted by HitTheAssasin (7888 posts) - - Show Bio

A proper hit? 1 at best. Probably none if I'm going to be honest.

#4 Edited by ElderElijah190 (2033 posts) - - Show Bio

He could no sell two.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b728068f211c
#5 Edited by deactivated-5b728068f211c (7069 posts) - - Show Bio

Like 7. Thanos durability is insane.

#6 Edited by HitTheAssasin (7888 posts) - - Show Bio

There is absolutely no way Thanos is no-selling any hits from White. White oneshot Acacia, who could shrug off Large Planet level strikes, with a poke. Now think about what a fully blown punch could do. Base Thanos without shields has never dealt with physicals even remotely near that level before.

#7 Edited by HitTheAssasin (7888 posts) - - Show Bio

@death2heretics: @elderelijah190: How? I know the vine loves to overestimate Thanos, but when has he dealt with strikes even remotely near White's level before? I mean, White oneshot Acacia, who could shrug of Large Planet level hits, with a bloody poke.

Translating that into Marvel standards, its equivalent to oneshotting someone like Worldbreaker Hulk with a poke. How is Thanos tanking more than 1 hit at that level exactly?

Avatar image for deactivated-5b728068f211c
#8 Edited by deactivated-5b728068f211c (7069 posts) - - Show Bio

@hittheassasin: Actually, now that i think about it, Thanos doesn't have many feats against impressive striking power. I still think it will take more than 2 hits though.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ad6141e8751d
#9 Posted by deactivated-5ad6141e8751d (1716 posts) - - Show Bio

all of them

#10 Posted by Psy4 (320 posts) - - Show Bio

@shirso said:

Title says all. Thanos has to stand and take the hit. He can't use shields or such but can brace himself.

No shields? Part of Thanos m.o., aside from superb strength and durability is his tech and cosmic tier shields. Without them not a chance he takes even one shot. With them, the shields are down after two blows.

#11 Posted by HitTheAssasin (7888 posts) - - Show Bio

@death2heretics: While I disagree, I suppose you could make an argument due to Thanos' insane pain tolerance.

#12 Posted by Toratorn (6756 posts) - - Show Bio
#13 Posted by LordWhis2 (637 posts) - - Show Bio

He might be able to take a few trillion.....

.....Before realizing that someone had been hitting him.

@hittheassasin: stop wanking Toriko.

Thanos has no sold blows from BRB who closed a dimensional portal that dwarfed stars.

He has barely been tickled by attacks from Silver Surfer who has Casually destroyed solar systems.

He has tanked hits from Thor who was knocking around Starving Galactus who vaporized ATLEAST 3 solar systems with a CASUAL blast that went on to clear the entire GALAXY of the Annihilus Wave.

#14 Posted by flashback0180 (4491 posts) - - Show Bio

Dude tanked galactus

#15 Posted by shirso (3867 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol at this guy.

#16 Posted by Cergic (1101 posts) - - Show Bio

@lordwhis2: your highballing is super serial right now

#17 Edited by HitTheAssasin (7888 posts) - - Show Bio

@lordwhis2: Stop it. Closing a dimensional portal is completely inquantifiable and has nothing to do with DC whatsoever. Beta Ray Bill is approximately Thors equal, so a planet buster.

First off, Surfers attacks don't casually destroy Solar Systems. Second of all, only Surfers energy blasts are even remotely near that level and tanking them doesn't translate to physical durability whatsoever, that's an asinine claim.

The only time Thor has ever knocked back Galactus was when he was severely starving. Also, what does Galactus' DC have to do with his durability? If you want me to take you seriously, please provide physical durability feats for a starving Galactus that put that feat anywhere above Large Planet level.

Thanos has no durability feats to suggest he can no-sell Star+ level physical hits whatsoever, especially considering freaking Drax killed him with physical force, who doesn't even begin to compare to White.

#18 Edited by LeonardSnart (2803 posts) - - Show Bio

@hittheassasin: the guy is obviously highballing but there are a few problems with your post

Thor wasn't knocking around Galactus, he made his head tilt back but Galactus destroying 3 solar systems at his weakest possible level (any weaker and he would have died) shows he's above large planet level, heck even Thanos causally tanked an exploding gas giant and he's an ant to Galactus

Drax killed Thanos when he had a green glow that he had never been shown to have before, it's obvious he killed him cause of his connection with him that has to do with being born to kill him unless you think it's logical that Drax, a street leveler can rip the heart out of someone who tanks two light year wide black holes and beta rays strikes that destroy planets

Thanos no-selling star+ level attacks is a stretch but he can definitely tank a few or a bit more considering how he stomped classic Drax and he had just recently ripped apart a small star with his bare hands making him star level and he tanked a two light year wide black hole

#19 Edited by LordWhis2 (637 posts) - - Show Bio

@leonardsnart: @hittheassasin: @cergic:

I am not highballing If I were highballing I could give you FAR better showings.

No Caption Provided

Thanos is comparable to Thor physically.

Also, you are misunderstanding what kind of portal it was , it was a physical warp gate.

SS regularly tanks supernovae. Thanos is a lot stronger than SS. Hammerless Thor survived an explosion that totalled a ship large enough to carry solar systems, Thanos is a lot stronger than hammerless Thor.

Kid Thor should be fodder to Thanos yet when Gorr absorbed a sun and hit him with that energy in the form of a physical blow, he only took light damage.

#20 Edited by Chad_Duby (5681 posts) - - Show Bio

@hittheassasin: You should know that death empowered drax at the time. https://imgur.com/a/ct1kn

#21 Posted by dami24434 (4318 posts) - - Show Bio

I swear toriko character are overrated it hurts. large planet level or not, thanos will tank it, heck he would take 100s and smiles. thanos has tanked a gas giant exploding in his face, tanked super massive black hole etc.....

#22 Edited by LordWhis2 (637 posts) - - Show Bio

@dami24434: Toriko characters are actually very strong. I would put them at Large Star Level but they definitely can't take solar system busters.

Let alone trans tiers.

#23 Posted by RavenSupreme (564 posts) - - Show Bio

all of them

#24 Posted by mrx1122 (2919 posts) - - Show Bio

thanos can take hundreds of hits at least

#25 Posted by Zokologue3 (730 posts) - - Show Bio

All of them.

#26 Posted by physicalculturi (73 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos tanked multiple shots from odin in Infinity Watch. I've read all of Toriko, but nobody in Toriko is anywhere close to Odin.

#27 Posted by Chad_Duby (5681 posts) - - Show Bio

@lordwhis2: Thor is not comparable to Thanos. Thor is a fodder to him in eveyways.

#28 Edited by LordWhis2 (637 posts) - - Show Bio

@leonardsnart: @hittheassasin: @cergic:

Taking Mjolnir's speed from here - https://www.narutoforums.org/xfa-blog-entry/black-bolt-thor-feats-and-misc.20271/

And it's weight from marvel.com.

I calced that it has this much Kinetic energy- 2.06023E+51 J.

FYI that is approximately 4 BILLION times the amount of energy required to destroy the sun.

Thanos has tanked Mjolnir hits.

I am done.

#29 Posted by LordWhis2 (637 posts) - - Show Bio
#30 Posted by Chad_Duby (5681 posts) - - Show Bio

@lordwhis2: Of course, this is a stomp because even regular Thor could tank that.

#31 Posted by Chad_Duby (5681 posts) - - Show Bio

https://imgur.com/a/ZEcoa I don't think his punches would even damage Thanos. He took the same blast from the same guy that did this.

#32 Posted by LordWhis2 (637 posts) - - Show Bio

@chad_duby: Though Base Thor being fodder to Thanos isn't entirely correct because if Thanos gets a godblast to the face then ... well.... He won't have a face ! XD

#33 Posted by KingZod (3918 posts) - - Show Bio

1 maybe

#34 Posted by Chad_Duby (5681 posts) - - Show Bio

@lordwhis2: I think he still has his face fight now after taking more powerful blast.

#35 Posted by SocaJunkie (8376 posts) - - Show Bio

@lordwhis2: Yea a star is 99% a solar system’s mass, there’s little difference between star and solar system level in terms of DC.

#36 Posted by LordWhis2 (637 posts) - - Show Bio
#37 Posted by Chad_Duby (5681 posts) - - Show Bio

@socajunkie: And what about distances? The explosion from stars has to to travel through an entire solar system in order to destroy it entirely.

#38 Posted by SocaJunkie (8376 posts) - - Show Bio

As for the thread, Silver Surfer is star level and Thanos needed 7 hits to cripple and almost kill him, Acacia/Neo has eaten stars in the past and consumed enough matter over the course of his life-time to make countless galaxies, in terms of power though he’s star level and White one-shotted him with a poke to the head. It stands to reason that he’s likely physically better than Thanos and a full on punch hits with exponentially more force than a finger poke.

#39 Edited by LordWhis2 (637 posts) - - Show Bio

@chad_duby: Well current Thanos is an abstract stomping god so not surprising.

#40 Posted by SocaJunkie (8376 posts) - - Show Bio

@chad_duby: The point is if you can easily destroy a star the solar system won’t be a problem.

#41 Posted by LordWhis2 (637 posts) - - Show Bio

@socajunkie: First law of the universe- 99.9999% of everything is empty space.

#42 Edited by Chad_Duby (5681 posts) - - Show Bio
#43 Edited by LordWhis2 (637 posts) - - Show Bio

@socajunkie: For example- all of the stars in the milky way galaxy put together will only be solar system level.

#44 Edited by SocaJunkie (8376 posts) - - Show Bio

@lordwhis2: For our solar system though the actual mass- 99% of it is the sun.

#45 Edited by Chad_Duby (5681 posts) - - Show Bio

@socajunkie: So that enable you to destroy a solar system in one shot? No. To destroy an entire solar system in one shot is much better.

#46 Posted by maxxc10X (476 posts) - - Show Bio

Infinity

#47 Edited by LordWhis2 (637 posts) - - Show Bio

@socajunkie: Yes but what about the distance genius ?

Since you evidently haven't been to the smithsonian-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zR3Igc3Rhfg&app=desktop

Also, the distance between earth and Pluto is a fraction of the distance between earth and the end of the solar system.

And interstellar distances make this look pathetic.

Voyager 1 reached interstellar space in 2012. It will be 40000 years before it is within 1.7 light-years of another star.

#48 Edited by LordWhis2 (637 posts) - - Show Bio

@socajunkie: The amount of energy required to destroy both our solar system and alpha centauri is roughly 4 QUADRILLION times the energy required to destroy the sun.

In other words, 4 MILLION BILLION TIMES STAR LEVEL.

THANOS IS ABOUT A MILLION BILLION TIMES AS POWERFUL AS TORIKO.

#49 Posted by APEX_pretador (19723 posts) - - Show Bio

There is absolutely no way Thanos is no-selling any hits from White. White oneshot Acacia, who could shrug off Large Planet level strikes, with a poke. Now think about what a fully blown punch could do. Base Thanos without shields has never dealt with physicals even remotely near that level before.

Then Thanos would take a lot, really a lot of them

B&T Thor one-shotted silver surfer with a casual hammer toss, and was only getting more powerful by the time he faced Thanos. Thanos took like 6 hits from this bloodlusted Thor (who also one-shotted his shield), and was not even slightly injured. And shortly later, he goes on to have a nearly full issue-length fight with pissed off Odin, and still come out unscathered.

If you need more feats, in another comic Thanos tanked a black hole collapsing on him with only some blood and superficial damage. Before you say this isn't that much impressive, the black hole was 2 lightyears in radius. A BH with the mass of earth would be a millimeter in radius. I hope this gives you an idea.

Thanos is far more durable than his shields.

#50 Edited by SocaJunkie (8376 posts) - - Show Bio

Yea that’s enough Comic Vine for today.