How many Full Power Stormbreaker Swing from Prime Thor to decapitate Post-Nukes Doomsday?

StealthGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll How many Full Power Stormbreaker Swing from Prime Thor to decapitate Post-Nukes Doomsday? (252 votes)

Just 1 is more than enough, Thor one-shots Doomsday 58%
2 9%
4 4%
8 1%
A Few Dozens 4%
600 hundred times 2%
All of them 3%
Not enough, i doubt that Ax could penetrate Doomsday's tough skin 7%
Thor is too slow he'll die even before landing a Hit. 12%
Results 1%
No Caption Provided

Thor charged/move forward like a Badass..

Shouting: "BRING ME DOOMSDAY..!!!"..

No Caption Provided

• 
Crunch5481

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thebestofthebest said:

@crunch5481: The pressure inside a Nuke's core is 10^15 Pascals (source), or 647489901.8179401 tons concentrated on every single inch of Doomsday's body and he completely no-sold that shit. Has stormbreaker ever cut someone that durable before? Yeah, didn't think so either.

MARK VI armor had 200-Petwatt energy output whilst the most powerful nuke ever detonated (Tsar bomba) had 210 petajoules. Yet Thor pierced Thanos who completely no-sold energy attacks from superior armors.

Saying the Mark VI armor has 200-Petawatt energy output is the same as claiming the sonic cannons in BvS used on Superman were at 300 Decibels. Both statements can't possibly be true given the parameters each character has shown in terms of their capabilities. You're literally trying to claim that Iron Man outputs more energy in a focused laser than the biggest nuke of all time... does that not sound ridiculous to you? I mean... come on. It couldn't even pierce the armor of the leviathan.

FlashFyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Crunch5481

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nucleon said:

@crunch5481: Got that? Piercing durability IS skin durability. Skin durability does NOT need to be shown through resistance to sharp objects BECAUSE from basic physics we know that it is a matter of pressure.

1) No, it isn't always a matter of skin, or coating whatever; Steel, for exemple, is better at resisting piercing damage than wood, in an inherent manner.

THEREFORE: You are incorrect in stating that DD's best piercing feat is tanking high caliber bullets. Piercing resistance is skin durability, so anything that applies an exceptional force to DD's skin is counted as skin durability.

2) If this held any truth, then WW would be bullet-proof. Damage categorization is a fact at DC's. You are basically saying that all damage is the same.

And you want to tell people and believe that Thanos, the one who Iron Man made bleed with a punch (one of Iron Man's strongest punches, but still a punch from Iron Man), has better piercing durability than Doomsday. Ridiculous. Look at the feats, Thanos would not survive the pressure wave of a Nuke, let alone come out of it unscathed. Nor would Thanos survive the subsequent re-entry impact, let alone come out of it without a scratch.

3) I don't see why he won't. And yes, Thanos has definitely better piercing feats than DD. DD has, like no piercing resistance feat aside from 30mm bullets.

Diana's sword cutting Doomsday was obviously meant to show the might of her sword and not that Doomsday could be sliced by any powerful being wielding sharp metal. Cutting DD was meant to be a feat for the sword's capability.

4) The same sword that failed to affect Steppenwolf, who everybody here here rate as much less powerful than DD. IMO, Something odd is afoot.

Wonder Woman's sword failed to do any significant damage to Steppenwolf's ARMOR. She never hit Steppenwolf straight on, she only ever slashed at his armor. It took a full force CHOP to cut off Doomsday's hand. Her block of his fist with the sword only cut him, and her slash at his heel also only cut him. Doomsday isn't covered in metal alien armor like Steppenwolf, and WW NEVER got a clean hit on Steppenwolf unlike she did with Doomsday.

5) She got a good, full slash at his midsection. When all's said and done, WW's sword(s) has only one feat - precisely that of cutting DD. Against the two other bosses she faced, her sword(s) failed like a wet petard - and so are the kryptonians' punching strength, BTW; At no time it ever was a game-changer.

And furthermore, wasn't SW's armor in the same material as his axe? Except axes are tougher still, of course, right? Well, why did WW's sword shattered the axe but couldn't get thru the armor?

This is clearly supported by the fact that NOTHING else was hurting Doomsday up to that point. They even went out of their way to NUKE HIM & have him fall from space and be fine just to prove his insane durability.

6) People got way too much exited about the nuke.

First, a nuke isn't delivered like that: ICBM have what are called MIRV, independent nuclear warheads that are launched down from the ICBM, which is just a vector. I still wonder why they didn't atke a cruise missile. They didn't, they had no idea what they were talking about, and therefore, all of your "realistic logics" fails this early for the rest of the things to come.

Second; When all's said and done, a nuke is just a high explosive force. "HE" means that the energy release, if phenomenal, is still omnidirectional - it goes in all directions at once, instead of focusing on a point like AP, bunker-buster tech can do. You can build yourself a bunker that will protect you from the (primary) effects of a nuke. Warships in the Bikini Atoll tests resisted it.

Finally, it was a nuke in space. There were very little atoms for it to work on.

The most plausible explanation for her sword doing well against DD is that it is some level of magic and DD has some susceptibility to magic, since that is what has always tended to be true in other media with regard to these characters.

I agree. WW didn't cut DD because she's exceptionally strong, or the sword's exceptionally good, but because it was magical, a weakness that Kryptonians have brought into the DCEU. But that still leaves DD vulnerable to what I consider a stronger weapon, held by a stronger being, if facing Thor with StormBreaker.

One swing, or one throw.

1) You state a claim and then fail to support it. Obviously steel has better piercing resistance because it is a harder material than wood lol, that is perfectly consistent with my accurate physical explanation.

2) I am not saying all damage is the same. I am saying that a punch and a stab are the same in that they both conduct a force exerted over an area of skin, and the ONLY difference from any objective standpoint is that the punch has a greater surface area of effect than a knife would, and therefore for a given force the punch would exert less pressure. That's just physics.

3) Just so we are clear, you Nucleon believe that Thanos can tank a Nuke and the force of being thrust downwards to Earth from said Nuke from orbital altitude? Careful there, you're bias is showing. And here you go completely ignoring the objective truth and science of the situation. I just explained as best as I could what piercing resistance actually is and why tanking 30mm bullets was not DD's best skin durability feat. And you choose to be ignorant and ignore it in it's entirety, writing it off with an incoherent excuse that you couldn't even support in the slightest.

4) Actually, you're wrong (and I was too for saying she didn't get a clean hit, she did at the end). Most of Diana's strikes were slashes and simply scraped Steppenwolf's metallic alien armor, but she does get a good slash at his stomach that apparently pierces the armor. You can see Steppenwolf holding his abdomen afterwards. And yes something odd is afoot, duh, its called magic. WW's sword was making direct contact with DD's skin and has the advantage of being magical, against Steppenwolf he was protected by his metal armor. This armor tanked a beating from superman without falling apart, making it even more durable than the kryptonian metal that we got to see slice through multiple buildings like butter, without damage.

5) You're just speaking nonsense, one feat for her sword??? She cut a car in half easily, she cut a statue head in half easily, she did in fact pierce Steppenwolf's armor with a clean hit at the end, she cut DD's heel, she left a gash in his arm, and then she cut off DD's hand. The sword has feats. It's almost as if extremely durable alien metal armor is resistant to a sword, hmmmm that's weird it's not like sword's are bad at slashing through metal knight's armor in real life.... oh wait they suck at that. At no point was the punching strength a game changer? Superman completely dominated Steppenwolf with his strength, what do you even mean? Against the other enemies? The ones that were equally if not stronger than Superman? First of all we don't know the axe is the same material. Is Thor's metal armor made of the same metal as Stormbreaker? No, definitely not, it gets pierced all the time by blades from Loki even. Dude. Did you completely forget why his axe broke????????? Do you not remember that Superman used his freeze breath on the axe, and froze it? Do you not know that freezing metal very fast makes it brittle and easily shattered? Because that's literally exactly what happened. You have no point there whatsoever.

6) The MIRV's you talk about are deployed on the descent of the Nuke, and guess what, the Nuke never got to descend in BvS. Your point is moot.

Wrong. A Nuke is not just a HE, it is not a conventional bomb. A Nuke includes dramatic radiation effects, which is devastating to life. Nukes are omni-directional yes, but they were hit point-blank. It could not have been more point-blank then that, it made direct impact with them. Nothing in the world would come out of a direct impact with a nuke, no bunker. You're completely ignoring the direct impact of the Nuke in your futile attempts to disprove the feat. The warships in Bikini Atoll were NOT close to the center of the Nuke they suffered from the wave of water caused by the Nuke and a much lesser blast wave that is present at the epicenter. Stop equating the two situations they are vastly different in significant ways.

We still see a fireball from the explosion for one, and two since they were at the epicenter of the blast they (along with the matter in the ICBM) would be the atoms that were 'worked' with by the Nuke. They would experience the energy directly. Since this ICBM was not split and was likely a Minuteman it most likely had a payload of three warheads with 170Kt each to make a total 510 Kiloton payload exploding on top of Superman and Doomsday. And yes, Zack Snyder did express his interest in having a Nuke scene, primarily because he liked showcasing power and he was taking inspiration from Frank Miller's adaptation.

7) Glad you agree that it is magic. Doomsday isn't a pure kryptonian, so be careful in automatically attributing the magic weakness to all kryptonians especially when the only time a pure kryptonian got exposed to magic he resisted it. Superman resisted WW's lasso of truth and that was the only time a pure kryptonian encountered magic. You're assuming Stormbreaker is magic just like WW's sword, and that is a strong assumption given the in-universe and writer explanation of 'magic' in the MCU universe. Post #93 by Flashfyr explains it nicely. There is a difference between DC magic and MCU 'magic' and to assume they are the same is a false assumption. Thus this leaves us with just Stormbreaker as a non-magical weapon. And Thor is not strong enough to generate enough pressure along the edge of SB to exceed that which was produced by a Nuke, and the subsequent forceful fall from orbit. A fall from orbit alone, produces more pressure on the body than Thor could every hope to produce with Stormbreaker.

Crunch5481

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

FlashFyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By FlashFyr

@crunch5481: Just to add on to what you're saying about Diana's sword, swords have historically neverbeen able to slash through plate armor. Not once has it happened on this planet. The fact that Diana did is something that's totally unprecedented, and is a major feat for her sword. The reason she can't cut through the unfrozen axe likely has to do with leverage and the fact that Steppenwolf would know how to preserve his weapon. Samurai used the flats of their blades as much as possible instead of the edge because of how weak their steel was. The swords were prone to breaking and they had to take preventative measures. Not saying Steppenwolf's equipment is weak, but if he's going up against stronger metal, he's probably being a little conservative.

Avatar image for thebestofthebest
ThEBeStOfTheBeST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@crunch5481: I'd say her sword is just that powerful. DCEU Kryptonians haven't shown weakness toward magic, at least not yet.

Darkthunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@flashfyr: first of all how çômé dimensions are above scientific understanding? How could you ancient one herself says says there are infinite dimensions. How can you possibly understand a being like dormammu (dimension itself) who is beyond time? I am sorry I didn't read your link I will later. And your explanation about magic in MCU and DCEU in reference to comics is wrong because dceu doesn't have it's magical side that well defined.

Johndeyvido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The axe will decapitate him easily. If Authur's mother trident can pierce kryptonians( atlantean metal) then why can't Thor's axe pierce him? since the axe has more feats than the trident.

Monitorhammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By Monitorhammer

Doomsday die in one hit by axe.

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#110  Edited By Shinne

@johndeyvido said:

The axe will decapitate him easily. If Authur's mother trident can pierce kryptonians( atlantean metal) then why can't Thor's axe pierce him? since the axe has more feats than the trident.

So... what if a new character out of nowhere stomped Galactus, and disappeared, never to be found again. Does that mean Batman can beat Galactus, because he technically has better feats than the newcomer?

I don't think that's how it works.

Lord_Titan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol one haters gonna hate

Crunch5481

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@crunch5481: I'd say her sword is just that powerful. DCEU Kryptonians haven't shown weakness toward magic, at least not yet.

How do you propose her sword to be that powerful? If it isn't magic then it had to have cut DD through sheer pressure. WW is strong but shes not even half as strong as Superman. In order for her to be able to produce enough pressure to cut DD whom tanked the pressure from the Nuke, her sword would have to be incredibly sharp. I'm talking on the molecule level. The reason I do not buy that as the reason is that we already know that she has magical weapons, her lasso, and bracelets are both magic. Then we have feats of her cutting through things with her sword and the sword glows afterwards, like magic. It simply makes no sense for it to just have been a matter of pressure exerted on DD rather than magic. Doomsday being cut by the sword is a showing of weakness to magic in itself. Doomsday also isn't a pure kryptonian, so it does not necessarily apply to Superman, Zod, etc.

ThEBeStOfTheBeST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@crunch5481: Why can't it be that sharp? Its material isn't Earth-made, Zeus created the sword, y'know the guy who can create an entire island on his death bed. As of now, magic isn't one of Doomsday's weaknesses.

Doomsday also isn't a pure kryptonian, so it does not necessarily apply to Superman, Zod, etc.

He's Zod minus intelligence, operating at 100% efficiency ("body expanded to extreme physical abilities"). Confirmed by the VFX team. So he kinda is a pure kryptonian.

Can you explain in details about the design and the creation of Doomsday?

We started from a clay maquette that Patrick Tatopoulos and Jordu Schell created for Zack. Because in the film, Doomsday is created out of the Genesys Chamber from Zod’s body, the idea was to explore how the gene transformation is all about efficiency. It expands the body to extreme physical abilities, with little regard to the resulting aesthetic. This resulted into a pretty anamorphous creature with every bone, tendons and muscles expanded to their maximum capabilities. MPC’s art department then created high resolution conceptual drawing and 3d models based on the original maquette, in order to refine the transformation of each body part but still maintain some aspects of the original comic book design.

We built 2 versions of Doomsday: the newborn version was smaller and not fully developed while the fully formed version, as Doomsday builds up its strength in the film, was much bigger with every inch of his body developed beyond their maximum capabilities.

Doomsday, in its final form, had a body that expanded so much that his skin was cracked open in places, exposing tendons and muscles which presented a real challenge for us. Generally a CG character is only built at high resolution on the outside and proxy muscles, tendons and fat layers are used for simulation purposes only. In this case, we had to build everything up to the skeleton in a renderable way because the cracked skin and extruded bones exposed a lot of the underlying anatomy.

Source: https://www.artofvfx.com/batman-v-superman-dawn-justice-guillaume-rocheron-vfx-supervisor-mpc/

Edit:

Then we have feats of her cutting through things with her sword and the sword glows afterwards

Glowing =/= Magic. But when was this? Are you referring to when she casually cut Doomsday?

Nucleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@flashfyr: Look; Magic isn't even consistant within one single universe. Furthermore, Superman isn't vulnerable only to one type of magic, like chaos or law magic (both to be found within DC), but to all types of magic found in DC.

I firmly believe that a Marvel mage like Doc Strange will continue to be a mage in a DC universe setting. In fact it would be foolish to pretend the contrary.

Infinitehealth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By Infinitehealth

@crunch5481 said:
@thebestofthebest said:

How do you propose her sword to be that powerful? If it isn't magic then it had to have cut DD through sheer pressure. WW is strong but shes not even half as strong as Superman. In order for her to be able to produce enough pressure to cut DD whom tanked the pressure from the Nuke, her sword would have to be incredibly sharp. I'm talking on the molecule level. The reason I do not buy that as the reason is that we already know that she has magical weapons, her lasso, and bracelets are both magic. Then we have feats of her cutting through things with her sword and the sword glows afterwards, like magic. It simply makes no sense for it to just have been a matter of pressure exerted on DD rather than magic. Doomsday being cut by the sword is a showing of weakness to magic in itself. Doomsday also isn't a pure kryptonian, so it does not necessarily apply to Superman, Zod, etc.

Sword is magic definitely scar of doomsday it glow clear / Sword can't cut steppenwolf and no way steppenwolf durable than kryptonians.

DCEU fanboy think that steppenwolf is level nuke or no ?

He can tanked sword wonder woman.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

ThEBeStOfTheBeST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nucleon: He wasn't affected by the Chaos magic (see his fight with Lord Dominus). All in all, it depends on the writers, they often forget about his magic vulnerability and it also depends on the type of the magic used on him.

Marvel and DC, in term of magic, are kinda the same.

ThEBeStOfTheBeST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh hey, the alt lord is here.

nwname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By nwname  Moderator

@lan_fan said:
@johndeyvido said:

So... what if a new character out of nowhere stomped Galactus, and disappeared, never to be found again. Does that mean Batman can beat Galactus, because he technically has better feats than the newcomer?

I don't think that's how it works.

This guy gets it. If an established character with quantifiable feats gets hurt by something that thing should be scaled from the character. on topic, Stormbreaker doesn’t have the feats. It can’t cut Doomsday at all.

Nucleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By Nucleon

@crunch5481: 1) You state a claim and then fail to support it. Obviously steel has better piercing resistance because it is a harder material than wood lol, that is perfectly consistent with my accurate physical explanation.

What do you mean I failed to support it? If I failed to support it why do you agree with my exemple? Some material/fabrics are more resistant to specific type of damage than other materials/fabrics.

2) I am not saying all damage is the same. I am saying that a punch and a stab are the same in that they both conduct a force exerted over an area of skin, and the ONLY difference from any objective standpoint is that the punch has a greater surface area of effect than a knife would, and therefore for a given force the punch would exert less pressure. That's just physics.

You are, in fact, saying that all damage is equal, which I think is very simplistic. Damage doesn't have the same velocity, mass, direction, etc etc. Now I do believe DC takes it to a stupid extreme with WW, but yeah, one character can be more resistant to a type of damage than another, just like a medieval chainmail was better against arrows than it was against maces.

3) Just so we are clear, you Nucleon believe that Thanos can tank a Nuke and the force of being thrust downwards to Earth from said Nuke from orbital altitude? Careful there, you're bias is showing. And here you go completely ignoring the objective truth and science of the situation. I just explained as best as I could what piercing resistance actually is and why tanking 30mm bullets was not DD's best skin durability feat. And you choose to be ignorant and ignore it in it's entirety, writing it off with an incoherent excuse that you couldn't even support in the slightest.

Yeah, I do.

4) Actually, you're wrong (and I was too for saying she didn't get a clean hit, she did at the end). Most of Diana's strikes were slashes and simply scraped Steppenwolf's metallic alien armor, but she does get a good slash at his stomach that apparently pierces the armor. You can see Steppenwolf holding his abdomen afterwards. And yes something odd is afoot, duh, its called magic. WW's sword was making direct contact with DD's skin and has the advantage of being magical, against Steppenwolf he was protected by his metal armor. This armor tanked a beating from superman without falling apart, making it even more durable than the kryptonian metal that we got to see slice through multiple buildings like butter, without damage.

A likewise strike by Thor with SB would have taken SW out of the fight. WW's damage on SW was minimal.

5) You're just speaking nonsense, one feat for her sword??? She cut a car in half easily, she cut a statue head in half easily, she did in fact pierce Steppenwolf's armor with a clean hit at the end, she cut DD's heel, she left a gash in his arm, and then she cut off DD's hand. The sword has feats. It's almost as if extremely durable alien metal armor is resistant to a sword, hmmmm that's weird it's not like sword's are bad at slashing through metal knight's armor in real life.... oh wait they suck at that. At no point was the punching strength a game changer? Superman completely dominated Steppenwolf with his strength, what do you even mean? Against the other enemies? The ones that were equally if not stronger than Superman? First of all we don't know the axe is the same material. Is Thor's metal armor made of the same metal as Stormbreaker? No, definitely not, it gets pierced all the time by blades from Loki even. Dude. Did you completely forget why his axe broke????????? Do you not remember that Superman used his freeze breath on the axe, and froze it? Do you not know that freezing metal very fast makes it brittle and easily shattered? Because that's literally exactly what happened. You have no point there whatsoever.

If Step's axe was broken by a heat/cold succession, then it isn't worth much, especially for a weapon. You really think that combination would have broken Mjolnir?

Supes wasn't strong enough to KO or even hurt SW. Parademons were. A Thor armed with SB would have made him twains. The Kryptonians's hitting power is discutable; How come they can spent hours taking turns at hitting one another witout even bruising themselves? There also something odd going on here.

Finally, we know exactly how Thor's weapons were made - we don't have to guess it like we do for SW. In his case we're just applying the (quite sound) logic that his gear was from the same shop, as they are visually in the same hues and style.

6) The MIRV's you talk about are deployed on the descent of the Nuke, and guess what, the Nuke never got to descend in BvS. Your point is moot.

My point was that the directors had absolutely no idea what they talked about, ergo all of what concerns the nuke is to be taken with a grain of salt. ICBMs don't directly hit their targets; They're vectors.

Wrong. A Nuke is not just a HE, it is not a conventional bomb. A Nuke includes dramatic radiation effects, which is devastating to life. Nukes are omni-directional yes, but they were hit point-blank. It could not have been more point-blank then that, it made direct impact with them. Nothing in the world would come out of a direct impact with a nuke, no bunker. You're completely ignoring the direct impact of the Nuke in your futile attempts to disprove the feat. The warships in Bikini Atoll were NOT close to the center of the Nuke they suffered from the wave of water caused by the Nuke and a much lesser blast wave that is present at the epicenter. Stop equating the two situations they are vastly different in significant ways.

We still see a fireball from the explosion for one, and two since they were at the epicenter of the blast they (along with the matter in the ICBM) would be the atoms that were 'worked' with by the Nuke. They would experience the energy directly. Since this ICBM was not split and was likely a Minuteman it most likely had a payload of three warheads with 170Kt each to make a total 510 Kiloton payload exploding on top of Superman and Doomsday. And yes, Zack Snyder did express his interest in having a Nuke scene, primarily because he liked showcasing power and he was taking inspiration from Frank Miller's adaptation.

Nuke are quite the same as a conventional bomb at their core. The difference is in the way to arrive there, and in the aftereffects. And yes, a bunker that you would build in your backyard can resist the direct, primary effects of a nuke. That's why people and world leaders build them. But nearly all of these bunkers won't resist a bunker-buster bomb, even if it has a lot less energy than an omnidirectional, wide-effect nuke. At Bikini Atoll, the ships were (very clearly) into the blast radius, and water is of no effect of a nuke - it's still atoms.

These heavy-hitting characters, they're like warships, or kaijus; taking them out require a focused attack with lots of mass involved.

7) Glad you agree that it is magic. Doomsday isn't a pure kryptonian, so be careful in automatically attributing the magic weakness to all kryptonians especially when the only time a pure kryptonian got exposed to magic he resisted it. Superman resisted WW's lasso of truth and that was the only time a pure kryptonian encountered magic. You're assuming Stormbreaker is magic just like WW's sword, and that is a strong assumption given the in-universe and writer explanation of 'magic' in the MCU universe. Post #93 by Flashfyr explains it nicely. There is a difference between DC magic and MCU 'magic' and to assume they are the same is a false assumption. Thus this leaves us with just Stormbreaker as a non-magical weapon. And Thor is not strong enough to generate enough pressure along the edge of SB to exceed that which was produced by a Nuke, and the subsequent forceful fall from orbit. A fall from orbit alone, produces more pressure on the body than Thor could every hope to produce with Stormbreaker.

Well, yes, Stormbreaker is magic. It's got enchantments like Mjolnir have, that Odin placed. The debate we're having has taken place, in the Avengers' AoU party when different Avengers tried to lift the hammer; Stark offered the tech possibility, that Thor dismissed.

WW's sword, we can only suppose it is magic, since one of them - the GodKiller - was being little more than a prop.

Nucleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ThEBeStOfTheBeST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

FlashFyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By FlashFyr

@darkthunder: Because spatial dimensions by definition are science. 1d, 2d, 3d, 4d, it's all a matter of perspective on space. The reason higher dimension beings have so much more power is the same reason you, as a 3d creature, have infinite power over 2d. You can draw entire worlds, erase entire worlds, move 2d objects any way you please. And since 2d creatures can't comprehend 3d in terms of depth and shit, it would look extremely strange to them- objects slipping in and out of their single sheeted plane because there's no concept of up or down in 2d. The same can be said if a 4d or 5d object were to interact with our 3d world; they have infinite power over us and their usage of it would look incredibly strange, a lot like magic even. Especially since we're getting into theoretical physics and quantum mechanics at that point, it'd look reaaaalllyweird if we could even comprehend 4d and above.

https://en.wikiversity.org/wiki/Why_10_dimensions

No Caption Provided

> "It's not a 'boiling cauldron, eye-of-newt' magic."

If "dimensions" refer to alternate realities instead of spatial dimensions, it's the Fantastic Four's entire job to explore those and they regularly come under a level of scientific understanding. How many alternate timelines, universes, or realities were beyond that? Was Old Man Logan beyond scientific understanding? How about Secret Wars Battleworld? Spider-Verse? Regardless, the filmmakers still dumbed it down to "It very much is a science issue." Hell, the existence of alternate dimensions in of itself requires a root in science, which is confirmed by the fact that Marvel follows a quantum multiverse model even in the movies (every choice creates a new time stream).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Many-worlds_interpretation (See decision theory)

By contrast, DC comics follow a bubble multiverse model (See their map of the multiverse)

The DCEU didn't explicitly state that science and magic are separate but Wonder Woman made it pretty obvious. The existence of the Greek gods, their abilities, their gear... There's plenty of evidence to suggest the gods are straight up magic, so you'd need to show evidence that overrides that proposition in order to say they're super scientific. For example, what about the Lasso of Truth? It works purely by having someone in its noose and it doesn't even need to touch the person's skin. It's clearly not some sort of aerosol because it'd work on everyone in the vicinity and the trigger mechanism makes no sense. Then there's stuff like lightning with no cloud cover, lightning literally coming out of Diana's bracer in JL, and how does one transfer the last of their dying power to create a god killer without any tech? And even if you could come up with a scientific explanation, that fails to prove that it's the correct explanation when the director's intent was obviously magic.

EDIT: Apparently Shazam made it explicitly clear that magic is its own thing with Dr. Sivana's statement. So, the "Z" in Shazam stands for "Power of Zeus," meaning Zeus is magical in nature, along with Hercules, Atlas, Achilles, and Mercury.

To go one step further than that, here's the thing: you're trying to say that MCU magic translates to DCEU. Everything I just said shows consistent differences in the magic between Marvel and DC's comics, movies, and scientific multiverse models. If you want to say that the MCU and DCEU have the same magic, here's a list of things you need to demonstrate:

1. You need to demonstrate that the DCEU is even part of a greater multiverse

2. You need to demonstrate that the DCEU follows the quantum model for that multiverse

3. You need to demonstrate that the DCEU's magic functions by accessing the science of that multiverse

4. You need to demonstrate that not a shred of what the Greek gods did was another kind of magic

Only then can you say the MCU operates the same way as the DCEU. Good luck.

Eri_Joni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

FlashFyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By FlashFyr

@nucleon: DC's stance that magic and science are separate has been very consistent, actually. Different schools / methods of magic completely fail to prove that magic and science are the same. Seriously, who cares that Superman is vulnerable to all of them? They all follow the premise that they're outside science. Doctor Strange and Thor have gone to incredible lengths to say that science and magic are the same, though.

If you want to say DCEU and MCU are equivalent, take a crack at post 122 ^

Monitorhammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By Monitorhammer

@flashfyr: Magic in DCEU above kryptonian definitely get said by dr sivana just magic only can hurt they / so even superman can't kill shazam.

Loading Video...
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

FlashFyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By FlashFyr

@darkthunder: @nucleon:

There you go. Apparently I was wrong and the DCEU did explicitly state magic as its own thing ^ The debate is pretty much over.

Dr. Sivana: Only magic can extinguish magic.

Did the MCU set its magic as a standalone? No, it's super science.

Did the DCEU set its magic as a standalone? Abso - frickin' - lutely.

ThEBeStOfTheBeST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bibles, man. Bibles everywhere..

ThunderPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@crunch5481:

Do you believe Wonder Woman's sword is magic?

Most likely.

Do you believe Stormbreaker is magic?

Probably.

Do you believe that WW cut Doomsday because her sword was magic or because of a combination of her strength and the sword's durability?

A combination of WW's strength and the piercing power of her sword. I believe that Thor has better strength feats than WW and Stormbreaker has better piercing feats than WW's sword. Thus, Thor with Stormbreaker should be able to cut through DD easily.

FlashFyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By FlashFyr

@thunderprince: MCU and DCEU have different kinds of magic. Doctor Strange and Thor said magic is science, DC separates magic from science. Read posts 122-126.

ThunderPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@flashfyr said:

@thunderprince: MCU and DCEU have different kinds of magic. Doctor Strange and Thor said magic is science, DC separates magic from science. Read posts 122-126.

As I said before, I do not consider magic to be the reason why WW cut DD.

A combination of WW's strength and the piercing power of her sword. I believe that Thor has better strength feats than WW and Stormbreaker has better piercing feats than WW's sword. Thus, Thor with Stormbreaker should be able to cut through DD easily.

So ultimately, whether or not DCEU magic is the same as MCU magic does not really matter to me in this specific fight.

FlashFyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thunderprince: Why'd you factor magic into your post then? Typically, people don't answer irrelevant questions.

ThunderPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@flashfyr said:

@thunderprince: Why'd you factor magic into your post then? Typically, people don't answer irrelevant questions.

Because I was answering another user's question.

ThEBeStOfTheBeST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The answer remains a no. SB hasn't cut anybody as durable as Doomsday.

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

BOC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Johndeyvido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nwgzsjuwhm96y2:

Are you saying Arthur's mother trident is better than stormbreaker?

If a pencil can pierce sth, why won't a combat knife? Thor's axe is better than atlantean metal(trident) and it's not magical so you don't need a magical artifact to damage kryptonians .

FlashFyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By FlashFyr

@johndeyvido: How do you know the trident would work on a Kryptonian?

If the Sword of Athena (the name in of itself implies magic) cut DD because of magic, then the nonmagical trident wouldn't. Comparing their relative cutting powers to a nonmagical material would not be a fair comparison (since a different material is being cut), and that'd be False Equivalency.

nwname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 nwname  Moderator

@johndeyvido: Yes im sure, by feats and statements mother trident >>> Stormbreaker wheter we like it or not. This is more like a diamond pencil that can cut every metal vs a kitchen knife.

Avatar image for captainsweatpan
CaptainSweatpan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MrTrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Could maybe be a backscratcher, doubt it's durable enough though.

Daywalker88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Still 1

huthimamwa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just one...

Crunch5481

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143  Edited By Crunch5481

@thebestofthebest said:

@crunch5481: Why can't it be that sharp? Its material isn't Earth-made, Zeus created the sword, y'know the guy who can create an entire island on his death bed. As of now, magic isn't one of Doomsday's weaknesses.

Doomsday also isn't a pure kryptonian, so it does not necessarily apply to Superman, Zod, etc.

He's Zod minus intelligence, operating at 100% efficiency ("body expanded to extreme physical abilities"). Confirmed by the VFX team. So he kinda is a pure kryptonian.

Can you explain in details about the design and the creation of Doomsday?

We started from a clay maquette that Patrick Tatopoulos and Jordu Schell created for Zack. Because in the film, Doomsday is created out of the Genesys Chamber from Zod’s body, the idea was to explore how the gene transformation is all about efficiency. It expands the body to extreme physical abilities, with little regard to the resulting aesthetic. This resulted into a pretty anamorphous creature with every bone, tendons and muscles expanded to their maximum capabilities. MPC’s art department then created high resolution conceptual drawing and 3d models based on the original maquette, in order to refine the transformation of each body part but still maintain some aspects of the original comic book design.

We built 2 versions of Doomsday: the newborn version was smaller and not fully developed while the fully formed version, as Doomsday builds up its strength in the film, was much bigger with every inch of his body developed beyond their maximum capabilities.

Doomsday, in its final form, had a body that expanded so much that his skin was cracked open in places, exposing tendons and muscles which presented a real challenge for us. Generally a CG character is only built at high resolution on the outside and proxy muscles, tendons and fat layers are used for simulation purposes only. In this case, we had to build everything up to the skeleton in a renderable way because the cracked skin and extruded bones exposed a lot of the underlying anatomy.

Source: https://www.artofvfx.com/batman-v-superman-dawn-justice-guillaume-rocheron-vfx-supervisor-mpc/

Edit:

Then we have feats of her cutting through things with her sword and the sword glows afterwards

Glowing =/= Magic. But when was this? Are you referring to when she casually cut Doomsday?

Well, it is Earth made technically.

Zeus did not create that sword. Her mother said Zeus created the god-killer sword in her solo movie, but that sword was melted by Ares and then it was revealed that her mother lied and WW was the actual godkiller. So no, Zeus didn't make it.

He literally is not pure Kryptonian??? He is a mix of Lex's DNA and Zod's body. I've read what you quoted before and that doesn't take anything away from the fact that DD was an amalgamation of human and kryptonian.

It Glowed when it cut the statue head and when it cut the car in half. Why else would it glow? The only way it could go glow is from magic or heat and there's no reason it should have been heat. You said Zeus created the sword and still claim it isn't magical? Lol while also pointing to Zeus's feat of magically creating an island as reason to suggest he could make the sword (which he didn't make).

Crunch5481

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@crunch5481:

Do you believe Wonder Woman's sword is magic?

Most likely.

Do you believe Stormbreaker is magic?

Probably.

Do you believe that WW cut Doomsday because her sword was magic or because of a combination of her strength and the sword's durability?

If it was a combination of WW's strength and the sharpness and durability of her sword then how did she manage to exert more pressure than re-entry or a Nuke? I disagree, I think the most obvious and plausible explanation is that it was the magical properties of her sword that allowed her to cut DD.

ThunderPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@crunch5481:

If it was a combination of WW's strength and the sharpness and durability of her sword then how did she manage to exert more pressure than re-entry or a Nuke?

Simple, certain characters have a thing known as split durability. DD's energy durability is incredibly high, his blunt force is also incredibly high but his piercing durability while impressive, is not above other materials such as uru. For example, Thor supposedly, survived the "Full force of a star," now that doesn't mean that it takes that amount of force to hurt him when in comes to blunt force. Another example is Spider-Man who by logically should be able to tank bullets from his blunt durability feats. This is true throughout nearly all of his incarnations. But, Spider-man is still vulnerable to piercing attacks across every medium.

I disagree, I think the most obvious and plausible explanation is that it was the magical properties of her sword that allowed her to cut DD.

There is little to no evidence of her sword being magical or of Kryptonians having a weakness to magic. Also, do not forget that DD has the ability to absorb energy, so he most likely did not experience the full force of a nuke due to him absorbing an unknown quantity of it.

Avatar image for deactivated-6098713be0993
deactivated-6098713be0993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1 or 2, maybe 4 at most. If WW's sword can cut him when it doesn't have any feats on that level other than in that fight, there's no reason Stormbreaker which is >> Mjolnir in power and has decapitated someone as durable as Thanos in a single hit with ease shouldn't be able to do the same.

Crunch5481

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147  Edited By Crunch5481

@thebestofthebest:

Using your own source you supplied, a nuke exerts 64 billion Bar of pressure, which is equivalent to 6.4x10^15 Newtons per square meter. In Wonder Woman's movie she lifts a T-28 tank, which has a mass of 86.2 metric tons or 86,200 kilograms, which means she exerted at least 845622 Newtons. Now lets give her the benefit of the doubt and say she can lift double that max, and we have 1,691,244 Newtons as her strength. Now since Doomsday tanked the Nuke at 6,400,000,000,000,000 newtons per square meters, that means that Wonder Woman must have exerted more pressure than that (according to your logic, obviously I disagree because I think it was due to magic). Since he tanked it, lets say she must have exerted 10,000,000,000,000,000 Newtons per square meters (pascals). With a generous maximum strength of 1,691,244 Newtons we can solve for the area of the sharp edge of her sword. So we divide her strength by the pressure: 1,691,244/10,000,000,000,000,000 = 0.0000000001691244 square meters. Wonder Woman's sword is about 1/3 to 1/2 of Gal Gadot's height, let's say it is 3/5 her height, that makes the sword 1.068 meters long, lets round that off to 1 meter for simplification. We can divide the area we got by 1 meter to get 0.0000000001691244 meters, this is what the width of the edge of her sword would have to be. That is equal to 0.1691244 nanometers. To put that into perspective the diameter of an atom is about 0.25 nano meters. Her sword would literally have to be thinner than an atom. It most certainly is not, we can see the edge of the sword very clearly. Do you see how ridiculous that is? Thinner than an atom, that's not even possible.

CLEARLY the answer is that the sword is magic.

@thunderprince <- this is relevant to you as well since you believe that her sword cut Doomsday due to her strength and the physical properties of the sword alone.

(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orders_of_magnitude_(pressure)) <-source

Crunch5481

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@crunch5481:

If it was a combination of WW's strength and the sharpness and durability of her sword then how did she manage to exert more pressure than re-entry or a Nuke?

Simple, certain characters have a thing known as split durability. DD's energy durability is incredibly high, his blunt force is also incredibly high but his piercing durability while impressive, is not above other materials such as uru. For example, Thor supposedly, survived the "Full force of a star," now that doesn't mean that it takes that amount of force to hurt him when in comes to blunt force. Another example is Spider-Man who by logically should be able to tank bullets from his blunt durability feats. This is true throughout nearly all of his incarnations. But, Spider-man is still vulnerable to piercing attacks across every medium.

I disagree, I think the most obvious and plausible explanation is that it was the magical properties of her sword that allowed her to cut DD.

There is little to no evidence of her sword being magical or of Kryptonians having a weakness to magic. Also, do not forget that DD has the ability to absorb energy, so he most likely did not experience the full force of a nuke due to him absorbing an unknown quantity of it.

the difference between blunt force and piercing is pressure. That's it. That is the only physical difference.

Thor didn't take anywhere near the full force of a star but we are not getting into that....

If we have a rational, logical, and scientific explanation of something then we use that, we do not go with what violates physics.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2cf537b4a1c
deactivated-5d2cf537b4a1c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@crunch5481:

Maybe the enchantment (canon in existence, but significance is all speculation) on it makes it a substantially harder metal or something like that. More likely, she is able to channel her power through it. I mean, the orange glow that comes from the edge and the objects it cuts suspiciously match the color of her energy attacks and the ichor of the gods that she is related to.

ThunderPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@crunch5481:

Using your own source you supplied, a nuke exerts 64 billion Bar of pressure, which is equivalent to 6.4x10^15 Newtons per square meter. In Wonder Woman's movie she lifts a T-28 tank, which has a mass of 86.2 metric tons or 86,200 kilograms, which means she exerted at least 845622 Newtons. Now lets give her the benefit of the doubt and say she can lift double that max, and we have 1,691,244 Newtons as her strength. Now since Doomsday tanked the Nuke at 6,400,000,000,000,000 newtons per square meters, that means that Wonder Woman must have exerted more pressure than that (according to your logic, obviously I disagree because I think it was due to magic). Since he tanked it, lets say she must have exerted 10,000,000,000,000,000 Newtons per square meters (pascals). With a generous maximum strength of 1,691,244 Newtons we can solve for the area of the sharp edge of her sword. So we divide her strength by the pressure: 1,691,244/10,000,000,000,000,000 = 0.0000000001691244 square meters. Wonder Woman's sword is about 1/3 to 1/2 of Gal Gadot's height, let's say it is 3/5 her height, that makes the sword 1.068 meters long, lets round that off to 1 meter for simplification. We can divide the area we got by 1 meter to get 0.0000000001691244 meters, this is what the width of the edge of her sword would have to be. That is equal to 0.1691244 nanometers. To put that into perspective the diameter of an atom is about 0.25 nano meters. Her sword would literally have to be thinner than an atom. It most certainly is not, we can see the edge of the sword very clearly. Do you see how ridiculous that is? Thinner than an atom, that's not even possible.

Once again, DD absorbs energy. That is literally one of his powers as stated by WW.

As far as the extensive math goes, the concept of split durability kind of explains that whole dilemma. Even WW in the comics has tanked a nuke but she still gets cut by bullets. 616 Thor and other high tiers have tanked things far above nukes but they have still been cut by the fictional, non magic metal known as adamantium.

I think that you are looking at this a bit more seriously than the filmmakers intended. After all, we are talking about a fictional universe where aliens and literal gods duke it out in the streets of a fictional city.