How many DOFP Sentinels to defeat the MCU Avengers?

nfactor1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

How many Sentinels from X-Men: Days of Future Past would it take to defeat the MCU Avengers from the first Avengers movie (Hulk, Thor, Iron Man, Captain America, Hawkeye, and Black Widow)?

All will be equipped with their standard gear and abilities, the fight will take place in downtown New York City, there will be no innocent civilians around, and the fight is to the death.

RandomSid82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nfactor1995: Because it is debatable if the Sentinels could adapt and copy the powers of the Avengers here(namely Hulk and Thor), it is probably better if you decide in the OP if they would be able to or not. Otherwise you will have people arguing about that the whole thread.

Amendment50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

An Ultronload.

DarkRaiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thousands if not millions due to Thor and Hulk likely not tiring.

- 54 wins and counting. 3 tournaments.

http://www.warwithwords.com

nwname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 nwname  Moderator  Online

Centinels didn't show any feats above building level. Hulk and Thor turns them to scrap.

franky666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1 Sentinel is enough to kill Captain America, Hawkeye and Black Widow. Maybe 3 or 4 for Iron Man.

There's certainly a number of Sentinels that can overpower both Hulk and Thor and kill them... maybe 200 or 300.

SamJackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By SamJackson

Can they only adapt to powers from the mutant gene?

bflynn316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkraiden: I think you're misjudging how many a million is. Even how many a thousand is. There were only a couple hundred Chitauri in the invasion. If there were a million, it would be incredibly hard to comprehend visually.

theCrazyBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 juiceboks  Moderator

Considering a dozen or so Chitauri were able to keep Hulk at bay for a while, I'd wager somewhere around 50 to take him and Thor.

Heatblaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

They don't have much going for them since they can only adapt to mutants.

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 114

1 000s.Iron-man and Thor took a Nuke.Thor overloaded the Vibranium core,Ironman was holding his own against Thor and Hulj should be just below Thor.

DarkRaiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkraiden: I think you're misjudging how many a million is. Even how many a thousand is. There were only a couple hundred Chitauri in the invasion. If there were a million, it would be incredibly hard to comprehend visually.

Oh I know how much it is. There'd need to be a LOT of fodder for Thor and Hulk to get tired enough to lose to.

nfactor1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkraiden: I don't think the Sentinels qualify as fodder...they were ridiculously OP

ParagonNate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkraiden: I don't think the Sentinels qualify as fodder...they were ridiculously OP

Largely due to adaptation, which they may not have here. They were good without it sure, but that was the real killer for the X-Men, quite literally, in some cases.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a84a212043e5
deactivated-5a84a212043e5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well the sentinels of the future were only shown to take permanent damage in a few specific ways. Being caught in a closing portal. Being blown up from a reactor detonation/Mutant explosion, and with a futuristic energy weapon. The rest of the mutant powers, Ice, Fire, Strength, were all too weak to do permanent hard to the sentinels.

So we ask ourselves, who on the avengers team can reasonably replicate these attacks, or improve upon them to a degree required to destroy some sentinels.

well

It's pretty apparent that Hawkeye, Black Widow, and Captain America will go down with minimal effort from the future Sentinels. That leaves us with IronMan, Hulk, and Thor.

Hulk and Thor should be able to take on quite a few sentinels before getting overwhelmed, and IronMan, with High-energy weapons should also be able to take out several.

If the avengers were cornered, Id say 50 sentinels would finish the job.

hirev_starman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Well if the Sentinels haven't been able to adapt to any X-Genes than Iron Man , Thor, & Hulk should be able to outlast some countless waves. Iron Man would be flying around distracting most of them or he can send in his Iron Legion to give some help as well while Thor just fries them into fritz with Mjionir and Hulk will just keep enraging and keeps a slugfest up. Cap, BW, and Hawkeye are irrelevant in this fight. They will be the first ones too go. Just get cornered and get destroyed by the Sentinels.

My Answer= countless waves until Thor or Hulk tire

algorhythm511

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

about as many angels can dance on the head of a pin.

PeterParkerJr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Considering a dozen or so Chitauri were able to keep Hulk at bay for a while, I'd wager somewhere around 50 to take him and Thor.

Yeah, I'd say about that amount too.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a0c8d423f980
deactivated-5a0c8d423f980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not very many... Not even one was taken down in DOFP

And the Avengers really aren't any better than that Xmen team

bflynn316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bflynn316 said:

Oh I know how much it is. There'd need to be a LOT of fodder for Thor and Hulk to get tired enough to lose to.

I agree there needs to be a lot, but I genuinely think you don't understand what you're saying when you think there should be a million. That's just a ludicrous number that gets thrown around a lot, but it's massive. A million Sentinels would be incredibly hard for us to comprehend.

depinhom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

Probably like 10ish, no?

Avatar image for petey_is_spidey
Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Can they only adapt to powers from the mutant gene?

Yeah.

Avatar image for deactivated-61a1b6940ec47
deactivated-61a1b6940ec47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Since the sentinels power stemmed from mystiques shapeshifting, it's safe to say that their power is not restricted to mutants only. Otherwise mystique wouldn't be able to impersonate humans.

In which case, I would say no more 30

TrionAce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By TrionAce

Alot will be needed. Hulk and Thor above any X-Men in DOFP. Hulk thunderclap and Thor's lightning would do damage. Not to mention the Sentinels cannot adapt and Thor and Hulk could scrap one in a punc

Van_Cere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#27  Edited By Van_Cere

The Sentinels are just Mystique enhanced. Mystique has the ability to turn into different material (clothing) and the Sentinels just upgraded that ability.

The Sentinels are extremely fast and flexible, and does not nesessarily adapt in our sense; it already can turn into most of those things like fire, ice, and colossus's carbon steel mix and once it encounters an opponent with an ability like fire, it can adapt by knowing exactly what to use to defeat the opponent.

None of them has a response to Hulks strength, but whether or not they can see what Thor's hammer and Caps shield are made of and turn into that material is debatable. I think once they touch it, given a few seconds, they could like with Colossus.

So, if there are enough Sentinels to keep Thor and Hulk busy, the others will defeat Cap and it will be all over.

Edit: If there is no Cap, then this will be a long fight....until someone gets hold of Thor's hammer which is unlikely.

Adriusus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

1 for Cap, Romanoff and Barton.

Several times for Hulk, Thor, Iron-Man.

AaronQuinty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Assuming the sentinels can't adapt to Hulk & Thor then maybe around 20? Do the sentinels have the powers they already had gained in DoFP? Because that would make it lower.