How long would it take for Mcu Avengers to stop Zod's invasion?

• 193 results
WeAreTheFlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151  Edited By WeAreTheFlash

Also some of the kryptonians have feats of mach 5+.

"General Zod can run, fly and react at incredible supersonic speeds (of over Mach 900)."

Scipio123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#152  Edited By Scipio123

@azrael1973:

Just gonna leave this here. This is a 340 ton boulder:

No Caption Provided

As you can see, it dwarfs an adult man by quite a bit. Now, the boulder Kurse threw dwarfed him to a similar degree. Given that Kurse is significantly taller than your average human, it's reasonable to put that thing's weight at around 400 tons.

So Thor taking that to the face without being KO'd is hugely impressive.

how would you compare the impact of a missile with the boulder thor got hit with?

A better comparison would be with the Bifrost explosion:

No Caption Provided

Thor tanked that with zero scratches. That's far more impressive than Faora being KO'd by a smaller missile lol.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d731ee5de2e9
deactivated-5d731ee5de2e9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scipio123: dude.....ur exaggerating the size of the boulder. I suggest you read this: https://forums.spacebattles.com/threads/marvel-cinematic-universe-feat-thread.338412/page-2

The boulder thor got hit with was at most 100 tons considering it was weak structurally, there were lots of pores in the boulder. The missile is more impressive as it wasn't just concussive, high heat was present too plus loki survived it and got cut by a grenade in the avengers movie

SuperGoku17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ridd said:

@supergoku17: Zod is fast enough to blitz the Avengers and strong enough to kill them. That's all that matters.

Zod solostomp.

No he does not.

SuperGoku17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sportjames23 said:

@mutant1230: The Chitauri were fodder and they still gave the Avengers some problems. Zod and crew would destroy them. Too fast, too furious.

What proof do you have the Chitauri were just fodder? They took out all the United States Military tech that was originally sent to fight them off, pretty easily. Thanos, The Other, and Loki seemed to speak highly of them. Within the Marvel Cinematic Universe lore they appear to be quite strong, and The Avengers made them look like fodder.

Zod wouldn't go down so easily, but with the combined teamwork of the AoU Avengers, I have no doubt he and his entire invasion would be stopped. He isn't fast (or furious) enough for Hulk, Thor, Vision, and Iron Man.

Scipio123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@DammeFavour:

dude.....ur exaggerating the size of the boulder.

I'm basing my figures on Paragonnate's explanation in this thread: http://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/battles-7/wonder-woman-dceu-vs-thor-mcu-1777455/?page=14

He explains it pretty well, and even convinces a few DCEU fans that the boulder weighed around 300-400 tons.

I suggest you read this: https://forums.spacebattles.com/threads/marvel-cinematic-universe-feat-thread.338412/page-2

I read it, and all I can say is that those people are lowballers. They're saying that Hulk is an 8-tonner, when even War Machine is a casual 60-tonner lol.

The boulder thor got hit with was at most 100 tons considering it was weak structurally, there were lots of pores in the boulder.

The pores don't prove anything, actually. They weren't very big, and the boulder obviously wasn't hollow.

The missile is more impressive as it wasn't just concussive

Are you honestly saying that this

No Caption Provided

is more powerful than this?

No Caption Provided

The explosion caused by the missile wasn't even a quarter the size of the Bifrost explosion.

high heat was present too

Who's to say there wan't high heat with the Bifrost too? Considering that it was literally incinerating Jotunheim, that seems quite likely, in fact.

plus loki survived it

Loki also survived being ragdolled by Hulk, tanked one of Hawkeye's explosive arrows to the face, and tanked a direct hit from Coulson's Destroyer gun. Loki has INSANE durability and damage soak.

and got cut by a grenade in the avengers movie

Never happened.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scipio123: dude.....my source is better and more comprehensive and actually provides proof and calculations. Ur source just made unsubstantiated claims considering the boulder was pouring out sand, so yes it is definitely at most 100 tons

ridd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158  Edited By ridd
WordWarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Knowledge_King said:
@ready_4_madness said:

@Knowledge_King: https://youtu.be/6wGYJ14Wu54

She 100% shoots one of them and we see it get destroyed. So Quicksilver destroying these guys does not support your argument because Kryptonians are definitely more durable.

You gonna give a time period? Because I'm not watching that whole thing.

Also refer to the party and the scene when an Ultron Bot gets into one of Shield's Helicarriers. Maria Hill shoots it and bullets bounce off. They're bulletproof.

Say that to war machine's gun.

His high grade military specially made-stark gun?

Beast_mode999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can I just pointout The Kryponians were actually able to be knocked out by a standard Missile. Third hammer and Hulk should be able to knock them back BUT...

the Kryptonians are WAY to fast and would overwhelm both

Marc_55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@beast_mode999: That didn't happen, Faora was knocked out from sensory overload. The missile didn't even scratch her.

Beast_mode999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162  Edited By Beast_mode999

@marc_55:

Her mask was falling apart she was struggling keeping focus... missile came in and knocked her out.

I can also argue Stark or Vision could Hack their suits

Marc_55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163  Edited By Marc_55

@beast_mode999: Yes, because it overloaded her senses, like I said in the first place. It didn't do any physical damage.

Beast_mode999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164  Edited By Beast_mode999

@marc_55:

Can you prove it was the sensory overload that knocked her out and not the Missile?

Marc_55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@beast_mode999: You mean, aside from it being extremely obvious? I believe the director, or someone in production, comments that she was knocked out because of her senses.

I mean, we know that just having untrained super senses is extremely painful, add on to that a missile exploding in your face.

Avatar image for sleeping_and_eating
sleeping_and_eating

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@beast_mode999:

@marc_55:

Not to mention Zod couldn't even stand and had to be helped back up when his mask came off. There was also a flashback scene with Clark as a child and he was in pain with his senses.

sleeping_and_eating

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scipio123:

The boulder is 100 tons. No need to lowball or exaggerate it's size. The people at spacebattles even explained their calcs. Again I remind you here is a 100 ton boulder...

No Caption Provided

Compared to the boulder Kurse threw.

No Caption Provided

Here is a 340 ton boulder.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Not to mention the one Kurse threw was missing chunks and parts of it were falling off to the side, suggesting a lack of density. It's a 100 tons, so everybody needs to either stop lowballing Kurse or overating him. The boulder is 100 tons. Still impressive since it's by far the best MCU strength feat.

If you genuinely believe the boulder Kurse threw is 4x times heavier than the first boulder I linked at the beginning of this post then I'm motherf#@*kin Donald Trump.

Ligerdrag20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

They can't win this. Zod wins.

Rockette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Round 1

Thor could combat Zod well enough, and hold him off until help comes.

Hulk & Vision could take the other 2 Kryptonians down.

Avengers win this round.

Round 2

Harder, but the Avengers could pull it off (there will be casualties on the Avengers Team).

Round 3

I dunno... haven't seen Doctor Strange yet.

Abstain.

azrael1973

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170  Edited By azrael1973

@scipio123 said:

@azrael1973:

Just gonna leave this here. This is a 340 ton boulder:

No Caption Provided

As you can see, it dwarfs an adult man by quite a bit. Now, the boulder Kurse threw dwarfed him to a similar degree. Given that Kurse is significantly taller than your average human, it's reasonable to put that thing's weight at around 400 tons.

So Thor taking that to the face without being KO'd is hugely impressive.

how would you compare the impact of a missile with the boulder thor got hit with?

A better comparison would be with the Bifrost explosion:

No Caption Provided

Thor tanked that with zero scratches. That's far more impressive than Faora being KO'd by a smaller missile lol.

It doesn't really matter how heavy the boulder is. It's the missing density. Most likely Asgardian are harder than the rock, Krytonians for sure. If the rock moves the speed that a kryptonian is able too it would be become a shooting star by areodynamic heating. (>45,000 mph)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meteoroid

jplaya2023

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

why can't the hulk beat the majority while everyone else cleans up? thor as well?

sportjames23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

why can't the hulk beat the majority while everyone else cleans up? thor as well?

A bunch of well-trained Superman-level fighters vs the Hulk.

Hulk's not holding them off.

Thinking about it now, only thing I question about Man of Steel is why didn't Zod send the rest of his crew off to attack Superman and the military? If Faora and Nam-Ek were able to cause so much destruction on their own, the rest of his soldiers would've destroyed the military and at least subdued Superman.

hulkuberstomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman>adapted Zod>>>Nam ek>>Faora

Superman is MUCH Stronger than Faora.He kicked her ass without effort when he was morals off.

hulkuberstomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@DammeFavour: that boulder was solid.Stop lowballing MCU characters.

It caused massive damage to the cliff.

If thor withstood the impact,he will be able to take faora's punches without much damage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

azrael1973

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@DammeFavour: that boulder was solid.Stop lowballing MCU characters.

It caused massive damage to the cliff.

If thor withstood the impact,he will be able to take faora's punches without much damage

It's solid for us. For Asgardians and Kryptonians it is as solid as a snowball.

Scipio123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sleeping_and_eating:

The people at spacebattles even explained their calcs.

They also said that Hulk is an 8-tonner. That would make him significantly weaker than War Machine. So forgive me for not being convinced by their logic, unless you also believe that War Machine>>>>>>>Hulk lol.

Again I remind you here is a 100 ton boulder...

If you look closely at that photo, you can see that a regular woman is half the height of that rock. The rock Kurse threw was at least 1.5-2 times his height. And given that Kurse is siginificantly taller than a regular human, that puts the rock's weight at a LOT more than a hundred tons.

No Caption Provided

Actually, posting that photo (again) only strengthens my argument. Kurse is significantly larger than a human male and the boulder he threw was even larger when compared to him than this one was when compared to a human. Sure, this boulder is taller than Kurse's one, but it's also narrower, so they are actually quite comparable.

Not to mention the one Kurse threw was missing chunks and parts of it were falling off to the side, suggesting a lack of density.

I don't get you mean by "chunks were missing". The rock was completely solid until it broke apart when it hit Thor. And there was nothing falling off it except small grains of dust, which is entirely normal given that it had just been torn out of the ground.

Still impressive since it's by far the best MCU strength feat.

Not really. Hulk's Leviathan feat is on a similar wavelength, and even War Machine comfortably lifted 60 tons, so... NO!

If you genuinely believe the boulder Kurse threw is 4x times heavier than the first boulder I linked at the beginning

Look, dude, if you have a problem, contact Paragonnate. He's the one who calced the boulder. I happen to agree with him, and even a number of DC fans agreed with him as well. Don't shoot the messenger...

sleeping_and_eating

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scipio123 said:

@sleeping_and_eating:

The people at spacebattles even explained their calcs.

They also said that Hulk is an 8-tonner. That would make him significantly weaker than War Machine. So forgive me for not being convinced by their logic, unless you also believe that War Machine>>>>>>>Hulk lol.

The people at spacebattles NEVER once said or implied Hulk was an 8-tonner. They just said that the tank he threw was only 8 tons.

Again I remind you here is a 100 ton boulder...

If you look closely at that photo, you can see that a regular woman is half the height of that rock. The rock Kurse threw was at least 1.5-2 times his height. And given that Kurse is siginificantly taller than a regular human, that puts the rock's weight at a LOT more than a hundred tons.

Not quite, Kurse with his knees slightly bent is about 2m so the height of the rock being about 2.2 times his height would make it about 14.5 ft tall and 23ft long. The boulder I posted had a height, width, and length of 11ft, l0ft, and 22ft respectively. So not that far off of the 14.5ft height and 23ft length of the boulder Kurse threw. Also if you look at the photo again the woman is not half the height of the boulder like you said, as the boulder was on a hill below the group of people and not lying on a flat surface. If the bottom of her feet were lying on a surface that was level to the bottom of the rock, you would see she would be less than half the height of the rock. IF the boulder Kurse threw was indeed heavier than 100 tons then it's not much. The group photo of the boulder is certainly close enough in size to the rock Kurse threw. There's no way the weight difference between the two is greater than 50 tons.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Actually, posting that photo (again) only strengthens my argument. Kurse is significantly larger than a human male and the boulder he threw was even larger when compared to him than this one was when compared to a human. Sure, this boulder is taller than Kurse's one, but it's also narrower, so they are actually quite comparable.

Read my previous explanation about the comparison with the boulder's size and Kurse's height/size. The boulder in front of the man is known as Levitated Mass and is 340 tons. Again it's clearly larger than the one Kurse threw. Levitated mass is 340 tons and is 21.5 ft tall, 21.5 ft wide, and about 16ft long and most definitely bigger than the boulder thrown by Kurse.

https://www.lacma.org/sites/default/files/Levitated%20Mass%20press%20backgrounder%205.30.12.pdf

There's no way it's lighter than the one thrown by Kurse.

Not to mention the one Kurse threw was missing chunks and parts of it were falling off to the side, suggesting a lack of density.

I don't get you mean by "chunks were missing". The rock was completely solid until it broke apart when it hit Thor. And there was nothing falling off it except small grains of dust, which is entirely normal given that it had just been torn out of the ground.

What I meant was that the boulder Kurse throw was not a smooth rock. Typically rocks that are extremely heavy and dense have a smooth surface which points towards having a strong composition and high density. They typically don't "leak" or spill/lose smaller chunks, sediment, and debris when they break. Whenever rocks that are extremely dense are broken, the exposed surface of the rock where the break occured is still smooth and relatively even depending on the break. If you look back, you'll see that Kurse's boulder did not have a smooth uniform surface as it was filled with gaps, divets, and chunks missing, which always points towards the boulder having a lower desnity and thus lighter weight.

Still impressive since it's by far the best MCU strength feat.

Not really. Hulk's Leviathan feat is on a similar wavelength, and even War Machine comfortably lifted 60 tons, so... NO!

Yes it really is the greatest strength feat. Again on the spacebattles link I posted, one of the users gave a solid calc for the Leviathan punch. The force of the punch came out to be a 255 ton punch with about 18MJ of kinetic energy behind it https://www.reddit.com/r/theydidthemath/comments/4p8tcz/request_conversion_between_newtons_and_joules_in/. Kurse's boulder toss on the other hand had him applying 4,952 tons of force to launch the rock over 120m with 45MJ of kinetic energy https://forums.spacebattles.com/threads/marvel-cinematic-universe-feat-thread.338412/ (bottom of the page). That is easily the most impressive pure strength feat.

If you genuinely believe the boulder Kurse threw is 4x times heavier than the first boulder I linked at the beginning

Look, dude, if you have a problem, contact Paragonnate. He's the one who calced the boulder. I happen to agree with him, and even a number of DC fans agreed with him as well. Don't shoot the messenger...

You're right my bad. I just feel both sides of the argument are either lowballing (boulder was 25-50 tons!) or highballing (boulder was 400-500 tons!) Kurse's strentgh.

Galactic_1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

R.I.P. the Avengers.

Shouvik89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team DCEU slaughterstomps. Even though Scarlett Witch and Strange can cause trouble, they don't have the reaction speed to cast anything on Zod's team.

nobunaga101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Amu0003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@watcher5000: they can hv (heat vision) her from very long distance

playerx-tr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avengers dies

KeyboardThug9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

avengers die horribly

TheWatcherKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185  Edited By TheWatcherKing

@amu0003 said:

@watcher5000: they can hv (heat vision) her from very long distance

they didn't get HV instantly

Amu0003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scipio123: faora had a sensory overload which any kryptonian can overcome.

Chris-Sama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's possible if time is on the avengers side and Wanda has time to mind rape them from a distance then she makes them fight each other

DREDDfull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

yes Nam-Ek was KO'ed by a missile, Supes knocked out by an exploding Oil Rig

and Kryptonians are weak against magic?

Wanda, Hulk, and Thor can beat maybe 1 kryptonian by working together. The other 2 kill em.

all depends who is on the team, Vision can hack their ships, Strange would possibly solo

https://static4.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11/118136/4407183-sif.jpg

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11123/111232312/5261063-captain-america-civil-war-giant-man.jpg

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11125/111256920/5447519-6570724806-ghost.jpg

https://68.media.tumblr.com/758237e16ae0d79343237e3f78423ef0/tumblr_oj4dbiCjvI1uj8289o1_500.gif

AngelJax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They don't

Their only chance is for Doctor Strange to BFR them

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Round 1 yes the Avengers got it.

Round 2 everyone dies with the exception of Hulk and Thor( and they are barely holding on to their last breathes).

Round 3 the Avengers can take it due to Dr.Strange Time Stone and dumping people in the Mirror Dimension.

Superhero24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avengers stomp round one. Avengers win round 2 in a close fight. Round 3 also goes to the Avengers. DS uses the stone or sends him to the mirror dimension. The end.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They die horrible deaths every round

Avatar image for thelastdragonborn
TheLastDragonborn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points