How long does AOTC Kenobi last against Mace Windu?

Kewis42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll How long does AOTC Kenobi last against Mace Windu? (25 votes)

Mace one shots 12%
less than 30 secs 48%
30 seconds to 1 minute 32%
1-3 minutes 4%
3+ minutes 4%
Obi Wan wins 0%

So in AOTC Anakin claims Kenobi "as powerful as Master Windu". I think we can pretty much all agree here that this isn't the case, AOTC Kenobi never seemed very impressive to me at least, and his ROTS self is >>>> his AOTC self. However it made me wonder how long would a fight between them actually last.

Battle takes place where Obi Wan and Anakin originally fought Dooku.

• 
DarthAdi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is this ROTS Windu?

ScotticusRex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Roughly as long as he did against Dooku, or possibly less.

Kewis42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthadi said:

Is this ROTS Windu?

AOTC, though I have no idea how big the power gap between ROTS and AOTC Windu is.

Avatar image for thebluedragon20
thebluedragon20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

About as long as he did against dooku, a little less if mace isn't playing.

Rots Kenobi might be able to pull off a few wins, or even a small majority

Grinningf0x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As long as Windu wants him to

DirtyLuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

First of all, I think Windu's growth wasn't that immense as Kenobi's or Skywalker's was. I reckon during AoTC he was still more powerful and skilled than base-RoTS Anakin. Perhaps he added the skill of an average Jedi Knight like Bultar Swan or Nahdar Vebb on top, if you get my meaning. He grew but not as massively as others. As for the actual Thread:

In a friendly sparring match, probably several minutes.

In a fight with morals off, perhaps 20 seconds.

In a normal All-Out battle, just under 1 minute, around as long as he lasted against Dooku, with the fact added that Mace wouldn't toy with him as the Count did.

Avatar image for deutschkurzhaar
DeutschKurzhaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By DeutschKurzhaar

Kenobi wins in under 2 minutes, people have to remember you can’t use his fight with palpatine with this battle as mace’s vaapad reflects the dark side when fighting sith. It would be much more ineffective fighting a Jedi

Avatar image for deactivated-6098713be0993
deactivated-6098713be0993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AOTC Mace? Around the same length as Dooku, maybe a little longer on account of the fact that Dooku is stronger than Mace at this point.

Avatar image for deactivated-6034d0d6dcbf4
deactivated-6034d0d6dcbf4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He lasted around 30 secs against a toying Dooku. He would last even less against a serious Windu.

Avatar image for deactivated-60f8725e36989
deactivated-60f8725e36989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AOTC: Dooku is > Windu during AOTC, but I'd still say 30 seconds, because I firmly believe Dooku could have one shot if he tried against Kenobi, similar to how Anakin got one shot.

ROTS: Windu one shots.

GangOrca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Windu was a little below Dooku at this point in time but Dooku, while toying around, defeated Kenobi with ease. A serious Mace should do the same as fast, if not faster.

KrisBishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Less than 30 secs if Mace is serious.

DirtyLuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By DirtyLuna

@deutschkurzhaar: What? Mace is still easily the strongest CW-era Jedi after Yoda. AoTC Kenobi is good but not anywhere near the top Jedi at that time. Mace cannot draw on Vaapad's true power but it's still its own style, basically Juyo advanced. Even if he wouldn't be allowed to use the Vaapad, he could simply employ basic Juyo, which is still vastly more powerful than AoTC Obi-Wan's Soresu. It's also implied that Mace has studied all other six Forms extensively, so he's got those to fall back on as well. AoTC Kenobi doesn't stand a chance against either AoTC or RoTS Mace.

Wesat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Less than 30 secs

FloLikeYou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

As most pointed out, this would go just as long as Obi‘s fight with Dooku. While it’s arguable that Dooku is superior to Mace during that time, Mace would also not play with Kenobi (like Dooku did) so that would compensate that.

FloLikeYou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Lol at AOTC Kenobi defeating Mace...

G_Race

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mace is a serious customer who only plays to win. If vs Dooku was a minute then it is 45 seconds. Only because the Count likes to make sure someone he battles knows it's hopeless against him. Also, I have Dooku as the superior saber combatant to Windu for those curious..

Avatar image for deutschkurzhaar
DeutschKurzhaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dirtyluna: and kenobi would fall directly under mace in that order, I agree. I’m not saying kenobi indefinitely wins, im saying that there is absolutely quite a few scenarios in which kenobi comes out on top. And it is true at this point kenobi is still a Jedi knight but he is still top tier below mace and yoda. And actually that’s not true, in AOTC kenobi still uses ataru like his former master qui gon and that’s the only reason he lost to dooku was because he knew all his moves since dooku was qui gons master.

DirtyLuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There is no possible scenario in my mind in which Mace falls for AoTC Kenobi. Mace is just better overall, in every category. As for Dooku vs Obi-Wan, your wrong, Obi-Wan began studying Soresu after Qui-Gon's death in TPM and only kept Ataru as a fall-back option. He probably used both Forms against Dooku but the Count was so far ahead of him that it wouldn't have mattered which Form he employed. I'm not sure what the AoTC novelization has to say about that particular fight but after TPM, Obi-Wan's primary technique was Soresu.