How in the world does MCU Carol put down DCEU Supes?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

death4bunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@DammeFavour:

——

I agree it lines up with Ironman cutting him, but I disagree that this is significantly below kryptoniam striking.

——

I think Zod and Clark were rocked and hurt near the point of injury from eatchothers punches, as evidenced by the script, cannon book, and I think on screen(they didn’t seem to enjoy being hit).

——-

I think we are once again running into a visuals problem, Zach Snyder did a great job with showing the power of these characters, and that stuff can be quantified fairly easily, however I don’t think this automatically put them above other fights with different visuals. An example that get thrown around a lot is some Goku punches that did zero environmental damage and had little to no knockback.

——-

I think given the bruising that you showed be we can reasonably scale CM above Hulk and Mjolnir in striking.

——-

Also notice that Hermès suggested we wait until CM actually damages a high tier before making high tier comparisons; I think with the bruising you found it’s clear that she has hurt at least one high tier with non bullrush punches.

death4bunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hermes1220:

Can you show me where I find the bruises before the CM scene?

Avatar image for deactivated-5da34d881775d
deactivated-5da34d881775d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@death4bunnies: the novel took many liberties. Alot of things are contradicted by the actual movie. And yes it is significantly below kryptonian striking, these people were launching other hard enough to derail 500 tons of train from miles away and standing up like nothing with no scratch whatsoever, hell even a fall from orbit couldn't even disorient them.

Why would they enjoy being hit? Point is their durability far exceeds their striking capabilities and their striking capabilities have proven to be quite high, the only person to come close to kryptonian striking in the MCU was kurse and that completely laid thor out.

It's not about different visuals, its consistent visual used across this medium, dcau used it, emh used it, animated avengers series used it, hell even the matrix used it. These are characters that dont weigh more than 500 pounds, if they're not bracing, they are supposed to be launched far and like I said even the MCU has used it, but the heroes couldn't handle it, kurse laid thor out, thanos power stone punch did the same to Carol and that punch was nowhere close to the one doomsday hit clark with.

Point is trying to come up with excuses is pointless, I mean you wouldn't claim the punch 2009 diana hit ares with is in the same range as thanos' punches, because they hurt thor, dude that's always left bleeding in every movie

Avatar image for indomitableregal
IndomitableRegal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She punch him real good. You see.

death4bunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By death4bunnies

@death4bunnies: the novel took many liberties. Alot of things are contradicted by the actual movie. And yes it is significantly below kryptonian striking, these people were launching other hard enough to derail 500 tons of train from miles away and standing up like nothing with no scratch whatsoever, hell even a fall from orbit couldn't even disorient them.

Why would they enjoy being hit? Point is their durability far exceeds their striking capabilities and their striking capabilities have proven to be quite high, the only person to come close to kryptonian striking in the MCU was kurse and that completely laid thor out.

It's not about different visuals, its consistent visual used across this medium, dcau used it, emh used it, animated avengers series used it, hell even the matrix used it. These are characters that dont weigh more than 500 pounds, if they're not bracing, they are supposed to be launched far and like I said even the MCU has used it, but the heroes couldn't handle it, kurse laid thor out, thanos power stone punch did the same to Carol and that punch was nowhere close to the one doomsday hit clark with.

Point is trying to come up with excuses is pointless, I mean you wouldn't claim the punch 2009 diana hit ares with is in the same range as thanos' punches, because they hurt thor, dude that's always left bleeding in every movie

I disagree about them being hurt being contradicted, again they seemed hurt/phased to me...and the book, and the script.

-----

Again just different visual styles, Thanos vs Hulk for example did little to no damage, the focus wasnt on the VFX, but on the fact that this guy was beating up hulk.

-----

Are you claiming that 2009 Diana hits harder than Thanos?

Your last paragraph is a little unclear.

Avatar image for getsugatenshoha
GetsugatenshoHA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@death4bunnies: um....where did you see them getting injured in the script? The book is contradicted, its fact considering there are scenes in the book that are not even included in the movie.

Doesn't really matter what you think the intent is, most of the hit was to pressure points anyway, focus is always on the visual literally everywhere else unless its the MCU for some denial.

Yea 2009 diana hits harder than thanos because of how far we see her punch ares. Unless they weigh tons, distance and the speed at which they clear the distance is the best way to measure power. I mean if you can only punch as far as a human that weighs as much as you, that's not impressive is it?

death4bunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@DammeFavour said:

@death4bunnies: um....where did you see them getting injured in the script? The book is contradicted, its fact considering there are scenes in the book that are not even included in the movie.

Doesn't really matter what you think the intent is, most of the hit was to pressure points anyway, focus is always on the visual literally everywhere else unless its the MCU for some denial.

Yea 2009 diana hits harder than thanos because of how far we see her punch ares. Unless they weigh tons, distance and the speed at which they clear the distance is the best way to measure power. I mean if you can only punch as far as a human that weighs as much as you, that's not impressive is it?

Oh come now, there are plenty of fiction punches way above Dianas that provided zero knock back.

Diana hits harder than she hulk, or WWH because, muh knockback??

No Caption Provided

Or does MCU Thor hit harder than she Hulk because he could hit Hulk further away??

----

No I dont think so.

I think its cool to quantify a feat based on its own visuals, but it dont think the lack of specific visuals discount other universes feats.

For example, I can show a bunch of characters going faster than mach speed, but without the mach cone visual that Zack Snyder favors, do you think the lack of a mach cone means they didnt go mach speed??

----

I think claiming DCEU Diana hits harder than MCU Thanos is where im gonna have to bow out and say agree to disagree.

Avatar image for chuggachugga170
chuggachugga170

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@death4bunnies: she hulk's punch doesnt have any sonic booms, its weak im afraid to say

Avatar image for indomitableregal
IndomitableRegal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By takenstew22  Moderator

@godsvileanddarkwing said:

Has Captain Marvel shown any light speed feat or the strength to separate the Mother Boxes which can lay waste to the entire planet? If not, she doesn't stand a chance at beating Superman.

Please for the love of god don't tell me you think DCEU Supes is lightspeed and planet level.

Avatar image for godsvileanddarkwing
GodsVileandDarkwing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@takenstew22 said:

Has Captain Marvel shown any light speed feat or the strength to separate the Mother Boxes which can lay waste to the entire planet? If not, she doesn't stand a chance at beating Superman.

Please for the love of god don't tell me you think DCEU Supes is lightspeed and planet level.

It was stated by the movie guidebook that Superman's heat vision is light speed and he can casually blitzes relativistic+ characters who can react to his heat vision. Planet level comes from Batman making a direct quote in the movie that if Superman gets revived by the Mother Box, he will become stronger than the planet they are in.

death4bunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 takenstew22  Moderator

@takenstew22 said:

It was stated by the movie guidebook that Superman's heat vision is light speed and he can casually blitzes relativistic+ characters who can react to his heat vision. Planet level comes from Batman making a direct quote in the movie that if Superman gets revived by the Mother Box, he will become stronger than the planet they are in.

Loading Video...

Avatar image for godsvileanddarkwing
GodsVileandDarkwing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Germangod1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Germangod1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@godsvileanddarkwing:

Did Batman say "become"?

Honest question.

No Caption Provided

Ok but i can also say this exagerated statement of Brie Larson ( who didn't even know what the f*ck she was talking about because Cap Marvel isn't even that strong in comics as Binary ) Cap Marvel could move planets. Those are statements out of context

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@death4bunnies: so what's that around them? I'm assuming you understand people can brace right? So if the energy cant push through the opponent, it spreads around causing shockwaves resulting in environmental damage

Well yeah, sonic booms indicate faster than sound speed in modern media, even thor has shown one while running from surtur's dragon.

She definitely does headbutt harder than him, who said she hit harder anyway?

Gokluma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Carol couldn't do anything to slow brute like Thanos then i'm sure Superman will stomp this chick.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f5eba8f0a2dd
deactivated-5f5eba8f0a2dd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wonder that as well. Her punches didn't do anything to Thanos (straight up no sold them).

Erkan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#122  Edited By Erkan12

@getsugatenshoha said:

@erkan12: you’re obviously delusional. Carol hasn’t done anything impressive combat wise except tank a headbutt. Faora destroys her

Who is delusional lmao.

DCEU Krytonians have no business with one-shotting alien tech spaceships in space with ease;

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-61a1b6940ec47
deactivated-61a1b6940ec47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She doesn’t, cause she can’t

Avatar image for deactivated-5db2186c976f3
deactivated-5db2186c976f3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for onlyoneempereor
OnlyOneEmpereor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She clearly doesn't stand a chance.

death4bunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@DammeFavour:

I can show a bunch more instances of powerful punches with no knock back or shockwave.

——

It’s a FX choice, and tho it’s cool, the lack of knock back or shockwave doesn’t mean the punch was weak.

——

There are other ways for artists to show that a character is powerful, and one of those is by showing a character defeat another character with established durability.

——-

Saying that punches without knock back or shockwaves are weak, seems like your looking for a specific artists FX in every other artists work, and claiming ‘not powerful’ because they didn’t show it in the same manner.

———

——-

OT: I think busting large spacecraft and bruising Thanos shows she can damage Clark.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e37510e25a10
deactivated-5e37510e25a10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@death4bunnies: When he fights Wanda and pins her. When Wasp, Rescue, and Shuri hit him with that beam thing. When Wanda tk crushes him. Pretty much any scene that has a close up of his face. I was wondering if the one next to his was from her. But it’s there as well.

And let’s say she did hurt Thanos. It’s like saying IM can one shot anyone because he cut Thanos. To people who have arguably higher durability than him it won’t do anything. If the best we can argue is that she’ll maybe give Clark a black eye then that’s not enough to suggest she’ll win when considering his other advantages. But this is only if she bruised Thanos. Which she did not.

If we consider the fact that SM no sold over 10k tons of force when he hit the mountain then I really don’t think she can hurt him.

death4bunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hermes1220:

I’ll have to look at those scenes when I get to my computer.

——

I wasn’t suggesting she could oneshot, nor do I think that’s what the poll is asking.

——

I do think she can injure Clark with a sustained beating, or a neck snap I guess.

——

I just think when we take into consideration her feats of flying though large metal spaceships, and look at her performance against Thanos, she seems to have some high tier striking.

About on the level(or above) of Hulk, and Mjolnir.

——

Also I think CMs feats of busting large metal spaceships is about on par with Clark flying through a mountain.

Germangod1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I change my mind Cavill Supes beats her but only because of MoS movie feats

Erkan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Germangod1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@erkan12 said:

@germangod1: Definitely.

Loading Video...

So u use only completely unexperienced version of supes without even knowing his true abilities ? I can also use her power dampened version where she only can survive atmosphere entrance and some energy projectiles and that's all. Supes would then use truck smashing feat

Nucleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By Nucleon

@olubummo said:

@wardevil:

LOL, i hope you know that Doomsday is also a Kryptonian in a way, kryptonians are Fast and have Combat Speed!!!

Am very sure Doomsday has the Combat Speed to match Superman Combat Speed, which Carol doesn't have.

Doomsday is not Carol, carol doesn't have the Combat Speed to contend with Superman.

All of what you write has foundation in your head, but none at all if we take the movies as evidence. DC fans, stop trying to sell us a TOAA Superman that exists but in your heads. I'd rather buy a bridge in Brooklyn.

Neither DCEU Superman nor DD were particularly fast in combat speed.

Erkan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By Erkan12

@germangod1: ''Unexperienced'' :))

DCEU Kryptonians were very experienced before fighting with Supes right? :))

But they must very experienced to do this...

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Nucleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@death4bunnies: she hulk's punch doesnt have any sonic booms, its weak im afraid to say

The goal of a punch isn't to produces mach cones and knockback - It's to hurt, disable or kill you foe. What you want here, is more punches with enhanced secondary, esthetical effect but less primary efficiency? To each his own, then.

nightgate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@godsvileanddarkwing:

Did Batman say "become"?

Honest question.

No Caption Provided

Ok but i can also say this exagerated statement of Brie Larson ( who didn't even know what the f*ck she was talking about because Cap Marvel isn't even that strong in comics as Binary ) Cap Marvel could move planets. Those are statements out of context

Not really, one statement is in universe and sort of supported by showings and implications. The other is the statement of the actor, who, by your own admission, knows next to nothing about her character.

Germangod1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@germangod1 said:

@godsvileanddarkwing:

Did Batman say "become"?

Honest question.

No Caption Provided

Not really, one statement is in universe and sort of supported by showings and implications. The other is the statement of the actor, who, by your own admission, knows next to nothing about her character.

Sorry, i changed my mind because has done more research. But i wouldn't really trait this implication word by word like truly planet+lvl strenght or durability but extremely strong

nightgate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nightgate said:
@germangod1 said:

@godsvileanddarkwing:

Did Batman say "become"?

Honest question.

No Caption Provided

Sorry, i changed my mind because has done more research. But i wouldn't really trait this implication word by word like truly planet+lvl strenght or durability but extremely strong

I don’t take it word by word. But if we use MCU logic then Supes is planetary+ and Steppy is planetary++

Avatar image for chuggachugga170
chuggachugga170

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nucleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142  Edited By Nucleon

@olubummo: Yes, the Flash has combat speed; Wonder Woman too, by inconsistant bursts, but still, what she displays in those bursts is genuine combat speed.

Superman, on the other hand, has slomeau. Like in that gif with Steppenwolf; Thor, for one, has done this at least twice against the Hulk; Twist around the incoming blow, and deliver a hit of his own (which is more than what Supes did, once - nobody ever missed him apart for SW, this very time). And the Hulk is pretty damn fast too, all of the time; Incredible reflexes, no need for slomeau.

Superman, if you remember, failed to tag the Flash in the infamous JL battle, hitting things he didn't intended instead. On the other hand, he was tagged by the very first attempt the Flash did, no matter if he was de-stabilized and backwards-running: Conclusion? Superman's got travel speed that he applies to combat in the form of a bullrush; He also got great reflexes, but next to no (successful) use of combat speed; DCEU Batman can place like 3 hits the time Superman only places one, no matter the mach cones that comes with it.

As for Carol, she clerly demonstrated (successful) combat speed when she prevented Thanos from doing the snap in EG. Yeah, it wasn't obvious given the weird way it was shot, but still.

And may peace be with you too, my far-located brother/sister. =)

The_Gaurdian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143  Edited By The_Gaurdian

She can't. If she couldn't put down a wounded and tired Thanos then All probably wouldn't even have a single hair out of place after fighting her

The_Gaurdian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She can't. If she couldn't put down a wounded and tired Thanos then Kal probably wouldn't even have a single hair out of place after fighting her

Nucleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146  Edited By Nucleon

@olubummo: No: Slomeau isn't combat speed - It's just a cinematic technique, not a power from the character but one from the director. Even old cowboys can have their time in slomeau - doesn't make them any faster.

Another thing: Neither Superman, nor WW perceive things in slomeau - Why, That would be time-stopping, not super-speed. The Flash, I don't know since there is supernatural in his powersource.

In the Flash/Superman "fight", a regular energy blast would have tag the Flash where Superman failed. How come every fight here on the 'Vine turns into a race?

Finally - what, you don't accept the fact that Cap Marvel demonstrated super (maybe over Superman's scale) combat speed when she prevented Thanos from doing the snap?

BladeOfFury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

is everyone seeing this new format?

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 takenstew22  Moderator
Aristeaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nucleon said:

@olubummo: No: Slomeau isn't combat speed - It's just a cinematic technique, not a power from the character but one from the director. Even old cowboys can have their time in slomeau - doesn't make them any faster.

Another thing: Neither Superman, nor WW perceive things in slomeau - Why, That would be time-stopping, not super-speed. The Flash, I don't know since there is supernatural in his powersource.

In the Flash/Superman "fight", a regular energy blast would have tag the Flash where Superman failed. How come every fight here on the 'Vine turns into a race?

Finally - what, you don't accept the fact that Cap Marvel demonstrated super (maybe over Superman's scale) combat speed when she prevented Thanos from doing the snap?

Superman literally perceived flash in "slomeau". Not sure what you are on about. Its also not at all time stopping.

Marvel has not shown anything even remotely on the level of Clark. She is not as strong, not as fast, and is terrible at her job.

Stopping Thanos from snapping is cool and all, but its not like Thanos is super fast with the snap. Also, She was at best 30 feet away. That distance is childsplay. Fairly certain Steve could have done that. Wow... Exciting combat speeds.

Lets also not forget the Social Justice Women Warriors scene... where a bunch of low level female characters were able to keep up with Marvel... But shes so fast right?

WarDevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nucleon said:

Superman literally perceived flash in "slomeau". Not sure what you are on about. Its also not at all time stopping.

Marvel has not shown anything even remotely on the level of Clark. She is not as strong, not as fast, and is terrible at her job.

Stopping Thanos from snapping is cool and all, but its not like Thanos is super fast with the snap. Also, She was at best 30 feet away. That distance is childsplay. Fairly certain Steve could have done that. Wow... Exciting combat speeds.

Lets also not forget the Social Justice Women Warriors scene... where a bunch of low level female characters were able to keep up with Marvel... But shes so fast right?

lol you sound a bit salty when women get a scene. anyway, they didn't " keep up with her" they worked together for a purpose. Big difference. And if we are still talking about speed, lets consider her light speed travel (Possibly faster). Imagine having to navigate the cosmos at that speed and not hit asteroids, planets, other ships ect ect. That alone puts anything DC has to shame. Once we see Superman or flash travel that speed, then we can argue who is faster.

Lastly...batman would agree that if anyone was terrible at their job, it's superman. Metropolis still remembers lol