• 106 results
Posted by SaltySultan (261 posts) 12 days, 11 hours ago

Poll: How fast is the SDS verse and the God Tiers? (55 votes)

FTE 7%
Supersonic 0%
Supersonic+ 2%
Hypersonic 2%
Hypersonic+ 2%
High Hypersonic 9%
MHS 9%
MHS+ (Lightning timing) 27%
MHS++ 27%
Sub-Rel 2%
Sub-rel+ 4%
Relativsitic 5%
Lightspeed 9%
Omnipresent 15%

Speed in NNT is quite a hot topic. Some believe the verse is only at lightning timing based on feats, others believe it is easily quad digit mach based on scaling. Others use Galands feat to reach high MHS+ NNT and others say that it is neither based on a consistent amount of antifeats.

What do you think?

This poll is for the top speed in the verse, not the overall speed of the characters.

#101 Edited by ourmanuel (9404 posts) - - Show Bio

@hope_w: disregard everything I just said.

Even with proper math, the time for their fight would still be aroun 0.04-0.06 seconds at most.

I and others disagreed with the manner in which you got that number(streak gave the reasoning above), but after looking at a graph, it seems the end result won’t chnage much.

Still, that’s about 2 times more than you had initially claimed

#102 Edited by Hope_w (2597 posts) - - Show Bio

@streak619: Seeing as the cup is solely under the effects of gravity(thus the direct definition of freefall) which like you just said the earth with accelerate ANY object at 9 MPS, you're very much so running yourself in circles here. It seems you're just arguing with me to argue with me, could it simply be im using whole numbers instead to avoid extra math?

I've clarified over several times what I meant to do and and by god it shouldnt take a physical science class to understand it.

#103 Edited by Hope_w (2597 posts) - - Show Bio

Still, that’s about 2 times more than you had initially claimed

Wow, that's it. Being civil clearly doesn't work on intentional ignorance So you mean to tell me I'm at fault for something tha you simply couldn't understand?

Freefall speed is 9 Meters per second or 29.5 fps which would mean the fight happened in roughly 0.03 seconds if we're using the halfway point where it began of a single foot, double that to get the time of the Full length drop, halve that to get the quarter length sequences.

My god what do I have to do read the damn argument to you myself? These boards are total trash, I need to meet someone like myself here because it's like a lighthouse in a storm basically.

#104 Posted by shirso (3684 posts) - - Show Bio

@hope_w: Acceleration is not velocity dude. Distance/Acceleration not equal to time. So you can't divide 2ft by 9.8, 9 or whatever to arrive at a time.

Because 9.8m/s^2 is earth's gravitational accelerationnot speed.
I am seriously doubting now whether you even know the difference between acceleration and speed.

#105 Edited by ourmanuel (9404 posts) - - Show Bio

R

@shirso said:

@hope_w: Acceleration is not velocity dude. Distance/Acceleration not equal to time. So you can't divide 2ft by 9.8, 9 or whatever to arrive at a time.

Because 9.8m/s^2 is earth's gravitational accelerationnot speed.

I am seriously doubting now whether you even know the difference between acceleration and speed.

This this this

@hope_w you’re missing the point.

If you did the math correctly, your result would be different(but close enough)

No Caption Provided

The y-axis is distance in feet

The x-axis is time in seconds

To drop from table-top to 1 foot(the halfway point where the battle properly begins) it would take about 0.177 seconds

To drop from the halfway point(1 foot) to when Mel caught it(either 1.5 or 1.75 feet) it would take either:

0.234 - 0.177 = 0.057 or 0.6 seconds low end(likely when caught it)

0.216 - 0.177 = 0.04 seconds high end(likely when the battle ended)

A 2 foot drop wouldve taken about 0.25 seconds.

Damn it man, you’ve made me resort to using vsbattles tier calcs for things like this.

Your result isn’t the problem but rather the way you did it. That’s the real reason why we’re disagreeing with you, people got confused by your method(which is wrong).

#106 Edited by Hope_w (2597 posts) - - Show Bio

Freefall =/= Terminal Velocity

Acceleration is nothing but a measure in the change of velocity, irrelevant when measuring freefall.

And last but not least the 5th grade common knowledge that Time = D/S:

No Caption Provided

So not only did you not read my response, you're arguing with me over something I never claimed and are proving it to be to difficult to understand simple multiplication and division. Claims I don't know the difference between acceleration and velocity yet fails to realize no force is being exerted on said object, thus freefall.

Jaw dropping incompetence that should be in all cases bannable.

#107 Posted by LeoTheGreatest (3762 posts) - - Show Bio

Come on guys the cup was obviously falling at light speed.

#108 Edited by SaltySultan (261 posts) - - Show Bio

@hope_w: Thanks for posting these scans and reasoning, I like the way you have presented your arguments and I find myself agreeing with you.

@shirso@ourmanuel I fail to see what both of your problems are with his post, read it again and it makes complete perfect sense. The argument is based on how Nakaba choses to present speed in NNT and how he draws his fights.

#109 Posted by TheEmperor95 (1121 posts) - - Show Bio

Lmao at meliodas having millisecond or picosecond move speed. Even based it off going FTE to actual high end human perceptions.

Going by that logic SS arc kenpachi (not known for speed) would be mach 6.7k lol

#110 Posted by Hope_w (2597 posts) - - Show Bio

Yea, 'picosecond' Meliodas. Holy crap this is an unnesecary handful.

#111 Posted by TheEmperor95 (1121 posts) - - Show Bio

@hope_w: like I said that would make SS arc kenpachi at least mach 7k

https://www.mangareader.net/bleach/103/11

https://www.mangareader.net/bleach/103/13

That's him blitzing ichigo like he's a legit statue. If we use your basis for a calcs and only have it at the "low" end. That's at the very least 40 meters in .012 seconds

That leads to 7745 mph. Does that make any sense to you?

#112 Posted by Hope_w (2597 posts) - - Show Bio

@theemperor95: except not only do you have no basis of ichigos speed like I clearly do Meliodas with an on panel stated timeframe you have absolutely no sound logic of how you ended up with mach 7k nor is mach 7k anywhere near picosecond timing. That's legitimate plot amped wally west speed levels.

#113 Edited by ourmanuel (9404 posts) - - Show Bio

@saltysultan said:

@shirso@ourmanuel I fail to see what both of your problems are with his post, read it again and it makes complete perfect sense. The argument is based on how Nakaba choses to present speed in NNT and how he draws his fights.

We were specifically talking about the teacup feat. His result was kinda correct, but the way he got to it was wrong. Im guessing most people didn’t calc it themselves so when they saw his calc, even if the result was correct they wouldn’t have known but instead would have focused on the glaring error that he made in his method.

His arrogance is just blinding him to the fact that he’s wrong, and instead he prefers to throw insults lmao.

#114 Posted by TheEmperor95 (1121 posts) - - Show Bio

@hope_w: ichigo speed was based on the actual human perception that you used in your calc. I don't need his speed just what the peak human perception is.

Also this is kenpachi during SS arc. He was arguably the slowest captain in the arc. Not to mention bleach characters get way faster after this

#115 Posted by katanalauncher (3555 posts) - - Show Bio

MHS+, they don't really have feats to put them into sub-relativistic level as far as I'm aware.

#116 Edited by Hope_w (2597 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm sorry if I seem agitated by the you can't comprehend simple division even though it's been explained well over several times. It's just not within me to pity a fully capable human being.

If you're going to attempt to call someone on something by all means get it right.

#117 Posted by Sy8000 (34954 posts) - - Show Bio

Well Cruel Sun launched Estrossa 50km in what didn't look like more than a second. Meliodas and Escanor both reacted to Cruel Sun at point blank.

That's all I got.

#118 Posted by SevenDeadlyGOD (74 posts) - - Show Bio

faster than light