• 112 results
Posted by SaltySultan (261 posts) 16 days, 15 hours ago

Poll: How fast is the SDS verse and the God Tiers? (57 votes)

FTE 7%
Supersonic 0%
Supersonic+ 2%
Hypersonic 2%
Hypersonic+ 2%
High Hypersonic 9%
MHS 11%
MHS+ (Lightning timing) 28%
MHS++ 26%
Sub-Rel 2%
Sub-rel+ 4%
Relativsitic 5%
Lightspeed 9%
Omnipresent 14%

Speed in NNT is quite a hot topic. Some believe the verse is only at lightning timing based on feats, others believe it is easily quad digit mach based on scaling. Others use Galands feat to reach high MHS+ NNT and others say that it is neither based on a consistent amount of antifeats.

What do you think?

This poll is for the top speed in the verse, not the overall speed of the characters.

#1 Posted by shirso (3724 posts) - - Show Bio

Anybody who believes BoS Sins are anywhere near lightning timing is delusional

#2 Posted by Mr_Ingenuity (14658 posts) - - Show Bio

NNT is too inconsistent to scale everyone based on a few characters. With that power levels doesn't help anyone's case due to it not translating into speed, not that they should be used.

#3 Posted by Streak619 (7367 posts) - - Show Bio

The verse has 1 source of MHS feats, yet a plethora of indepedent and explicit on panel anti-feats that are objectively irrefutable.

It's too inconsistent.

#4 Edited by ovy7 (2307 posts) - - Show Bio

I won't be that surprised if the God-tiers would be around sub-rel by the end, but for now I'm going with MHS+/MHS++

#5 Posted by Jieldre (18 posts) - - Show Bio
#6 Posted by shirso (3724 posts) - - Show Bio

@jieldre: Too many anti feats. Too much scaling. Too inconsistent

#7 Posted by Jieldre (18 posts) - - Show Bio

@shirso: hehhh?? how is it ''too much'' when it is just BoS??

its logical that you would scale from meliodas and gilthunder,no??

#8 Posted by shirso (3724 posts) - - Show Bio

@jieldre: Exactly. All otye4 characters in series have no standalone feats and depend on scaling from the first 5 chapters. And BoS Mel has way too many anti feats for lightning timing to be consistent

#9 Posted by Jieldre (18 posts) - - Show Bio

@shirso said:

@jieldre: Exactly. All otye4 characters in series have no standalone feats and depend on scaling from the first 5 chapters. And BoS Mel has way too many anti feats for lightning timing to be consistent

what does them having no standalone feats have to do with anything?? if there is clear/proper scaling they dont need ''standalone'' feats.

what are Mels anti feats??

#10 Edited by SaltySultan (261 posts) - - Show Bio

@jieldre: Some antifeats.

Arthur being surprised by Mel being faster than sound

No Caption Provided

The gang taking like 0.5 seconds to get to the Demon Form Dale, Zel being knocked out for 0.8 seconds and Ludo not blitzing during that time, Mel and Griamore having a full fight in the time it takes for a cup to fall. That's it I believe.

Whether you think these discredit MHS+ NNT is up to you, they exist though; sadly.

Problem with NNT is that it's this guy blized that guy and that guy is slower than this guy who got blitzed by this guy. NNT has the same speed scaling Bleach has (NNT is more consistent though).

I hold the belief that BOS Sins are at least MHS.

#11 Edited by ourmanuel (9526 posts) - - Show Bio
#12 Edited by Emanresu_20 (2436 posts) - - Show Bio

@shirso:

Zeldris actually has a feat reacting to Light...

Not a light speed attack... light.

#13 Edited by Emanresu_20 (2436 posts) - - Show Bio

@saltysultan:

These are all from the beginning of the series before Male got his powered back.

#14 Posted by FaradaySloth (7691 posts) - - Show Bio

@ourmanuel: They threw like, 10-15 punches for an object likely falling at 9.8 m/s. Nowhere near MHS.

#15 Edited by ourmanuel (9526 posts) - - Show Bio

@faradaysloth: my point was mainly about their processing speed.

That entire fight would have occurred in about 0.6 seconds. It should be around low end MHS.

Edit: oops, I meant hypersonic, not MHS

#16 Edited by Streak619 (7367 posts) - - Show Bio

@ourmanuel: A hypersonic character would travel a few kilometers in 0.6s

#17 Posted by ourmanuel (9526 posts) - - Show Bio

@streak619: so what would you call that feat in terms of processing/combat?

#18 Posted by Streak619 (7367 posts) - - Show Bio

@ourmanuel: It's only a street tier feat unfortunately. It's at best FTE. And it's one of the many anti-feats that makes me distrust all the BoS lightning scaling.

#19 Posted by Sy8000 (34967 posts) - - Show Bio

@ourmanuel: It's only a street tier feat unfortunately. It's at best FTE. And it's one of the many anti-feats that makes me distrust all the BoS lightning scaling.

That's well above street level and performed casually so it couldn't be a low showing anyway given it wasn't his limit.

I can understand your line of reasoning but not using that instance to prove it.

#21 Posted by WorldofRuin6 (2122 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol @ street level BOS sins. At the slowest MHS. At the fastest MHS++.

#22 Posted by AlexTheBoss (16382 posts) - - Show Bio

@streak619: You call that an anti feat but a post time skip character that can run 100 km/hr in One Piece is considered fast is OK? One Piece has more strong anti feats than SDS, don’t be bias dude.

Zeldris’ ominous nebula attack is flat out stated to be FTL as well and directly stated to not be an exaggeration.

#23 Posted by Streak619 (7367 posts) - - Show Bio

@sy8000 said:
@streak619 said:

That's well above street level

Unless you think Mel's fist travelled many kilometers in that timeframe, it really isn't

and performed casually so it couldn't be a low showing anyway given it wasn't his limit.

If he was using 0.001% of his speed, sure.

I can understand your line of reasoning but not using that instance to prove it.

I see.

#24 Posted by Streak619 (7367 posts) - - Show Bio

@streak619: You call that an anti feat but a post time skip character that can run 100 km/hr in One Piece is considered fast is OK? One Piece has more strong anti feats than SDS, don’t be bias dude.

I haven't read OP, but nice try.

Zeldris’ ominous nebula attack is flat out stated to be FTL as well and directly stated to not be an exaggeration.

It was a mistranslation.

#25 Posted by FaradaySloth (7691 posts) - - Show Bio

NNT debating pulls a fast one saying Zeldris being FTL based on statements. I don't want to see any complaining if any other series does the same...

#26 Posted by AlexTheBoss (16382 posts) - - Show Bio

@streak619: I thought I was replying to Shirsio, lmao.

And how was it a mistranslation?

#27 Posted by AlexTheBoss (16382 posts) - - Show Bio

@faradaysloth: Zeldris isn’t FTL must his ominous nebula was (unless it was a mistranslation). Rudociel also has the power of light.

#28 Posted by AlexTheBoss (16382 posts) - - Show Bio

@shirso: read post 22, that was made for you.

Avatar image for man_of_miracles
#29 Posted by Man_of_Miracles (3425 posts) - - Show Bio

These "anti feats" are the type of thing that happen in pretty much every manga/comic ever.

We have multiple instances of BOS Mel casually reacting to cloud to ground lightening and only very weak "anti-feats" to refute that. Some aren't even anti feats.

You could find this stuff in any Manga. The idea that people in a manga must be constantly blitzing/acting at their full speed constantly is absurd. If that was the case Naruto and Bleach 's entire storyline should take place over the span of a couple days based on their speed.

#30 Posted by KingCrimson (5087 posts) - - Show Bio

@saltysultan: Arthur being surprised at Mel fighting faster than sound isn’t an anti-feat. The first flaw in that reasoning is that MHS is faster than sound, so it offers no contradiction.

Without modern science or google to tell you how fast light/lightning is, the only thing you can deduce from watching a lightning bolt and then hearing the thunder afterwards is that it’s faster than sound.

You could replace that scene with Arthur watching a lightning storm and coming to the same conclusion, it wouldn’t mean that light/lightning is just above supersonic.

#31 Posted by FaradaySloth (7691 posts) - - Show Bio

“If that was the case Naruto and Bleach 's entire storyline should take place over the span of a couple days based on their speed.”

Possibly one of the dumbest claims I have seen on this site. Most arcs DO take only a day or a little more, an entire storyline has nothing to do with their speed lmao.

#32 Posted by Helloman (27111 posts) - - Show Bio

Not fast enough.

#33 Posted by Gaoron (7862 posts) - - Show Bio

@alextheboss: Ominous nebula being FTL was a fan mistranlation, there was nothing about light speed in japanese and later official translations, all its said was "god-like speed" or something like that.

#35 Posted by Gaoron (7862 posts) - - Show Bio

MHS+, hypersonic if we ignore the lightning feat. NNT is probably the most inconsistent shounen when it comes to speed bar maybe Fairy Tail. It's all A blitzed B ABC scaling.

#36 Posted by ourmanuel (9526 posts) - - Show Bio

What is it with mangakas and “god-like speed”?

#37 Posted by SaltySultan (261 posts) - - Show Bio

@kingcrimson: To be honest I was playing devils advocate there, I don't think that any of those are true antifeats and you're completely correct.

#39 Posted by SaltySultan (261 posts) - - Show Bio

@ourmanuel: I still don't know if that is the actual translation, I still haven't received proof that it was a mistranslation honestly.

Obviously an outlier but still.

Avatar image for man_of_miracles
#40 Edited by Man_of_Miracles (3425 posts) - - Show Bio

@faradaysloth: There was a conversation the other day surrounding the amount of time it take people to perform actions based on their speed. My point was that the amount of time that characters take to perform basic actions has no bearing on their top level speed.

For example we see Bleach characters walking/jogging when they are in a hurry sometimes. Or when we see Naruto characters have drawn out conversations where they would logically get blitzed. Any one can see that actions like those are not reflective of their actual speed.

If that's one of the dumbest statements you have seen then you must not read many comments on here.

#41 Posted by Streak619 (7367 posts) - - Show Bio

@kingcrimson:

Arthur being surprised at Mel fighting faster than sound isn’t an anti-feat. The first flaw in that reasoning is that MHS is faster than sound, so it offers no contradiction.

He broke the sound barrier after he got serious. If he were high MHS like the fandom believes he was at that point then using around 0.3% of his speed would have been enough. But clearly it wasn't potrayed to be such a fodderish feat.

@streak619: I thought I was replying to Shirsio, lmao.

And how was it a mistranslation?

Official translation didn't mention FTL.

#42 Posted by KingCrimson (5087 posts) - - Show Bio

@streak619: That doesn’t change anything I’ve just said. That attack might of been Mach 30, it might of been Mach 300, it might of been Mach 3000.

The only objective conclusion that can be drawn from that feat is that Meliodas was moving above Mach 1. It’s not an anti-feat to him being MHS.

#43 Posted by WorldofRuin6 (2122 posts) - - Show Bio

@man_of_miracles: For example we see Bleach characters walking/jogging when they are in a hurry sometimes. Or when we see Naruto characters have drawn out conversations where they would logically get blitzed. Any one can see that actions like those are not reflective of their actual speed.

This is accurate. Along with DBS characters not crossing the ToP stage instantly, OP character taking time to cross islands, Naruto failing to react to kirin at VOTE, etc. There are a lot of speed inconsistencies that happen in fiction, and yet people ignore them.

#44 Posted by ovy7 (2307 posts) - - Show Bio

IIRC, there's also a feat from Monspier (?) where he throws a lance towards the Sins, 100 miles away, and they mention that the lance would hit them in 10 seconds, which puts the attack at mach 47.

#45 Posted by AlexTheBoss (16382 posts) - - Show Bio

@streak619: What did the official translation say then?

#46 Posted by Streak619 (7367 posts) - - Show Bio

@streak619: That doesn’t change anything I’ve just said. That attack might of been Mach 30, it might of been Mach 300, it might of been Mach 3000.

The only objective conclusion that can be drawn from that feat is that Meliodas was moving above Mach 1. It’s not an anti-feat to him being MHS.

The fact that he broke the sound barrier in and of itself is not what makes it an anti-feat. I acknowledge that MHS is faster than sound and that statement in and of itself is not an anti-feat. What makes it an anti-feat is the fact that he had to get bloodlusted to break the sound barrier. Meaning he couldn't break the sound barrier without using his absolute full speed. Which irrefutably contradicts him being high MHS.

#47 Posted by ourmanuel (9526 posts) - - Show Bio

@ovy7: you mean the lance that Mel caught and threw back at him?

#48 Edited by LeoTheGreatest (3864 posts) - - Show Bio

I have a feeling Gil’s lightning isn’t as fast as Natural lightning but if we say it is then NNT characters are definitely in the MHS ++ range.

Galans feat against Merlin is over exaggerated though, it’s definitely not a quad digit mach feat.

#49 Posted by Jko1 (2828 posts) - - Show Bio

Oooo I live these types of threads. Where to begin...

#50 Posted by FaradaySloth (7691 posts) - - Show Bio

This is likely the main reason why after rereading NNT I put them lower than what I originally had them. Why should I believe they can blitz characters from other series who have quantifiable speed feats?