How Far Does Shintaro Jagasaki Get In Tokyo Ghoul?

KillerQueen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Shintaro Jagasaki ~ The Dark Hero

No Caption Provided

Match Settings

Jagasaki will have basic knowledge on all of his opponents and vice versa. All characters will be operating under their usual moral/ethical boundaries. Win conditions include death, knockout, or incapacitation. It'll be set on the rooftops of a silent, moonlit town with no citizens around to complicate things.

So, how far does our dark hero make it?

KillerQueen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

KingCrimson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killerqueen: Is this a gauntlet of everybody in the verse mate?

KillerQueen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

KingCrimson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Granted I only know Jagasaki from the respect thread I’ve just seen, but I’d wager an S-rate with sufficient speed could probably take him. He seems to pack a lot of firepower, but as a mostly range based fighter.

I think Yamori would likely kill him. He has the speed to avoid shots and close the distance pretty damn quickly, and his kagune and regen should afford him some degree of protection against Shintaro’s weapons.

KillerQueen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kingcrimson: Yamori was the ghoul that tortured Kaneki, right?

KingCrimson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3f3e796cbd9
deactivated-5f3f3e796cbd9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably dies somewhere in the first encounter with the tree peeps, also nice to see a Jagaaaaan thread.

GreyTheJiren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By GreyTheJiren

My memory on Tokyo Ghoul is blank but I think no one can survive a direct hit with his bullets,if it pierces.

KillerQueen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kingcrimson: I see. In that case, I don't see him surviving. I know I'm supposed to be impartial and all, but I don't remember Jason having the feats to survive being transmuted and detonated (as that's what happens if Jagan pierces someone even a little bit):

No Caption Provided

Mikazuchi has skin that's 10 times harder than diamond and Jagan still blew his arm off, so I feel like it would be able to penetrate Jason as well unless I'm remembering something wrong (which very well might be the case).

KillerQueen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spinach: Why do you think so? Also, yeah, I'm going to be making a few more considering I just caught up with the manga last night.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killerqueen:

Jagan has great destructive potential, but i don't remember him being that durable, at least to the kind of damage that the ghouls from the tree place dish out. So i think its likely, that he would die around there

KillerQueen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spinach: Jagasaki (a weaker version than current, mind) tanked a blast that levelled a building and wasn't in critical condition afterwards (he did lose an arm and a leg, but that's besides the point). I haven't seen what happens after S2 of the anime and I assume that the characters become more powerful, but the random Aogiri Tree mooks shouldn't be able to defeat Jagasaki.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killerqueen:

I meant more like the bloke with the white hair that kaneki ends up eating, so the bosses basically. Jagasaki should be able to deal with the basic ghouls in the tree thingo.

KillerQueen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spinach: Ah, Jason? That seems to be the consensus then.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

KingCrimson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killerqueen: Everybody has an opinion mate - I think the debating in your own thread rule is kind of outdated honestly, as long as people aren’t making blatant mismatches.

In any case, that seems pretty solid, and I’d say it’s clear that Jason wouldn’t be able to tank the blows from his Jagan. However, his kagune is a separate appendage that he can create and dissolve at will, so if he used that to block or deflect it, couldn’t he just dissolve it before it explodes and then make a new one?

Aside from that, my argument was based on Jason being able to avoid being tagged. Physically he’s fairly damn strong and he can output pretty fatal damage in close quarters. Coupled with his speed and skill, it seems to me (with my extremely limited knowledge on Jagaaaan) that Jason would have an advantage over Shintaro in melee range.

KillerQueen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kingcrimson:

Everybody has an opinion mate - I think the debating in your own thread rule is kind of outdated honestly, as long as people aren’t making blatant mismatches

Yeah, I can agree with that.

However, his kagune is a separate appendage that he can create and dissolve at will, so if he used that to block or deflect it, couldn’t he just dissolve it before it explodes and then make a new one?

I suppose that would be a viable stratagem, but wouldn't that tax him at all? Jagasaki doesn't have a known limit on how much he can use Jagan, so I think he could win in a battle of attrition.

Aside from that, my argument was based on Jason being able to avoid being tagged

How fast is he? I'm guessing he's somewhere around bullet timing.

Physically he’s fairly damn strong and he can output pretty fatal damage in close quarters. Coupled with his speed and skill, it seems to me (with my extremely limited knowledge on Jagaaaan) that Jason would have an advantage over Shintaro in melee range

Jason is likely stronger than Jagasaki can deal with up close, but he's great at controlling the battlefield through his various attacks and pseudo flight. I think he wins if he can manage to not get grabbed.

KingCrimson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killerqueen:

I suppose that would be a viable stratagem, but wouldn't that tax him at all? Jagasaki doesn't have a known limit on how much he can use Jagan, so I think he could win in a battle of attrition.

It would require energy to perform the constant dissolution and creation (assuming he was backed into that strategy), but less-so than regenerating from wounds, which Yamori has been shown to do at an alarmingly effective rate.

Average Ukaku ghouls (although stated to have low stamina) undergo the dissolution/creation process rapidly, so much so that their kagune appears to flicker like fire, and yet they are able to fight effectively.

Yamori, who suffers from no such stamina issues as a Rinkaku ghoul, will be undergoing the D/C process at a much slower rate, and also has several kakuhou to draw RC cells from (effectively giving him more energy) should be able to last a fair while. How that would relate to Jagasaki's stamina, I have no way of knowing, but we know ghouls have limits, so I'll take your word that Yamori would likely lose a battle of attrition if it came down to it.

How fast is he? I'm guessing he's somewhere around bullet timing.

By scaling, certainly, though he has no bullet timing feats of his own.

I feel like casually is thrown around a lot, but he has casually (like, hands-in-his-pockets, smile-on-his-face kind of casual) out-sped -- borderline blitzed -- FTE characters like Touka, so going all out he should be pretty quick.

Jason is likely stronger than Jagasaki can deal with up close, but he's great at controlling the battlefield through his various attacks and pseudo flight. I think he wins if he can manage to not get grabbed.

Definitely seems like a viable option. Kaneki used his superior agility to avoid and eventually defeat a crazed half-kakuja Jason, so if Shintaro can play keep-away and keep firing, it could spell victory.

KillerQueen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kingcrimson: If he managed to defeat Jason, where do you think he would stop then?

KingCrimson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killerqueen: I'd say maybe the next rung or so up the ladder. Jason is probably the strongest S rate I can think of, so one of the weaker SS-rate ghouls.

Maybe Irimi or Koma? They're the guys who basically wiped out dozens of soldiers all with automatic weapons without a sweat using speed alone. I'd imagine they'd probably be too fast for Shintaro based on what I've seen.

ManimalMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jagasaki has some decent speed when he's propelling himself and can now go dragon form at will. If he stays out of range spamming high power cell destroying bullets he gets pretty far.

KillerQueen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By KillerQueen

@kingcrimson: Yeah, those two definitely seem too fast. Jagasaki can react to and fight bullet timers, but not on that level (he tagged someone that could do this, but he had to distract him and shoot from a blindspot).

In any case, I appreciate your detailed responses.

KingCrimson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killerqueen: No problem! Was cool to learn about some Jagaaaan.